Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Not really. Look at what Cartini have done to the vets who are here. Those characters are now better off dead precluding another new regime that has any writing ability and doesn't worship the bottom of the barrel villains and wackos.

I know it's the height of wishful thinking but knowing that Carly and Sonny are firmly staying put, and now so is Franco because Roger is sticking around, then's there the wacky mental loon the Nina, Kikaka, Dr. O and Jakson and...

I just have this scene in my head of notdeadAlan embracing notdeadAJ and telling him that he forgives and still loves him. *Sighs* Some impossible fantasy I know.

My gawd all the nashing of teeth about Sonny getting passes right and left and all these people just running around free? I think PC selective arrest record isn't just relegated to Sonny.

Oh no it isn't, not even close. Almost everyone in town is either a former or active criminal. It bypassed being silly to me ages ago, but I will say Ron's take is, in a way, more twisted and disturbed, at least in regards to what he expects people to just forgive and forget.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Michael and Rosalie were really cute. Rosalie was slightly better at acting drunk than Michael, but Chad did make some cute faces. I really like the end when Michael realized Rosalie found him desirable and the blocking was good with her leaning against the pool table and Michael kissing her. They do have chemistry.

I like Franco and Nina. I thought RoHo did a good job showing Franco being creepy and evil, but yet having a genuine soft spot for Nina. I liked him having compassion on her and trying to help her b/c he knows she isn't acting rational. I suspect the story with them will be love saves them both. First Franco will restore Nina's mental health and then loving her will curb his evil nature. I don't care if they aren't honorable people I still enjoy their chemistry.

The fact that Sonny thinks that he is in this mess because he didn't kill Franco earlier is quite funny. Sonny you are in this mess because you killed AJ.

That's Sonny.  Because the mess isn't that he killed someone and is facing the consequences.  The mess is that he failed to kill more, to cover his tracks for the first murder.  It's not wrong that he killed AJ, it's wrong that people insist on holding him accountable for killing AJ. 

• Love 15

That's Sonny. Because the mess isn't that he killed someone and is facing the consequences. The mess is that he failed to kill more, to cover his tracks for the first murder. It's not wrong that he killed AJ, it's wrong that people insist on holding him accountable for killing AJ.

This is why I can NEVER like that character.

• Love 8

whew, Chad and Linda Tovar (Rosalie) are both bad at acting drunk.

They should take lessons from KeMo. The kiss was fine, the drunk acting (or rather, attempts) were not.

What was with the "Jaws" reference today? Quint and Hooper. C'mon, that was pretty lame. Unless Nina and Franco get on the boat and have to fend off a shark attack. If that's the case, I'm rooting for the shark.

Thank God, Michael is away from Kiki. Haven't much been a fan of Rosalie, but I did like her today. 

Shut up, Sonny. You seriously thought you Anna would let you out of jail because your "flesh and blood" is missing? You didn't give two flying figs about her kidnapping before. You just sicken me.

Ron is a huge fan of "Jaws" and of sharks in general. He posts pics of sharks on Twitter a lot. If I'm at work, I have to mute my scream and then I blame Ron for making me yell. Too bad we can't have Franco and Nina get eaten by sharks. Nathan could save the baby first.

Sonny pretending to care about the baby was hilarious. STFU, you greasy toad.

Kiki and Morgan, someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery.

I loved that Anna didn't give Duke the time of day. "I'm busy". Serves you right, dumbass. They don't have enough room for all these people, that's why Shawn and Carly weren't being brought in. They only have the two jail cell set, so I'm not exactly sure where everyone else is going to go. I'm not at all convinced that everyone is getting arrested. At least Carly's out of that dress, so thank god for small favors. Still think that Dante was too nice to her.

Previews: Yes, finally! Glad that Julian is there for Ava. More inappropriate chemistry and awesome Jerome sib bonding to ensue. And Alexis needs to tell Sonny to go to hell. She won't, though.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

Franco found out where she was from Obrecht.

That scene was so clumsy! It was just a stupid way to have Franco find out where The Nina was hiding out.

I don't find Franco and the Nina together the least bit appealing. The only way to make this palatable is for them to leave for good.

Duke Duke Duke ... there are no words.

So the Port Chuck police can't arrest anymore people because there's no more room at the Inn? Seriously? Carly and Shawn (Sean) are running around free and somehow Duke is in jail. Soap law ... it's a thing!

• Love 1

watching sonny whine about this baby being kidnapped made me go rewatch the lucy/scotty/baby serena story to see if there was any comparsions other than they both being kidnapped as newborns.Scotty freaked out over serenas safety decided to leave town with her beause her safety became first for him.(THis is probally the most unselfish thing scotty did in his entire life)

I can't picture if anna let sonny out to help.If Avas kid ended up being his that sonny would sarfiace anything for her or anyone besides himself lol.I mean he seemed fine if his kids were shot at or got bombs in there birthday ect.

