Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

This whole volunteering for rape/sexual assault finally reminded me of Season 1 of 24. Teri Bauer, Jack's wife, was kidnapped along with their teenage daughter, Kim. One of the kidnappers was going to rape Kim, but Teri said she wouldn't fight him. So she submitted to having sex with him in order to protect Kim. I don't know if this was the kind of thing they were going for on GH, but it drastically backfired. And it wasn't the same thing anyway, since it was on the spur of the moment mother protecting her daughter vs. a planned out con/sting by a sexual assault survivor.

I really don't see the point of Drew (although I like looking at Billy Miller) or Kim on this canvas.

Curtis really needs to be freed from Jordan.

I liked seeing so much Monica today.

Julian/Ava/Scotty scenes should be a regular once a week thing.

When it comes to characters who are likable and who have made me feel something I do see the point of Drew and Kim on this canvas.  Kim is a doctor and we could use as many docs as we can get on a show about a hospital.      Drew is a Quartermaine and Quartermaines are also in short supply.

As for nuJordyn I miss the original too but I’m not sure I’m ready to bid adieu to this character.  

When I think of who I’d like to see let go or at least backburnered I vote Jason, Jason, and Jason...plus Sonny and Carly.  The only story I wanna see them play is Carly and Jason admit their love for one another and Sam get her brain back and get back with Drew...if he will have her.

• Love 11
(edited)
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wished Kin played Scott with less bluster. He's really leaned into that for a long time, and I don't think it works in every situation.

There was a moment when I thought he was going to be soft and just let his feelings out in a quiet way. But it didn't really happen.

Edited by tvgoddess
15 minutes ago, Jenxee said:

When it comes to characters who are likable and who have made me feel something I do see the point of Drew and Kim on this canvas.  Kim is a doctor and we could use as many docs as we can get on a show about a hospital.      Drew is a Quartermaine and Quartermaines are also in short supply.

As for nuJordyn I miss the original too but I’m not sure I’m ready to bid adieu to this character.  

When I think of who I’d like to see let go or at least backburnered I vote Jason, Jason, and Jason...plus Sonny and Carly.  The only story I wanna see them play is Carly and Jason admit their love for one another and Sam get her brain back and get back with Drew...if he will have her.

I want all of that too. I just know it's not going to happen.

As far as Drew being a Quartermaine, I constantly forget. Unless he's in scenes with Monica, it never crosses my mind.

• Love 3

I want to see Drew invite Monica to go on a trip with him and Scout - just the three of them bonding as a family for a few weeks away from Port Charles. It's not like Scout's mother would even realize she hadn't seen Scout in a while. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

ETA: The stupid thing was when Jason and Sam found the pledges they were like "how do we know these are real", well lets just open some random one and look at some strangers secret.  Yup that looks real, now lets see if we can find Kristina's. or here it is , 3rd one down. Why didn't they just look to find Kristina's in the first place, why open a random one??

Didn't they open Margeaux's pledge?  Or did I read that wrong? 

Notice how they didn't take all the pledges and burn them.  They didn't even take time to look for Willow's, and she was instrumental in Krissy leaving the cult.  Me, me, me!

Wow, KeMo has a rockin' bod, but those jeans/jeggings didn't do her any favors. 

• Love 2

I’ve given it time & I don’t like nuJordan. She’s played so much weaker now. Vinesssa played Jordan with so much fire & authority. I’d be okay with killing her off & making Anna or Mac chief again. I’m not sure who I pair Curtis with but I’m sure they can come up with someone for him. Also, I like Neil. He’s so smart without being a no it all. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Notice how they didn't take all the pledges and burn them.  They didn't even take time to look for Willow's, and she was instrumental in Krissy leaving the cult.  Me, me, me!

Those are our heroes.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Those are our heroes.

