Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm so glad that the scene of Sam tearfully telling her back-from-the-dead husband about their son's cancer was off-screen, and Jason was tested off-screen. There's no reason viewers would want to see that. Not after missing most of the emotional beats of this reunion story. [/sarcasm]

We still haven't had a JaSam/Danny family scene since Jason started remembering...

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I liked BW on OLTL, and I'm liking her here, too.  I've been distracted by her dress and purse, which I quite like.  Are people disliking her because they're sick of the OLTL actors/characters on the show, or they specifically don't like the actress or SL?

In general, I don't mind seeing actresses and actors from other shows. But I would gladly trade the screen time of Franco and Nina for Jax, Ric, Skye, AJ, or even Emily. I didn't watch OLTL and like BW on GH. I don't know if temp Maxie was from OLTL specifically but I thought she was really good, and I wish she had stayed through to the conclusion of this love quad story.

Jason knocking out Valentine today was stupid. Why not just give the cops the information and have them make the arrest if he wasn't going to "take care of" him. Heaven forbid Sonny or Jason not be the ones to save the day.

Sam has a near death experience and one of her first priorities is to go rage at her dad in jail? I wish her and Jason had just gone home and snuggled up with their son. They're such terrible parents.

• Love 4

I think William deVry is doing a good job of playing a delusional nut job right now. (And I'm still rooting for him just because Sonny shouldn't always win.)

Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between WdV and James Patrick Stuart? It would certainly be an interesting twist if somehow they were related, making the Jeromes and Cassadines uncomfortable allies. But, if it would be interesting, I'm sure the show won't go there. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I'm so glad that the scene of Sam tearfully telling her back-from-the-dead husband about their son's cancer was off-screen, and Jason was tested off-screen. There's no reason viewers would want to see that. Not after missing most of the emotional beats of this reunion story. [/sarcasm]

We still haven't had a JaSam/Danny family scene since Jason started remembering...

I'm starting to believe TPTB put JaSam back together for the fans that wanted it and don't care to really write anything deep or emotional or significant between them or their kid. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm starting to believe TPTB put JaSam back together for the fans that wanted it and don't care to really write anything deep or emotional or significant between them or their kid. 

They don't care to write anything deep or emotional or significant for anyone.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was hardly deep or significant. BC got to do a lot of shouting and crying, so the emotional was met, if in the most superficial way.

I'm not saying the show or the actors  did a good job. But they tried to tackle a serious subject and gave the actors multiple confrontations and conversations.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Sam has a near death experience and one of her first priorities is to go rage at her dad in jail? I wish her and Jason had just gone home and snuggled up with their son. They're such terrible parents.

Strange how Nina and Lulu have baby rabies but Sam can scarcely be bothered by Danny, who is apparently being raised by other people now. I guess Lulu is more thrilled by the pregnancy than the result, however. During the Island Adventure has she even mentioned missing the one existing kid she does have?

• Love 2
On 8/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, Aurora2 said:

Was there anything good about this episode?  

Maybe Darby's refreshing honesty and common sense?  Girl, don't stay around - they'll mess you up. 

Between between Nina Overload and Saint Sonny coming to save the day at the end of the show, I'm ready for the barge. 

God!!!  It's so obvious that Sonny and Nina should just end up together.  I need that train wreck in my life.   

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Strange how Nina and Lulu have baby rabies but Sam can scarcely be bothered by Danny, who is apparently being raised by other people now. I guess Lulu is more thrilled by the pregnancy than the result, however. During the Island Adventure has she even mentioned missing the one existing kid she does have?

And they might be giving her another kid. Ain't this a damn shame!!! 

Most terrifying, evil, scariest, badass Cassadine, the one who frightened even Helena, shows up to impose a reign of terror upon Port Charles.....

hqdefault.jpg

...... aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd he's defeated by Sonny and Jason in a three-second fight.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is how boring this shit show is: I just thought, "I forgot to watch GH today," and it took me a full minute to realize I had actually watched it. LOL.

I did that a few weeks ago! 

• Love 1

Why is Ava still having to beg Sonny and Carly to be able to see the daughter that she has sole custody of? Can't she just go to the courts and say Sonny/Carly kidnapped and are withholding her daughter?

