Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I blacked out for everything else, but did note the day player with Dante was pretty good.

I don't know where the hell they dug him up considering all the absolutely godawful stand-ins they've had of late, but now I can't help but think that he might have been a worthwhile addition to the show.

I mean they wasted this guy on being a boat caption? He can act and he was easy on the eyes, as long as they didn't make him related to Franco/and or the Nina he could have been anyone.

Well, or Sonny, no more Sonny spawns please.

Ahem! (Watch, if they did that, they would just make Franco his dad and have him marry Nina)

Dominic would have to just quit because he'd never be able to shoot any scenes with a straight face and would laugh the whole time.

Because no one else in town is exactly a brain trust either?

Truer words. Really these people are lucky to cross roads by themselves without becoming human roadkill.

• Love 1

So Jake hears that someone's "dad" (the someone he met as many times as Carly) killed by their bio-dad and he feels sorry for Carly??

Yeah, he needed to stay dead.

Regarding the Metro Court - I keep reading about people commenting on the gray and I'm only now starting to notice it and with the MetroCourt redo I think the boards are being trolled.  That was a waste of time re-do.  If they were going to be bothered they should have just used the set and made it a night club.

• Love 2

I FF all of Franco and Nina's scenes, maybe I should reconsider for the baby? Nah. I'll youtube adorable babies if instead.

I am just glad we got some Sam/Jakeson scenes without Liz breathing down his neck. 

Is this their first scenes alone since Billy started? 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1
I mean they wasted this guy on being a boat caption? He can act and he was easy on the eyes, as long as they didn't make him related to Franco/and or the Nina he could have been anyone.

If Ron gets wind of people liking this guy, I can almost guarantee he'd be the next Robert Ford and he would absolutely be related to Franco and/or Nina.  Any time Ron hears viewers liked a limited role actor/character, he manages to muck it up in the worst way. 

• Love 1

So Jake hears that someone's "dad" (the someone he met as many times as Carly) killed by their bio-dad and he feels sorry for Carly??

Yeah, he needed to stay dead.

Regarding the Metro Court - I keep reading about people commenting on the gray and I'm only now starting to notice it and with the MetroCourt redo I think the boards are being trolled.  That was a waste of time re-do.  If they were going to be bothered they should have just used the set and made it a night club.

I guess even with his brain basically turned to soup it still doesn't kill the Jason and Carly's "love connection". It's really so nauseating.

I was in full belief that Ron was going to reconnect Carly and Jason but to go about in this way, it's starting off even worse than I thought it might.

They're making it appear that after just one meeting he still hasn't forgotten the "good vibrations" he felt about her, GTFO with that nonsense.

I had no clue what the set was supposed to be at first, I thought they had created a new restaurant or something.

Why do I have a feeling that the hospital's surgical room was axed for one of these current and useless new sets.

If Ron gets wind of people liking this guy, I can almost guarantee he'd be the next Robert Ford and he would absolutely be related to Franco and/or Nina.  Any time Ron hears viewers liked a limited role actor/character, he manages to muck it up in the worst way.

So sad and yet so very true. Hell he might make him related to notLuke too, just to rub the salt in deeper.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Anyone know the name of the actor playing the boat captain?

ETA: on another casting note, I want Frank to snag that vaguely Asian dude on DOOL. He can be a Brad relative or even a recast Morgan; just say Durant had Asian heritage or whatever.

My favorite soap baby remains Sierra Rose from OLTL, who was super smushy and big-cheeked and was super cute with Scott Evans/Brett Claywell and clearly hated Farah Fath, which made me smile.

I'm a fan of any man, woman or child that hates Farah Fath!

If she were ever cast on the show, it would definitely 'break the spell'.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

What's with the Jaws shout out?

Oh God .... yet another one?

Where's an emoji of a beaten horse when I need one?

Regarding the Metro Court - I keep reading about people commenting on the gray and I'm only now starting to notice it and with the MetroCourt redo I think the boards are being trolled.  That was a waste of time re-do.  If they were going to be bothered they should have just used the set and made it a night club.

