Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Is WK looking a little bigger to anyone else?

I don't think he looks big, but to be honest I do think he has aged a lot in the year and a half from Edward's funeral to this last stint. He still looks cute, but it's a bit startling.

• Love 1

Is WK looking a little bigger to anyone else?

Well, if he is, to be fair, he turns 57 this year. Age catches up with everyone eventually.

i think Wally Kurth looks great.  And it sure doesn't hurt that the guy is a good actor, either.

• Love 5

Random Thoughts:

Shit like today's show is the reason why this show needs to be cancelled. Melissa Peterman's character's  son being named Jean-Luc Picard?! "What Nathan lacks in body fat, he makes up for with morals/his moral compass?"  Seriously, they are not even making an effort at trying. This shit is fucked.

Harper Barash is the cutest little thing.

There is no way that anyone living in this galaxy or the next would feasibly buy a Maxie/Nathan/Spinelli love triangle.

Between MP and LLC, the accents were nails on a chalkboard. Way too awful and 2nd hand embarrassing.

Did Sam wear that exact dress before or is she just pulling a Marge Simpson and redesigning the same exact dress into different styles over and over for the few times a year she gets dolled up? Either way, I flove that she can't even be bothered to buy a new dress to wear for Patprick.

Brad and Felix were cute but honestly I find the scene quite meh. Only because I find the realistic day-to-day small efforts at romance a lot more meaningful than big declarations of love.

The other Big Daddy guest star was super hot and makes every other guy not named Nathan on this show look like a midget chump. I wish we would have gotten a scene with him. Sonny, and Dante just for shits and giggles.

Oh dear God, not another pregnancy. I know LLC is pregnant in RL but fuck. Ever since RC's taken over, there hasn't been 5 minutes without someone being pregnant in this town. And now Ned is going to be sucked into this bullshit. Poor Ned, :(

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 4

The other Big Daddy guest star was super hot and makes every other guy not named Nathan on this show look like a midget chump. I wish we would have gotten a scene with him. Sonny, and Dante just for shits and giggles.

It actually reminded me of the scene where Dante first meets Lulu and this giant guy is hitting on her and Dante pops out from behind him:

http://public.fotki.com/lisaghscreencaps/july-2009-screencaps/friday-july-312009/catv82009073102151.html

I wish Dante had been in the scene too because it probably would have been cute. Sonny probably would have taken out a gun or two to compensate. As it is though, I think Perry Shen is pretty much the same height as MB and DZ anyway so it worked.

Two other things - it cracked me up when Maxie was like Nathan STORMED out of here and is furious and Nathan seems like he has slight mild stomach upset at the station. I think RP was okay the past two days, but emanating any sort of fury he was not.

Uuugh Spin is already starting in on the passive-aggressive bullshit. "I myself was often rather jealous of the younger Zaccharra." He was? WHHHHYYYY. Besides the fact that he is jealous of everyone because he is annoying. She made out with him once! bah.

Eh, Ned has the Baby K debacle to draw from. If he's stupid enough to get involved in that shit again, that's his stupidity.

I also haven't felt bad for him with this Alexis stuff. He knows by now she's not that into him, so whatever, Ned.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Why couldn't Bradford Anderson make it in prime time so he wouldn't need to return as Spinelli? Whhhyyyyyyyy?!

I also haven't felt bad for him with this Alexis stuff. He knows by now she's not that into him, so whatever, Ned.

Yes. This.

• Love 3

I don't understand the need to write in LiLoC's pregnancy. She's already more than a few months along, but Olivia only got pregnant six weeks ago. He did this with Jessica on OLTL too, Bree was already looking most definitely pregnant before Jessica was impregnated. We are asked to suspend disbelief all the time, why can't we just ignore the fact that the actress is pregnant?

• Love 2

Ryan Peavey may suck as an actor, but at least he's good eye candy!

At this point, give me the better actor. Ron doesn't seem to understand that RP is limited and he keeps writing and putting him in scenes/scenarios that are beyond his abilities. Stp tryi5to make RP happen. Just let him stand around grunt and look pretty while others do the heavy lifting .

