Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think Alexis looks fantastic, and as long as she looks good and can turn some heads, i say go for it.

If it were a cocktail party, fine. But she has half her bust hanging out while working.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

I have no ability to care what happens to Ric. Like, at all.

Is he the 7th or the 8th person to get kidnapped this year (not even counting the babies or embryos)? I've honestly lost track.

That's the only way Ron knows how to keep people off-screen. Kidnappings and/or helping with the mayoral election recount.

I will make the recount a thing.

• Love 2

That's the only way Ron knows how to keep people off-screen. Kidnappings and/or helping with the mayoral election recount.

Hey, he did have that stretch of "realism" back when he kept AJ in jail offscreen for four months or whatever it was!   </snicker> 

(I'm surprised he didn't send AJ to a fat farm.)

• Love 1

I will make the recount a thing.

Maybe they have to restart the recount each time someone gets kidnapped.  It could be a drinking game.  Although with this show, I don't think I need any help in that department....

• Love 3

Maybe they have to restart the recount each time someone gets kidnapped.  It could be a drinking game.  Although with this show, I don't think I need any help in that department....

Since it is Felicia I suspect they have to restart the recount after they run out of fingers and toes...oy it may be awhile.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Hey, he did have that stretch of "realism" back when he kept AJ in jail offscreen for four months or whatever it was! </snicker>

(I'm surprised he didn't send AJ to a fat farm.)

If only Sonny, Franco, Nina, Ava, etc, could go to jail off-screen forever.

• Love 1

Why isn't GH on? Those hateful bitches of the View are on my TV, and Carly is all the hateful bitch I can stand (and even that's a stretch.)...as ABC trying to get me to appreciate her more?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

Turned on GH at 3:00 today and The View came on --- caption at the bottom said GH will be back with it's regaulr episode on Monday ----- WTF?  My guide is still showing a new epi of GH for today.....

• Love 1

The presidential speech ran long, so it was decided to pre-empt GH nationwide and show today's episode on Monday (Christmas Eve, which was originally scheduled to be a repeat, will instead be a new episode so everything will stay caught up).

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 1

Re Alexis: I agree that her cleavage pushes the boundaries of appropriate, but the two things that really drive me up the wall are her hair and eyes. Her hair never looks good, imo, but yesterday was a new low with those extra-long stringy bangs. And her eye makeup was jarringly bad. I mean, I did better eye makeup as a teenager, and I SUCK at makeup application! (That's why I don't wear it anymore.)

• Love 6
This is why KMc just needs to leave the show and not keep coming back.

The fault doesn't lie with KMc, it lies with Ron not wanting to write out Robin.

It would work better for me if Liz, Alexis, and Molly were pleading for Sonny to give in. I just don't buy Sonny would do this for Ric.

Molly, especially, would be really effective, I think. Liz and Sonny don't have much of a relationship, and Alexis and Sonny are bogged down with their own ish. Also, I think HP and MB are always really nice together.

• Love 5

The fault doesn't lie with KMc, it lies with Ron not wanting to write out Robin.

I think some fans think that if KMc just told Ron and Frank she's done for good, they'll write her out or recast.

But, IMO, I think after someone has been on and off a show since they were SEVEN years old and they are now 36, it's kinda a whole different animal.

And that's all I'll say about that. Lol.

• Love 4

There's a middle road option, where they write Robin as moving to a neighboring town with Emma and she drops by when Kim is available to help with some medical crisis and look yearningly at Patrick (and the couple splits amicably but the potential for reunion when JT quits is there). Split custody of the kid, obvi.

They should've just had Robin not be able to deal with Sobby having Patty's baby or just wanting to get out of PC and start fresh after her ordeal.

What they're doing now works for nobody.

