Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

You know, I find it funny that it is the men that are sulking, nagging, and behaving OTT when the women decides to pay attention to something that is not them. It started with Dante and has continued ever since. It is like we are back in 1920s and every woman must worship her man or she is in the wrong. It amazing this show with its two women co-head writers is still continuing this trend and writing female characters guilty for having a life. 

• Love 11

So Valerie is only slightly less pathetic than Liz. She's reluctant to start things with Dante and asks him if he thinks he might go back to Lulu and when he basically says he has no idea and wants to be with her because she's uncomplicated, she just laps it up and is so desperate she tells him she's okay with being the rebound as long as she can be with him. If I actually cared about that character, I'd feel sorry for her.

Not only that, but she's cool with possibly risking her career that she supposedly always dreamed of and is fine with keeping it quiet. Yes, I'm so sure it's Valerie's career Dante is worried about.

BM's acting was all over the place in his scenes with Liz and Sam. I get that he was mad not just at Sam but also at Carly, because of his earlier interactions with her, but his screaming at Sam was OTT. Then in the next scenes he seemed very wary of Liz. He was looking at her as if the coins had dropped from his eyes and he was seeing her for the pathetic psycho she is, and while I am all over people looking at Liz that way, I don't know why he was suddenly wary of her.

He's seemed suspicious of her for a while. I think his yelling at Sam was more annoyance at being prodded at (the fires already being stoked by Carly - good one, Cuje-ster) and less about believing Liz.

Ugh, Britt sucked, but shut up Nikolas. You had a woman shot. You have no moral leg to stand on when it comes to Britt and what she did to you.

Seriously. "My last girlfriend did a number on me - well, she did several numbers on me." Could that last line be any whinier? Also, I believe she pulled a number on him with the help of his budding psycho son, who he refuses to see might have several hundred behavioral problems.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Logically I agree Sam should move out but I just don't have a lot of sympathy for Patrick here.  He was just as self absorbed, if not more, when he spent a month moaning about his pain after Robin came back from the dead.  He made it all about him with a side of poor poor Sabrina and he expected a woman who had just been through hell for two years to understand.  And you know what? she did.  she gave him that space.  That he can't pay it forward makes him look like a total ass.  

I freely admit bias. I hate Sabrina with a passion, so I don't care. And their courtship was full of everyone exalting her wonderfulness as she used the memory of the dead wife to get her prince. So, yeah, it bit her in the end. Patrick didn't use the specter of Jason to land Sam. So that's apples and oranges to me.

And Patrick can pay it forward if Sam would be honest and quit keeping him in reserve. She should have been honest with Patrick and left that place after the wedding.

• Love 1

I don't care that he was callous to Sabrina mainly because during that month when he was all about the pain of having to make a choice he at least showed concern for how this was hurting her.  I do care how callous he was to Robin.  He was so absorbed in his pain he didn't ask her about what she had been through.  Given that she soldiered on while he was all.about.his,pain he should think long and hard about how demanding he is being right now.  Either that or think long and hard about how he treated Robin and apologize to her when he next sees her.  some how I doubt that happens

• Love 7

That he can't pay it forward makes him look like a total ass.

Patrick has always been an ass in some way or another, but I still don't think it's in character, under these circumstances, for him to basically demand Sam to get a divorce TODAY and to stop her from trying to find out if Liz was lying to Jason solely because he loves Sam SO much and wants and needs all the attention.

This is the writers straight up ignoring Patrick's years-long issues with Jason, more specifically, Patrick feeling like Robin chose Jason over him twice.

• Love 6

I think it is.  After all this was the guy who basically told Robin to get over what Lisa was doing to her by telling her sometimes Lisa was right and she was wrong.  He just wanted Robin to turn her focus back to him and her not "letting go" of Lisa trying to kill her was keeping that from happening so it ticked him off.  

• Love 3

Well actually Carly has slept with BOTH men responsible for getting her son raped in prison.  Jason brokered a deal with Anthony Zaccarra to protect Michael in prison. Jason warned Sonny to do NADA re the Zaccarra's for Michael's sake.  Sonny then decided he was going to kidnap Johnny and kill him... for reasons. So Anthony removed his protection which left Michael vulnerable and Carter decided since the protection was called off and he was a sick bastard, he raped Michael.  Sonny and Franco set it in motion and Carter took advantage of it.  If you are going to blame one then blame the other too.

