Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Wait, what? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) Ric does realize Michael killed Claudia because Carly was in labor with Joss, right? So protecting one little sister makes him unfit to raise another one?

In a way, I can understand why Ric is using that tactic. They've really got nothing else. Basically Ric's only argument is that Sonny is the biological father and his rights supersede everyone else's, except the biological mother. But with everything Michael revealed in court, I would think that argument is less strong (at least in the real world.) So the only other tactic is to try to make Michael look unfit and really the only thing they've got is that Michael is a convicted murderer. They can't even claim that Michael is too young and immature to raise a kid, considering he's running a multi-million dollar business.

But the whole Michael's a convicted felon thing should backfire (again realistically, not sure what the show's going to do with it) for one because Michael's stated reasoning to the courts has nothing to do with Sonny being a convicted murderer. It would be one thing if Michael was trying to use that against Sonny, then sure bring up that Michael is also a convicted felon. But, again, that's not Michael's reasoning to the court. He's bringing up all the times Sonny's kids have been damaged by his business and/or personal decisions. Plus, like you pointed out Michael killed to protect one little sister, so that sort of strengthens Michael's case that he's a devoted sibling. Not to mention the only reason Michael had to protect his mom and his little sister was because another one of Sonny's enemies was going after them. And I completely forgot about the recent guy he had to kill - again because of Sonny and his many enemies. So hopefully that tactic blows up straight in Sonny's face.

I know the lawyer's histories have no bearing on the case, but I had to laugh when Ric objected to Michael bringing up the bipolar issue and saying Sonny's mental condition should have no bearing on whether he gets custody. Ric sure as hell had no issue with using Alexis's freaking cancer to get custody of Molly.

Carly was only on in the background mostly and still she annoyed me. I think she actually shook her head when Michael brought up that she and Sonny strong-armed custody from AJ. Yes, what gall for Michael to bring up the facts.

And even though at times Sonny looked appropriately ashamed from the things Michael brought up, I still wanted to slap him so hard when he blurted out that Avery would be deprived of his love. Yes what's a father's love compared to the threat of your kids' head being potentially blown off by just being in your presence. I also wanted to smack the smug bastard when he brought up firing Alexis. Yeah smart move antagonizing the lawyer you're going up against.

I think the audience was supposed to think Michael went to far by bringing up Sonny's bipolar, but I thought it was awesome, especially Sonny has deliberately stopped taking his meds even though he knows it's important.

I have no idea what was the point of the Olivia/Franco scenes. It's ridiculous they couldn't even manage to come up with a probable reason on-screen. So what's Franco going to do with the info - blackmail Olivia (for what?!). Give Julian the information because Franco is so concerned about fathers being kept from their kids. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 7

It is so frustrating to continue to watch what the writers are doing with Liz. Why can't she ever just be with one person and be happy for X amount of time? This is outrageously ridiculous. She ain't some newbie. She's been on this show longer than most and it's been awhilllle since Lucky. Let the character get a fucking real love interest. I'm done.

• Love 9

Morgan is such a douchenozzle. He's seriously getting up in Julian's face about not being behind bars while the Mini Moobster is roaming around free and is such an amazing dad that everyone should just hand their children over to be raised by him.

My first though on nuKiki was "did they SORAS Kiki to be 40?"

• Love 6

Wait, so Silas tossed critically injured Ava all the way from FakeBuffalo to Manhattan? Okay Dokey.

Morgan is sooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooooooooring now. DO SOMETHING Morgan. You are not charming enough to just get by on your own personality.

So stupid that Dante, Morgan, and a tempKristina are not at this hearing. What, did they spend all their money on that Spencer sign? 

Why is Ric clapping? Isn't he supposed to be a professional here?

oh come on, why would Olivia tell even a crazy version of Franco about the paternity of her kid? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I have no idea what was the point of the Olivia/Franco scenes. It's ridiculous they couldn't even manage to come up with a probable reason on-screen. So what's Franco going to do with the info - blackmail Olivia (for what?!). Give Julian the information because Franco is so concerned about fathers being kept from their kids. 

