Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And with that thought out of the way: NO MORE BABIES ON GH, DAMN IT!

TIIC had better hide Olivia behind huge couches and purses or behind hotel reception desks. The end

But this way Ben will get a brand new little uncle or auntie to play with...and if it's a boy then you have the perfect boyfriend in ten years for baby girl Corome. Hey, if they really want to be brave, it could be another girl and they end up being girlfriends. The possibilities are just endless!

How can we deny Ron and company another little life to hinge the future of this show on...?

I don't think I'll be able to watch this show even semi sober anymore, I truly don't.

Just out of curiosity, what characters are we supposed to be rooting for? Because I honestly don't know.

The ones Ron tells us we're supposed to root for, it just makes it easier on everyone.

But this way Ben will get a brand new little uncle or auntie to play with...and if it's a boy then you have the perfect boyfriend in ten years for baby girl Corome. Hey, if they really want to be brave, it could be another girl and they end up being girlfriends. The possibilities are just endless!

How can we deny Ron and company another little life to hinge the future of this show on...?

< Daffy Duck > "You're...You're DESPICABLE!" < /Daffy Duck >

I don't think I'll be able to watch this show even semi sober anymore, I truly don't.

You mean that was ever an option?

I am genuinely happy for Lisa LoCicero as I'm sure this was awesome news for her and her husband, and I hope she has a happy, healthy pregnancy and child.

And with that thought out of the way: NO MORE BABIES ON GH, DAMN IT!

TIIC had better hide Olivia behind huge couches and purses or behind hotel reception desks. The end.

Just had a thought. Olivia will be the surrogate for Dante & Lulu's embryo. Hahaha, ya'll know he can't help himself.

Heatlifer, root for whomever you like. Outside of Robin, Brad and Mac, whom I like or Sonny, Carly, Sabrina, Felix and The NinaNina, who I hate my preferences/likes can and do change daily. Akot of characters I'm indifferent to these days Liz, Sam, Nik, Rosalie, etc

I blame Ron's horrid writing.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5
Just had a thought. Olivia will be the surrogate for Dante & Lulu's embryo. Hahaha, ya'll know he can't help himself.

You take that back. You take that back RIGHT NOW!

<Goes and rocks in a corner, crying great heaving sobs>

• Love 10

But that's where my confusion lives! I have absolutely no clue who Ron wants the audience to like/dislike.

You like the one who's talking, and hate everyone else. Until that person shuts up, then you hate them and love the next person flapping their gums.

• Love 3

I still don't quite trust Dante when it comes to Sonny. I can't recall how many months it was before Sonny murdered AJ, but he was at the Q mansion and had AJ pinned to the couch. He had a gun pointed at AJ and was just about to kill him right then and there, until Dante stopped him--with nothing more than a sort of, "hey, hey, Sonny, take it easy. You need to leave." Instead of doing his damn job and arresting Sonny for attempted murder, he thinks Sonny just needs to calm down and lets him go. It seems like there have been countless times he's been soft on Sonny and he also never gets called on his extreme conflict of interest.

A few thoughts on the Michael/Sonny confrontation now that I finally have a moment to post. I was kind of hoping he'd say to Morgan, "If you call me 'Mikey' one more time, you're going to get a bullet too." Why on earth would Morgan think that using the rather dismissive nickname at that time was a good idea?

On many occasions when people in the apartment complex next to mine are yelling encouragement at their favorite team during a televised sporting event, I've amused myself by yelling out the window, "They can't hear you!" However, at the beginning of the week I'm the one repeatedly yelling at Michael to  "Shoot him! Shoot him!" Gee, nothing disturbing about hearing that coming from someone's apartment.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 7

You take that back. You take that back RIGHT NOW!

<Goes and rocks in a corner, crying great heaving sobs>

Shhhhh, now don't you worry, it won't be Dante and Lulu's embryo. It'll be Lulu and Stavros' embryo. Who could say no to another Cassadine heir??

Maybe they'll bring baby Corome back as a toddler if Olivia does have a baby, a crazy toddler raised by the Nina, taught to repeat her words twice and always keep lamps handy to bludgeon people with whenever necessary.

But that's where my confusion lives! I have absolutely no clue who Ron wants the audience to like/dislike.

