Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was gobsmacked by the shock of discovering Kevin's trust betrayal of Laura. The heart of his weak excuse seemed to be that their relationship had revived his creative spirit for his book. She wasn't impressed by that logic, and neither was I. He should have taken the risk of revealing the book to her before they made love, to give her the option of backing out. But he was greedy. I'm so disappointed in Kevin. He wasn't a gentleman after all.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And then Carly said "I know what's going on here" i.e. saying that she could see Nelle was developing a crush. So I suspect Nelle will drug Sonny into bed and no one will believe the, er, poor guy.

So newbie Nelle is another fan instantly rolling over and begging for some Sonny? Nausea ensues. And to top it off, Jason is asking the Mighty Moobster to be his best man (thus partnering Alexis as Matron of Honor with Sonny the Best Man). I feel that the show may be trolling us by naming Sonny "Best Man". Jason was practically "wooing" Sonny when he issued the invitation and followed it up with flattery about how much Sonny had taught him. Talk about a pig rolling in mud!

Will Sam faint or be overcome with morning sickness at the ceremony?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Does Jason really expect Monica to attend his wedding at the home of the man who killed her other son?

It's Jason, so of course she will.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Michael would have made a better best man. Oh well.

Jason didn't say it, but they had Sam unable to choose between her sisters, so I wonder if it was the same for Jason with Michael and Morgan. (Not that there's any contest, but Jason was generally trying to be fair.)

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Alexis was pretty snappy with Jordan today. Yeah it was a bit of an ambush but Jordan has good reason to ask, but it didn't merit THAT much snappiness.

I'm on Team Alexis here. Mostly because it was an ambush, and Jordan had no idea what the context of the photo was. Plus, she's letting her personal feelings about Julian get in the way as much as she accused Alexis of the same. Don't antagonize the person your case is hanging on, Jordan.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

In any case though, as a bunch of you guys have noted, can they be sad for a minute or two before they start feverishly wondering where they can procure another kid?

They've always been kind of gross that way. They'd bitch that nine months is too long a pregnancy. Lulu and Dante have always been very Must. Have. Baby. Now! Ugh.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'll never tire of seeing Scorpio's smiling mug.

I might have squealed.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason didn't say it, but they had Sam unable to choose between her sisters, so I wonder if it was the same for Jason with Michael and Morgan. (Not that there's any contest, but Jason was generally trying to be fair.)

That's one fanwank too far dubbel zout! I can fanwank rubber masks and insta-travel, but not this.  You know Morgan didn't enter Jason's head for one minute lol.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's one fanwank too far dubbel zout! I can fanwank rubber masks and insta-travel, but not this.  You know Morgan didn't enter Jason's head for one minute lol.

Haaaa. The dude doesn't even think of Michael! Morgan doesn't stand a chance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Boo, I don't like Lante's new set. It's not a huge misfire like Anna's mansion but I definitely think something like Liz's house would have been much better. Oh well.

Having watched the scenes now I think Lulu's point was that Stavros took a bunch of her eggs. (Even though it was only one egg at first.) In any case though, as a bunch of you guys have noted, can they be sad for a minute or two before they start feverishly wondering where they can procure another kid? Or call Spin and ask him if he wants to share custody of Georgie! 

FWIW, I don't like the new set either. 

Re those scenes, your interpretation is where I HOPED Lulu's comments were going when she led with mentioning eggs.  However, the focus turned quickly to her question:  "What if that embryo is still out there?"  One might even say "hopeful" question.  And, once Dante said it had to have been destroyed, the short conversation ended, the flicker of hope faded and nothing else was said about eggs.  Down the road, there might be - who the freak knows with the way the writers circle back to the details they don't forget.  But, for now, I think the single embryo was the clear focus. 

• Love 1

Great. I had to scream at my tv minutes into a show. I know that the Qs don't matter one damn bit to TIIC, but why would Sam and Jason decide to have their wedding at fucking Casa Corinthos? Home of the sleazebag that murdered Monica's (whom Jason and Sam both love/like, supposedly ) son? Jason's brother. My head actually popped when I heard them accept the offer. Not a fucking thought about Monica's feelings. 

