Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

God, has it really been that long? If for some reason I wonder "where does Sonny live?" my mind first goes to his penthouse before I recall, duh, he has his own house now. The GH part of my head still gravitates towards the mid-to-late 90's-early 00's status quo. I think this means I am old.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like they keep bringing this up, that it again makes what Ava did worse than what Sonny did re: AJ.  Assuming, I guess, we forget that AJ didn't die instantly, that he lived long enough to have his body dumped somewhere else and for Sonny to sit at his hospital bedside and order him to die and for his last moments on Earth to be spent with Carly.  So really, AJ suffered much worse than Connie did.

Michael needs to see his so called family the real way it is. I would watch everyday if Nelle could get even for the AJ fans and Sonny /carly haters Me. I cannot bring myself to watch. Now they dumped Laura, ? Ruined Anna , Having a kid with Faison. and giving it away ??? maybe I am all soaped out. The gym is so much fun for this 75 year old. I go anyway, and I make it a point to leave at two ,and stay away from the machines with a tv .  I had 56 shows on the dvr, accidently deleted them and actually laughed. oh well. I find out more coming here, Thanks .

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Linny said:

"I never had any inclination to set foot in [Sonny's house] before Sonny murdered my son, and I certainly didn't afterwards." Monica Quartermaine, I bow down before you, that was some EPIC shade. Of course her advice to Carly fell on deaf ears, but it's nice that Monica is a class act and is willing to go to bat for her great-grandchild.

I thought maybe this Mike stuff was supposed to portray a kinder and gentler Sonny for the audience to sympathize with, but then he treated Griffin so disdainfully due to his association with Ava, so NOPE, Sonny is every bit the asshole he's always been.

Am I supposed to really think Drew or Jason would kill the other to get the information from Faison's safe? This is so dumb, but I guess the show has decided to really play up the Cain/Abel angle for all it's worth.

Missed it. Did she really tell him off. Wonder if it will be on Y T . I would love to see that.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

God, has it really been that long? If for some reason I wonder "where does Sonny live?" my mind first goes to his penthouse before I recall, duh, he has his own house now. The GH part of my head still gravitates towards the mid-to-late 90's-early 00's status quo. I think this means I am old.

I know. I remembered because he and Emily had foul make out sessions in front of the fireplace.

The penthouse was much more spacious. I mean, I know it's Sonny's house and he's short, but why do the steps only go up halfway? Is it a split level mansion??

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Ava? Your boyfriend is a doctor but he puts his patients’ needs ahead of yours? OMG. How horrible of him! He went to look after your drunk on her ass daughter and you were so hurt that he stood you up on Valentine’s Day? How middle school of you. What the hell is wrong with this woman? I stopped watching GH for years so I’m confused on many levels but I have two questions. Why do most of the women wear that harsh black eye makeup? Why do their eyes shine and glisten like they’ve been crying even when they haven’t? Is it the weird lighting? Oh, one more. Why is everything (sets, clothing, everything) so damn dark?

I was wondering why he did not at least call her, which would have been easy to do.  Standing someone up is rude IMO.  Is it now taken to be completely OK and in fact you are insecure if you object?  Even in the days before cell phones, it would seem at least best to call the other person and let them know rather than leave them hanging.  They could do something else with their evening, Valentine's Day or not.   It seems like normally Griffin would have called or texted her, so the whole drama over it seems made up.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

The Faison thing is stupid. Drew doesn't really want to kill anyone not even Jason so getting back his memories is not a big enough temptation for him. And Jason is a lot of things, but he isn't going to just kill Drew in order to find out Hendrich's whereabouts. Jason will try to track him down another way.

This ridiculous mess showed up on my Instagram search since I haven't been watching the show regularly and all I could do is roll my eyes so very hard. This nonsense is only to of course continue this path of making Drew a bad guy without actually committing to making him a bad guy. Of course the mobster hit man will never even consider killing Drew because as we've been told many times for years, he's a mobster hit man with "principles". But I'm sure they'll try to hint at Drew possibly contemplating it because he is after all very threatened by Jason. Sure enough, the comments under the video on the General Hospital page pretty much were in that vein, "Drew is so threatened and jealous of Jason because he knows Sam really loves Jason, he'll probably try".... Yeah, as always, this is why I peaced out on soap operas almost a decade ago.

