Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

"You almost got Emma's father killed today!". I mean really, is that for real? 

What an extra special douchey way to speak about himself in the third person as the typical selfish asshole he's always been. As if there weren't how many other parents on that boat or someone else's children and loved ones.

Well maybe that would mean she'd actually get to SEE her mother again.....just sayin' Douche!

• Love 1

Billy Miller, you're the only reason I'm watching now.

So you'll be killed off or doing something really lame next month.

Hit in the head with that phoenix.....<runs>

I all but expected him to show fangs with blood oozing down his old chin and have huge bat wings flap from behind his tux as he propels his way out of Port Charles into the frail but white as the driven snow arms of Helena C. Please someone stick a stake in them both.......they are DONE.

Okay this might have topped RoHo taking a shit....heh!

• Love 2

Wouldn't it been as effective to umm. just throw the bomb into the water as jumping into the harbor with it? The stupid, it just burns.

That's what I thought Michael was gonna do. And yeah, also, that's why it's dumb.

Maybe it's better for Michael and Sonny to reconcile quickly. That way Sonny can go back to . . . whatever he does and Michael can go back to bland love interest #4.

But again, I thought Chad was ungood today. Maybe they should just let him stay in scenes with Jane Elliot.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Howarth could sit on a toilet and grunt for 40 minutes straight and be praised for being brave and raw in his depiction of taking a shit.

Hey look, "Your choice: Shit or corpse"™ is an official GH slogan for a reason!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

If Ron really wanted to do something shocking, then those stories that MB re-upped would have been plants in the media for misdirection, and Sonny would actually be dead now.  Because nobody expects them to really and truly kill his ass. 

• Love 6

That's what I thought Michael was gonna do. And yeah, also, that's why it's dumb.

Maybe it's better for Michael and Sonny to reconcile quickly. That way Sonny can go back to . . . whatever he does and Michael can go back to bland love interest #4.

But again, I thought Chad was ungood today. Maybe they should just let him stay in scenes with Jane Elliot.

JE is one actress who simply shines with the younger set-and quite frankly I not only enjoy Michael more with Tracy than him with either of his parents, I enjoy Morgan more with her, too.

• Love 5

All the good that came out of Michael learning the truth about Sonny killing AJ was negated today with one "Dad!" invoked by Michael. Also if anybody should have been running with the bomb it was Michael and not Sonny. Michael's legs probably move at twice the speed of Sonny's.

Sonny will show up in a few days after having a quickie with Ava in the river.

JE is one actress who simply shines with the younger set-and quite frankly I not only enjoy Michael more with Tracy than him with either of his parents, I enjoy Morgan more with her, too.

Jane looked great the last few days too. The more fitted jacket was so much better on her than her normal duster look. Loved the necklace too!

• Love 4
Sonny will show up in a few days after having a quickie with Ava in the river.

Monkey Fist....errr... I mean Morgan will be strolling along the docks, mourning Sonny and Ava, and they'll wash up, locked together naked and coated in the oil slick created by Sonny's hair. 

• Love 8

Monkey Fist....errr... I mean Morgan will be strolling along the docks, mourning Sonny and Ava, and they'll wash up, locked together naked and coated in the oil slick created by Sonny's hair. 

Hahahahahahahahaha

• Love 1

If Ron really wanted to do something shocking, then those stories that MB re-upped would have been plants in the media for misdirection, and Sonny would actually be dead now. Because nobody expects them to really and truly kill his ass.

That would be...awesome.

• Love 4

RH was just as awful as I thought he would be. Just horrendous. Too bad those cops didn't take advantage of the shoot to kill order Sloane gave them.

I can't even be mad at the bomb shit because it was just too damn funny to me.

• Love 3

I wish they would explore why Maxie is so freaked out about Nathan. She needs to ease up because he was a policeman when she met him. However, how many policeman boyfriends did she lose?

Well, I'm pretty sure Jesse was killed in the line of duty, and Cooper (*sniff*) was killed by not-dead-Diego the Text Message Killer.

