Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Whoever is responsible for casting dayplayers has been doing a great job lately. The Kelly's waitress, the nurse yesterday, the anti-Sonny nurse from a few weeks ago, the skipper Dante interrogated back in Dec, Franco's lawyer, all of the judges . . .

Is Mark Teschner still in charge of casting? Does/did he just cast contract and recurring or dayplayers too?

• Love 3

I thought, too, that the kiddie quad would be sorased into teens when Spencer comes back.

Also had this kind of cool thought - if it's just a money thing for Genie to be on the show, get the Nutrisystem folks to pay her salary and she promotes weightloss at the gym that Lucy owns (and Milo trains at). That means she'd have to be in all the front burner stories and be the strong character she's always wanted to be.

The Nina stuff, is, as usual, just dumb. I was with her right up until she started to be fake crazy. Tired of that. Trouble is, if shes not with Franco, she doesn't have any place in any other story. She and Franco should just be sent in to the sunset somehow.

That "this part will now be played by" line delivered by a character rather than that "voice of God" was a little weird but I didn't hate it. I would love to hear a comment here and there from some random passer by about what's going on. If I were writing this show, that's what I'd do. If you're going to go with latex masks and characters that are shot through the heart and thrown overboard come back to life then what's stopping from going full on "little shop of horrors" complete with Greek trio?

Dear Show- you didn't make me hate AJ and you won't make me hate Michael either. I'm all Team Michael on the adoption thing. I fear he gets stuck with nuKiki in a loveless marriage, but I'm OK with history repeating itself not only with the AJ stuff, but in an Alan and Monica style releationship with Michael and Kiki.

• Love 6

Everytime someone says, "But Sonny is her father," I yell at the TV, "We don't know that for sure!!"  Why hasn't anyone, particularly Alexis, mentioned that??  When's the paternity test?  I don't want Morgan to be the father, either, and would like Ron to re-write it so that someone I don't hate is the father.  Because to me, Morgan is a stupid-head who never stops to think about anything.

They ran a paternity test after Avery was rescued from Nina and the test said Sonny was the father. Many of us think Carly messed with the test, though.

Oh and where exactly did Nik send Helena?  Is it on another planet, because you would think with all her ears and eyes on PC she would know that Spencer is in hospital.

She's on Cassadine Island.

I'm still pulling for a Micheal /Sabrina marriage. Sabrina, you don't have anything better to do. Come use your magic sugar sweet Disney fairy crap on Judge Custody. Do it for your man. And dress in business bitch attire (quote Kelly Kapoor, The Office). We need you with your "r's" a rolling. And all sweet and compassionate. No judge will turn down a young executive and a sweet nurse over a convicted murderer and a Carrrrrlllyyy.

• Love 2

They ran a paternity test after Avery was rescued from Nina and the test said Sonny was the father. Many of us think Carly messed with the test, though.

God save us from the stupid. Avery's DNA was ran only against Carly's and proved that since Avery didn't have any of Carly's DNA, Morgan couldn't be the father. The stupid it burns.

• Love 1

I'm still pulling for a Micheal /Sabrina marriage. Sabrina, you don't have anything better to do. Come use your magic sugar sweet Disney fairy crap on Judge Custody. Do it for your man. And dress in business bitch attire (quote Kelly Kapoor, The Office). We need you with your "r's" a rolling. And all sweet and compassionate. No judge will turn down a young executive and a sweet nurse over a convicted murderer and a Carrrrrlllyyy.

But Sonny loves his kids! And Carly is braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart!

The test didn't say Sonny was the father, it said Carly was not related to Avery.

That's right. Still, a test was run that seemed to indicate Sonny is the father.