• Love 2

Forget Mike, I'm convinced Sonny couldn't pass that test-- because none of the words are directly about him- he wouldn't pay attention. I mean, he was in the background pulling focus during Mike's initial exam (which-- what doctor would allow that-- Bensch told Sonny not to answer for Mike-- but he did allow him to stick around?!?)

• Love 9
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I remembered because he and Emily had foul make out sessions in front of the fireplace.

It was also in the house that Sonny ordered Max to carry a drunk Emily upstairs. And where Sonny couldn't remember where the towels are kept. 

8 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

I was wondering why he did not at least call her, which would have been easy to do.

Initially Griffin said he would stop by Lauren's apartment on the way to Ava's. It was staying longer that cause the problem, which was purely a plot point so that Ava could once again suspect him of wanting Lauren instead of her. And in general whining about not being his absolute top priority. 

Thanks to those of you mentioning Monica's great, truth-telling line to Carly.  I looked for that scene and really enjoyed it. Carly didn't appreciate Monica's truth-telling, tried to intimidate her (in my opinion) and utterly failed. That last exasperated, eyes close, face up look as she watched Monica walk out was knowing that in her own home/the home of AJ's murderer, she got owned by AJ's momma. I believe after dealing with Carly's awfulness in the last 20+ years, Monica enjoys having an on-going, for-a-good-cause reason to push back against Carly and would certainly have Michael's support. I LOVED her parting line to Carly.  I think Monica would have wanted to throw a baby shower for Nelle anyway, after enduring so many family losses in her life. Also: Carly was problematic throughout her pregnancy with Michael and mostly kept him from the Qs once he was born, she didn't know Jake was her grandson until after the kid "died" in the hit-and-run at almost 4 years old, there was no happy time during Sam's pregnancy with Danny and then due to the kidnapping, Monica missed out on her grandson's first few months. She didn't know Oscar/know Drew had a teen-age son until holiday season 2017. Scout is the first grandkid she's been able to spend time with since birth. She will never have grandchildren or great grandchildren via Emily. It's totally understandable she wants to be close to Michael, form a bond with Nelle, and enjoy a relationship with her great granchild/AJ's grandchild-to-be. 

• Love 12
23 hours ago, sas616 said:

For me is was count backwards from 100 by 7s.    Don't ask me anything that has to do with math.

Are you me? Math is a 4-letter word. If someone’ asked me to count down by 7s I’d look a them like they were crazy. My brothers are 8 and 10 years older than me but unless My age ends in 0 (eg 30) I have to add 10 and subtract 2 to get my middle brother’s age. Yes I’m pathetic. I can’t add 8 to a number. Just like I can’t walk a straight line if I’m stone-cold sober, so I’d fail a field sobriety test!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Are you me? Math is a 4-letter word. If someone’ asked me to count down by 7s I’d look a them like they were crazy. My brothers are 8 and 10 years older than me but unless My age ends in 0 (eg 30) I have to add 10 and subtract 2 to get my middle brother’s age. Yes I’m pathetic. I can’t add 8 to a number. Just like I can’t walk a straight line if I’m stone-cold sober, so I’d fail a field sobriety test!

I, too, am mathematically challenged and counting by 7s in any direction would be impossible.  I'd just have to tell the doctor, "Okay, I'll count backwards by 7s...hand me a calculator."

• Love 3

Not even sure I could do it with a calculator! You see, I’m particularly talented:  I can add the same numbers in Excel, use a formula to get the total and STILL come up with a different result every time. So if the doctor wanted me to subtract or even add by anything other than 10? Not gonna happen lol!

• Love 1

This Mike story so far has been very well done, in my opinion. There was good misdirection at the beginning. The show put us in Sonny's position, thinking Mike's latest problem was going to be what Mike's problem usually was, and gradually we're seeing it's something sadder. I'm assuming without looking at spoilers that he has Alzheimer's or similar, and not something that can be "fixed" with medication or surgery.   

Even Mo isn't bothering me in the story yet, because I was Sonny ten years ago, butting in and answering questions (when my parent was leaving things out and putting too rosy a spin on things) and having to be told, yeah, you be quiet while I interview the patient, please. The denial on Mike's part is very true to life. His excuse is "I'm just tired; I've been traveling a lot." The version I heard a lot was "I'm just anxious." And you just know that isn't it, because your family member has been anxious lots of time throughout life without calling you by your sibling's name or getting lost on short drives in familiar areas. 