Oh now you're just trying to figure it all out with logical thinking and a process of rational elimination. Stop it! He doesn't need you to know who he wants you to like until he writes it on Twitter and explains why you should because of all those scenes that were never shot and you'll never see

You like the one who's talking, and hate everyone else. Until that person shuts up, then you hate them and love the next person flapping their gums.

This works perfectly as well. Ron doesn't want us limiting our options. Love everyone, hate everything, simple.

• Love 3

Does your corner have room for me? We could hold hands.

Misery does love company. I have snacks. And booze. Booze is important when subjecting yourself to this crap!

Shhhhh, now don't you worry, it won't be Dante and Lulu's embryo. It'll be Lulu and Stavros' embryo. Who could say no to another Cassadine heir??

Maybe they'll bring baby Corome back as a toddler if Olivia does have a baby, a crazy toddler raised by the Nina, taught to repeat her words twice and always keep lamps handy to bludgeon people with whenever necessary.

Why do you hate me? WHY?!

• Love 3

I wasn't watching when Lucy was on last. I suppose from your description it could be that type of relationship, but I too have gotten a vibe from her for the past couple of weeks that she wants more from him.

I apologize. Ron has me looking for the crazy plot twits and revengey goodness.

Lol, I swear I'm not drinking or doing drugs.

If not, why not? I really do believe it's the only way to make it through this show.

• Love 5

I wouldn't have a problem with Duke and Lucys friendship if it was actually built up.THey've had like three scenes together and now shes falling over him.

This. Just appeared of the blue for me, especially where it seems to be going. One day she's battling Bobbie for Scott, the next she's riding the cavalry in to save Duke.

Yes, I know there was a *little* in between, but nothing to suggest we'd be subjected to this. Just Point A to Point Z. No storytelling or action to get us there.

• Love 3
Yes, if I'm remembering correctly, Ava admits she killed Connie on A.J.'s recording.  That's how Carly, Franco and Sonny found that out.  As to any other proof against her, I can't think of any.  They had a better case against A.J., but even with those bloody initials, it wasn't enough to convict him.  Without that recording, they've got even less against Ava.

Spinelli has a copy of that recording.  Bring Ellie back but leave Spin back on the west coast - except she worked in the hospital and RC/FV can't abide by that. 

Lisa Lo Cicero is pregnant. I wonder if they will even bother writing an excuse for a maternity leave for her - it's not like she's on that often to warrant it.

While she isn't on as much as she was during the horrible Connie's split personality/murder period, she still is on way too much. The next new baby that will come in the show will be Kiki's.  Color me surprised that RC/FV think so much of her that she hasn't been weighed down with one yet.

The painful dialogue in the jail cells made me realize that the new paint color scheme worked well with whatever Sonny and Carly were wearing.

I am enjoying NuJason and Liz and am happy that Anna is finally getting some screen time.  I don't mind an occasional WSB/Crazy Cassadine story but that is only when the mob isn't the central pillar of this soap.  Silas, Patrick and Liz are the only mainstream characters who are medical professionals.  This soap needs some more doctors (Lucas).

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

This. Just appeared of the blue for me, especially where it seems to be going. One day she's battling Bobbie for Scott, the next she's riding the cavalry in to save Duke.

Yes, I know there was a *little* in between, but nothing to suggest we'd be subjected to this. Just Point A to Point Z. No storytelling or action to get us there.

Yep and they keep on claiming that Lucy and Duke was old friends back in the day.I dont remeber them hardly saying a word to each other lol.

I think were supposed to feel badly for carly and sonny but other than that not really sure who were supposed to root for lol.

RC has made me sick of baby stories.Since RC loves the 80s so much there weren't many baby stories in that era at all.

Edited by Harmony233

<small voice>

I actually wouldn't mind if Olivia & Ned had a baby. Then they can get married and she can move into the Q manse. The reactions of Sonny & Tracy would be UCG if written properly.

• Love 11

<small voice>

I actually wouldn't mind if Olivia & Ned had a baby. Then they can get married and she can move into the Q manse. The reactions of Sonny & Tracy would be UCG if written properly.

Shout it from the mountaintops because I can get behind this easily.