I don't know, but I suppose it's too much to hope that it somehow ends up with Dante and/or Ned killing him. :dreams:

Morgan was ruined the second he became Sonny's mouthpiece.

Eh, Morgan is Sonny's son - born and bred, even if he was co-raised by Jax, but Sonny still got to see him a lot - I wouldn't expect him to just blindly hate him. It's the utter lack of any compassion towards Michael, or anything else going on in his life, that is killing him for me. I wanted him so badly to just grab Kiki and start making out with her on the table just to get a rise out of Julian. But no. He just sits there.

I hope that someone will bring up the fact that Sonny shot Robin when he went off his meds.

Michael doesn't know about that, so I doubt it.

• Love 2

Aside from Michael's testimony and Carly's unintentionally hilarious reactive facial expressions, this episode was extremely boring. Even the normally amazing Ava was boring, now tethered to that saline drip Silas.

As if Ron stealing nicknames/insult names from TWoP wasn't bad enough, it's old snark by now.

I'm not sure how someone in ABC's sales or marketing department(s) convinced Shriner's to get in bed with this clusterfuck of a tv show.

Eh, Morgan is Sonny's son - born and bred, even if he was co-raised by Jax, but Sonny still got to see him a lot - I wouldn't expect him to just blindly hate him. It's the utter lack of any compassion towards Michael, or anything else going on in his life, that is killing him for me. I wanted him so badly to just grab Kiki and start making out with her on the table just to get a rise out of Julian. But no. He just sits there.

I will always expect Morgan to side with Michael over Sonny. Always. That's just how I feel. Morgan ADORED Michael. For years. He also LOVED Jax and was a GOOD kid. Until, of course, Ron shit on all those things like he shit on everything else.

• Love 5

Eh, Morgan is Sonny's son - born and bred, even if he was co-raised by Jax, but Sonny still got to see him a lot - I wouldn't expect him to just blindly hate him. It's the utter lack of any compassion towards Michael, or anything else going on in his life, that is killing him for me.

For me, it's not just the total lack of empathy toward Michael, but that he can't even comprehend that Michael has a point. I don't expect him to hate Sonny, but when even Julian is pointing out that being raised by a mobster isn't actually the most ideal life, I would expect something out of Morgan other than his sleepy version of a glare. I wouldn't expect him to concede the point to Julian, but I would love it for just once Morgan could admit that being shot at as a kid is not fun. But this is the Morgan who basically admitted that he was jealous that Michael got shot and he didn't. Yeah, because most kids want to spend part of their formative years laid out in a hospital. Then again given how lazy Morgan is I guess a year-long coma would be his idea of a dream vacation.

I'm not sure how someone in ABC's sales or marketing department(s) convinced Shriner's to get in bed with this clusterfuck of a tv show.

Why wouldn't they? Until yesterday I'd never even heard of Shriner's. I'm sure they appreciate any way to get the word out about their facility. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 8

Aaah is it okay for Dante that Michael outted his idiotic lying in court

Ava has the strongest manicure ever.

Did anyone else see the Shriners commercial with that little boy that ran toward the beginning of the episode? I think ABC promoting Shriners is great but now I just feel comfortable watching the Spencer scenes. The boy in that commercial is going to have lifelong needs... And Spencer's going to be running around being creepy in a week, maybe two. The juxtaposition isn't sitting well with me.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

I hope Michael yells out at Ric "and you chained my mother to a wall once when she was pregnant, you freak!" Shut the fuck up, Ric.

YES! And I like Ric, but this hearing has the potential to become UCG. 

Ava has the strongest manicure ever.

Did anyone else see the Shriners commercial with that little boy that ran toward the beginning of the episode? I think ABC promoting Shriners is great but now I just feel comfortable watching the Spencer scenes. The boy in that commercial is going to have lifelong needs... And Spencer's going to be running around being creepy in a week, maybe two. The juxtaposition isn't sitting well with me.