And if I were Alexis,  I'd be asking Kristina to see a professional psychiatrist. To have herself tested for ADD and Bi Polar disorder. Her father and half brother have bi polar disorder. Her mother's paternal family lineage isn't exactly the model of good mental health either. 

I hate this show. I hate myself for watching this shit too.

• Love 10

I'm not surprised that Hayden went to Finn to see if she should stay in PC. He gave her a phallic-shaped cactus. He must like her.

Liz and Franco are disgusting, but I feel like if she's going to be that stupid, she deserves him. When he made her rape all about himself and his emo feelings, she should have left immediately and been thankful that things didn't go any further with him. Instead she uses her formerly dead, formerly (maybe) mentally disturbed son to get back into his good graces.

If Andre turns out to be the hospital killer, I'm going to be so mad that he didn't kill Morgan.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Was it just me or in the scene at the Metrocourt when Nell was introduced to JaSam she turned to Sonny was all "oh hi Mr C" in a coquettish tone of voice.  Please tell me that she's going to be playing him and not falling for the douchebag.   

I thought it was definitely odd. 

And I thought it was absolutely perfectly Carly that she hugged Jason when she heard about the wedding, but not Sam. 

What made the day for me was seeing Robert Scorpio in the previews. But that probably means that's all we'll see of him tomorrow, too. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Does Jason really expect Monica to attend his wedding at the home of the man who killed her other son?

Who? 

2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Will Sam faint or be overcome with morning sickness at the ceremony?

She won't faint again.  She's been diagnosed...she's cured now from that PP.

I think Jason got Spinelli to officiate, but I would LOVE it if he got Robert Yi back to do it.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, rur said:

And I thought it was absolutely perfectly Carly that she hugged Jason when she heard about the wedding, but not Sam. 

True! I get so sick of Carly draping her body over Jason's and grinding whenever she can--right in front of his fiancee if possible, and her mob husband. (Of course it can be argued too that Sonny has a mancrush on Jason that he would like to act on physically.) Who knows what goes on in that monkey moobster brain.

And why does Sonny think he has any right to ask Jason to tell him what Sonny thinks Jason is holding back? Sonny and Carly are so rude and entitled about demanding private information from others.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well, Duke and Lucy. I think they went out on literally one date. Not that I mind, that was ridiculous.

They might have, but the next time we saw them together like 3-4 months later they were in bathrobes sharing breakfast, so apparently their whole fucking relationship - senior sex and all - happened right under our noses. It was insane.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, rur said:

What made the day for me was seeing Robert Scorpio in the previews. But that probably means that's all we'll see of him tomorrow, too. 

Nah, what else is Laura going to do the whole episode?

(What if - gasp - she actually read the letter that Luke left her?!)

7 minutes ago, jsbt said:

They might have, but the next time we saw them together like 3-4 months later they were in bathrobes sharing breakfast, so apparently their whole fucking relationship - senior sex and all - happened right under our noses. It was insane.

Oops, that's what I meant. They had the one episode and then months later, they were in bathrobes, and they broke up that episode, right? Or maybe it was the next episode/time we saw them. So maybe they had a whole two episode relationship.

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Liz and Franco are disgusting, but I feel like if she's going to be that stupid, she deserves him. When he made her rape all about himself and his emo feelings, she should have left immediately and been thankful that things didn't go any further with him. Instead she uses her formerly dead, formerly (maybe) mentally disturbed son to get back into his good graces.

I'll give RoHo this though, I did feel like he played it like Franco was ashamed of all the creepy stuff he did at that moment.

I don't know, though, it's a good thing all of Liz's friends died or left town, cause now there's no one to ask her what the hell she's doing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, backhometome said:

Jason asking Sonny to be his best man was a little random. Why not ask Michael or Spinelli. 

Because SPINELLI is going to officiate. I just know it. ?

4 hours ago, Lillybee said:

How can I put this delicately?

AJ WAS FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Because SPINELLI is going to officiate. I just know it. ?

