Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Season 6 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr Drew, Part 2

• Start Topic

Leah is a mess. Monkey? Are you kidding? Leah is just afraid to own up to her own issues. What have Corey and Miranda done that is so horrible? Trying to make sure their children/stepchildren have the best life possible? What fucking monsters they are. Leah needs to own up to her issues, and work on them. Stop using anxiety or depression as a crutch. She's an addict.

Chelsea: Adam is never going to change. He'll always be a douche.

• Love 8

I still want to marry Miranda, but I will agree that she probably could have behaved a little more maturely with Leah - mainly because she has always come off more maturely on the show, so it was surprising to watch her go off. That said, I don't blame her for snapping, because I don't think I could have kept myself muzzled when having to deal with Leah and all the shit that everyone knows is really what's up but no one is allowed to say it out loud because Leah has some sort of "deal" with the producers to sugarcoat her "story." I'd be frustrated, too. I am sad that Corey and Leah apparently did cheat while he was with Miranda (can Leah be faithful to anyone, ever?), but I'd hope that Miranda's beef with Leah is more over the myriad other issues she has and won't own up to and less about that situation. I don't know, but it rubs me the wrong way when a woman decides to forgive her man for cheating but places all the blame and hatred on the other woman who didn't actually owe her anything.

I hate it when people forgive the man, but blame the other woman too. I hope that isn't what Miranda is doing. I think Miranda has plenty of other reasons to be fed up with Leah, and she did try to express some of them, whereas Leah didn't seem to be able to come up with what Miranda has done that has been such a problem. She doesn't get out of the car at drop offs? Is that really a big deal?
  • Love 3

Here's the thing about forgiving the man and not the woman, though - Yes, Corey had made the commitment to her, not Leah. However, Corey is also someone she ostensibly loves. When you love someone, you can often make the choice to forgive them because you feel the good outweighs the bad. With Leah, they are not friends and there is likely nothing she likes about her. I don't think Miranda's issues with Leah are solely about the cheating, but I can see given all the other crappy stuff Leah has done, Miranda not wanting to make as much of an effort to forgive her, as she would her husband who she loves. 

But I really do believe there is a lot more to it than that. Miranda just seems disgusted with how Leah behaves, in general, and the slack she continually is cut. 

• Love 9

I hate it when people forgive the man, but blame the other woman too. I hope that isn't what Miranda is doing. I think Miranda has plenty of other reasons to be fed up with Leah, and she did try to express some of them, whereas Leah didn't seem to be able to come up with what Miranda has done that has been such a problem. She doesn't get out of the car at drop offs? Is that really a big deal?

100% agree with this. Cory was the one who promised to be faithful to Miranda. Her problem should be with him.

• Love 1

So we don't even get to see the argument between Miranda and Leah's mom!?!? That's super lame.

And how about them not even telling Corey/Miranda that were would be a 'safe' word.  How is that suppose to work when half of the participants havent been told that Leah gets to choose what is talked about??  That made them all look stupid.

I wish they wouldn't do audiences for these reunions.  Everyone was all super nervous having to talk about this stuff in front of a studio of people.  I bet we'd get something way more interesting if it were just the people involved and Dr Drew. 

Also interesting that Jeremy didn't participate. We knew he was there (apparently with the new girl) - so he just showed up to hang out with the his daughter??

• Love 8

I was also confused why Jeremy was there but not interviewed. There wasn't much discussion at all about the fighting and divorce. And I feel cheated they didn't air the shouting between Delta Dawn and Miranda like they showed in the previews.

Monkey! I about went bananas when I heard that. Sorry!

• Love 7

It was very interesting to me that Cory said that he was "no longer afraid/scared of" Leah. I wonder if she's ever threatened him using the girls. I wouldn't put it past her.

Regarding his possible cheating, we know that he, for some strange reason, loved Leah and didn't want their relationship to end. I think his slipping was maybe him hoping that there may have been a chance for them to get back together and raise their kids together. I shudder at that thought, but Leah was Cory's weakness for a long time.

• Love 7

I have a lot to mention about the reunion but, the one thing that stood out to me was when Cory mentioned Leah had moved several times. Did we not only witness the move to the apartment and then to the home Jermy bought? That means there were at least 3-4 more moves within that time period. What the hell?? Did I miss any stories or articles linked here about those moves? Why did they move so much?

Jermy likely appeared on the couch but, offered very little conversation. His scenes were probably edited out?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

Why would MTV pay for Jeremy's travel expenses if he wasn't going to appear on the show?