• Love 3

I liked how Dr. O kept her cool and did the right thing, loved the shout-out to Shriner's (my niece had heart surgery and it was free because my sister couldn't afford it), and was gratified that Elizabeth said nice things to Dr. O.  I just don't see Dr. O as evil, like the rest of the villains, but that could just be because I love KG.  (Even though she's going to be in an internet series that has vampires or something in it)

Awfully nice of Elizabeth, seeing as she held her at gunpoint in her home, which would normally get a kidnapping conviction and life in prison . She held a mother/doctor for nearly two years and allowed her family to think she was dead and forced her father into a medically induced coma. I want Monica back as Chief of Staff, or for Chris Ramsey to return to Port Charles in the position. 

In this instance I prefer Helena, only because she isn't treated as someone that is to be respected.

This show, kidnapper Dr.O is made chief of staff (and I don't see any galvanizing of the staff to oust her, which is the only reason to have  her there), cold blooded killer Sonny gets freed after 3 months and a pretty newborn and Carly doesn't get even a slap on the wrist for covering it up, but lets bitch about mean Anna being cruel to Faison and if Patrick ever remembers he has a brother, how he is doing 5 years for killing someone trying to kill Patrick.  

• Love 9

I will say Nina had a useful moment - Her "that's my baby!" to Carly and Michael caused Carly to look furious and appalled. So she has done one positive thing, apart from contributing to the breakup of Silas and Sam. I think I fully expect Carly to jump off that bench and snarl "No, she's mine!" in Nina's face. As it is, she was talking to Michael like she's the matriarch of a household of children (theirs, his, and hers) she and Sonny raised together. I prefer to think Michael's unhappy face was because he had to listen to this crap without Monica or his late father there to support him and distract him from the insanity. I understand why Alexis questioned Michael. She knows Michael still feels a connection to Sonny, Morgan etc. and wants to be sure he can handle how it will change relationships. She's the mother of his adult sister after all, and knows that Kristina's history of anger toward Sonny covered up pain - she knew he was a bad guy but still loved him and wanted his attention. She couldn't not feel something for him despite his attempts to kill Jax, Johnny, etc. 

• Love 2

Dr. Matt Hunter would punch his brother in the face if he saw him now.

Matt : Are you serious? Robin leaves suddenly after being forced to save Jason's life by a Cassadine and then Cassadines pop up and you think nothing?

Patrick : Well I uh she said um

Matt: Because the Cassadines would never threaten you.... or Emma?

Patrick : Well, they did run my car off the road killing my unborn son by Sabrina.

Matt: You don't say? Wait, who the hell is Sabrina?

Patrick : A nurse. I almost married her. It didn't work out. The baby died. Now I'm dating Sam.

Matt: Does Sam know that her husband is alive and that Helena held Robin hostage and made her divorce you?

Patrick : I didn't even realize that.

Matt: So an amnesia guy with a hitman skill set that Helena is so interested in comes to town.

Patrick: Yeah. And like Carly and Liz are all fans of his. Now Sam.

Matt: He steals that stupid Phoenix thing Sam and Jason were all about. Talks about memories of her, the Quartermaines, uses the name of Jason and Liz's dead kid. And you have no clue what's going on?

Patrick : No. And a hippie moved in with Maxie. Oh and Sonny killed AJ. But the governor pardoned him.

Matt: And you don't know where your kid is? Like where is Emma?

Patrick : Sleepover?

Matt: I hate this town.

• Love 13

I'm surprised Ron hasn't had Sonny say that with Spencer in the hospital, there's a hole in his heart the size of the moon.

and follow it up with 

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie

That's amore

When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine

That's amore

Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling

And you'll sing "Vita bella"

Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay

Like a gay tarantella

I would PAY and PAY BIG to see Moobs Mozzarella belt that one out while slip-sliding away on all his tanning-lotion covered floor.  With Snarly wrapped around him like week old string cheese.

Cuz THAT'S AMORE in MoobsterLand.

• Love 4

I missed a middle chunk of Wednesday's episode due to some breaking news.  Did I miss anything worse youtubing?

I didn't by Fluke scaring Diane for one moment. No one else has ever. Diane has seen and handled some shit. Fluke is a mentally ill old man who is locked up and all of his big money backers have abandoned him. 

