Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Heh! Awesome Gif. Why does Britt look so cheery? I don't remember that scene.

If I am not mistaken and I very well could be, that was during that god awful affair which was the Nurses' Ball where Britt played Brad's cheerleader during his singing attempt. I remember only because I tuned to see if Brad might sing to Lucas and I was hoping it'd be "Please Forgive Me" from Bryan Adams, sadly it was not to be.

Wet spot, hell, Mikey's gonna have to either douse the entire joint with Clorox or just burn the building to the ground, then salt the earth and start over somewhere else.

My one stipulation would be that they must, repeat must, be inside the building during the torching. Watching what little of them I could stomach, they are just...unholy, I feel as if I need to go to Mass or something whenever I watch them. I admit I used to love to hate them, especially when paired together but at this point it's just uncomfortable to watch them, the characters are just too dreadful now.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Watching what little of them I could stomach, they are just...unholy, I feel as if I need to go to Mass or something whenever I watch them. I admit I used to love to hate them, especially when paired together but at this point it's just uncomfortable to watch them, the characters are just too dreadful now.

And it's why I always snort when Carly's few(?) fans say she would never be involved with Franco, because even objectively she's always been....not classy. She isn't just the Do That Girl, Willow Rosenberg. she invented Do That.

@tvgoddess

Ninthing that this show could get past the FCC could be grosser than crypt!sex, but yesterday came pretty darn close.  This morning I realized that not only did Sonny & Carry have sex in their son's apartment, on the same couch and using the same blanket that said son and girlfriend had sex, but that the first sex happened the same day in Port Charles time so that blanket definitely was not cleaned between.  

And someone else pointed out that Morgan & Kiki had sex on the same couch last summer.  That couch and blanket both need to be burned and the ashes stored at the same place nuclear waste is.  

And then the incinerator where they are burned needs to be bulldozed and the site declared contaminated.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I DO like NIna and Franco together.  I think they work, and they have chemistry.  It helps also that neither character have history with each other, and so it's a clean slate.  I can get into those two, I think.  Cranco is officially dead.  YEAH!!

I like them too. Nina doesn't seem all wacky craze-balls with Franco, it's a calm energy/chemistry in their scenes. They ( both actors and their characters) seem sincere with each other. 

But it's a problem because this is all Liz is now, fickle. She loves Nik until she loves Ric until she loves Lucky until she loves Jason and repeat pattern 'til head explodes.

Liz must be exhausted from all her relationships. I know I'm tired of it. Stay alone Liz. You have bad taste, timing, and luck. 

(I always wonder if BH gets her scripts and it all "I love this guy again?!?WTF???")

Wet spot, hell, Mikey's gonna have to either douse the entire joint with Clorox or just burn the building to the ground, then salt the earth and start over somewhere else.

They need a scene where Michael comes home, sits on the couch, gets a feeling like something bad happened/shudders and gets the hell off of the couch. 

• Love 9

Heh! Awesome Gif. Why does Britt look so cheery? I don't remember that scene.

As CPP33 said, it's from the Nurses' Ball when Britt hilariously showed her support for buddy Brad during his song with enthusiastic bopping and thumbs up.

• Love 1

We know he has been, you mean. :-D

Haha, yes! :)  Let's just say I meant that they had a rendezvous set for that day. ;) 

By the way, no wonder Anna doesn't mind Lucy hanging all over Duke. In my mind, she's all, "Yes, please take him off my hands for me. I can only ignore him for two/three months at a time, but then he keeps turning up, randomly and without purpose."

• Love 8

By the way, no wonder Anna doesn't mind Lucy hanging all over Duke. In my mind, she's all, "Yes, please take him off my hands for me. I can only ignore him for two/three months at a time, but then he keeps turning up, randomly and without purpose."

"… and I'm way too tired after being debriefed by Nathan and Dante at work all day to even care about getting him out of his briefs when I get home."

• Love 9

I agree, but as long as Robin is being held hostage and Patty doesn't know, how can the character truly move on with someone else? There will always be that unknown secret just lingering there to the viewers. And for me, I'm mad that the writers ruined a chance for ME to like Patrick with Sam because my main problem is the Robin factor. All they had to do was let Robin be free. SMH.

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.  It is screwing up Patrick's character for exactly the reason you state.  KMc either needs to return to GH or leave permanently.  She can't keep going back and forth because her character doesn't catch any hell for it.  It all gets dumped on Patrick.

Elizabeth is correct in that she and Jason never got a chance in that they were never really, officially "together." 

I don't agree at all.  They had plenty of chances to be together, and it never worked out.  Liz always found a reason to not be with him and/or Jason had eventually met and fallen in love with Sam, and he wasn't interested in being with Liz.  This last time around pounded that fact home for sure when Elizabeth basically told him she wanted him, and he only wanted Sam.  

