Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, UYI said:

I just meant in general, not that she looks bad. I do think she's always had a more mature look, though. I was surprised to find out a few years ago that she was just past 40, rather than in her late 40s. But that's just me. 

Same. I mean she usually looks lovely (but sometimes her skin looks weird af to me), but I think she looks a good bit older than her age.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Speaking of Lauren, this is the woman that Carly champions for her son but Sabrina is just awful? Sabrina lied but geez dial it down a notch.  The girl who bounced between your sons, helped drug your favorite one and nearly destroyed their relationship is A-OK. Old Carly would be snarling at her at every turn and definitely would not have given her a job.

Well, RC screwed up so many things as head writer that they are too numerous to name.  Carly being written so completely out of character is among them.  RC wrote Carly so horrifically that I have just ignored that entire portion of the GH storylines because they were so WTF, it's beyond words.  As you rightly pointed out, there is no way Carly wouldn't have ripped Kiki to pieces for what she did to Michael and Morgan, but RC thought it was so fantastic.  Carly and Franco?  There are no words for the abomination of that writing under RC.  Michael was Franco's best man?  Need I go on?  I have to dismiss almost all of that crap writing because it was too ridiculous, stupid, and disrespectful for me to give it credence and validity.  RC deserved to be fired.

Regarding Michael and Sabrina:  I'm not that thrilled about them being a possible pairing.  Like it or not, Carly is making valid points regarding Sabrina.  She willingly left with Carlos, knowing he was a murderer and a fugitive, even though she knew Michael wanted to have a life with her.  She had a choice between two men, one a killer and a mobster and the other a man who cared about her and was willing to raise her child as his own.  She chose the former, and even married him.  Now she's suddenly living at the Q mansion living off the Q money.  If I were Carly, and Michael were my son, yeah, I'd have a problem with it.  Any mother would if we are being honest.  Carly admitted that Sabrina is a good person, she's not manipulative, and she doesn't wish any ill-will against her, but she is not happy at all with how she has treated Michael.  I think the lies matter.  I mean, DOES Sabrina love Michael or is she just looking for a daddy replacement for Carlos?  Also, for me, the writers are completely wasting Michael as a character.  Do they seriously think ANOTHER baby storyline for him is a good idea?  Really?  Does that sound riveting to anyone?  Also, why is Michael the one that has to "hope for a future with Sabrina" when she's the one that lied to him and left and married another man?  If anything, SHE should be fighting for Michael.  I don't like the storyline at all, and the only thing that gives the storyline any 'oomph' is Carly.  Yes, she's a hypocrite, but at least she's not passive about her feelings.  She is the one bringing the drama, and heck, I'd take a full blown argument between her and Michael rather than just watching Michael and Sabrina being polite and dancing around the elephant in the room.

I'm at a loss how the writers can find stories to write for all these new male characters, who I have zero investment in overall because they are new characters:  Nathan, Fin, Franco, Andre, Curtis, Griffin, but they can't figure out a storyline for Michael - the man tied to more legacy families than any other character on the show?  Yeah, I.don't.get.it.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Now she's suddenly living at the Q mansion living off the Q money.

At Tracy's invitation, and none of the Qs seem to have a problem with it. Carly can STFU, as she's lived off of other people's money for most if not all of her adult life. 