• Love 3

Why couldn't Bradford Anderson make it in prime time so he wouldn't need to return as Spinelli? Whhhyyyyyyyy?!

I personally love Spinelli and am so glad to see BA on my screen.  There's something so sweet, intelligent, and decent about him and he's a good actor.  The minute he walked into that apartment, you knew something was wrong, but it wasn't sledgehammered at us.  I just love the guy, the actor, just something different from the usual pack of boring whatevers and evil who cares. Someone with a brain and a soul.  I know his history has questionable moments, but it's a soap..  They all do. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 3

I know no man or woman who plans a romantic Valentine's Day dinner, complete with bringing in a favorite chef and then 30 seconds into said dinner, bring up the other's ex.  Nice 'dinner' Ned.

And why is Olivia constantly referring to Ned as her BEST FRIEND?  Didn't they become friends over the summer?  Maybe 5 year olds become best friends in that time, but not 45+ complicated adults.  If Ned agrees to be her fake baby daddy, I certainly hope Olivia goes to Alexis for advice when Ned tries to steal her kid, just like he did with Alexis'.

• Love 4
Melissa Peterman's character's  son being named Jean-Luc Picard?!

I actually think that might have been a nod to the actor who plays the main character, and her son, on the show "Baby Daddy", because the actor's name is Jean-Luc but with a different last name. Ron of course would pick "Picard" because he's a dumb little twit.

I would have laughed and laughed for hours, heh, that would have been too perfect.  He really was quite easy on the eyes though. How Sam didn't look between he and Patrick and remember what an attractive (hot as hell) and charismatic man can look like is just silly frankly.

I flove that she can't even be bothered to buy a new dress to wear for Patprick.

Oh me too, me too. Really the more and more time they spend together, imho, just proves that their "relationship" is merely being used as a holding pattern for Sam until Jake finally gets another timely knock to the head and "remembers all"

Damn, I'm really into Brad/Lucas. PS and RyCa are decent actor and IMO have excellent chemistry. Let's see how MoRon screws them up.

So am I, it almost scares me how much.

Ryan and Parry, imo, have made a mountain from a molehill because things could have so easily gone very, very wrong, see Felix with, well, anyone.

If they hadn't been up for the challenge of playing lovers and connecting and having chemistry and working well together then this would have been a total failure like so many other Ron couplings have turned out to be.

Though I am sure Ron will surely wreck them sooner than later because he can't keep anything good going for an extended period of time.  One of them will cheat or die or both probably.

Edited by CPP83

Lulu, there are many reasons Scott is a jackass, but not granting immunity to Helena for the sake of your drunken deadbeat child-killing rapist dad is not one of them. Not that I don't sympathize with her wanting to help her dad, because I do, but really. And also she is lucky Scott didn't get pissed at her for grabbing his hand like that.

We did not need Maxie to flashback to every Johnny scene yesterday, talk about padding. I can't decide what's stupider, Maxie helping out Johnny or Lulu believing everything out of him the other week. I buy Maxie and Lulu hooking up more than either of them caring that much about what happens to Johnny.

I liked the little Ric/Scotty exchange.

Morgan: my dad's not a liar.

oh jeez. Go home Morgan, you're drunk. And really fucking dumb. But still, why must he kiss Sonny's ass whole sale? It's bad writing. At least he seemed sympathetic to Kiki.

I can kinda see why they needed to recast Kiki now.

Wait just a second.... there are JoMax scenes?? My OTP is back?????

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Remember, it's not true love if you don't get shot by or because of your significant other . . . preferably in the shoulder. And if you do don't worry, a doctor will put a band-aid on your neck and you'll be fine.

• Love 12

I don't understand the need to write in LiLoC's pregnancy. She's already more than a few months along, but Olivia only got pregnant six weeks ago. He did this with Jessica on OLTL too, Bree was already looking most definitely pregnant before Jessica was impregnated. We are asked to suspend disbelief all the time, why can't we just ignore the fact that the actress is pregnant?

