Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

She spent many a year with St. Borg and only had a brief respite with Lucky in the hot but. She's paid her dues. ;)

Bwah. I'm just over Patrick being her only audience for the stories. At least have her ask him questions once in awhile.

Are Danny and Emma sleeping over at Mac's again? Has Danny called Mac "Daddy" yet?

• Love 3
no one to mooch off of anymore. No wonder [Lauren] was going nuts.

Hee. Denise will probably step up. It gives her an excuse to be closer to Morgan without arousing (heh) suspicion.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

The meeting of the Five Families reminded me of the big mafioso dinner scene at the end of Some Like It Hot, it was that inadvertently ridiculous.  All it needed was Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis hiding under the table.

Morgan...  There is something wrong with that boy.  I know they're trying to make him look like a viable suspect in Silas' murder, but, yeah, there's something wrong with that boy beyond guilt.  And stupidity.  His behavior the last few eps has been so strange.

• Love 6

The meeting of the Five Families reminded me of the big mafioso dinner scene at the end of Some Like It Hot, it was that inadvertently ridiculous.  All it needed was Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis hiding under the table.

Morgan...  There is something wrong with that boy.  I know they're trying to make him look like a viable suspect in Silas' murder, but, yeah, there's something wrong with that boy beyond guilt.  And stupidity.  His behavior the last few eps has been so strange.

There's a rumor that says he's bi-polar. I am not enthused.

Hee. Denise will probably step up. It gives her an excuse to be closer to Morgan without arousing (heh) suspicion.

I'm still eagerly anticipating Kiki walking in on Morgan and AvaDenise.

• Love 5

The ABC Family mob scenes were so amazing. I wonder if anyone involved with writing those scenes knows that all of the five families are Italian.

But...but... that isn't politically correct! ;)

Hey us Italians have gotten beaten up enough on this show, accurate or not, I'm fine spreading the cliches around. Now excuse me, I have eggplant parm in the oven and sauce on the stove (I actually do...)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 9

You know whose reaction was missing from "Generally Sorta Remember A Dude Named Silas" today?  Lucy.

Lucy (watching the news): What a relief, the streets of Port Charles are finally free of greasy-haired vampires.

Sigmund III: Quack.

Kevin: Lucy, are you coming back to bed?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Maybe he's schizophrenic and is having his first break...

I may or may not have recently watched ER's "Be Still My Heart/All in the Family" episodes. I may or may not be totally influenced by that at this moment in time.

• Love 3

I can just see it now.  Denise will be constantly giving Kiki cash to go to the mall or catch a movie.  Maybe she'll make her some spa appointments.  "And I'll just hang out here and keep Morgan company while you're gone."  With that as a mother and Sonny (or Morgan) as a father, poor Avery doesn't stand a chance. 

• Love 2
I may or may not have recently watched ER's "Be Still My Heart/All in the Family" episodes. I may or may not be totally influenced by that at this moment in time.

These are proof that hospital stories can be compelling and engrossing TV! Imagine, a show called ER - and it focused on...a hospital and its staff! (But those two episodes, even 15 years on, were heartbreaking, but so well done.)

• Love 1

Oh, was today the annual, MB insists Sonny get to act like a real badass mobster and shoot someone day? So, of course he shot the only person who could tell him the information he wanted (the name of the person ripping off his shipments)

Nice twirl and shoot Sonny, how long did you practice that in a mirror?

• Love 4

I am just out of the hospital after having emergency abdominal surgery last week.  Morgan Corrinthos, I have not felt as nauseas during the past six weeks as I did this afternoon.   Your stupid sorry ass had me agreeing with Carly!  If your girlfriend's dad dies you do whatever it takes to get to her and support her.  Your mother was 100% correct.  I can never forgive you for making me side with Carly. 

• Love 5

Ah, two of the best back-to-back episodes of a TV show ever.  Based on his behavior of late, I can see them trying to go there with Morgan, or via Ulkis' possible spoiler, but I, too, am unenthused.  They wouldn't do it justice.

Oh, was today the annual, MB insists Sonny get to act like a real badass mobster and shoot someone day? So, of course he shot the only person who could tell him the information he wanted (the name of the person ripping off his shipments)

Not long enough.  I thought it was a pretty lame effort.

Still waiting to find out what's in these "shipments" that qualifies Sonny as the "good" gangster in town.

• Love 2

He's schizophrenic in the same way Luke had , I mean didn't have DID.

• Love 5

I couldn't help giggling at the rival gang leader who was taunting Our Hero and was shot for his efforts. His accent shifted around from Russian to Scandanavian to Italian to Greek in a couple of sentences. What an eclectic criminal!

I wonder if Carly will go all orgasmic when she finds out her dude randomly shot people during a temper tantrum. Is anyone else reminded of Tony Soprano's mom Livia chewing on her children's self-esteem when Carly rips into Morgan or Michael?