Max Gail is doing a great job. He reminds me enough of Ron Hale that it feels like the same character, but he's believably an older, frailer version. That scene at Kelly's was so sad. He just stepped back into something that was familiar and comforting. I just hope it keeps being this well done, and it doesn't become entirely about Sonny's helplessness to fix it, guilt over not spending more time with Mike when he was all there, etc. That should be part of it, and I'm willing to accept the appropriate amount of brooding and stutterbarking, but I want it still to be Mike's story.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I was always a great student when it came to languages, English, even some sciences (biology), but math?! UGH. I was Regents/Honors level for most of my classes in high school. (Yes, a nerd!) I managed to get through high school math - barely - but me, the straight B+ college student once had my GPA go to hell for a semester when I failed a math course. I was a frigging wreck, remember gorging brownies from my parents and breaking down to them on the phone.

Thank God for them putting it in perspective. LOL! Once they heard my tale of woe, my dad was all, "Can you make up the credit another way?"

When I said yeah, he was like, "So screw it." Ditto Mom.

But four Bs and that one F. To this day, I HATE math. And forget balancing my checkbook. Ha!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I want it still to be Mike's story

If only. It will be all about how it affects Sonny. Because everything is about Sonny, always. (I agree that Max Gail is doing a nice job. I still wish it were Ron Hale in the role, but I don't blame him for not wanting to come out of retirement, if that were ever an option.)

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

me, the straight B+ college student once had my GPA go to hell for a semester when I failed a math course. I was a frigging wreck, remember gorging brownies from my parents and breaking down to them on the phone.

I got a five-credit D in calculus the first semester of my sophomore year in college, and that tanked my GPA permanently, even though I got mostly A's and A-'s after that. I was so nervous to tell my parents about the D, but when I did, they were so great. They knew math wasn't my strong suit, and it had nothing to do with my major, so it's not like I was in trouble there.

• Love 3

I considered myself fortunate that after high school I never had to take another math Class. Then I decided to go back and finish my degree years later and lo and behold, the school changed the requirements! I thought I’d die. I was, for the first time in my life, a straight A student. I was poised to graduate magna, possibly even Sums cum Laude. And all that was going to be ruined because of MATH?????

I poured my heart out in a letter to the Dean of Students and somehow managed to persuaded him to let me take it psss/fail. The caveat was that no one except the two of us and the professor, could know because he was making an exception. So I did my best and passed, while still maintaining my Standing. ?

13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

entirely about Sonny's helplessness to fix it, guilt over not spending more time with Mike when he was all there, etc. That should be part of it, and I'm willing to accept the appropriate amount of brooding and stutterbarking, but I want it still to be Mike's story.  

It will not be Mike's story; it's already entirely about Sonny. I think the Mike character was originally created to give Sonny a "compelling storyline," and I don't recall Mike having storylines that were independent of Sonny and blond daughter who birthed Spencer. Mike didn't have decades of a presence with professional and personal connections to a lot of people in Port Charles, and he's been gone for many years. That is why I think this story is just about giving Sonny, and to a lesser extent Michael, manipulative and sad scenes meant to prop them.

A story not meant to prop mostly one grieving/helpless character would be about Lesley or Monica developing dementia. These are women with long histories on GH, who would have Dante and Lulu, Laura, little Rocco, possibly Elizabeth and more or Drew and Sam and Danny, Ned (and Olivia?), Michael, maybe Jason, and hospital staff members like Elizabeth worried.  I can imagine the heart-string pulling if Rocco was supposed to spend the night with Grandma Lesley, and Lulu gets a call from the school saying "Your son is almost in tears because your grandmother didn't pick him up from school today."  Lulu and Dante have a scene apologizing to a very upset Rocco, then worry that Lesley was in an accident. They find Lesley, and she's all "Why are you upset? What are you talking about, I don't remember any such conversation about Rocco spending Friday night and Saturday with me."  

