Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I’ve been reading about Franco’s rape of Sam. Didn’t RH’s Franco announce that he never raped Sam? I suppose Sam would still be traumatized from believing she had been raped.

Well this latest story made it clear to me at least that Sam doesn't care about what Franco did to her since she so easily went along with degrading herself in the same exact way. She had maybe 1 scene prior to the event where she was "disgusted" by it all, when she was crying her non tears by the dumpster with Jason.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I'm certain they start a storyline with Jason saves the day, how do we get there?

That right there is the problem with this show.  They come up with a scenario that Jason can act "heroically" and then they write a story to get to that point.   I don't even think they have a storyline plotted out before they film it, or even air it.  Really horrible storytelling.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

He showed a video supposedly showing he didn't rape her, didn't he? But even so, Franco drugged her and then took her naked from the shower. It was a violation and the fact that they walked it back and made it a brain tumor was flat out disgusting.

Yep, that happened. He also had another video that "proved" he didn't facilitate Michael's prison rape but actually tried to protect him. It was, of course, a compelling and unique mode of redemption that was not at all offensive on multiple levels and in no way reeked of bullshit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

That right there is the problem with this show.  They come up with a scenario that Jason can act "heroically" and then they write a story to get to that point.   I don't even think they have a storyline plotted out before they film it, or even air it.  Really horrible storytelling.  

I'm still trying to figure out how they got Jason to be the hero of the Ryan story. There was no organic reason for Ryan to kidnap Carly except for her being a nosy busybody and if that were the only criteria Ryan could have taken Carly or killed her before Thanksgiving.

• Love 2

New episode tomorrow. I would have enjoyed a new episode today since I did all my partying on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I actually relaxed on Monday. Back to reality. May the Dawn of Day be with you. Sorry! I couldn’t resist. 

• LOL 2

Why they keep the characters of Jason, Franco, and the Corinthos crime family on a soap opera called 'General Hospital' with such a bloated cast remains a mystery.   ymmv.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Why they keep the characters of Jason, Franco, and the Corinthos crime family on a soap opera called 'General Hospital' with such a bloated cast remains a mystery.   ymmv.

but they show the hospital every year when the nurses ball comes up. <sarcasm>

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I’ve been reading about Franco’s rape of Sam. Didn’t RH’s Franco announce that he never raped Sam? I suppose Sam would still be traumatized from believing she had been raped.

He took her from the shower and spent some amount of time with her naked, unconscious (drugged) body. Sam became pregnant and the baby could have been conceived during the time in Hawaii, so part of the trauma (especially after Heather's intervention) was in thinking that Franco was Danny's biological father. After Sam got Danny back (he was kidnapped at birth and gone a while) and Jason "died," Sam found the real test results saying Jason was Danny's father. She announced that Jason was Danny's father at Edward's deathbed.

After that (I forget how long) Sam and a bunch of others got notified about meeting up. They hoped the mysterious message was from a not-dead Jason, but it was Franco. He presented 'proof' that when he blocked the video from Jason's sight, that he hadn't actually raped Sam - he just wanted to hurt Jason by making him think he had. The "I never hurt Sam, I was and am a totally innocent man" from then on along with Heather's attitude toward Sam about the awesomeness of Franco and the idea of him fathering a child was just......beyond disgusting. 

So the idea that Sam would be all "I'm a pro, I can handle being drugged knowing Shiloh's intentions, I'm not worried" after living through all of that - is appalling bad storytelling.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Hater said:

Well this latest story made it clear to me at least that Sam doesn't care about what Franco did to her since she so easily went along with degrading herself in the same exact way. .

wouldn't shock me if FV is going to use this to kickoff Frodd's 75645 redemption story...

