Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

• Will Laura bother to tell Lulu that Luke is getting their messages before Laura leaves town with Spencer? Lulu would probably appreciate knowing.
  • Couldn't Robert have mentioned seeing Emma, Patrick, and Robin in their new lives in California? Hasn't he visited them?
  • Everything--and I mean everything--connected with Jerome's trial is teh boring. Reaction from Paul, Ava, Alexis, Jordan, Scorpio, Sonny, etc: bores me to tears. Most boring of all is Sonny's absolute confidence that he can control every detail of Julian's future.
  • SFU Heather.
  • Go back to the City with yo' mama, Hateden. Nothing left in Port Chuck for you.
  • Liz must truly be in existential hell to agree to go out with Freako the SERIAL KILLER and look forward to it. Sick, sad world.
  • Parker is like a cat with a mouse, drawing Kristina back in so she can wound and slash her hopes again. I bet she did call Kristina back; then denied it. Rejected the girl but said she was still attracted. Yet rejected her again, because she is reconciling with her wife. I suspect that Parker is a sick woman and a pathological liar.
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Laura needed to tell Hayden that Spencer and her are not the same person and maybe he'll like boarding school perfectly fine.

At least Laura pointed out to Hayden that boarding school was Spencer's choice. And how much does Hayden suck for not saying goodbye to Spencer in person? "It's too hard"? So much for her alleged fondness for him.

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And Paul's working on a murder case,

I thought I'd stroke out when he gave Sonny an update on the Julian case.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is Sonny in love with Julian? Otherwise why is he constantly in his face?

Well they did bond in Pentonville and during the escape. I guess that bond was stronger than we thought ;)

10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

oh lord, is Lulu gonna seriously ask poor Robert whether her eggs survived the explosion

Of course she is! Because I'm sure the first thing Robert did after the explosion was to check if her eggs survived without being scrambled! ::eyeroll::

• Love 3

This episode, man. There was some stuff that I genuinely enjoyed but even it I know rationally was absolutely bullshit. Like I liked the Paul/Dillon/Tracy scenes but they were completely pointless and just stupid. Where is this even going? Where is anything going?

I skipped the Sonny/Julian scenes, but I did catch Julian's reaction to Sonny showing up at his cell and I adored it.

Why the fuck are Paul and Ava interacting again? Where is this going? Again, where is anything going?

Every single thing having to do with Franco/Liz was an abomination. And goodness gracious their chem is so embarrassingly forced at this point. Why do they interact like they're in elementary school? I just can't anymore.

LMAO at this Kevin/Laura thing. It's all so pointless. EVERYTHING IS SO POINTLESS!

I also liked the Hayden/Naomi scenes simply because I really like the Naomi actress and I think her and ReBu have good chem. But like this whole things is pointless and boring so meh.

Robert! But what a waste of screentime tbh. Again, pointless.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought I'd stroke out when he gave Sonny an update on the Julian case.

For me, I was just like, "at least it's not Dante giving him the update."

• Love 6
On August 25, 2016 at 4:42 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I also really hate the hypocrisy of everyone, the beatification of Duke Lavery who was running Sonny's business. Duke was awesome, and Duke was so great! Duke was a fucking mobster who put out a hit on the woman trying to take him down, and then wanted to pay her son's way into college to absolve himself from his sins. 

Julian is a complete and utter scumbag, but that became a witch hunt with both Anna and now Jordan and how she's blaming him for her choices. You chose a career in law enforcement, with the DEA. There was a good chance you would have to do undercover work, pretend you're something you're not. Of course it was going to put a strain on every single relationship there was.

Why can't people just take responsibility for their own choices?.

I'll never tire of seeing Scorpio's smiling mug.  

PREACH!!  I've never gotten over Duke going over to the dark side and apparently there are only a few of us who still remember (no one in Port Charles, unfortunately). When will we see the blinding light that wakes up everyone from this coma they're in so they can see what really happened and the choices Duke made?  I know, two days after GH's cancellation.

