Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm confused. I thought Jerry told Tracy that the real Luke is being held captive somewhere? Today it seemed like she and Lulu are unaware that the person currently calling himself Luke is an imposter

Because Ron has to ensure these characters function at a mental level which has them just slightly above the intelligence of a pet rock, Lulu and Tracy still believe that notLuke is the real Luke, therefore that's why they think Jerry does have the real Luke because they can't tell the bloody difference even now.

They still have no clue that they've been played and manipulated by notLuke this whole time despite the billion bits of evidence which point to the contrary.

The stupidity of it all burns like acid. It just screams of lazy ass writing and not nearly enough planning ahead, or planning at all.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

I can't with this episode. Anna being treated like a criminal while Dr. O acts like some kind of fucking victim?

Seriously ridiculous. Completely and utterly beyond foolish. Are we really supposed to feel sorry for Faison or Dr. O?!? Give me a frickin break.

Oh yay Fluke is back. I'm so excited. Okay you caught me. That's a lie. I don't care at all. I  no longer remember what this Luke/Fluke crap was supposed to be about. How convenient for Fluke to show up just as Luke was finally able to break out.

They still have no clue that they've been played and manipulated by notLuke this whole time despite the billion bits of evidence which point to the contrary.

What you think it's weird for Luke to not know Dante's name? You think Lulu should have thought that was more than a little odd?

RC sucks.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 1

When I saw that Spencer had convinced Emma to skip school and go to the stables of Windemere with him, I expected that the wily boy was planning to try to get her to play doctor, and that somehow Emma had lost all common sense and was being led astray to show hers while Spencer showed his behind the saddles.

It was a perfect time for Spencer to try out such a precocious plan. Emma's Brain Surgeon Dad was distracted, playing detective with Sammy and her famous chest pillows. (BTW, if brain surgeon Dr. Patrick is at last safely reinstated in his job, why is he breaking the law by trying to get the content of safe deposit boxes illegally?). Grandma Anna was being threatened by Dr O and the Justice Department Man about the whereabouts of Faison. No adults were watching the kids.

Luckily, Spencer's school was able to alert Nik and Britt to Spencer's absence. Let's hope that Dr P, Robin, or Granny Anna had a chance to teach Emma something about the birds and the bees.

Personally, I'd love to see Emma haul off and slap the over-confident Spencer if he tries anything.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Was that Thomas Sr. with Jordan on Monday?

I don't know, but humina humina. That man was yumminess. Put Jordan with HIM, not ShYawn.

If anybody is interested, the banker lady was played by Sebastian Roche's wife

She's gorgeous, and I love her accent.

Besides this prettiness and Anna's skirt, I got nothing. Except shut up, Spencer. Cringing at the thought of that dialogue.

• Love 1

At first I thought it was British, but then I thought Australian. I'm going with Australian!

ETA: woohoo, I was right.

What you think it's weird for Luke to not know Dante's name? You think Lulu should have thought that was more than a little odd?

RC sucks.

first thing out of Lulu's mouth after fluke left the scene after that was, "fuck, I hope he's not going senile."

I don't think we're supposed to feel bad for O. but I think we're supposed to equate Anna's locking up Faison as morally grey. Nope! And I don't understand why Agent Not-that-hot be the one to look around in the whole. How about you take up the search instead of the criminal mastermind, buddy?

Edited by ulkis

And is Patdouche really going to look at a picture of Faison and still not make any connection to Robin?

Robin committed the heinous crime of not flying to his side the instant he snapped his fingers ("Kidnapped!  ::snort:: What lame excuse is she going to come up with next?"), so she's dogmeat to him now.

Also, Sam has bigger pillows.

• Love 1

Ron wants to have it both ways. Sure, Obrecht's done bad stuff but she loves her kids! Sure, Anna has suffered years of torment from supervillains but look how she made Obrecht worry!

He may claim to want shades of gray, and I'm more than fine with shades of gray on a soap opera. The problem is I think he always ultimately gravitates to the side of the psychos like Franco, Obrecht and Nina. There is no equating what Anna has done to the man who has made her life hell for decades to anything Obrecht has done to her or countless others.

• Love 3

Robin committed the heinous crime of not flying to his side the instant he snapped his fingers ("Kidnapped! ::snort:: What lame excuse is she going to come up with next?"), so she's dogmeat to him now.

Also, Sam has bigger pillows.

What's hilarious to me is that he was livid that she couldn't be there for Blanket, but has no problem with her "abandoning" Emma forever. Then again, he's done the same thing. Poor kiddie is galavanting around town with her various boyfriends.

jsbt, I can't take Ron seriously when he shows Dr. O so devoted to her fam, while Anna isn't even allowed to worry or care about hers.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I can't take Ron seriously, period. The man is a hack, the worst of the hacks.