• Love 8

She never had fainting spells when she was pregnant with invisible Danny. Now she falls down after every few steps. Stupid 

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Ava still having to beg Sonny and Carly to be able to see the daughter that she has sole custody of? Can't she just go to the courts and say Sonny/Carly kidnapped and are withholding her daughter?

Reasons.... Helena 

• Love 2

Who knows why Sam is fainting? Maybe she has a Cassadine disease that can only be cured by a body part donation from Julian or maybe she has Finn's disease?

w

43 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Most terrifying, evil, scariest, badass Cassadine, the one who frightened even Helena, shows up to impose a reign of terror upon Port Charles.....

hqdefault.jpg

...... aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd he's defeated by Sonny and Jason in a three-second fight.

Of course he was defeated!  What other way could he become Sonny's newest and worst enemy EVAHHHHHH??!!!?

• Love 6

I loved that framed picture of Carly and Joss, which was clearly snapped the day they filmed this episode, as they were wearing the same clothes. 

Curtis deserves better than to be stuck in scenes with Nina.

I've only been half watching lately, but I'm assuming they explained that Alexis isn't really pregnant? Because she and Jax were drinking wine today.

• Love 3

Sonny: "Do you think I'd miss my nephew's debut on the stage. How was your debut?" Hee.

One redeeming factor about Theo/Valentin is that he had no idea who Sonny was, or at least pretended he didn't. I can never hate someone entirely when that happens.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

hqdefault.jpg

Seriously. Why even make him Valentin if those idiots get the drop on him?

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

I've only been half watching lately, but I'm assuming they explained that Alexis isn't really pregnant? Because she and Jax were drinking wine today.

She's not. Thank Jasus.

Ava's acting like it's someone else's fault she hasn't seen Avery for weeks. Maybe if she stayed in Port Charles for more than two days in a row. Ugh.

Of course Spencer breaks down with Sonny. Why don't they just elect him Pope?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

hqdefault.jpg

God, it doesn't make Valentin look badass that Helena was afraid of him...it makes Helena look weak as hell that she feared this second rate Stefan Cassadine. 

• Love 2

The only way to maybe salvage the Valentin crap is have it revealed this guy is an impostor and off him. Then - if this show EVER gets real writers that care - the REAL supposedly scary Valentin can show up...

But I won't hold my breath.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The only way to maybe salvage the Valentin crap is have it revealed this guy is an impostor and off him. Then - if this show EVER gets real writers that care - the REAL supposedly scary Valentin can show up...

But I won't hold my breath.

YES. And it will be revealed - slowly, with close-ups of hand with a signet ring - that there is no such person as Valentin Cassadine and the Real Valentin is in fact, STEFAN. Who is not Capital-E Evil so much as brilliant and badass and scheming and good at playing the long game. I know that doesn't make much sense, but since when is that a requirement on this damn show? STEFAN!

...Sorry. I've just climbed out of a 90's GH youtube black hole. He was so awesome.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Jason knocking out Valentine today was stupid. Why not just give the cops the information and have them make the arrest if he wasn't going to "take care of" him. Heaven forbid Sonny or Jason not be the ones to save the day.

When does Jason and/or Sonny not save the day?  Problem #1 with this show.  I was sick to death of them being seen as more competent than the PCPD 10 years ago and it just gets more and more obnoxious.  Seriously, Jordan should've told Jason to go fuck himself when he demanded she get him up-to-speed as to the Valentin situation. 

And speaking of obnoxious, no issues with Sam disowning Julian, but threatening to sic her trained pitbull of an ex-husband on him will never not be gross. 

High point today were the Jax/Alexis scenes.  They always had a nice vibe.  Too bad Alexis is a mess and Jax is obviously going to be the Big Bad in the transplant storyline, but I'll take those couple crumbs of them together even for a hot second.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Sam did go home to Danny while Jason was still at the PCPD.  Jason couldn't because he was in handcuffs.  Then I assume Sam wanted to see her traumatized mother, so she went there to comfort her.  And of course, after hearing from Alexis directly, she decided to go tell dear ol daddy just what she thought.  I loved every second of it.   So yeah, her priorities were 1.) Seeing her Kid 2.) Seeing her mom and 3.) Disowning her POS father.