You summed it up perfectly. I couldn't care less if Patrick moves on. But the way it's being written is hard to swallow in context to the entire story. The mother of his child just told him she's NEVER COMING HOME. And the only thing on his mind are his feelings for Sam? I just can't be a cheerleader for this, no matter how hard I try.

So how is Robin telling Patrick that she's never coming home Patrick's fault?  I don't get this.  As far as Patrick is concerned, Robin DUMPED him.  He thinks she doesn't want him at all and so she left.  This is what I mean.  How are Robin's actions and choices Patrick's fault?  Is he suppose to be in limbo for months until KMc decides to return again?  

• Love 2

I think she's just acting like a compassionate nurse. For now. If that changes I'll eat crow.

I agree with this, but based on Liz's history and the anvils, Liz will want Jason again. 

I don't see Liz as any more fickle than the rest of these characters but that's not to say she isn't.

You're right, all the characters are fickle. I freely admit my problems with Liz are probably hypocritical. And honestly probably shallow. I just can't stand how BH plays Liz sometimes. Sometimes I really enjoy her and other times I roll my eyes so hard at her acting. 

So how is Robin telling Patrick that she's never coming home Patrick's fault?  I don't get this.  As far as Patrick is concerned, Robin DUMPED him.  He thinks she doesn't want him at all and so she left.  This is what I mean.  How are Robin's actions and choices Patrick's fault?  Is he suppose to be in limbo for months until KMc decides to return again?

I think a lot of people think (rightfully IMO) that Patrick ought to see/get that Robin is being held hostage. It's painfully obvious and he, as someone who supposedly loves Robin, should see it. The same could be said for Anna too of course. 

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.  It is screwing up Patrick's character for exactly the reason you state.  KMc either needs to return to GH or leave permanently. 

This I agree with. This whole thing could've been avoided if RC/FV/TPTB were better at their jobs.

This is off topic of the rest of this post, but why won't anyone let Maxie take responsibility for what an idiot she often is? Lulu, Nathan, Mac, Felicia are all always being all "no, no, sweetie, don't blame yourself" every time Maxie finally seems to get she has made a lot of mistakes. Let her take responsibility for them, dammit! It drives me nuts.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.  It is screwing up Patrick's character for exactly the reason you state.  KMc either needs to return to GH or leave permanently.  She can't keep going back and forth because her character doesn't catch any hell for it.  It all gets dumped on Patrick.

I completely agree.  The back-and-forth with Robin, and the way they've written the story (insanely), means that Patrick has to react in some pretty wacky ways to try to make the story work.  He is one of their "leading men" and so Soap Laws dictate that he can't not be involved in some sort of flirting/ dating/ relationship, but we all know The Love of His Life is alive and out there being held hostage, wishing she could be home, but she is also most definitely NOT coming home long-term.  So, story-wise, he has to *not* figure out what's really going on with Robin, because it's not like he can go rescue her and bring her back.  And he needs to move on with someone else, which makes him seem extra-douchey.  Same with Anna, really - Anna seems dumb and uninterested by just accepting that Robin decided to leave the country after being at the clinic for so long.  I'm not wishing Robin or dead or anything, but they do need to figure out a way for her to want to end the relationship with Patrick and maintain an off-screen relationship with Emma and Anna, just so everyone can move on without the torturing of their characters.  

I have no words for Sonny and Carly.  Well, yes I do: Gross.  But as disgusting as they are, I'm kind of glad it's happening if it means we are going to get Pissed! Michael and Crazier, Revengier! Franco.  I really want everything to blow up in Sonny and Carly's face and for them to be totally miserable and to disappear for a while. A long while.  I just wish the actors sold the "undeniable attraction" better - I don't see any chemistry between them.  

• Love 4

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.  It is screwing up Patrick's character for exactly the reason you state.  KMc either needs to return to GH or leave permanently.  She can't keep going back and forth because her character doesn't catch any hell for it.  It all gets dumped on Patrick.

Actually no it isn't Robin's fault Patrick is a douchecannon. Robin could still come back time to time and Patrick not look like a dick. Just b/c Robin only comes back occasionally doesn't really have to BE about Patrick at all, in fact as I've seen her none of her current appearances are about Patrick. Patrick could be shown in a few scenes morning with Emma and maybe going out with Liz as friends having fun THEN in a month or so start hanging with Sam and over 2-3 months grow closer. THAT would make him normal. Then Robin could come back occasionally and see Emma, talk with her mother and leave again. When Emma is off screen for weeks she could be visiting her mom off screen. Having Robin come back occasionally isn't the problem. The problem is trying to preserve Scrubs as an epic love, but since one half is off screen and heaven forbid the other half not get sexy time. THAT is what makes Patrick look like a douchecannon. Ron can't preserve scrubs yet have Patick move on again and again. It defeats the purpose of making scrubs "epic" if Patrick keeps acting this way. Better make a clean break and then if Robin ever came back full time the could come back together "epicly"

• Love 6
(I always wonder if BH gets her scripts and it all "I love this guy again?!?WTF???")