For what it's worth, at least one commenter on the Teenmomjunkies summary says she got a ticket to attend and that Jeremy came out for a segment, but it got left on the cutting room floor because he was too boring and wouldn't dish the dirt. Guess he just wanted the free trip to So Cal for himself and his girlfriend of the month.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 6

Leah and Adam should get together for their "me time" that way they could share a babysitter to take care of their kids while they are busy taking care of themselves. Jesus all that therapy language from Lea, looked like she couldn't articulate some stuff. Loved how Sad Panda slipped and called her therapy recovery instead, loved Leah's reaction to it. She almost yelled "monkey". And what about how her anxiety and depression affects her "love" instead of life. Those were few amusing things that entertained me during this bullshit. And the huge cross Adam prominently displayed on his chest, he is trying to show how he changed to all of us who don't understand how great and involved parent he is. Go back to your gym. Maybe he should open new gym chain with Nathan called "metime". They should be careful working out too much or they might stretch their tatoos...

Edited by ava111
  • Love 7

I have a lot to mention about the reunion but, the one thing that stood out to me was when Cory mentioned Leah had moved several times. Did we not only witness the move to the apartment and then to the home Jermy bought? That means there were at least 3-4 more moves within that time period. What the hell?? Did I miss any stories or articles linked here about those moves? Why did they move so much?

Jermy likely appeared on the couch but, offered very little conversation. His scenes were probably edited out?

I wonder about that too. I guessing that Corey is maybe exaggerating a little bit. Probably unintentionally because it feels like Leah is also moving and he's lost track of the exact dates of all of her drama. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one seperation between Leah and Jeremy that happened between filming. Leah may have moved in with her mom for a week or so and then worked it out with Jeremy. So...little from column A, little from column B.

• Love 1

Cory mentioned Leah had moved several times. Did we not only witness the move to the apartment and then to the home Jermy bought? That means there were at least 3-4 more moves within that time period. What the hell?? Did I miss any stories or articles linked here about those moves? Why did they move so much?

She could justify one or two moves with the need for the home to be wheelchair-accessible, but I suspect that the other moves were mostly Leah being a finicky, nitpicking princess Goldilocks.

• Love 1

She could justify one or two moves with the need for the home to be wheelchair-accessible, but I suspect that the other moves were mostly Leah being a finicky, nitpicking princess Goldilocks.

I would buy that, but I actually think the extra moves are due to seperations between Leah and Jeremy that weren't filmed. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/ok-investigates-teen-moms-2-money-leah-messer-sitting-pretty-find-out-how-much-shes-worth/

from a couple year ago, mentions the $300k house..."unlike poor Jenelle, who is currently broke and living back at home with mom, Leah has managed to keep hold of her hard earned cash!"

"What do you think of Leah Messer's financial situation, has she earned the money or had an easy ride? Sound off in the comments below and tweet us @OKMagazine"

Hindsight is 20/20. LOL

• Love 3

Did Corey say "If I wouldn't have cheated with you I wouldn't have seen my kids."? Like he had to sleep with Leah before he could get the girls? I have a hard time understanding his mumbling. If so, what the fuck kind of backwoods Payton Place are those people living in?

Adam, Adam, Adam. I have never witness anyone who thinks it is so unfair to be judged by his own actions in my life. And I watch all the Real Housewives shows. His whole "but it's ok for Chelsea to have a few beers because she doesn't have any DUIs?" business. Yes, Adam, that is actually one of the reasons people think Chelsea can have a few beers. "Chelsea just thinks I'm a bad father because of all the stuff I've done." Yes, Adam, that is why she thinks you're a bad father. Because of the stuff you've done. What the fuck doesn't Adam get about that? Your actions matter. People think you're a criminal because you have a criminal record. They don't think Chelsea is one because she doesn't. Jesus Christ! It's like trying to explain the world to a monkey. MONKEY!

Corey said if I would have done half the shit you (leah) did.

He was referring to her drug use which leah wants to obviously cover up despite the fact everyone knows.