This is so confusing. Who's Carter? Was this retconned to be Franco? Oh, nevermind, I'll take it to the history thread. 

I give no fucks anymore. End the Samtrick bullshit and let JT/Patrick escape. Frank is a nasty petty ass. So sorry that an actor got to escape your cesspool, dude. JT probably knew more of this was Patrick's fate if he stayed and he wisely cut his losses.

It's just too bad these hacks and ol' Frankie are hellbent on destroying Patrick in the meantime.

Oh, and as for poorpoorpoorpoorSam having the right to tell her husband the truth? Fuck her. Where is her ass still residing? Oh, right. With her BACKUP. Show some class, open your mouth, and GET THE FUCK OUT. Then worry about Holy Hitman as much as you like!

I can't with this crap anymore. Can. Not. Why Sam has to be turned into the VICTIM deprived of her HUSBAND is beyond me. Why Liz had to learn THE TRUTH so she could be psycho over Jason's lame ass is even more beyond me. Sam still living with Patrick is FUBAR. And Patrick is a giant douche. 

• Love 2

I think it is. After all this was the guy who basically told Robin to get over what Lisa was doing to her by telling her sometimes Lisa was right and she was wrong. He just wanted Robin to turn her focus back to him and her not "letting go" of Lisa trying to kill her was keeping that from happening so it ticked him off.

My other point is that I don't believe Patrick's love for Sam is that deep for him to have the reaction he did today. I just don't. The writers failed to make it believable. Throwing shit and demanding shit and basically saying Liz and Jason don't matter doesn't add up to me. There are deeper issues the writers, as of now, are ignoring.

• Love 3

I don't think his love for Sam is that deep either but I do think his ego is that big and he was reacting that way because his ego had taken a hit.  His anger was because he thinks it should be a no brainer for Sam to choose the almighty Patrick Drake over Jason and instead she is struggling and it ticks him off.  As I said above Patrick is only happy when all of the focus is on Patrick

Edited by camussie
  • Love 7

I don't think his love for Sam is that deep either but I do think his ego is that big and he was reacting that way because his ego had taken a hit. His anger was because he thinks it should be a no brainer for Sam to choose the almighty Patrick Drake over Jason and instead she is struggling and it ticks him off. As I said above Patrick is only happy when all of the focus is on Patrick

I guess it's just sad to me that THAT would be Patrick's sole POV in this story. "I'm a doctor and cuter and I'm better than Jason, so just choose me." Like, that's a complete fail from a story and writing standpoint. Complete fail.

• Love 2

At this point, I can't believe it's because Patrick's feelings for Sam are particularly deep, profound or anything of the sort. It's that this is about Jason and he's getting the shaft for Jason. Again.

Even though that's not exactly how it initially went down with Robin's departure at all. At this point, I'd say it's a given that Patrick has completely rewritten everything in his head to be 'Robin chose Jason over me and now Sam is choosing Jason over me. EVERYONE CHOOSES JASON OVER ME!!'

I'm fairly certain that the only thing that might snap Patrick out of this delusion about Robin choosing Jason and ruining everything and being a huge mistake for him to choose her over Sabrina is to actually see her with a gun to her head and chained to a wall. But even that might not be enough.

• Love 7

Sam was barely part of the story. Sam and Jason went weeks/months without any interaction for most of the time Jason has been back in town

I think the real problem is doing a recast with amnesia. If there's a new face and a completely new (or completely absent, in this case) personality - what's the point of the recast?

Y&R's Adam and OLTL's Todd were hiding their identities while trying to get their lives back - there's tension and drama in that. I don't know what the stakes are supposed to be in this story.

That would be a perfect story for an AJ recast.

