Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I am ridiculously into Michael/Rosalie. I thought their scenes were fun and cute and I'm with OnceSane, I thought that kiss was hot. I'm excited for more of them tomorrow.

I was LMAO at Franco's narration at the beginning. Like what the fuck? This show is so far off the deep end. 

I feel as if I need to apologize a bit for ever stating I liked Nina/Franco. I'm scared now that RC saw that one person was enjoying them and was like "YES EVERYONE LOVES FRANCO/NINA!" and now we're going to be subjected to two psychos on the run with a baby. I am truly sorry.

Duke is so awful. I hope he isn't part of the obvious 'Sonny in prison' story we're getting. Just send him off screen forever.

• Love 2

Yeah, just like Guza lived vicariously through Jason, Spinelli (the geek whose way with words made him so "awesome") and, to a lesser degree, Sonny.  Meanwhile, Ron’s living through Franco, a serial killer, and an 8-year-old count.

Okay this just made me miss Guza.

Did Kiki actually give Morgan the "honesty" lecture?  Did I hear that right?  I swear to God, RC will never right that character as ever taking heat or owning her ish.  SHE is the constant liar, and she acts like SHE knows Michael better than Morgan.  She doesn't.  I hate that character, and Morgan is doomed if he falls for her again.  He'd also be an idiot.

I liked Michael and Rosalie, and I liked Michael's confidence, and I-don't-give-a-shit attitude, especially when he kissed Rosalie.  Those two have chemistry, and I also like that Rosalie came clean to him about everything.  At least he won't get blindsided with her initial arrangement to seduce him.  They both know what they want from the other, and they both want it.  Consenting adults with no lies.  Finally!

I also liked the Danet/Carly scenes.  I adore both actors, and I still love Carly.  She's a morally bankrupt character, but I love how LW plays her, and I love DZ as Dante.  He certainly has his hands full with ALL the Corinthos men.  

So Franco is officially Franco again, including the dvds and his hashtag along with his threat to terrorize Carly from afar.  I think RH is better when he just plays the character dark and serious and not campy and jokey.  Since RH just re-signed with GH, Franco is not going anywhere.

The rest:  Sonny/Duke, Jordan/Shawn, Liesl/Franco, Nina/Madeline - Boring.  

I did love Heather.  I always love Heather:

Heather:  You got nothing to charge me with

Anna:  Max Giombetti just regained consciousness and fingered you as his shooter

Heather:  (pause) Well that's unfortunate.  (LOL, I love her.  She's SUCH a better crazy than Nina or Franco because she doesn't TRY to play crazy or funny.  She just is.)

It helps that Robin Mattson is actually a pretty good actress.

• Love 5

If only Chad would stop about two thirds of the type of acting he does the kid might be half decent. He handled those "shots" the way he handled the gun, a total rookie. Those "drunk" scenes were...agonizing really.

Lol, since I know you hate the Michael character, it's hard to not see your posts through that prism - and it's fine.  We like who we like.  I thought Chad was good, and I didn't think he played a bad drunk.  Michael wasn't really drunk, just buzzed enough to not want to care.  The fact that he could enunciate the word "manipulation" sold it for me. lol.  He hadn't been drinking long enough to be drunk, but I did like his "I don't give a shit attitude," which is highly refreshing.  I think Michael and Rosalie do have chemistry, and when you consider that CD has been saddled with KA as a co-star for over two years, it's SO refreshing to see him with someone new.

Kiki called Morgan "Captain" again...I want her drowned.

On this we agree completely.  I don't know why Morgan gives that girl the time of day, and if he's stupid enough to be her rebound guy, after losing Michael, he deserves her.  She's already herself into pre-Michael mode by calling him "Captain" again.

<small voice> I thought the Michael/Rosalie kiss was kinda hot, though brief.<small voice>

No small voice here.  It WAS hot, and it was hot because it was done with confidence, and the aforementioned "I don't give a shit attitude.  I just want what I want."  I think Rosalie liked it too, although I think she's liked Michael since seh saw him in a different light shooting and killing the hitman.  Bet she never expected that on the night of "Assignment Seduction."

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

Anna and Nathan bust into an empty hotel room. Damn, it’s just a nearly empty hotel room. What a waste, show. What a waste.

When I hear Donna Mills’ voice on that tape I hear Gloria Stuart talking about a blue diamond and a boat.

Hee.