• Love 5

He said in the 4 years since their divorce from memory we have

1. To the trailer Leah bought

2. To Jeremy mums house that they rented

3. To the first house Jeremy and Leah bought together that was not wheelchair friendly

4. To the apartment

5. To the Deer Cam house

6. To Delta Dawns

7. To her current house with the personal trainer that is not her boyfriend that she only went to a cook out with but got a free trip on MTV dime

• Love 9

Here's the thing about forgiving the man and not the woman, though - Yes, Corey had made the commitment to her, not Leah. However, Corey is also someone she ostensibly loves. When you love someone, you can often make the choice to forgive them because you feel the good outweighs the bad. With Leah, they are not friends and there is likely nothing she likes about her. I don't think Miranda's issues with Leah are solely about the cheating, but I can see given all the other crappy stuff Leah has done, Miranda not wanting to make as much of an effort to forgive her, as she would her husband who she loves. 

But I really do believe there is a lot more to it than that. Miranda just seems disgusted with how Leah behaves, in general, and the slack she continually is cut. 

On top of loving Corey, there is also probably the fact that he sincerely apologized, and has made amends. I can see Leah continually gloating about how she "won". Even just her comment last night- I would never be jealous of Miranda- seemed to be a thinly veiled assertion that she could have Corey if she wanted him, and Miranda is clearly his second choice. Now I know there's our reality, and Leah's reality, and never the twain shall meet, but still, Corey cheating on sweet Miranda with Leah probably does not do much to dispel this false reality of Leah's.

I think Miranda is mad about the cheating, and also mad about how Leah trashes her around the holler, and also how she refuses to acknowledge Miranda's role in taking care of the twins over the years.

• Love 13

I agree about the cheating thing. Though Corey is the one who did the betraying, as Leah and Miranda have nothing between them to betray, Miranda has more of an incentive to move past her anger at him because she loves him/wants their relationship to work/has other better opinions of him separate from the cheating, what have you. Miranda has no reason to "move past" whatever she feels about Leah's role in the affair, because she and Leah have no real relationship to salvage or not salvage. If she's angry at her, she can go ahead and stay angry because it makes no difference in their relationship, because they had none. I guess what annoys me is that the slighted partner feels the need to be angry at the "other" person at all, even if they were angry at the cheating partner too.

But, as has been said, I doubt the affair is the main reason Miranda is hostile toward Leah. I don't think the incident is particularly recent, and we've seen Miranda and Leah interact, in a fairly civil manner, and Miranda speak of Leah not too harshly otherwise since then. I think the only reason the affair almost came up now is because the topic of Leah disrespecting Miranda and their marriage was already out there, and they were all forced to almost admit there was a deeper history in that department.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 5

Leah absolutely refuses to have her child medicated? that's rich. She's the only special special princess who gets to have medication for her multitude of "issues". ADHD/ADD are overdiagnosed and over medicated, but it is a real thing, and medication can be a godsend. Get off your high horse, Leah. That said, I don't think Gracie has ADHD (I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV). I think she is acting out, in a big way. I think she is desperate for attention. And I think her behavior reflects this.

Adumb. Love how he wore his best T shirt for the occasion. His snotty, dismissive attitude was hilarious. Chelsea having a few beers is equivalent to his multiple DUI's? He had to rush off to Denver for "me time"?? Newsflash,  most of us have to just muddle along, you know, working and raising our kids and paying our bills. We don't get to jet off for the weekend whenever we please.

Leah absolutely repels me. Even after being professionally styled, made up, and dressed, she still looked like a hot mess. Miranda was flawless in comparison. No wonder Leah was on the defensive.

• Love 11

Corey said if I would have done half the shit you (leah) did.

He was referring to her drug use which leah wants to obviously cover up despite the fact everyone knows.

Oh, thanks. That makes more sense. Between the mumbling, poor grammer, and the general belief that nothing is really beyond these kids, it can be hard to follow what TM2 cast members are talking about.

• Love 2
Between the mumbling, poor grammer, and the general belief that nothing is really beyond these kids, it can be hard to follow what TM2 cast members are talking about.

I have no clue what any of these people are ever talking about.

• Love 3

In order of appearance:

Adumb's pants. Not flattering. That looked like a belly stuffed in there under his waistband. Also, his thighs are enormous and not in a sexy (to me) way. I like beefy thighs, but those jeans were not flattering.

Chelsea's shoes were super cute. She looked good.

I liked how Dr. Drew called out Adumb's manipulation "do you have a few beers at home?" Adumb is the type of guy who surrounds himself with idiots he can manipulate. Chelsea is no longer in that group and it probably makes him crazy. And $40k on custody attorney?  How about if you spend some of that on child support (so you don't get arrested) and stop spending on those stupid ass tattoos all over?  cha.