• Love 1

Yeah I'm not here for either Leslie or Monica having dementia. Especially not Monica. While I agree it would be a more poignant story, I don't want to see it. Monica is still a strong, vibrant woman. I want to see her stay that way 

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, sacrebleu said:

Forget Mike, I'm convinced Sonny couldn't pass that test-- because none of the words are directly about him- he wouldn't pay attention. I mean, he was in the background pulling focus during Mike's initial exam (which-- what doctor would allow that-- Bensch told Sonny not to answer for Mike-- but he did allow him to stick around?!?)

Ugh. I am the *last* person to say *anything* that is on the side of Sonny, but I had to take both my Mother-In-Law and my Father for Alzheimer tests and I was in the room for both. As long as you keep your mouth shut you can be in the room. Both times the doctors asked me questions about them right in front of them, probably because I was taking care of them.

• Love 3

There's an advantage to having another person there listening because you can check the information the patient is giving against it.  For example, when Mike said that he was just tired from the trip, later Sonny could say that there were problems back home too. But during the exam ..STFU Sonny, it's not all about you.

Lesley or Monica going into dementia would be break my heart but Mike is a good enough story and the actor is doing a great job.  Monica would bring in the element of someone who has high standing in her profession and now she can't trust what she knows.  The most interesting story IMO would be Sonny developing early onset Alzheimer's because he's the right age and they could bring in his family including young Avery, and his businesses, and a relatively young Carly dealing with a husband who is going through dementia.  But that's never going to happen.

23 hours ago, AuxArx said:

I, too, am mathematically challenged and counting by 7s in any direction would be impossible.  I'd just have to tell the doctor, "Okay, I'll count backwards by 7s...hand me a calculator."

Counting down by 7s is hard for me too.  I can do it if I can visualize the numbers and keep them in memory like that, which I suppose is why it's on the test.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Monica is still a strong, vibrant woman. I want to see her stay that way 

I agree with you; was using her as an example. I don't think GH should attempt a dementia storyline after how poorly other social storylines have been handled in recent years. I just think the best character for such a storyline would be Lesley (since we're unlikely to ever see Audrey on-screen again). Lesley is older  or am I wrong and just making an assumption because Laura is supposed to be in her mid-60s, while if he had survived getting shot AJ would be 50ish?  Anyway, it's also just wishful thinking that Genie would still be on GH with a compelling storyline to play, after Geary (not Herbst) got to have important scenes with JJ after the Jake hit-and-run when Luke *didn't even have a relationship with Jake*. I would love to see Laura and Lesley talk about regret over years missed due to the Cassadines, Laura's illness, and how much they cherish their time together now with each other and Laura's grandchildren.

Instead,  we get a story that is in theory about a mobster's father, but is really about giving said mobster something to do other than recycles of the same conversations and swooning about Jason's return to do his bidding. 

• Love 1

Well, to me, the way to do it poorly wouldn't have to do with what how Mike's son makes money or how long or often Mike's been on the show. The way to do it poorly would be to suggest that there's anything other than "worse and worse" in the future, loving someone who will be able to give less and less back. That's what's going to happen. It's progressive, and the people who care about Mike have to buckle in for it.

There is so much ignorance on this topic still, so there is some value in doing a story about it. I want Michael to tell another young person he knows about how his grandfather is suffering from dementia, and have that person ask how old Mike is, and Michael to say "71" (or whatever the age is supposed to be in the reality of the show), and have the other kid say, "Gosh! That's way too young! My [relative] is 95 and sharp as a tack! " And then maybe Kiki to be nearby and drop some discreet PSAing. There really are people who say things like that, and think it's okay. I'd also like them to really go into it what the best care situation is for him, and how it's unpredictable the way the progression lurches along. It can have frightening accelerations.  

Yes, some social-issue stories of recent years have been terrible, but there's a new co-head writer now. So, naïvely or not, I have some faith this will be better than Shelly and Jean's hot-button ballast on breast-feeding rights.  

• Love 2

I almost fell off my chair when Monica got to use the words "AJ" and "murder" in the same sentence. I hate the whole Jason-NOW-has-a-brother storyline, it really annoys me that AJ has been completely forgotten.

I saw Sean Kanan on Greg Gutfeld and he seems to lean right, so on top of being fat , the actor is possibly Conservative so he'll never be on GH again.

