Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

FAN of Sabrina regardless of what Ron does. She really does feel like a pet project that he won't let go of out of spite.
So, what was the percentage of ELQ stock Tracy owned?

As long as the story doesn't involve guns or a woman with baby rabies/mental illness, I am 'A.O.K' rolling with this plot which is about as realistic as a someone who is plucked from playing a princess in a Disney theme park and dropped into the silver anniversary as a major character in one of the few remaining soap operas.  Sabrina is rumored not to be Ron's pet but the pet of a network exec.  Even MB in an interview wanted no part of her character as a long lost child.  At least Sabrina is more watchable (well - at least not currently as annoying)  than the actress playing a character that Ron's ego won't let go - Kiki.  Between the actresses playing Kiki, Sabrina and Rosalie, and the location where PC is filmed, I guess there aren't many young female actresses that are great at their craft (and/or easy on the eyes after GH's crack make-up/hair/wardrobe staff - which is improving a little bit of late - finished with them).

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm just never going to be a FAN of Sabrina regardless of what Ron does. She really does feel like a pet project that he won't let go of out of spite.s.

Yeah, she's just the Disney Princess version of Sloane. Michael has all these people who have known him his entire life including Carly - who unequivocally took Sonny's side but only Magical!Glitter!Princess Sabrina believed that Michael wasn't drunk / can take care of AJ / suspects Rosalie is eeeevul

No thanks.

This show has seriously been lacking in the romance department for 3 years straight now.

That's because they keep forcing chemistry free 'relationships" down our throats. 

I apologize for my crudeness, but is Morgan so dumb that he doesn't realize that Denise fucks him like Ava did? That she knows what he likes and how he likes it? 

Lucky is in Ireland? Are we in for a round of bad accents? A few things moved around on the dock/pier so it looks like the characters are in Ireland? 

• Love 2

I

I really want Rosalie to be busted for her spy-tasticness, while letting the Nik stuff play out a little longer. Or maybe I just wish some of this corporate espionage stuff was being played a little more smoothly. I like a business story, and I think this one has potential. However, it turns out I think the Rosalie character is a terrible one, and her role in this is way too obvious and plot point-y and boring. I'd prefer she was a random day player mail room employee or something who was eavesdropping and reporting back.

I just can't stand the actress or the character for that matter. She has that guilty look on her face at all times with her eyes darting all over. "Oh no Mr Cassadine, I think they're on to us!"   UGH !!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Liz is having based on a huge lie sex.

Sam and Patrick have sex whilst talking about Jake and/or Jason.

Morgan and Kiki have se.....ugh I can't finish that sentence.

Who says romance is dead?

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 4
(edited)
Michael even entertaining the idea that Sam might be plotting against him is so so dumb. I hope he feels like an ass for doubting her

He better get treated like an ass as well, because the very idea that he could excuse even thinking that Sam would ever want to take him down in such a way, his aunt and stand in mom for a chunk of time there when he was the evil red headed stepchild that she had to help Jason take care of and recuse more times than one could count, he needs to be chewed out, spit back out and then re-chewed again by a long list of people.

And Jake can take a stadium's worth of seats that he would dare assume, after three seconds, that Sam hanging around a desk acting a little coy must mean that she is a mole, because she has "ties to the Cassadine family".

Funny, you know who else has pretty close ties to the Cassadine family, Jake? You do, you little asshole. As if everyone should be so convinced of the truthfulness and honour of a man who doesn't even know his real name and what they do know of him has involved taking a hostage at gun point, setting a bomb that nearly wiped out an entire boatload of people, not to mention having a rather pesky habit of taking orders from Cruella de Vil's first cousin, Helena.

There was so much what manner of fuckery is all this happening yesterday it blew me away. The terminology "head up one's own ass" has never seemed more fitting to me, and I don't just mean with Ron and his slaggard crew but now nearly all the characters have the condition as well.

