Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Frank Smith is alive for an episode at age 85?  Judging by the clip that was posted a week ago, guessing he was about 50 in 1980.  He says he kidnapped Lucky & Ethan and made Luke & Laura pretend to be a couple out of revenge for Luke shooting him and leaving him for dead.  He also tried to force Luke to have sex with his daughter either also as revenge or as a gift to his daughter.  Then he clues us in that Lucky was a part of the 'caper'.  Lucky says he had to participate because his son Jake is alive.  Frank also mentions Helena.

So anvils and all....

• Love 1

Since RC does everything off screen, here is my version of what is going on:

Robin saved Jake from his cryogenic stasis with an assist from her brilliant cousin Georgie. Lucky rescues them both, they head back to Port Charles. Georgie has a wonderful reunion with Mac. Meanwhile Lucky realizes how awesome Robin is and sweeps her off her feet. Together they take the kids and move to Europe to start a new life together.

Hey - if I can't get a realistic Scrubs reunion, I'll settle for a little Rocky.

• Love 7

Nice to see Felix has used his time off to work on his slow-growing Kid 'n Play 'cut.

I actually felt a bit for Dollar Tree Dillon when Maxie was giving him the ice cold over Georgie. Really, bitch? What have you done for your loved ones lately? His new hairstyle makes him look about fifteen, but at least he looks vaguely youthful like Scott Clifton now. I think away from Lulu, and closer to his geeky/Georgie roots, the recast might have more potential. He's still never gonna be the best choice for the role but he's the hunk Uncle Frank hired, so, as is the case with too many marginal new actors on the show, I find myself trying to make the best of it.

Billy Miller has done what was basically impossible for me, which is make me enjoy Jason and Sam. He and Monaco have a very easy chemistry together, but his Jason is never going to be Jason Morgan and that's just fine AFAIC. They will be very foolish if they try to make him that, the way they did in the spring with the incredibly boring undercover romp with Julian and Sonny. He works best as the Quartermaine man of action, and doing more Smiling Detective stuff with Sam. That's how they should remake the entire character, but I doubt they will stick to it.

I'm glad Nathan is so fucking chill about Maxie scampering back off to Portland and Spinelli, mere months after she randomly got back together with her ex out of desperation just because Nathan wasn't putting up with her bullshit for ten minutes. I wouldn't let those two near each other! This show has no real story or character continuity, it just glosses so fucking much of it over.

I liked Tracy and Sabrina together, and the little mention of the museum exhibition for Malkuth (as in, "Sword of Malkuth," from the '80s) was neat, but the issue with that is the way the larger show is produced. Everything else is so slipshod and superficial in terms of plotting, characterization or tone that even when these constant references to the past come up - most of which I'm sure do come from a genuine place of love, and which are nice nods in and of themselves - they just come off as cutesy self-satisfaction at this point, like, 'look what we did, even though we can't fucking tell coherent character-oriented stories or maintain any dialogue quality!'

And yes: Cutting away from L&L and Lucky for the day after the Jake cliffhanger because of some guarantee shit or something is classic Frank. I am almost 75% sure we'll get some damn flashback exposition.

I'd rather Brad monologue about his troubles to a picture of Britt than confide in that annoying busybody

I wouldn't!

• Love 8
(edited)

But not because Cam isn't his. Cam can be angry at Lucky, but I don't want it to be because Lucky isn't his legal father. Lucky is Cam's father in every other way possible.

Cam should furious with Lucky because Lucky was the only father he had. And Lucky outright abandoned him. Lucky was all about Jake. Aidan was barely a consideration, since Lucky believed him to be Nik's for such a long time. Jake really was heart and soul. Losing Jake threw Liz and Lucky into hell. But Liz had to get keep herself together. She had two other little boys to raise. Lucky really was in a major depression and he finally just left. Ireland, africa, anywhere but home.

Aidan is a toddler, so not having an everyday relationship with Lucky isn't an intolerable thing for him. Yet.

Cameron is another story. Lucky was the only dad he had around. Then the divorce happened and Lucky was made a more limited figure for him. Until Lucky and Liz reunited for awhile. Then they broke up again. Liz got to deal with a very angry Cam for quite some time. Remember Cam's fire incidents?