I wonder if all the gray walls have anything to do with the lighting and trying to keep costs down. If everything's monochromatic, there's less time needed to measure and set the light. I dunno.  I'm just trying to find a decent explanation for making the sets so boring.

Ahem! (Watch, if they did that, they would just make Franco his dad and have him marry Nina)

You know, that would serve to make Dante's torrid affair with Anna even hotter! [Looking for the bright lining]

Anna's affair with Dante, and letting Nathan join in once in a while, is truly the only thing keeping me going on this show.

• Love 1

Oh come on now, Francie!

You know on the days we don't see Anna, and courtesy of the Port Charles Wormholes, that Anna and Robert are making love/sexing it up/snuggling and cuddling, while...

Anna is also spending time with Ric, Julian, McBain, etc :)

Piping in on my love for that little smile the baby gave to Ava. OMGAdorable!  I will always have a soft spot for the twins who played Baby Liam on OLTL too. They were a nice combination of Michael's and Melissa's looks: beautiful like her and with his dark hair.

• Love 2

Morgan is just like my shingles rash: somewhat painful, ugly as hell (attitude) and extremely annoying. I still can't believe he is all just fine and understanding and sorry that he had to go through this with Sonny shooting AJ, yet Ava deserves to pay? STFU, Morgan. I just can't with his hypocritical BS and smug, especially with his smuggier twin, Ms. SmirksALot. Seriously, shut it, you two. I'm getting so damnclose to heading for the barge.

Aside from Baby Girl Jerome being adorable with Ava and smiling at her (as opposed to screaming and crying to get away from Nina), I don't have much else for this ep. Mostly filler. Liked Dante getting his bad cop on with the ferry guy.

• Love 3

Yes indeed. 

Things like this is why I don't see Jasam being endgame. They are not as set in stone as the unholy trio, S&C&J are. Those will remain tight no matter what. Jason is already on Carly's side, feeling sorry for her. 

He is going to team up with Michael against S&C when hell freezes over. 

Thank goodness Michael hasn't completely lost his brain. I have zero tolerance for the Tony Geary Vanity Project Plotline at this point.

I just wanna shoot this post through the shoulder while Faison is madly paddling us into international waters with Muttah in hot pursuit!

This show is becoming Tony Geary in the Funhouse mirrors of his own Ego.

• Love 6

Morgan is just like my shingles rash: somewhat painful, ugly as hell (attitude) and extremely annoying. I still can't believe he is all just fine and understanding and sorry that he had to go through this with Sonny shooting AJ, yet Ava deserves to pay? STFU, Morgan. I just can't with his hypocritical BS and smug, especially with his smuggier twin, Ms. SmirksALot. Seriously, shut it, you two. I'm getting so damnclose to heading for the barge.

Good description.  And Kiki feels like a failed Activia Challenge.  Last week I had the audacity to post how happy I was that it looked like we wouldn't be seeing NOTDelia or the BYGODNOTRyan's Hope set.  And then, to punish us, there those abominations were again today.  I love Ilene Kristen, don't get me wrong.  But she's forgotten how to portray Delia after all these years and is instead giving us a Roxy Balsom impression.  Even more than that, though, I detest that Ryan's Hope has been dragged into this mess. 

I'd like to see Maeve come out of the kitchen, guns blazing and just take 'em all out.  And then sing Danny Boy.

What does Carly expect Sonny to do? Cry? Say he can't believe the other prisoners are so mean? Beg the cop to ask the other men not to hit him? 

Since FakeLuke likes Fluke, I'm back to calling him FakeLuke.

Thank goodness Michael hasn't completely lost his brain. I have zero tolerance for the Tony Geary Vanity Project Plotline at this point.

I don't know what Carly's problem is, anyway.  Personally, I don't think Sonny has ever looked better.  At least he is now resembling the Sonny I have often pictured in my head - except he's still breathing and there are no obvious maggots.  Obvious ones....

It seems it doesn't matter what Geary does, what storyline he's in, I still hate him.  I was underwhelmed by Luke the first time around with Laura and he's been just as lackluster ever since.  BUT, I do think his skills have gotten worse in direct proportion to his enlarging head.