And apparently Ava is now so desperately craving Morgan's "man handle" she is willing, yet again, to step all over her daughter's heart (not that I am against such an event happening at all, in fact I wish it would happen at all times) but the fact still stands that it is a really shitty thing to do to one's offspring, plus risk being outed for who she really is as she will be putting herself in the crossfires of one Carly "I'll have your wig on a stick" Benson Corinthos who will surely be doing all she can to get rid of her/expose her for a fraud.

The stupid it just...it burns so much. So, so much.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 8

And Jake can take a stadium's worth of seats...

Funny, you know who else has pretty close ties to the Cassadine family, Jake? You do, you little asshole. As if everyone should be so convinced of the truthfulness and honour of a man who doesn't even know his real name and what they do know of him has involved taking a hostage at gun point, setting a bomb that nearly wiped out an entire boatload of people, not to mention having a rather pesky habit of taking orders from Cruella de Vil's first cousin, Helena.

I enjoyed the whole post but that bolded part just cracked me up

• Love 1
(edited)

And Jake can take a stadium's worth of seats that he would dare assume, after three seconds, that Sam hanging around a desk acting a little coy must mean that she is a mole, because she has "ties to the Cassadine family".

Not that Michael has any reason to suspect Sam, but in Jake's defense, he found a bug in the phone that Sam was hanging around acting fishy.  It's not like he decided Sam was the mole simply because she was standing at Rosalie's desk and she has ties to the Cassadines.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 2
(edited)

I enjoyed the whole post but that bolded part just cracked me up

I had a few more choice words in mind but...heh, it's too early to get so worked up.

Jake looks good in a suit. Ergo, he gets a pass. Billy Miller was born to wear suits. Meeeeoowww.

And apparently the suit came with Brylcreem for his hair.  Suit or no suit he's still behaving like an idiot, imo.

And of course Michael, the second dumbest kid under 25 in town, right behind Morgan who has held the title since 2013' (give or take). would actually put more stock in Jake's so called "investigating" into Sam's behaviour than trusting what he should already know, without a doubt, what she is and isn't capable of doing to those she cares about...it's lunacy.

Not that Michael has any reason to suspect Sam, but in Jake's defense, he found a bug in the phone that Sam was hanging around acting fishy.  It's not like he decided Sam was the mole simply because she was standing at Rosalie's desk and she has ties to the Cassadines

My issue is that Jake doesn't even seem capable of wondering if Sam actually planted the bug or maybe, just maybe, it was someone else considering the takeover has been ongoing for months and everyone and their monkey's uncle has had access to the phones.

That he is just so very convinced of Sam's guilt is ridiculous on a number of levels, imo, one main reason being that Jake just got the job, he knows nothing of anyone's true motive in that company yet, or who they might actually be working for. Why isn't he asking why would Sam suddenly have a need to plant a bug now when apparently ELQ shares have been readily flying out the window without hardly any trouble at all?

For a supposed new head of security he did a shit job because he hasn't even done any real digging or investigating into other possible suspects. say the very secretary whose phone was bugged perhaps, but yet he is so sure of Sam's guilt he went straightway to Michael, the little twit who didn't even take up for her immediately and shoot down Jake's "theory" as total bull crap and told him to figure out who the real mole is because it must be someone with something major to gain from a takeover, and Sam doesn't.

Hell, all she really needs to do is give Nik her shares and he'd be set anyway, or at least far closer to his goal, but instead she plants a bug in the secretary's phone on a whim? It's just nonsense to me.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4
So the only person in town that suspects Denise is really Ava is Sonny. Okay then.

Carly probably suspects, too, though I don't think she's come out and said so.

Or maybe I just wish some of this corporate espionage stuff was being played a little more smoothly.

It's so stupidly written. Jake is jumping to conclusions with little evidence, Rosalie is making phone calls to Nik in the office, and Michael won't believe anything.