Why can't people just take responsibility for their own choices?. - because reasons/Helena/lazy ass writing/commercials. 

Scorpio = ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Silly ulkis.   Have you forgotten already?   JULIAN KILLED DUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEE.   Sonny's best friend, the light of his life, the man who....he met like 5 minutes prior to him dying.  He'll NEVER get over it. 

• Love 12

and 

JULIAN KILLED DUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEE.   Sonny's best friend, the light of his life, the man who....he met like 5 minutes prior to him dying.  He'll NEVER get over it. 

Also, because Julian is a coward.  Or so I've been told 89987 times.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Silly ulkis.   Have you forgotten already?   JULIAN KILLED DUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEE.   Sonny's best friend, the light of his life, the man who....he met like 5 minutes prior to him dying.  He'll NEVER get over it. 

I picture Anna having set up a #JusticeForDuke Facebook page and Sonny posting to it on the daily:

"Went to the courthouse today.  Told Julian he's a coward and Duke would finally have justice."

"Thought about Duke today.  He was a good and loyal man."

"Remembering how Duke always backed me up.  I miss him."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

What was up with Heather thinking she needs to take of Franco and give him money lol.

What is Franco, a grown-ass man, doing, going to his mother and asking for money to go on a date? At least Heather has been declared (criminally) insane, so I can understand/accept her thinking. And, I do enjoy seeing RM, even if it is only occasionally. I can believe that's she's had her fingers in many PC-related pies over the years. At least that's consistent with her character.

Outside of Port Charles, Franco should have been washing his hair, shaving off his greying stubble, put on some clothes that don't look like they've been slept in, and looked for a job. (End of rant -- sorry my Howarth hate is bleeding over onto the character.)

However, even in PC, if a 40-year old man kept finding excuses to talk to me about an upcoming date every hour on the hour and was bringing me cold toast as a tribute, I think know I'd be running the other way, even if I were Liz. Does this girl not understand the concept of "red flag"?

• Love 7

I can't believe Franco gave Liz toast with jam smiley faces. He's so juvenile, running to mommy for money in the hopes that he can impress Liz on their date. Can't wait for him to be the one who finds out that Hayden is Liz's sister. Will he broker peace between them using his art therapy prowess? He'll probably win over Naomi, too, cause he's just so gosh darned special, the Little Serial Killer that Could.

• Love 12
Just now, Linny said:

Can't wait for him to be the one who finds out that Hayden is Liz's sister. Will he broker peace between them using his art therapy prowess? He'll probably win over Naomi, too, cause he's just so gosh darned special, the Little Serial Killer that Could.

His immediate eagerness to get the money from Naomi was proof, at least to me, that he is still the same person he was before his tumor surgery. 

So why are we supposed to root for TLSKTC*?

(*copyright Linny)

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Translation please..........

yes, The little serial killer that could. 

Since I'd quoted Linny's post, I figured I should give her credit for the abbreviation, too. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

lucky_zps7ggbegup.jpg

At least he's a shoe in for the Reefer Madness remake.

Robert is always a welcome sight.  Why did they bring him back now though?  Anna isn't here, Robin has no visits, do they need a ratings kick that bad?  They should save him for Sweeps.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Tristan tweeted that every time he returns he feels like he has to audition all over again. WTF is wrong with Frank? He should be on bended knee begging Tristan to stay!

Frank is a disrespectful git. He treats his actors like something he scrapped off the bottom of his shoe, unless they're someone he loved from his OLTL days, then you're golden.

I remember looking forward to the day Guza left, to the day JFP left. Now I look forward to the day this weasel gets his walking papers.

• Love 8

I thought I'd stroke out when he gave Sonny an update on the Julian case

Why is there even a police department in Port Charles?

Yeah! -  for an all-too-short visit by one Robert F. Scorpio.  We lost him and are stuck with Sonny, Carly and Jason.  [insert sad emoticon].