• Love 9

I'm surprised that Sam was allowed to mention Nik to Alexis since I assumed Alexis had forgotten that he existed. 

I don't know why Julian was dumb enough to think Ava would ever help him if it meant putting herself at risk. 

Of course we didn't get scenes of Sam telling Jason about Danny's cancer. Of motherfucking course. Who needs that when you can see unnecessary scenes involving Claud, Kiki, Tree, Maxie, Nina, Freako, Liez, Sonny, Spencer, Valentin.

I continue to be disappointed in what they're doing to Jax.

STFU Ava. You haven't seen plot point baby in weeks because you decided to sniff around Nik and got caught up in "Cassadine" bullshit. 

Cartoon Heather is a far superior villain than Valentin will ever be. What a joke. 

These "writers" can't do anything right. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And speaking of obnoxious, no issues with Sam disowning Julian, but threatening to sic her trained pitbull of an ex-husband on him will never not be gross. 

YEP. That was beyond gross.

I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna have to stop watching for a few years because Jason and Sonny are eating the show again.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

What a disappointment this Nathan/Claudette/Griffin story is. Why couldn't the writers have just succumbed to the wayward message boards theory of Griffin being Claudette? Lol. So much salacious scandal and conflict could've been derived from it. When this first began, they made it all seem so intriguing. Even big bad Dr. O thought Claudette was trouble not to be messed with. There was a time when I thought Claudette might've been dead and Nathan, perhaps, accidentally killed her somehow, or that he was still married to her. Neither of those scenarios came to be. Instead, this dragged out storyline results in some blonde wide-eyed second rate scheming bimbo who claims to still be carrying a torch for her ex-husband while also carrying a torch for a bed-warming priest whom she sought counsel with. This storyline, in its current format, is so uninteresting with STILL no clear picture as to where it's going. Gotta love Griffin talking to Claudette as if she dragged him into bed against his will. Really Griffin? I'm quite sure he enjoyed the idea and the act of climbing into bed and screwing her. Dumb storyline!

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

High point today were the Jax/Alexis scenes. 

I forgot to mention that I was legit amazed the show remembered Jax and Alexis were former spouses. The cast interactions are so poor generally that it was a nice surprise.

12 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't know why Julian was dumb enough to think Ava would ever help him if it meant putting herself at risk. 

Seriously. Does he not know his sister at all? No way Ava would stick out her neck for anyone but herself. And maybe Avery. Which also reminds me: Ava, you have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to needling Carly about her potential custody problems when your daughter is living in Carly's house. Good lord, that was so terrible.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ugh, I know. Way to undercut yourself, Sam. The wimmins really have no agency whatsoever. It's so aggravating.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Which also reminds me: Ava, you have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to needling Carly about her potential custody problems when your daughter is living in Carly's house. Good lord, that was so terrible.

Seems like Ava forgets that she just went through her own turbulent 2442 year custody battle with Sonny, which resulted in her being blackmailed into sharing custody. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

High point today were the Jax/Alexis scenes.  They always had a nice vibe.  Too bad Alexis is a mess and Jax is obviously going to be the Big Bad in the transplant storyline, but I'll take those couple crumbs of them together even for a hot second.

Damn, I'm gonna have to find a clip of this, aren't I?

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Damn, I'm gonna have to find a clip of this, aren't I?

You should! I always loved them, so they could be doing anything in a scene and I wouldn't care, lol.

Also, question for anyone who knows: Why do some on the interwebs keep talking about KSt and RP being different together on-screen? Like, it's obvious they don't get along? I never thought they had chemistry, so maybe I'm not seeing it, but it's just odd that this rumor that they hate each other gained so much steam. What did I miss!?

• Love 2

Dear Lord, Ava's boob was really trying to escape her dress.

And what's with that weird necklace (that she's worn before)?  It looks like someone hung two samurai swords across her cleavage. 

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna have to stop watching for a few years because Jason and Sonny are eating the show again.