I think the writers want us to like Franco and Dr. O. One tried to kill every Scorpio family member. And the other is a hammy serial killer. Yeah, so, anyway …

Since the scriptwriter today didn't remember that Dr O is actually Swiss, imo they should just let KG drop the accent. It would help her seem less of a cartoon if we're supposed to take her seriously as chief-of-staff. Not that people with accents sound like cartoons in general, but she does.

Please, for the love of all that is holy in this world, tell me you're joking about this.

What's the source for this news? And how long did he re-sign for?

Sorry, but it's true.  Apparently, it's in the latest SOD (11/17/14) and SID (11/24/14) issues that RH has confirmed that he isn't going anywhere.

That's the moment I felt CD was finally able to generate chem with a romantic onscreen scene partner.

Removing him from Kiki/KA's orbit has done wonders for him, and I mean beyond romance.  His scenes with Sonny, Carly, Dante, and now Rosalie.  I can't wait for his scenes with the Quartermaines.  I also think CD had great chemistry with Abby, Brenda, and Maxie.  The only person he has anti-chemistry with is KA, go figure.

• Love 2

Can we get Real Andrews to film for one day so Taggert can stop on down and do a jig outside Sonny's cell?  

On a related note, Duke, you are the worst.  Just the worst.  Duke's over the top sucking is one of the reasons I really need Julian to be undercover.  I'd love for it to turn out that Duke is going to jail for sticking by Sonny, in his efforts to "get Julian Jerome" and it turns out Julian is one of the good guys.  Maybe Julian can join Taggert for that cell-side jig.  

• Love 12

I liked Michael and Rosalie-- but she is terrible at acting drunk. 

Did I hear right, and did The Nina actually say "cock-a-doody" today? Well, if you're going to rip off dialogue from a crazy character, Stephen King has good source materials.

Man, the PCPD is having one hell of a day(week? day-week?) Whatever this Hallow-Election day is, They nab AJ Quartermain's killer, his accomplice, and Heather Webber.

I just hope Nathan and Dante have the time and energy to debrief the commissioner.

• Love 1

I think Duke and Julian should be stuck in a cell together. Alexis and Anna can comfort each other and have an affair. I'm only half-joking about that. Cause seriously, Alexis and Anna, in the same scene, both looking at each other over their glasses would be kinda hot.

• Love 2

Ugh. Why couldn't Franco's tumor come back and make him drop dead immediately after he revealed the truth about AJ's death? The actor re-signing is not good news.

Poor Ian Buchanan. They should have left Duke dead ... especially if being Sonny's buddy is what they're doing with him!

• Love 2
Today was the first time I've ever seen CD generate any type of romantic chemistry.

This, completely. I don't know if its because of his new fuck-the-world attitude, but it worked. I cheered when he kissed Rosalie mainly because it's something he wouldn't usually do. I want more horny and drunk Michael.

Someone above thread stated they would like for them to take over the Quartermaines as a couple, I would kind of dig that.

I feel as if I need to apologize a bit for ever stating I liked Nina/Franco. I'm scared now that RC saw that one person was enjoying them and was like "YES EVERYONE LOVES FRANCO/NINA!" and now we're going to be subjected to two psychos on the run with a baby. I am truly sorry.

I'm not sorry, but I'm aprehensive. The idea of having two not-all-there people fall in love while on the run appeals to me. But seeing as this is RC, I can't help but feel they will turn them into 2 unwatchable hammy loons, or portray their falling in love as too obvious and fast and on the nose and we would get  what we saw in their phone conversation the other day. RC just cant do subtlety and nuance, which is what I most miss in soap couples. The potential for a good story is there, the actors, when they aren't hamming it up, are good and they do have chemistry. But RC will fuck it over somehow.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2

This, completely. I don't know if its because of his new fuck-the-world attitude, but it worked. I cheered when he kissed Rosalie mainly because it's something he wouldn't usually do. I want more horny and drunk Michael.

Someone above thread stated they would like for them to take over the Quartermaines as a couple, I would kind of dig that.

I'm not sorry, but I'm aprehensive. The idea of having two not-all-there people fall in love while on the run appeals to me. But seeing as this is RC, I can't help but feel they will turn them into 2 unwatchable hammy loons, or portray their falling in love as too obvious and fast and on the nose and we would get  what we saw in their phone conversation the other day. RC just cant do subtlety and nuance, which is what I most miss in soap couples. The potential for a good story is there, the actors, when they aren't hamming it up, are good and they do have chemistry. But RC will fuck it over somehow.

