Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'll take it back if you promise not to fast forward through the Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli stuff! You can cover your eyes though as compensation.

Deal. I cover my eyes through a lot of the show anyway!

I like it when we see clothes again. It's realistic, something that rarely happens on a soap.

Same. I love when they have characters wear stuff they've worn before. It's not realistic for most of these people to have enough clothes to wear something different every single day. That being said, I hope Liz never wears that pink sweater with the black detail on the shoulders ever again because it's hideous.

Spinelli can act- point.

Debatable. He's awful to me. His voice and mannerisms are just so annoying.

The same thing could be said about Michael who was the one that discover that Dante was a cop and rushed to Sonny to tell him knowing what the consequences of his actions would be. Michael was jealous of Dominic's closeness to his father and position within Sonny's mob.

I think there's a difference in the circumstances between Michael and Spinelli in that instance that makes Michael less awful to me than Spinelli.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
On the surface, Spinelli seems like a nice guy. But he was a Jason worshipper to the point of being in on the planned murder of "Dominic" (Dante) when he knew damned well his dear friend Lulu was in love with the guy. He also kept his mouth shut about the baby when Lulu and Dante took her home to raise her, knowing he and Maxie were the parents. He's always been a passive aggressive coward.

The same thing could be said about Michael who was the one that discover that Dante was a cop and rushed to Sonny to tell him knowing what the consequences of his actions would be. Michael was jealous of Dominic's closeness to his father and position within Sonny's mob.

For my part, I have said this! :) And often, heh. Too much water under the bridge between Michael and Dante for Dante to say anything about it now but I was always mad he never got to call Michael out on it at the time. I think Kristina did though, so points to her.

• Love 3

I kinda liked Lucas' gesture today. I thought it was sweet :)

This. Brad/Lucas got to me, made me cry big tears.  

I also like seeing the characters wearing the same clothes over again.  I love that pink/black sweater that Becky was wearing.  I've seen her in it before.  

Having that chef be named Jean-Luc Picard made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.  I thought that woman was a gross caricature incapable of finding an intelligent, classy bald man attractive.  Hulk Hogan or Jesse Ventura are more her type.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 1

I don't know much about the Spinelli character, having not seen the show in a very long time - just know him from the Maxie pregnancy story.

I don't like the weird way he talks.  I don't know why the actor (or writers, or director, or whomever) makes the character talk in such a strange, forced way.  I have 2 sons who are computer nerds and neither talk like that, nor did any of the computer scientists I went to grad school with talk like that.  Is this an attempt at him sounding "intelligent"?  It annoys me a lot.  Way too affectatious. 

The character did have comedic moments, I think, but after his return I can't seem to recall any of them.  And it's a pity they didn't  bring Ellie back, as at least that character had a sense of right and wrong.  I don't know, maybe Spinelli has a moral compass but from what you guys have written about his past, it doesn't seem so.

I don't like Nathan with Maxie.  Maxie couldn't even be by herself when she went on her spiritual quest or whatever the heck that was - she was supposed to use the time for personal growth, I guess, but came back with an obnoxious new-agey conman.  She needs to be alone for awhile.  Be with her daughter and get her head together.

In fact, I wish that more women on GH would just, you know, be like regular people and not always have some tormented love affair going on.  Even Monica, who is supposed to be a professional woman, has taken up with that idiot judge who, while he was probably right in denying custody, did it for the stupidest reasons.  Ffs even Helena has a thing for fLuke or whoever he is.  I hate it.  There are women writers on GH, I noticed in the credits, so why don't they do a little better with portraying women?  Does RC need to play out his neuroses and make all the writers fall in line with that?

Just a thought.

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 3
Still doesn't make it right of Spinelli! :p

Look at it this way, ulkis, maybe Dante has grown to love Spinelli too. ;-)

Don't get me started on how stupid and plot pointy Dante asking Spinelli to be the godfather for Connie was! DON'T DO IT COBALT.

Time to bring back this brilliant post from Francie

Dante: Would you be our kid’s godfather?

Spinelli: Really? I don’t seem to be the right choice. Perhaps the child’s uncle, Nikolas?