• Love 4

Honest to goddess...I was embarrassed to even watch the show with Kiki sobbing like all the air on planet earth was being sucked away.

OMG. That was some over the top howling. I don't know how Howarth didn't just tell her to pipe down & knock it off.

Maybe Easton had earplugs...that was enough to wake the dead. Or maybe that's what she was going for.

Poor child could have used a bit of direction on that scene.

• Love 2

Wait, Sonny shot someone today? Usually I can keep up with just reading the board, but today's been the first day in nearly two months that something's happened that wasn't either spoiled or obvious.

Heh, I loved the way Mo pronounced "Karpov" as "Car-puff".

As for today's show, um . . . Mo continues to look absolutely ridiculous holding a gun. I outright howled with laughter at that little twirl thing.

• Love 3

I wonder if Carly will go all orgasmic when she finds out her dude randomly shot people during a temper tantrum.

Well, Russian Criminal, did, sort've give Jason credit for shit, so Carly actually might consider it a loss...

"Don of the Northern Seafront"—do they seriously think that makes Sonny sound like a Mob powerhouse? It's also weird to see Sonny in a white dress shirt, as he usually goes with a dark one. The Five Families met in Ryan's Bar? WTF?

Carly's reaction to Morgan wondering why he should call Lauren was classic: "What sort of idiot son did I raise?" Hee. I loved Carly's dress. LW sometimes looks kind of dumpy—especially when she wears stuff that isn't so tailored—but that black dress was terrific.

Pro tip, Morgan: You want your mother out of your business? It would help if you didn't live in her house.

Silas got more flashbacks than Luke and AJ did combined. Why couldn't whoever killed Silas have bumped off Madeline, too?

Lauren's hysterics in the PCPD were hilarious. She's all calm until she slaps Franco. What terrible writing.

• Love 5

Yeah, he shot a Russian mobster. Not the first time.

Poor Russians just rub Sonny the wrong way I guess.

Why did he shoot that guy four times?  To increase the chances people will hear and chance upon the scene?  God, he's dumb ...

• Love 1

Heh, I loved the way Mo pronounced "Karpov" as "Car-puff".

As for today's show, um . . . Mo continues to look absolutely ridiculous holding a gun. I outright howled with laughter at that little twirl thing.

Did he pirouette? I hope the answer is yes.

• Love 3

Why should he try right now? The character of Patrick has absolutely no purpose in life but to bed Sam. Doesn't take much effort to know how that goes.

He should try because he is being paid, and quite well, to do a job which he is manifestly not doing.  We just got shut of one actor who believed that the stardom he attained through GH was beneath his talents, we don't need another so-called "actor" stepping up to fill that slot.

My newest wish to whatever TV gods there may be is for the Sonny pirouette scene to end up on THE SOUP.

• Love 3

"Don of the Northern Seafront"—do they seriously think that makes Sonny sound like a Mob powerhouse? It's also weird to see Sonny in a white dress shirt, as he usually goes with a dark one. The Five Families met in Ryan's Bar? WTF?

When I heard "Don of the Northern Seafront", for some reason I started humming that old commercial jingle, "Trust the Gorton's Fisherman".

I guess we'll find out that Sonny is east coast supplier of the Fillet-o-Fish.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

Pro tip, Morgan: You want your mother out of your business? It would help if you didn't live in her house.

Or at the very least, not act super shady and then be all "JUST FORGET IT, OKAY?" 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
He should try because he is being paid, and quite well, to do a job which he is manifestly not doing

We'll agree to disagree. To me, he is not doing anything because there is literally nothing to do but stand there and sex up Sam. No introspection. No dialogue of any depth. JT is on set and does the above, so right now, he is - as Dire Straits once put it - getting his money for nothing and his checks for free.

Seems to me he is on set and doing the bed buddy act. Ergo, he is doing his job as warranted.

• Love 10

We'll agree to disagree. To me, he is not doing anything because there is literally nothing to do but stand there and sex up Sam. No introspection. No dialogue of any depth. JT is on set and does the above, so right now, he is - as Dire Straits once put it - getting his money for nothing and his checks for free.

Seems to me he is on set and doing the bed buddy act. Ergo, he is doing his job as warranted.

I'm weird and notice these things, but the way Sam and Patrick kiss weirds me out because it's so chaste. It almost seems like the actors' choice to not...kiss properly or to not make an effort to portray a passionate pair. Like this is a newish couple! Why aren't they making out ever? And when they supposedly are, like today, it's the tail end of it and *peck*

It's just ODD when you compare it to every other pairing on the show.

It's just ODD when you compare it to every other pairing on the show.

I coudln't tell when Sam said "I've never been more attracted to you than I am right now" if she was being sarcastic or not.

As to what sets Samtrick apart, I think it's because they are a filler pairing. Just something for both of them to literally do while Jason's identity is under wraps.