• Love 1

This entire DoD storyline is absolutely repulsive and almost all parties involved are disgusting me (Willow, Alexis, and the doctor the only ones I don't currently hate in this storyline). So Sonny, Jason, and Sam have actual physical proof that Shiloh is a serial rapist. They are threatening to expose him unless he gives them that nitwit's pledge. But, if he gives the pledge, they are going to release him back into society? I hope Willow beats the crap out of Sam and Valerie and Chase make it their mission to send Jason and Sonny to prison where some harry man named Bubba makes them his girlfriends.  Knowing what Shiloh has done and agreeing to let him go as long as he gives them what he wants makes Sonny just as guilty of any future rapes as Shiloh in my eyes. Die in a fart, you nasty greasy man and take those other two brain dead morons with you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This entire DoD storyline is absolutely repulsive and almost all parties involved are disgusting me (Willow, Alexis, and the doctor the only ones I don't currently hate in this storyline). So Sonny, Jason, and Sam have actual physical proof that Shiloh is a serial rapist. They are threatening to expose him unless he gives them that nitwit's pledge. But, if he gives the pledge, they are going to release him back into society? I hope Willow beats the crap out of Sam and Valerie and Chase make it their mission to send Jason and Sonny to prison where some harry man named Bubba makes them his girlfriends.  Knowing what Shiloh has done and agreeing to let him go as long as he gives them what he wants makes Sonny just as guilty of any future rapes as Shiloh in my eyes. Die in a fart, you nasty greasy man and take those other two brain dead morons with you.

Oh, and now I see from the previews that Jason is telling Sonny he got him something to use as leverage against the DA. So, to review, totally uncool for Shiloh to get leverage from his nitwits. Totally cool for Sonny to get and use the same leverage AND totally cool to let a rapist go. Your hero of GH, ladies and gentlemen.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Look at Real Sam all smug that Sonny is a murderer! That’s our girl!

Yep she’s trash and Monaco still needs acting lessons. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh, and now I see from the previews that Jason is telling Sonny he got him something to use as leverage against the DA. So, to review, totally uncool for Shiloh to get leverage from his nitwits. Totally cool for Sonny to get and use the same leverage AND totally cool to let a rapist go. Your hero of GH, ladies and gentlemen.

WEll, to be fair, I think most criminals have a "do as I say, not as I do" mantra, and the general outlook of "it's OK if I do it, but if someone else does it, they're scum." 

(edited)

Monica and Jason both had scenes with Drew or talked to Drew today and neither of them felt the need to let Drew know that his ex-wife/friend/mother of his child was in the hospital recovering from being drugged and assaulted by a cult leader. I see you, Show.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

So Kim takes off for Mt. Kilimanjaro and leaves all the lights in her apartment blazing.   Okay.

That was my reaction, too.

The smart person today was Jordan for: "Why would Ryan give me his kidney?"  See, Curtis, your wife understands she/a patient does not have an automatic right to someone's kidney if they happen to be a match.

I liked the last Ava/Julian/Scott moment. 

Now, after Jason and Sam have been so desperate to get Kristina's pledge back, the first thing Jason does is find Margaux's pledge and tear it open to verify if all the envelopes are authentic?!

I assume that preview of Jason talking to Sonny about leverage against the D.A. is because he is telling him he now has Margaux's pledge? Asshat. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I assume that preview of Jason talking to Sonny about leverage against the D.A. is because he is telling him he now has Margaux's pledge? Asshat. 

It’s OK to be part of Sonny and Jason’s killing cult. Sam’s been a member since 2003 and she’s thriving as a member of society.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

It’s OK to be part of Sonny and Jason’s killing cult. Sam’s been a member since 2003 and she’s thriving as a member of society.

It’s why these characters need a long vacation. Shiloh blackmails it’s bad but Scam and her idiot boyfriend can and it’s perfectly fine. They’re such low lives. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That was my reaction, too.

The smart person today was Jordan for: "Why would Ryan give me his kidney?"  See, Curtis, your wife understands she/a patient does not have an automatic right to someone's kidney if they happen to be a match.

Now, after Jason and Sam have been so desperate to get Kristina's pledge back, the first thing Jason does is find Margaux's pledge and tear it open to verify if all the envelopes are authentic?!

The writers HAVE tio be trolling us, right? They can't think that we will cheer for the Asshole Alliance for doing almost exactly the same crap we are supposed to cheer against Shiloh for doing, can they? I hate everything about this storyline. I say release Ryan and let him let him kill them all. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

It’s why these characters need a long vacation. Shiloh blackmails it’s bad but Scam and her idiot boyfriend can and it’s perfectly fine. They’re such low lives. 