• Love 1

My blood boiled when SB's Jason mentioned (and reminded me) that he killed Faison (or at least is credited with it by Port Charles). By rights, Anna should have killed Faison. It should have concluded the decades long storylines between the two of them. I don't give a shit that Faison "stole years of Jason's life. One thing, he still took more years from Anna, and another Sonny has taken more years for his own selfish purposes.  Robin would not have thought poorly of Anna if she did kill Faison, she is well aware her mom is a WSB agent/spy. For fuck's sake, Anna reenter onto GH involved parchuting from a place with a high power rifled in her hand. I don't need the show to "mine the dyanimic" between the two of them by foisting a Faison kid on her-it made absolutetly no sense given everything we know about the two of them, unlike say, Ethan being Robert's & Holly's coma baby, no matter which audience member hated the idea. 

• Love 9

If Mike is found to be suffering from dementia (Alzheimers or some other kind-they’re not all the same), I do hope they’ll have a consultant who knows a lot about these diseases. My mom had Alzheimers for 8 1/2 years after her diagnosis. My sisters and I learned so much about this disease, it’s progression (different in different people) and what/what not to do with someone suffering from this. It’s a heartbreaking problem for the whole family. B&B started this story line with Dina and then shipped her off to Paris to become her granddaughter’s problem to deal with. How much more helpful would it have been for that show to have kept Dina in GC and follow the family as they navigated this horrible disease with their mother? I hate these shows that start something so devastating for so many families these days and then to just drop it! Follow through, give some really informed guidance and do something good for humanity. This is a really sensitive issue for me and I resent it being treated so casually on any TV show. Do it right or don’t do it at all!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

My blood boiled when SB's Jason mentioned (and reminded me) that he killed Faison (or at least is credited with it by Port Charles). By rights, Anna should have killed Faison. 

Since you're already upset, you should be warned not to watch the Robin-Jason scene in Kelly's. She thanks him, and it gets worse from there. Aside from the Jason propping, the dialogue came off badly to me as well because she didn't sound concerned about Maxie being in pain/mourning Nathan because of having people like "Amy, Spinelli, Sam and Drew" around to support her. Amy started a scam that Nathan eventually went along with but she wasn't Maxie's friend, and Spinelli is the ex who lives with their daughter on the West Coast. Maxie has suffered yet another devastating loss in her life, so I thought Robin would sound worried and comment about checking in with Maxie often.

• Love 4

And what are the odds that Ric will even be mentioned in this dementia storyline?

Edit: Nevermind.  Just remembered he and Sonny share a mom. Courtney was the one who shared a father with him.  I just miss Ric.  Real Ric. Not the Ric used to prop up Sonny.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 1

First: My heart goes out to all of you who have experienced/gone through having a loved one who suffered from dementia and/or Alzheimer's. 

But this story, if they are doing a dementia or Alzheimer's? Will NOT be about Mike. It will be ALL ABOUT MOOBY and how this affects him and his paaaaain, and his aaaaangst, when since the day we learned Mike was his father, he hasn't given two diddly fucks about him. Just as I stated previously--he sees him as an Albatross hung around his now sagging neck.  The ONLY time I EVER recall when that petulant, whiny, self-absorbed, narcissistic wannabe don, ever cared about anyone other than himself was Stone. And then Robin, until she committed the GREATEST SIN and told AJ that he was Michael's father.

So despite seeing some improvement, I have no faith this story line will be heartfelt, emotional or be about Mike.  Even with Nathan's death, NONE of the writers thought to let Robin and Maxie have scenes together where they actually spoke to each other. Didn't bother to have Robin at the "reception." Haven't bothered to bring up how dangerous it is for Maxie to even be pregnant due to her being a heart transplant recipient.

Don't bother to have Monica, who had the AWESOME TWO LINES about AJ's Murder and WHO murdered him, to throw into SheBeast's face, that Nelle is just the chickens coming home to ROOST for that harridan, after the SHIT she pulled 20 some years ago, and the lives she destroyed, instead of just walking away and telling her she's throwing Nelle a baby shower.

I don't give any shits about these noobies, who have no history or connections to this show, and the most EGREGIOUS thing they've done is they've NEUTERED Anna!FUCKING!Devane! KICKASS, BADASS WSB AGENT. All I see on my screen is Anna, crying, tears in her eyes, sniffling, holding back, tears, CRYING. This is NOT ANNA. And I want to know what the asshats in charge have on her, that she's letting them get away with the character assassination, instead of just walking away.