Eye roll at Adumb insisting that his bad parenting was "in the past" and insisting that people not talk about it.  So, the past is last month? Because that's when you missed Father's Day visitation. 

Leah and Corey - oh man. I'm also super disappointed that they didn't show Delta Dawn yelling from the audience (except for MONKEY!). And Corey saying "I'm not afraid of you anymore." That's so...sad. I'm imagining that he knows she will run her mouth and make up shit about him to make trouble in their small town.

As an addict, she is expert in manipulating.

I was so confused that she went to one cookout with her "new boyfriend" but Corey had also met him. And they weren't in a relationship, because it was just the one cookout. Except there were a few other times when he was around. She can't keep her story straight.

I think she was high also, but maybe not as much as usual. That girl is a viper. 

I give Miranda a pass. I don't think she said as much as she could have, or was as hostile as she could have been. I wanted her to be meaner. She's pregnant. When I was pregnant my tolerance for bullshit was at an all time low. I had several "not my finest" moments. But people can fuck right off, especially addicts who cause someone's current husband to worry unnecessarily about their children. 

Why does Miranda have to get out of the car to greet Princess Leah during child exchanges? She needs to be fake nice so Leah can be reassured that Miranda still likes her and her choices are ok?  Her choices are not OK and instead of forcing a confrontation and making everyone uncomfortable, Miranda stays in the car. Grow the fuck up Leah! Not everyone will like you or affirm that you're A-OK. Even if you were, which you aren't. Not by a long shot.

• Love 10

Adumb. Love how he wore his best T shirt for the occasion. His snotty, dismissive attitude was hilarious. Chelsea having a few beers is equivalent to his multiple DUI's? He had to rush off to Denver for "me time"??

Probably because it's become legal to buy and smoke "me time" in Colorado.

• Love 16
On top of loving Corey, there is also probably the fact that he sincerely apologized, and has made amends. I can see Leah continually gloating about how she "won". Even just her comment last night- I would never be jealous of Miranda- seemed to be a thinly veiled assertion that she could have Corey if she wanted him, and Miranda is clearly his second choice. Now I know there's our reality, and Leah's reality, and never the twain shall meet, but still, Corey cheating on sweet Miranda with Leah probably does not do much to dispel this false reality of Leah's.

And, really, we don't really know how much shit Miranda gave Corey about it. They live together. They have the luxury of saving a lot of their private issues for when the cameras aren't around. But Leah and Miranda probably don't see each other much outside of filming and the reunion, so when she's all of a sudden seated next to this chick who her husband slept with, and has proceeded to make hell of their lives, I'd be rocking some stank face too.

• Love 9

Leah absolutely refuses to have her child medicated? that's rich. She's the only special special princess who gets to have medication for her multitude of "issues". ADHD/ADD are overdiagnosed and over medicated, but it is a real thing, and medication can be a godsend. Get off your high horse, Leah. That said, I don't think Gracie has ADHD (I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV). I think she is acting out, in a big way. I think she is desperate for attention. And I think her behavior reflects this.

I know I was seriously shaking my head at Leah proclaiming Gracie has ADHD without any sort of professional diagnosis, if she seriously thought that it was an issue she should shut up and seek help. She has been in the spotlight long enough to know that the label will follow Gracie even if it is not true. Even if Gracie does have ADD and they choose to medicate it is not a quick fix, the first thing from my experience they recommend is to change how you interact with the child to give them the best chance of understanding and I can not see Leah being patient enough to follow through to see results, she can't be bothered taking Ali to therapy due to her exhaustion imagine how much it would drain her to have to adjust her parenting style 24/7 it is much easier for her to bury her head under the pillow and ignore the behaviour.

I know a few kids with a formal diagnosis and it took more than a computer test to get it. Most of the more scattered ones I know are medicated for school but not at home as it can be a disservice to a child to not give them an optimum chance at learning and if they can not even sit still how are the supposed to learn. There is a difference between being a normal active child and ADHD one of our twins is highly active, never shuts up and is always on the move but as soon as he gets into the classroom he has the concentration of a ninja, our niece on the other hand is less active, less talkative but it highly scattered in her thoughts medication for her makes a huge difference she has gone from struggling to learn to being accepted to a selective school and you can tell when he medication is wearing off as she goes back to rambling. I can not tell you how many people have told me to test our child and when I tell them he is just active the think I am in denial (he was tested as a toddler and during primary school by a education psychologist)

• Love 6

I know I was seriously shaking my head at Leah proclaiming Gracie has ADHD without any sort of professional diagnosis, if she seriously thought that it was an issue she should shut up and seek help. She has been in the spotlight long enough to know that the label will follow Gracie even if it is not true. Even if Gracie does have ADD and they choose to medicate it is not a quick fix, the first thing from my experience they recommend is to change how you interact with the child to give them the best chance of understanding and I can not see Leah being patient enough to follow through to see results, she can't be bothered taking Ali to therapy due to her exhaustion imagine how much it would drain her to have to adjust her parenting style 24/7 it is much easier for her to bury her head under the pillow and ignore the behaviour.