Not that Michael has any reason to suspect Sam, but in Jake's defense, he found a bug in the phone that Sam was hanging around acting fishy.

The bug was in Rosalie's phone. If Sam wanted to know what Michael was doing, wouldn't she have bugged his phone? I know Jake was going to check out that handset, but come on. 

• Love 3
(edited)
It's so stupidly written. Jake is jumping to conclusions with little evidence, Rosalie is making phone calls to Nik in the office, and Michael won't believe anything

Rosalie is just so "crafty" don't ya know it.

And who has time to keep up with the calls made on one's employee's company phone, that's Jake's job but he's a little busy trying to smoke out Sam, the mole, so it may take a bit.

Besides, even if Rosie dear is calling a Cassadine that doesn't necessarily prove anything except complicity but it's highly doubtful Michael could spell that, or know what it means, so she's good.

I haven't watched in a while but are the writers giving any reasons for the Qs just giving their stocks away?

"I wrote it, that's reason enough" - Ron as he blocks you on Twitter.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

I haven't watched in a while but are the writers giving any reasons for the Qs just giving their stocks away?  I mean they are just selling them without chatting with the CEO or Tracy or Monica or whatever other Qs are out there?  They are all islands unto themselves just giving out Edward's legacy like lollipops for - reasons?

I haven't watched in a while but are the writers giving any reasons for the Qs just giving their stocks away?  I mean they are just selling them without chatting with the CEO or Tracy or Monica or whatever other Qs are out there?  They are all islands unto themselves just giving out Edward's legacy like lollipops for - reasons?

Pretty much. Though Brook Lynn gave up her shares so Sloane would keep quiet about Olivia and Julian's baby being alive and well in Bensonhurst.

• Love 2

Pretty much. Though Brook Lynn gave up her shares so Sloane would keep quiet about Olivia and Julian's baby being alive and well in Bensonhurst.

Oh for f's sake.  Olivia's baby lie is more important than their family's legacy?  I can't deal with the stupid.

Now if they want to tell me that say Skye gave up her shares because AJ is being held hostage - I'll watch that but this shit with people giving their shares of their grandfather's company away for a woman Ned knew for like 5 minutes - just no.

• Love 14

Skye was conned into giving hers and Lila Rae's shares to Fluke, but we have no idea what kind of story he spun for her.

I'll say it again - the handling of the off-screen Quartermaines in this ELQ story has been horrendous.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm surprised Ron was able to resist saying Lucky was living in Nashville.

If they reveal he's being held by a football coach's wife and an indestructable cheerleader, then, I'm Bargebound.

TJ set the bar way low with his "WAAAHHHHH! I hateyouhateyouhateyouhateyouhateyou Mom for being a cop and betwaying my fwiends in the mob and sending my father figure to prison!!!", but damn, did Dillion crawl with room to spare with his "I don't CARE your son/brother is being held hostage under a death threat, YOU BROKE MY MOMMY'S HEART and I'M TELLING EVERYONE!!!" What a PRICK!

My God, I think Ron just blocked me through osmosis.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 14

What happened to Danny's shares?  According to Nik's Dastardly Sheet of Evil, the only people with remaining shares are Michael, Monica, Dillon and Maya.

(edited)

Sam gave her shares to AJ and Tracy 2 years ago.....she split them between the 2 because they were both trying to con her their way so she just said fuck it and divided them up.

Eta: or did she just give them proxy rights? God my memory is awful.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1
(edited)

So the whole point of the TJ subplot was that cops and lawyers like Jordan, Dante, and Scotty are bad while mobsters like Sonny who sic goons to intimidate people are heroes with hearts of gold?

UGGGHHH!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

So the whole point of the TJ subplot was that cops and lawyers like Jordan, Dante, and Scotty are bad while mobsters like Sonny who sic goons to intimidate people are heroes with hearts of gold?

UGGGHHH!

WEll of course its been tht way for like 15 years why change now.I really long for the days the heros was Robert 

• Love 4

UGGGHHH!