• Love 8

How pathetic is Carly in the previews? "You're breaking up with me?" God, just shut up and save yourself the embarrassment, Snarls.

And how can they break up when they're not together?  Last I checked, she got her ass dumped at the alter.  I don't remember Sonny asking her to go steady.

• Love 7

I'm invested in Carly getting therapy and being single. For a long time. Unless it's hook ups with Shawn to stop her from polluting Billy Miller and keeping Shawn from Jordan.

I'm digging Sam and Jason now. He talks to her now- not at her nor her breasts, like a certain doctor. Right now, there's no "I saved your kid, and I haz crazy wife and murderous ex lover and annoying doctor" like the other doctor. There's just a very pretty lady and a very hot guy that spark like a mofo. I haven't seen that in a long time.

• Love 4

I'm digging Sam and Jason now. He talks to her now- not at her nor her breasts, like a certain doctor. Right now, there's no "I saved your kid, and I haz crazy wife and murderous ex lover and annoying doctor" like the other doctor. There's just a very pretty lady and a very hot guy that spark like a mofo. I haven't seen that in a long time.

I had to think for a minute if you were talking about Silas or Patrick. LOL.

• Love 1

I felt the way Billy Miller played Jason today was great..The way he was talking to Sam in an interested, intrigued and engaged demeanor was an unexpected surprise today. 

I also loved the little trinkets between Silas and Ava today, especially the scene at the restaurant where they realized they were on the same lead as Kiwi and Mundungus. Ava and Silas both turned and looked at each other and Ava gave the cutest smile when they did it. It just made me smile..

I liked Dante as the confident police officer doing his job..

• Love 3

In some of his scenes today, Sonny reminded me of a whining two year old.

Doesn't he ALWAYS come across this way? ;)

(Sorry, it's late and I'm weak. Resistance is futile.)

• Love 6

Carson are still nasty, even if a plane of glass separates them.

That baby is so cute. She really likes RoHo

I am still dying on the inside that this Fluke shit isnt over. Can't someone talk about something private that only the real Luke would know just to test this one. The stupidity- it burns.

• Love 4

So, today's show....

The baby was cute...

This. I'd add the gray and dark wood makes the MC look smaller and this Luke/FakeLuke shit needs to end. When was the last time Luke worked an actual job? When was the last time he gave a damn about what people thought of him? He sure didn't give a damn about killing a toddler by driving over his body while drunk. Want to improve your image, stop drinking alcohol you asshole.

KA is horrible and BC is stuck with her big potato head until they pair her back up with Michael.

I had more to say than I thought considering the show was a boring hot mess.

• Love 1
I am still dying on the inside that this Fluke shit isnt over. Can't someone talk about something private that only the real Luke would know just to test this one. The stupidity- it burns.

Or they could just do a DNA test. The very idea that no one has suggested it is just...Ron really wants this shit to work for him and he doesn't care about how idiotic everything is.

I also loved the little trinkets between Silas and Ava today, especially the scene at the restaurant where they realized they were on the same lead as Kiwi and Mundungus. Ava and Silas both turned and looked at each other and Ava gave the cutest smile when they did it. It just made me smile..

I thought that was cute too, an unscripted moment between Michael and Maura from the looks of it. 

I had to think for a minute if you were talking about Silas or Patrick. LOL.

I meant to say daughter. My bad. One of the coolest parts of last week was Sam wailing on Pat and flat out saying screw your apology. That's how I read "screw sorry." I was actually talking about both.

But I'd choose Silas. I'd also choose an armadillo over Patrick the past couple of years.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1

Who was the boat caption actor? He wasn't half bad. 

He was pretty darn good! Hope he gets another day or two of work out of the positive feedback he's been getting. 

What's with the Jaws shout out?

At least it wasn't a fucking Golden Girls one. 

So, today's show....

The baby was cute...

They should let Day Player Hipster Boat Captain hold her next! See what happens! 

