Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Fonduke-ing latex fake genitalia.  

Only in a GH posting would this even be a consideration or possibility EVER. LOL

Found today entertaining from that seriously hilarious death by comb Julian almost got....seriously what WAS the thug going to do comb him to death? To Sam yet again trotting out SPENCER as a credible source to ANYONE. Does she seriously not realize what a moron she looks like using that child as her witness? hahahaha.

Helena's suit was to die for!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

As far as the Fluke is really Luke theory...what about the guy at Shadybrooke Julian and Alexis talked to right before they rescued "Luke"?  Somebody was being held there.

Hmmm . .  Maybe the "good" Luke re-asserted himself and Helena stashed him there until the other Luke could take control again?  

• Love 1

Okay I realize this probably should be in the specutation thread so I'll post it there too for anyone to f/u on but since so much Fluke speculation is happening here I though I'd put it here too b/c it was about today's show too.

When Helena was talking to Fluke they seemed very close like partners and collegues not really like one was the boss over the other. We have both Bill and Patricia being brought up. What if Helena is really Patricia? Hasn't she always been at odds with Luke? Maybe the reason Fluke knows so much about Luke is he learned it from Helena. And Fluke IS Bill. Maybe somehow Bill and Patricia have been close all these years and where ever Patricia "went" when Bobbie and Luke went to Florida is where Bill was raised too. Maybe Bill and Patricia are more like siblings and the Q's are somehow involved in what bad things could have happened in childhood and Patricia is trying to get them back by stealing their company. It just seems odd that Patricia and Bill keep being talked about and the seeming head of all this is Fluke AND Helena.

Hey, I googled "soldier boy" because well fuck I'm dumb as Rybeck minus the taking 20 years off CM Punk's life and giving Dolph Ziggler a concussion. I found out that Soulja Boy "Tell Em" is worth 25 million $ and the song is called "Crank That (Soulja Boy Tell Em)" . Also, there's a Destiny's Child song called "Soldier" where Beyonce mostly sings that she needs "a soldier/a man from the streets" and that he better be looking good. If either one of these are performed at the Nurse's Ball- or any attempt at Beyonce (looking at you Alderson) I riot. So clearly Fluke is a hip hop fan, no?

Hey, I googled "soldier boy" because well fuck I'm dumb as Rybeck minus the taking 20 years off CM Punk's life and giving Dolph Ziggler a concussion. I found out that Soulja Boy "Tell Em" is worth 25 million $ and the song is called "Crank That (Soulja Boy Tell Em)" . Also, there's a Destiny's Child song called "Soldier" where Beyonce mostly sings that she needs "a soldier/a man from the streets" and that he better be looking good. If either one of these are performed at the Nurse's Ball- or any attempt at Beyonce (looking at you Alderson) I riot. So clearly Fluke is a hip hop fan, no?

There's also the Shrielles' classic "Soldier Boy", but needs to stay as far away from NB destruction as possible.

• Love 1

Okay I realize this probably should be in the specutation thread so I'll post it there too for anyone to f/u on but since so much Fluke speculation is happening here I though I'd put it here too b/c it was about today's show too.

When Helena was talking to Fluke they seemed very close like partners and collegues not really like one was the boss over the other. We have both Bill and Patricia being brought up. What if Helena is really Patricia? Hasn't she always been at odds with Luke? Maybe the reason Fluke knows so much about Luke is he learned it from Helena. And Fluke IS Bill. Maybe somehow Bill and Patricia have been close all these years and where ever Patricia "went" when Bobbie and Luke went to Florida is where Bill was raised too. Maybe Bill and Patricia are more like siblings and the Q's are somehow involved in what bad things could have happened in childhood and Patricia is trying to get them back by stealing their company. It just seems odd that Patricia and Bill keep being talked about and the seeming head of all this is Fluke AND Helena.

I would be down for 'Helena is Patricia' if it wasn't for the StavLu embryo, and the bizarre sexual undertone that TG and CT have always infused into their scenes.  Didn't they kiss at one point?

• Love 1

As far as the Fluke is really Luke theory...what about the guy at Shadybrooke Julian and Alexis talked to right before they rescued "Luke"?  Somebody was being held there.

Since Heather seems to be running things at Shadybrooke, I can fanwank that she paid off that guy for reasons. Who knows, maybe she is Fluke or running the LOD.