You know, Michael dying saving everyone and Sonny not being able to make amends would have been a much better story dramatically.

Sonny actually dying (I'm assuming he's not dead) while at odds would have been a much better story.

Pretty much anything would have been a better story than what we're getting.

I haven't quit this show since the dark says of the Sonny/Carly/Toonces/Jason reign of suck, I may have to paddle out if Sonny and Michael reunite.

• Love 4

Was Jesse the one Courtney shot in the back?

Nope, that was Brian. Brian liked SWMNBN , but she only had eyes for Jasus. So when he was poised to shoot Jason for committing an actual crime, she shot him in the back and blamed Zander for it.

She was the worst.

(or what ulkis said)

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 4

Jesse got shot in the head by a clown.

Only soaps.

They should have let Sonny be presumed dead for months off this explosion. Done some PTSD/crazy arc when he is found. But no, let's all move on, Ron has had his big sweeps moments.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Wouldn't it been as effective to umm. just throw the bomb into the water as jumping into the harbor with it? The stupid, it just burns.

Come to that, wouldn't the bomb, being electronic, have gone all pffffitttttzzz when hitting the water? The bomb did not go off, according to one of the characters describing it, until moments after Sonny disappeared into the water with it. And don't tell me Luke prepared for that. Helena had Jason hide the bomb in a dry place under the bar. Luke and Hells thought it would go off there, not in the water.

Only soaps.

They should have let Sonny be presumed dead for months off this explosion. Done some PTSD/crazy arc when he is found. But no, let's all move on, Ron has had his big sweeps moments.

I honestly think Ron has ADD for real, not even trying to be mean. Thus all the characters and running over plot points.

Nope, that was Brian. Brian liked SWMNBN , but she only had eyes for Jasus. So when he was poised to shoot Jason for committing an actual crime, she shot him in the back and blamed Zander for it.

She was the worst.

(or what ulkis said)

I remember his last name too. Beck. Don't look at me like that, there was always a poster on another board who joked around that they were sure they were going to finally bring back Brian Beck.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I honestly don't know which was more vomit-worthy, Sonny being hailed as "a true hero" ad nauseum and also knowing he's not going anywhere and them pretending like we should not know even though he re-signed, or the SERIAL KILLER's acid trip that looked like it was ripped from the The Brady Bunch Movie where Mike accidentally did shrooms. And him sucking face with the baby stealing torturer like they're the next supercouple?

I don't think there are words to describe how truly bad this show really is.

• Love 12

But then why give him all this airtime? I don't get what Ron's goal is here. I am in genuine confusion. Are you saying that Ron likes to see how shitty he can be and see if the soap press still kisses his ass? I can get behind that except I think Ron thinks this is good.

I don't think Ron thinks it's objectively good (I mean no one in their right mind could think 80+% of this show is actually "good.") Ron thinks it sells; Ron thinks it generates talk; Ron thinks people react strongly to it - and RATINGS! Or whatever. Ron LOVES male actors who behave like complete asses and are way overrated. Not to mention, RH is his vanity project. He got him back from PP, so Ron is going to use him - and YOU WILL love it.

I'm not even convinced it's about that. It comes down to this; Ron can write whatever he wants and gets praised for it and Howarth can do whatever he wants and get praised for it. Ron has proven that he can immerse the show in a love triangle involving 7 year olds and people laud and praise him for it. He makes a mockery of rape and mental illness constantly. He cribs and repeats his work over and over and over again and no one ever calls him out for it. He's continuously praised as the savior of soaps and never has to answer for a damn thing.

Howarth is coasting on one award he won twenty years ago and the fact that he played an iconic character. No one is ever going to say 'This is absolute shite. Why is he allowed to do this?' Howarth could sit on a toilet and grunt for 40 minutes straight and be praised for being brave and raw in his depiction of taking a shit. I mean... look at Bernard. He hasn't enunciated in twenty years and people are still constantly kissing his ass.

I can't say this is even remotely about Ron liking Howarth. It's about two guys that no one in the profession will ever call out so they can do whatever the hell they want knowing they'll never answer for it. They're not too big to fail. They're just surrounded by sycophants who lap up whatever they put out there.

