Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Season 6 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr Drew, Part 2

• Start Topic

I'll be struggling not to throw something at the television if Dr. Drew does more of his false equivalence nonsense.

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (implying Barb is just as bad as Jenelle)

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (surely Chelsea is just as terrible as Adam!)

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (obviously Corey is just as guilty as Leah!)

• Love 8

Why does Leah get to have a "safe word"? She's on a reality show, her actions are out there for all to see and now she wants a measure of safety? They're all contractually obligated to be quizzed by the host and answer the questions! It's a big cop-out IMO.

• Love 13

I'll be struggling not to throw something at the television if Dr. Drew does more of his false equivalence nonsense.

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (implying Barb is just as bad as Jenelle)

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (surely Chelsea is just as terrible as Adam!)

*loud sigh* "Oh, you two." (obviously Corey is just as guilty as Leah!)

And admonishing Randy for being too hard on the man who called Randy's child a fat stretch marked bitch and grandchild a mistake.
  • Love 15

Why does Leah get to have a "safe word"? She's on a reality show, her actions are out there for all to see and now she wants a measure of safety? They're all contractually obligated to be quizzed by the host and answer the questions! It's a big cop-out IMO.

I agree! If poor little Leah is just so emotionally fragile that being called out on anything will cause a life ending blood pressure spike, then she shouldn't be on the reunion at all. Her being able to toss out lies and accusations and then shut the conversation down before the accused can say anything in defense is just complete bullshit.

What purpose does her attendance even serve? We've had all season to watch her delusions already- she's an overworked and overwrought single mother with no help and spiteful exes who lie about her, and she always puts herself last. Snort. Sounds like this safe word ensures that the reunion will be more of the same.

• Love 14

Exactly! And she's got such a sense of entitlement that she thinks she can control the line of questioning and cry foul when they get too probing. Why does everyone need to walk on eggshells around her?

Plus it smacks of diva treatment. The other Teen Moms don't have safe words.

• Love 9

IMO they give these girls too much control.  As everyone else has said, they are contractually obliged to appear on these reunion shows - if they don't want to (I'm talking to you, Leah) or storm off halfway through (looking at you, Jenelle) then don't pay them.  They aren't holding up their end of the contract so there is no reason why they should get paid.  MTV is their job so do it properly!

And if Leah is such a special, delicate, little flower that can't deal with Sad Panda's soft questions then maybe she shouldn't come back for the next season.  Clearly her *anxiety and depression* is too much for her and so she should take a break from reality TV.  Except that then she would actually have to get a job and couldn't just foist her kids onto someone else for some "me time" at the cafe/diner/nail salon.  So while poor Leah can't possibly cope with a reunion show without a "safe word", she's probably already started filming season 7.  

• Love 10

I posted the same thing. If the cast members walk off, don't pay them. They are under contract to appear at the reunion. Not answering questions or walking off is a breach of that contract. Plain and simple to me. I don't want to hear or read about how they are entitled to being paid, MTV makes a lot of money off of them, blah blah blah. They are contract employees. They are paid once a year. They are not being kept from holding down a real job. If they are relying on MTV money to survive, then they better learn to get with the program and do what is required of them. They sign contracts each year. If they don't like what is required of them then they can say "bye" and take their fucking attitudes with them.

I'd like to know how is it Jenelle and Leah who suffer from so much anxiety, depression, and all of these mental issues find the time, energy to find dick time and time again? Are they having anxiety attacks during sex? When they are cuddling with their "men"? Funny, they don't seem to be anything but happy when a guy is in their bed. When their kids are the only ones around them, they are too tired, stressed, anxiety-ridden, and all kinds of fucked up.

• Love 17

I've preemptively dialed 9-1 so I can easily reach the paramedics when Leah's bullshit makes my blood pressure skyrocket and sends me into a rage-induced heart attack.

Edited by Spacecow
  • Love 14

that "monkey" bs is nuts. If you can't handle the heat, leave your MTV check at the door and get out of the kitchen. I'm gonna get in trouble if I discuss Leah on here because I truly dislike that chick but honestly, MTV… knock off the BS of letting this girl write her own script and give the viewers all a big FU. 
Leah is a cheating, drug abusing, poor excuse of a mother. And she is DEFINITELY jealous of Miranda. OMG, its so obvious. I just can't with this chick. 