Actually, is there a GH recent villain not involved with the LOD.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 1

I'm going to go ahead and make my final prediction: Fluke is the real Luke and the guy tied up is either a figment of his imagination that Luke is trying to excise but cant let go off, or is some patsy, Bill, that was brainwashed into believing he was Luke.

I think Helena and Faison would work with the real Luke.

I've also wondered if Fluke is the real Luke. These are well-thought-out alternatives.

• Love 2

Actually, is there a GH recent villain not involved with the LOD.

At the moment, just Heather.  Although I guess it could be argued that her kidnapping of Carly led to Luke's original imprisonment in Miscavige with Scotty, which led to all this Fluke stuff.

I wonder if the neighbor's tree is a plot point. Perhaps Luke was giving Pat a hand up and he dropped her or something stupid like that.

Plus, I do not have any keys to my childhood home.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 1

Nah. Bill is Tim and Pat's son - or just Pat's son - passed off as a cousin, by rape and/or incest. That's the dark secret. That's how Bill and Pat tie together. It was a shot in the dark but it's looking better all the time.

• Love 5

I wonder if the neighbor's tree is a plot point. Perhaps Luke was giving Pat a hand up and he dropped her or something stupid like that.

I have keys to my childhood home because my mom still lives there.

So Nik won't say anything to Sam about Helena gunning for her because he wants all the monies? And Jakeson will try to kill her but have a flash of memory, right? [/spec]

And I knew Jakeson wouldn't actually see Kevin, he doesn't take an agency in finding out who he is unless pressed by someone else; and even then, he does little. I wonder if that's a product of the brainwashing, Helena may have instructed him to not look too deeply into his past.

• Love 2

If I'm being generous to the writers, I'll assume amnesiac Jason has no curiosity about his identity because, subconsciously, he knows his real identity is that of a brain damaged, hypocritical, murdering asshole. He's subconsciously in complete denial and doesn't want to be Jason.

But it's probably just a stupid, stupid plot contrivance to keep this madness grinding along.

• Love 6

But the Spencer's no longer live there and still have keys?!? No one in my family still lives in our childhood home and no one has keys to it ether.

This Fluke/Luke crap is just stupid. I honestly have no idea what's going on with this story anymore and I don't care who Fluke is. What I want to know is: how long has Luke allegedly been in that basement tied up. I mean does Fluke get someone to feed and water him? Humans can only live so long without water. And where is Luke going to the bathroom? Just give me a break with this stuff.

RC move the story along or stop. This show is such a mess. I didn't even bother to watch this week. When I'd rather watch The Bold and The Beautiful, things are bad at GH.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 4

You know as with Anna I have really tried to see it but this Johnny guy is NOTHING but a common thug with weird tics and a bipolar manner. I thought it bad enough he killed ONE person but now I'm hearing he killed like 3 people. I truly just don't get how that makes him any less a thug than Sonny, Ava, Franco et al. I can't understand how he can be someone to root for OVER the police.

I suppose it's too much to hope that Johnny has been working deep cover for the WSB to bring down the LoD, a la WISEGUY.

notLuke looked like Luke even then according to Julian, so clearly Ron wants to make damn sure we know he isn't wearing a "mask", it's his real face unfortunately.

Has plastic surgery been ruled out as a possibility?

To be fair, Julian isn't exactly innocent.  He may not be guilty of killing Anthony, but he's guilty of other crimes.  If he waltzes in to the police station and admits guilt, why not go with it?

Because, in this scenario, putting Julian behind bars requires freeing Johnny, who is also guilty of numerous crimes.  There's nothing to be gained here.

That would be a legitimately cool ripoff and I am all for it. Step right up, Rosalie/Kiki/Sabrina!

"Look at the flowers, Spencer, look at the flowers..."

I think how this works is that Pat is a lesbian who changed her gender.  I know that sounds strange but it does happen.  So that would make sense.  And if Pat is a lesbian and was sexually abused by her father or by Luke, that could play into this as well.

Could they be going for  a PSYCHO-type thing where "Pat" is a DID-suffering Luke's alternate identity, like the way Norman Bates assumed his mother's identity?