Who is paying Diane?

"Been a Cassidine all of five minutes, but I'm crazy about Spencer."

I'm gonna let that one go because a) You are not really a Cassidine and b) Even if you were a Cassidine you have been one all of five minutes.

"The role of Kiki Jerome will now be played by Haley Erin"

Silas: Excuse me, Kiki. I already can't stand to be in a scene with you, so I'm going over there to talk to Nina's brother.

I liked how Silas looked at Morgan when he was talking to new Kiki.

Not a fan of new Kiki and her prominent jaw.  She doesn't make all the weird Kiki faces but she isn't emoting correctly either.

• Love 2

Not a fan of new Kiki and her prominent jaw.  She doesn't make all the weird Kiki faces but she isn't emoting correctly either.

So Show went with the Rutabaga. Good choice.   High in Vitamin C.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Matt thinks the dress is black and blue. Patrick sees white and gold.

Lmao I saw this nonsense on the web. Almost as stupid as this show. Michael is starting to lose some of his lure with him constantly shrieking at people and using Avery.

• Love 6

Well he's leaving the hospital anyway...we could only dream he Actually left the show.

This probably makes me a horrible person, but I really hope that the Spencer actor booking a couple of primetime guest roles has caused he and/or his mother to get a big head, and he leaves the show.

I remember Jill fired the awesome Morgan kid actor because he did a pilot and the show wasn't even picked up.

Actually, can some existing CBS show add to him as a regular? I don't watch that network so he's more than welcome to go there. He can take Michelle and Roger with him.

• Love 5

Actually, can some existing CBS show add to him as a regular

Only if it's B&B since I don't watch. I do not want him on Y&R. Not that there's anyplace for him on that show anyway. The only small children are Lily and Cane's twins and they're black and rarely seen, lol! Not even JFP would mess with that one.

Nina: "Don't you remember me....?"

Me: "I'm Phyllis."

Nina: "...I'm Phyllis!"

Me: "I'll do the snarking around here, thank you, TFGH."

I liked the Shriners PSA. Surprisingly, they introduced it during the show rather than stick it at the end. There was no Sonny-proping. Moreso, it prevented Sonny from running and swiming over to Wyndemere to put out the flames himself.

I also liked the NPC introducing nuKiki instead of VoiceOver Guy. For me, I would have preferred a full Time Lord regeneration with streams of lights emanating from her body.

I'll give her a shot, but she would have worked better as a nuLulu.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 4

The only small children are Lily and Cane's twins ....... and rarely seen,

if only Ron could follow this. GH has far to many kids and Far Far too many babies: Avery, Rocco and soon Olivia's brat.  GH needs a purging of its kids, SOAR's Cam, Spencer, Emma and Joss and send them to college or boarding school (Emma and Joss are easy to get rid of:  Free Robin and send Joss and Emma to live with her and Jax (who hook up off screen just to fuck Patty and Carly) Spencer can go to boarding school and Cam can age to meet Molly and TJ.  Little kid problem solved

• Love 2

if only Ron could follow this. GH has far to many kids and Far Far too many babies: Avery, Rocco and soon Olivia's brat.  GH needs a purging of its kids, SOAR's Cam, Spencer, Emma and Joss and send them to college or boarding school (Emma and Joss are easy to get rid of:  Free Robin and send Joss and Emma to live with her and Jax (who hook up off screen just to fuck Patty and Carly) Spencer can go to boarding school and Cam can age to meet Molly and TJ.  Little kid problem solved

I can't believe how much they've turned me aganist baby stories lol.Its like if somebody doesn't have a story they think oh a baby story will be fun.Its like they can't think of anything else and characters like sonny and Julian having baby stories at there age is ridclous.

• Love 2

Only if it's B&B since I don't watch. I do not want him on Y&R. Not that there's anyplace for him on that show anyway. The only small children are Lily and Cane's twins and they're black and rarely seen, lol! Not even JFP would mess with that one.