I wish JJ could stay long enough (and the hack writers talented enough to write it) to have young Cam tell Lucky about he felt (and feels) about Lucky just disappearing after his beloved little brother "died". Jake being alive doesn't change the fact that Lucky pretty much abandoned a young, sad and scared little boy. A boy who considered him to be his father. But Cam had to feel devastated when Lucky just left and didn't come back for him.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 4

I'm pretty sure I heard him say that. Their entire conversation was an exercise in WTF, you people?! Just really gross. I hope she feels bad. I hope it eats at her until she explodes (literally). Nik of course has never felt bad about a thing in his whole life.

I ended up watching, took me two tries because Sam started talking about Jason and I......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Nik and Liz have been so delusional that I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Nik was trying to make her believe that it's always been about her and Jason. But, really, it annoys me because it was all about JaSam for like, a decade, and I sat through that, Ron!

I wish Jakeson and Sam would stop talking about Jason and start making out or something.

• Love 4

Hey Liz, you know why Jason would run back to Sam?   BECAUSE SHE IS HIS FUCKING WIFE!   They didn't divorce, they didn't fall out of love...HE DIED. My god, she really is a delusional piece of work.  I don't care how "guilty and sorry" you SAY you feel....it means nothing every second you keep this shit to yourself.   Her and Nikolas really deserve each other.  They really are both vile.

Liez has become more pathetic and desperate than even I could've ever imagined.

• Love 1

Since RC does everything off screen, here is my version of what is going on:

Robin saved Jake from his cryogenic stasis with an assist from her brilliant cousin Georgie. Lucky rescues them both, they head back to Port Charles. Georgie has a wonderful reunion with Mac. Meanwhile Lucky realizes how awesome Robin is and sweeps her off her feet. Together they take the kids and move to Europe to start a new life together.

Hey - if I can't get a realistic Scrubs reunion, I'll settle for a little Rocky.

I'll take it however Craptini won't allow me to have nice things. Instead, Robin will return, take all of the blame and beg PatPrick to forgive her and take her back.

It's why I support KMc's directing. She had a dream and is working hard to achieve it. Stay on the Pretty Little Liars set directing Kim, don't come back. I don't want these asshats destroying your character anymore.

Ugh, how many secrets are floating around that MoRon hasn't addressed yet. Felix secret was never revealed, Rosalie's secret has been going on for 2 Damn years and now Brad has a secret that ReRon hasn't clarified yet either.

Why should I, as the viewer care about a secret that I don't even know about.

• Love 6

When Dante stumbled and hit the wall right before he and Val hit the sheets, I told myself it was because he stepped on all the beer caps he was flinging around the room. (Then I laughed at my own joke) 

I really, really hope Lulu steps on one of them today. 

RC bringing Jake back from the dead is eye rolling.This show is getting near Passions territory of nonsense.

I would give anything for Julian Crane to show up and verbally spar with Tracey. 

Ugh, how many secrets are floating around that MoRon hasn't addressed yet. Felix secret was never revealed, Rosalie's secret has been going on for 2 Damn years and now Brad has a secret that ReRon hasn't clarified yet either.

Why should I, as the viewer care about a secret that I don't even know about.

Because....reasons? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate youtube and Hulu. I can no longer even find clips of the show.  Sigh. I haven't watched last week's episodes yet, but just wanted to watch Lucky and Laura's reunion, because Genie and JJ haven't shared a screen since '99. And I couldn't find that. And Hulu demands I subscribe and pay if I want to watch, which, no thank you.

I don't care how fucked up and stupid the story line is. If I can come back to watch the fuckery every time Kimberly returns as Robin, I will certainly tune in for Laura and Lucky, because I love Genie and JJ. And I don't care how scruffy he looks. It's JJ!

I mean, this is the same person (me), who squeed like a TWEEN when I'd read JJ was returning to this fakakta show after Greg Vaughn was fired. Sorry for Greg, but JJ has always been my Lucky and he always will.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Don't forget the pressing secret of who is Nathan's father.  I forget if it was rumor or speculation that it was supposed to be Bill Eckert.  So, when the re-write of that storyline happened, out went the "greatest evil that ever eviled" that was Nathan's father.

GHScorpiosRule, this one's for you

Warn a person that Dante and Valerie rolling around in Lulu's bed is on that!