And I get that Anna and Mac et al also look uncaring in this, but Patty has had more info the whole time and is the one going around town whining and being "mad" at Robin. So Patrick is not exactly a romantic hero at this point and JT just gets shit writing to work with.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7

So Patrick is not exactly a romantic hero at this point

This is my thing. He will never be a romantic anything to Robin in a believable way. So why should the character even be tied to him at this point? Let Robin let go of him and not be in captivity and then POOF, it won't matter what KMc's schedule is. Patrick will be free to do whatever he pleases without being held to a humanity standard with regards to Robin.

• Love 1

Well, I'll say this about GENERAL HOSPITAL  - even at it's worst, , it's still light years better than THE VIEW (and this is from a fan of both Whoopie and Rosie).

Maybe this will inspire another of Ron's dream sequences where Ava, Carly, Maxie, Lucy and Dr. O are the hosts of a daytime talk show.

• Love 4

Well, I'll say this about GENERAL HOSPITAL  - even at it's worst, , it's still light years better than THE VIEW (and this is from a fan of both Whoopie and Rosie).

Maybe this will inspire another of Ron's dream sequences where Ava, Carly, Maxie, Lucy and Dr. O are the hosts of a daytime talk show.

Five wimmins, with five unique points of view . . . A murderer, a bitch, an idiot, a shrew, and a complete psychopath . . . Doop-dootle-lee-doo, here comes The View!

• Love 4

I hated the catfight between Sam and Liz, but the irony was great. Sam has no ground on which to stand, but she never has had a real sense of her own hypocrisy. Liz is wrong believing that Jake would never hurt anybody, but she senses he is a good guy. Wasn't that always the idiotic Guza way of whitewashing what he and Sonny did? That they only hurt the guys that were more evil than they were? OTOH Sam recognized Jake in the blow-up by his eyes? Shouldn't she have recognized his eyes as Jason's? Does Sam "know" on some level that Jake is Jason, but she can't believe it because she now knows Jason is most "sincerely dead"? Was her cattiness with Liz (and maybe Liz's with her) more of their basic jealousy with one another over Jason? Do they both know on some level that Jake is Jason?

Or is it just Ron going back to square one in the Jason Wars? UGH!

Re-Ron rides again.The man, JAke  is a killer for hire.! WTH are they arguing about ?He is not worth the shit under their shoes, and FAison is evil ? not because he took Robin, branwashed Lucky has tortured Anna, but because he didn't give Jason a chance to kill him and shot him in the back? personally that was the ONLY time I rooted for Faison ,  when he kicked him in he water I actually cheered.Now its back from the dead . gag me.enough.I actually rooted for BIlly Miller on Y&R over Victor who wouldn't.But that show is just as bad as this one Wash ,rinse, and repeat. Doesn't Ron know plagurism is againt the law. Who did he go to law school with Obma?

• Love 1

My dark horse suspect for Nathan's father (a storyline the show seems to have completely forgotten about...Faison didn't even ask who it was) is Mikkos  so he could still end up being a Cassadine.

Wasn't Mikkos, like, a thousand years old when he died? For all the jokes about how ancient Helena is, Mikkos was at least her age if not older.

This is why KMc just needs to leave the show and not keep coming back.  Patrick and Anna can't remain in limbo wringing their hands over Robin when she's around and then trying to move on with their lives when she's not.  I don't think Patrick or Anna needs to feel guilty about not knowing about Robin because it's just a plot point to keep allowing KMc to leave and return every other month.  She needs to just rip off the band-aid and leave PC for good.  Otherwise, it makes Patrick, Anna, Maxie, Mac and everyone else who loves her look like they don't care, and how can they when Robin keeps leaving?   I give Patrick (and Anna) a total pass.

dubbel zout already said it, but KMc's presence or absence isn't what makes this storyline suck. Ron has the option to write something that isn't utterly ridiculous, and he rejects that in favor of what we're getting. That's because he's a hack, which has nothing to do with her. If Kimberly was around, the storyline would just actually include her, it wouldn't be any better, IMO.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

Word to what Cobalt Stargazer just said. It's the same thing as how the explanations of why Luke is not around during TG's many days of vacation are always half-assed: the writers are too lazy, or just don't care, to write something that makes sense.