Hmm. Sonny and Jason invite you to be part of their “family.” They feed on your insecurities to make you believe that you need them. You, in turn, do whatever it takes to protect them. Then one day you decide, “Wait, this is weird.” Sonny and Jason use the shit you revealed about yourself to bury you. Then they either attempt to kill you or you die under suspicious circumstances. 

SOUNDS LIKE A CULT.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Katy M said:

WEll, to be fair, I think most criminals have a "do as I say, not as I do" mantra, and the general outlook of "it's OK if I do it, but if someone else does it, they're scum."

Yeah, but the problem is that the show itself endorses that view. We're genuinely expected to believe that it's totally fine for Sonny and Co. to murder and blackmail and pimp women out but to condemn all of that in other characters, especially if they're in conflict with our "heroes."

It's wrong for Shiloh to prey on young women, drugging and raping them and using their darkest secrets against them. But we're supposed to forget all about when Sonny preyed on a young woman, getting her hooked on drugs and manipulating her into his bed and stripping in his club, while using her secret of being sexually abused as a child against her.

• Love 17
(edited)

This would have been a good way to end this dumb storyline, but we have to double down with blackmail.

Usually, when something isn't working, you wrap it up. But in GH's world, when something isn't working, we keep at it. 

Please, enough with DoD, the serial rapist and the inmates running the asylum.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Loved, loved, loved all scenes with these three in.  Loved Ava's insistence that she would plead guilty because she was proud of  having stabbed Ryan to avenge Kiki.  And then the expression on her face when Julian pointed out that if Ryan lives and she's in jail, she can't finish the job.  Maura played that perfectly.   Also loved the giant smile on her face at the end when Scotty asked if she was going to play by the rules and she said yes.  After today, I'm seriously shipping Ava and Scotty.  

Why do I get the feeling either Drew/Kim will not return from Kilimangero (as in, they'll run away together) or theyll return and she'll be pregnant with Drew Junior.  Them closing the door to the apartment had a feeling of finality to it/them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Monica and Jason both had scenes with Drew or talked to Drew today and neither of them felt the need to let Drew know that his ex-wife/friend/mother of his child was in the hospital recovering from being drugged and assaulted by a cult leader. I see you, Show.

In Monica's defence, she did tell Jason that she didn't want to pile on more to Drew, since he's leaving to release Oscar's ashes.  It would have been worst if there had been no mention at all.  

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

. So Sonny, Jason, and Sam have actual physical proof that Shiloh is a serial rapist. They are threatening to expose him unless he gives them that nitwit's pledge. But, if he gives the pledge, they are going to release him back into society?

So Sam, a sexual assault victim, not only let herself be sexually assaulted again--FOR SONNY--but is perfectly fine with a sexual assaulter being allowed to roam free and rape again.  

This character is an insult.

• Love 14
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Sam, a sexual assault victim, not only let herself be sexually assaulted again--FOR SONNY--but is perfectly fine with a sexual assaulter being allowed to roam free and rape again.  

This character is an insult.

I'm sure there is some sort of scene where Jason and Scum talk about how they are "playing him again' and will lock him up with their evidence.

But it's clear they do not care he's a rapist. It's all about their inner circle of shit.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

Show: Shiloh is bad because he collects the secrets of DoD members to use as leverage!

Cut to the preview of tomorrow's episode showing Jason and Sonny discussing them using Margaux's pledge as leverage against her. Okay. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Hmm. Sonny and Jason invite you to be part of their “family.” They feed on your insecurities to make you believe that you need them. You, in turn, do whatever it takes to protect them. Then one day you decide, “Wait, this is weird.” Sonny and Jason use the shit you revealed about yourself to bury you. Then they either attempt to kill you or you die under suspicious circumstances. 

SOUNDS LIKE A CULT.

Ha, I was thinking the other day that the whole town is basically in thrall to Jason and Sonny. Although it's more like once someone voices a complaint against them the complainee somehow turns morally bankrupt.

Put me in at the "liked the Julian/Scotty/Ava scenes" table. Everything else was zz.