I am so tired of the same crap being repeated over and over again.  Today we have Sam questioning Dr O when she SHOULD be out checking Jake's alibi.  Good god, is it that hard to see if he was actually job hunting?  He gave her a damn list of where he went.    And now instead of Liz blindly defending Jake, we have Carly doing it...and she knows Jake even less than Liz does.  I get that Sam's evidence is flimsy, but NOBODY KNOWS WHO THIS GUY REALLY IS.

What got me is that Carly said something to Jake about him suffering from a traumatic brain injury and it didn't occur to her to connect it to that OTHER guy she once knew who had a traumatic brain injury!

But then again, this is the town where nobody could figure out that "AJ" might possibly stand for "Ava Jerome".

Two random thoughts about today's episode:

1.  I can understand why the people that lived in the old Spencer house after Luke and Laura would keep the beautiful rocking chair, but why on Earth would anybody keep that sfugly armchair?!

2.  Credit where credit is due - that WTF?!?! look that Sonny had on his face when Julian said that the person controlling Johnny had Luke's face was PRICELESS.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2
I think how this works is that Pat is a lesbian who changed her gender.  I know that sounds strange but it does happen.  So that would make sense.  And if Pat is a lesbian and was sexually abused by her father or by Luke, that could play into this as well.

I can't put into words how much I think Ron should never, ever be allowed to touched and write about this sort of subject matter in a million years.

I really don't think any soap period should ever go down such a route, especially when you involve the rape of a legacy character by her husband's sister who had a sex change. That is so...I just can't. It'd be the most foul outcome they could end this on, imho, the most very foul and deplorable.

Not so far, but at least a mask has been. To say that Ron has beaten the mask angle into the ground is an understatement.

There's nothing to be gained here.

I feel as if that applies to this whole bloody show. Every single time I tune in and see what's going on, what's happening and most of all what's to come...there is truly nothing to be gained, except perhaps a headache and a bad case of indigestion.

That Bobbie had the house keys was so overly coincidental! Boo hiss!

And I think Bobbie's father could have messed up both his daughters--Bobbie started out as a prostitute, and the bad genes/bad vibes have certainly been carried on in Carly (and maybe Joss, who is already a sarcastic "nobody's fool".)

Middle-aged Carly (she could be a grandmother if Morgan had fathered Avery) is so pathetic in her emotional dramatics and feigned interest in Jakeson's dilemma. It's painfully obvious that she is lining him up as her next fuck, and doesn't care about him deeply. She just escaped the trainwreck of a marriage with serial killer Franco; now she's eagerly pursuing a very dangerous terrorist/hitman.

"Can't we see Carly stopped in her tracks by menopause symptoms or some other real trial of life?" (I asked myself...but then remembered that Matriarch Bobbie, who could be a GREAT grandmother, is having ever-hot sex with Scott).

• Love 1

Jackie did a pretty good job on Friday. Since the worst of her plastic surgeries she has often been overly mannered and cutesy, either trying to overcompensate or just struggling overall with her new features, but she mostly was very affecting in the scenes at the house, clearly overcome. It helped that her face looked a lot better.

Playing the Pat/Bill linkage out, you can even hypothetically postulate that both Bill and Luke are in fact Pat's twin sons - perhaps by their own abusive father, Tim Spencer, with Bill sent off to the Eckerts while Luke was raised as Tim and Lena's and Pat, well, who knows. It may not go that far, but I think however they're all tied together it's going to be close.

I can see why some variation on that kind of story, if it was the one originally pitched to TG, would hook him. As usual with Ron it's not a bad twist, at least IMO - it's the path to this moment, the months of bullshit, and the ridiculous execution that got us here that has stunk. And as usual with Ron, he doesn't care about those. He cares about the big moment.

• Love 7

Constance Towers looked spectacular today. She's obviously still wearing her own clothes and accessories, and I bet she does her own hair and makeup, too. 

I could not take my eyes off that gorgeous jacket. Her wardrobe is as killer as Helena herself. 

I would be down for 'Helena is Patricia' if it wasn't for the StavLu embryo, and the bizarre sexual undertone that TG and CT have always infused into their scenes.  Didn't they kiss at one point?

Luke Skywalker made out with his sister......

• Love 2

I could not take my eyes off that gorgeous jacket. Her wardrobe is as killer as Helena

herself. 

Luke Skywalker made out with his sister......

