Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, wait, I just remembered Nelle found that creepy memorial FB-esque page for Morgan.  I'm sure "HE LOVED PENGUINS!" was noted there.

I would have also enjoyed seeing Carly freaking out over a signed picture from Sidney Crosby.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I would have also enjoyed seeing Carly freaking out over a signed picture from Sidney Crosby.

How dare you? Morgan loved Sidney Crosby! The only thing better would have been Sidney's face on the penguins bodies.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Lucy accosted his privacy in a totally unacceptable way

So gross we're supposed to find that and Lucy drooling over Chase amusing. And Dante is a douche to mislead Chase about the Nurses Ball.

STFU, Joss. Ugh. Even if Avery were your sister, you don't outrank her mother.

I had to FF the baby shower until the big Penguin Reveal. Way too mannered, what with all the glaring and stilted dialogue.

"Max and I were just talking business, what did you hear?" "What you were talking about." LOL. Now I desperately want Mike to go around town dropping truth bombs, and no one can do anything because of his Alzheimer's.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling; oof
  • Love 9

At least Lucy's hair looked awesome.  There were a few times this year that it was too long or colored in one flat shade.  It looked really bad when she was showing HayFinn the new house.

Whatever happened to the baby blanket Nelle knitted? She stuffed it in her handbag at the art gallery. I thought it was going to set Carly (although, I don’t why) off? Maybe, it’s a future plot device. I thought the gift Ava “gave” Nelle was going to be something more that the viewers/fans would recognize. The rather large and ugly mobile left me confused. I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Max and I were just talking business, what did you hear?" "What you were talking about." LOL. Now I desperately want Mike to go around town dropping truth bombs, and no one can do anything because of his Alzheimer's.

I knew it! I knew it! Sonny is feeling so guilty that Mike knows something about mob business that he made it worse by asking his mob buddies over for a consult where Mike overheard more info. If Sonny is distracted like that, he will neglect Carly and make her even more crazy.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Whatever happened to the baby blanket Nelle knitted? She stuffed it in her handbag at the art gallery. I thought it was going to set Carly (although, I don’t why) off? Maybe, it’s a future plot device. I thought the gift Ava “gave” Nelle was going to be something more that the viewers/fans would recognize. The rather large and ugly mobile left me confused. I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t that.

That thing was HUGE!  And anyone who knows Ava knows she wouldn't pick that ugly thing out.

• Love 1

LOL, truly, that was an ugly mobile.  It looked super-cheap, too.  As if Ava would pick out something so pedestrian.

I did crack up at the unintentional hilarity of time seeming to stand still and everyone looking at Carly as they waited for her to explode.  I guess Morgan had a website ILOVEPENGUINS.COM or something, since this everlasting love of penguins seems to be common knowledge around town.

• Love 6
(edited)

Joss was in TEARS. WTF? The whole penguin thing was galactically stupid and came completely out of left field. At least with that blanket we'd seen it before, and I could hand wave that Morgan's baby blanket was similar. That's not a huge leap to make. 

And anyone who knows Ava knows she wouldn't pick that ugly thing out.

I know! If I were Ava, that people would think I deliberately chose it would be more offensive than anything else.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And anyone who knows Ava knows she wouldn't pick that ugly thing out.

That was my biggest problem with that ugly ass mobile.  Are we to believe that Ava who, aside from some questionable hair color choices, has always shown really good style and taste would pick out something so hideous?  I think not.  If I were her I would be offended anyone would believe she actually bought that.

• Love 4

The penguin thing is hysterical. That has got to be the worst gas lighting device for a soap....ever! I've been watching soaps since the 70's and I practically laughed out loud when Laura Wright thew the mobile at the fire place. Too funny!

• Love 4

All Monica wanted was to throw a nice baby shower, and instead she got stuck refereeing these fools who wouldn't know good manners if it came up to them personally and shook their hand. Those scenes were terribly written and repetitive, but Temp! Monica did a great job with her exasperation and outrage. And I'd really like to know the details of Carly's prescription, as she just seems to be popping pills indiscriminately and to no effect.

Amazing, Sonny dug for five seconds before stopping to talk about himself and left Jason to do all the work. If that doesn't sum up the dynamic of their relationship, I don't know what does.

Nelle going down the stairs is so uninspiring and cliché that OF COURSE the show went there. I expected nothing better given that every aspect of this mess, from Nelle's one-note characterization to her unending feud with Carly, has been a tepid exercise of inanity.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Linny said:

And I'd really like to know the details of Carly's prescription, as she just seems to be popping pills indiscriminately and to no effect.