Barf. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Kevin and Laura, well that was the shortest relationship in the history of relationships.  

Is that over already? I didn't see any of it, except for a photo of them talking.  Whether it be middle age, no chemistry with another male actor, lack of the writers talent to tell a long love story, in the past 38 years Laura has been with David Hamilton, Scotty, Luke, Stavros and Stephan.   Now Robert will appear again and they'll finally cross paths - even though they were on the the show at the same time recently and never ran into each other at Kelly's.  EYEROLL.  These two have history and chemistry.  They did a great job on Y&R a few years ago.  They knew how to act together.

Delicious and bitchy - Laura, Robert, Alex Q and Luke have dinner together.  starts at 1:15

• Love 3

I can't get over how OFF the scenes with Sonny/Jason/Carly were. Sonny/Jason still look and behave like strangers. Mo looked like he didn't give one single crap about those scenes.

And the Laughing Carly bit needs to stop. She's STILL giggling that Jason loves her? I can't stand Carly but even that character deserves to finally progress past behaving like this schoolgirl when he's around. Such secondhand embarrassment. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Why can't they just get married in a church or some other neutral location? The Qs should not have to go to the home of the man who murdered a family member to attend Jason's wedding.

FFS, these shitty script writers were working on GH when Sonny murdered AJ

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And the Laughing Carly bit needs to stop. She's STILL giggling that Jason loves her? I can't stand Carly but even that character deserves to finally progress past behaving like this schoolgirl when he's around. Such secondhand embarrassment. 

There was a moment at Jason'Sam's last wedding when they came into the chapel and said they couldn't get married* - and the camera panned to Carly and she had this huge amazing smile on her face - just a shit eating grin. 

It was the most Carly moment ever and my favorite part of the scene

*Because they were already married

• Love 4

Four minutes into today's episode and I already have a rage-induced headache at Carly forcing Jason and Sam to have the wedding at Casa Mobster.  It was bad enough when Steve Burton was in the role and looked like he constantly wanted to kill himself every time she talked about their specialest friendship to have ever existed in the world, but Billy Miller just sort of lets her steamroll him which is infinitely worse.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It was bad enough when Steve Burton was in the role and looked like he constantly wanted to kill himself every time she talked about their specialest friendship to have ever existed in the world,

I approved of SBu's choices, I cannot tell a lie. :P

22 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

There was a moment at Jason'Sam's last wedding when they came into the chapel and said they couldn't get married* - and the camera panned to Carly and she had this huge amazing smile on her face - just a shit eating grin. 

It was the most Carly moment ever and my favorite part of the scene

*Because they were already married

I just want to scream LOVE URSELF, GIRL every time she squees over him. Fuck. Jason could be recast by a stuffed koala bear and she'd still want him.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Someone mentioned Kristina is the female Morgan, I don't think so. I mean, I see what's meant but at least when Kristina effs up no one's running after her saying it's not her it's cause she didn't take her pills.

They don't blame it on lack of pills but the first words out of Alexis' mouth are usually "It's not Your Fault"

• Love 2

It was bad enough when Steve Burton was in the role and looked like he constantly wanted to kill himself every time she talked about their specialest friendship to have ever existed in the world,

26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I approved of SBu's choices, I cannot tell a lie. :P

By far, the better choice.  Billy just frat-boy guffawing over everything Carly does is like pouring lemon juice on a paper cut.

And, oy, there is negative chemistry between him and Maurice.  Their scenes are so forced and uncomfortable.

LOL at Alexis telling Sam she should have the wedding that SHE wants.  That's precious that she thinks, with Carly running things, this has anything to do with what Sam wants.  And Sam's backbone is currently sitting somewhere in a closet at Jason's now-forgotten apartment, so it's not like she wants anything that Jason doesn't want.  And Jason just lets Carly run things, so, yep: all about Carly.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7

I hope so. It just seems like it came out of nowhere as manufactured angst. (Kevin/Laura)

(Is the quote function not working for anyone else or is it just me?)