• Love 2
(edited)

GHScorpiosRule, this one's for you

You are da BEST, LegalParrot!!!!

Go AWAY Pod!Dillon and BratzLooloo.  Can't you see I'm trying to enjoy my Spencer Reunion?

Francie,

That's what the fast forward button is fer, and yep, I was able to use it!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
(edited)

Francie: I didn't watch past the Lucky & Laura hug.  Sorry.

Anyone else notice toward the end of the big shoot out, one of the goons was ready to shoot Luke in the back and Laura pops up and off's him.  Once again, Laura saves Luke's sorry butt and it just reinforces that Laura isn't/wasn't some helpless damsel.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 8

Francie: I didn't watch past the Lucky & Laura hug.  Sorry.

Anyone else notice toward the end of the big shoot out, one of the goons was ready to shoot Luke in the back and Laura pops up and off's him.  Once again, Laura saves Luke's sorry butt and it just reinforces that Laura isn't/wasn't some helpless damsel.

I did and I CHEERED! I also grinned at Lucky's look of shock. Brought back memories of Laura holding that automatic whatzit in '78 and didn't she also defend her home after Lulu was born?

And agree--Laura ain't no "wounded dove" or helpless damsel.

• Love 7

Don't forget the pressing secret of who is Nathan's father.  I forget if it was rumor or speculation that it was supposed to be Bill Eckert.  So, when the re-write of that storyline happened, out went the "greatest evil that ever eviled" that was Nathan's father.

Is there anyone out there who still cares to learn who fathered the taking tree? 

I thought Brad's secret is known to us the viewers, just not to Lucas.  I don't remember Felix having a secret but I don't pay too much attention to him.  Rosalie's secret I believe has changed - it was about the identity of her father, lately it has been about something Rosalie had done.  I'm sure it will change again.

Ric got Nina to sign the power of attorney papers... Guess this means someone will be drugging Nina and returning her to the nut house?  Will Silas confess that he took Avery to spring Nina?  Will Franco recommit himself?  Will anyone not fwd those scenes?

I thought Felix's secret was that he wasn't out to his parents, which Sassy!little sister (forget-her-name) used against him to stay in Port Charles.

I'm guessing that Brad's parents are also unaware that he's gay, but it will probably be a cultural thing with them.  Or an anti-gay Asian mob thing.

I thought Felix's secret was that he wasn't out to his parents, which Sassy!little sister (forget-her-name) used against him to stay in Port Charles.

I'm guessing that Brad's parents are also unaware that he's gay, but it will probably be a cultural thing with them.  Or an anti-gay Asian mob thing.

The weird thing is, Lucas just said that Brad has no problems talking about his birth parents, but he shuts up and acts secretive when his adoptive parents are mentioned.  Which annoys Lucas because he wants to know about the people who raised Brad.  I could've sworn this whole time all the shady stuff was about Brad's birth parents.

Sassy!little sister (forget-her-name)

Taylor. About the only good thing this regime has done is realize she was a useless, unneeded character and just had her disappear.

Felix's secret was never confirmed on-screen, only that Taylor had something on him, his not being out to his parents was just rumor and speculation.

I really hope Ron doesn't force a coming out story here with Brad and his adopted family where it doesn't belong.  My theory is that his adopted parents are familiar Port Charles names.

I could've sworn this whole time all the shady stuff was about Brad's birth parents.

Brad told Lucas about his mob bio-ties the night they met, they bonded over it.  "My bio dad's in the mob."  "OMG, mine too!"

Wow, they really did manage to get Richard Burgi to play Paul Hornsby.  The guy's got a talent for playing charming bastards, this could be kinda fun.

Dante doesn't have a leg to stand on, but I kinda enjoyed him calling Lulu out on how idiotic it was to lie to him in the first place.

I don't understand why the writers keep having these random conversations between Alexis and TJ.

Did I miss the reason why Sabrina is just hanging around at the Quartermaines?

• Love 3
(edited)

OMG!  It's Richard Burgi!!!  Squee!

He's too good for this show. (thanks for correcting that GHScorpiosrule)

He should have been playing Sloan.

New rug, looks good. :)

Edited by ciarra
(edited)

Dante was such a prick. Yelling and screaming. I'm surprised he didn't do a Sonny and call her a whore. 