But since we must haz Jason, why not have Jason spend time rehabbing with Robin, decide he wants to be Jason QuarterMorgan. He uses the Jasus skills to save Robin from being kidnapped on the daily. Just say Robin is in hiding from Helena, etc. Jason stealths into town after learning Sonny murdered AJ. Breaking the code, yo. Also, he learns Nik stole ELQ, Michael got drugged by Mordumb, and well Kiki. So, Jason QM decides to lurk as a new doctor. He wants to make sure Dr. O can't hurt Robin, plus he gets to watch Franco. You still have Jason interacting with his old pals, loves, enemies, but no Jake Doe bs.

Because I might not adore Liz, but no way in hell a nurse wants to be Nurse Doe.

• Love 2

I feel like Patrick should already know that Sam is still in love with Jason. It's not like they got divorced, he was murdered. And it was only three years ago, not ten. And there's the fact that it took her a long time to get to a place where she could stop talking about him so much. Of course she would be interested in possibly getting back together with him and of course she would want him to get his memory back. None of this should be surprising. But, Jason has shown no interest in Sam and them getting back together is not an option. So, the question should be - can Sam see herself being happy with spending the rest of her life with Patrick despite Jason being alive and can Patrick deal with the fact that Sam will probably never love him quite as much as she loves Jason. I would assume Sam knows that Patrick will always love Robin a bit more than he loves her / love her in a different way than he loved Robin but I don't think Patrick can say the same. The fact that he's acting like this even though he was in the same situation a year ago is just really astounding. Maybe Sam should check into a hotel for a bit but Patrick should also not be demanding loyalty and pressuring her for answers less than a month after Jason came back. You know, because he should understand EXACTLY how she's feeling. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 20

At this point, I can't believe it's because Patrick's feelings for Sam are particularly deep, profound or anything of the sort. It's that this is about Jason and he's getting the shaft for Jason. Again.

Even though that's not exactly how it initially went down with Robin's departure at all. At this point, I'd say it's a given that Patrick has completely rewritten everything in his head to be 'Robin chose Jason over me and now Sam is choosing Jason over me. EVERYONE CHOOSES JASON OVER ME!!'

I'm fairly certain that the only thing that might snap Patrick out of this delusion about Robin choosing Jason and ruining everything and being a huge mistake for him to choose her over Sabrina is to actually see her with a gun to her head and chained to a wall. But even that might not be enough.

LOL. Seriously, though. This. Why is it so hard for the writers to do this? It's baffling. The story is RIGHT THERE.

• Love 2

I have to laugh that Jason is all mad Liz might have known who he was before he did. HE NEVER CARED. 

Ugh, Bobbie and Valerie. I don't think Val could be more passive-aggressive if she tried. She was terrible with Dante, too.

The little shimmy Patrick did with Emma about planning the wedding was adorable. I will miss BLS and JT together. He and KMcC clearly spent a lot of time with her off-camera to develop that natural rapport they have.

It was great to see Johnny again, even if someone desperately needs to tell BB to stop with the "youse guys" accent, or whatever he's going for. Capone's butcher is a good description.

Nik, if you want your girlfriends to stop doing numbers on you, choose better girlfriends. 

• Love 8
The victim is all Sam has been portrayed as for years.  She was the poor rape victim whose husband was mean to her.  Then she was the poor grieving mother who child was stolen from her.

Oh Lord, she was a victim pretty much from the get-go. It's one thing about the character that bugs me: I have no idea where the perception comes from that she's this tough chick. They show her waving a gun around sometimes, but she's been a weeping dithering damsel in distress as much as just about anyone. When she and Liz were on the plane and she was throwing it in Liz's face how many times Jason had to rescue her, I was thinking, "Excuse me? Liz has known him longer, but I'll bet your column would run hers a close race."

When people say "Sam," the first thing I think of is Kelly Monaco with watery eyes and smudged mascara, talking in that whispery voice.

Remember back in 2004, when there were spoilers over the fact that a man would hit a woman in the face with a closed fist? I read back then that Guza and Pratt had wanted to do it before, but they couldn't, and now there were characters and a situation where it was deemed permissible. (Sam and Nico.) That was the creepiest case of back-channels "hype" I've ever seen -- like everyone in the audience was just dying to see a man hit a woman with a closed fist, so we had to be sure to watch that day. What an envelope to push. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

Nik, if you want your girlfriends to stop doing numbers on you, choose better girlfriends. 