I felt the same way. Shriners Hospitals are famous, and those children have real needs. Today seemed more like trying to drum up sympathy for Spencer than anything else, but I am cynical by nature.

• Love 3

but anyone with half a brain can figure it out by reading Dante's testimony. That's why it's pretty much an open secret. And at this point, it's he said v what he said, there's no proof anymore, so it doesn't really matter what Michael says. So even if Dante himself came in and said, "yeah, I lied, he shot me", Ric would easily just be able to turn it around on him and say "how do we know you aren't lying now/maybe you were too drugged up/maybe you don't even remember what happened". So I doubt Dante would care too much.

• Love 2

Dubbel zout: The preview includes Ric saying to Michael (who's on the stand) "You/re a killer, too."

Yeah, Micheal is a killer. He's been slaying my heart since November. If he keeps at it, he might just bring me back to life and kill me again. Oh Micheal Quartermaine. Take me meow. But keep the suit on.

• Love 8

Wait, what? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) Ric does realize Michael killed Claudia because Carly was in labor with Joss, right? So protecting one little sister makes him unfit to raise another one? 

I have to stop expecting anything on this fakakta show to make sense. It can't even be explained by insane troll logic.

I hope Michael points out that the reason Claudia went off the rails and kidnapped pregnant Carly was because Sonny decided to publicly humiliate a woman he knew was a loose cannon. 

I hope Michael yells out at Ric "and you chained my mother to a wall once when she was pregnant, you freak!" Shut the fuck up, Ric.

"And, then, after she was rescued, Sonny shot her in the head while she was giving birth!" 

Sonny needs to shave. Oh and be dropped off a cliff chained to a boulder.

Or at least wash the shoe polish off.  I seriously want to know what's up with that.  Did he (or his wife, or someone at the show) take note of how much people noticed the gray in his beard while Sonny was in prison, and decide that he needed to try to look younger?  It's ridiculous, because most people seemed to think he looked good with the gray, even people who can't stand Sonny.  The shoe polish just makes him look insecure and vain along with a side of desperate.  The gray looked so much better.  

• Love 13

Carly's soft-spoken pleas to Michael drive me up the wall. It's as if she thinks being a shrieking harpy 99% of the time is what is keeping Michael from forgiving her. No, it's that you are awful.

I see the love affair between Fuck Off and WE NEVER CARED hasn't waned…unfortunately. Why am I supposed to be interested in these wastes of air time? I'd rather watch Liz…or Sonny/Carly sex on a loop than watch these two do anything.

I'm trying really hard to care about Spencer. Okay, that's a lie. I'm trying really hard to pretend to try hard to care about Spencer, but NOOOOOPE! [/Lana Kane] I do appreciate the shout outs to Shriner's, no matter how much I bitch about the show.

Ava! Yay! With Silas! Boo! Honestly, I don't mind them in this capacity. They have a good rapport, and it kinda works for me that he's the one she called to help her. Now if only someone else can almost kill the governor's daughter so Ava can half-assedly save her…

• Love 9

LOL Cobalt - I think Heatlifer has the right idea. The photo on the news from Tumblr shows a white and gold dress, but when a friend shared on Facebook, it's blue and black. 

When you look at the white and gold then squint as you look at it, it turns blue and black, The fact that I know this proves 1. I should be writing, and 2. TFGH is so bad anymore that the time I used to spend looking for spoilers (and writing) and such is now being spent on things like this damn dress.

On topic, I got nothing, just like this show.

• Love 1

Was that Shriner's doctor real? Because his dialogue was much too good and natural to have come from Ron's pen. I know the patients were real because Frank tweeted about it, but was not sure about the doctor.

• Love 1

I want that idiot Silas to go to prison for helping Ava.

So I'm supposed to believe Olivia would EVER care about Franco's well being? Bullshit. Damn her for not slitting his throat.