This and Pepper Mostly's post. Leah insists on ABSOLUTE PRIVACY for her medical conditions and dx, but she'll just throw out that her MINOR CHILD has ADHD. Well, probably. I mean, it probably has nothing to do with constant chaos at home and poor dietary choices and absolutely no routine with school because mama is "a sleepyhead." The two are completely unrelated. 

• Love 10

Probably because it's become legal to buy and smoke "me time" in Colorado.

Ah-ha! Yeah, I assumed Adam's Colorado trip was about a new girl to fuck, but weed is a pretty good guess too. I loved Chelsea's incredulous face at Adam's lack of me time. You have you kid 4 days a month and some sort of part time personal training gig. Adam has slightly less alone time then your average coma patient. I really wanted Chelsea to set Dr Drew and Adam straight when they were asking her what Adam has to do to get more custody and say "Ask the judge! This isn't my doing." Chelsea has never interfered with the custody arrangement. If Adam can't convince the court he should have more time, that's on him. And missing half of your allotted custody time in a month to blow off steam in Colorado isn't likely to impress the judge. Honestly, that pisses me off more than it being Fathers Day. You don't get to be a parent when you feel like it. To have only 4 days of custody a month and miss half of them for no good reason is neglect. If I were the judge, that alone would get Adam an extra six months of supervised visits. He can't yet do the most fundamentally basic part of parenting and stay in the same State as his child. How is anyone supposed to trust him to do anything else?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8

Oh, thanks. That makes more sense. Between the mumbling, poor grammer, and the general belief that nothing is really beyond these kids, it can be hard to follow what TM2 cast members are talking about.

Corey definitely said something about cheating with Leah. I had to rewind a few times and still couldn't make it out exactly, but it something to the effect of HAVING to cheat or not see the kids. Weird.

ETA: So, I watched again with CC on, and I was wrong about him talking about cheating. Sorry!

Edited by hunneytot
  • Love 3

The only reason Gracie isn't on ADHD meds is because she hasn't seen an actual professional. Leah was using it as an excuse and trying to look like a great mom with the I refuse to put my kid on medicine line. 

Why does Miranda have to get out of the car to greet Princess Leah during child exchanges? She needs to be fake nice so Leah can be reassured that Miranda still likes her and her choices are ok?  Her choices are not OK and instead of forcing a confrontation and making everyone uncomfortable, Miranda stays in the car. Grow the fuck up Leah! Not everyone will like you or affirm that you're A-OK. Even if you were, which you aren't. Not by a long shot.

This really cracked me up because in the finale she freaked the hell out because Miranda was there. Now she needs her to get out of the car and bow down to her? GTFO Leah. 

• Love 11

Corey definitely said something about cheating with Leah. I had to rewind a few times and still couldn't make it out exactly, but it something to the effect of HAVING to cheat or not see the kids. Weird.

And now I'm back! So it wasn't just me? It sounded like he said he had to cheat on Miranda to see the twins? How on earth did Dr Drew gloss over that? Even if it's not what he said, how do you not ask for clarification over the implications of such a bizarre statement? Jesus. Don't come a knocking if the trailer is a rocking.

• Love 4

Leah and Adam should get together for their "me time" that way they could share a babysitter to take care of their kids while they are busy taking care of themselves. Jesus all that therapy language from Lea, looked like she couldn't articulate some stuff. Loved how Sad Panda slipped and called her therapy recovery instead, loved Leah's reaction to it. She almost yelled "monkey". And what about how her anxiety and depression affects her "love" instead of life. Those were few amusing things that entertained me during this bullshit. And the huge cross Adam prominently displayed on his chest, he is trying to show how he changed to all of us who don't understand how great and involved parent he is. Go back to your gym. Maybe he should open new gym chain with Nathan called "metime". They should be careful working out too much or they might stretch their tattoos...