It cracks me up that Sabrina is basically doing the same thing Carly did when Carly was pregnant with Michael, except in a much less calculating way. The writers have Carly pay minimal lip service to all of this, and have her admit that Sabrina is a good person who doesn't have ulterior motives, yet Carly is still butting in where she doesn't belong. When Sonny has to be the voice of reason ("the more you try to push Michael away from Sabrina, the harder he'll dig in his heels to stay with her"), you know you're on the wrong side of things.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Regarding Michael and Sabrina:  I'm not that thrilled about them being a possible pairing.  Like it or not, Carly is making valid points regarding Sabrina.  She willingly left with Carlos, knowing he was a murderer and a fugitive, even though she knew Michael wanted to have a life with her.  She had a choice between two men, one a killer and a mobster and the other a man who cared about her and was willing to raise her child as his own.  She chose the former, and even married him.  Now she's suddenly living at the Q mansion living off the Q money.  If I were Carly, and Michael were my son, yeah, I'd have a problem with it.  Any mother would if we are being honest.  Carly admitted that Sabrina is a good person, she's not manipulative, and she doesn't wish any ill-will against her, but she is not happy at all with how she has treated Michael.  I think the lies matter.  I mean, DOES Sabrina love Michael or is she just looking for a daddy replacement for Carlos?  Also, for me, the writers are completely wasting Michael as a character.  Do they seriously think ANOTHER baby storyline for him is a good idea?  Really?  Does that sound riveting to anyone?  Also, why is Michael the one that has to "hope for a future with Sabrina" when she's the one that lied to him and left and married another man?  If anything, SHE should be fighting for Michael.  I don't like the storyline at all, and the only thing that gives the storyline any 'oomph' is Carly.  Yes, she's a hypocrite, but at least she's not passive about her feelings.  She is the one bringing the drama, and heck, I'd take a full blown argument between her and Michael rather than just watching Michael and Sabrina being polite and dancing around the elephant in the room.

It would be so cool if Sabrina and her unnecessary waste of space baby were written out.

• Love 5

I don't know why Carly is so annoyed by Sabrina's passivity.  If anything, you think she'd be happy the woman in Michael's life is someone she'd be able to steamroll right the fuck over.

• Love 9

So this is what Dr. O has been reduced to, being shoved into closets by Michael and fuckin' Felix.  Time for her to go out in a blaze of evil glory and be done.

And again...she's not wrong!  Even if he's not the murderer, Dr. Michael Easton has been practicing medicine while on drugs and stole drugs from the hospital's pharmacy.  He deserved to be suspended.  And there has to be another pediatrician in the entire hospital who can treat Sabs' baby.

• Love 7

And there has to be another pediatrician in the entire hospital who can treat Sabs' baby.

Or an oncologist or a neurologist. The doctors at GH are very versatile.

• Love 3

Poor CD looks so bored. Can we not with the non stop baby stories for Sabrina. Or just get rid of her already!

Wdv is terrible.

Was ME the only doctor available to help the kid........ I`m sure they could have found one since they were at the HOSPITAL. 

• Love 3

I'm a non-watcher but I'm home today so I turned it on.  I love that I don't give a fk what's going on but I love trying to figure it out.  I don't know why Julian's hair looks like that or why Carlos is there.  I like that Carlos actor.  He's funny and good looking.  If they knew how to write and tell a story, I'd bet he'd be exciting to watch.  I've given up on Genie ever having a real story.  Oh, Tracy looks great.   Especially why Julian is having thoughts about killing Alexis.  I enjoy the puzzling tidbits of a non-watcher.  

• Love 2

Tracy looked gorgeous today.  I hope she never ever ever ever cuts  her hair short again.  But I'd still love her; Jane Elliot is the best thing to ever happen to daytime soaps. 

• Love 10

Jane Elliot did look great today.  Tracy also cut Michael this amazing look when he said some drivel about driving her to the hospital because she was still frail.  Hee!

I just wish she was doing more than Dr. Michael Easton and Sabrina propping.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, TessHarding2 said:

I'm a non-watcher but I'm home today so I turned it on.  I love that I don't give a fk what's going on but I love trying to figure it out.  I don't know why Julian's hair looks like that or why Carlos is there.  I like that Carlos actor.  He's funny and good looking.  If they knew how to write and tell a story, I'd bet he'd be exciting to watch.  I've given up on Genie ever having a real story.  Oh, Tracy looks great.   Especially why Julian is having thoughts about killing Alexis.  I enjoy the puzzling tidbits of a non-watcher.  

You don't know how much I want a story where Carlos haunts Anna. Not in an angry way, just in a meddlesome, troublesome, obnoxious kind of way. Lives with her, Topper-style. Patrick Swayze to her Whoopi Goldberg. Gives her dating advice. Helps her solve crimes. He complains, he says the house is big enough for the both of them, etc., etc. Plus that's where the fates put him as a constant reminder to her not to shoot anyone, regardless of whether she kills them or not.