I believe neither Luke nor Leia had any clue they were related when they made-out.  Presumably,  Helena has known she is Patricia the whole time.   And like I said, TG and CT have infused their scenes over the last almost 20 years with sexual tension.  

What's crazy is that as preposterous and icky as 'Helena as Patricia' would be, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron went there.  That said, I genuinely would not be surprised by absolutely anything Ron would do.  If on Monday's show Lucy suddenly declared that she was Baby Georgie who time travelled, I wouldn't blink.

Well Fluke kind of did during a scene that feels like a million years ago. He basically told Luke he didn't need plastic surgery. I think when Fluke visited Luke at the asylum. Of course, I could be remembering that wrong, but I swear that convo happened.

I believe neither Luke nor Leia had any clue they were related when they made-out.

They did not know they were related. And is one kiss really making out? I've seen those movies many times and I have no recollection of anything other than a single kiss!

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 1

I disagree with you on the first part though peach as you knew I would ;) Dante does get off his high horse a lot. (Especially for Carly, of all people! bah) I mean, he was totally a dick yesterday. But I don't think that makes him a hypocrite for all time or just because he's nice to Sonny doesn't mean he can't talk about anyone else ever.

Oh this is true for sure. Dante is probably the least hypocritical character honestly, but that's not saying too much for this show. And generally I like Dante and I usually enjoy his attitude. But the AJ stuff still pisses me off. And the current stuff with Johnny does, too. But, if this all somehow ends in an actual onscreen Dante/Anna affair, than I'm all for it!

BTW, I love Sonny's whole look in prison. He looks like Kate Mulgrew on Orange is the New Black.

LOL! Wow, he does. That being said, and I am super ashamed to admit this, I think MB looks hot in that beanie. Sorry!

But again with the Fluke is Pat stuff, it doesn't fit Johnny knowing her and being close to her.

But I don't think it's canon at all that Johnny knows/is close to Fluke. The face touching could mean something, but it could be nothing. RC doesn't really think that deeply about these stories.

I wasn't paying super close attention to the Sonny/Julian scenes because they were so embarrassing, but did I hear right that Julian told Sonny he doesn't even know who Fluke actually is? I can't remember what he told Alexis about the whole thing. I guess he could be lying to either or both of them though. But I would find it super hilarious if none of the people working for/with Fluke even know who he is.

I was thinking maybe this story would make more sense if I had any clue about the original Bill Eckert stuff, but I doubt it since you guys seem just as confused.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
I believe neither Luke nor Leia had any clue they were related when they made-out.  Presumably,  Helena has known she is Patricia the whole time.   And like I said, TG and CT have infused their scenes over the last almost 20 years with sexual tension.

Helena's twisted enough that it could still be legit.  Not that I think she's Patricia, but that wouldn't rule it out for me, either. 

But I don't think it's canon at all that Johnny knows/is close to Fluke. The face touching could mean something, but it could be nothing. RC doesn't really think that deeply about these stories.

I think it's just to establish that Johnny knows that whoever that is, it isn't really Luke.  

• Love 1
Today we have Sam questioning Dr O

I actually enjoyed Sam snatching on Dr. O's name tag.  Then again, I prefer watching a scene set in the hospital instead of watching disgusting  behavior in a prison yard or even more violent and sick behavior with a tied-up hostage with the hostage taker wildly swinging a baseball bat at imaginary heads.

• Love 5

I don't have keys to my childhood home, and my mom still lives there. What's weird is Bobbie having a key when the house is empty, and she hasn't lived or even been there in years. And Bill supposedly owns it. They should have made it that she found a key in an old hiding place.

2.  Credit where credit is due - that WTF?!?! look that Sonny had on his face when Julian said that the person controlling Johnny had Luke's face was PRICELESS.

That was great. GH needs more of these supremely soapy moments, where the ridiculous plot point is spelled out like that and we get to see characters react like they aren't on a soap.

Matriarch Bobbie, who could be a GREAT grandmother, is having ever-hot sex with Scott

Do you object to Bobbie, an olds, having ever-hot sex in general or having ever-hot sex with Scott? Scott is the problem IMO, not Bobbie's age.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
Do you object to Bobbie, an olds, having ever-hot sex in general or having ever-hot sex with Scott? Scott is the problem IMO, not Bobbie's age.