He would probably cheat on her with some local billionaire's she-hulk because she couldn't get over being raped by his doppleganger fast enough. 

• Love 3

He would probably cheat on her with some local billionaire's she-hulk because she couldn't get over being raped by his doppleganger fast enough. 

But if she died, he'd totally keep a brain tumor to keep having ghost sex with her. He's truly a prince. 

• Love 5

Gawd, and you know he's going to act all outraged and BETRAYED when Rebecca Budig presumably helps Tracy steal back ELQ.  Dude, you tried to have her killed.  She could steal a company a day from you for the rest of your life and you STILL wouldn't be even!

• Love 10

Ugh, I can't believe we're supposed to find him tortured and therefore rootable.

Seriously.  Ugh.  I'm enjoying Rebecca Budig scheming with Tracy, but everything else about them is...ugh.

And I'm now terrified Rebecca Budig's ex-husband is going to show up, given the mention of him today.

As much as I dislike Valerie and think she is a bit more scheming that she lets on, I really hate how Lulu fixated all of her hatred on her, because Dante is the father of her child. I know it is a running joke, but Val's mother did die, all so Luke could be fixed. Unless Pat has other children, she is alone, except for the new found Spencers. I hate to say this about Dante, because he was such a good'ole boy, but he did use someone that was deeply grieving and lonely. Fuck you show!

• Love 7

As much as I dislike Valerie and think she is a bit more scheming that she lets on, I really hate how Lulu fixated all of her hatred on her, because Dante is the father of her child. I know it is a running joke, but Val's mother did die, all so Luke could be fixed. Unless Pat has other children, she is alone, except for the new found Spencers. I hate to say this about Dante, because he was such a good'ole boy, but he did use someone that was deeply grieving and lonely. Fuck you show!

Which is exactly the point Bobbie should have raised, because she thinks Valerie is still deeply grieving her mother.

• Love 5

I hope they have Bobbie go an yell at Dante about what he did to Lulu by using Valerie. I don't think he fully comprehends that he used someone emotionally vulnerable right now.

I mean, I think he is using now, but I don't think he used her the first time - at least, not on purpose - he wasn't thinking clearly. But Bobbie acting like it's okay on Valerie's part or for Valerie in general to continue relations with Dante is absurd, but then Bobbie already became pod Bobbie last year when Franco sat next to her after the not-wedding and she didn't knock him the eff out.

• Love 6

And didn't Liez just barge into Sam's house the week of Thanksgiving when Jason took off without telling her? I believe she did, so she can have a stadium full of seats. And if one more person says Sam was interrogating Jake, I may actually reach through the screen and pimp slap a few mother fuckers myself. She asked him 2 fucking questions, FFS! 

I recall she appeared in the Q mansion, asking Michael about Jason's whereabouts because he didn't "come home" (to her house). Then she went to Sam's, asked about Sam coming over to her house the night before, Sam said yeah I brought him his motorcycle, and they went from there with the tense words.

Liz wasn't in Sam's house to know how Sam questioned Jake, or how many questions she asked. Sam was being confrontational, and said she questioned Jake and that's what he said. So Liz assumes Sam was being intense toward her son; that's not a big shock. I rolled my eyes at Sam calling Liz self-righteous about that, because Sam would be furious if Liz or someone else questioned Danny, when she wasn't around and without her permission, about a conversation overheard between her and her mother or mother-in-law. I can only imagine her outrage if someone overheard the time she asked Alexis, "hypothetically" if she could get in trouble for watching a crime-the kidnapping of infant Jake- and not telling anyone including the police. And then that someone who overheard told Liz, Lucky, or the police what they heard. 

To be clear I think Liz has been wrong about how she's handled things throughout this storyline....but Sam is just as capable of being a liar and hypocrite any day of the week. It's just that Show has really done its best to white-wash Sam. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

I fell asleep watching so I was in and out. Basically, a lot of yelling at Sam, and then other dumb/boring stuff. Were these the big Naxie scenes that their fans were waiting to see? MY. GOODNESS. [/Verne Lundquist]

• Love 1

Patrick's been hanging out with Sonny too long.  Breaking stuff when he doesn't get his way.  Sam should have packed Danny's and her things and left. 