See, I saw that moment differently, because she originally said if he went near Alexis again, SHE would kill him.   She only mentioned Jason in relation to Danny, which sort of made sense to me.  Danny is HIS kid.  If she told him that Julian "threatened" (I put it in quotes, because there is a lot of debate over if he did in fact threaten Danny) his son, he would have no issue ending him. 

Sam is 100% team Alexis and I love it.  I love how far their relationship has come.

• Love 5

James Patrick Stuart is a pretty good actor, but to me he's always going to be the Elaine boyfriend on Seinfeld who went into a trance when he heard "Desperado" by the Eagles.  I'm just pretending that that Helena spiel about Valentin being the deadliest Cassadine of all didn't happen, or that she had some inscrutable long game, or was joking.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

James Patrick Stuart is a pretty good actor, but to me he's always going to be the Elaine boyfriend on Seinfeld who went into a trance when he heard "Desperado" by the Eagles.  I'm just pretending that that Helena spiel about Valentin being the deadliest Cassadine of all didn't happen, or that she had some inscrutable long game, or was joking.  

I think he's good, too.  He will always be Dixie's brother, Will, on AMC. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Also, question for anyone who knows: Why do some on the interwebs keep talking about KSt and RP being different together on-screen? Like, it's obvious they don't get along? I never thought they had chemistry, so maybe I'm not seeing it, but it's just odd that this rumor that they hate each other gained so much steam. What did I miss!?

People also claim that NLG/WDV and MS/RoHo don't get along either, and during the JaSam vs Liasion stuff people were saying BM didn't like KeMo and/or RH. Seems like lately anytime a couple breaks up the gossip starts about the actors not liking each other. 

• Love 1

Okay, so 

1.) I know Nicolas Bechtel isn't popular on these boards, but I think the kid absolutely rocked the scene with Sonny on Friday. The part where his voice breaks just a little bit and he's on the verge of tears, really got to my feels.

2.) In regards to the STI thing with the 20 somethings, can I just say that I really love Darby's attitude in the whole thing? 

• Her letting Dillion (and trying to let Morgan) know about her infection so that they can get themselves tested, was very responsible 
  • Her noting the difference between an STI and STD was great. It's 2016, and she's damn right that people should be more in-the-know about this stuff.
  • Her attitude about "getting tested, getting some drugs, and going home" was great. An STI is a big deal, but not the end of the world with today's advanced medical treatment. All of them will survive this, and the fact that Morgan/Kiki/Dillion were acting like children about it, was so ridiculous. 
  • Her refusing to be slut-shamed was great too. You can enjoy an active sex life and not be a slut/whore/tramp.

The only gripe I have is I would like Darby a whole lot more in this whole thing if the writers wouldn't reduce her to a piece of ass. She's essentially not really a character. They treat her as an object to pull out of the woodworks for Morgan to have sex with every once in a blue moon in order to cause trouble with Morgan/Kiki, and I think it's awful. I think it's awful, degrading, and offensive for the writers to bring a female character back after months just to give half of the 20 somethings cast an STI. It only reinforces what they've always done with Darby - treat her as a piece of ass to push storylines forward.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 8

You've pointed out the reasons why Darby doesn't come across as just a dumb piece of ass though (at least not anymore), even if she is just used to use that plot forward. The show already has too many characters. I'm glad they've resisted the urge to give her a contract or make her a mini-recurring character.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You've pointed out the reasons why Darby doesn't come across as just a dumb piece of ass though (at least not anymore), even if she is just used to use that plot forward. The show already has too many characters. I'm glad they've resisted the urge to give her a contract or make her a mini-recurring character.

I'm not sure what Darby's role has been this time around, because I'm hardly watching this awful show atm (I only managed to catch the STI scenes on youtube, and I know that Darby/Dillion has been kinda a thing, but not really). But the various other times that they've brought Darby back, her whole purpose was to hook up with Morgan, and after that was done, she disappeared again. Bringing her back to have Dillion use her to make Kiki jealous, and then having her possibly give everyone an STI, is quite literally reducing her character to a piece of ass. Not because of the storyline in particular (I think it's totally great that they're doing STI/STD awareness, and that they have Darby being so responsible about it), but because of the writers' history with the Darby character, it gives the whole thing a layer of offensiveness. Not that I should be surprised, given how awful and disgusting GH's writers can be.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 3