What makes it so much worse is that we know exactly why Sam/Jason picked that particular pledge out of all of them to read and "verify authenticity", because Margaux is the DA and they could deliver whatever was written there as blackmail material to Sonny.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jenxee said:

So sad to see the regression that is Sam McCall.  She went from wanting Jason and her children away from the mob to ditching her kids and settling for #12 on Jason’s priority list behind Carly, Michael, Sonny, his gun, Spinelli, Jocelyn, black t-shirts, the gym, his motorcycle, a punching bag, and hair gel.  Oh well, at least she’s not as low as #14 and #15 that’s Danny and Jake.

Who?

And she’s about to fall two spots on the list with the truth about Wylie coming out and Carly’s spawn making making their debut. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’ve given it time & I don’t like nuJordan. She’s played so much weaker now. Vinesssa played Jordan with so much fire & authority. I’d be okay with killing her off & making Anna or Mac chief again. I’m not sure who I pair Curtis with but I’m sure they can come up with someone for him. Also, I like Neil. He’s so smart without being a no it all. 

Spoiler

Hayden

• Love 3
(edited)
Spoiler

Yes please.  Curtis and Hayden are LOVE

Also, I get it.  Sam went to the hospital so that her blood could be tested and they could use her drugging as actual evidence, which they couldn't with Kristina.  Following any kind of reasonable procedure is just for the "plan" or whatever.  Obviously they couldn't have taken proper precautions with Krissy.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 4
(edited)

There have been a lot of mountain climbing deaths this season... just saying.

A target rich environment - a doctor and a Quartermaine. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny

The stupid thing was when Jason and Sam found the pledges they were like "how do we know these are real", 

Seriously. Why didn't they just check Sam's? She should be able to recognize her own handwriting. And she knows what phony story she gave him. But nope, they had to open Margeaux's. 

Sam & Jason rubbing it in Shiloh's face was sooooo not a good look. We outsmarted you. And we're gonna make sure you have a horrible accident. They're quite the poor winners.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Captanne said:

I missed the last 15 minute segment yesterday -- do we know or care what Kristina's Sekrit was?

Kristina will tell Alexis about it today. It's probably that Alexis ran over Kiefer, which is already public knowledge. The writers obviously didn't remember that when they had Kristina write the pledge, so I'll be interested to see how Alexis reacts.

Ugh, this fakakta show.

• Love 4

I've been watching sporadically since the cast-merge a few years ago and the time change.  Only recently have I been able to get back into the show on a regular basis.  I totally forgot about the Keifer thing.  Not the boyfriend.  Just the "running over" bit.  Thanks!  (I love following TWoP from website to website and finding the TFGH posts haven't changed one bit in tenor and tone.  The names have changed but the bitter, bitter anger and remorse haven't.  LOLOL)  I admire consistency.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ouinason said:
  Reveal spoiler

Yes please.  Curtis and Hayden are LOVE

Also, I get it.  Sam went to the hospital so that her blood could be tested and they could use her drugging as actual evidence, which they couldn't with Kristina.  Following any kind of reasonable procedure is just for the "plan" or whatever.  Obviously they couldn't have taken proper precautions with Krissy.

Spoiler

CUPCAKE PLEASE!!!

Now I feel stupid that I didn't realize that was the reason she went to the hospital. And the rushing of the results was beyond ridiculous. Jason asked Monica to fast track them, and then literally there they were. Seriously, Show?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Sam went to the hospital so that her blood could be tested and they could use her drugging as actual evidence,

The problem with this is that Sam knew the tea would be drugged, since he'd done the same to Kristina and Willow and likely everyone else.  So she voluntarily drank drugged tea.  Would that even hold up in court (I know, I know, what am I saying!)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

The gloating from JaSam yesterday was so awful that I'm now rooting for Shiloh. Is CRM still taping? I really hope Shiloh is around for awhile. 

They’re so repulsive... that Shiloh seems rootable.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Hater said:

They’re so repulsive... that Shiloh seems rootable.

Right? Except for what he did to Willow, I find him less repulsive than the other buttholes on this storyline. Here's going he's playing chess here while the braintrust are playing checkers and all of this was part of his plan. I know that's but the case, but I can dream.

13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maybe Willow can introduce him to one of her fellow teachers. It would be nice to have another couple besides Chillow acting like adults.