I'm not a huge Olivia fan because she's so Sonny-blind, but she's ok when she's not in his orbit. Anything that might possibly cause Sonny's head to explode is good with me.

Plus I really don't want Alexis and Ned together, we already rode that train, did the runaway bride thing, just no.

Fuck the mob and give us back the Quartermaines please and thank you. And when AJ comes back to life after Sonny hangs himself in jail, Michael and AJ can run the rest of the mob-ettes out of Port Charles forever.

I also want a unicorn.

• Love 9

him or he wouldn't be on twitter Blocking anyone who disagrees with him. If I joined twitter I would gag if I had to say nice things about the show to him. Some of the things others say make me gag.

• Love 2

Just out of curiosity, what characters are we supposed to be rooting for? Because I honestly don't know.

Regardless of what Ron may want, I tend to root for whoever hates Sonny.  No matter who they are or what they've done.  I'm easy like that.

• Love 18

I think were supposed to feel badly for carly and sonny

I agree and it's ridiculous. Sonny and Carly are really horrible characters. Two of the worst ever created and two of the worst to be considered the lead characters of a show. The mind does boggle at this concept. Having said that though, I do 'like' them together. I don't mean like as in I ship them or anything, but rather like in terms of keeping their stench between them and not infecting any other characters. These two horrors belong together. That's been plain for a long time. Just stop trying to pair them with others - let them inflict pain and suffering on each other.

I laughed when Sonny said they shouldn't be together. Good lawd. Shut it Sonny. It's a bit late to finally decide the two of you together isn't a good idea!

• Love 5

Does anyone have a link to just the Michael/Rosalie scenes so I won't be infected by the whole show and its Stolen Orangina plotline?

I have looked repeatedly to no avail. If I knew how to do it, I'd clip all of Michael's scenes from last week.

I laughed when Sonny said they shouldn't be together. Good lawd. Shut it Sonny. It's a bit late to finally decide the two of you together isn't a good idea!

Sonny never wants to play with his old toys until someone else wants them. And as soon a that person stops playing with his toy, he loses interest. Just like a two-year old (speaking from experience).
  • Love 5

I still don't quite trust Dante when it comes to Sonny. I can't recall how many months it was before Sonny murdered AJ, but he was at the Q mansion and had AJ pinned to the couch. He had a gun pointed at AJ and was just about to kill him right then and there, until Dante stopped him--with nothing more than a sort of, "hey, hey, Sonny, take it easy. You need to leave." Instead of doing his damn job and arresting Sonny for attempted murder, he thinks Sonny just needs to calm down and lets him go. It seems like there have been countless times he's been soft on Sonny and he also never gets called on his extreme conflict of interest.

A few thoughts on the Michael/Sonny confrontation now that I finally have a moment to post. I was kind of hoping he'd say to Morgan, "If you call me 'Mikey' one more time, you're going to get a bullet too." Why on earth would Morgan think that using the rather dismissive nickname at that time was a good idea

If the cops arrested everyone who held a gun on anyone in this town the cells really would be overflowing.

But besides that, if Ron wasn't ready to do anything just yet with Sonny Sonny would have been just released on a technicality all the more times than we've already seen and probably will again.

Re: Morgan, I don't think the Mikey nickname sounds dismissive, just corny and awkward and failing to be the shorthand for affection the writers wanted it to be.

LLC already seems pretty far along, I'll be surprised if they do anything with it.

Edited by ulkis

If the cops arrested everyone who held a gun on anyone in this town the cells really would be overflowing.

But besides that, if Ron wasn't ready to do anything just yet with Sonny Sonny would have been just released on a technicality all the more times than we've already seen and probably will again.

Re: Morgan, I don't think the Mikey nickname sounds dismissive, just corny and awkward and failing to be the shorthand for affection the writers wanted it to be.

LLC already seems pretty far along, I'll be surprised if they do anything with it.

Maybe if his memory said Sonny wanted to kill him and he shot me in the chest, ! maybe Sonny did it. Nope , keystone cops ride again.

Yep and they keep on claiming that Lucy and Duke was old friends back in the day.I dont remeber them hardly saying a word to each other lol.

It doesn't bother me because its Lucy.  She does that.  I remember post-brain damage, Jason still had to deal with Lucy's revisionist version of being his loving stepmother when she needed stuff done.