Wait. I'm watching and enjoying B&B. I still think of certain characters as Dillon, AJ, Lois and Yelly Lucky/JR Chandler but it's all good.

Send Spencer to NBC instead.

• Love 2

Thanks, Peachmangosteen and I'm down with us all blaming GH for our problems, after all its the common factor across the board (take that lame meta wit, Ron!)

You should write for GH. That's better meta than RC comes up with!

About NuKiki, she seems so Amazonian to me. She was bigger than all the guys, I think. It'll take getting used to since KA was so small. She didn't set the world on fire in her scenes, but she wasn't terrible. But still, Kiki is so unnecessary, especially now that she's a Sonny cheerleader.

Michael holding Avery was so adorable. I really want him to win custody and grow to love Avery and then, bam, somehow Morgan is revealed as the real father. That's the kinda drama I'm into. Well, if it's written well, which it won't be, but still.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

You should write for GH. That's better meta than RC comes up with!

About NuKiki, she seems so Amazonian to me. She was bigger than all the guys, I think. It'll take getting used to since KA was so small. She didn't set the world on fire in her scenes, but she wasn't terrible. But still, Kiki is so unnecessary, especially now that she's a Sonny cheerleader.

Michael holding Avery was so adorable. I really want him to win custody and grow to love Avery and then, bam, somehow Morgan is revealed as the real father. That's the kinda drama I'm into. Well, if it's written well, which it won't be, but still.

Nukiki wasn't Amazonian but she's definitely more on an eye level to her two former paramours. Not to mention IMO she's more attractive

I'm hoping Silas is waiting and hoping that Ava wakes up before Telling Kiki her mother is alive but yet Kiki should know now. I don't understand why Silas isn't saying anything other than Ava is an escaped Criminal. But Kiki deserves to know

Don't forget Danny even though his mother seems to have. And there is Georgie, too.

Yes, I remember that...but they didn't actually test Sonny, they tested Snarly and found she wasn't related.  No one actually tested Sonny, so I don't necessarily believe he is the father.  I wonder why they don't test him?  That would seem a no-brainer thing for Alexis to ask about.

I stopped watching GH for a long time so I have no idea where that is - off the coast of Greece or something?  Nevertheless, Helena always seems to know what's going on in PC so it seems odd to me that she wouldn't know that Spencer is hurt.

Personally I find her head and features to be as strange as KA's. And she just is so much bigger and different from KA that it was just a huge disconnect for me. And that makes recasting Kiki with her even more stupid IMO.

I don't know which person said she was a Bratz doll, but ever since then that is how I think of her - she really does look like one, sad to say.  It would be hard for anyone to play Kiki at this point, I think, and making her a Sonny fan is not going to help viewers adjust to this new one.

This probably makes me a horrible person, but I really hope that the Spencer actor booking a couple of primetime guest roles has caused he and/or his mother to get a big head, and he leaves the show.

I remember Jill fired the awesome Morgan kid actor because he did a pilot and the show wasn't even picked up.

Actually, can some existing CBS show add to him as a regular? I don't watch that network so he's more than welcome to go there. He can take Michelle and Roger with him.

Why can't they fob him off on the Disney channel??  I don't have anything against the little actor, it's just...well...his scenes in the hospital where he doesn't sound injured at all (his responsibility, and I mean his affect, not the dialogue)...I think maybe his skill set would be better developed on a kiddie show.  I don't want to slam the kid, I just don't see a good fit here.

• Love 6

Freudian slip? Or deliberate?

I don't remember what happened Wednesday besides the Nikolas/Alexis stuff

Freudian.  Sometimes, I'll go to youtube to see what I missed but not sure there's anything that could have been shown that I would have been interested in,

What room is Ava in?  It looks like a basement morgue or some pre-WWII medical clinic in a bunker.

Kiki is usually such a slacker but she's all for steaming ahead and organizing a wake for her mom while her dad is out of town?  And she seems AOK with Sonny having this kid and doesn't look torn at all.  And no mooning over Michael when he comes in.