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

Does anybody get sick of Jax sharing the majority of his scenes with Carly since he's been back?

Who else is he going to share them with? Other characters he has history with? That's so 1990!

The hair department should cut their losses on those limp curls. Sam, Sasha . . .

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jax cheerfully rolling into Sonny's house and telling him to his face that he hates him and will never bend the knee to him was a fucking delight. I'm not so eager for the property wars Sonny wants to incite between them (grow up, dude, you can't literally own all of PC), but I'm down for Jax throwing his weight around and never letting Sonny forget he sucks. 

Nina is working overtime in an attempt to take Carly's crown as Most Insufferable Character. Showing up at Willow's classroom simply to bully her about her personal life is unjustifiable. It's one of those cases where I can't imagine how we're supposed to think her behavior is passable, and yet it just keeps escalating.

It was nice to see Willow's pledge returned to her. After what she's been through, I think having that pledge back will give her the sense of agency and control over her own story that she deserves.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Who else is he going to share them with? Other characters he has history with? That's so 1990!

Sorry, but now I have to go back in the wayback machine because you remind me of something.  It really irked me when they had Lulu's abortion story.  She discussed this with everybody: Dillon (of course, and I applaud that), Georgie, very briefly, Luke (again, Of course), Carly, and Sonny, which was just weird. Who did she not talk to (and yes she was on the show at the time)?  Bobbie. Her aunt, who had had an abortion, a miscarriage, put a child up for adoption, and adopted a child.  The show had her discuss this with every single character on this show, except for one that had full experience of every choice she could make (except for having and keeping the same baby, I guess).  Ridiculous.

• Love 2

Did the Genius Squad also get the flash drive that Kristina recorded her pledge on? Because that isn't a hearsay source.

I want Alexis to confront Kristina as to why she gave an Alexis pledge and not one from Sonny. In therapy.

Why is Sonny asking Sam if it's okay to Kristina instead of, you know, her mother? Between his smugness that to Jax that he knows Joss better than Jax does to his behaviour to Alexis, I can't stand Sonny.

Is Sonny going to blackmail Margaux to prosecute Shiloh now?

Michael is speaking at "my cousin Jake's" class? I couldn't figure out how they were related till I remembered that Michael is a Quartermaine.

LOL at Carly pushing Jason to get back with Sam but he's got to run off to pay his debt Michael because Willow spoke to Kristina.

16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really did not need to see Shiloh unbuttoning his shirt and going for his pants yet again. Gross, GH.

Everything about this wrap-up is gross, especially Sam and Jason being so smug at Shiloh, and torching everyone's pledge but Margaux's so that they can blackmail her.

13 hours ago, ouinason said:

Why couldn't they have bugged the room and tested Kristina's blood? Only because they

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:
  Reveal spoiler

CUPCAKE PLEASE!!!

Now I feel stupid that I didn't realize that was the reason she went to the hospital. And the rushing of the results was beyond ridiculous. Jason asked Monica to fast track them, and then literally there they were. Seriously, Show?

They should have gone to a police lab for chain of evidence. Which this show doesn't care about at all as Jason steals evidence from the police lock-up. I wonder if Jason ordered the blood tested himself too.

• Love 3

So the two shit heads torch all the pledges but Margo’s? Am I suppose to think they’re heroes? Why is Shiloh still on the street? So the heroes can allow him to start up his cult again? Why does this show think Jason and Sam did anything  heroic? 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

Does anybody get sick of Jax sharing the majority of his scenes with Carly since he's been back?

Yup, especially with that bitch saying shit like "you've done wrong things too" when Jax mentioned that he can't be there for Joss if Sonny tries to have him deported again.  UGH that whole scene of the two of them saying good-bye at the door will make other viewers feel stabby too. And then she's grinning like she just got laid in reaction to Michael and Sasha agreeing to go out. 