Or, if one insists on Spinelli speak: Your choice is most unexpected. I feel compelled to inquire as to the certainty of your selection. Without questioning your kind intentions and at the risk of seeming less than grateful for this fine honor you seek to bestow upon me, I offer, would not the Fair Prince Nikolas better serve in an in loco parentis capacity?

Dante: Well, yeah, I know that’s the choice LuLu and I would have made if we were allowed to act like we are three dimensional characters. But you see the writers are working backwards from the plot point that our child is not ours, you know biologically-speaking, and that you are really the father. Now, see, I don’t know that you’re the true biological father of the child, so the choice makes no sense to me – the character – but nevertheless, in order to serve the purposes of the plot, I gotta ask you instead of a more sensible choice.

Spinelli: How does it serve the plot, exactly?

Dante: [thinks. appears confused] Well, it doesn’t really affect the plot. But it’s supposed to be all ironic, I guess.

Spinelli: You know, the true definition of irony is …

Dante: Hey man, I just mean it’s supposed to make the scene all angsty and whatnot.

Spinelli: I understand. In that case, I accept.

In conclusion, yes, Dante will probably love the dweeb now that he's taken such good care of Georgie/Connie or whatever. hmmph.

• Love 4

I think Bradford Anderson is talented. He's given a ton of complicated dialogue and makes it work. I think the writers go overboard with Spin-speak a lot because they know BA can handle it. It's been that way since the character was introduced—it's not just a Ron thing.

Spinelli as a character, though? I hate his mobster propping and his passive-aggressiveness. He can be kind of funny at times, but I don't like how toxic he and Maxie are together.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

I think the writers go overboard with Spin-speak a lot because they know BA can handle it.

I felt like RC and company actually backed off a little with regard to the OTT Spin-speak that Guza had started.  During the end of his last run, he actually seemed to become more of a real boy.

• Love 5

I think Bradford Anderson is talented. He's given a ton of complicated dialogue and makes it work. I think the writers go overboard with Spin-speak a lot because they know BA can handle it. It's been that way since the character was introduced—it's not just a Ron thing.

Spinelli as a character, though? I hate his mobster propping and his passive-aggressiveness. He can be kind of funny at times, but I don't like how toxic he and Maxie are together.

Spinelli is the C. W. Moss to Sonny and Jason's Bonnie and Clyde.  He's so happy to be playing with the cool kids he doesn't care that they're using him for nefarious purposes. He just wants to be liked.

• Love 7

My favorite part of GH was when KS made a raspberry sound with her lips and then Harper did it right after her. Adorable. Such a difference to see a mom act with her own child - she was so natural holding her, playing with her and feeding her Cheerios. I was very afraid for her earrings, though. Ouch.

Also enjoyed Julian chatting with his kids and Alexis coming in at the end. I'm a Julexis fan so I'm ready to have them back together again. Ned and Liv can raise the baby for all visit care.

Finally, the grand gesture from Lucas was great. It's not necessary all the time, but after talking with his family, he realized deep down he was in love and found a way to show it to a guy that is big with the gestures. Very sweet.

The guest stars seemed to fit in well - especially Cristela, but I can't stand how they portray women from Bensonhurst. She waltzes in to a mansion where her son is working and badmouths someone while drinking someone else's wine? Nope.

Sorry this is long - guess I liked this episode!

• Love 3

I just posted the other day in unpopular opinions, but I also like Spinelli and am glad he is back.  I love his friendship with Sam, what can I say...I am a sucker.

Maybe Sam will spend most of her tying doing PI stuff with Spin and won't be forced to compete with that bran muffin stalker nurse for Jason's love. Wishful thinking, I know.

• Love 2

Maybe Billy Miller will have something to do other than "I don't remember ", "Elizabeth believes in me so gosh I'm ok", or "I kind of remember that."

How hard is it to write for the actors that can act? Like where is Anna? Where has Jordan's wardrobe been? Why does TJ have two scenes every few months? Yet, I've seen TG ham it up nonstop.