I really love the friendship between Anna and Jordan. It's so refreshing to see two women respect eachother and have eachother's backs, especially in contrast to the ridiculousness of Sam and Liz. I could see the smugness from both of them, even on FF. Maxie and Lulu used to be that, until it was ruined with the Baby storyline, but they seem to be getting on track too.

• Love 8

I'm not sure if anyone else caught Friday's episode already so I am going to spoiler tag the part of my post that refers to it. 

I actually didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Though much of that had to do with Sam and Julian actually having a civil conversation which even led to them coming to terms with his mobster status and remaining in her and Danny's lives despite.

I also liked how Julian dealt with Sam's little quip about him being a "good mobster"; he knows he doesn't qualify as being a "good man" based on his line of work and his past and he's never claimed otherwise, he just wants to try and be a decent father and grandfather as much as possible. 

Though I would love it if someone asked Sam how she was going to explain to Danny what a "good mobster hit-man" his old man was and why he got to live above the law and do very bad things and get away with them and somehow that was all okay just because he was Jason. But I was still able to overlook that, well somewhat, because she didn't flip out on Julian about Faison, supposedly, being his boss and all that shittiness.

If she actually had gone after him for that...I just can't go there, the rage would be too great.

So Morgan wasn't the father. I figured as much with Ron seemingly putting Morgan back with Kiki, too many crossed wires. I'll actually say that I thought Bryan did a half decent job playing the brokenhearted Morgan, at least until the scenes where Morgan and Kiki were alone.

The kiss...no words. Too horrified.

How nice of Carly to already begin plotting how to use the baby's paternal status to her advantage. At least she has no rights to the kid, being the grandmother and all, so there might be hope if someone would take the kid from Kiki and Morgan that she won't get to influence her in any way, and really they aught to, they really really should.

At least the SERIAL KILLER got locked up. Of course they played the insanity card with the Nina, but really Ron can't think she has a future left now. He wrote her into a corner, though I wouldn't put it past him to still have her escape from the hospital and attempt to steal the baby again while Ava somehow gets out herself to do the same...

I thought the actor playing Franco's lawyer did a pretty good job, performing as a competent lawyer who was neither scared of nor impressed by him . He wasn't taking shit from him but of course that freak, as usual, had to do things his way.

However, the way the judge shut his lying, not crazy, sorry ass down by telling him he didn't get to have it both ways, that either his brain tumour made him do terrible things or he's just a piece of human trash criminal, that was a thing of beauty. Whomever wrote that scene I want to give a gold star to. Even if it is Ron...

I won't get into how much I thought Roger, as usual, overacted, and badly so, during his scenes.

Jordan might as well have been roaming around the gallery on a bullhorn, honestly doesn't that place have a backroom where one could make incriminating phone calls? And seeing her teamed up with Shawn yet again...really? Julian better not get blamed for this.

Why was Carrrrlos the only one guarding Ric though? The place should have been crawling with armed men. I swear nothing Ron writes about the mob ever makes sense to me. Then again hardly anything Ron ever writes does.

So all that build up regarding Maxie's custody battle, the court scenes, etc, and yet all it takes is a short phone call from Nathan to whomever and poof, the judge reverses his ruling and Maxie gets a "Christmas Miracle".

If it wasn't so idiotic and insulting I might find it funny how this show erodes its' own, supposed, "storytelling" by having things drag on for weeks, for months, and then in five minutes it all gets wrapped up and it seems so pointless and stupid that they wasted so much time on something that never mattered obviously in the first place and forced us to endure the pointless awfulness for so long.

I really love the friendship between Anna and Jordan. It's so refreshing to see two women respect eachother and have eachother's backs

Well so far they don't have a man to fight over which apparently in Ron's world is the tipping point.