I see a love triangle set up with Michael telling Willow he's there for her and she's like family to him.  It seems like he's starting to fall for Willow, esp. because she's so worried about his "godson."  Good for Willow for standing up for herself with the other bitch. "Are you stalking me now?" really is the perfect way to describe it.  The only good part of today, which shockingly involved Jason, was him telling Willow she's a hero.  But I'm also confused because how did he know/recognize her given name on the pledge envelope? I thought only Chase knew because he was there when Shiloh said it. 

Also, "I'm tired of waiting for Dante to come home!" Can someone please slap Maxie for that line! LOL at Lulu worrying about "respect of my peers." Woodward or Bernstein you are not, deary.

So many ewww, ick, gross vibes in reaction to the Sonny and Sam hug.  It appeared like acknowledgement from her pimp, esp. given that she once had an affair with Sonny and a baby girl resulted from that affair, and his eldest daughter is her half sister whom she was trying to save from a man similar in mentality to Sonny.  So, Kristina is fine with not knowing the details of how much of the initiation Sam went through? I was unmoved by their sisterly bonding over Kristina's burning pledge, although I know it was supposed to look like Sam being strong/shrugging off what happened with Shiloh to hold and care for weak, emotionally vulnerable little sis. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did the Genius Squad also get the flash drive that Kristina recorded her pledge on? Because that isn't a hearsay source.

I hope Jason, Sonny and Sam get the smug wiped off of their faces once they find out that Shiloh had other copies of the pledges in a safe place and he still has blackmail on Kristina.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think the writers necessarily think Jason/Sam/Carly/Sonny are heroic. They write for them because they're told to. So yeah, they may be passive aggressively taking it out on them. Carly is pregnant at her age and circumstances. That's the epitome of "we gave up writing for her."

Jax will soon share all the scenes with Nina, worry not.

Maxie should just shut up about everything. I feel about her the way some of you feel about Sam. I like her with certain characters sometimes but otherwise, meh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I hope Jason, Sonny and Sam get the smug wiped off of their faces once they find out that Shiloh had other copies of the pledges in a safe place and he still has blackmail on Kristina.

Jason, Sonny, and Sam got the pledges from the safe place where Shiloh moved them to right?

Also the hypocrisy of Sonny holding Margaux's pledge in order to blackmail her is par for the course for GH.

Maxie to me is the most horribly written character on the showsss and that's saying something. 

Edited by Bucwild
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly is pregnant at her age and circumstances. That's the epitome of "we gave up writing for her."

Partly, sure. I think it’s also that they can no longer write Carly like they used to. She’s not that person to TPTB anymore. She’s “Mom.” 

Oh, look, it’s Samantha “I Can Handle Anything Including Sexual Assault Because I’m So Strong and No One Is As Strong As I Am” McCall.

Pls, someone offer KeMo a Hallmark movie because this character needs a rest. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Partly, sure. I think it’s also that they can no longer write Carly like they used to. She’s not that person to TPTB anymore. She’s “Mom.” 

Oh, look, it’s Samantha “I Can Handle Anything Including Sexual Assault Because I’m So Strong and No One Is As Strong As I Am” McCall.

I am so sick of seeing her on screen.  No one will offer her anything, and even so she' d still probably be on 15 times a month. She'll be lucky to find any type of acting job after this side show is canned.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yes partly. But they can write her like that without having her be pregnant. but since Laura Wright has high minimums, they have to shove something in there.

Whether she's the mom character or not, I don't think CVE or SA particularly care about writing for her. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hey everyone. Did you know

carly loves Jason

and Jason loves her too?

Isn't it amazing? 

Personally, it does amaze me.

Probably one of the most unrealistic relationships that’s ever been written on GH. Jason and Sonny, especially, would have dropped her yearssss ago under competent writers. 🤡

• Love 4
(edited)

So Alexis has zero reaction to any of this stupid pledge shit?  I guess it's for the best. I like NLG as an actor most of the time but she's doing jack on this show these days. 

I know I won't luck out with Billy being gone...he's going to stay and work 5 times a month to do nothing and get paid more than anyone on this board.   Even so....Frank would just re cast Drew anyway, so why does it even matter?

