Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wasn't paying super close attention: Was that a consent form or was it a repeat of her signing a written copy of her sekrit? If it was a consent form, what was she consenting to? No one would tell her anything about the ceremony. Or was it a generic "won't hold anyone responsible for injury, death, etc." type thing?

If they really wanted to be sure Jason would have a clean getaway, Sonny should have been there so he could dimple the women into submission.

I got the impression it was the generic "won't hold anyone responsible for injury, death, etc." type thing. That said, I'm not a soap opera lawyer and don't know anything. I'll leave that to Scotty & Diane. LOL!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I paused it when Kristina was signing.,it was definitely her confession transposed. It was about her mom (because of course she works never give up anything on herself or her mobster daddy) getting away with murder.🙄

So she threw Alexis under the bus?! Well, she always does blame EVERYTHING on her mother.

• Love 3

I wish Krissy knew all about the gun and what's his face, the D.A.'s dad being killed by Sonny.  All these months of Sonny quaking in his boots about Mike, and Krissy would get to be the blabbermouth that takes him down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

But Margaux's mom had an affair, which apparently is a mitigating factor. The stupid reasoning Margaux used to not charge Sonny will always exasperate me. TFGH, I know, but wow, at least make the reason somewhat tolerable. They might as well have said Sonny's dimples made her (not) do it.

• Love 2

Does EH have a contract? If so, she doesn't get any air time. She is another under developed character that isn't needed. She doesn't even have a guy who wants to date her. LOL!!!

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But Margaux's mom had an affair, which apparently is a mitigating factor.

That's why Margaux is not pressing charges, but what if Shiloh went public with the info?

eta.  I wonder if Margaux has the tattoo and what secret she gave up?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1

Why is Shiloh suddenly so stupid? Kristina suddenly went missing at the same Sam called him, and he can't put the clues together?

"By the way, I read your book. It's derivative and some parts are actually plagiarized." At least it's not a collection of quotes from other people like a certain book about women is.

Kristina mad is the most I've liked her since the Ethan days. Why isn't Neal being there involving him in a federal crime? She's an adult and she was kidnapped.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

That being said, they really eliminated any dramatic stakes by removing Shiloh from the house, so that the only obstacles to professional hit man Jason is a house full of malleable women. Hardly a nail-biter.

It's a Jason story. This show could be so much better if the endings weren't predetermined even before the story starts.

Even with the kidnapping, it looks like Sonny screwed up right now but I can be sure that by the end of the arc, everyone including Kristina and Alexis will be saying he and Jason are a saints for what they did.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wish Krissy knew all about the gun and what's his face, the D.A.'s dad being killed by Sonny.  All these months of Sonny quaking in his boots about Mike, and Krissy would get to be the blabbermouth that takes him down.

That would be so awesome. But while it's the logical thing that Kristina's sekrit would be about her father "the most powerful crime boss on the eastern seaboard who controls the entire city of Port Charles" according to Michael today and his mob, her brother and his ill-doings or Jason, it's got to be about Alexis because the men in the Corinthos mob can't be touched.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Jason put the cup in his jacket pocket.

15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why did Jason throw away the cup

Jason has the cup.  He was looking at it today because it had that stupid tattoo thingy on the bottom.  And Harmony got her panties in a bunch because she couldn't find it and Shiloh told her to look again.  

Kudos to Lexi Ainsworth because that was some spot on bitching today.  Had to laugh when she started in on Jason because you know he's thinking he doesn't get paid enough for that screeching!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sam no where in this Oscar story but Benard gets his obligatory 'nice guy' routine.  There was no point in Sonny being there at all.  

Monica was the best part for me today.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Even with the kidnapping, it looks like Sonny screwed up right now but I can be sure that by the end of the arc, everyone including Kristina and Alexis will be saying he and Jason are a saints for what they did.