Stalker nurse has ALREADY tossed Ric aside so she could go sniffing around Jakeson again. Amazing. Has she ever moved this fast before? This might be a record for her.

• Love 2

Yeah, so I'm often a little behind and maybe I'm retreading an old joke but am I the only one who laughed at this unintentionally hilarious exchange?

Michael: You love [Avery], then why did you hand her over to a killer?
Weird New Kiki: I did not just 'hand her over,' okay? I thought it through!

Ain't even denying it!

I also love that Sonny is apparently willing to risk custody of his daughter just to visit Spencer Extra Crispy. Really? Never happen. Everyone is obsessed with this kid overnight whereas prior to this Sonny has barely mentioned Courtney (or paid attention to Kristina) in years.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Ron is currently running a Twitter poll on who should have custody of Avery and Sonny is winning. This is worse than the dress, which was obviously blue and black and confirmed to be so!!

I wish I could say this surprises me but alas...

And of course they need to give Michael a reason to become a "booze head" like his bio dad. Ron thinks of everything! /sarcasm just can't cut it at this point.

I can't put into words how much I detest Ron and his "ideas", I really, truly can't.

I felt the same way. Shriners Hospitals are famous, and those children have real needs. Today seemed more like trying to drum up sympathy for Spencer than anything else, but I am cynical by nature.

That is exactly how I feel about it. The fact that it's Ron little pet mini clone, Spencer, who's at the center of all of this is what I don't like. Ron always has an agenda, imho, always. 

• Love 1

Ron is currently running a Twitter poll on who should have custody of Avery and Sonny is winning. This is worse than the dress, which was obviously blue and black and confirmed to be so!!

To be fair, Ron has probably already blocked most that would vote against Sonny.

Well, let's remember that Ron's blocked about a bajillion people who disagree with him, so no surprise there.

Jinx! I should have read further down before commenting.

• Love 2

So I'm supposed to believe Olivia would EVER care about Franco's well being? Bullshit. Damn her for not slitting his throat.

Eh. Olivia cares about Sonny's welfare too, and Franco didn't even shoot her son in the chest. I agree that it's maddening for anybody to care about Franco's anything, but the first throat Liv should slit is Scummy's.

• Love 3

Or at least wash the shoe polish off.  I seriously want to know what's up with that.  Did he (or his wife, or someone at the show) take note of how much people noticed the gray in his beard while Sonny was in prison, and decide that he needed to try to look younger?  It's ridiculous, because most people seemed to think he looked good with the gray, even people who can't stand Sonny.  The shoe polish just makes him look insecure and vain along with a side of desperate.  The gray looked so much better.  

I'm glad that he got rid of the gray tbh. I didn't sleep well thinking that Sonny (ehhh let's go with MB instead) was attractive - I thought those heathenish thoughts and I wanted to scrub myself clean.

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 6

The good: The absolute delight in Ava's face when she was talking about Michael getting revenge on Sonny; Avery being adorable; everything about Michael.

The boring: Everything that I didn't mention above or below.

The bad: Carly; Liz and Jakeson; Morgan.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Since when does Lauren say "Uncle Julian"? 

I think Olivia visiting Franco is the most blatant plot-point writing Ron has ever done.

The Nina stuff is so stupid.

Morgan, STFU. You are an idiot. Full stop.

How awesome would it be if Mrs. Kim, the character, was the judge in the custody case?

Does Ron want me to have an aneurysm? Because the writing lately has been especially enraging, and I'm thisclose to a rage blackout from the galactic stupidity..

• Love 7

Michael really needs at least one person to support him in this.

Yeah it's ridiculous like he brought up to Kiki Sonny did try to kill Ava if Micheal hadn't stopped him and that he knows what it's like to lose a parent. How does Kiki know Sonny loves Avery from what seeing her with one or two times? I hate how people are basically like " he killed a loser get over it".

Yeah, so I'm often a little behind and maybe I'm retreading an old joke but am I the only one who laughed at this unintentionally hilarious exchange?