I truly can't understand what Duke did that warrants a jail cell when both Carly and Shawn are left to go free by CHOICE. Dante just let them both go?

Duke most certainly belongs in a jail cell (lying in a police statement and giving a murderer a false alibi are no-nos), but yes, what the hell with letting Carly and Shawn go?  

I already missed out on a cuffed Carly in that stupid wedding dress.  Scotty better not puss out just because Bobbie's being a bitch to him.  He needs to issue a warrant and Carly needs to have her ass arrested.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Duke most certainly belongs in a jail cell (lying in a police statement and giving a murderer a false alibi are no-nos), but yes, what the hell with letting Carly and Shawn go?  

I already missed out on a cuffed Carly in that stupid wedding dress.  Scotty better not puss out just because Bobbie's being a bitch to him.  He needs to issue a warrant and Carly needs to have her ass arrested.

I'm really baffled at why Shawn isn't arrested.THey know shawn let Heather out and I would say that would make him just as responsable for anything Heather did including shoot max IMO at least lol.

• Love 4

Dante mentioned that they would have to address Shawn's situation after he freed them from the warehouse. Dante also told Carly that she was in the line of fire. I don't mind Shawn and Carly not being arrested right this minute. They have a full jail right now and the rest of the force is looking for a missing newborn. Carly and Shawn are not going anywhere -- partly because they don't think they did anything wrong. Carly won't leave without trying to reach out to Michael. 

I have no real use for Franco but I do enjoy him coming after Carly like this. She was silly enough to fool with the crazy killer, this is the crazy killer paying her back. I know that's not nice but there it is.

• Love 7
They have a full jail right now

On Y&R they had a recent episode where Nick and Sharon were thrown their hundredth bachelor and bachelorette parities by their friends and all the guys and gals got arrested and man were their jail digs fancy. The set looked every bit like a real holding cell set up.

In PC the jail is full because it is comprised of two teeny, tiny cells which are currently occupied and they certainly can't have the men and women sharing a space so Carly might not get booked until February next year at this rate.

I should be asleep & definitely not thinking about this show but I forgot to mention the Sabrina plot point. From Dr. O's voice mail the board is aware of what she did & trying to figure what to do with her. May I suggest firing her & forcing her to go back to PR.

• Love 7

Also, hallelujah, that as of tomorrow, it is no longer Halloween/Nov 4th. Longest soap day ever.

It can't have been as long as the ThankHallowsGivingEve or whatever we called it for the Black & White Ball.

Edited by TheGourmez
  • Love 1

I've missed these down-to-earth workplace scenes soaps do so well, where the serial killer art therapist has a heart-to-heart with his boss, the vicious terrorist who blackmailed her way into becoming the hospital chief of staff.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

What was with the "Jaws" reference today? Quint and Hooper. C'mon, that was pretty lame. Unless Nina and Franco get on the boat and have to fend off a shark attack. If that's the case, I'm rooting for the shark.

As always, Ron and the gang run one joke (which was on the nose to begin with last year - haha, Quint is the skipper of this boat! subtle!) into the ground (Quint has a buddy named Hooper, and the boat is the Orca! You get it, right?) I am a massive fan of Jaws, but cute little in-jokes cease meaning that much to me when you beat them to death while the actual storylines and scripting go to Planet Fuck.

I am rooting for CD, but I can't deal with Rosalie as some actual character - she really comes off like they hired someone's relative - and their drunk acting, especially hers, was awful.

I have zero concept of why Dante is going around checking up on Carly and letting her hang at home. Why have Carly and Shawn, just to name a few, not been arrested? Why?

• Love 6
But this is a soap, and I have no qualms about rooting for a couple as long as their entertaining, though I'm still not sure whether that will be the case or not.

Please relay how the Nina and Franco story goes, because they are on the highest level of fast-forward mode on my remote.  The writers have failed to integrate Nina and have let RH loose as one of the most vile characters on this show's history. 

• Love 2

Aw, I liked Michael & Rosalie. I wanted Michael and Sabrina after she got over her stupid crush on Pattycakes. I'm really digging 'fuck all y'all' Michael, but what I really want to see is him showing up at Q HQ, walking into the living room to stand before Monica while she wordlessly opens her arms to him and he breaks down in her arms. Then we see Tracy and Ned come in and sit down with him. No dialogue necessary, let the action speak. I think that regardless of how Tracy and Ned felt about AJ, he was still a Q and the Liliputian lollipop mobster killed him in cold blood, and they would support Michael Alan Quartermaine III because that's what Edward and Lila would do, and expect them to do as well.