Its pretty bad that I am actually cheering for the cult!!  I like the Michael and Chase and Willow working to get her out of the cult, this part of the story is OK,.  Alexis can join up with them, but Sonny, Jason, and Sam are such horrible people, Krissy is better off in a cult

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Its pretty bad that I am actually cheering for the cult!!  I like the Michael and Chase and Willow working to get her out of the cult, this part of the story is OK,.  Alexis can join up with them, but Sonny, Jason, and Sam are such horrible people, Krissy is better off in a cult

Agreed.  Sonny, Jason, and Sam are all criminals who have taken advantage of people whether by physical abuse, emotional abuse....it's the Cult of Jason and Sonny that everyone bows down to, so I don't know why I should be rooting against Shiloh when his "enemies" are just as bad. 

Michael, Chase, and Willow would have been better to play the opposition to Shiloh, not the three shitheads.  Heck throw Molly in there. Michael should have rescued Kristina and I bet Duell could have actually carried Lexi out of the damn room without having to kick her in the ass and stumbling around like a moron.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6

So not only are we supposed to believe that Shiloh is stupid enough to fall for Sam’s drunk act, we’re also supposed to believe that he is too stupid to check the camera in the living room to see if it recorded Kristina leaving. Stupid show. 

I can’t believe Kristina is the first person to be kidnapped out of Dawn of Day. Don’t most cult leaders train their followers to fear kidnapping and deprogramming?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sam showing up at Dawn of Day HQ after Kristina was snatched should have been confirmation that Sam was involved. What a rookie move: You never return to the scene of the crime!

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

I like the Michael and Chase and Willow working to get her out of the cult

Same here, but Michael was awfully cavalier about volunteering Willow as bait. I liked that Chase asked her if it was okay to talk about Dawn of Day and Shiloh.

I thought TB did a nice job with Kim telling Oscar he was dying. All of that was nicely written. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought TB did a nice job with Kim telling Oscar he was dying. All of that was nicely written. 

...doesn't he know that?  Or is he (finally) actively dying?

• Love 1

HP had come such a long way. She was so good letting Shiloh have it and telling him the book is full of errors & plagiarized. It’s so Molly. It’s too bad she doesn’t have a real boyfriend and storyline. She’s stuck with nuTJ who isn’t even shown and she has no chemistry with. In fact, she should be getting the storylines that Joss gets.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

...doesn't he know that?  Or is he (finally) actively dying?

Oscar is now actively dying. His days are numbered. The curtain is coming down. He's buying the farm. He's kicking the bucket.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, ciarra said:

"If she goes back, you'll never see her again!"

Please take lemonface back to the cult.

She really just does have the most unfortunate sour expression all the time. 

I liked that Monica was holding it together so well in front of Kim and then just totally broke down later with Drew.  She really is the gold medal ~winner in loss on this show.

• Love 3

The really, really sad thing about GH is that Chase is the only male character who seems to like and respect the woman he's with. (Mac & Kevin excluded).

I appreciate that he's protective but still respectful of Willow's feelings, privacy, and agency. The more I see of Chase, the more I like him-- he's just a good guy. Sadly that is the exception on this show.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

"If she goes back, you'll never see her again!"

Please take lemonface back to the cult.

And instead of the butt tattoo, have them ligate her vocal cords, just in case. 

The shame is that some of the material is actually killer. I would have loved to see a good young soap actress in those scenes at the safe house. "Is everyone invited to this kidnapping?" But Kristina is so unremittingly unpleasant that it just seems like a louder version of her usual mode. 

Molly: "Well, I'm not knocking back the punch." I got it, but it's a weird line. I wonder if "I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid" was the original version, and then they found out they couldn't say it on the air because the Kool-Aid mascot would burst through their cheap sets, yell "Oh yeah!" and demand payment. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

The shame is that some of the material is actually killer. I would have loved to see a good young soap actress in those scenes at the safe house. "Is everyone invited to this kidnapping?" But Kristina is so unremittingly unpleasant that it just seems like a louder version of her usual mode. 

I also think that using a 26-year-old (or whatever Kristina is supposed to be) kind of dilutes the story. Because she was kidnapped and she is being held against her will. Those are crimes.