The problem imo is that these are two horrible people. I don't care if they fall in love; they should both die. I don't want to see the wacky hijinks and love story of two sociopaths.

• Love 6

Carly still saying casually that Sonny is Michael's father really chaps me. I'm against violence, especially toward women, but oh I would love to see Michael bitch-slap Carly one of these times when she says that. Then stare at her and say "Don't you ever, EVER say that to me for the rest of our lives."

I was afraid we were going to have to see Carly for weeks in that wedding dress, but at least the PCPD let her go home and change before they (eventually) arrest her for being complicit in the cover-up of AJ's murder.

When the cops broke into the store-room to find all of Franco's captives, it was so stupid to see everyone hang around instead of rushing out. Franco could easily have slammed the door behind the cops and then wired the door with a bomb. Luckily, by that time he was into escaping the scene himself. That crowd of dummies were lucky.

I won't be able to watch Franco and Nina on the run with the baby. Franco obviously picked another rich woman to control, since his marriage to wealthy Carly was kaput. I'm so sorry to hear that the actor signed up for another contract; I can't stand his joking and smuggery.

The problem imo is that these are two horrible people. I don't care if they fall in love; they should both die. I don't want to see the wacky hijinks and love story of two sociopaths.

I think horrible people can fall in love heck Old school Heather and scotty were lots of fun lol bu nina really seems like shes lost touch with reality.THats kind hard to watch compared to say too some manipulaters and schemers lol.

• Love 1

I get that, and to be fair, I wasn't watching during Franco's original run, or even RH's version until about 4 months ago so that may be why I'm not completely closed of on them, though I am well aware of the bullshit he has pulled. I also think both of them acting like such psychos before they ran off together wasn't the wisest choice. You have to make the characters semi rootable before wanting to get them into a rootable couple.

But this is a soap, and I have no qualms about rooting for a couple as long as their entertaining, though I'm still not sure whether that will be the case or not.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

Carly still saying casually that Sonny is Michael's father really chaps me. I'm against violence, especially toward women, but oh I would love to see Michael bitch-slap Carly one of these times when she says that. Then stare at her and say "Don't you ever, EVER say that to me for the rest of our lives."

I hope someone gives her a wake-up call and this isn't the new status quo.  Shouldn't Dante have said something and been, how shall I put it, less kind?  I don't get it that she doesn't get it.  She and Sonny devastated Michael in a way he's never been devastated before, even with the rape because he still had his people including Carly.  Her line about Michael feeling guilty about shooting Sonny once he "cooled down"?  Sonnyboy didn't take away Michael's favorite toy, he killed his father, a man he loved despite Carly/Sonny bullshit. 

• Love 7

I wonder if they are going to bother showing us Michael telling Monica about AJ's innocence/killer.  I mean RC loves his realism so much with having Olivia and Lulu finding out over the news which means, if we are being realistic, that the Q's phone should have been ringing off the hook by the media, plus they would have been showing up at their door.

If we get jipped I'm going to be pissed.  That's the last thing I care about with this story.  Unless AJ comes back from the dead.

• Love 2

I wonder if they are going to bother showing us Michael telling Monica about AJ's innocence/killer.  I mean RC loves his realism so much with having Olivia and Lulu finding out over the news which means, if we are being realistic, that the Q's phone should have been ringing off the hook by the media, plus they would have been showing up at their door.

If we get jipped I'm going to be pissed.  That's the last thing I care about with this story.  Unless AJ comes back from the dead.

I assume it will take place on Ron's Twitter account. 

• Love 10

I think horrible people can fall in love heck Old school Heather and scotty were lots of fun lol bu nina really seems like shes lost touch with reality.THats kind hard to watch compared to say too some manipulaters and schemers lol.

I don't mind grey characters falling in love; that's usually great, actually, because they usually display another level of their personalities. But two sociopathic, murdering, rapist characters played by two hammy overactors just really doesn't do it for me. jmo

• Love 6

I hope someone gives her a wake-up call and this isn't the new status quo.  Shouldn't Dante have said something and been, how shall I put it, less kind?  I don't get it that she doesn't get it.  She and Sonny devastated Michael in a way he's never been devastated before, even with the rape because he still had his people including Carly.  Her line about Michael feeling guilty about shooting Sonny once he "cooled down"?  Sonnyboy didn't take away Michael's favorite toy, he killed his father, a man he loved despite Carly/Sonny bullshit. 