She's taking Prozac, which takes about 6 weeks to be effective.  Carly's taken pills three times(?), so how can she tell Sonny that they are working? 

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Linny said:

All Monica wanted was to throw a nice baby shower, and instead she got stuck refereeing these fools who wouldn't know good manners if it came up to them personally and shook their hand. Those scenes were terribly written and repetitive, but Temp! Monica did a great job with her exasperation and outrage. And I'd really like to know the details of Carly's prescription, as she just seems to be popping pills indiscriminately and to no effect.

Amazing, Sonny dug for five seconds before stopping to talk about himself and left Jason to do all the work. If that doesn't sum up the dynamic of their relationship, I don't know what does.

Nelle going down the stairs is so uninspiring and cliché that OF COURSE the show went there. I expected nothing better given that every aspect of this mess, from Nelle's one-note characterization to her unending feud with Carly, has been a tepid exercise of inanity.

Temp Monica did a great job but I missed seeing "the real" Monica hand Carly her ass.

The matter what he says, the Sonny/Jason relationship has always been and will always be about how Jason can serve Sonny, the business and Sonny's family.

I enjoyed the use of history today.  Years ago, Carly fell down that same staircase when she was pregnant and miscarried.  AJ was on the stairs arguing with her so he was falsely blamed. (Carly had been waving her engagement ring at AJ..  He grabbed her wrist so she would stop and she yanked her hand away. lost her balance and fell down the stairs.)  Having Nelle and Carly arguing at the top of those same stairs and a pregnant Nelle falling down them was a great nod to history.  Carly will be blamed for Nelle's fall like AJ was blamed for her falling and losing Sonny's baby. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9b5s7t4eA

This is the "internet address" for the AJ/Carly clip.  I could not get the link to work but you can copy and paste it onto the google homepage and it will get you to the clip.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Carly will be blamed for Nelle's fall like AJ was blamed for her falling and losing Sonny's baby. 

Except, at the end of the day, Carly will be vindicated and fawned over for being brave and strong and loving with a mother's heart, unlike poor AJ.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, Linny said:

I thought it was pretty funny (and typical Sonny/MB)  that Jason was panting from digging and Sonny was just leaning on his shovel, not offering to help or even telling him to rest. 

13 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I enjoyed the use of history today.  Years ago, Carly fell down that same staircase when she was pregnant and miscarried.  AJ was on the stairs arguing with her so he was falsely blamed. (Carly had lunged at AJ.)  Having Nelle and Carly arguing at the top of those same stairs and a pregnant Nelle falling down them was a great nod to history.  Carly will be blamed for Nelle's fall like AJ was blamed for her falling and losing Sonny's baby. 

I would love to see everyone accusing Carly of pushing Nelle, Carly denying that she pushed her, and then someone reminding Carly of how she accused AJ when he didn't push her, either. 

But I'm afraid I can't have nice things. 

But it was a RoHo-free day, today, so there's that. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
20 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Carly will be blamed for Nelle's fall like AJ was blamed for her falling and losing Sonny's baby. 

Except, at the end of the day, Carly will be vindicated and fawned over for being brave and strong and loving with a mother's heart, unlike poor AJ.

AJ was fat.

I enjoyed the Carly wig-out scenes today.  I was disappointed that she figured out it was Nelle who has been gaslighting her, but it might work out better now.  Nelle is in hospital and Carly will be insisting that Nelle is responsible for everything.  She will look cold and crazy.  I didn't even watch GH back when Carly was first in town or when she and Sonny did all those things to AJ, but I cannot stand the today version of Carly, so anything that takes her down several pegs is great by me.  Of course, in the end she will be the vindicated, but in the meantime Ava will take full advantage of Carly being at a disadvantage.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Linny said:

LOL. What's amazing to me is that Jason never seems to ask himself why he's still doing whatever Sonny tells him to do. Any debts Jason might have had have been more than repaid. Carly will never let him out of her clutches, so it's not as if not working for Sonny would change that. Has there ever been a character with less introspection?

• Love 7
(edited)

I buy my daughter lots of penguin stuff from cards to clothing because penguins were her school's mascot. She's the only person in the world who loves penguins, except for the severe other thousands of people who have gone to that school.