Amen to this comment!  Lisa is due in May - just three months from now.  The staging has been doing a reasonable job of at least partially masking her pregnancy (pushing a wheelchair, anyone?!).  So why can't we just continue with suspending disbelief?????  After all, this is the return-from-the-dead, rubber-mask-wearing GH!!  

• Love 4

There were the two from the ABC Family show and the Cristela lady (none of which I had ever heard of, by the way). Who was the fourth?

The chef, I guess. I have no idea who he is but of the 4 I thought he did the best to be honest.

I actually still think I prefer Spin to Nathan though. Egads.

Disgusting take it back! ;)

I hate Spinelli so much, guys. Like I want to murder him myself. Plus, shallow alert, he physically repulses me. Also, I don't think he's a good actor. At all. And when him and Maxie are together I just want a bomb to go off where they are. This story is gonna be so hard for me. I should probably just fast forward it, but I'm masochistic so I probably won't.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Cristela is a comedy on ABC friday nights. I've never watched it myself, but I've seen commercials.

Don't watch it. Just don't.  (Cristela was pretty good on this show though. They should find a way to have her come back every so often)

Well, if he is, to be fair, he turns 57 this year. Age catches up with everyone eventually.

He looks good to me! I'd kiss him under the mistletoe for certain. 

My daughter, a hair stylist, could not believe Kin Shriner's hair! I had to youtube some old stuff so prove it just grows like that. (She immediately noticed that there had been a decline in the quality of the show over the years) 

• Love 1

Lisa is due in May - just three months from now.  The staging has been doing a reasonable job of at least partially masking her pregnancy (pushing a wheelchair, anyone?!).  So why can't we just continue with suspending disbelief?????  After all, this is the return-from-the-dead, rubber-mask-wearing GH!!  

(sarcasm font) But this is Ron! He plans storylines months in advance! If pressed, he'd probably say this was in the works before Lisa got pregnant, because he never pulls anything out of his, um, nether regions. (end sarcasm font)

• Love 2

(sarcasm font) But this is Ron! He plans storylines months in advance! If pressed, he'd probably say this was in the works before Lisa got pregnant, because he never pulls anything out of his, um, nether regions. (end sarcasm font)

There are days when that man is full of what comes out of those nether regions. 

• Love 2
I actually still think I prefer Spin to Nathan though. Egads.

Disgusting take it back! ;)

I hate Spinelli so much, guys. Like I want to murder him myself. Plus, shallow alert, he physically repulses me. Also, I don't think he's a good actor. At all. And when him and Maxie are together I just want a bomb to go off where they are. This story is gonna be so hard for me. I should probably just fast forward it, but I'm masochistic so I probably won't.

I'll take it back if you promise not to fast forward through the Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli stuff! You can cover your eyes though as compensation.

And why is Olivia constantly referring to Ned as her BEST FRIEND?  Didn't they become friends over the summer?  Maybe 5 year olds become best friends in that time, but not 45+ complicated adults.  

Yeah that was just weird (although I guess to be fair to Olivia, she is not complicated, heh). And referring to how much they have in common. Jeez Olivia, you like a few of the same movies! THAT'S IT. I'm not saying they can't build something from there but take it down a notch woman.

Wait just a second.... there are JoMax scenes?? My OTP is back?????

Yeah but only a few. They had scenes on 1/20 and 2/10.

The only thing I got from yesterdays guest stars is that I thought they were (mostly) better than the regulars ... also, since I didn't know that any of them were some weird VDay casting stunt, I just thought they were new cast members - and liked that suddenly we have another doctor. I knew it was too good to be true. <grumble>

Kelly looks like a tiny doll next to him

Dude is 6'5". I'd look like a tiny doll next to him, and I'm six feet.

I don't understand the need to write in LiLoC's pregnancy. She's already more than a few months along, but Olivia only got pregnant six weeks ago.

There's always a time lag between a woman announcing her RL pregnancy and it being written in. Figure the public doesn't know until at least the second trimester, and soap stories are, what, six weeks ahead of airing? So we'll see the pregnancy before the character knows. That in no way whatsoever excuses the laziness of always writing in the pregnancy, but it helps explain the wonky time line.