Carly is still in denial that Michael is just angry and needs to cool-down.  It hasn't hit her yet that she lost her son too, and I can't wait to see that revelation really hit her because LW will rock that scene, her and CD both.  I think Sonny already knows.  Carly has always lived in this alternate world of hers where she thinks everything can be forgiven because she's been forgiven before.  Let's face it, Michael HAS forgiven his parents for some horrific stuff that happened to him.  This is different.  Like Michael told Rosalie, he feels stupid, like an idiot for trusting his family.  I think that's at the heart of his anger, feeling like a fool.  He said the same thing to Morgan and Kiki.  There's a humiliation for Michael underneath all the anger.  

• Love 3

RH isn't going anywhere? of course he isn't. Where else could a no talent like Howarth work steady unless his friends Frank and Ron were propping him up and paying him. Very sad news. If only he was one tenth the actor that his stans and the delusional soap press thinks he is and he was capable of supporting himself without chewing a daily dose of GH scenery. 

• Love 3
Carly is still in denial that Michael is just angry and needs to cool-down.  It hasn't hit her yet that she lost her son too, and I can't wait to see that revelation really hit her because LW will rock that scene, her and CD both

Yeah, that sounds just about right, but I'm always concerned because these soap writers from Guza to Ron don't always see things the way the audience does.  It just feels like everyone will be or already are understanding of Carly with the obvious exception of Michael. I guess I just have to be patient and let it play out. 

• Love 2

I hope someone gives her a wake-up call and this isn't the new status quo. Shouldn't Dante have said something and been, how shall I put it, less kind? I don't get it that she doesn't get it. She and Sonny devastated Michael in a way he's never been devastated before, even with the rape because he still had his people including Carly. Her line about Michael feeling guilty about shooting Sonny once he "cooled down"? Sonnyboy didn't take away Michael's favorite toy, he killed his father, a man he loved despite Carly/Sonny bullshit.

I think Michael would have indeed been eaten up by guilt for a long while, and him confessing to Sonny's murder would probably have been a possibilty too, so I think Carly was right on that count.

Dante was probably should have been less kind, but he knows she's not gonna listen to him on the subject of Michael and probably would have said something about him sending Michael to prison to boot.

Looking forward to a scene with Michael, Monica and the rest of the Q clan. Dear God, please let Michael legally change his last name.

I'd like to see a Thanksgiving episode where the Q's Thanksgiving goes pear-shaped - AGAIN - and just as they are all sitting down glumly to pizza they get a phone call that they all have to come to the brownstone right away, it's an emergency.  And when they get there Michael is waiting with a turkey dinner with all the fixin's.

I just hope Nathan and Dante have the time and energy to debrief the commissioner.

I see what you did there.  ;)

Well, Carly's relationship with the truth has always been a bit slippery.  Remember how she lied for years that "A.J. pushed me down the stairs" because it was more convenient for her than "I went out of my way to bait a guy I shouldn't have and tripped over my own two feet"?  I can see her clinging ever more desperateley to her biggest lie as everything falls apart around her ears.

• Love 5

I think Michael would have indeed been eaten up by guilt for a long while, and him confessing to Sonny's murder would probably have been a possibilty too, so I think Carly was right on that count.

I agree.  Michael still loves Sonny, regardless of what he is saying.  He can't just turn off 23 years of loving him on a dime.  All that anger and rage comes from love, and so yes, he would have felt guilty about killing Sonny at some point had he pulled the trigger.  I also think Michael is going to struggle with his love for Sonny for a while.  If people think he's all about hating Sonny right now - or Carly - I don't agree.  Michael is going to try to purge the love he feels for them by working, shutting down, having sex, or whatever else he needs to do to keep them out of his heart and mind.  It would be unrealistic if he doesn't.

• Love 1

Sorry, but it's true.  Apparently, it's in the latest SOD (11/17/14) and SID (11/24/14) issues that RH has confirmed that he isn't going anywhere.

Removing him from Kiki/KA's orbit has done wonders for him, and I mean beyond romance.  His scenes with Sonny, Carly, Dante, and now Rosalie.  I can't wait for his scenes with the Quartermaines.  I also think CD had great chemistry with Abby, Brenda, and Maxie.  The only person he has anti-chemistry with is KA, go figure.

I believe you and your reporting.

God Damn it, are you kidding me? This sucks.

• Love 1

It's been since before she hooked up with Sonny that Carly hasn't had someone to clean up her messes. She's been able to do what she wants since Michael was a toddler, and all she had to do was either invoke Sonny's mob power as a threat, or flash her glittery hoo-ha, and consequences have vanished. Now Sonny can't help her, Franco's gone, and she'll have to face losing not only her son, who was also the source of her power and clout (over Sonny, Jason, the Qs, Jax, etc.), as well as the wrath of the law, alone.