Honestly I'm hoping that they are doing this to put Lucy in the same realm as the spy/cop stuff that Anna/Duke will inevitably be pulled into.  Lucy was always fun scheming with Luke.   I'm hoping we get some kind of retro Luke/Lucy/Duke/Anna/Mac/Felicia  adventure to deal with a mishmash of dead Faison, Robin captive, and Fluke. 

Hope is easier when you watch once a month.

Edited by ParadoxLost

Anna and Duke were long out of Port Charles by the time Lucy stopped being the town schemer and pariah.  Duke and Lucy were never friends, but Lucy was a frequent guest at Duke's club. 

So for all the things that I give Ron grief about, I can see people who weren't friends back in the day, but knew each other, revising history a bit in their heads and using their common acquaintance-ship past to forge a friendship in the present.

I agree with ParadoxLost that Lucy can be overbearing and one-sided in her friendships, and declaring that people are great friends when they, in fact, are not.

Though the seeming almost kiss that Anna walked in on and her hugsy way around him and great championing of Duke is a bit out of nowhere. It's more of the chess piece moving by Ron. I get how it's supposed to work, but it's not organic or realistic in the slightest.  I'm stuck having to watch it in a meta way ("Oh, yep, we're watching a soap. Here's a hint of a triangle.").

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Congratulations to Lisa, but the only way I'll accept a baby in Olivia's womb is if it is one hundred percent clearly a Ned/Olivia baby and she stays with Ned.  No Sonny involvement, no surrogacy, just good old fashioned love, marriage, and baby carriage.  

I shudder at the thought of another "who's the baby daddy?" storyline with Sonny and Ned. Please no! Congrats to the actress.

I don't know why I find Jason so smug- maybe he's way too smiley to be Jason. The actor is good but Liz brings him down IMO. The reveal will probably be dragged out until Feb sweeps after him and Liz have fallen in love and screwed in a room next to her kids room. Barf.

Out of curiosity, where should a parent have sex with someone they're in love with, if not in their own bedroom, which is, often, in close proximity to their kids' rooms?  If she saved it for a hotel, she'd get shit for "abandoning" her kids with Audrey to go screw.  Parents have sex down the hall from their kids every day all over the world.  As long as they're not waking the kids up to invite them to watch, why not?  

Liz really can do nothing right. 

I'll admit, someone inviting a guy who is basically a stranger to come live in her home with her kids isn't smart (although it's probably about the 1,000th most dangerous thing done in PC since summer).  But if she develops a relationship with the guy and has a healthy love life to go with that relationship, as long as it's handled appropriately and her kids aren't exposed to something they shouldn't see, I don't see a single thing wrong with that.  God knows Liz gets to have sex about once every five years.  

And, because I'm just pissy about all the hate Liz gets, part of me wants to see her birth a new Liason baby, just to watch heads explode. And Monica could finally get a grandchild in her life from birth. 

• Love 13

Re Sonny/Carly, their latest profession of "twu wuv" for each other is even more revolting than they are, if that's even possible. Only Sonny would consider a baby's abduction-even a girl child's-as a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. Only Sonny, who's just been busted for murder, would think that another murder would have kept him from getting caught without expressing a shred of remorse for the murder that put him behind bars where he belongs in the first place. As for Carly, only she would be stupid enough to think that Franco was an acceptable substitute for Jason-who, IMO, wasn't that great, at least, not the non Q version, anyway. Only Carly would be stupid enough to think that she could change Franco when her own kids, whom she exposed to Franco on a regular basis, knew better. Even Joss, her youngest, knew better. Someone else who knows better-Jax. He knows better than to deliberately expose Joss to a SERIAL KILLER. Two dangerous criminals (Jerry and Sonny) in Joss' life are two too many for Jax, so letting the likes of Franco in wouldn't be an option. If ever there was a time to bring Jax back it's now, but that would require great writing from a great Head Writer and RC's not the latter because he's incapable of the former. Carly's bad decisions re Michael have endangered his life since he was a baby. That Carly and Sonny love Michael and vice versa makes their betrayal of him-or, rather, their latest one-even more devastating for him. If Carly truly gave any semblance of a fuck about Michael, then she never would have let Sonny in his life, cut AJ/the Qs out of it nor covered up AJ's death. If not for Carly and Sonny, AJ might still be alive. It was Carly and Sonny's choices that put them behind bars and cost them Michael. I am counting the minutes until Michael unleashes Hell on them tomorrow ( I hope).