I coudln't tell when Sam said "I've never been more attracted to you than I am right now" if she was being sarcastic or not.

As to what sets Samtrick apart, I think it's because they are a filler pairing. Just something for both of them to literally do while Jason's identity is under wraps.

Ha. When she said that, I had to rewind to see if I didn't imagine it because they couldn't be any colder.

I get that it's filler, but the writers are still portraying this as ~new family~ and ~love~ The lack of passion is shocking to me and I don't give a crap about Samtrick at all. But I still want to see a believable story. So if that's the couple they're trying to sell right now as a viable future triangle, show it!

• Love 1

They are giving JT a big blank void to deal with ... Patrick has no POV. His reactions and non-reactions to things - as written - are absurd. The character has been gutted at this point. Just standing there looking like he's waiting for death would be a reasonable reaction to the scripts he's being given at this point. I can't really fault JT too much.

Speaking of which, I'm sad Silas has been killed... there are so many other people who shoulda been murdered first!!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 10

Previews...I really cannot believe that Rebecca Budig is still here.  I was kinda looking forward to her waking up, to see her fuck with Nikolas and Liz, but now that she's on contract...UGH.

• Love 4

Previews...I really cannot believe that Rebecca Budig is still here. I was kinda looking forward to her waking up, to see her fuck with Nikolas and Liz, but now that she's on contract...UGH.

It makes me laugh that they have the Jason secret in the hands of a nobody who just showed up 4 months ago. Oh, Ron. I'm gonna miss saying "Oh, Ron."

• Love 2

Not much to say really. If I hear Kiki's name one more time, I'll explode. This month is going to be horrendous with her dealing with it. Carly, who gives a fuck whether Morgan calls her or not? Let him ignore her, it gives me pleasure. And you're such a good authority on relationships, aren't you?

Jordan should have snapped Franco's neck. But she never should have gotten that close to him to begin with.

Sonny is laughable and pathetic.

Maybe UO: I thought BC was better today than he's been in a while. I think this "weirdness", whatever it is, is so much better than him copying MB's bad tics. He's better in scenes with Laura than with Maurice.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

They keep making them toss around the word "love" but Sam, imo, has seemed more alive fiddling with one of the many strands which often hang from her dresses/shirts/tops.

Sam calling dating Silas the "transition" from Jason she needed to be able to love again, and love Patrick at that, was laughable ridiculous and painfully idiotic to me. And it still tickles me that they can't risk bringing up Sam's connections with John M. even now.

She and JT seem like buddies just killing time together, I completely agree. I get why Kelly is comfortable and laid back with him since they're great pals off set, and he with her as well, but there is just nothing between Sam and Patrick that screams or even whimpers "soul mates" or "lovers" or especially "in love" to me. It's like they're just each other's convenient bed warmers until X finally returns.

• Love 1

If ever there was a day that blatantly screamed no chemistry, just hanging out, it was Samtrick's scenes today. I rarely comment on them because they're just so...blah. And not in a Michael/Sabrina way, they're not sickeningly sweet and boring like those two are, they just don't have anything going on. KeMo is way too sexy to be stuck in this rut. I wish we could get GV Lucky back for another round in the hot but.

When Sam was going on about how Silas was such a good man, and how he saved Danny, I really thought for a second they weren't even going to acknowledge that they dated. Hah.

• Love 1

OK,  is anyone else wondering if the Asian woman at the summit is going to turn out to be Brad's wife?  I ask because she is Asian, he is Asian and well, that's pretty much all the writers need.  And I am assuming that he is married to a woman because no names were mentioned.  I am also assuming he married so his family wouldn't know he was gay and/or because she needed a green card.  I am not sure why I am thinking so much about this lame storyline.

I am getting the impression that the people targeting Sonny are Brad's family (his bio family are the ones in the mob right?)

• Love 3

I laughed so fucking hard at the TWIRL! and shoot. It was like an exaggerated dance move, especially with the flourish windmilling of the arm. I'm assuming this was a one shot deal and MB just got nervous and went a little Fosse on us and TPTB awesomely decided to go with it rather than redo the scene.  That was GOLD.

Seriously people, if you have not seen today's episode, just watch the Five Families, you MUST. You will NOT be disappointed.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 4

Maurice Bernard as Sonny is so tough. <eyes roll>. The meeting of the families was like some bad SNL skit. Why couldn't they have killed Kiki off? That girl is awful & is like nails on a chalkboard. I hope this storyline doesn't drag on like Fluke did. Ugh!! Also, the guy who plays Morgan has one ugly mug. He ain't exactly soap pretty. Since, none of the contract stars killed Silas I'm guessing it's Rosalie. After all, she did get an Emmy nomination last year. <eyes roll>.

• Love 1

I wonder if any of the Five Families members are alive and not in prison. If so, they should sue GH for taking their name in vain. As a native New Yorker, I resent Ron's take on them and I am not even Italian.

• Love 2