I flove that she can't even be bothered to buy a new dress to wear for Patprick.

I like it when we see clothes again. It's realistic, something that rarely happens on a soap.

And referring to how much they have in common. Jeez Olivia, you like a few of the same movies! THAT'S IT. I'm not saying they can't build something from there but take it down a notch woman.

Well, this is the show that used Dante and Sonny both liking pasta as irrefutable proof that they are related. 

Who were the guest stars again? Giant doctor with chest hair, Cristela, the chef, and...?

• Love 1

Outside of Scott's relationship with Laura at the time, he is completely irrelevant when it comes to Laura's rape and how she's lived with it decades later. Narratively, I hate the idea of a rapist and their victim as epic romance, but in universe, Laura chose her way of dealing with it. Scott's feelings about it do not trump Laura's. Decades later, he's completely irrelevant to it.

As an aside, Switched At Birth recently did a rape/consent story and it's amazing how many people were asking where the victim's boyfriend was in the arc and what his feelings were. Who cares about the dudes? Their fee-fees are not relevant nor more important than the victim's. Let the victim have her voice and have her choices. And, that's how I feel about Laura as well. I agree with you, dubbel zout. There is something discomfitting when Scotty...talks over, no, appropriates, which may be the right word, Laura's rape in his hatred of Luke, leaving her almost voiceless and victimized all over again. 

Laura getting raped was her karma? Cool victim blaming, bro.

When Laura didn't prosecute Luke and then deserted her husband to run away with Luke , she was no longer a victim ,she became a willing participant. I was never blaming Laura. I think TG wants to not be Laura's husband so he has been pushing to be this Luke. Let him.. I don't want to watch this Luke at all. When he killed his grandson he didn't care. he just jumped back in his bottle. .I don't see any reason why Scott would care about Luke. he did rape his wife, and I don't think that is something Scott should sweep under the rug.JMO
  • Love 4
And referring to how much they have in common. Jeez Olivia, you like a few of the same movies! THAT'S IT. I'm not saying they can't build something from there but take it down a notch woman.

Well, this is the show that used Dante and Sonny both liking pasta as irrefutable proof that they are related. 

And that Ethan and Luke both drank scotch. That might have been worse than the pasta.

I feel like being asked to choose between Spinelli and Nathan in  general is a good time to whip out the "GH: Decaying body or piss and shit" mantra.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I personally love Spinelli and am so glad to see BA on my screen.  There's something so sweet, intelligent, and decent about him and he's a good actor.  The minute he walked into that apartment, you knew something was wrong, but it wasn't sledgehammered at us.  I just love the guy, the actor, just something different from the usual pack of boring whatevers and evil who cares. Someone with a brain and a soul.  I know his history has questionable moments, but it's a soap..  They all do.

I agree, Spinelli does have a sweet intelligent and hesitating air, and he is not a pompous evildoer. I have a feeling that he would not plan to hurt people on purpose (although I don't know about the past; haven't seen him in a major story). That makes him miles better than Luke or even Franco (who seems to have moments of caring for others, even though a serial killer). Spinelli is definitely "someone with a brain and soul".

• Love 1

I agree, Spinelli does have a sweet intelligent and hesitating air, and he is not a pompous evildoer. I have a feeling that he would not plan to hurt people on purpose (although I don't know about the past; haven't seen him in a major story). That makes him miles better than Luke or even Franco (who seems to have moments of caring for others, even though a serial killer). Spinelli is definitely "someone with a brain and soul".

He GLEEFULLY conspired to murder a cop.

'Nuff said.

ETA: His mobular "activities" aside, his biggest crime is the way he treats Maxie. He may have never raised a hand to ber, but he has been extremely emotionally abusive towards her.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 15

Olivia's friend played by Melisa Peterman (who if it helps was also on Reba)

I liked Melissa on Reba's show, but not so much on GH. She gained back a bit of the tremendous amount of weight she lost while on the Reba show. I barely recognized her face, so she probably had some work done (unless she was swelling and bloated all over).