RP is pretty, but her just doesn't do it for me. He's like a pretty block of wood, but there's nothing behind the pretty surface for me. Eh, could be the awful, awful acting. He's just so bad.

While Ryan Paevey's not the best actor on the show, IMO he's better than he used to be, especially in scenes with Finola Hughes and/or Dominic Zamprogna. Nathan's reading Rosalie for filth last week proves that he can hold his own on his own. At least RP doesn't phone in his performances unlike MB or practically tweet them in, like TG and/or Teresa Castillo.

Re Duke, Anna and Lucy, that Duke would rather protect Sonny than fight for what's left of his relationship with Anna and that Lucy would not only defend Duke, she would hire Alexis to represent him says much worse about Duke, Lucy and Sonny than it does about Anna-or Alexis, for that matter. At least Alexis had sense enough not to represent Sonny (who fired her) again. If Alexis had told Sonny to go to Hell, that would've been even better. I've never liked Lucy so her taking Duke's side makes her even more useless than ever. BTW, Lucy, Duke's covering up a murder and lying to the cops in general and to Anna, the Police Commissioner/Duke's now ex-girlfriend in particular are serious crimes, not "[tiny] mistakes," you sputtering dingbat. The problem wasn't that Anna arrested Duke; it's that he gave her reason to do it. If Duke was as loyal to Anna as he is to Sonny, then he wouldn't be in deep shit now. What's happening to Duke is his fault and Sonny's not Anna's, so Lucy and Duke can not only have several seats, they can shove them up their asses-without lube.

• Love 7

While Ryan Paevey's not the best actor on the show, IMO he's better than he used to be, especially in scenes with Finola Hughes and/or Dominic Zamprogna. Nathan's reading Rosalie for filth last week proves that he can hold his own on his own. At least RP doesn't phone in his performances unlike MB or practically tweet them in, like TG and/or Teresa Castillo.

I think RP is fine doing cop stuff with Finola and Dominic like you said but that speech of his with Rosalie proved the opposite to me. I don't know, like someone said regarding that scene, he kinda had the energy right, but it was like he couldn't unlock his jaw or something.

I don't think TeCa phones in, imo. She's just mediocre. I don't think MB phones in all that often either, actually. He's just tired and has trouble memorizing his lines probably. Now TG, yeah, he's king of phoning it in.

• Love 1

Well I may be bias but I don't think RP is bad but I do see why some people don't enjoy him. My husband is in law enforcement and I actually know people in real life who act just like Nathan. I chose to think it is a character trait to be a little "stiff" and not poor acting. But then again I could just watch him stand there with his "Special Kitty" look on his face and not say anything and enjoy it more than 2/3 of the show. ME-feakin'-YOW!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 5

I mostly skipped the Jiz scenes so I just now realized Liz has a picture of Jason on her mantle. Wow. I know Liz is pathetic...but wow. Does she know that Jason wasn't her husband? No matter how much she wants it to be true, it's not. The last time she saw Jason he was on his way to tell Sam about Danny so they could be a family together. Her one link to Jason was run down in the street while she was struggling to read a paternity test. I really really wish someone would tell her these hard truths.

• Love 3

If Lewq hadn't been driving down a residential street drunk off his ass, Jake would still be alive.

As far as I'm concerned, Jasus should have taken that deadbeat rapist out to the pine barrens and killed him for that shit.

• Love 6

If Lewq hadn't been driving down a residential street drunk off his ass, Jake would still be alive.

As far as I'm concerned, Jasus should have taken that deadbeat rapist out to the pine barrens and killed him for that shit.

Jake should never have existed, IMO, so it was the soap gods rectifying a mistake, although I will admit the means of doing so was disgusting. Jake's creation ruined two couples to keep his parents heavenly and pure. So I'm fine with him gone.

• Love 4
I mostly skipped the Jiz scenes so I just now realized Liz has a picture of Jason on her mantle. Wow. I know Liz is pathetic...but wow.