Or incompetent.

Jordan and Dante will probably thank Sonny later. blerg.

• Love 1

UGGGHHH!

Let me guess. That midgety moobster threatened the mall security guard into dropping the charges against TJ?

• Love 3

Valerie is SO BLAND and boring and zzzzzzzzz. The actress is mediocre as hell. Dom deserves so much better. Sigh.

Yay! Patty's back tomorrow doing what he does best! In a bed asking Sam what she's up to!

• Love 3

Looks like all the writers can do on this soap is follow the news media by having Dante being labeled a "racist cop". Whats next, send Alyce down to Pentonville to sleep with two prisoners and help them escape?? The writing and stories on this show is going to hell in a hand basket.!!!

• Love 3

UGGGHHH!

Recorded since I've not yet cared enough to delete it from the queue. Thanks for the heads-up; it will be erased the moment I turn on the TV. They can continue to push the topsy-turvy nonsense on this show, but we don't have to buy.

Sick to death of the constant Sonny and clowns as the good guys crap being rammed down our throats. We have eyes. And ears. And functioning brains. We know better.

• Love 2

About Sabrina, the comments about her remind me of all the rabid Sam hate for the first several years. I felt then, still feel, she was just shoehorned in to whatever plot and we were just supposed to accept it. I think her being Alexis's kid was the last eye rolling straw for me. I've never liked her-I personally find the character completely devoid of any semblance of any kind of personality other than annoying. But Kelly is such a low energy actress that I also cannot hate the character. I just tolerate her if she's in scenes with someone I watch, and otherwise, hit skip.  Anyway, I think that's how Sabrina is now. I think she's forgettable, as well, and doesn't really have a purpose. But she's so bland she's inoffensive, and again, I find it hard to hate when there's not enough personality to take issue with.

• Love 7

UGGGHHH!

Really, isn't that the point of the bulk of the plots on this show? 

• Love 5
(edited)

Serious question: is this 'TJ gets profiled/is Dante a racist?' story really pissing anyone else off?

Before today, it was pissing me off in the way this shows usually daft handling of stories period does. But today when it became clear that the whole point of the story is to make Sonny look good, I went some soap-pissed to real-pissed.

Beyond the story pissing me off, I don't even understand why this story and why now. Black guys being profiled has been front page news for a while, Sonny has already been rehabbedd, and there are already other plot devices pushing Val & Dante together.

I haven't hated the show this much since the summer of 2005 when they killed AJ, destroyed CarLo and started Soily all in the same month.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 12

UGGGHHH!

The whole point of the TJ plot was to get Dante and Valerie to bond over racism and then eventually screw.

LMAO Silas told Ava to get lost. I love it.

I would have preferred for Jordan to threaten that mall cop herself.

STFU Ava. Why the hell do you think you can just sashay your ass into the Quartermaine mansion whenever you want and hold Avery? You're a stranger to them, you stupid idiot.

• Love 4

So Sonny oh-so-benevolently using his thug status to get TJ off the hook is this year's version of him using his thug status to oh-so-benevolently get Alice a new heart.  Excuse me for a moment while I go and projectile vomit.

• Love 5

Ron got mad that someone said he doesn't write for the non white characters, persons of color. He reminded them of Sabrina and Rosalie. Okay, they said, but the black people. He said Shawn and Jordan and Felix. And Brad is an Asian. So ha! Then Sean Blakemore quit, so this story happened.

Be thankful Ron hasn't tackled Rachel Dolezal yet. I'd rather see 50 Shades of Baby Cray than Ron try that. At least Tequan Richmond is getting Emmy material. He can grab the trophy, quit the next day, and get on with his career.

*If Umily can win an Emmy, a promising young actor who already starred on a hit series can. (Chris Rock, help!)