• Love 4

Today in General Hospital:

How delusional do you have to be to think that it's horrible that Shiloh is blackmailing vulnerable while also giving them hope of a better life, while admiring Our Heroes for stealing information to blackmail the DA while letting aforementioned serial blackmailer on the street to keep going?

How delusional do  you have to be as a writer to think people are going to buy this crap?

The minute Sonny and Jason read Kristina's pledge, I expect them to say "Sh!t, we did all that work for nothing!"

You know what I would find interesting in all this? Seeing Kristina try to repair her relationship with Alexis after skipping all the criminal stuff Sonny does to make her pledge about Alexis instead. So that will never happen. (I want Alexis' storyline to be about Neil and not endlessly about the exes she should stay away from. (And by that, I mean Sonny not just Julian.)

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Monica knows that Sam is so done with Drew now that Jason is back. Why cause Drew pain?

Maybe she was secretly hoping that Sam would die and she and Drew could raise Scout now.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

How can Jason know if it's authentic? He can recognize Kristina's writing but how would he know Margaux's? Stupid. Just so that Sonny can blackmail Margaux now and get away with more criminal stuff.

36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why do I get the feeling either Drew/Kim will not return from Kilimangero (as in, they'll run away together) or theyll return and she'll be pregnant with Drew Junior.  Them closing the door to the apartment had a feeling of finality to it/them.  

Yeah, when Drew told Jason to start on the treehouse himself, I really got the feeling that Billy isn't going to be back.

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He took her from the shower and spent some amount of time with her naked, unconscious (drugged) body. Sam became pregnant and the baby could have been conceived during the time in Hawaii, so part of the trauma (especially after Heather's intervention) was in thinking that Franco was Danny's biological father.

One of the things I find most repugnant about that storyline is that it was less about Sam's pain than about Jason's.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, when Drew told Jason to start on the treehouse himself, I really got the feeling that Billy isn't going to be back.

GH really drags its feet on announcing departures nowadays, but I think if today was their last episode it would have been said by now.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

GH really drags its feet on announcing departures nowadays, but I think if today was their last episode it would have been said by now.

Agreed.  I think he will have some episodes in June. After that?  Who knows?  I hope he leaves this toxic wasteland of a soap.  Not because I think he'll find better work but because I want Drew gone!

Edited by Hater
(edited)

Ok, I will be the devil's advocate and say while I absolutely agree Sason, well, SaSason are hypocrites to the higher degree, I'm not sure if I would compare them using the leverage vs Shilloh. It really dependswhat they use it for. 

Kudos to whoever specced about Margaux's pledge, I honestly did not think she was in that deep, though I still don't think she's part of the Trust or whatever. I'm guessing Sonny uses it to get her to prosecute?

Scava were supersweet today.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

Ok, I will be the devil's advocate and say while I absolutely agree Sason, well, SaSason are hypocrites to the higher degree, I'm not sure if I would compare them using the leverage vs Shilloh. It really dependswhat they use it for. 

Kudos to whoever specced about Margaux's pledge, I honestly did not think she was in that deep, though I still don't think she's part of the Trust or whatever. I'm guessing Sonny uses it to get her to prosecute?

Scava were supersweet today.

I don't think this is even about Margo.  

It's the pattern of this show doing things like this in regards to the foursome of trash.  It's about Scum/Jason mere seconds before bitching about Shiloh blackmailing people when they've done it their entire lives!

And Shiloh is the same trash Sonny is....both should be in jail, so trying to take him down when the likes of Sonny, Jason, and Franco are walking around scott free does zero for this viewer.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe she was secretly hoping that Sam would die and she and Drew could raise Scout now.

I'm at work so I haven't watched yet, but this absolutely cracked me up. I burst out laughing at my desk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm at work so I haven't watched yet, but this absolutely cracked me up. I burst out laughing at my desk.

Sam should not have kids.  At all.

I think it's hysterical that they wrote Shiloh to have no clue that Sam was conning him?  I mean with how bad Monaco acted it out...this show is ridiculous.

• Love 9

So, can donor kidney not come from cadavers? Are they only available from living donors? Because this whole omg-I-just-hope-Ryan-survives just seems a little far-fetched to me.  (Maybe I'm wrong and kidneys must come from living donors. I have about as much medical experience as the writers.)