Word. I get that people have different likes/dislikes in terms of characters and couples and so forth, but for me, the stories and dialogue that are being written have made everyone unrecognizable. Maybe it's because I've been watching for way too long, I don't know.

• Love 3

If I knew this episode was summed up in the last five minutes I wouldn't have wasted my time. Seriously, 5 scenes before Julian spit out the truth about Fluke? And don't get me started with the Faison crap.

Britt really has lost it. Spencer has a heart? Since when? Doesn't he sneer and call everyone townies? What a freaking brat, and the fact she is enabling his behavior is even more ridiculous.

It was hilarious that Luke was saying that Tracy would be smart enough to know that Fluke isn't real. Sorry buddy- the writers have dumbed her down big time.

• Love 2

Well that's an hour I can't get back. gah! What an abysmal show. After two weeks of almost solid eps, THIS is our Friday cliffhanger? Well okay then. Carry on.

I second THIS. Been out of town and watch the whole week in one day. Would have been better served to stop at Thursday.

I've decided worse than Sonny ruins everything is TG and his cluster f'ed up story really DOES ruin everything.

And it's official I've finally had to ff something and no it is not the kiddies it is SamTrick. That ish is just NOT watchable cheesie and stupid and I can't believe adults actually are playing that goofyness.

Julian I love staring at you, but OMG Alexis and he was like bad Abbott and Costello who's on first.

Basically the only thing that could save this Fluke story for me is if the the camera panned down to some fierce high heels and Fluke removed his mask and was proved to be Helena. Otherwise I truely and most def DON'T CARE!

• Love 3

So Luke is now Houdini? Able to escape from straightjackets and locked rooms. Why would a padded room have a lock on the inside of the door anyway. I know I haven't been missing TG, but until he showed up I didn't realize quite how much I haven't been. Let's hope he is here just to finish up this story (quickly, PLEASE), then he can retire to Amsterdam.

Pretty much as annoyed at the safe deposit box scenes as I thought I would be.

I am amused that whever someone comes to visit Julian in his cell he is doing situps.

• Love 4

RC sucks.

Perhaps just a touch? Just a teeny, tiny bit?

Although I am sure that most kids just automatically would assume that their father is still their father even if his personality did a  complete 180, he stops giving two flying fenders about one's life or his brand new grandson, he's been accused of physical and sexual assaults that should have immediately thrown up a huge red flag and in general it seems as if he has been turned into some sort of pod person without any feelings, remorse, or empathy towards others...[/sarcasm font really needs to be invented stat].

Ron thinks we're stupid, that is what I just keep coming back around to with all of this. Does he really believe that we'll just lay our brains aside when we watch this train wreck? 

I don't think we're supposed to feel bad for O. but I think we're supposed to equate Anna's locking up Faison as morally grey. Nope! And I don't understand why Agent Not-that-hot be the one to look around in the whole. How about you take up the search instead of the criminal mastermind, buddy?

And deny Frau Doktor the chance of screaming half English/half German into the hole as she searched for her beloved...?

I think Ron is leaving the door open for people to feel sorry for Dr. O in the same way he's wanted and tried to do the same with Franco. He likes these types of characters and intends to keep them around and I've no doubt he is still trying to come up with scenes and scenarios that might paint them in a "sympathetic" light.

Her great "lieben" for Faison is like Franco's tumour, it drives her, it compels her to do so many things she might not otherwise, blah blah blah.

As long as he thinks he can keep Anna and Dr. O linked together the better apparently in his head, so instead of just letting Anna rightfully wipe her hands clean of Faison we get...whatever the hell it is we're getting right now.

• Love 2

This still makes me laugh uncontrollably. Every time I see it I hear Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage's voice in my head.

I do remember NiCo being used for Nik and Courtney. I understand because I still can't call FauxLuke Fluke because Fluke = Flea/Luke to me.

You are not alone. There are worse things than the current Luke storyline, and Felicia/Luke is one of them. I can't take the reminders of that dark time, but my battle to call him EviLuke instead failed miserably. Alas.

• Love 2
I do remember NiCo being used for Nik and Courtney. I understand because I still can't call FauxLuke Fluke because Fluke = Flea/Luke to me.

Well, NiCo could still work, since NiCo could mean nicotine, which we all knows kills.

Word. I get that people have different likes/dislikes in terms of characters and couples and so forth, but for me, the stories and dialogue that are being written have made everyone unrecognizable. Maybe it's because I've been watching for way too long, I don't know.