The GH in my head entertains me very much.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

We all know that Ava loves to booze up; so how in the name of dog, did she manage to pass out/ black out after sharing half a bottle of rotgut wine?

Maybe it's the European equivalent of moonshine.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Francie said:

You don't know how much I want a story where Carlos haunts Anna. Not in an angry way, just in a meddlesome, troublesome, obnoxious kind of way. Lives with her, Topper-style.

Lord knows there's plenty of room in that mansion of Anna's.

Wait, does Griffin live there?

15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I only watched the hospital parts and Ava/Nik.

I officially hate Finn now. Seething hatred tbh.

Why, what happened?

Note to William de Vry, he's making Julian look less tempted and more his lips have an uncontrollable tic. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why, what happened?

Literally everyone is basically acting like he's a messiah or some shit. And he's still bitching about being unfairly targeted when he is breaking multiple laws. Fuck this shit I can't! 

• Love 6

Wow, Show is really working overtime to make us believe Julian bad, Sonny Good.  Well, here's a tip, Show:  Stop.  You can make all the characters you want look as bad as you want, it still won't make Sonny look good.  He can stop mobstering right now and do nothing but good works for the rest of his life, and it still won't unring the bell that he's a murderer, too.  So, save yourself the trouble and just admit it.  We'll all feel better.

Valerie's last name is Hofstadter?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Literally everyone is basically acting like he's a messiah or some shit. And he's still bitching about being unfairly targeted when he is breaking multiple laws. Fuck this shit I can't! 

Dr. Michael Easton is the only doctor in town who can help sick people!  Just like John McBain was the only cop in town who could solve a crime!

#hate

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

What?! Was that on her name tag? LMAO.

I think Tracy called her that when she went up to her and Monica at the hospital.  But, I freely admit I was only paying half attention, so I may have misheard!

4 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Wow, Show is really working overtime to make us believe Julian bad, Sonny Good.  Well, here's a tip, Show:  Stop.  You can make all the characters you want look as bad as you want, it still won't make Sonny look good.  He can stop mobstering right now and do nothing but good works for the rest of his life, and it still won't unring the bell that he's a murderer, too.  So, save yourself the trouble and just admit it.  We'll all feel better.

That reminds me - I saw some tweets about how Sonny would NEVER even think about killing one of his women/baby mamas.  I guess those people forgot how Sonny threatened to kill Carly when her machinations got Olivia shot.

• Love 7
Just now, Fellaway said:

I think Tracy called her that when she went up to her and Monica at the hospital.  But, I freely admit I was only paying half attention, so I may have misheard!

Oh I don't know as I was only paying like 1/4 of attention tbh!

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh I don't know as I was only paying like 1/4 of attention tbh!

I just looked her up on IMDB - And, man, what a lovely pic of her there! -  but it says Valerie Spencer as her character's name.  Either I misheard or misunderstood.  Question is is it worth rewatching On Demand to find out?  Mm, I think not.

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That reminds me - I saw some tweets about how Sonny would NEVER even think about killing one of his women/baby mamas.  I guess those people forgot how Sonny threatened to kill Carly when her machinations got Olivia shot.

Or how he threatened Ava's life while she was carrying his child. 

• Love 6

I think Tracy called her that when she went up to her and Monica at the hospital.

I'm pretty sure Tracy said "Officer Spencer" but it might have come out sounding like Hofstater!

• Love 2
Just now, Perkie said:

I'm pretty sure Tracy said "Officer Spencer" but it might have come out sounding like Hofstater!

LOL!  Maybe I'd best get my ears cleaned!  Of course, Dr. Finn is the only doc for the job!

• Love 2

Memo to Sabrina, if your nanny is so stupid that she's giving a four month old baby yogurt with honey in it, fire her as$.  

Memo to Chad;  I know the storyline sucks but try to look awake mkay.

Memo to Julian;  What the F have you done to your hair?  Maybe that's what's making you conjure up Carlos and evil thoughts.  