• Love 14

Adam did himself no favors. Even Sad Panda couldn't defend his behavior and attitude. I can't believe there was no mention of the creepy friend that appeared in every Adam scene this season.

Leah's still a hot mess. I don't blame Corey for worrying about the girls. Dr. drew is doing them a terrible disservice by giving their mom such a pass on her behavior. Leah has plenty of people enabling her, no need to add to it. monkey, my ass.

• Love 6

Adam, Nathan and Jenelle are simmering pots of anger.

My opinion of Cole went up dramastically when he refused to be questioned by Drew.

Leah needs to register her kids in school, and if you mention that it's an attack. She clearly still doesn't have her life together.

• Love 14

Anyone catch Jeremy at the very end when everyone else came out? How about enabler Dawn?  

I laughed my butt off when Corey told Miranda to say Monkey! 

Leah is ridiculous.  She pretends everyone is just so mean and picking on her.  The amount of men who have been in her the past few seasons are disgusting, while she has been married, and she acts as if she has done nothing wrong! That makes me sick!  Just because it doesn't air doesn't mean it didn't happen, Leah.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 12

Haha, the montage of the kids was telling in that the only Leah centric scene was the one where she's all bedraggled, kissing her disinterested kids goodbye on her way to rehab. No doubt the reel had precious few clips of Leah actually interacting with her kids to choose from.

Shut UP Dr. Drew. Leah's "holding her own" in that every time Corey scores a point, she can shut the conversation down. I could kick Peyton Manning's ass in a football throwing contest if I had someone sacking him every time he tried to throw the ball. That doesn't mean I'm actually better than him.

And super classy of Leah to shut the conversation down, then when Corey agrees to move on, she throws out a bitchy remark about how much better Jeremy is.

Love Corey mocking Leah's safe word by telling Miranda to say monkey. And Miranda's all like, what the fuck is monkey?

• Love 13

I wonder if Leah and Germs are still hooking up and that's why he's so lax with her and why Leah is singing his praises. If so, it's a short term thing. Once Germs moves on to another serious girlfriend/wife she'll be right where she is with Corey.

Did Leah and Corey admit they cheated? If so Leah can't say the only time she disrespected Miranda was then and now they're past that. I'm sure that's a constant hurt for Miranda every time she sees Leah. There is no reason for her to get out of the car. If Miranda and Corey made it past cheating I'm sure lots of fights and yelling and therapy happened to deal with that hurt. Whereas the hurt she feels with Leah she can't do anything about, Leah needs to shut up.

• Love 4

I wonder if Leah and Germs are still hooking up and that's why he's so lax with her and why Leah is singing his praises. If so, it's a short term thing. Once Germs moves on to another serious girlfriend/wife she'll be right where she is with Corey.

Did Leah and Corey admit they cheated? If so Leah can't say the only time she disrespected Miranda was then and now they're past that. I'm sure that's a constant hurt for Miranda every time she sees Leah. There is no reason for her to get out of the car. If Miranda and Corey made it past cheating I'm sure lots of fights and yelling and therapy happened to deal with that hurt. Whereas the hurt she feels with Leah she can't do anything about, Leah needs to shut up.

I can't imagine that Jeremy would hook up with her, just because he seems so grateful to be free of her, and like he would equate hooking up with Leah to be the equivalent of running back into a burning building from which you just escaped. Plus, with his teen mom 2 notoriety, he's probably doing okay with the local bar chicks.

I think all parties alluded to some cheating between Leah and Corey. Very disappointing if true because I'd like to think better of Corey.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

Can I marry Miranda?

You'll have to fight me for her.

Seriously, I'm so #TeamMirandaAndCorey  I hate hashtags, but MTV loves their hashtags.  And Dr. Drew almost let it slip about ole Leah He said something to the effect of "As someone who has seen a lot of parents in recovery... of all kinds... the kids just want blah blah blah" (just paraphrasing, but he had to stop and add "of all kinds to recovery, or whatever word he said, since he didn't say "therapy"

• Love 9

Adam saying he's spent $40,000 in attorneys fees trying to get full placement of his daughters so that they can come live with him full time was the saddest take away from this show for me.  There is no way Adam is ever, EVER going to get full placement of his girls.

Both Chelsea and Taylor would have to be some major eff ups before any judge would award placement to Adam.  Both Aubree and Paisley have been with their mothers since day one and both mothers have taken great care of their kids so, Adam, good luck with that.