I kinda had fun at the shower today, it was so awful. I liked TempMonica telling Truth Tea to Carly about losing a son and Nelle in the rocking chair with her back to the door kind of reminded me of Laura's wig-on-a-stick days. I even had a brief moment of sympathy for Carly  at no one on her side till she turned into a sanctimonious shrew again.

And Sonny had a flash of self-awareness at what knowing him has done to Jason's life till Jason brushed it off.

I know Peter is doing it for villainous reasons but I agree with him that Sam should back away and leave Aurora to Drew.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, Linny said:

Poor Chase really can't catch a break from these assholes. He's had to take shit from Sonny over how he does his job, his brother won't give him the time of day, Lucy accosted his privacy in a totally unacceptable way, and his partner pimped him out to Lucy and the Nurses' Ball simply for his own amusement. Chase seems like an earnest sweetheart, too, it's too bad nobody recognizes that.

They should totally stop trying to make Michael the junior romantic male lead and give it to Chase instead since the actor is so much better than CD. Although it's a sad thing that there is no young romantic character of either sex among the Quartermain family any more.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

What the heck at Nina and Maxie's dresses.

I haven't seen them yet.  I'm still baffled as to why Nelle wore that hideous striped shirt to her baby shower.   She looked like someone wearing their grubbies to a car wash.

• Love 4

I am beyond disapointed with myself that I didn't see mistairage coming, especially as a nod to Carly's own incident. I just thought Carly was going to have a complete psychotic break and that would be the end of it.

• Love 2

I wish both Nelle and Carly had taken that tumble down the steps. I hope that baby joins Sonny's other children. Lily can take care of that one too. 

So they did end up having only the macaroons at the shower after all. Because yes, I was interested in the food more than I was interested in what people were discussing. 

Joss needs to take a hike.

Jason: You, Carly and Michael are my family.

Me: Someone ought to remind Sam, who has painted a bull's eye on her back, of that. Also, that dress and color looked really good on Kelly.

Anna: Robin is coming with Emma.

Me: Robin, yay! Emma, ugh! I imagine Robin and Peter will get to meet this time.

Sonny takes Jason to dig up a body from 30 years ago. Sonny digs for 30 seconds, then stops, talks talks talks, probably hoping that Jason won't notice that he is the only one digging, because really, who wants to dig 6 feet worth of dirt? Sonny is such a bum and Jason is the biggest idiot who ever lived.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Are we to believe that Ava who, aside from some questionable hair color choices, has always shown really good style and taste would pick out something so hideous?  I think not.  If I were her I would be offended anyone would believe she actually bought that.

Ava would have given the baby some incomprehensible art rendering from one of the local serial killer artistes.

• Love 2

What did Ava do to Olivia? I can't remember.

If Carly's going to be popping pills like candy, shouldn't the drugs be faster acting? Why isn't she on lorazepam (Ativan) or alprazolam (Xanax)? Those will calm her down within a half hour.

I get Monica's desperation to want to be in her great-grandchild's life—she's lost way too many people she loves—but it would be nice if she were a leetle bit more aware of who Nelle really is. Nelle's machinations are SO obvious. I'd at least like a scene where Monica tells Nelle, "Don't mess with me, child. I was scheming long before you were even a zygote."

LOL at everyone exasperated with Brad taking so long to ID the wooden spoon. I also liked all the moms saying "For feeding!" in unison. That was a nice touch.

STFU, Joss. Nelle and Michael making a family with the Quartermaine is hardly the worst thing that could happen.

And this using mental illness—real or fake—as an insult/weapon/item of shame is disgusting.

Ugh, I do NOT want to sit through days of LWB/FS haranguing Anna for giving him up and Anna sobbing and pleading for forgiveness.

"I just want you to know: I'm not taking this for granted." You certainly have taken Jason for granted, Sonny. (Side note: Sonny in a hoodie isn't something I'd ever thought I'd see.) 

Were we supposed to see CL breathing so heavily?

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 1:12 PM, Oracle42 said:

The view of working women and women in general actually seems to be worse under FV than it was with JFP/FRONSPRAGUZA. They're dumber, they've surrendered any type of career ambition and if they have a job, they're either ludicrously underqualified, not actually working, crappy at the job, or some horrible combo.

Think about the mayor stuff alone:

Lomax was corrupt; Felicia actually won but decided she didn't care enough to serve when the truth finally came out; Laura was a great candidate but then the backstage stuff made the character bow out; and then Alexis lost.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, ulkis said:

They could have though! But since Starr could no longer sing montages there they didn't have a use for it anymore.