• Love 6

I agree.  Michael still loves Sonny, regardless of what he is saying.  He can't just turn off 23 years of loving him on a dime.  All that anger and rage comes from love, and so yes, he would have felt guilty about killing Sonny at some point had he pulled the trigger.  I also think Michael is going to struggle with his love for Sonny for a while.  If people think he's all about hating Sonny right now - or Carly - I don't agree.  Michael is going to try to purge the love he feels for them by working, shutting down, having sex, or whatever else he needs to do to keep them out of his heart and mind.  It would be unrealistic if he doesn't.

As much as I hate Sonny and Carly for the years of torment they inflicted on PC, this is correct Michael still loves them, what I think we will see over time, if Ron does this right,is that Michael no longer likes or trusts them. You can love some one and not like them or trust them. I alienated a friend once, we got past it and he loves me but he is never going to trust me again and I really do not blame him. Michael should find that place with Sonny and Carly. If Carly has a stroke, Michael should be there, if she asks for help after wards he should be like "Yep I have arranged doctors and nurses to care for you, Bye"

As to Carly and Shawn in jail the problem is that Ron let this spin out of control, half the cast will end up in jail if justice is really served: Carly, Shawn, Kiki, Morgan, Ava, Sabrina, Nina, Magda and Franco have all committed obvious crimes. Even to a lesser extent Silas and Julian who both knew a known mobster was threatening a pregnant woman and failed to report the crime. Now mind you with the exception of Julian I could do without any of these people on my screen but Ron is not going to do that.

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 7

I remeber during the susan moore murder mystery I swear Heather and scotty where on two differnt floors when they was arrested.Get that they had more of a budget back then but I have never heard such a lame excuse for someone not being put in jail before lol.

• Love 2

Why can't they double and triple up on the jail cells? We could have Sonny, Duke and Shawn in one and Heather and Snarly in the other.

So much this. I don't think "lack of space" is the reason Carly and Shawn aren't in jail. Most local holding cells can accommodate more than one prisoner at a time. The left for the guys and the the right for the girls. It would be far more interesting and fun to have Sonny, Duke and Shawn on one side and Ava, Carly and Heather on the other all snarking back and forth.

As much as I hate Sonny and Carly for the years of torment they inflicted on PC, this is correct Michael still loves them, what I think we will see over time, if Ron does this right,is that Michael no longer likes or trusts them. You can love some one and not like them or trust them. 

To me this is the way Dante treats Sonny. So I have no problem with Michael acting the same. Michael never needed to shoot Sonny, it would have caused him far more pain than anyone.

Even to a lesser extent Silas and Julian who both knew a known mobster was threatening a pregnant woman and failed to report the crime.

Julian and I think Silas plus Kiki and Morgan also know about Ava killing Connie. I am really chapped that that keeps getting forgotten in all this. If Sonny's crime is so heinous then Ava's is too. I mean she killed Connie b/c she knew who Julian really was? Really just as lame as why Sonny killed AJ.

Also why in the world is Ava so much an invalid after having a baby? The baby seems perfectly fine and she had a very bloodless vaginal delivery. I really dislike how Ron tries to make pregnancy this state that causes a strong women to become a total weakling who can't do anything. Most women now days don't even spend the night at the hospital, even women who have their babies at home.ugh!

Also why in the world is Ava so much an invalid after having a baby? The baby seems perfectly fine and she had a very bloodless vaginal delivery. I really dislike how Ron tries to make pregnancy this state that causes a strong women to become a total weakling who can't do anything. Most women now days don't even spend the night at the hospital, even women who have their babies at home.ugh!

I have to assume the variety of drugs Nina administered to Ava to subdue her and then force her to deliver the baby are a factor.

• Love 4

I have to assume the variety of drugs Nina administered to Ava to subdue her and then force her to deliver the baby are a factor.

The deal is any drug that would affect the mom that much would also cause the BABY problems and she seems perfectly fine. The paralytic she was given seemed short acting and out of her system pretty quickly and the induction drug is the typical normal med given to many women during labor to progress labor faster. I could buy excessive blood loss if that were ever brought up or discussed but considering Silas a non-OB was her doctor even in the hospital she can't have been in too bad a shape, plus he seemed very chill about her condition...but of course it IS Silas. LOL

Everyone seemed more concerned about her needing to "rest" like having a baby makes someone an invalid.ugh!

Edited by Cattitude

Sonny, Sean, and Dewq in one cell and Carly, Ava, and Heather in the other would be fucking aces; it practically writes itself. Hell just turn on the camera and I'm sure those six actors would come up with some entertaining stuff, especially the wimmins.

But no, we can't get sense-making and organic (for this show) storytelling because that would take time away from Freakco & Nina. Everyone else's stories, even Sonny's, have major beats skipped but we have to see every single beat of those two's stories'.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

We've seen that play out with Sonny and Carly for many years.