I wish Nathan would say "Maxie is a cow" in French.  She would have eaten that up, too.  It's a desperate attempt to make Nathan look sophisticated and it has the opposite effect.  Oh look, the rube is bilingual.

I don't mind B.B., but do we really need him back to add him to the Lulu/Dante/Val/Dillon storyline? 

I fell asleep watching so I was in and out. Basically, a lot of yelling at Sam, and then other dumb/boring stuff. Were these the big Naxie scenes that their fans were waiting to see? MY. GOODNESS. [/Verne Lundquist]

Verne Lundquist? Figure skating reference! :)

(For those of you who don't know, Verne Lundquist would call the figure skating broadcasts during the Winter Olympics on CBS in the 90's with Scott Hamilton.)

If Liz is Nancy Kerrigan, then I want Carly to Tonya Harding her ass. And since she knows how to cry well, Sam can be Oksana Baiul, who was known for crying a lot when she got high marks. ;)

• Love 3

Sam should just take Danny and run from the bullshit.

SO MUCH THIS. I would take him and leave all these sorry asses.

Verne Lundquist? Figure skating reference! :)

(For those of you who don't know, Verne Lundquist would call the figure skating broadcasts during the Winter Olympics on CBS in the 90's with Scott Hamilton.)

If Liz is Nancy Kerrigan, then I want Carly to Tonya Harding her ass. And since she knows how to cry well, Sam can be Oksana Baiul, who was known for crying a lot when she got high marks. ;)

He did used to do figure skating, but he's done College Football on CBS for so long now that everyone is screaming for him and Gary Danielson to get away because Verne can't get names right, and Gary's just dumb. Googling his name tells me that there is even a petition to get rid of them. I love people who have too much time on their hands. https://www.change.org/p/cbs-sports-cbs-broadcasting-inc-replace-gary-danielson-and-verne-lundquist

I need Sam to either cut a bitch or go on another Drunk!Sam truth telling tour.

• Love 6

I can't believe Maxie was turned on by Nathan quoting the Pythagorean theorem in French.  

• Love 2

I can't decide who was the biggest prick today....So it's a tie between Patrick, Dante and Jason. 

The whole eating at Kelly's was such a stupid fucking plot.  I get their BLTS are OMGAMAZEBALLS but really?  EAT SOMEWHERE FCKING ELSE.  They are both 2 stupid to live.

At this point, Sam just needs to say fuck it and let all these idiots fend for themselves.  This SAmtrick nonsense is so obviously fast tracked to faciliate JT's exit....but SAmTrick in general have been such a bust it is only *slightly* noticeable. 

• Love 6
Patrick is the biggest dwouche (that would be the combination of dweeb and douche).

I love this sentence so much I want to kidnap it and chain it to a wall.

I don't think Patrick is being destroyed.  This is who he is.  As long as it doesn't affect him directly he doesn't care what someone is doing to his loved ones.  He has always been about his pain first and foremost and he wants the woman in his life to get over whatever they are going through so they can get back to focusing on him.  Patrick is great as long as everyone in Patrick's life agrees that Patrick comes first, last, and always.  The second that changes his inner jackhole comes out.  

Balance will be restored soon enough, though.  Robin will come back, probably apologize for being held prisoner, tell Patrick how hard this has been on him , after Anna of course, tells Robin how hard this has been on Patrick and Patrick himself talks about how much he has been through and they will go off into the sunset with Robin and Patrick both focused on Patrick, just the way he likes it.  

I just can't get over that Patrick isn't going to have to do without poontang for even a day before his backup slampiece makes the scene.  I mean, this show....

We are?

Yeah, unfortunately I don't see Nik being tortured at all. Nor do I think we're meant to.

But I do love Hayden...and I certainly find her rootable.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4

To be clear I think Liz has been wrong about how she's handled things throughout this storyline....but Sam is just as capable of being a liar and hypocrite any day of the week. It's just that Show has really done its best to white-wash Sam.