Yes; and thank you. I couldn't agree with this post more if I tried. RH is the epitome of the emperor's new clothes. Had it not been for his performance twenty years ago on another show, no one would give a crap about him now. He's still being praised for stuff from the mid-90s; and as the hair has gotten shorter, the acting has gotten worse.There is nothing to praise as far as what he is doing on THIS show right now. But, you are absolutely right; no one - especially not the soap "press" will ever, ever call him out on it.

• Love 3

Sonny the hero........puke.

I hate Lucas calling Julian Dad.  He's known the guy 20 minutes, what about the man who raised him?

I've watched Tony Geary for over 30 years and the majority of those years, I've watched him do outstanding work with good material and somehow make bad material watchable.  All that being said, he's horrible with this material, every aspect of it.  I'm beginning to believe he should have retired last year like he originally planned.

• Love 11

No he was a rando whose name was Bryan. Jesse got shot in the head by a clown.

I adore this sentence.  And the fact that it is one of the more tame soap deaths.

I don't even know what to say about today.   Sam was completely OOC.  She may be a lot of things, but she is not one to freak out in a crisis.   Her stuttering and needing to be directed by Jasus grated on the nerves.   And Liz....seriously?  You couldn't reach for a phone?  Call for someone to call it in to the PCPD?    The stupid physically hurt my brain.

And don't get me started on Sam's reaction to Mikey possibly being dead.  Not in character at all.

• Love 11
And Liz....seriously?  You couldn't reach for a phone?  Call for someone to call it in to the PCPD?    Th

I do believe she said that they needed to alert the police when Dante was rambling on about getting in touch with Nathan, which gave Dante the opportunity to remind her in all his cracked skull glory that Nathan was, in fact, the police.

Ah the idiocy, where would we be without it? .

• Love 1
Why did Sonny not shoot Fluke after Fluke told him that Dante was dead? He should have killed him and then ran to the boat. It wouldn't have taken a second.

Did Sonny know at that point that there was a bomb on the HS? Once he learned that, he should have plugged Fake!Luke.

That whole sequence, from finding the bomb to Sonny jumping into the water with it, was totally ripped off from the 1966 Batman: The Movie with Adam West.

they were going to finally bring back Brian Beck.

It is Fan Favorite February....

LOL that Nina thought Franco's initial tripping was the kiss. The special effects were stupendous.

I don't like nuSloan. He's still an overacting douche. And he's clearly dipping into MB's shoe polish.

The whole town might think Sonny is a hero, but Julian doesn't. That's something I'm clinging to.

STFU, Maxie, and let your cop boyfriend do his job. If you don't want to worry like this, don't keep dating cops. Gah.

• Love 3

Unfortunately, a whole bunch of characters are OOC to make Ron's crap go round.

Speaking of, doesn't Sam know that Robin brought Hells back to life? Wouldn't she try to contact Robin now at least to figure out the circumstances and what exactly happened? These are rhetorical questions.

• Love 3

You're right... it's a problem across the board... for the male 'stars.' You never see the women pulling this half-assed shit. You just don't. The amount of leeway given to the men to act like complete jackasses on-screen for years on end when the women they are playing opposite from have to do all of the heavy lifting, can never phone it in, and still will be the first (and usually only one) to get blamed if things go south. It angers up the blood.

I love this post so much I want to shoot it in the head while it is giving birth then jump into the harbor with a ticking bomb.  ;)

But this situation long predated RC on GH and isn't confined to this show - I still remember Timothy Gibbs on OLTL and the endless parade of females paired with him who tried like hell to generate chemistry with him, he gave them nothing, and then they got blamed and run off the soap on a rail.

(Same goes for Geary, Bernard and Howarth.)

And Thompson.  They are the Crappy Quad of GH.

I think I'm done. I can't watch every character kiss Sonny's ass and proclaim him a hero.

And I am right behind you.  I didn't even bother to watch today's episode, I've got better things to do then watch the character that destroyed GH at it again.