• Love 2

I felt like RC and company actually backed off a little with regard to the OTT Spin-speak that Guza had started.  During the end of his last run, he actually seemed to become more of a real boy.

Agreed. Awhile back I re-watched Season 1 of Night Shift. His Spin-speak was unbearable then (not to mention his hair). 

Why does TJ have two scenes every few months? 

They should have had TJ start working with Michael instead of making up with Shawn and his mother. How much more dramatic would the potential boat explosion would have been if TJ was with Michael and Jourdan found out about the bomb? I kept inserting him in scenes with Michael, throwing shade at Sonny's various defenders, maybe reminding Ivy she probably wouldn't have  been killed by the bomb because Michael had removed from the room. It is pretty stupid and incredibly glaring. 

• Love 4

Spinelli's in Night Shift? Well, taking that off my list of shows to watch!

Not in season two, which is the only season worth watching anyway.

Maybe Billy Miller will have something to do other than "I don't remember ", "Elizabeth believes in me so gosh I'm ok", or "I kind of remember that."

How hard is it to write for the actors that can act? Like where is Anna? Where has Jordan's wardrobe been? Why does TJ have two scenes every few months? Yet, I've seen TG ham it up nonstop.

How dare you say that about Geary, grrpants? you. are. finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiished!

• Love 3

How dare you say that about Geary, grrpants? you. are. finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiished!

Oh noes! Now I'll be creeped out even more by the old man at the grocery store who yells show tunes. He might lock me in a basement or put a a BOMB on teh boat!

• Love 4

Oh yeah, we're getting a full redux of Alexis' pregnancy with Kristina.  Ned and Olivia will claim they slept together at some point and this is Ned's baby.  Ron will claim it's "ironic" or something.  More like "moronic".  

And again, why are these type of plots happening in this age bracket?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Of course, Ned could claim the baby as his or he could let Olivia just say it's Julian's. This way, Alexis will possibly dump Julian and settle for Ned. Either way, I really like Wally Kurth. He's a Quartermaine, he can act and somehow he's found the fountain of youth. He looks amazing. I'm at least happy that RC writes for him & uses him.

• Love 7

I luckily didn't see the story with Alexis passing as Dobson and whatnot so I probably won't hate this retelling of it as much as others. I wish they hadn't wrote in LiLo's pregnancy or that they'd have just made Ned the father, but I'm willing to wait and see with this story because I like Ned, I like Olivia, and I think they could be cute together. At least Sonny, Jakeson, and Franco aren't involved in it!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Poor NLG. If proof were needed that Guza could be petty and vindictive, Dobson was Exhibit A. I like to think she hung in there just to stick it to him, to force him to fire her if he wanted her gone.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I bet Olivia says the baby is Sonny's. He's a good mobster, unlike that terrible evil Julian, and he is the best father ever. He only ever shot Olivia's other kid in the chest once, after all. And the kid lived, so it's fine.

Real talk: I'm a little hurt that no one noticed my new avatar, created just for you crazy kids. So hurt in fact that I've had to drink two boxes to deal with the pain.

• Love 6

Yeah, this really seems like a plot more appropriate for the twenty-somethings on the show, not people in their mid-40s and up.

I just posted the other day in unpopular opinions, but I also like Spinelli and am glad he is back.  I love his friendship with Sam, what can I say...I am a sucker.

I really like his friendship with Sam too. And since Ron refuses to remember that Saxie are friends, I welcome Spin's return solely for this reason. I think BA is a really good actor, and he likes sports so he's cool with me. Yes, Spin sucks for both his role in trying to kill Dante and for the lame way he acts around Maxie. I would rather he not be so enamored with her. That's why I really liked Spin and Ellie together. Two dorks being adorkable. Did we ever decide if Spin has Asperberger's?

I have been out of town, driving 12 hours out of the last 48. I haven't watched Friday's show, nor do I have any desire to. Wake me up when Ava, Anna and Jordan come back. I'm beyond bored with this sweeps.

This is the same guy who gave us the kiddie quad. This is rhetorical, right?