"Women can be friends or friendly unless a male is desired by one or both and then all catty hell breaks loose": as quoted from the book "A Million and One Ways to Kill a Soap" which I do believe Ron keeps at his bedside.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7
"Women can be friends or friendly unless a male is desired by one or both and then all catty hell breaks loose": as quoted from the book "A Million and One Ways to Kill a Soap" which I do believe Ron keeps at his bedside.

He probably keeps a copy in the bathroom and listens to the abridged version in his car. 

• Love 4

Of course, Sonny is the baby's father. Gross

As for the rest of it... Now I know I can skip it on Monday plus my pupils will be dilated (eye appointment that afternoon) so I won't be able to see much of it anyway. 

Just catching up on the weeks worth of shows, Ava had me cracking up in the jail in her scenes with Nina. MW really can spin shit into gold.  I also enjoyed seeing that seriously cutest baby on tv ever.  Though I hate Carly, LW's warmth as a mom really comes through and enjoyed those scenes as well. CD continues to kill it being a scorned Michael.

On to the Maxie trial, goodness I hate that judge he is the worst ever, Maxie isn't perfect but damn if this isn't the stupidest most contrived bullshyt to keep her from her child. They seriously couldn't come up with anything better than that? At least it gives KSt something to do. 

OH show you bring Johnny back and put him in a story line with Sonny?!

Didn't mind the Samiz scenes, they both have interesting points though they sure were catty about it. I continue to enjoy BM as Jakeson goodness there is life in him it's great to see.

I'm enjoying Olivia for the first time ever even if her story is juvenile, LLC is positively glowing these days!

And just because it needs to be said STFU Kiki

• Love 2

I'm enjoying Olivia for the first time ever even if her story is juvenile, LLC is positively glowing these days!

Most of the storylines written for the females on the show have them behaving like children, idiots or a combination of the two which is infuriating. 

• Love 3

He probably keeps a copy in the bathroom and listens to the abridged version in his car. 

And keeps it handy on set by having it uploaded on a audio player, just for those "rare" moments he's in need of sudden inspiration.

Which is narrated by Nelson Branco.

Stephen Fry or no dice, heh.

Of course, Sonny is the baby's father. Gross

As for the rest of it... Now I know I can skip it on Monday plus my pupils will be dilated (eye appointment that afternoon) so I won't be able to see much of it anyway. 

Yeah, Sonny gets yet another offspring, and a girl to boot, to ignore/mistreat/use/lie to/take advantage of/forget exists. How joyous eh?

And then Carly began to immediately twirl her evil lady 'stache as she started to plot what to do with the information. She's just as sick as Franco and the Nina.

She even commented to Silas that she thought it was "for the best" that the baby was Sonny's to which Silas gave one of his patented "Do I really look like I give any shits at all about this?" stares before then politely excusing himself to get away from the horrible person in front of him.

Although if there ever was a time for Ron to pull one of his stupid fake-outs in a storyline it'd be now.

The test merely confirmed that Carly isn't related to the baby, thank the good lord, meaning Morgan couldn't be the father, but perhaps Sonny isn't either. Maybe Ava tricked them all and the father is a complete unknown, at least for now.

That chubby cheeked angel does not deserve to be related to such filth as Sonny in any way, shape or form.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Yeah, Sonny gets yet another offspring, and a girl to boot, to ignore/mistreat/use/lie to/take advantage of/forget exists. How joyous eh?

And then Carly began to immediately twirl her evil lady 'stache as she started to plot what to do with the information. She's just as sick as Franco and the Nina.

She even commented to Silas that she thought it was "for the best" that the baby was Sonny's to which Silas gave one of his patented "Do I really look like I give any shits at all about this?" stares before then politely excusing himself to get away from the horrible person in front of him.

Christ on a cracker. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 2

CPP83,

so basically Franco goes to prison because the judge doesn't buy the tumor excuse?

Oh she didn't just not buy it, LeftPhalange, she tore him about three new assholes over the very idea that he would be allowed to plead crazy in her courtroom after all the shit he'd pulled previously. It was delightful I must say.