TO WHATEVER INTERN AT GH READS THESE BOARDS:  WOULD IT HAVE BEEN TOO MUCH TO HAVE THE POLICE ACTUALLY SAVE EVERYONE FOR ONCE?

Sonny did something nice so Michael is grateful but Sonny also did something horrible that cannot be fixed and so Michael just keeps his distance for now. If they must reconcile, make Sonny work for it -- over time. Make it ugly and painful and more of a background story.

I could get behind this "Sonny Saves The Day" story if - and it 's a BIG "if" - they used the opportunity to make much needed changes to the character.  Have Sonny come out of the water having had an epiphany and deciding to turn his life around.  Have him quit the mob and go straight.  Build story out of Sonny's attempts to repair the damage he did to his family and to Port Charles.  Focus on the aspects of Sonny's stories recently that actually did work - Sonny as the beleaguered paterfamilias trying to hold his family together - rather than all the stupid Mob shit that has dragged the show down for so many years.  This could actually be a golden opportunity to reboot Sonny's character - hey, a stint in the Big House and a near-death experience can do that.

But no, we'll be back to everyone in town kissing Sonny's ass and proclaiming his greatness and then gathering together for the communal shit on A.J.'s grave.

Why didn't anybody tell me the Mai Tais on the barge were so tasty?

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 10

Poor Silas.  He spends 6 months propping his not-even-onscreen wife, to the extreme detriment to his own character's interestingness and watchability.  Then the return of said wife robs him in an instant of his screentime-guaranteeing relationship with one of the show's most central female characters.  And then after... what... 5 or 6 scenes together said wife, who has driven character of Silas off a cliff, forgets he exists and runs off after Franco?  

Believe me, I'm ALL IN FAVOR of aborting that stupid, ridiculous, pointless, airtime-sucking "Nina seeks revenge" story.  But couldn't we have done it, like, 7 months earlier?  Was there anyone who was not already extremely annoyed by the Nina story months and months before Nina showed up?  

I do feel sorry for Silas.  He got stuck with that turd of a story for way longer than the actual turd herself had to deal with it.  

• Love 5

I haven't deleted this from my DVR yet, in the vain hope that there will be some epic payback (e.g., Fluke bursting into flames) that we're all due for our suffering. But y'all certainly spare me the pain of watching what sounds like the crappiest crap ever written and acted.

Thanks for taking one for the team. :)

You're welcome. And I accept cash payments.

It truly baffles me that Ron thinks we are worried or GAF what happens to Ivy, especially from the two seconds we've seen of her, she just seems like a spoiled, entitled princess. And I know you guys hate Patrick, but ignoring Sam's call when you're borrowing someone else's phone? That takes a special kind of snottiness.

Geez, Maxie. Chill. I beg of you. This look is really not attractive, I don't care how many dead cops she's dated. Go home and have a drink.

Should I count the ways Liz annoyed me today? Nah, she's not worth the effort.

Lante are still boring to me, but they really sell their sweetness when they're apologetic or in danger. Damn it.

I absolutely CANNOT with GMc's hair. I had some high hopes for his physical look. Wanted to see Anna and Ava chem tested with him. But not with that mess on his head. My two favorites should not have to be subjected to THAT.

I will say what I loved today: Julian. He's won major points from me for being so concerned about Ava. Plus he blames Sonny for her fall. 

• Love 8
they were going to finally bring back Brian Beck.

It is Fan Favorite February....

lmao

The whole town might think Sonny is a hero, but Julian doesn't. That's something I'm clinging to.

I think Liz only partly said what she did was because she was in front of Dante, too. Too bad Dante only teared up and then was like "oh well, other things to talk about." Seriously, I'm gonna hold on to this until Sonny surfaces in a day or two and Dante cries and calls him dad.

I strangely like GMc's hair. I'm not attracted, it's just so weird? Ask me again in a month though.

• Love 1

I thought Maxie already did that? She told Michzel no one would be alive if he hadn't run out with the bomb. Or did I just imagine that happened?

It happened.