• Love 5

Why was Rita being Mike's significant other such big news to Sonny and Carly?  Did they not have Mike's phone number?  Haven't they spoken since Mike left town?  No Christmas cards exchanged?  I would also think that Rita would notice Mike's mental lapses first, since she is with him every day. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

to throw into SheBeast's face, that Nelle is just the chickens coming home to ROOST for that harridan, after the SHIT she pulled 20 some years ago, and the lives she destroyed, instead of just walking away and telling her she's throwing Nelle a baby shower.

I am hoping this happens as the baby shower is concluding, when Michael is there. He needs to hear Monica, uncensored, go off on Carly for complaining and speak some truths about Carly's behavior,and how Nelle's behavior is nothing compared to what Carly, and then Carly and Sonny, did to AJ and the Q Family. Carly of course, would retort that her loser son deserved everything that happened to him and the only good thing he ever did in his life was conceive Michael with her. Michael would hear this, give Carly the smackdown she deserves, and warn her he'd consider cutting her out of his life and his child's. Then, he would demand she apologize to Monica.

That is the show in my head, anyway. :)

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He needs to hear Monica, uncensored, go off on Carly for complaining and speak some truths about Carly's behavior,and how Nelle's behavior is nothing compared to what Carly, and then Carly and Sonny, did to AJ and the Q Family. Carly of course, would retort that her loser son deserved everything that happened to him and the only good thing he ever did in his life was conceive Michael with her.

I'm pretty sure AJ told Michael all of this, hence his disowning Mooby and changing his name, before changing it back to Corinthos after AJ was murdered. So now that we know that AJ was indeed murdered and that particular plot wasn't erased, then everything else that happened during AJ's return should also be canon. So Michael just proved himself to be a Stupider Little Shit again, because he's speaking with those two monsters.

• Love 2

That is the show in my head, anyway. :)

It would also be another tasteful crumb if Jason happened to be picking up Danny at Monica's right before the shower and hears that Sonny murdered his brother in cold blood.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

The tables and chairs in "Charlie's Pub"/whatever they call it look like rejects from a prison lounge.

Well, Julian does own the place. Maybe he wanted it feel just like home to him.

So if Laura was still around and running for mayor, would Julian give a damn about the winner? Would Curtis speak with Julian about the election?

I was thinking LWB/FS was heading for Lulu's pants, but maybe they're going with a "grieving wife doesn't realize the man she's relying on for support is behind her husband's death" kinda thing with him and Maxie.  Or maybe he'll get both women because, clearly, LWB/FS is the new star of the non-Sonny/Carly part of the show. #eyeroll

Oh no, more articles about Alexis' association with the mob and/or Julian that are totally on the money, how evil! #doubleeyeroll

• Love 3

Laura Wright may have used her pull with GH to score her boyfriend a gig, but I think Wes Ramsey is showing he's got what it takes to justify his role. He's got more range than I expected; Peter was ruthless towards Faison and is concealing his true identity to everyone in town, but he's not a one-note bad guy. He seems genuinely torn up over Nathan's death, not only because Nathan's part of his family but also because he recognizes that Nathan was a good man whose death has created a significant void for many people. By having Peter get close to Lulu and now Maxie, the show's setting up a good reveal of betrayal when the truth inevitably comes out. The connections that Peter is forging in the wake of Faison's and Nathan's death is much more interesting to me than the silliness surrounding Faison's will (but props to Faison for updating his will the same day he learned he had another son, talk about dedication to detail).

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Linny said:

but he's not a one-note bad guy. He seems genuinely torn up over Nathan's death, not only because Nathan's part of his family but also because he recognizes that Nathan was a good man whose death has created a significant void for many people.

Oh Boo-Fucking-Hoo that he feels bad or guilty. I'm so sick and tired of this. If you're going to introduce a villain, then let him or her stay a fucking villain. At least Faison, Stavros and Helena OWNED their villainy.

20 minutes ago, Linny said:

but props to Faison for updating his will the same day he learned he had another son, talk about dedication to detail).

Oh yeah. He was able to update his will from his hospital bed? Because once he found out about another son, he came tearing after Anna, then, went straight to Crimson.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Faison's will makes no sense (no big surprise there).  He was angry at Henrik who he referred to as "the traitor" so why didn't he put in the will "my son Nathan"?  Stupid. Also why would Henrik not claim it if the estate is really that big?  Because he's afraid of Big Bad Jason?  Oooh, I'm quaking in my shoes.