They really need to keep the Haunted Star around and show it more, if only as a shrine to where Luke spent so much time with the love of his life. (Ethan.) 

• Love 3
On 5/10/2018 at 4:28 PM, Blackie said:

BTW I have been watching Barney Miller reruns, so funny to see young MG.

(Sorry to keep adding new posts without stacking them nicely, but I'm slowly making my way through the last week.)

I have been wondering if Max knew Anthony Geary back in the day, when AG and Ron Glass were a couple. I guess he wouldn't talk about it in interviews, since AG's personal life is verboten. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She killed her cousin Connie. 

She did, but Olivia had already said that before mentioning what was done to her personally.  Back in 2013, she took a sniper's bullet from Ava that was meant for Franco.  It almost killed her.

11 minutes ago, Prin Holmes said:

She did, but Olivia had already said that before mentioning what was done to her personally.  Back in 2013, she took a sniper's bullet from Ava that was meant for Franco.  It almost killed her.

I thought that was Carly who arranged that. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was because Sonny threatened to kill Carly (the love of his life) if Olivia died. Didn't she hire Sean, the world's worst shot, to do the hit?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I thought that was Carly who arranged that. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was because Sonny threatened to kill Carly (the love of his life) if Olivia died. Didn't she hire Sean, the world's worst shot, to do the hit?

Carly did hire Shawn, but he missed by a wide mile.  He hit somewhere else on the terrace.  It was later revealed that Ava had indeed been the one to pull the trigger.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

STFU, Joss. Nelle and Michael making a family with the Quartermaine is hardly the worst thing that could happen.

It is for a Corinthos, which Joss apparently now 100% is. They steal other people's children, they don't lose their own to the real families.

Still, it would be lovely poetic justice is having stolen Michael from the Quartermaines, Carly and Sonny lost his child to them back agian.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Me: Someone ought to remind Sam, who has painted a bull's eye on her back, of that. Also, that dress and color looked really good on Kelly.

Poor stupid Sam, who thinks that she and her children will ever have a part of Jason unless its a part Sonny, Carly and Michael don't want.  Or maybe she doesn't care because hijinks with Jason and Spinelli is so much fun.

I was thinking she looked good in that dress too. Poor Sam, forced to wear attractive, colourful clothes instead of the constant black or grey with too long sleeves.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ava would have given the baby some incomprehensible art rendering from one of the local serial killer artistes.

That reminds me ... why doesn't Ava tell Julian about the duck painting that Brad liked but thought was too expensive?  Julian would probably have bought it for them. If he gave it to them anonymously.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Poor stupid Sam, who thinks that she and her children will ever have a part of Jason unless its a part Sonny, Carly and Michael don't want.  Or maybe she doesn't care because hijinks with Jason and Spinelli is so much fun.

It was a struggle to put on that dress and go to work.  All I know is Sam has been looking so "thrilled" since 'finding herself.'   

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

As far, as Friday cliffhangers go that was a pretty good one. LW & CL did a great job at the top stairs and the stunt woman did the rest. I was surprised that they had Carly firgure it all out so fast what Nelle had been doing. I thought Carly would be long into the funny farm before it was figured out. BTW! Does anyone remember when Alan sort of pushed Monica down the stairs when she was leaving him for Rick? He was holding her arm and she said, “You’re a fool Alan. Now, let me go!” Alan did and there Monica went. LOL!!!! I’ve been watching since about 1978. The good ole days!

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Hater said:

It was a struggle to put on that dress and go to work.  All I know is Sam has been looking so "thrilled" since 'finding herself.'   

KeMo seemed awake today, at least.

• Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

KeMo seemed awake today, at least.

She does look good in color. That said, she’s a very depressing actress. I don’t if it’s written that Sam is alway so depressed or Monoco just talks that way. 

• Love 4

That shower lacked acting, editing, directing, writing and just highlighted some of the bloat on this show.  This show needs a Tracy Quartermaine. 

Strolling down memory lane these past couple of episodes with Sonny having no remorse about murdering another human being has been quite disturbing.  He touched on 'power' in this episode.  It's not 'power' - it's MURDER.

• Love 5

Is Maxie still Maxie Jones?  Did she decide to keep her last name after marrying Nathan?  Supposedly she writes? an article or two at Crimson, and may have kept her professional writer's name, but why wouldn't she at least hyphenate Maxie Jones-West to capitalize on the Man Landers media frenzy?

• Love 3