Trust me, the problem is not you. If Ron, like Guza before him, wasn't so set on turning the show into his vision of what it should be, things might not suck so utterly. I do think that some of the actors try more than others (NLG, Kathleen Gatl, Finola) while others like Maurice have given up completely except for the very rare occasion when they decide to come to work. And still others like RoHo and The Staph....well, I have no idea if they're playing actual human beings or not, even more so than the rest of the cast, that's how little of an idea I have of what the hell they're doing when they're acting. But nothing can really overcome the awful, awful, awful writing, and that's Ron's fault for not fixing the problem.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4
while others like Maurice have given up completely except for the very rare occasion when they decide to come to work. And still others like RoHo and The Staph....well, I have no idea if they're playing actual human beings or not,

This soap is much more enjoyable for this viewer with Sonny off the screen.  Entities like whatever character RH is supposed to be playing don't bug me as much.

Would someone please remove the summer intern working the camera angles in the new expanded Q's set?  This week Tracy was partially cut out off the screen in a couple of scenes, but I am still happy to see parts of her.

Being able to watch Tracy, Anna, and Alexis work on their crafts during an episode is a good thing that can overcome the stench of bad writing.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

The only way I'll get behind Hulkamania, brother is if they get Hulk Hogan on the show to pimp the couple and play back from the dead Sonny and Hulkster Courtney 's dad. I dgaf how they are related, but Hulk will play the dad. And he shall yell at Sonny- as Hulk does all his words- "Sonny! This thing happened - whacha gonna do, brother?!" (Wrestling lore, Hogan calls everyone brother) He can be Dad Enforcer. Because if Ron is forcing cheesy crap on me, I may as well be laughing at it.

In a perfect world, Mr. T would be Shawn's dad. No Holds Barred!!!!!

• Love 3

The only way I'll get behind Hulkamania, brother is if they get Hulk Hogan on the show to pimp the couple and play back from the dead Sonny and Hulkster Courtney 's dad. I dgaf how they are related, but Hulk will play the dad. And he shall yell at Sonny- as Hulk does all his words- "Sonny! This thing happened - whacha gonna do, brother?!" (Wrestling lore, Hogan calls everyone brother) He can be Dad Enforcer. Because if Ron is forcing cheesy crap on me, I may as well be laughing at it.

Mike's not dead, he just left town.

• Love 1

Geary has not yet had the big exit story that he wants, done the way he wants, because of his back problems affecting both his performance and his availability, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around for another contract cycle so he can leave with a story that can be better controlled .

Oh, I feel certain that geriatric Hulkamania!, Brother escape from that straightjacket is as "big" as he's going to get.....and you guys freak about The Nina, when ya'll have been hiding THIS all these years. I truely thought Luke was going to use his teeth to pull that buckle off. And that would have literally been scenery chewing.LOL

I would pay REAL money for THIS to happen.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

They are clearly trolling us.

Haha we gave you Sonny in jail. Now f you guys! Up next, Felix recites a dramatic reading of every Saved by the Bell episode ever.

Sadly, that would be a lot better than whatever the hell Ron's doing with this Fluke stuff.  Felix better sell that "I'm so excited" shit though.  (Although maybe he should get Nina to guest read that part, because I  have a feeling that MSt doing the Jessie Spano scenes in that one would break the UCG scale.) 

That's great !!  And they can also change it to #UGH

Better make it U#GH, just so Ron would be sure to see it when he does his twice daily searches for the GH hashtag. 

Hee. But we haven't been hiding him; no one's made a secret of Tony Geary's hamminess. :) And also complaining about it. But Tony Geary is also much older and so probably much more tired than Michelle Stafford, so I give him a bit of a pass because of that. Also, because TG has earned the right, if anyone has, to be a ham on this show. That said, his pass has expired for a years now and he SHOULD retire/be severely reduced in storylines. And Tony Geary can definitely be the most glazed over ham in scenes, but that's only in the big moments; otherwise he comes in and speaks things in a normal every day tone. Until maybe the past day or two, with Nina/Stafford it's either been REPENT REPENT REPENT or this annoying cloying slow stammering baby voice

I feel like TG is still capable of really good, quiet work, but he relies on the ham to get him through the bulk of this crap.  

• Love 2

Oh, he definitely is; but thanks to fluke and the surgery we haven't seen it for a year now, although I don't remember any specific scene I can point out before that. I'd have to go back to when Laura returned last February and Luke saw her on the dock.

• Love 4

I do not like Franco. I do not like Nina. I do not like Dr. O. There is nothing that will ever make me like these characters.