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

Just to be clear, I don't think Spin is awful forever or anything cause of the whole involved-in-attempted-murder thing, just that it's crazy when the characters act like Spin is a sweet harmless muffin.

Actually, now that I think about it, since Sonny had too good of a time in prison, Michael should lock him in an elevator with Spinelli. That would drive him nuuuuts.

• Love 7

I really do wonder if they'll write Ned claiming the baby exactly like they did with him claiming Alexis' baby.  I wonder if Olivia will be thankful to Ned, but make it clear that he'll be the father in name only and that she'll be a single mother. I wonder if Ned will agree and smile and be gentlemanly.

And then I wonder if once the baby is born, Ned will hire a nanny and talk about them being a family while Olivia's face registers her growing discomfort at Ned going back on his word.  I wonder if she'll thank him for everything he's done and how grateful she is, but remind him about their previous agreement, of her raising the baby alone, with him as a father figure, but that no, she won't be living with him and there won't be a nanny.  I wonder if Ned's gentlemanly do-gooder mask will fall off and he'll coldly sneer that if she doesn't agree to HIS wishes, then maybe he'll tell Julian the truth and all that she's done to protect her kid will be for naught because Ned isn't getting what he wants.

Considering how much RC *loves* delving into history for his stories, I certainly hope he remembers what Ned was like the last time this happened and not sell some "Ned is SUCH an amazing guy!" bullshit.

• Love 1

Yeah, this really seems like a plot more appropriate for the twenty-somethings on the show, not people in their mid-40s and up.

This plot is completely stupid for this group. These players are grandparents for fuck's sake.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 1

Since Spin's parentage is unknown, is it a possibility that he is a Sonny spawn, especially since Sonny really hated him. If that happens, it could be amusing.

There was actually a time under Guza when the show was strongly hinting that Spin was Kannie's child, and then Diane's, and then whatever 'long lost' story was being planned was totally dropped.

By biggest fear is that they'll give Baby Georgie some genetic condition and use it to reveal Spin is a long lost son of Tracy's or Alan's or some other bullshit. I'd rather have no Q's than Spin as a Q. If he has to be connected to an existing family, make him a Corinthos as that family already sucks.

ETA: that actually reminds me of when Guza spent about a year hinting that Zander was Alexis' long lost son, and then one day it was just dropped.

As far as I'm concerned, I would love if they brought back CB as Zander, revealed he had been in witness protection, totally ignored that dumb story with Cameron, and also revealed that Alexis had given birth to twins (Sam & Zander).

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

As far as I'm concerned, I would love if they brought back CB as Zander, revealed he had been in witness protection, totally ignored that dumb story with Cameron, and also revealed that Alexis had given birth to twins (Sam & Zander).

I'd love to have Zander back too, but keep him away from the mob stuff. Have him work with Jax, or in a hospital related field. 

• Love 4

I'd rather have no Q's than Spin as a Q. If he has to be connected to an existing family, make him a Corinthos as that family already sucks.

Well, let's not get crazy. First of all, the last thing Sonny needs is another spawn - its bad enough watching him practically licking his chops over Avery - and as much as I don't really like Spinelli, no one deserves that as a father.

• Love 6

Ditto what jay741982 said. This is an excellent day to fast forward Sonny, because then you'll miss the nonsense with Carly too. Poor Avery, stuck with those two at the moment. LOVED that their 'romantic time' and him going on about Avery was interrupted by Michael serving him with Avery custody papers. The rage in Sonny's face --- hahahaha!!! Rolling my eyes at Carly telling Michael in the previews that he's "not going to get away with it." 

Michael FOR THE WIN! Loved everything about him today, in full Q/anti-Sonny mode. AJ and Edward would be proud. 

Maxie telling Spinelli he shouldn't be saying this is the first correct thing she's said in quite some time. And Spinelli. you pointing out that maybe Maxie and Nathan can't work as a couple is not rocket science. It's pretty clear Maxie's not good enough for Nathan. But you're choosing not to remember how toxic you two were together. 

Gloating asshole is not an attractive look, Julian.  Yes, Ned, you've been an idiot. Olivia's tears - sad.

• Love 3