How old is Bobbie supposed to be?  60?  And Carly is 40?   Those are believable.   And while I don't want to know (or see) my grandparents (or anyone's) having sex, I'm sure sex happens.

I think I got a concussion the past few episodes with all the anvils.  Bill Eckert coming up in conversation.  (I wasn't around for his first trip to PC so I do appreciate the backstory)  Then sister Pat.  Then all the hints of Fluke being around to see Luke's life.  Then the basement being revealed as the childhood home.  The bat.  Then Fluke fingering the growth marks on the basement door jamb stopping just at Bill's. 

I am so over Sonny dressed like a punk. I am ready for this prison nonsense to be over so Mo would dress up in smart suits already. For the most part, Maurice' yumminess is the only pleasure I deprive from Sonny. 

Sonny doesn't have less screetime in prison, he is on screen the same amount only he looks like a dirty old man. I still watch soaps for shallow reasons. :/

I am so tired of the same crap being repeated over and over again.  Today we have Sam questioning Dr O when she SHOULD be out checking Jake's alibi.  Good god, is it that hard to see if he was actually job hunting?  He gave her a damn list of where he went.    

Checking out his alibi is one way to find out the truth but not the only way. Disregarding his information, since she doesn't trust him makes the most sense to me.

Piecing together when she's heard from more legitimate sources is where she should focus her energy on and is what she's doing.  I wasn't expecting her to place Helena with Fiason's going away party on the docks so that was a pleasant surprise. It is a weird coincidence that Helena appears at around the same time that John Doe did.

I am so over Sonny dressed like a punk. I am ready for this prison nonsense to be over so Mo would dress up in smart suits already. For the most part, Maurice' yumminess is the only pleasure I deprive from Sonny. 

Sonny doesn't have less screetime in prison, he is on screen the same amount only he looks like a dirty old man. I still watch soaps for shallow reasons. :/

Heh, I think he looks much cuter in his prison grunge wear than he has in a suit in ages. 

• Love 2

I didn't mean it that way--not a specific slap at Bobbie's age. I was aiming for her immaturity and failure to grow, despite her years of opportunity.

In the previous paragraph, I was fulminating about Carly, hoping that at some point soon she might mature, develop, or blossom into a middle-aged woman with a rich, nuanced character and personality. Though she has been through so much in personal relationships, has had children, and fearlessly runs a complicated business or two (without training or much education, apparently), Carly continues to be a narcissist who goes through life the easy way on shallow sex without intimacy, lies, excuses, false appearance, empty threats, cheating, etc. She whines about life giving her lemons, but she has wasted golden opportunities to grow and learn. Therapy would help her find deeper meaning in her life, along with honesty and true kindness, but I am sure that she would never consider it because therapy is work, and Carly is lazy. So she continues to slide by year after year as long as she keeps her looks and can lose herself in adventures with serial killers, hitmen, and empty sexual relationships.

Bobbie has apparently abandoned her thriving nursing career, and spends little time with her grandchildren. I referenced Bobbie because I could see how Carly might have adopted so many of these attitudes from Bobbie, her mother. At times now Bobbie does seem to have grown and is wiser and more kind and honest, yet even though she has lived longer than Carly, she still seems to lack goals or commitments, but is into all the shallow sex she can muster. Like her mother, Carly loses or overlooks all her opportunities to actualize her unique self.

If we compare Bobbie and Carly to Robin and Anna, the differences become even sharper. Robin and Anna have met their life opportunities more from their unique selves. Of course they aren't perfect by a long shot, and even share some of Bobbie's and Carly's flaws. However, Anna's lifelong commitment  to making a difference through law enforcement for the good of society and Robin's dedication to medicine for the good of society show that they have goals and commitments beyond themselves. Despite their failures and problems, Anna and Robin enjoy richer and more mature lives than Bobbie and Carly.

• Love 3

Great news about KA, now Easton has to follow suit.

I would think it should mean the end of him as well as MW, as Ava goes for a long prison term and Kiki and Silas go to raise Avery (who will return in four years as a SOARS, slightly older than Morgan young woman looking for revenge on Sonny who abandoned her) or perhaps Morgan is revealed to be the father and BC leaves as well

• Love 3

Hi Chandy. How you been?

Cake needs to come back, then Kiki can smoother in the icing:  The New Legion of Doom: Chandy, Crane and Cake......beware

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 3