Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

You think this is rabid? The Carly/Sonny boards during that gross and blessedly brief period when Sam was paired with Sonny? THAT was rabid.

Besides, I don't hate Sabrina. That'd be like hating oatmeal. You don't hate oatmeal - you endure it and just try to get it over with quickly

I love that name. So so much. I snort-laugh every time I see it

I just...

So. If this had been the AJ story instead of the relish debacle? You'd have AJ with the company slipping away despite his best efforts because his family keeps fuckin up: Michael who mistakenly trusted Rosalie, Tracy and Ned and Brooke who stupidly gave up shares to protect people they loved and Dillon's mumblecore share swap. Some of this would still be dumb but it would at least feel like a Q story with AJ and Ned in it

Having Michael come in and yell at Tracy about family doesn't do much for me because he just became a Q - but with AJ and the weight of their history? The decision to make peace and fight off an outsider with all the Qs banding together against the Prince of Douchey Tides? Would actually be pretty fantastic. Even with the horrible ass SERIAL KILLER and WE NEVER CARED (-2) in the mix, that could be compelling soap. But Ned is gone, Michael is a child, AJ is dead, Tracy doesn't have a position in the company and I don't have any attachment to Dollar Store Dillon so all I can focus on are the holes in the plot and the piss poor motivations

No, that was what I meant about Sam hate during the first few years-the period you are talking about is the period I am talking about.

I'm just glad we have this ELQ story. It's the only thing keeping my attention. I am glad I started back watching, because the Q interactions are making it worthwhile for me. Without that, IDK that I'd bother.

• Love 2

This is surely asking too much, but I don't want the Prince of Douchey Tides to have an out in a brain tumor or blackmail, I want him to have to own up to what he's been doing.  I don't want scenes of Lulu et. al being all, "You can't yell at him, he had a brain tumor!".

The toughest thing to walk back will be his siccing a hit man on Rebecca Budig, the rest of his actions have been relatively white collar comparatively. 

This is my thinking too, which is why I said I don't mind him as he is. Corporate raiding goes on all the time on soaps, or it used to. The only thing that really I can't justify or overlook is the Hayden thing, otherwise I don't really have a problem with Nik.

Elizabeth OTOH, can step in front of a bus, because she's keeping a man from his loved ones for nothing other than what she gets in bed.

THAT is pathetic.

• Love 5
Elizabeth OTOH, can step in front of a bus, because she's keeping a man from his loved ones for nothing other than what she gets in bed.

THAT is pathetic.

I had to laugh at Jake's "Hmm, am I having déjà-vu here?" when he was in the Q entry hall. Dude, TRY to have a little curiosity about all these weird feelings you're having. That's why I can't get too mad at Liz. It's beyond stupid that she thinks getting him away from ELQ will keep his memories from coming back, but given that Jake can't be arsed to do anything about it, she hasn't gone completely awful.

I'd be fine with Nik as a corporate raider if his reasoning went beyond "I'm bummed right now that I don't have a sex toy." I wish he were trying to take over Sonny's coffee business instead of ELQ, though.

• Love 8
(edited)

Shut up, DenAva. Your desecrating the Q crypt/AJ's grave with Sonny was bad enough, but your throwing shade at Edward's picture because Michael at least has sense enough not to have L'il AJ-the result of said Crypt!sex- at your beck and call was deep-fried fuckery. Speaking of which, that's the kindest way to describe what you & Morgan did on Michael's couch.  You should be thankful that L'il AJ is in a good home with people who love her, want her and, unlike you and the baby daddy, who aren't career criminals.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 15

Dear Lulu, Waldo called, he wants his shirt back. 

Are Lulu and Kiki competing for the most hideous clothes?  That shirt Kiki had on the other day looked like she sat on a bench with wet paint.  Lulu wears tops that are two sizes too big. 

I'm so over Duh-nise.  She needs to shut up.  After that tirade in Michael's office, he should have been calling security.  Boiled bunny time.  Anyone can see she's unhinged.

• Love 6

Are Lulu and Kiki competing for the most hideous clothes?  That shirt Kiki had on the other day looked like she sat on a bench with wet paint.  Lulu wears tops that are two sizes too big. 

I think the problem with Lulu's clothes is that Emme is so small and they have never really whole-sale replaced Lulu's wardrobe, so she keeps getting stuff that's too big for her.

• Love 1

She [sam] also needs a couple bucks for her wardrobe. What the heck is she wearing half the time and why? Can't figure out.

Alright Maxie, Miss Personal Shopper, start doing your job. I guess not at Wyndham's though.