This could be good work for LW. Hope she gets scripts worthy of it.

Edited by MsChicklet
  • Love 2
Lol, since I know you hate the Michael character, it's hard to not see your posts through that prism - and it's fine

I've always thought Chad was a fairly weak actor, from the get go he's never impressed me in this role, much the same with Byran as Morgan. I haven't really liked any young actors or actresses on GH in probably a decade or so. The poor writing and bad directing has never helped much, but there are those who can rise above those types of obstacles and those who can't.

I thought the scenes with Michael today were over the top and cheesy frankly, and the actress playing Rosalie seemed to get in on the same act and it was just a back and forth that I didn't feel worked at all. As I called him a "rookie" in my first post, that is how I look at a lot of his acting, it doesn't really give me the idea that there's a ton of growth there.

Now if these scenes had been replaced with Michael going to see Monica? Then I might have been actually interested, if only because Chad would have definitely been lifted by Leslie's performance and it's about time AJ's mother got her chance to react to all that's gone on.

Watching Michael booze at a bar with another worthless girl whose vagina he'll fall into due to distress however, I guess Sonny did manage to teach him a trick or two abut dealing with feelings, isn't what I personally consider must see TV.

• Love 1

I can't with Nina in McBain's old hotel room.  Watching her flail around that set is taunting me, reminding me of how the show has gone from awesome to utter shit in just two short years.  Oh, 2012.  How I miss you. 

• Love 3

With any luck, maybe their boat will crash on that same huge island in the middle of the lake that Maxie and Lulu were held on. Franco and Nina can freeze to death over the  winter and the baby can be rescued by moose or elk and raised in safety. 

• Love 1
That train has sailed.

Not just sailed but it has jumped the tracks because of a two way underground train wreck and Carly will soon be knocked unconscious by a bouncing rock.

Ahh...I remember when I thought that silliness was so over the top and stupid back then, but compared to things currently that shit could have won a Tony, Emmy, Golden Globe, and Oscar.

It'd be a complete ripoff of Days, but if somehow there is a secret island out there where all the "dead" characters have been stashed by say Helena or Jerry Jacks, or anyone bat shit crazy enough to do it, I'd actually welcome that at this point.

To get Alan back, AJ, Tony, Georgie, Lorenzo, Justus, just to name a few...if only.

Yeah, that sounds just about right, but I'm always concerned because these soap writers from Guza to Ron don't always see things the way the audience does.  It just feels like everyone will be or already are understanding of Carly with the obvious exception of Michael. I guess I just have to be patient and let it play out. 

I was hoping that Dante would have just spit the information in Carly's face, turned around and left.  While I'm glad he wasn't actively sympathetic, I would have liked it a lot more if he'd indicated a level of disgust for her and her behavior.

Or, just plain pushed her over on her big behind or better yet, hit in the face with a pie.  That would have worked for me too.

• Love 2
It'd be a complete ripoff of Days, but if somehow there is a secret island out there where all the "dead" characters have been stashed by say Helena or Jerry Jacks, or anyone bat shit crazy enough to do it, I'd actually welcome that at this point.

To get Alan back, AJ, Tony, Georgie, Lorenzo, Justus, just to name a few...if only.

Not really. Look at what Cartini have done to the vets who are here. Those characters are now better off dead precluding another new regime that has any writing ability and doesn't worship the bottom of the barrel villains and wackos.

• Love 1

The fact that Sonny thinks that he is in this mess because he didn't kill Franco earlier is quite funny. Sonny you are in this mess because you killed AJ.

Right up there with Carly blaming where they are all at on that gawd awful ugly necklace..the hell you say? That is why Sonny and Carly deserve eachother.

I truely can't understand what Duke did that warrants a jail cell when both Carly and Shawn are left to go free by CHOICE. Dante just let them both go?

I also laughed at Dante's disdain for Franco for kidnapping to SHAWN'S face when he broke Heather out of Ferncliff and she's standing right there.

And can NO ONE tell freakin' Dante about Ava shooting Olivia and killing Connie???? My gawd all the nashing of teeth about Sonny getting passes right and left and all these people just running around free? I think PC selective arrest record isn't just relegated to Sonny.

That is one reason I don't loathe Sonny. I don't see him getting any more passes than anyone else in PC.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2