Sadly I think Scott, who was there, tried to get Franco a good deal by letting his lawyer pull out the "not guilty by reason of insanity" defense which meant Franco would get sent to the same mental hospital as the Nina did and not prison.

But the judge immediately stepped in and it was on. Franco attempted to "play crazy", which imo was just Roger acting even worse than usual with jazz hands but that only served to infuriate/disgust her more.

Christ on a cracker.

I know, it really just...there's no level too low for her. She has no conscious, none at all. Life is a game to her and she only cares most about winning, whatever it takes, whomever she has to screw over, she is going to come out on top.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1
I know, it really just...there's no level too low for her. She has no conscious, none at all. Life is a game to her and she only cares most about winning, whatever it takes, whomever she has to screw over, she is going to come out on top.

So basically, there's No Upper Level To Carly Hate, and No Lower Level For Carly Herself. There's an acronym that needs to catch on.

• Love 5

Oh please. Presidential speech on one hand, the View on the other? Sounds like a lose/lose to me.

Not that TFGH is any better....

I found it mildly amusing that where i am, they interrupted the end of the presidential speech with local new of a police shooting.  Maybe a case of preemptions gone wild? 

• Love 3

This is my thing. He will never be a romantic anything to Robin in a believable way. So why should the character even be tied to him at this point? Let Robin let go of him and not be in captivity and then POOF, it won't matter what KMc's schedule is. Patrick will be free to do whatever he pleases without being held to a humanity standard with regards to Robin.

This needs to be posted 100 times and nailed to Ron's front door.  I have only been watching less than a year and this is exactly what I keep saying.  Why does Robin have to be kidnapped or in danger - just divorced, living in a different town with occasional visits, if that's what they want.  I resent Anna and Patrick looking stupid as if they don't know or care that Robin is in trouble - it's just silly.

• Love 4
There's a middle road option, where they write Robin as moving to a neighboring town with Emma and she drops by when Kim is available to help with some medical crisis and look yearningly at Patrick (and the couple splits amicably but the potential for reunion when JT quits is there). Split custody of the kid, obvi.

Ron chastised an idea like that in an interview with Logan (I think), where he said he wasn't "interested" in that.  Made it out like it was beneath him to not write some fantastical story like Jason's alive! and Robin chooses to save him!

The thing is -- fantastical ideas are easy. Faison's wearing a mask! Franco's free because it's a tumor! Helena's back from the dead! Heck, [insert any random villain] is back from the dead! Jerry has a toxic poison and the entire city is going to die! The hard part? Making them believable. And Ron thinks that foundational plotting is beneath him as well. 

He tells the audience what we're supposed to believe rather than gauging us and making his best guess as to what we will believe. He actually said that he was peeved at us for not accepting that Carly would write off Franco's crimes against her family because of the tumor. He said (though I paraphrase from memory): "I told them it was the tumor. Like it or not, they have to accept that the tumor is a legitimate excuse for not holding someone accountable for their crimes."

Yeah, except no.  We, the audience, have the right to say, "No, I don't accept that." He dismissed that as bias.  I call it being an audience.  One doesn't have to be biased to see bullshit served up on a golden platter and say, "that's bullshit."  One can even be biased (be a ride-or-die Jason and Sam fan or Elizabeth fan or Julexis fan) and still see -- and smell -- bullshit presented on a gold platter.  Being a fan of a character or couple doesn't nullify the right to be insulted by lazy plots and lazy plot points.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 17

He actually said that he was peeved at us for not accepting that Carly would write off Franco's crimes against her family because of the tumor. He said (though I paraphrase from memory): "I told them it was the tumor. Like it or not, they have to accept that the tumor is a legitimate excuse for not holding someone accountable for their crimes."

Things like this induce blackout rages in me. Because it was HIS WRITING that had Franco threatening Ava's life almost as soon as he woke up from his tumor surgery. So, he set himself up for the audience's disbelief.  GRRRR. The stupid does burn.

• Love 1