Edited by LexieLily
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

By far, the better choice.  Billy just frat-boy guffawing over everything Carly does is like poor lemon juice on a paper cut.

And, oy, there is negative chemistry between him and Maurice.  Their scenes are so forced and uncomfortable.

LOL at Alexis telling Sam she should have the wedding that SHE wants.  That's precious that she thinks, with Carly running things, this has anything to do with what Sam wants.  And Sam's backbone is currently sitting somewhere in a closet at Jason's now-forgotten apartment, so it's not like she wants anything that Jason doesn't want.  And Jason just lets Carly run things, so, yep: all about Carly.

I do appreciate the fact that BM has absolutely zero friendship/HoYay chemistry with Maurice. Although, I wonder what other businesses the Gummy Mob runs. As they only operate nice busineses. Like coffee shipments.  *GAG*

3 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Since Dr. O had Lulu's original embryos (implanting Rocco into Britt), perhaps she knows what happened to Lulu's eggs.

Wait, wasn't this batch of eggs/embryos from the Dr. O/Dr. Britt stolen batch? I thought that they got them back after Dr. O had to use them as leverage to get out of police trouble. And then they decided to wait and see if some operation would allow Lulu, instead of a surrogate, to have the baby.

Kevin? I find it a hard to believe that he would not tell Laura about possibly wanting to use some of her Cassadine stories in a fictional book. But, I thought it was a nice call back to Kevin's PC days as a writer of fiction.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

By far, the better choice.  Billy just frat-boy guffawing over everything Carly does is like pouring lemon juice on a paper cut.

The laughing on both sides was out of control. It looked unnatural and fake when it didn't need to be like that. 

16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

SO BAD. I don't know what's happening there. I never want to see it again, I know that much.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, rur said:

That raging beast needs to NEVER EVER touch Sam. I. HATE. HER. 

• Love 2

I think BM as Jason seems more annoyed by Carly actually. The guffawing seems like him trying to cover it up, heh. 

I try not to speculate too much on MB's state of mind, but I can't help but wonder if there's a part of him that's thinking, "if they can recast Jason they can maybe recast Sonny."

• Love 7

Parker better not show her damn face on this damn show again.

The Metrocourt scenes makes me feel like Jason and Sonny have never met before.

I get that Jordan kinda ambushed Alexis and  was a bit aggressive, but Alexis needs to tone down the righteous indignation. She tried to help Julian get away with murdering Duke so it's not like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that she might try to help him now. It wouldn't be the first time she's gone against her principles for a man.

Nelle is boring me.

• Love 2

Like who cares about a non famous lawyer being disbarred?

I think that in the world of General Hospital, Alexis is supposed to be a big deal. She has run for public office; she has defended the famous Sonny Corinthos; she was at least a finalist one year for the prestigious "Litigator of the Year" award (isn't that how she and Diane got past their antagonism and became friends? They were both up for it and had to share a plane trip?); and she became the idol of teen boys everywhere when she was dating that world-famous pop star Ned. Photos of her in sexy lingerie got out and she became "Eddie's Angel." There were posters and everything! She was outselling Jennifer Love Hewitt! 

So, in the GH world, she probably is as famous as...oh, Alan Dershowitz.  

Keep in mind that in the GH world, the GH nurses' ball is worthy not only of television coverage but red-carpet interviews, and a magazine about "real women" who all live in one town in upstate New York, including the likes of Bobbie and Epiphany, performs well in "all the major markets."  

Question: I missed Thursday's show due to some DVR failure. Was there any more movement on the diamonds plot? I want to see Liz and Rebecca Budig go at it again. I'm sorry.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Question: Is Mo doing that thing where he refuses to interact or speak to new actors on the show for like a year because he's the shit and he hates change or whatever his reasoning behind this is?

• Love 4

Since Dr. O had Lulu's original embryos (implanting Rocco into Britt), perhaps she knows what happened to Lulu's eggs.

Wasn't it that there were three embryos, one became Rocco, one Stavros had and wanted to use for a StaLu baby and three that Lante have and were going to use that is now not viable.  

• Love 1