All three of them are cartoon characters.  I keep waiting for the ACME sign and the Roadrunner.  There's no development with them, and that is all on Ron's plot point writing. All three actors are capable of more. I wonder if Ron had been writing when Ric first came to town I would have liked the character as much as I did. He did awful things, but RiH brought enough to his portrayal IMO that I found myself rooting for him. I guess some of that could be on the actor, but I also think he was well-developed enough as a character that we could see the good there too. Or maybe I just liked his looks. I'm shallow that way.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

Shit.  Son of a bitch.  Crap.  Damn. Fuck.

Tony Geary is back.  I am going to have to stop watching.  I hate him and his rapist character.  I give absolutely no fucks about good Luke/bad Luke.  His scenery chewing acting just ruins the show for me.  And I as just beginning to enjoy the show again....

• Love 1

I don't think we're supposed to feel bad for O. but I think we're supposed to equate Anna's locking up Faison as morally grey. Nope!

Fair enough, but having to listen to line after line of her 'moral outrage' was quite irksome. I used to tolerate Dr O more because I love KG but now I think Dr O is one giant irk.

Until maybe the past day or two, with Nina/Stafford it's either been REPENT REPENT REPENT or this annoying cloying slow stammering baby voice

And jazz hands ... never forget her overuse of jazz hands. Can. Not. Stand. Her.

I'd have to go back to when Laura returned last February and Luke saw her on the dock.

That was a lovely scene made all the better because TG and GF have chemistry no matter what - even a simple look. Of course TG's continued hissy fit over the Luke and Laura pairing has ruined most of the positive that remains, but still that was a really good scene.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 2

Oh, he definitely is; but thanks to fluke and the surgery we haven't seen it for a year now, although I don't remember any specific scene I can point out before that. I'd have to go back to when Laura returned last February and Luke saw her on the dock.

For realz! And you want to know when he showed up to prove he could do good stuff? When he helped Robert and Anna with Faison, saving Robin...oh you know...GH: Scorpio Espionage...which, let me think...when was that? Oh yeah! Right around this time LAST YEAR. His scenes with Robert, Faison, confronting Faison about making him and Laura think Lucky was dead...shooting him....and let me stop before my head explodes.

• Love 3

The whole Fluke things proves two points; 1) Ron trolls these and other boards: He wanted Fluke to be Bill but too many people on the board figured that out and than pointed out that it made no sense, this hurt his feelings and this is now the hissy fit result. and 2) Ron makes up stiff as he goes along, even if he backed away from the Bill idea  Ron could have tied it all together, instead he has thrown in this mishmash 

Bonus 3) Tony Geary has said he was planning to retire but Ron came up with this amazing story: THIS IS NOT that story, it got changed because of Geary;s illness and Geary is not going to be happy with the outcome, which may lead to his actual retirement at the end of his contract

from your mouth to TIIC 's ears. TG is done. He tony not Luke gets to decide just what shit hits the fan by Luke so, go retire before fans feel for you like we do for Sonny. Stick a fork in them they are done. I don't mind the no talent cop anywhere as much as I do these two. Love in the afternoon that has turned into a joke. No love here for Ron and half of the characters the way this is going. I agree Re-Ron has one thing in mind when writing, Fool the fans ,and if we guess He gets huffy and changes it so far out in left field it makes less than no sense.

• Love 1

NiCo=Nik/Courtney. We need a new nickname. (Maybe? Maybe most people don't think Nik and Courtney when they see that now. My brain still goes straight there though.)

In that case, Fake Luke shouldn't equal Fluke because Felicia and Luke were Fluke (not that anyone wants to remember that either, of course). 

Edited by UYI

So just catching up on this weeks worth of shows. Pretty sucktastic as per usual Samtrick are seriously losing me, Anna being investigated for "crimes" and frikkin Dr. O remaining as COS at GH? Whatever show, some more stuff happens Carly cries, Sonny underacts or overacts depending on the day.  Then comes Thursday. Hey Lucas is on...wait a minute why is he visiting Julian? Does he work for him? Is he there on  behalf of Carly for whatever reason? Ten maybe 15 min in finally dawned on me, he is Julian's son....now maybe if they had more than 5 min worth of scenes in the last 6 mths that wouldn't have happened. I swear RC is craptastic at writing family scenes that don't involve Sonny in some way.

Wow they are really trying to make Nico happen aren't they? While MSt is better in subdued mode her character is ludicrous as is Franco and nothing will make me feel sorry for her terrorizing a pregnant woman,then taking her baby oh yeah and knocking her mother into unconsciousness... sorry just NO.

Edited by Aprilshowers
  • Love 2

This still makes me laugh uncontrollably. Every time I see it I hear Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage's voice in my head.