But now the stupid Aurora plot is officially done I guess with Jax most likely buying it all eventually.  Then again Aurora was for Scam to have a "safe life" and she told Drew she was suffocated behind the desk. You never saw it again after that.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I liked Maxie's hair.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nina is working overtime in an attempt to take Carly's crown as Most Insufferable Character.

She did that day 2 she was on this show.

I can't Jax being back is the most amazing thing ever, but it's nice to have someone around who isn't a buffoon (sorry, Scotty) or a maniac not kiss Sonny's ass.

The only story I wanna see them play is Carly and Jason admit their love for one another

Won't happen, because Jason does not love Carly that way and Carly says it all the time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bucwild said:

Also the hypocrisy of Sonny holding Margaux's pledge in order to blackmail her is par for the course for GH.

I truly don't understand the logic of the writing on this.  

Shiloh has the pledge as leverage on Margaux = bad

Sonny/jason have the pledge as leverage on Margaux = good 

Huh?

Although I did have to chuckle at Shiloh telling Margaux that she'll take care of anything that comes up against him, because he doesn't realize that he no longer has Margaux' pledge as leverage.  

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

The flashdrive was in the envelope with the pledge.  Kristina had it in her hand and she burned it with the pledge.  According to Alexis, if there was a copy made of the flashdrive, that can't be used against Kristina.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bucwild said:

But that's totally stupid. Sonny already knew what Margaux had done. 

Also, how dumb is she that she doesn't recognize blackmail when she sees it? She's the DA, she went to law school, but she gives some rando new age guru who enjoys hearing the sound of his voice damaging information.

Good effin' grief.

• Love 6
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

But that's totally stupid. Sonny already knew what Margaux had done. 

Also, how dumb is she that she doesn't recognize blackmail when she sees it? She's the DA, she went to law school, but she gives some rando new age guru who enjoys hearing the sound of his voice damaging information.

Good effin' grief.

No one but Sonny, Jason, and Sam can see blackmail.

Shiloh the master manipulator couldn't tell Sam was playing him! I mean her performance was just so good! Even knowing she was a con in the past...didn't phase him.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sonny already knew what Margaux had done.

Did he know all of it though?  Jason said today that Margaux destroyed the proof that her mother was in cahoots with Scully to kill her father.  Did we know that part?  That the evidence was destroyed?  

4 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I haven't watched today's episode.  Has the issue of Sam being branded/tattooed been raised?  TIA.

No.  I am sure there will be some lame ass JaSam scene where Kelly and Steve attempt to act like they have chemistry as she sobs over it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hater said:

I haven't watched today's episode.  Has the issue of Sam being branded/tattooed been raised? 

Kristina asked if she went through with the whole initation and Sam said no, but didn't tell her anything about the tattoo.  

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh no please no! Hallmark movies are my mindless guilty pleasure, KeMo can't carry a romantic lead.

How about the Lifetime Murder Movie channel? Over Memorial Day weekend I saw a bunch of GH actors in murder movies, I wouldn't mind seeing her as a corpse in the first scene.

I saw Sonny, Sasha, Britt, Chloe, Kate/Connie, Kim/TB-Carly, and some others.

• LOL 5
(edited)

I guess the show is so hell bent on erasing from our memory that Sonny did in fact kill Margo's father that they just pretend that Margaux's confession of her mom being involved in her dad's murder would not implicate him at all, It's not like we have several instances of him confessing he did, or of Margaux/Sonny ending up in Mutually Assured Destruction terms knowing that what would implicate Sonny would also implicate Margaux's mom and vice versa. I guess we just have to forget about that too,

I have faith that when Sonny tries to get the upper hand, Margaux remembers him a few details and tells him to fuck off, and then doesthe right thing anyway. I think she will.

I don't and never have cared about Jason and Sam and they can go back to lead their pathetic existences, but if they ever try to gain the moral highground on anyone after being a ok with using information coerced by a rapist against the DA to use against her to keep a man guilty of murder out of jail, I will point and laugh. and laugh again.  

Nina and Willow need to die. Sasha is less of a waste of space then the other 2  

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1