Memo to Alexis; when trying to record someone's confession, it's best not to bring attention to the phone that your using.  Maybe shoving it inside your giant purse would have made more sense.

Memo to show;  NuNIk, me likely, but not as NIk.  Can we bring him back as someone else, like a doctor/veterinarian/engineer/astronaut?  

Memo to show;  Finn is not the only one who can diagnose an ailing patient.  Monica was right there, for crying out loud.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Normally this would really annoy me but fuck if I can really blame him. 

Memo to show;  NuNIk, me likely, but not as NIk.  Can we bring him back as someone else, like a doctor/veterinarian/engineer/astronaut?  

This. I like him a lot. I hope they bring him back.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

It would be so cool if Sabrina and her unnecessary waste of space baby were written out.

Hell, I wanted her gone on her very first day when she and Britt (another newbie no one gave two shits about or saw before like Sobby) were having their tug of war over Patrick.

That was 2012. It's now 2016, and I'm astounded Sabrina still takes up space.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Francie said:

You don't know how much I want a story where Carlos haunts Anna. Not in an angry way, just in a meddlesome, troublesome, obnoxious kind of way. Lives with her, Topper-style. Patrick Swayze to her Whoopi Goldberg. Gives her dating advice. Helps her solve crimes. He complains, he says the house is big enough for the both of them, etc., etc. Plus that's where the fates put him as a constant reminder to her not to shoot anyone, regardless of whether she kills them or not.

The GH in my head entertains me very much.

Exactly!  It's the only way to watch....

21 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Memo to Sabrina, if your nanny is so stupid that she's giving a four month old baby yogurt with honey in it, fire her as$.  

Memo to Julian;  What the F have you done to your hair?  Maybe that's what's making you conjure up Carlos and evil thoughts.  

Memo to Alexis; when trying to record someone's confession, it's best not to bring attention to the phone that your using.  Maybe shoving it inside your giant purse would have made more sense.

Memo to show;  Finn is not the only one who can diagnose an ailing patient.  Monica was right there, for crying out loud.  

Is there something sitting on top of Julian's head?

With regard to bringing back an actor as... Many moons ago (I think 1985-86)? (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) - Jack Wagner as Frisco was it contract negotiations so they temporarily replaced him with an actor (oh such a bad bad actor).  He had to do scenes with Felicia which were painful.  It hurt every time she'd have to say "Frisco".  Soon after, Jack came back as Frisco and they used the replacement Frisco as "Kevin" with the whole Terry Brock story.

I'll post it in the 80's section

2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

We all know that Ava loves to booze up; so how in the name of dog, did she manage to pass out/ black out after sharing half a bottle of rotgut wine?

I get her being a little drunk due to jet lag, little food, stress, etc., but not enough to pass out/black out. No way.

LOL at the "pub" Sam and Jason were at. 

31 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm pretty sure Tracy said "Officer Spencer"

She called Valerie "Officer," no last name.

Carlos's ideas for how to kill Alexis cracked me up. He had an idea for every situation. "Poison her tea! Drown her in the tub!"

You'd think Ava would have a little reluctance to go on the run, seeing as how Avery is living with Sonny.

• Love 3

Or how he threatened Ava's life while she was carrying his child. 

Sonny was trying to kill Ava before she turned up pregnant. Sometimes, I wish he would have if only to spare us more Kiki and Avery as a hot potato around town.

Carlos's ideas for how to kill Alexis cracked me up. He had an idea for every situation. "Poison her tea! Drown her in the tub!"

Carlos is a figment of Julian's imagination, so it really was just Julian's idea. Real Ghost Carlos would have mentioned Sabrina and Teddy especially as the baby was currently deathly ill.

Did fake Nik have a fake tattoo as well? 

Fake Nik, go with your instincts, Ava is not to be trusted.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope this goes on all week. "Take her to an archery range! How about a hike on Mt. McCharles?"

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Um, show? It really wasn't necessary to try and recreate Tyler's big ass tattoo on the new guy. The paint was so bright I thought it would glow in the dark!