All of this.  Adumb and that big, chunky giant cross displayed on his chest, Nips proclaiming "I'm a Christian!".  Those two assholes should open a 24/7 Christian gym.  They can call it "Metime" and send the original poster a finder's fee for that brilliant idea.

As to Miranda maybe not coming off as classy as she should, well, I think she came off quite well considering Leah and Corey slept together.  Seriously - pregnant women are incapable of bullshit.  I thought Miranda held her own.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 10

I have no clue what any of these people are ever talking about.

Me neither. From where I sat, all I heard was "oh really? let's talk about that thing you did. the thing I did? how about when you did that other thing. Oh you know what I'm talking about don't pretend you don't know about the thing with the person and the place." It's like a West Virginia Mad Libs! I really wish Dr. Drew had played even the slightest role in getting them to explain what they were talking about. 

I will say, I particularly enjoyed Miranda and Cory breaking the 4th wall a bit and calling Leah on her "oh I never talk bad about you guys!" BS by referencing watching her do it on the show. 

I do also wish the producers would have the moms and dads watch clips and comment on them. Hey Adam, you say that you never speak badly about Chelsea? Watch this. Or Leah, you say that you weren't ever that out of it? Watch this. 

Frankly, I'm DYING to know why Taylor had a 180 wrt Adam and custody. She went from suing him for full custody with Chelsea to having her court date and saying how ridiculous his lies were to having 50/50 custody and no problems. If they are going to feature the dad and 1/2 siblings, I'd like to know a little more about their situations. I completely respect Chelsea not bowing down to Adam and keeping her daughter as safe as she can. Her statement that he needed to prove his change to her is completely valid. I mean, really, show me that you want more than 4 days a month. As of right now he's only seeing her maybe 2 of those 4 days. I think Chelsea is reasonable and if he spent every minute of those 4 days with Aubrey and ONLY Aubrey (or with Paisley) she'd reconsider. And speaking of Paisley, if he's so concerned with the girls spending time together and he has 50/50 custody of Paisley, it shouldn't be too hard to arrange that on his weekends with Aubrey, he also has Paisley. But then he probably wouldn't be able to have his "Me time." You know who doesn't get to just F-off for a weekend in Colorado Adam? Full time, single moms - like the one who you take great pains to insult and belittle while she raises your daughter. 

• Love 8

Since we're all trying to figure out what the West Virginia folk were saying, when Cory/Miranda were talking about the stuff that the girlses say about Leah (like sleeping hard, fixing toast, having the guy sleep over) did she actually comeback with the girls complain about how they make them eat stuff they don't like? If so, how does that even compare? What, they make the girlses eat vegetables??? GASP! The horror!

I think they needed their own hour, even though they seemed to take up most of the episode anyway. There is so much more that I'd like to know about, even though I'm sure 'monkey" would have reared his ugly head a few more times.

Maybe they'll show the Miranda/Dawn tiff in a bonus episode or clips on the website.

Chelsea was playing nice but I wish she would have told Adam that it must be nice to have me time when you're a parent. Does Chelsea have the option to just get away when things are tough, at the drop of a hat? Of all the days for this "need to get away" to show up, it happened to be Father's Day. Good luck convincing everyone that you're a great dad and how you do everything for your kids.

• Love 7
did she actually comeback with the girls complain about how they make them eat stuff they don't like? If so, how does that even compare? What, they make the girlses eat vegetables?

She said that they made the girls eat something they weren't supposed to eat. I have no idea what that could be, given that we've seen how low Leah's nutritional standards for her kids are. But I think the point Leah was trying to make, albeit incoherently, was that when the kids say something bad happened at the other parent's house, Corey and Miranda believe the kids over her, but she would believe Corey over the kids.

• Love 3
Since we're all trying to figure out what the West Virginia folk were saying, when Cory/Miranda were talking about the stuff that the girlses say about Leah (like sleeping hard, fixing toast, having the guy sleep over) did she actually comeback with the girls complain about how they make them eat stuff they don't like? If so, how does that even compare? What, they make the girlses eat vegetables??? GASP! The horror!

She did say that! And Corey was basically, "Sorry, I'm going to encourage my kids to try new things". I.E. I don't want them living off of Cheetos and Hugs their entire lives. 

• Love 11

BINGO.  We share the same brain.  My thoughts exactly when CO was mentioned.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care if the weed was legal and weed is readily available in all 50 states. 