Leave Liz alone! (j/k) She might be pathetic but I never get upset when she shows up on the screen unlike most of the characters on the show. The actress has chemistry with just about every single male and can engage in a cat fight with the worst of them.  [Thankfully, she has seems to be less anorexic looking of late.]   Long live Liz!

• Love 6

Did the photo have Jake in it? It wouldn't that bad if he was in it. For a very very very brief moment in Liz' life, they were a family.

I am also one who doesn't mind Nathan. He is not Spinelli, that is good enough for me.

For the record, I don't mind Spinelli, I minded very much Maxie acting like a fool over him after years of showing no attraction to him. 

• Love 1
For a very very very brief moment in Liz' life, they were a family.

I disagree. Jason was all "danger, danger" and not claiming the kid. As far as Jake knew, Lucky was his father, no matter what Liz wished. Jason was a glorified sperm donor once the fairy tale is stripped away.

• Love 6

I disagree. Jason was all "danger, danger" and not claiming the kid. As far as Jake knew, Lucky was his father, no matter what Liz wished. Jason was a glorified sperm donor once the fairy tale is stripped away.

I guess you are right. Didn't he give a check and pretty much washing his hands off them?  

Liz blowing her relationship with Jason out of proportion has always been a running theme with the character. She makes herself more relevant in his life that she actually was. It shouldn't be a surprise that she'll have a photo of them together in a prominent place in her home.

I know, it is a plot point.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

Can one of you guys continue this in the Liz or the Sam or the relationship thread please? I'd do it myself, but I don't care enough to weigh in.

I guess you are right. Didn't he give a check and pretty much washing his hands off them?  

Liz blowing her relationship with Jason out of proportion has always been a running theme with the character. She makes herself more relevant in his life that she actually was. It shouldn't be a surprise that she'll have a photo of them together in a prominent place in her home.

I know, it is a plot point.

Wait, I guess I do. I'll reply in the Liz thread.

• Love 2

Re Duke, Anna and Lucy, that Duke would rather protect Sonny than fight for what's left of his relationship with Anna and that Lucy would not only defend Duke, she would hire Alexis to represent him says much worse about Duke, Lucy and Sonny than it does about Anna-or Alexis, for that matter.

The saddest thing about Duke deciding to protect Sonny at the expense of his relationship with Anna is that I used to use Duke/Anna as the example of what was wrong with every relationship Sonny had.  Duke was desperate to leave the mob because he loved Anna.  Sonny never loved anyone enough to want to give up the mob and no woman he was with was strong enough to force the point.  Its sad that Duke and Anna are being sullied this way (even though I preferred Anna/Robert...before they ruined Robert). 

On Lucy we'll have to agree to disagree because of all the things she's ever done, I don't see her getting a lawyer for Duke being terrible.

• Love 2

Whether Jake was a mistake, I do think there is a lot of story to be mined from Emma meeting a mysterious blonde boy when her group is finally teen-aged. Helena having faked the death, snatched Jake and given him to some cousins to raise as evil is a story that needs to be told.

• Love 4
Duke Lavery is like the ultimate ride or die chick.

Every woman on soaps would take the deal. But Duke? He will ride to Pentonville for Sonny, although he barely knows Duke's name.

You know, I've seen it debated whether Brenda or Carly was the greatest love of Sonny (or at least second to himself). In light of that, it's kinda funny that Brenda wore the wire and Carly was going to sell Sonny out to the feds to get them immunity.  And there's Duke is, the only one who's been willing to go to jail for Sonny.

I wish I had mad video skills. That whole scenario is begging for a video.

• Love 5
Whether Jake was a mistake, I do think there is a lot of story to be mined from Emma meeting a mysterious blonde boy when her group is finally teen-aged. Helena having faked the death, snatched Jake and given him to some cousins to raise as evil is a story that needs to be told.

it should be Aidan in this story, as Helena couldn't care less about Jason or any of his kids. 

• Love 2

<small voice>

That's my thought too.  This show certainly does not need another baby, but giving Ned another child, giving the Q's another body?  Those are all things I could get behind.

And hey, since Ron would never let a whole year go by without a character being pregnant, this could cut some other horrible storytelling off at the pass.

• Love 5