I hope new Kiki improves.  She (and the writing) sucks so far.  Maybe she can start using her given name in an effort to grow up.

• Love 1

So Morgan is going to get in Julian's face over Ava, spouting off about being so close to her, when he knew Sonny fully intended to kill her and he basically handed her over on a silver platter when he let his shit pot of a father know they'd been hiding her out at the Brownstone. 

Right...why couldn't Julian have punched him out of his chair? One good turn deserves another and all that business.

Olivia went to see Franco because of "reasons!".

I had to love that they couldn't even come up with a real reason why Olivia would ever just show up to see the freak in the actual dialog either. Lisa just kept stumbling and mumbling as if even she knew her lines were total bs and made no sense whatsoever.

And to top it all off Olivia told him that Julian was the real father of her baby because of course she would because we have to keep throwing shit at the wall with this mess so as much of it as possible will stick.

The Nina needs to be put down like a rabid dog. That is all. 

Sonny needs to shave. Oh and be dropped off a cliff chained to a boulder.

Carly needs to be buried alive.

Avery is too cute for words. She gets cuter every single time I see her.

More Liz and Jake nonsense blah blah bullshit as they continue to "bond" or whatever the hell they're supposed to be doing. They both are so very irksome.

I believe that 'thing' on Chad Duel's lip is courtesy of the makeup department. Prior to coming to the courthouse, Morgan socked him in the mouth at Kelly's, drawing blood.

I completely forgot about that. I really don't give this show a second thought after it ends so it didn't even cross my mind. But it just looked so much like a cold sore instead of a bruise or mark...though this makeup department is crappy about creating realistic wounds.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

Thank you, Michael, for reminding everyone that Sonny shot Dante.

Not that it will matter. Dante's "moved on", Olivia certainly has and Sonny is Sonny, he'll always forgive himself his transgressions regardless of whatever they may be.

If people in that town actually cared about all the damage Sonny has inflicted he would have been six feet under over a decade ago.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Sonny, the brain trust: being rude/douchey to Alexis and putting Michael down in the same sentence (doesn't matter that he was referring to Nina). 

Did Ron/writers steal the 'Mama Celeste" crack from TWOP or here? That Olivia-Franco visit was so WTF. He's going to remember, tell someone, and it's going to come back to bite her. 

Morgan's attitude toward Julian makes him look like such a little boy.

The judge is not the guy from the Claudia Z. murder trial. She's Mrs. Kim from Gilmore Girls. Long time, no see! The looks on Carly and Sonny's faces when Michael detailed to the judge the shootings of himself and Dante, the 3 kids being kidnapped, vehicle explosion, etc. ...priceless. Was not expecting Michael to bring up Sonny periodically goes off his bi-polar meds. 

So Ric's going to use Michael killing someone in self-defense as a reason he's not fit to raise Avery? Okay. I'll guess that strategy makes Michael's anger toward Sonny stronger and gets back to Elizabeth. Speaking of, she finally acknowledges that Jake may have a shot with her. Yawn. 

Silas and Ava are boring, the dialogue clunky, and Ava is not the brightest bulb. 

• Love 5
So Ric's going to use Michael killing someone in self-defense as a reason he's not fit to raise Avery?

Wait, what? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.) Ric does realize Michael killed Claudia because Carly was in labor with Joss, right? So protecting one little sister makes him unfit to raise another one? 

I have to stop expecting anything on this fakakta show to make sense. It can't even be explained by insane troll logic.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Did Ron/writers steal the 'Mama Celeste" crack from TWOP or here? That Olivia-Franco visit was so WTF. He's going to remember, tell someone, and it's going to come back to bite her.

I read a recap of the show and when those scenes were posted, one the members was highly insulted and thought that LLC should be too.  I took it more in the stealing lines from message boards he reads, because Ron sure doesn't seem to give a crap to actually write the show.

• Love 1