I feel like JMB Lulu would have slapped the frick out of Dante today.

Has Dante always resented Lulu being Luke Spencer's daughter? LOL at how he didnt care that Lucky was kidnapped.

DZ and Emme killed those scenes. I'm sure they are thrilled to finally get some meaty material. Way better than baby crazy nonsense.

I'm not sure why Jake/Sam stopped mid safe picking to talk about her liking jewelry. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 5

According to the previews Val eventually went to work. For someone running late she took the time to have tea, convo with Sam/Jake and reminisce about boinking Dante. Dante feels like a fool now I bet

• Love 1

OMG!  It's Richard Burgi!!!  Squee!

This show is too good for him.

He should have been playing Sloan.

New rug, looks good. :)

Errr, I think you mean He's too good for the show!

Has Dante always resented Lulu being Luke Spencer's daughter? LOL at how he didnt care that Lucky was kidnapped.

I don't think...hmm...maybe you're right. If JMB were still Lulu, they'd still do this stupid story.

And that is JUST WRONG. Dante and Lucky were partners and they were friends.

I know it's redundant, but FUCK YOU Carlivati and your band of "writers."

• Love 3

I still can't believe they landed Richard Burgi. Way too good for the current writing, but if, as rumored,

he may be for Laura I am happy,

even though he should really be someone new.

• Love 3

How long are they planning on streching JJ's 4 episode return? A month?

If it wasn't for the fact that we have an end date for Tony Geary I would say November sweeps.  This show is awesome with dropping stories and then coming back to them when people stopped caring.

• Love 3
(edited)

I used to watch this show called General Hospital*....

https://youtu.be/ziw9_BBETks

...somehow, I don't think Ron ever did.

*I found this on Twitter (#WhyRatingsAreLow) but I'm sorry I don't know how to post the video here, it's about the Quartermaines

That was wonderful. I'd forgotten how much good story Stuart Damon got. RC would've just had other characters call him fat until he killed him off

*still bitter*

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Anyone notice Liz is wearing the same shirt and pony tail when previewed Lucky came to the door. We have to sort of forgive Dante he has those dirty genes from his sperm donor. I wanted to smack Dante myself. Love that he told Lulu where and from whom he got the information. men are so stupid he really said Val didn't want to tell him. Got a bridge to sell you Dante. Nine months you know Re_Ron  will be bringing a baby on.  I like Sam with Jake I just hope he is a Quartermain . If its back to the killer for hire Jason I am gone again. Actually probably once Genie and JJ are gone so am I

That was wonderful. I'd forgotten how much story Stuart Damon got under Guza. RC would've just had other characters call him fat and killed off

*still bitter*

Instead Guza killed him off to make Jason sad (instead of trying to accommodate SD's health issues like the show constantly did with TG.)

• Love 1

No offense to Emme, who's okay most of the time, but JMB would have kicked ass and taken names in this story.  I just found Emme a little too bland.  Where's that Spencer fire she's supposed to have.  Or is she saving that for when she finds out what Dante and Valerie did.  

• Love 5

Dante had some good points but DZ is playing this too much anger and not enough heartbreak. He should be dying inside, although the look on his face towards the end was better.

Liz and Nik, just hook up already.

I liked the Alexis and Alexis/TJ scenes

Sorry, but the shit eating grin on Val's face when Dante puts her down on the bed irks that crap out of me. However much I sympathize smiling that position, lol. Yes Dante, your new girlfriend is such a fragile little flower.

Tracy's new man is 10000 steps up from Luke. And way better than the old Paul too.

NuDillon was more tolerable today, perhaps now that is he back where he belongs and not interfering in the Spencer scenes

And gtf out of here with threatening Dillon, Sonny.

• Love 2

When Dante said something about Lulu being too focused on being Luke Spencer's daughter, I yelled back at my TV "and you certainly jumped right to being Sonny's son!"  

So, basically, he's pissed at her because he jumped the gun and took her lie as an excuse to jump into bed with her cousin before finding out what the hell was going on.  And now it turns out Lulu wasn't cheating, so he's the only one who actually cheated.  I mean, I defend the Liz/Jason thing, because they each actually witnessed Lucky and Sam in the act with Maxie and Ric.  Dante saw Lulu and Dillon's clothes on a bed.  Their shirts weren't even holding hands, dude. 