'Nuff said.

Yikes! I did not know. Spinelli, you are back in the evildoers's column.

• Love 1

'Nuff said.

ETA: His mobular "activities" aside, his biggest crime is the way he treats Maxie. He may have never raised a hand to ber, but he has been extremely emotionally abusive towards her.

he helped scummy do everything on the computer. Spin was part of the mob. Couldn't stand him. When he started speaking normally he was a little better. I did like Ellie so her with spin this spin was fine. Nate much better. Hope is father doesn't turn out to be aCcassidene.
  • Love 3

Please please please please please please do not have Spinelli and Maxie even consider any sort of relationship again. He's awful, and they were always absolutely terrible together. I need for him to go away immediately. Oh good lord - what if he sticks around for the Jason reveal??? I can't even imagine how much that will piss me off. And y know he'll adopt the "Soldier Boy" bullshit or some other stupid and ridiculous name and then I will have to bash in my own head with a hammer.

Annnndddd....now I'm mad again. It's been a rough GH week for me.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 7

On the surface, Spinelli seems like a nice guy. But he was a Jason worshipper to the point of being in on the planned murder of "Dominic" (Dante) when he knew damned well his dear friend Lulu was in love with the guy. He also kept his mouth shut about the baby when Lulu and Dante took her home to raise her, knowing he and Maxie were the parents. He's always been a passive aggressive coward.

• Love 19

On the surface, Spinelli seems like a nice guy. But he was a Jason worshipper to the point of being in on the planned murder of "Dominic" (Dante) when he knew damned well his dear friend Lulu was in love with the guy. He also kept his mouth shut about the baby when Lulu and Dante took her home to raise her, knowing he and Maxie were the parents. He's always been a passive aggressive coward.

Well, I don't blame him for the latter part exactly. He was thrust into that situation so I don't blame him for flailing about a bit.

But his behavior during the baptism/Dante shooting stuff was rank, and was pretty bad as well when Carly hired him twice, first to try to find something to use against Dante when Michael went to prison, because Spinelli blamed him for Jason volunteering to go to prison, and the second time Carly asked him to try to dig up what the connection was between Dante and Brenda, even though Spinelli actually really liked Brenda and so was stabbing her in the back by doing Carly's bidding.

Not to mention, of course, Spin's day to day activities being the hacker of a mob hitman.

So when Maxie or anyone talks about Spinelli being so nice and too good for Maxie it makes me want to stick a spork in my eye. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
and liked that suddenly we have another doctor. I knew it was too good to be true. <grumble>

Yesterday's score.  Two stethoscopes and no guns!

Besides the fact that he is jealous of everyone because he is annoying.

Nice to read on this board that there are people here who are happy to see him on the show.  Just another piece of crap that RC/FV get to stick on their pile of characters who earn their paychecks in Port Charles by either committing or threatening to commit acts of violence.

I don't understand the need to write in LiLoC's pregnancy.

Nor do I.  Maybe this 50ish mobster daddy won't be threatening to murder the mother of his kid like the last 50ish mobster daddy we just had to watch for the past year.  Thanks for the originality writers. 

• Love 1

The same thing could be said about Michael who was the one that discover that Dante was a cop and rushed to Sonny to tell him knowing what the consequences of his actions would be. Michael was jealous of Dominic's closeness to his father and position within Sonny's mob.

But his behavior during the baptism/Dante shooting stuff was rank, and was pretty bad as well when Carly hired him twice, first to try to find something to use against Dante when Michael went to prison, because Spinelli blamed him for Jason volunteering to go to prison, and the second time Carly asked him to try to dig up what the connection was between Dante and Brenda, even though Spinelli actually really liked Brenda and so was stabbing her in the back by doing Carly's bidding.

Spin's hero worship and later grief over Jason was just stupid. I can't defend that because it just too stupid. However, as to Brenda, he may have liked her but she was a virtual stranger to him. He didn't owe Brenda any loyalty so he wasn't stabbing her in the back.

• Love 1