Sam has basically been USING Patrick and his place, stringing him along and leading him to believe she was trying to put aside her feelings for Jason and getting a divorce to make a future with Patrick. When she knew she wasn't getting Jason as her carnival prize--he was going to Liz--pouty Sam tried to kick over Liz's sand castles and run back to Patrick's skirts for protection. And ironically she still didn't truly care about Patrick, even as she retreated to his place, wearing his huge diamond and accepting his roses. I'm not surprised that Patrick finally had it out with Sam and called her on her lying B.S.to him 

His situation with Robin and Sabrina wasn't so like the Patrick/Sam/Jason/Liz entanglement. Just because both stories include an old love back from the dead, that doesn't mean the identities of all are interchangeable or that the tensions and plot points are identical or parallel. I see real hurt in Patrick's expressions and actions--not just ego trips. Patrick probably wonders with so many of us what's so godlike about Jason. He's hurt by Sam's constant lying and hollow promises to him. Even before she knew Jason was alive, she was talking non-stop about her dreams and memories of Jason. Sam was not ready to get into another serious relationship, and her behavior has become worse. Sam should have let Jason and Liz alone, moved out to her own place with Danny, and confessed the truth to Patrick that she wasn't ready for him. Then when Liz and Jason crashed in the future (as every couple does on GH) she could have had her crack at Jason if she still wasn't over him. They would always have Danny as a common bond, so he was not likely to leave her life entirely.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Sam has basically been USING Patrick and his place, stringing him along and leading him to believe she was trying to put aside her feelings for Jason and getting a divorce to make a future with Patrick. When she knew she wasn't getting Jason as her carnival prize--he was going to Liz--pouty Sam tried to kick over Liz's sand castles and run back to Patrick's skirts for protection. And ironically she still didn't truly care about Patrick, even as she retreated to his place, wearing his huge diamond and accepting his roses. I'm not surprised that Patrick finally had it out with Sam and called her on her lying B.S.to him

His situation with Robin and Sabrina wasn't so like the Patrick/Sam/Jason/Liz entanglement. Just because both stories include an old love back from the dead, that doesn't mean the identities of all are interchangeable or that the tensions and plot points are identical or parallel. I see real hurt in Patrick's expressions and actions--not just ego trips. Patrick probably wonders with so many of us what's so godlike about Jason. He's hurt by Sam's constant lying and hollow promises to him. Even before she knew Jason was alive, she was talking non-stop about her dreams and memories of Jason. Sam was not ready to get into another serious relationship, and her behavior has become worse. Sam should have let Jason and Liz alone, moved out to her own place with Danny, and confessed the truth to Patrick that she wasn't ready for him. Then when Liz and Jason crashed in the future (as every couple does on GH) she could have had her crack at Jason if she still wasn't over him. They would always have Danny as a common bond, so he was not likely to leave her life entirely.

It's amazing to me how the audience sees things completely different because I see nothing but Patrick acting like a spoiled little bitch. And it is his house, if he wanted Sam out he could've told her that the day after the non-wedding. But no, he wants to 'win' against Jason. And his sorry ass STILL hasn't put two and two together about Robin. Patrick asked Sam time move in, even knowing how much she still talked about Jason. The night Helena sent Jason to kill Sam in the penthouse, Patrick knew she was having issues and instead of saying 'hey, I can see how emotional you are right now, maybe we should step back and just chill for a minute'. But no, Patrick wanted to get laid, by any means necessary. So his dumbass was willing to still have sex with Sam even knowing her dead husband was on her mind. And has been pointed out, HE is responsible for any distress Emma feels, considering he's tried to find her a new mommy 2 years in a row.

Patrick can eat a dick and shut the fuck up.

• Love 13

So Valerie is only slightly less pathetic than Liz. She's reluctant to start things with Dante and asks him if he thinks he might go back to Lulu and when he basically says he has no idea and wants to be with her because she's uncomplicated, she just laps it up and is so desperate she tells him she's okay with being the rebound as long as she can be with him. If I actually cared about that character, I'd feel sorry for her.

The girl needs to get some self-esteem. The way she was lapping up Dante admitting he's just using her for now was disgusting. 

AT first I was all "Why is Patrick leaving? It's his house!" Then I realized it's Robin's house and all three of them should GTFO.

• Love 5