Michael: You love [Avery], then why did you hand her over to a killer?Weird New Kiki: I did not just 'hand her over,' okay? I thought it through!

Ain't even denying it!

I also love that Sonny is apparently willing to risk custody of his daughter just to visit Spencer Extra Crispy. Really? Never happen. Everyone is obsessed with this kid overnight whereas prior to this Sonny has barely mentioned Courtney (or paid attention to Kristina) in years.

How about when Micheal pointed out How Ava would've been dead if He hadnt stopped Sonny from doing it and she didn't say a damn word

• Love 5

I give him a pass on this because they said some great things about Shriner's and showed a commercial with some of the kids they've helped. It's a really good organization and I'd much rather they promote that than Campbell's soup. Definitely does not erase all the bullshit of course, but I think it was a genuinely good thing to do.

Im sure the Shriners Hospital will take all the publicity they can, even if its to prop up this sorry show. They are the best and deserve to be a mentioned in some public venue that can promote their charitable work.   Just hope there are enough people left watching this sorry show to make a difference. Its sure on a down hill run.

• Love 3

I realize it's only her second day, and I will give her a chance, but I'm finding nuKiki blander than bland.

Nice to see Ava has been able to keep up with her manicures while in the hospital.  I am glad to see her again, because MW is awesome.  I even like Silas with her, which is nothing I ever said about him with Sam or Nina.  I'll be interested to see what tap dance they come up with to keep her out of prison.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Olivia went to see Franco, LSD connection notwithstanding.  After all, she can't stand the man.  Then she spilled the beans re: her baby daddy.  Then I realized, ah, totally egregious plot point, of course.

Oh, Morgan...  I used to like him and I still want to like him, but he's making it so very, very hard.  What exactly is his beef with Julian getting out of prison for a crime he didn't commit?  After all, it's peachy keen his dear old dad got out for a crime he did commit.  Y'know, regardless of whose side you're on, Sonny's or Michael's, I find it totally unreasonable to not at least see Michael's POV at least a little bit.  A person was murdered, after all, and there's an extensive laundry list of damage done to Sonny's kids because of his mob ties.  Every single one of his baby mamas, including Carly, tried to keep a child from him.  Come on, Morgan!  Use that brain of yours!  It is still in his head, isn't it?  Maybe he needs to be checked for a microchip, because it sure seems like Sonny and Carly have him brainwashed.  Or is he just that dependent on daddy's wallet to make the break?  How's that job on the Haunted Star coming, Morgan?

RIP, MorganWOP.  Long live MichaelWOP.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 9

Did Ron/writers steal the 'Mama Celeste" crack from TWOP or here? 

They sure as hell stole it from either TWOP or here, that's for sure.

Now how about they steal some of the GREAT STORYLINE IDEAS that are also here??

So Olivia is now just making random visits to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

• Love 4

I like Olivia and I like Franco, but those scenes were just so random and stupid even for plot points THAT was all they could come up with for Franco to know Olivia's real baby daddy, and I shutter to think what possible purpose this information will have anyway.

While this whole crazy Franco and Nina story is like a D list story I still think Franco and Nina have chemistry. In that last scene they were cute and I wanted them to kiss.

As opposed to Liz and Jake. Who are supposed to be an A list story, yet I care much less about them and just don't feel any chemistry. Their conversations are taking on the quality of Charlie Brown's teacher for me.....whahahwhwhahwaha.

TC is selling Nik's pain, but I just don't feel too bad about Spencer. I have no problem with the Shriner's stuff though. That to me is a throw back to classic soaps where common issues were used for stories. Plus I'm sure those real kids had fun being on TV.

I wish someone would enlighten me on what Silas' motivation is for helping an escaped convicted murderer hide out  yet he doesn't even bother checking on his own wife. It seems totally crazy to me.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Did I miss something...why is nuKiki now so suddenly, hardcore Team!Sonny?