Yes, but Carly and Sonny developed into psychos in love over time; they started messed up, not crazy. Franco and Nina are batshit right out of the park. And a lot less hotter than Maurice Benard and Sarah Brown were circa 1999, which didn't hurt.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
I've missed these down-to-earth workplace scenes soaps do so well, where the serial killer art therapist has a heart-to-heart with his boss, the vicious terrorist who blackmailed her way into becoming the hospital chief of staff.

I might have gotten a little teary-eyed during that talk. So moving and heartfelt.

I never fast-forward, but oh God if I did.

How do you not stab yourself in the eye on a daily basis? FF is the only reason I can watch the show.

Sonny, Sean, and Dewq in one cell and Carly, Ava, and Heather in the other would be fucking aces; it practically writes itself.

The women would be catfighting (because that's wimmins for you), and the men would be practicing their Duh faces.

• Love 3

But no, we can't get sense-making and organic (for this show) storytelling because that would take time away from Freakco & Nina. Everyone else's stories, even Sonny's, have major beats skipped but we have to see every single beat of those two's stories'.

This, totally.  It's so bizarre to me how these two keep being shoved into the spotlight when they should be playing supporting roles in these stories at best. 

And now we're going to have to see them on the run and bonding and comforting each other and declaring how they make each other feel worthy of love?  GROSS EW NO!

• Love 3

How do you not stab yourself in the eye on a daily basis? FF is the only reason I can watch the show.

I'm the same way.  I couldn't sit through an entire hour of this show.  There are just too many characters that I have zero tolerance for.  Even when I'm home I give my DVR a workout.

Can we get Real Andrews to film for one day so Taggert can stop on down and do a jig outside Sonny's cell?  

On a related note, Duke, you are the worst.  Just the worst.  Duke's over the top sucking is one of the reasons I really need Julian to be undercover.  I'd love for it to turn out that Duke is going to jail for sticking by Sonny, in his efforts to "get Julian Jerome" and it turns out Julian is one of the good guys.  Maybe Julian can join Taggert for that cell-side jig.

Now that I would watch. Taggert doing a jig, and telling Sonny welcome to jail !
  • Love 1

I should be asleep & definitely not thinking about this show but I forgot to mention the Sabrina plot point. From Dr. O's voice mail the board is aware of what she did & trying to figure what to do with her. May I suggest firing her & forcing her to go back to PR.

Considering the complete off-screen-ness of this (which...I'm torn about.  Seeing Sabrina being racked over the coals and begging for mercy could have been fun.  But it would have meant seeing Sabrina), I'm guessing the writers are just planning to gloss over her trying to murder an unborn child.  What a pure-hearted heroine she is!

Edited by TeeVee329

I'm not sure the PCPD has grounds yet to arrest Ava. Was there anything on Franco's tape to incriminate her?

As for Ava being in the hospital, she also crawled for a while it appears and had probably not been properly cared for by Nina after the birth. Also it's been the same day for days now. She just gave birth, aided by a crazed woman. Of course she needs to recuperate.

• Love 2

Is this really the first time we have seen Sonny behind bars? I know he's been dragged down to the station for questioning numerous times, but has he really never been in a cell before?

He's been in a cell at least once before. He was sharing a cell with Tom Hardy (the reasons for it escape me) quite a few years ago. Tom got released, but refused to leave since he could see that Sonny was claustrophobic. And that's how the audience found out about the phobia. 

Edited by rur
Sonny was briefly in a cell just this past Christmas.  I recall he and Dr. O interacted.  He took the blame for Max getting shot by Morgan, right?

Indeed he was and indeed they did. She sang "Oh Christmas Tree" I believe as well.

Sonny has been imprisoned a number of times, he's just always gotten out in record time, he never serves any sort of real sentence.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Sonny was in jail for Claudia's murder an didn't suffer any ill effects. He was 'nobly' taking the blame for Michael except that when the verdict was about to be read, Jason told him that everything was in place to get him out and on the plane to his island. I don't think we've ever seen him in prison though.

Duke needs to stay in that cell for a bit. Does Micheal- who was there for many sessions at ELQ with he and AJ- know he lied about the alibi to cover up AJ's murder? That's another much needed smackdown. I dgaf about Duke's "relationship" with Anna. We all know she's with Dante. I'm like why hath thou betrayed AJ?

• Love 1

Thanks for all the reminders about time Sonny's spent behind bars. I knew this couldn't be his first time. He wasn't seeming very claustrophobic when he was chatting with Duke, who is pretty much dead to me with all his talk about "Sonny you are my good and loyal friend." Sonny doesn't give two hoots about Duke.

• Love 5