• Love 6

I think they needed their own hour, even though they seemed to take up most of the episode anyway. There is so much more that I'd like to know about, even though I'm sure 'monkey" would have reared his ugly head a few more times.

Maybe they'll show the Miranda/Dawn tiff in a bonus episode or clips on the website.

Chelsea was playing nice but I wish she would have told Adam that it must be nice to have me time when you're a parent. Does Chelsea have the option to just get away when things are tough, at the drop of a hat? Of all the days for this "need to get away" to show up, it happened to be Father's Day. Good luck convincing everyone that you're a great dad and how you do everything for your kids.

I think Leah said "eat stuff they're not supposed to". I thought she meant candy or an allergy or something, and I don't think she was actually saying she believed them. I thought she was trying to say that kids really do lie about stuff all the time. Which they do. My nephew tried to tell me his parents left him alone at home with the dog and the dog locked him out of the house and he had to sleep outside for a week. None of this happened. He's 4. He makes stuff up sometimes.

• Love 2

I have a real question about Leah's "treatment" , and I hope someone here can answer:  Are there really inpatient places where someone can go for help with depression and anxiety?  Aren't they called psychiatric hospitals?  And can someone just check in for 30 days?  

I'm not sure why Leah would think a psychiatric hospital would sound better or worse than drug rehab. I don't think there should be shame in getting well either way and I was surprised Drew went along with this story.   

And of course in all of this hot mess, not one word about the twin with MD and her prognosis. The kids are like an afterthought.

I missed some things but I did hear Drew ask about Ali.  Leah said she thinks everyone knows Ali's condition is progressive but for now she is doing okay. 

How about giving Adam some encouragement instead of unprofessionally diagnosing him as an alcoholic? What kind of doctor is drew? The thing is, Adam will always be Aubreys father and it would be in everyone's best interest that he continues to do well. No matter how much Chelsea wishes her dad can make Adam go away because she has a new family, it isn't going to happen.

Drew does like to diagnose people he's never met, but in this case, Adam's story isn't really new to Drew.  Adam is an alcoholic, or at the very least has a serious drinking problem.    He didn't lose his license for having a few beers on the weekend.   As to what kind of doctor he is, Drew is a medical doctor - he has an M.D. and is board certified in internal medicine and addiction medicine, unlike say  Dr. Phil.  Like Phil though, Drew is a famewhore.

I certainly am not a doctor, but as a viewer, Adam seems like the same angry nasty kid that treated Chelsea so badly after Aubrey [Aubree?] was born to me.   He's still badmouthing Chelsea every chance he gets, he still isn't really interested in being a Dad to Aubrey, and he still has a big chip on shoulder.  The only difference I can see is a physical difference and it's not a good one.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

This and Pepper Mostly's post. Leah insists on ABSOLUTE PRIVACY for her medical conditions and dx, but she'll just throw out that her MINOR CHILD has ADHD. Well, probably. I mean, it probably has nothing to do with constant chaos at home and poor dietary choices and absolutely no routine with school because mama is "a sleepyhead." The two are completely unrelated.

Am I right that she was basing it on the fact that she too was hyper sa kid and what someone at rehab not rehab said? When she mentioned being hyper, I was like of course, Mama Dawn probably fed you Mountain Dew and cheetos like you feed your kids.
  • Love 7

While thinking about how disappointing it was that Corey and Leah cheated early on his marriage to Miranda I had a thought about the time line. Ali received her intial diagnosis of Ullrich muscular dystrophy just before Corey & Miranda wedding (S05E01)  it was about 2 months later and further testing that they found out that she had the rarer form of Titans and was the only child in the world with it so the specialist had no idea in how it would affect her. I am not excusing their behavior but I wonder if sleeping together was out of grief/comfort to help cope with the fact that their child had a degenreative disease that had a huge unknown element to it.

On to the the more recent rumours that Leah & Corey hooked up again in the back of his truck, last night Leah mentioned that cheating during the early part of Corey's marriage was the only time she disrespected Miranda. I would have thought that if the more recent cheating scandal was true that Miranda would have shown more anger or called Leah out on it.

• Love 3

As to Miranda maybe not coming off as classy as she should, well, I think she came off quite well considering Leah and Corey slept together.

Me neither. From where I sat, all I heard was "oh really? let's talk about that thing you did. the thing I did? how about when you did that other thing. Oh you know what I'm talking about don't pretend you don't know about the thing with the person and the place." It's like a West Virginia Mad Libs! I really wish Dr. Drew had played even the slightest role in getting them to explain what they were talking about. 