Ron got mad that someone said he doesn't write for the non white characters, persons of color. He reminded them of Sabrina and Rosalie. Okay, they said, but the black people. He said Shawn and Jordan and Felix. And Brad is an Asian. So ha! Then Sean Blakemore quit, so this story happened.

Sabrina has only recently started being written as something other than a one dimensional Disney freak, Rosalie is a worthless throwaway character, Shawn got a decent amount of airtime but he ended up being nothing more than a disposable goon, Felix and Brad are practically stock gay characters who get no screen time, and TJ doesn't get much to do. Fail.

• Love 8

Sabrina has only recently started being written as something other than a one dimensional Disney freak, Rosalie is a worthless throwaway character, Shawn got a decent amount of airtime but he ended up being nothing more than a disposable goon, Felix and Brad are practically stock gay characters who get no screen time, and TJ doesn't get much to do. Fail.

But.... Ron is not a racist! And he's smart.... and um...... aliens. Maybe Ron figured out he can't twitter block real life people so he wrote this? It reeks of trying too hard. Or maybe he really wants Best Show Emmy.

• Love 1
So Sonny now owns a few casinos in Atlantic City

AC is in terrible shape. Nice decision, Sonny. Hee.

"So much for having dinner with my parents." I thought Morgan and Lauren were having lunch with Carly and Sonny. 

LOL at Molly's concern for TJ having to spend the night in the PCPD jail. Since when is that a hardship? Prisoners get a cell to themselves, visitors come and go. 

I get that Scott never gets to successfully put criminals away, but to go after TJ just makes Scott look petty.

there are already other plot devices pushing Val & Dante together.

It's really gross that Ron is using TJ's arrest as a plot point for Valerie to reassure Dante that he's not a racist cop and they get close. Is Dante wondering if he's a racist because he knows TJ? Did he really not ever think about this?  And the Dillon/Lulu story is absurd. Why wouldn't Lulu tell Dante about Lucky? He told her about Olivia's baby; that's as big a secret than Lucky being in trouble. Lulu's an idiot.

How many people are keeping an eye on everyone in PC that the kidnappers will know if the secret is blown?

For someone who was so anxious to die—and who still holds her recovery against Silas—I have a hard time taking Ava seriously when she huffs that she's staying in town for her daughters. I'm glad he read her the riot act. And LOL that Sabrina shut down her visit with Avery.

• Love 5

But.... Ron is not a racist! And he's smart.... and um...... aliens. Maybe Ron figured out he can't twitter block real life people so he wrote this? It reeks of trying too hard. Or maybe he really wants Best Show Emmy.

Considering that he's undoubtedly going to write the story with all the hard-hitting poignancy of an ABC Afterschool Special if we're lucky, I wish him luck with that.

• Love 7

Ava giving no fucks about stealing Morgan from her daughter was just gross. 

In all fairness, Kiki of late hasn't seemed to give any fucks about hooking up with her mother's ex-lover.  Nor did she give any when she move on to Michael from Morgan.  I guess the Jeromes are a give-no-fucks kind of family.

• Love 7

Considering that he's undoubtedly going to write the story with all the hard-hitting poignancy of an ABC Afterschool Special if we're lucky, I wish him luck with that.

Afterschool specials were brilliant jcompared to whatever Ron can write.

• Love 8

Well, Luke and Laura told her she couldn't tell Dante, so I don't blame her. What's absurd is they made that request but let Dillon in on the secret.

• Love 6

"So much for having dinner with my parents." I thought Morgan and Lauren were having lunch with Carly and Sonny.

Yup. I caught that as well. Kiki had told Denise that she had 'lunch' plans with Morgan and his parents. I don't know if that was a writing/continuity error or an actor error.

My biggest laugh of the day came from Ava staring daggers at Sabrina when she was denied access to AJ, way to play it cool there, Denise. 

How else are Lulu and Dillon going to be drawn together so that Dante and Valerie can flirt?

Lulu comes over to visit Tracy and Dillon is there?

Too simple?

• Love 1