I think it probably has to do with her decision. I mean it makes sense to me(much more than Silas helping Ava) that when you make an important decision like she did you would have to be kind of "ride or die" about it. She decided it was best for Avery to be with her father if her mother was dead so she has to be team Sonny to validate her choice.

And as far as Sonny wanting to kill Ava he clearly doesn't anymore since Avery's been born he even tried to pull her up on the bridge. Since I clearly remember Julian having a gun to Ava's head and they are now the "bestest siblings who ever siblinged" I can also let Sonny's wanting to kill Ava be bygones too;)

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

New Kiki sux.  She has all the wrong emotions.  Almost smiles and looks wistful when talking about her dead mother.  WTH?! 

I like Ava and Silas together but Silas really should have kept the custody issues to himself.  

Sonny, the brain trust: being rude/douchey to Alexis and putting Michael down in the same sentence (doesn't matter that he was referring to Nina). 

Did Ron/writers steal the 'Mama Celeste" crack from TWOP or here? That Olivia-Franco visit was so WTF. He's going to remember, tell someone, and it's going to come back to bite her. 

Guessing it's gonna come back sooner than later, now that Nina and Franco are scheming.

Was that Shriner's doctor real? Because his dialogue was much too good and natural to have come from Ron's pen. I know the patients were real because Frank tweeted about it, but was not sure about the doctor.

I don't know but I thought Nik sucked in those scenes. He was way better at GH.

• Love 1

It was great fun today, watching Snarly make all those "I can't believe this", and "I'm so disappointed in you, MIchael", and "somebody come get this kid STAT she make a poopy" faces during the custody hearing.  Of course, watching Snarly make faces is always so much better than hearing her shriek.  

Poor lil' Moobs, sittiing there with his sad face on because a child he raised has DARED to get on the stand and TELL THE TRUTH.  It's just awful.  This is NOT how he raised Michael.  

One thing Michael forget to mention to Judge.  Sonny is a clear and present danger to Avery as long as he continues to dye his beard with shoe polish, too.  The smell of that stuff could make Avery sick.  But, considering the kid is being cuddled by Snarly, breathing in those fumes, that argument might not stick.

Morgan just gets dumber by the day, doesn't he?  Of course, that was no brain trust he was with, either.  NuKiki seems sort of fuddled and Julian is still starstruck by his own amazing awesomeness.  I'm not.  At all.

• Love 8

Michael is pissing me off. I want him to shut up. Avery is not your sister! You changed your last name to Quartermaine, therefore, Avery is not your sister. He has no rights. He's not even a Corinthos anymore, so Avery is not his freaking sister!

The Franco/Olivia scene was such an obvious plot point. Since when Olivia hang out with Franco? Did i miss something?

So Ric's going to use Michael killing someone in self-defense as a reason he's not fit to raise Avery?

My opinion on Ric's stratagy is that Michael's whole stance isn't that Sonny is a mobster, it is that being around a mobster puts Avery's life at risk b/c history shows children around him have been at risk.

Well Michael had a hit man come to his apartment with a gun to kill him and almost got himself and Rosalie shot. He had to kill this man to keep from dying. This hit man was sent by Mickey Diamond for Luke to kill Michael b/c he was the CEO of ELQ. That had nothing to do with Sonny, yet Michael and anyone around him at the time could have died. So reality is Avery wouldn't be any safer with Michael. If Michael would have had her at that time she could still have been injured by a stray bullet like Michael was as a child.

I think it is a valid arguement and this whole hearing is a farce to me b/c there is no way in real court Michael could have kept going on and on with his slanderous allegations(even though they are true there is no proof many of those things happened that way) a judge would have no way to tell truth from lie about half the stuff Michael said. Much of which was hearsay on Michael's part since he wasn't present just relating something told to him second hand. Ric could have objected many times over to half that stuff.

It seems pretty clear to me to keep this story going Michael is going to win custody and start feeling sorry he did fairly soon after.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2