• Love 2

I was really surprise the baby was so good most of the time after reading around here. She fussed for about a second. shrugs. Nina had to hold her longer than anyone while hiding behind the door and not one peep. whatever.

Sorry but in what world is it okay for Ava to running around free but Sonny deserves worse than prison?

I don't mind Jakson, but BM was totally Billy Abbott with Sam and so I just can't get into Jason, it is like Billy Abbott moved to PC. I've seen BM be dark and so I know he is capable of range outside of lovable screwup.

Even though Sonny and Carly are getting their just desserts right now ... I completely resent the fact that they are the only ones in a story that makes any kind of damn sense right now.

While Robin who used to be and should be one of the most realistic of characters, is stuck getting kidnapped and raising people from the dead. Not even soap opera presumed dead, actual dead people.

I can't get on board with bashing the PCPD at this point. It's them against the world on a show that focuses everything on making sure the villains get away so they can do the same fucking things over and over. The unkillable murderous villains have taken over the WSB and the hospital. No prison or sanitarium can hold these people. The FBI loses people from witness protection and then blames Anna. Village idiots like Lucy think covering up a murder is a small mistake and everyone still loves Jason the friendly hitman. Ridiculous.

• Love 9

Yah I didn't find anything satisfying in Sam the incompetent PI ragging on the PCPD, like she is some wonderous crime solver herself.

I find any of them being smug or self righteous to be a joke b/c none of them are any better than the other.

• Love 3

Yah I didn't find anything satisfying in Sam the incompetent PI ragging on the PCPD, like she is some wonderous crime solver herself.

True, since she was having Spinelli do her work yesterday. But that brings up a question for me. I remember that after some injury or accident Spinelli lost his hacker skills and was relying on "friends of Spinelli" or "friends of the Jackal" to do a lot of his cyber sleuthing for him. When Sam called him the best hacker in the world yesterday, I was confused. Did I miss something (Spinelli being healed), or is this just another thing that the writing staff has forgotten?

• Love 1
Sorry but in what world is it okay for Ava to running around free but Sonny deserves worse than prison?

My world. Particularly Sonny would have happily murdered Ava after letting her incubate his child and/or grandchild.

Colbalt, Cattitude has only been watching since May so she's missed Sonny's greatest hits. :)

Cattitude, I'll share some of Sonny's finest moments over in the history thread (anyone who wants to help me out, please do). Although you're probably right in that Sonny is not as annoying as Victor Newman!

• Love 2

As stoopid as the residents of Port Charles are, they are geniuses compared to the residents of Storybrooke and Nashville.

I'll share some of Sonny's finest moments over in the history thread (anyone who wants to help me out, please do). Although you're probably right in that Sonny is not as annoying as Victor Newman!

My favorite Sonny moment ever will always be when he told Luis or Roy "I'll die before I let you make Carly a widow."

A close second was when he literally took 35 minutes to dial "9-1-1" as Kannie bleed out.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
I can't get on board with bashing the PCPD at this point. It's them against the world on a show that focuses everything on making sure the villains get away so they can do the same fucking things over and over. The unkillable murderous villains have taken over the WSB and the hospital. No prison or sanitarium can hold these people. The FBI loses people from witness protection and then blames Anna. Village idiots like Lucy think covering up a murder is a small mistake and everyone still loves Jason the friendly hitman. Ridiculous.

I love you. Marry me.  Or at least let me stick you in a tree.

• Love 6

Yup. And like I said before . . . no one on this show is really solving anything.

And so far Sonny has managed to stay in prison for . . . what, 3 weeks? That's a PCPD best!

I always assume the PCPD solves cases in off-screenland, much like Lulu is working in off-screen and Scott actually successfully prosecutes people in off-screen and Michael is doing whatever he does to make ELQ the most successful it's been since 1982 in off-screenland.

• Love 2
They should let Day Player Hipster Boat Captain hold her next! See what happens!

Since the baby's current choices for a father are Sonny "I bring all the boys to the yard to kick my ass" and Morgan "It hurts when I think" Corinthos maybe the captain can be the father.

• Love 4