Do we really know that Corey and Leah hooked up after he was with Miranda or are we guessing?  Like  the poster above, I was having a tough time understanding all the hillbilly coded manner of speaking.   I get that it was implied but have they talked about it somewhere else?  I don't follow their social media, but I have a hard time believing Corey would do that after all she's put him through - remember the Jeremy, Leah, Corey triangle?  

• Love 3

Drew does like to diagnose people he's never met, but in this case, Adam's story isn't really new to Drew.  Adam is an alcoholic, or at the very least has a serious drinking problem.    He didn't lose his license for having a few beers on the weekend.   As to what kind of doctor he is, Drew is a medical doctor - he has an M.D. and is board certified in internal medicine and addiction medicine, unlike say  Dr. Phil.  Like Phil though, Drew is a famewhore.

I certainly am not a doctor, but as a viewer, Adam seems like the same angry nasty kid that treated Chelsea so badly after Aubrey [Aubree?] was born to me.   He's still badmouthing Chelsea every chance he gets, he still isn't really interested in being a Dad to Aubrey, and he still has a big chip on shoulder.  The only difference I can see is a physical difference and it's not a good one.

The fact that a young guy was drinking at bars, driving while drunk, acting the fool, etc does not make him an alcoholic.  He was certainly abusing alcohol and may still be, but Drew needs to be more careful diagnosing someone that is not his patient.  He might very well be an alcoholic, but he might not be. Only a professional with a doctor/patient relationship should make that determination. 

I think Adam was nasty and unprofessional because he is constantly met with hostility even when he claims to be trying to change his ways.  He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.  As Randy said, it is too soon to see if Adam is able to turn it around, but it's not too soon to give him encouragement.  Let go how he was 6 years ago. Wait and see and hope for the best. 

And Chelsea needs to stop exaggerating her conversations with Aubrey, especially the ones that have been televised.  Stop sweating the small stuff. 

• Love 1

What really bothered me about Dr. Drew was that he never brought up any of the bad stuff with Leah like how many times her kids missed or were late for school, dinner and baths at midnight, and that car! Plus, he lost me for good when he told Barb that wasn't fair. It has been 6 years Dr. Idiot, and Barb has raised him. Janelle only wants him back when someone asks about him. Why not call jenelle out on that?

• Love 15

100% agree with this. Cory was the one who promised to be faithful to Miranda. Her problem should be with him.

I might be in the minority, but with all that redneck talk, I didn't get the message that Cory cheated. Was it explicitly said by him that he cheated?

Do we really know that Corey and Leah hooked up after he was with Miranda or are we guessing?  Like  the poster above, I was having a tough time understanding all the hillbilly coded manner of speaking.   I get that it was implied but have they talked about it somewhere else?  I don't follow their social media, but I have a hard time believing Corey would do that after all she's put him through - remember the Jeremy, Leah, Corey triangle?  

I agree.

Are there really inpatient places where someone can go for help with depression and anxiety?  Aren't they called psychiatric hospitals?  And can someone just check in for 30 days?

I know there are dual treatment centers that handle those who have addictions and mental disorders. I am not one to answer about the 30 days, but in my personal opinion, Leah would have needed way more than 30 days treatment.

As for Miranda giving Leah stink face or harboring resentment towards Leah because of some cheating that went on and how dare she be mad at Leah and not Cory, I honestly believe Miranda's resentment and anger towards Leah is simple: Leah is a bitch and a full-time hypocrite. Leah has said some pretty awful shit about Cory. Leah has made HER resentment towards Cory a full-time mission. Leah has shown more resentment towards Cory than Miranda has towards Leah.  If Leah isn't bad-mouthing him on camera, she is bashing him on Twitter or in interviews. At some point, someone is going to stand up and take a stance. Miranda seems to be the obvious person since she is married to Cory. I don't know about ya'll, but if someone smeared my man's name just on social media, I'd be a fighting bitch. You'd only have to say something once. How Miranda has managed to be calm after all of this time, I will never know. We only get a small look at Leah's world. Miranda and Cory see it a lot more than we do. I am sure if Miranda is pissed off at Leah, she has plenty of reasons. Two of those reasons are Grace and Ali.

Just for the hell of it, can someone give me dates of when Cory and Miranda started dated, when they got married and when Leah and Jermy hooked up and eventually married.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12