Grayson's hair looks like it's rebelling against the awfulness of the style. Greasy and slicked back doesn't work for Sonny, why did they think it would for Agent Sloane?

Still loving Julian, and I hope he's not the only one back in Pentonville (after a brief hospital stay).

• Love 4

I'm done. Sonny saving the day and having the whole town kiss his ass and now Carly once again getting away with everything and suffering no consequences whatsoever has beaten me down.

I'll watch clips of what I want on YouTube - aka the place where Sonny doesn't exist.

• Love 8

Well, it ain't a fluke (no pun intended) but Grayson McCouch can't act other than angry and sound like Maurice Bernard & Eric Braden. I thought it was just his acting as Dusty on ATWT a but he was the same in the short scenes today in GH. I don't like his long hair either and hopefully in the summer he'll do his short buzz cut. He was doing his one note angry scene chewing and it's only been 1 day. I know he was on AW who was a nice person but I don't recall his acting there. I guess I'll give him more time and see what transpire with Finola Hughes. At least, they'll look hot.

• Love 1

I'm done. Sonny saving the day and having the whole town kiss his ass and now Carly once again getting away with everything and suffering no consequences whatsoever has beaten me down.

I'll watch clips of what I want on YouTube - aka the place where Sonny doesn't exist.

I feel you.I really have nothing of interest.I'm trying to find a reason to still watch but truthfully I'm probally done.THey'll never get rid of the mob.

Also if I wanted to watch an LSD episode I'd go watch the orginal one you know the one that GM produced when the idea was new and orginal.RC has repeated it twice and I'm not amused.

Edited by Harmony233

I don't think there are words to describe how truly bad this show really is.

There really aren't.  The only good things that happened today were DZ and Maxie's coat.  RHo, MSt, and TG were so horrible, and now Sonny's going to be a hero? 

I was trying to explain the shittiness of it all to my husband - the dumbed down, awful writing, the cheapened sets, the half-assed directing, the choppy editing, and the de-characterization of so many of the characters so they can fit the plot, throwing characters (and actors!) under the bus for no other reason than the laziness and pettiness of the current regime ... and he just looked at me and said, if it makes you this unhappy then why don't you stop watching? 

• Love 7

Okay I couldn't have been the only one LOL at Patrick diving in like "superman" on soulja boy, I mean come on that was straight out of "Crank That (Soulja Boy Tell Em)" which I was singing in my head at the time. That was the best UCG of a totally comedic gold episode.

And I'm clearly no Ava fan, but if she turns up alive she surely deserves a get out of jail free card. My gosh the woman has been through the mill and no one even gives enough fucks to even look for her? Even Julian shrugged and went off to GH without much proding.(but bad person that I am I'd rather she stay dead...hey don't judge)

• Love 4

Bruh. When Micheal kept calling Sonny "my father", I wanted to have a Tyra Banks moment and just yell at the tv, like "We were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!" And just do the Richard Sherman face when the Seahawks lost the Super Bowl.

Biscuits and gravy, Stupid Little Shit. Quote Key and Peele, "Biscuits and gravy."

That about sums up GH.

• Love 9

Poor Silas.

I ain't got time to feel for Silas, we all got problems! He was boring me long before Nina showed up, and he's responsible for unleashing her upon us. Maybe he could've tried (unsuccessfully) to defuse the bomb, like John McBain!

• Love 7

Hahaha, oh, trust, Cattitude, I was laughing so hard at Patrick. And there's still something about him saying "You almost killed Emma's father!" or whatever that was utterly laughable. Can I hope that he was referring to another man!? Rewrite it, Ron!

Kitty Redstone, people ask me why I keep watching, too. I explain it's like having a family member that you can't stand, but are obligated to see.

• Love 3

Sonny saves the day (in a moment that actually was extremely similar to one from the 1960s "Batman" movie).

Welcome to the Hellmouth.

Some Days You Just Can't Get Rid Of A Bomb

LOL, I thought it was just me.  I was looking for a group of nuns to further hinder the removal of the bomb.  hee hee.

• Love 2