I wish Jason had told her she'd been drugged. Why has no one mentioned that yet? It wouldn't change Kristina's mind in the short term, but it might have started to plant those seeds of doubt that Neil the doctor was talking about.

Ugh, whatever. This story is going to end badly, as all stories on TFGH do.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Hater said:

Monica was the best part for me today.

Yup, first being the professional doctor calmly giving Joss (and Carly) the sad news and then crying with Drew on the bench ... most heartbreaking scene in this storyline so far IMO.  I really felt for Drew and Monica.

The weird thing about this moment though is that it seems like Kim doesn't have any family or friends who are family that she's calling? She doesn't have a living parent, sibling, or long-time friend who's an "aunt" or "uncle" to Oscar, who would be rushing to see him one last time?

I do enjoy the irony that after Carly fought so hard to try to keep Michael away from the Q mansion, Michael now lives there and has a relationship with grandma Monica, and Josslyn intends to spend her time there because she's in love with Jason's other brother's dying son. 

I am hopeful that Carly talking about Jax re: the book to Joss means Jax will show up soon to be there for his daughter, and we'll see some good Jax-Alexis and Jax-Ned scenes. 

54 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I also think that using a 26-year-old (or whatever Kristina is supposed to be) kind of dilutes the story.

Why?

Of course the main problem with this story is the writing, where it was obvious way too soon that Shiloh is a terrible person who must be stopped.

That being said: Kristina is an adult with agency. And even though she'd always kind of floundered around, she still had a very strong support system. Sam allowed her to live with her. Michael loaned her money. Her family didn't cut her off financially or throw her out into the streets. If she'd been a teenager with no other options except Dawn of Day, I think the story would have been stronger. I'm not arguing that people of all ages don't get sucked into a cult, but the way it happened with Kristina was all wrong, IMO. I wish we'd seen her be more visibly unhappy. (Again due to the writing, of course.)

The full horror of what was happening shouldn't have dawned (heh) on anyone until the very last minute. It just shows how stories have to be contrived so that Sonny and Jason can never be wrong. Everyone should have been thrilled that Kristina seemed happy and taking charge of her life until, say, Willow finally gets through to Michael how terrible the cult is. (He doesn't want to believe her because he sees how happy Kristina is.)

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That being said: Kristina is an adult with agency. And even though she'd always kind of floundered around, she still had a very strong support system. Sam allowed her to live with her. Michael loaned her money. Her family didn't cut her off financially or throw her out into the streets. If she'd been a teenager with no other options except Dawn of Day, I think the story would have been stronger. I'm not arguing that people of all ages don't get sucked into a cult, but the way it happened with Kristina was all wrong, IMO. I wish we'd seen her be more visibly unhappy. (Again due to the writing, of course.)

Actually, now that you mention it a cult would have been a great story with any of the Corrinthos kids when they were teenagers and had one of them get very disillousioned with what Sonny does for a living.    I think we could have really felt for someone who was morally repulsed by Sonny but still loved him because he was his/her father, but then kind of gets seduced by a cult promising goodness and light.  Reinforcing the teen's disdain for murder and coffee importing and then finds out that not is all it seems and has to decide if it's worth trying to go to Sonny for help when that's exactly what he/she was trying to get away from.

• Love 3

I get Elizabeth Hendrickson doesn't get to do much but maybe she could have took down the sneer on her face when the verdict was decided down about 5 notches. 

• Love 2

With all the talk of "is/could Ryan still be alive?" and then Valentin coming upon Spencer alone in the hospital, my thought was "Hey Ryan, could you make yourself useful and kidnap this annoying brat? It's the least you can do after you failed to get rid of Carly."

• Love 1

As happy as it makes me that Monica will have Oscar staying at her place with Kim, and even that Joss is free to visit any time, the idea that Carly now has carte blanche to go in and out with Joss as she pleases.

17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I really hate seeing Monica losing yet another child/grandchild.  She has 5 children and three of them have been murdered. 