• Love 5

DNAJ is more mature than Freako. If an adult seriously gave me toast with jelly smiley faces I would call the cops.

Hey Freako, how about you take your broke ass down to the nearest grocery store and get a job instead of asking your fruitloop mother to pay for your dates. Stupid whiny bitch.

Hayden should spend more time with Naomi and less time with Liez and Finn.

Paul and Ava are going to have nasty sex again, aren't they? I'm so scared.

WHy is Ava making cracks about poor Nik suffering while he was married to Hayden? HE TRIED TO HAVE HER MURDERED. STFU, asshole.

• Love 8

Personally I'm glad Robert's in town while Anna is gone.

Far too many viewers equate him with only Anna or Robin or Mac or Luke.

It's about time the original Scorpio gets to shine without Anna. I would LOVE to see Robert and Mac hanging out together, but I'll take what I can get and if that's finally Robert without Anna, that's okay. 

I do reserve the right to change my opinion based on these crappy writers, however.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Paul and Ava are going to have nasty sex again, aren't they? I'm so scared.

LMAO. I'm terrified too. We don't deserve that!

WHy is Ava making cracks about poor Nik suffering while he was married to Hayden? HE TRIED TO HAVE HER MURDERED. STFU, asshole.

So annoying. I'm beyond tired of people acting like Hayden was the bad one in the Nik/Hayden relationship. I mean hate her for all the legit reasons to hate her, not because she was 'mean' to the man who tried to have her murdered.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, jazzyscreenname said:

Robert is always a welcome sight.  Why did they bring him back now though?  Anna isn't here, Robin has no visits, do they need a ratings kick that bad?  They should save him for Sweeps.

I'm glad to see Robert's  return not being just for Anna or Robin.  He was an established, successful character long before Anna and Robin.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

I'm glad to see Robert's  return not being just for Anna or Robin.  He was an established, successful character long before Anna and Robin.

Unlike another actor whose character's name rhymes with Duke and his love interest.*

*not a snub at you, LegalParrot. My own aggravation with TG coming through.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Unlike another actor whose character's name rhymes with Duke and his love interest.*

*not a snub at you, LegalParrot. My own aggravation with TG coming through.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all.  I'm loving Genie not having this return connected to that character whose name rhymes with Duke and you know I was a huge L&L fan.

Is there anyone less intimidating than Sonny when he says "then maybe I'll let you live" while cleaning his fingernails.

Roger needs to stop at Duane Reed on his way home and pick up some shampoo.

Who thought it was a brilliant idea to have JE sitting at a table with Dillon and Paul and basically being part of the furniture?  Whoever it was is an idiot.

So, no Spencer on screen for who knows how long, I'm okay with that.

and one more HooRah to see Robert F!ing Scorpio back on my screen.

• Love 4

READ Robert WAS COMING BACK, LISTENED, WITH MY BACK TO THE TV,WHILE ON THE COMPUTER. What do I see a second in the previews? FU so called writers. Looks like even Scorpio cannot bring me back. How' LAURA'S RETURN DOING?s

I think I'm finally caught up on GH.  Well, I'm watching Friday's episode now as I organize my things.  I still ship Julian and Sonny.  They have chemistry in a dark, traditional romantic way.  It is no ordinary love.  It's like the writers try to write these love stories and fail, but the ones that aren't supposed to be love just jump out as pairings.  And btw Sonny, I think Julian helped you too in Pentonville.  Just saying.  Ugh.  Ava and Paul.  They keep bringing up that recording, like they're going to do something with it.  Unless a Quartermaine will get it, then just stfu about it.  And my God, let Roger wash and cut his hair.  I can't look at him anymore.  It's too much, man.  Just too much for me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think I'm finally caught up on GH.  Well, I'm watching Friday's episode now as I organize my things.  I still ship Julian and Sonny.  They have chemistry in a dark, traditional romantic way.  It is no ordinary love.  It's like the writers try to write these love stories and fail, but the ones that aren't supposed to be love just jump out as pairings.  And btw Sonny, I think Julian helped you too in Pentonville.  Just saying.  Ugh.  Ava and Paul.  They keep bringing up that recording, like they're going to do something with it.  Unless a Quartermaine will get it, then just stfu about it.  And my God, let Roger wash and cut his hair.  I can't look at him anymore.  It's too much, man.  Just too much for me. 