That CRACKS me up....Dude has a DIFFERENT FACE, but you are concerned with if his tattoos match up?  It just makes me laugh at the work that must have went into recreating it.  And again...DUDE HAS A DIFFERENT FACE.  Pretty sure him having no ink on his arms wouldn't be what threw anyone off.

Love that Sam jumped up to go back to be with her mother as soon as she heard.  And loved the ILY exchange before she left for the airport.   

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

That CRACKS me up....Dude has a DIFFERENT FACE, but you are concerned with if his tattoos match up?  It just makes me laugh at the work that must have went into recreating it.  And again...DUDE HAS A DIFFERENT FACE.  Pretty sure him having no ink on his arms wouldn't be what threw anyone off.

Plus, it makes no sense Nikolas has that tattoo in the first place, the temp actor not having it is a good thing.

• Love 12

So Ava is risking her life over a damn statute? That makes sense. 

I understand that Val girl was just doing her job but I still wanted the hospital serial killer to come for her. 

Why is file clerk Dr. O allowed to bust into hospital rooms and harass doctors?

I assume the Port Charles teleporter is in the airport parking lot waiting for Sam.

Alexis better not be pregnant. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Out you get.

Couple on the outs + woman gets sick + uncreative predictable talentless writers = pregnancy. But maybe we'll get lucky and Alexis will just have a brain tumor or something. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Alexis better not be pregnant. 

Didn't she have her 2-second menopause "story"? And, while the character may be younger than NLG, the character still has 3 grown or almost-grown daughters. She shouldn't be able to be pregnant at this stage, I don't think. But then I remember the idiots writing this dreck and...yeah. Why not add another spawn from Alexis and a scummy/crazy loser? 

Or, better yet, for the love of God, don't. Besides, she is tied to all 3 losers via the aforementioned daughters as it is. No need for another tie.

• Love 3
(edited)

One day in the not too distant past:

FV:  We are thinking about bringing your brother back to Port Charles from college.

CD:  That's be great! (thinking - 'I'm a better actor than this guy and more screen time for me'.)

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Couple on the outs + woman gets sick + uncreative predictable talentless writers = pregnancy. But maybe we'll get lucky and Alexis will just have a brain tumor or something. 

I saw someone post on Twitter yesterday that the better story would be Alexis having a psychotic break after Helena's will reading and being given the dagger that killed her mother. They said something about her having really killed Carlos, and Julian has actually been trying to cover up all the things she's been doing and is unaware of and get her help. I think that could've been very entertaining and an excellent story vehicle for both actors. Alexis could've hallucinated all her interactions with Scummy, and he could then get the fuck out of this story.

Honestly, Scummy is driving me further and further away from this show. The mob is just so....90s, early 2000s. I don't understand how such a Sesame Street version of the mob and a mobster is popular with people. Did they not watch The Sopranos?? How could anyone look at Tony Soprano and then Scummy and think 'Hey, this tiny lil greasy haired dude is SUPER SCARY???!?!?!? Lawd, what I would give to have Olivia Soprano show up and make Scummy cry and pee himself, in front of ERBODY.  Fuck Maurice.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jane Elliot did look great today.  Tracy also cut Michael this amazing look when he said some drivel about driving her to the hospital because she was still frail.  Hee!

I just wish she was doing more than Dr. Michael Easton and Sabrina propping.

I know.  It's criminal.  But if that's what it takes to get JE on the screen, I'll take whatever crumbs those crumby writers toss out.  I've said it before and I'll say it again,  Jane Elliot could hold master classes in how to inhabit a character and make it REAL,  and for some reason, this show refuses to acknowledge that.  It couldn't have anything to do with ageism...could it? I wish the writers could remember what a beloved character Lila was, and at even a more advanced age than Tracy.  But they probably dwindled her screentime too, as she got older.  I can't remember. 

• Love 4

Okay, I can't get into the Alexis & Julian story because I see is that thing on top of William DeVry's head. WTH? If it's fake why does have to be jelled? Wouldn't it look more real if it was just dry looking? Maybe, it's his real hair. If that's the case, get a haircut. Maybe, if he was shirtless (like he was 24/7 before) I wouldn't notice it. LOL!!!