• Love 1

Is there a single conversation in PC that Sobby is not part of?

I am waiting for a scene in Jordan's office with Scotty talking about a warrant or something, and they turn to the corner ask Sabrina if it is okay.

I like Maura the actress, I don't like Ava. I think the dark wig and new makeup do make Maura look 40 instead of 50. Even so, Morgan looks like he is 17. Not a fan of this hook up.

Pete Martell used to equate Ava's super-tic'y performances with Jim Carrey's "Fire Marshall Bill" from In Living Color. I thought that was a bridge too far back then, but I'm nearing that point with the Denise saga. Deliver me now, serpent god!

• Love 5

Oh my god, this is the lamest. secret. ever. Except for Rosalie's The Secret.

Emme Rylan said in the mag this week you need drama to keep things interesting. Yes ER. Drama. Not 5th grade bullshit where Valerie sees Lulu and Dillon hugging and thinks they're having the seks tee hee hee.

And this:

Luke: Dillon is devoted to Lulu. He won't let anything happen to Lulu's brother.

me: :headdesk: 

Yeah. Dimestore Dillon is devoted to Lulu. Not her actual fucking husband!

I swear, this is the only day I'm gonna let myself get so annoyed at normal soapy shenanigans. 

Did Paevey forget what little acting he learned in his two weeks off the screen? Him telling Maxie they should go upstairs and find out what it's like to have sex in the afternoon or whatever the "seductive banter" was awkward in the extreme, and then him joking that he and Dante braided each other's hair should have come off cute and it was just stilted. I did like Maxie's Nathan imitation though.

Dillon and Lulu having the same conversation over and over is so boring. 

Sam/Jake were kinda cute.

Rosalie should pop up in the middle of one of their scenes. "You think you have to keep YOUR secret? My secret is the worst!! I mean, uh, I don't have a secret! Do you need me to tell Dante you guys were having sex? I can't function without being used for a random plot point!"

• Love 7

That's why I can't get too mad at Liz.

For me, it's about fairness. I'm gonna call someone out if I think they are wrong in what they are doing. She IS wrong. She's "involved" with someone, and knows who he really is, and is keeping it from him because she knows if he knows the truth, he'll leave her in the dust.

He has a wife and kid she's keeping him from. There's no excuse other than blatant selfishness, for that.

I mean, as a comparison, if Luke's story ended with him and Laura remarrying, then he dies as his exit, then comes back with amnesia and a different face. If Tracy did what Liz is doing, she'd be called all manner of names. Most of them accurate and deserved.

Much like Liz deserves most of what she's going to get when the truth comes out.

• Love 13
Much like Liz deserves most of what she's going to get when the truth comes out.

As will Nik.

I like that it was Rosalie who walked in on Morgan and Denise. LOL that no one noticed her lipstick was all over Morgan's face. And I really want to see Denise surreptitiously adjust her wig every now and then.

More with the condescension and patting Sam from Jake. Ugh.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why couldn't they have taken another 10 seconds to actually SHOW Tracy Nd SM's reaction to the news that NikolA is behind the takeover attempt? I was really glad though that Dillon turned him down. I had a feeling he would from the preview but it was nice to get confirmation.

I don't care if Tony choked on Luke's words to Laura today. I still enjoyed hearing them. And I loved the look on her face when he told her why Dante would turn on him in a heartbeat. But really, did Lulu not tell her anything beyond 'daddy had a sadz but is all better now?

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 5

I don't care if Tony choked on Luke's words to Laura today. I still enjoyed hearing them. And I loved the look on her face when he told her why Dante would turn on him in a heartbeat. 

What did he say? What did he say? I SAID, whatdidhesaywhatdidhesaywhatdidhesay????

• Love 3
(edited)

He said he loved their life together and he loved their family.

Thanks dubbel. Sorry to be so obnoxious in asking, but I've yet to see this week's episodes.

He also said he never felt he deserved her.

He got that right. I'm surprised the writer(s) had the sense to put that in.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7

The scenes of Luke and Laura and the Triple L Diner were really nice. I wasn't watching during their time on the run but even if it was just a brief nod to history, it was good one. And lulu took possession of the town brain today when she realized that Nikolzs was behind the takeover.

• Love 8

Why couldn't they have taken another 10 seconds to actually SHOW Tracy Nd SM's reaction to the news that NikolA is behind the takeover attempt?

But that would have taken precious time away from Jake condescending to Sam! And Valerie finding out that Lulu and Dillon have a sekrit! And Nathan being stiff as a board!