Monica should get it and dangling it over Sonny's and Ava's heads during the next 16 years, and then send Ava to prison. That way she owns Ava, but Sonny is punished because he can't take Avery fully. Not Michael, not Tracy, not Jason. Monica. 

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, mybabyaidan said:

Silly ulkis.   Have you forgotten already?   JULIAN KILLED DUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEEE.   Sonny's best friend, the light of his life, the man cat who....he met like 5 minutes prior to him dying.  He'll NEVER get over it. 

Fixed that for ya. 

Look, people have fierce attachments to pets. Much like in the case of Duke,  domesticated pets are particularly vulnerable. In becoming docile and domesticated, they lose much of their ability to take care of themselves in this big, bad world, and are at their owner's mercy.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 8
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:30 PM, sunnyface said:

Why is there even a police department in Port Charles?

Yeah! -  for an all-too-short visit by one Robert F. Scorpio.  We lost him and are stuck with Sonny, Carly and Jason.  [insert sad emoticon].

Still firmly believe that the old TWoP suggestion of an attack wallaby would be a better protection to Port Charles than the keystone cops, er, PCPD.

• Love 3

Missed the last few, anything worth catching up on or working up a #rageembolism about?  There was more Kevin/Laura, yes?  And Robert showed up?  Has Nelle revealed her intentions to destroy Carly's life yet?  

Edited by TeeVee329
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Paul updated Sonny—at Sonny's request!—on the Julian case, which nudged me toward rage-blackout status.

I screamed "you have got to be kidding me" at the TV when this happened.  Why is everyone treating Sonny like he's the fucking Mayor and can get updates like this? 

Argh, this show makes me want to hit things.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Paul updated Sonny—at Sonny's request!—on the Julian case, which nudged me toward rage-blackout status.

Oh Paul, WHY?!?!  I liked him so much better when he was shooting Sonny.

• Love 11

Catching up, oh my poor Kevin.  While I appreciated the nod to "Port Charles", his having been secretly writing a fictional novel based on Laura this whole time was some out-of-nowhere garbage.  I get that Genie Francis is, I guess, taking a bit of a break, but they really didn't have to cram in this contrived split to justify it.

And then, even worse, he got pulled into the Franco/Liz tornado of suck to sign off on that coupling, even though I enjoyed his saltiness towards Franco during their session.

Speaking of Franco, his taking a completely unnecessary swipe at Lucy?  Exactly why I fuckin' hate him.  He's an allegedly remorseful SERIAL KILLER, but he goes around making all these judgmental "cracks" about everyone else.  I don't care if they're both being played by Roger Howarth - FRANCO IS NOT TODD!!!

ETA - also?  I know their fans are (heh) eating it up, but I find this effort to make "toast" this thing with Liz and Franco rather embarrassing.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

ETA - also?  I know their fans are (heh) eating it up, but I find this effort to make "toast" this thing with Liz and Franco rather embarrassing.

Cold toast is as unappetizing as their pairing, so it fits.

• Love 6

Just caught up on last week's episodes...

I always think it's a little odd that we're supposed to think that Port Charles is a hotbed of national interest. Alexis's situation is TMZ-level gossip?! The s/l would have packed the same punch if TMZ(I) was the local Port Charles tattler. 