NVM, this was addressed already. :)

• Love 1

Now I want to see MSt, TG, and MB and Hulk Hogan in a scene yelling with jazz hands, ripping shit, chewing props, and repeating weird words.

I tap, Ron. Fuck. I give up. Tap! Tap! Tap!

I feel as though Ron thinks he's in an "I quit" match with the audience and he's holding the mic to our collective faces waiting for us to verbally give up.

• Love 4

I haven't posted in two weeks, because I have spent my time watching the scenes of Sonny and Carly being arrested and put in jail over and over.  I have also saved the episodes of Michael slamming both of them - this will probably get me through the cold winter when everything goes to hell.  I do want to know how the guard who gave Luke the pill got into the room, since there was a padlock on the inside of that door.  Some things are just too stupid for words - I guess Luke was keeping everyone locked out.

• Love 10

He could have been Steven Webber thou. Still a doctor and related to Heather. Steve also had a history with Carly.

Sorry,  I don't even know why I got that confused because I can't even remember who Tom Hardy is.  Of course, Steven Larson Webber was the obvious character recast choice.  This show is making me dumb.

• Love 2

I haven't posted in two weeks, because I have spent my time watching the scenes of Sonny and Carly being arrested and put in jail over and over. I have also saved the episodes of Michael slamming both of them - this will probably get me through the cold winter when everything goes to hell.

I have watched the confrontations more times than I'd like to admit. Though I mostly watch the Carly and Kiki crushings because I think they were done better than the one aimed at Sonny. Plus, LW's facial expressions are so perfect and KA's are so not.

• Love 4

I've really been enjoying this show lately

Me too.  Franco dropping the dime on Sonny & Carly, Michael going off on those two slimebuckets and Kiki the Useless, "My real name: Michael Corinthos"... it's just been one awesome thing after another.

But damn, that was a Friday episode?

Exactimundo.  After all the good things this show has been serving up, Friday's show was such a huge let-down.

• Love 3

I feel as though Ron thinks he's in an "I quit" match with the audience and he's holding the mic to our collective faces waiting for us to verbally give up.

Is Ron really HHH? Omg. This explains everything. Ron is the alter ego of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. It explains why the women have been "buried", the nonsensical stories....... oh my. Well, to quote CM Punk in January 2014, "I quit!"

Maybe we need John Cena here too.

Sorry,  I don't even know why I got that confused because I can't even remember who Tom Hardy is.  Of course, Steven Larson Webber was the obvious character recast choice.  This show is making me dumb.

Actually Tom Hardy would have worked as well, he is Steve and Audrey's Son, he was married to Simone (They have a son TJ) and was involved with Felecia, he was a shrink. So bringing him back does a couple of things: He could fight with Dr O to be COS and protect his Father's legacy,: he could have interacted with Nina  as a doctor and with the Vets set as one of them. It would put the Hardy's back on GH which is we are in the twilight years seems fitting. He was last played by Matt Ashford, so the talent is there

It just makes Anna (and off-screen Robert) look so, soooooooooo stupid.

I mean, her point about not being in a rush to hand him over to a facility that he had already been able to break out of once was on-point.  But isn't that still better than a hole in the ground with NO guards, NO surveillance, underneath the home of a child? 

It's just...gah!

I hope Nik throws a little shade her way for this. Using his estate to imprison someone? 

• Love 1

I definitely would not have wanted to see a legacy character like Tom Hardy being played by Roger "ham and cheese" Howarth. Steven Lars was already ruined by Agent Orange so he would have been okay in that role.

I definitely would not have wanted to see a legacy character like Tom Hardy being played by Roger "ham and cheese" Howarth. Steven Lars was already ruined by Agent Orange so he would have been okay in that role.

I have always gotten a sense that RoHo lays on the hamminess really think when he thick when he thinks the writing is crap.  Look at Ron's GH Todd and Franco (and even Todd from the DBL era).  Now, if they actually gave something meaty to him as Tom Hardy, I think he would do good work with it. But, at this point, I trust Ron with writing for RoHo far less than I trust the actor himself.

• Love 3

Is Ron really HHH? Omg. This explains everything. Ron is the alter ego of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. It explains why the women have been "buried", the nonsensical stories....... oh my. Well, to quote CM Punk in January 2014, "I quit!"

Maybe we need John Cena here too.

You had me until Cena. Though WWE doesn't piss me off nearly as much as GH.

• Love 1
I hope Nik throws a little shade her way for this. Using his estate to imprison someone?​

Well, it's not the first time it's been used to imprison someone.  Nik probably thinks of it more as a recurring ant problem than any real issue.  

• Love 1