Why didn't Shiloh think of shoving all those papers off of the table before putting Sam on it? They were still on the table when Jason and Sam returned to look for the pledges.  Yuck.

• Love 1

There have been a lot of mountain climbing deaths this season... just saying. Also, how do they not know you have to do a lot of preparation and training to climb a 20,000 ft. mountain. Maybe they will just scatter Oscar at the base and head to the gift shop to buy a key chain.    

I guess between attempted rapings Shiloh had time to fold all the pledges, put them in envelopes, and seal them with fucking sealing wax. Cuz they were just sheets of paper last time we saw them.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

So, can donor kidney not come from cadavers? Are they only available from living donors?

living or recently died as in : they are in the hospital and the transplant team is ready to take the organ. It is actually not standard what the definition of dead is and when they can start taking organs out, differs in different places.  Not that this show ever portrays organ donation as how it actually happens

ETA: The stupid thing was when Jason and Sam found the pledges they were like "how do we know these are real", well lets just open some random one and look at some strangers secret.  Yup that looks real, now lets see if we can find Kristina's. or here it is , 3rd one down. Why didn't they just look to find Kristina's in the first place, why open a random one??

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I guess between attempted rapings Shiloh had time to fold all the pledges, put them in envelopes, and seal them with fucking sealing wax.

I know! Do you think he warmed the wax over the flickering flame of a candle? Maybe he has a seal with the DoD monogram on it. He's such a tool. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

There have been a lot of mountain climbing deaths this season... just saying. Also, how do they not know you have to do a lot of preparation and training to climb a 20,000 ft. mountain. Maybe they will just scatter Oscar at the base and head to the gift shop to buy a key chain.    

I guess between attempted rapings Shiloh had time to fold all the pledges, put them in envelopes, and seal them with fucking sealing wax. Cuz they were just sheets of paper last time we saw them.   

LoL...Harmony did it.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

Why didn’t they take all the pledges?!

Because they don’t care about other women? The only priority is protecting Sonny’s mob cult secrets.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Look at Real Sam all smug that Sonny is a murderer! That’s our girl!

So sad to see the regression that is Sam McCall.  She went from wanting Jason and her children away from the mob to ditching her kids and settling for #12 on Jason’s priority list behind Carly, Michael, Sonny, his gun, Spinelli, Jocelyn, black t-shirts, the gym, his motorcycle, a punching bag, and hair gel.  Oh well, at least she’s not as low as #14 and #15 that’s Danny and Jake.

Who?

• Love 12

This whole volunteering for rape/sexual assault finally reminded me of Season 1 of 24. Teri Bauer, Jack's wife, was kidnapped along with their teenage daughter, Kim. One of the kidnappers was going to rape Kim, but Teri said she wouldn't fight him. So she submitted to having sex with him in order to protect Kim. I don't know if this was the kind of thing they were going for on GH, but it drastically backfired. And it wasn't the same thing anyway, since it was on the spur of the moment mother protecting her daughter vs. a planned out con/sting by a sexual assault survivor.

I really don't see the point of Drew (although I like looking at Billy Miller) or Kim on this canvas.

Curtis really needs to be freed from Jordan.

I liked seeing so much Monica today.

Julian/Ava/Scotty scenes should be a regular once a week thing.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

One of the things I find most repugnant about that storyline is that it was less about Sam's pain than about Jason's.

Well, duh. Jason is the one who was really affected by it. He had to sit by and watch it all unfold.

Not that I'm at all surprised, but it's so disappointing Shiloh had no idea whatsoever that Sam was conning him.

Can Kim please stop calling Julian "Charlie" when she's being serious? (I'd like it to stop altogether, but I'm trying to be reasonable.)

Why is Curtis telling Jordan what happened, instead of her doctor(s)? I guess GH is that short on staff these days. Heh.

7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Julian/Ava/Scotty scenes should be a regular once a week thing.

I wished Kin played Scott with less bluster. He's really leaned into that for a long time, and I don't think it works in every situation.

I really did not need to see Shiloh unbuttoning his shirt and going for his pants yet again. Gross, GH.

• Love 2