I know Michael is doing a "sting" on Rosalie, but I hope it does end in her being arrested (& charged) with corporate espionage.

• Love 4

I actually didn't mind the Jake/Sam scenes because he's right. If she was in the office, Rosalie would most certainly think something was up. Jake works at ELQ so there was no reason for Rosalie to suspect anything was amiss.

But yeah, the Lulu/Dillon have a sekrit and Val is convinced they're screwing, was a bit much. I really liked Val when she first joined the show but not so much anymore.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm still bugged more by what Luke said than anything Valerie has done. Could Dillon have been here longer than 2 weeks before Luke starts spouting about how devoted he is to Lulu? Maybe we could have SEEN some of this so-called devotion. I mean . . . am I supposed to buy that Dillon's so-called devotion is in anyway comparable to Dante's? Shut up, Luke.

As for Valerie, I do not understand why Ron chose this angle instead of having scenes of Valerie hanging out with both Dante AND Lulu, the three of them hanging out, getting along, Lulu not even suspecting there could be anything between them, Dante and Valerie not even realizing it. Instead day 2 Lulu was like "they're spending too much time together!!11111" 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

As will Nik.

I like that it was Rosalie who walked in on Morgan and Denise. LOL that no one noticed her lipstick was all over Morgan's face. And I really want to see Denise surreptitiously adjust her wig every now and then.

More with the condescension and patting Sam from Jake. Ugh.

Oh, I think Nik should pay, but the fallout won't be the same, because the actions are not the same.

I don't even care that Liz is being bad-it almost-almost, I said-makes her interesting. 

It's going to be a juicy, wonderful moment when she gets her just rewards.

The idea that some mysterious kidnapper wants Luke and Laura not only to pretend to be together, but also to revisit places with significance to their relationship, is of course ludicrous. But dammit if I won't be watching.

I'm so easy. This effing show.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm tired of Valerie constantly playing the martyr by offering to quit her job or move out of Lante's apartment or leave PC. I'm sure she has good intentions (for now) but it's still annoying and I wish she would STFU.

If I were secretly scheming with a worthless dayplayer to takeover a company I wouldn't let that person come to my home and I would make sure no one ever saw us in the same room together. I would also make sure my accomplice isn't a stupid donkey who isn't even smart enough to use a burner phone.

All of the Maxie and talking tree scenes were pointless. No surprise there.

Someone should punch Ava and Morgan in the throat.

Sam should break Jakeson's hand the next time he tries to pat her like she's a dog.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
(edited)

The idea that some mysterious kidnapper wants Luke and Laura not only to pretend to be together, but also to revisit places with significance to their relationship, is of course ludicrous. But dammit if I won't be watching.

I'm so easy. This effing show.

When Lucky was kidnapped the last time (and returned in the body of Shouty McYellerson), L&L went to Canada, they went back to Cassadine Island (where Felicia skulked in the bushes), they told old adventure stories.  I feel like I'm experiencing deja vu all over again (thank you Yogi Bera for that phrase). The biggest difference between then and now, then it was written so much better (I hate I'm giving Guza any credit).

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 3

I know Michael is doing a "sting" on Rosalie, but I hope it does end in her being arrested (& charged) with corporate espionage.

Whatever her dumb secret is? Cannot be worse than the dumb criminal things she's allowed herself to be blackmailed into doing

• Love 7

So the kidnapper is an LL Shipper.

Maxie has clients?? I think Dante would disagree. Maxie does a better Nathan than Nathan, though.

The way JE said "Jake" complete with quotations was fun.

• Love 5

Today's show didn't outright suck!!! As someone said in some thread earlier this week, its amazing that after all this time Luke really lights up around Laura. And to me Tony & Genie ad playing their scenes as 'Luke & Laura still love each other, but they aren't in-love with each other' and I think its the perfect tone. Laura's line last week about Luke lying to himself about having their life and then his lines today have brought back so many memories and feelings from the 90's for me. I am really excited to see them with Lucky.

Who besides Nina (and Helena) knows the sekrit? It doesn't seem like she'll be talking, either spilling or blackmailing.

Magdalene know too. I'm pretty sure Mags told Hells. Last fall the show was hinting at some connection between those two but then totally dropped it. I thought maybe it would turn out that Helena was the third, oldest Westbourne sister.

What sad is that at one point I actually cared about Ro's secret, and Nathan's too, but so much time has passed that I now no longer care at all.

(edited)

I forgot about the Mystery of Nathan's Dad.