Good for Maxie for telling Anna that she wants none of Faison's money and Henrik is welcome to it.

I like that the show is implying that Peter is staying in town because he wants to try to make it up in some way to Maxie and the baby rather than because Valentin  (who really shouldn't be in the story at all) persuaded him to.

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Why was Rita being Mike's significant other such big news to Sonny and Carly?  Did they not have Mike's phone number?  Haven't they spoken since Mike left town?  No Christmas cards exchanged?  I would also think that Rita would notice Mike's mental lapses first, since she is with him every day. 

Not necessarily. For Rita, the change would have been gradual because she's with Mike all day.  Plus he had his routines, like his walk (recommended for dementia patients) and his coffee buddies so he would have been able to hide it better.

Rita may have been too close.  My best friend's husband had early onset Alzheimer's and my mother (a retired family doctor) and I noticed that there was something wrong a couple of years before she did. Denial, not just a river.

34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So if Laura was still around and running for mayor, would Julian give a damn about the winner? Would Curtis speak with Julian about the election?

They might, if they wanted to redeem Julian.  Curtis needs someone who knows shady to play off of.  Jordan is the police commissioner so she's limited and Stella, TJ and Molly don't know enough about corporate bad guys.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh yeah. He was able to update his will from his hospital bed? Because once he found out about another son, he came tearing after Anna, then, went straight to Crimson.

He could have updated it right before he came to town.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He wouldn't give a shit.

sad but true. Or...he might ask Sonny 'is this true? Did you kill AJ in cold blood?' And then Sonny can say, well yes, but it was all Ava's fault. And Jason will believe him and apologize for ever doubting his master.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3

When Jason reached out to squeeze Sonny's shoulder because he was so sadz that he couldn't "be the son Mike needs" because he's still so angry at him, I thought I was going to throw up. Get over  yourself, Mooby.

A question for U.S. people -- do you normally hear the vote count as the election is on-going?  We use paper ballots here so other than exit polls, we have no idea how things are going until the votes are counted at the end of the election.  (I know there was a ban for a while on the east coast results being broadcast until the west coast had voted so as not to influence the voters.)

• Love 1

Is it just me or are they chem testing Peter and Maxie?  If done right it could be good and soapy.  That she leans on him and gets close to him only to find out that it's his fault Faison came to town in the first place.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Is it just me or are they chem testing Peter and Maxie?  If done right it could be good and soapy.  That she leans on him and gets close to him only to find out that it's his fault Faison came to town in the first place.  

I would have no problem with that. Unlike Nathan, the actor that plays Peter can act.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He could have updated it right before he came to town.

I fast forwarded the whole reading of the will. Did it specifically state what Nathan was going to get? And I do a lot of fast forwarding, so maybe I missed it, but how did Faison learn he had another son? Did he know his name? We know he didn't know the cop he shot was that son. So if the answer is Yes to knowing about him before he came back to Port Charles, and yes to the name, okay. But I still don't believe he would update his will before coming to Port Charles. Why would he? Did he know he was going to die? I don't think so. It's all so stupid and plot contrivance. And yet another glaring example of why I refuse to credit the new writers with anything.

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Jason reached out to squeeze Sonny's shoulder because he was so sadz that he couldn't "be the son Mike needs" because he's still so angry at him, I thought I was going to throw up. Get over  yourself, Mooby.

A question for U.S. people -- do you normally hear the vote count as the election is on-going?  We use paper ballots here so other than exit polls, we have no idea how things are going until the votes are counted at the end of the election.  (I know there was a ban for a while on the east coast results being broadcast until the west coast had voted so as not to influence the voters.)

Not as the election is still going on, no.  Once the polls have closed, we start getting the results right away as they start counting them.  It can be crazy.  There can be 1% of precincts reporting and Candidate A has 95% of the votes and they are calling it for Candidate B. Then you see the other precincts reporting in and Candidate B does end up winning it.  The, you will have 85% of precincts reporting and they still can't call it. HOWEVER, no, they are never reporting the results while the polls are still open for fear of influencing the votes, as you said.

• Love 2