• Love 10

Dante was such a prick. Yelling and screaming. I'm surprised he didn't do a Sonny and call her a whore. 

No, he wouldn't do that. So I was scared they were gonna go there (calling her a "whore") because you never know what Ron is going to do, but thankfully they kept that part in tact.

I don't think he did/does, until Lulu lets it get in the way of everything else. Like when she went on the bore-dello adventure and Dante had to stay away from work for a month to make sure she didn't get herself killed and then she was almost raped and killed and he almost got killed too.

And I could easily buy that he resents being almost killed earlier this year by Luke but Lulu yet again hid something for her dad . . . except they never had him voice that resentment!! We had to see Nina and Franco.

Oh, I forgot to comment on the cheap ass "15 minutes later" subtitle to get us to think Lulu might catch Valerie in the shower. Hey, instead of Ron's twitter, maybe they can use that to tell us what's going on all the time on of-screen GH! And by cheap, I mean cheap, pathetic storytelling, although I'm sure it was a cheap font monetarily as well.

• Love 5

No offense to Emme, who's okay most of the time, but JMB would have kicked ass and taken names in this story.  I just found Emme a little too bland.  Where's that Spencer fire she's supposed to have.  Or is she saving that for when she finds out what Dante and Valerie did.  

I thought she was decent today. Her vibe was actually "woman" and not "perky princess", again towards the end. Too much drama! acting in the beginning, and then it got humanized. Anyway,  I hope she rips of every scrap of fabric in that apartment, shatters every glass, and then locks him in the loft he tried to kick her out of . . . it's her house too, asshole.

• Love 4
(edited)

So, basically, he's pissed at her because he jumped the gun and took her lie as an excuse to jump into bed with her cousin before finding out what the hell was going on.  And now it turns out Lulu wasn't cheating, so he's the only one who actually cheated.  I mean, I defend the Liz/Jason thing, because they each actually witnessed Lucky and Sam in the act with Maxie and Ric.  Dante saw Lulu and Dillon's clothes on a bed.  Their shirts weren't even holding hands, dude. 

I think he's rightfully pissed that he trusted Dillon over him with this Lucky secret.  Her rationale that Dillon and her used to have adventures all the time, it was THEIR THING, and that's why he got to come along was weak.

But yeah, did Lulu ask him why he didn't hang out in Vancouver and confront her?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I thought she was decent today. Her vibe was actually "woman" and not "perky princess", again towards the end. Too much drama! acting in the beginning, and then it got humanized. Anyway,  I hope she rips of every scrap of fabric in that apartment, shatters every glass, and then locks him in the loft he tried to kick her out of . . . it's her house too, asshole.

That bed needs to be picked up and destroyed by the same hazmat service that (with any luck) took away Michael's couch.

• Love 4

That bed needs to be picked up and destroyed by the same hazmat service that (with any luck) took away Michael's couch.

Has a hazmat team been to the Q crypt yet?  

Nothing Lulu did justifies Dante screwing Valerie for me. Nothing.

Oh I agree.

That's what I meant earlier.  Dante calling her out about the idiocy of lying to him and letting Dillon in instead was spot-on.  But he absolutely has no leg to stand on.

• Love 1

But yeah, did Lulu ask him why he didn't hang out in Vancouver and confront her?

That is the stupidest part of the story thus far.  Hell, I think even Morgan would have managed to wait for his woman to come back had he been in that situation.  And he's not even a freaking police detective (or even a human being with a triple-digit IQ).  Dante would never be that idiotic.

Has a hazmat team been to the Q crypt yet?  

Oops, I knew I had forgotten another stop the truck needed to make!

• Love 4

t.  Her rationale that Dillon and her used to have adventures all the time, it was THEIR THING, and that's why he got to come along was weak.

I agree.  She hasn't had any relationship, friendship or otherwise, with Dillon for TEN years.  It stopped being their thing a long time ago, pretty much around the time she got married.  If Dillon had been in town all these years, or if his return had been longer before they headed off, maybe it would be different, but she basically grabbed a stranger's hand and took off on a trip while lying to her husband.  

• Love 7