I almost suspect Ron & Uncle Frank have too. The last mention of whoever it was was last fall when Magdalena threatened Leisl about it in the middle of the police station. And Nathan doesn't even care that Victor is his father which is what he and at least Sam and Nik seem to believe. Him being as a Cassadine hasn't meant anything.

Actually, I think Hells knows too and she seemed to want everyone to believe Nathan is a Cassadine. Ha, watch it turn out he's a Q and somehow the rightful owner of 100% of ELQ for reasons/because of course. Something like, he's Jimmy Lee's son and Edward left 100% to any child of Jimmy Lee's, otherwise the distribution Diane read instead. They could always say Heather alerted the will when she snuck into the Q den that one time.

ETA: Nathan being a Q would actually tie back to the dropped thread of Monica knowing Dr. O somehow in the past.

Edited by Tiger

I forgot about the Mystery of Nathan's Dad.

It's Sonny..He is everyone else's dad, so why not?

Did they have to cut the scene where Nikolas is outed?  Really?  We get pointless shit between Naxie, but we can't spare a scene where Sam hears her cousin is the traitor?  And speaking of cousins, I HATE it when people call each other "sister" or "cousin"...it's awkward dialogue, and I am pretty sure not too many people go around saying Hello cousin. 

• Love 5

Michael was dumb. Why would he EVER think Sam would work against him? Just because she bugged Rosalie's phone without him knowing it doesn't mean she's working against him; it means the fewer people who know what's going on the more likely she'll find something out. 

When did Michael ever suspect Sam?  In fact, he argued the point with Jake a number of different ways.  The reason Michael confronted Sam, and it was a logical reason, was because Sam bugged his office.  So the logical question is "Why did you bug my office and not tell me?"  I could see why he wanted answers, and he asked the question, she answered it, and it was over.  

Michael is an idiot not to at least wonder why Denise is so aggressive about seeing Avery. Good lord.

I'll give you that one.  Then again, EVERYONE is being written like an idiot regarding Duh-neese.  

I thought this was really condescending too. It was not cute/funny.

No it wasn't.  He patted her head like a child, and yes it was condescending.

I think it was more about it being banter/love-hate than him patronizing.

No, I wonder if it was his Billy Abbot shining through.  Now that Jake is in a corporate setting, I think BM is more comfortable.  Is this how Billy Abbott would act?

• Love 2

I don't care, I freaking love how Sam and Jase interact. They both give shit and can equally take it. It cleanses my brain after watching Patrick kiss Sam's ass like she's fucking Queen of Port Charles.

I liked Luke and Laura today. Something is wrong with me.

• Love 4

Good lord, BC was awkward today. Couldn't even find the door to close it. It was kind of funny but really sad at the same time.

Maxie is so damn annoying. Just shut up, you incessant nonstop pest. She's exactly like a housefly that keeps buzzing and buzzing around you and you can't get rid of it. She needs to be squashed.

Jake has become annoying as hell too. Pretty much the only one I could stand in that room was Tracy. And I never say that about Tracy, so you know it's bad.

Lulu/Dillon were BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. If I had insomnia, I'd watch them.

Luke/Laura didn't do anything for me since I wasn't around back in their day, but they were okay. Lame cliffhanger though.

• Love 5

I was pretty surprised at how quickly Lulu sold out Nikolas. I know he's in the wrong, but you'd think she'd at least ask him about it before telling Dillon, who's only been back in town for a minute, about her suspicions. However, I am finding Lulu and Dillon a more convincing couple than Dante and Valerie. If I didn't know (unspoiled, but 99% sure) that Dante and Valerie were going to end up together, I'd find it pretty funny the way Valerie keeps making tortured faces and talking to Dante about how they shouldn't be around each other, as if there's this massive sexual chemistry that can't be denied, while Dante is basically, "naaah, it's cool, you're like a brother to me!"

• Love 5

I don't think Lulu meant to sell out Nikolas - it just came out impulsively.

Dillon SUCKS. It's another case of Ron bringing back a character from the past and then writing them nothing like they were.

I mean, I think there's a bit of an effort to write him like he was to a certain extent - the actor is just so generic. imo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the actor is trying his best, actually. He's not even bad, really, not this week at least, and he's very handsome. It's just that these writers clearly have no ideas on or interest in writing for anything but Dillon's most bland, stock role in the quad configuration RC has stuck by for years - newbies or people from the past coming in to fuck with a couple because they're marking time story-wise. Look, it's a pretty white guy with a broad shoulder for Lulu to cry on! That's never who Dillon was, but that's all they see and all they want to write for. And Dillon was never this broad-shouldered or handsome. In some ways, especially early on, he was as idiosyncratic as Spinelli.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9