I want to know if Kelly Monaco is told to keep a somber face most of the time. For example, when Sam and Jason talked to Sonny and Carly about the wedding plans and pregnancy, her energy level was nil. Even when she did crack a smile, the expression was lifeless and guarded on her face. Another thing from that scene -- Sonny, stand your ass up when a woman gets up from the table! Oh wait, one more thing from that scene -- Jason, that bummy gray t-shirt needs to be for home lounging only.

And I hope that they don't make Andre the hospital's killer. This show does a dismal job of hiring people of color and giving them storylines.  If Andre is the killer, he'll just get wiped offscreen like Shawn, while the show's focus should be on adding more diversity. 

Was Kristina suspended for a semester, or was it longer than that? 

Is the Haunted Star still in existence? Because Lulu needs to get a life. If that thing's still afloat, she should go to work.

Heather has a good colorist in the max security facility. 

Edited by CoolWhipLite
Fixed a stupid mistake
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

So, random question: Do we know what Serena does in Paris? She's not just bumming around on Dominique's money, right? Does she work for Deception? A lawyer? Something else entirely?

We don't know anything about Serena other than Scotty didn't invest her trust fund and Serena was pissed at Lucy a couple years ago which kinda makes me curious how she feels about her parents dating again or whatever the heck there doing lol.

• Love 1

Even though Kevin was the day's designated "yes! Franco is a perfectly suitable employee and boyfriend!" guy, I had to laugh at how he was barely half paying attention to Franco during their meeting. Whether it was because he was focused on his phone and if Laura was going to answer him, or if he was just annoyed because Franco took the cheap shot at Lucy, it amused me.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

We don't know anything about Serena other than Scotty didn't invest her trust fund and Serena was pissed at Lucy a couple years ago which kinda makes me curious how she feels about her parents dating again or whatever the heck there doing lol.

I pretend that Serena went to medical school and is now working as doctor, like her sister Karen did. She invested her own money the moment she could and is far wealthier than anyone in Port Charles. She is also a sarcastic smart ass.

• Love 3

I always envisioned Serena as taking after Lucy in some kind of business, whether fashion/cosmetics-related or something else.  But I'd be fine with her taking up Karen's mantle and becoming a doctor.  Or even taking after Scotty.  We could use a lawyer in the younger age group. 

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Even though Kevin was the day's designated "yes! Franco is a perfectly suitable employee and boyfriend!" guy, I had to laugh at how he was barely half paying attention to Franco during their meeting. Whether it was because he was focused on his phone and if Laura was going to answer him, or if he was just annoyed because Franco took the cheap shot at Lucy, it amused me.

I loved when he came over to interrupt the toast schmoopiness.  "Uh, you guys are gross, I need to borrow Franco so I can cross this off my day planner pronto."

And I didn't even understand the shot at Lucy, I thought Franco liked her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Still catching up.  Another mention of Susan, another big reaction from Paul.  What is the deal there?  It has the feel of setting up for this character to enter, but that's the last thing the canvas needs.  And I'm leery about the show shining up Paul on the back of Susan's brutal off-screen rape.  

And why is Dillon so mad at him again?  I did chuckle at his mentioning that his dad hasn't called him (i.e. the show has done nothing with this storyline) in months.  

And poor Tracy, no story of her own, just propping this up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Still more catching up - WTF is wrong with Lulu?!?!  So Lulu finds out the embryo isn't viable and the first (THE FIRST!) thing she thinks of is maybe using the Stavlu embryo from Crichton-Clark, having the baby of the man who stuck her in a freezer, which led to her current fertility problems in the first place?!?!  And Dante's first objection isn't what a gross, disgusting idea that is, but that the embryo couldn't have survived the explosion?!?!  UGH!  I get that they brought up the Stavlu embryo because something (super icky) is probably about to happen with it, but this was garbage time writing.  

Also, there's this really gross undercurrent that, basically, Rocco doesn't count because Lulu didn't get to carry him herself.  No likely.  Did I miss the explanation as to where he was while they were banging on the air mattress?

• Love 9