I wish Adam would have socked that 40K away for his children's college funds instead of making lawyers rich.  Uggh.

Also, Leah makes me sick.  MONKEY MONKEY MONKEY.  What the hell is that all about anyway?  Stupid.  Yeah, great, MTV.  Give Leah a free pass any time anyone wants to ask her a valid question.  God forbid Corey try to ask for accountability on Leah's part.  Just say "Monkey".  Hate Dr. Drew.  Leah is not stable.  Moving every few months, girls not attending school or therapy sessions.

I'm going to be using the word "Monkey" tomorrow at work every time my boss asks me to be accountable, explain something, etc.  

• Love 15

I would like to be on an episode of Naked and Afraid. I will be fully clothed at all times, I will have a cabin with a bed, air conditioning and hot water, and takeout food and Netflix will be available at all times. I also won't have to get along with a co-star. Oh, and no reductions in my paycheck, of course.

Why does everyone need to walk on eggshells around her?

Because she's too lazy to get up and stomp out of the studio like Jenelle.

• Love 10

I admire Miranda's restraint.  She didn't say anything the could have been used against her to make it look like she was complaining about the girlses.  She's got to be sick to death of having them come to her and Corey's home looking like feral children, cleaning them up, returning them to Leah, and going through the process all over again yet she didn't say a word about it.  I think she truly does have the girlses best interests at heart.  Someone spent a lot of time painting and decorating the girlses pink room and  I bet it was her.  Not my style, but it looks like someone's idea of a girl's dream room and it was nice that someone did that for them since their mother couldn't be bothered.

Corey had an excellent point that he's gone through everything that Leah has and I was furious at Drew for shutting him off.  Ali's condition has been hard on him too and it's easy to forget that because he's handling it so much better than Leah.

Adum just plain sucks. 

• Love 17

So which one is it Leah.  Do you have a problem with Miranda staying in the truck OR do you have a problem with Miranda being at every drop off/conversation with Corey?   You don't know what you want. I'm so confused.  You make me want to yell Monkey!

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 16

Corey asks Leah if she has a boyfriend or if she is sleeping with some one. Of course she denies it.

Corey: the girls(es) say they saw him sleeping with you"

Leah: "they weren't even there"

duh! Stupid Leah! You should have said monkey!!!

• Love 17

Corey had an excellent point that he's gone through everything that Leah has and I was furious at Drew for shutting him off. Ali's condition has been hard on him too and it's easy to forget that because he's handling it so much better than Leah.

Adum just plain sucks.

Well, I will give Dr. Dickhead a slight pass in that Leah DOES have mental health issues and Corey doesn't, but then he spoiled it by saying Leah isn't obligated to explain her issues. If she's going to use it as an excuse for her poor behavior, then she IS obligated.

• Love 12

Corey asks Leah if she has a boyfriend or if she is sleeping with some one. Of course she denies it.

Corey: the girls(es) say they saw him sleeping with you"

Leah: "they weren't even there"

duh! Stupid Leah! You should have said monkey!!!

Loved that Corey busted Leah on the new boyfriend sleeping over BS.  Leah was craving a banana that night, I guess  ;)   Oh yeah, and MONKEY.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 7

Loved that Corey busted Leah on the new boyfriend sleeping over BS.  Leah was craving a banana that night, I guess  ;)   Oh yeah, and MONKEY.

But, she said she never lies. Hahahahahaha

• Love 3

I can't believe Leah actually tried to pull the "narcolepsy" card. Girl, if you don't sit down somewhere! I can't stand her monkey-looking a@@.

Then to insinuate that the kids have bad things to say about Miranda. She probably wouldn't let them eat Cheetos off the floor and they were upset. Shame on you Miranda!

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 12

I can't imagine that Jeremy would hook up with her, just because he seems so grateful to be free of her, and like he would equate hooking up with Leah to be the equivalent of running back into a burning building from which you just escaped. Plus, with his teen mom 2 notoriety, he's probably doing okay with the local bar chicks.

I think all parties alluded to some cheating between Leah and Corey. Very disappointing if true because I'd like to think better of Corey.

Very disappointing. Still, shut up Leah. That was pure deflection on her part.

I wonder if Leah realized that whatever happened in the time period she was alluding to would have been cheating on her part too.

• Love 5