I'd put it that a fourth has died. He's still walking around but to all intents and purposes, as a son Jason is gone too.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish Jason had told her she'd been drugged. Why has no one mentioned that yet? It wouldn't change Kristina's mind in the short term, but it might have started to plant those seeds of doubt that Neil the doctor was talking about.

That would require more subtlety and more IQ than Sonny and Jason apparently have. I'm mildly interested in  whether Neil can get them to listen.

• Love 3

Yeah, it just might give Kristina something to ponder if they told her she’d been drugged and then had the vessel tested to find out what she’d been given. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I guess at some time on some other show Elizabeth Hendrickson was considered an ok actress but boy, does she stink on this show. 

She must be desperate. What a shitty role.

• Love 1

People on an other site want Jason to abandon DOD and spend time with Oscar as if spending time with a nephew is high on Jason's priority list/ Remember, he would not go out of his way to spend time with danny and Jake

Edited by Lillybee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I get Elizabeth Hendrickson doesn't get to do much but maybe she could have took down the sneer on her face when the verdict was decided down about 5 notches. 

Margaux is always such a pill. The writing for her is so unpleasant all the time.

Why do they insist on writing Laura as if she has absolutely no control over Spencer? She's his guardian and controls the purse strings. There's no way he could book travel plans. He's a minor, FFS. GAH.

Oh, and I'm totally #TeamValentinCallstheFBI and drops the dime on Spencer's election fraud.

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

the idea that Carly now has carte blanche to go in and out

Doors have never stopped Carly before; why would they now? Ha.

ANNA. YOU RAISED ROBIN. YOU ARE HER MOTHER. I can't deal with this galactic idiocy. 

I cracked up at the stomping hug Nina and Maxie shared. I'm kind of glad I don't have to watch MSt's Nina find out the truth about Sasha.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ANNA. YOU RAISED ROBIN. YOU ARE HER MOTHER. I can't deal with this galactic idiocy. 

Gosh, yes.  That is such a pet peeve with me on TV shows.  (I don't actually know anybody in real life that it's happened, too)  Here's a "kid" that's at least 16, maybe even an adult, and all of the sudden we find out that the DNA of the kid is not the same as the parents. So, of course, they suddenly don't know who they are. They were raised by strangers.  Blah blah blah.  Your parents are the people that raised and loved you.  It does not make you a different person just because you suddenly realized you have brown eyes and both your parents have blue.  Get over itIII  

I promise if I do actually find people like this in real life, I will try to be slightly more supportive than Get over it with 3 excamation points.  I will only use a period.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Robert to Anna: "Don't rewrite history and trash the most important thing in my life"

Me:  Yeah show, you better not change Robin's parentage.  

I don't know why they are doing this fake-out.  We're getting this retcon of a retcon because the show opened their eyes and saw how much fans hated Anna having slept with Faison/had his horrible son.  So why even tease, hint for a second, the possibility that Robin's parentage is the one who's changing, why rile up fans in the midst of trying to appease them?

• Love 8

Exactly how old is Robin supposed to be?  30?  (I remember her first appearing on the show, but damned if I can remember when that was.) Let's say she's 30.  If Alex gave birth to her and the memories were planted in Anna, does Anna believe this implantation happened...when?  25 years ago? 

So what the heck has Dr. Whatshisname been doing between implanting the memory way back then, and then implanting Jason's memories in Drew 5-6 years ago?  Just sitting in a chair twiddling his thumbs?  That makes no friggin' sense at all.

And I can't believe I'm arguing timelines about memory transfers. Ffs.

If Kevin had told the police that Ryan was alive, wouldn't Ryan have been exactly where Kevin stashed him? In the mental institute for the criminally insane?  So what would have been different?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Exactly how old is Robin supposed to be?  30?  (I remember her first appearing on the show, but damned if I can remember when that was.) Let's say she's 30.  If Alex gave birth to her and the memories were planted in Anna, does Anna believe this implantation happened...when?  25 years ago? 

She first showed up in 1986 at the age of 6, which would make her 40ish.

• Love 2