She probably doesn't memorize lines at this point, since they're such a repeat of past stories.

why won't anyone let Maxie take responsibility for what an idiot she often is? Lulu, Nathan, Mac, Felicia are all always being all "no, no, sweetie, don't blame yourself" every time Maxie finally seems to get she has made a lot of mistakes. Let her take responsibility for them, dammit! It drives me nuts.

I know. It's not Maxie's fault Levi turned out to be a creep, but it is her fault that she immediately jumped into a relationship with him. People don't have to be all "neener-neener" about it, but someone could gently point out that Maxie does have a habit of going all in just because someone tells her not to. Or "Yeah, that was a bad choice. Why do you think you did that?" You can be supportive of someone and not whitewash their behavior.

I don't really like the Nina/Franco friendship, mostly because Nina is such a cheerleader for Carly and Franco to work out. She barely knows Franco, and she doesn't know Carly at all. Yet she's all gung-ho for Franco to trust Carly? Nina should be encouraging Franco to trust his SERIAL KILLER gut. After all, she saw Carly and Sonny kiss. Is it really such a stretch to think more might be going on?

Nina is a gigantic bore. What is her point? She's not playing spoiler for anyone, and being the SERIAL KILLER's friend isn't establishing her as someone with any brains.

• Love 4

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.  It is screwing up Patrick's character for exactly the reason you state.  KMc either needs to return to GH or leave permanently.  She can't keep going back and forth because her character doesn't catch any hell for it.  It all gets dumped on Patrick.

IA with all your points on Robin/Patrick.

I'm so sick of all this back and forth with Robin. Im glad scrubs are getting divorced JT shouldn't have to be shackled to Robin when she isnt even on screen. 

I also dont get how he is being made to look bad. Since Kim isnt coming back soon they cant have Patrick figure out whats really going on. He cant stay in limbo forever. Its a soap of course he is going to move on.

• Love 2

KMc needs to shit or get off the pot.

IMO, she either has time for this role or she doesn't. Her film school/ director thing she's got going on should have clued her into the fact that it's hard to tell an interesting, coherent story when your lead can't commit the time it takes for the role. 

These umpteen kidnappings are bullshit story telling. Many of you here have come up with better plots and breakdowns for keeping Robin off the canvas for long stretches of time. 

• Love 3

The problem is trying to preserve Scrubs as an epic love, but since one half is off screen and heaven forbid the other half not get sexy time. THAT is what makes Patrick look like a douchecannon. Ron can't preserve scrubs yet have Patick move on again and again. It defeats the purpose of making scrubs "epic" if Patrick keeps acting this way. Better make a clean break and then if Robin ever came back full time the could come back together "epicly"

Yep. That's the problem. Patrick will never be "free" from Robin as some believe. Why? Because Ron is greedy. He wants to keep Scrubs viable while also allowing for Patrick to get some on the side. But for many viewers like myself, it doesn't work under "hostage" circumstances. There's nothing appealing to me watching a character who has been taken away from her family (for the 2nd time) while her husband screws someone else. Is that romance? Is that love? Shouldn't the husband be instrumental in saving his wife?

You could say this is KMc's fault for not signing up full-time, but she has nothing to do with how the story is written. Scrubs could get a divorce normally and call it a day. But that's not what Ron wanted to do. So Patty will continue to look like a douche who doesn't question why the supposed "love of his life" is never coming back.

And it's not anything being Patty's "fault." It's the fact that he has to be written as clueless, selfish, stupid, hypocritical, etc, for Ronald's brainchild to work.

• Love 6

IMO, she either has time for this role or she doesn't. Her film school/ director thing she's got going on should have clued her into the fact that it's hard to tell an interesting, coherent story when your lead can't commit the time it takes for the role. 

KMc isn't a writer, director, or producer of this show.  She's told them her availability, and if they can't make a good story out of that, they are free to decide not to use her.  Actors are just people.  They have bills to pay, too.  If GH is willing to pay KMc to show up a few times a year for a few episodes, I don't fault her for taking them up on the offer.  She's not in charge of the gawdawful stories being written around her absences.

KMc may be in film/directing school, but one would hope that the writers of this show would have already graduated from it.  Moreover, they're the ones getting paid to perform that particular function on this show. 

• Love 18

KMc isn't a writer, director, or producer of this show. She's told them her availability, and if they can't make a good story out of that, they are free to decide not to use her. Actors are just people. They have bills to pay, too. If GH is willing to pay KMc to show up a few times a year for a few episodes, I don't fault her for taking them up on the offer. She's not in charge of the gawdawful stories being written around her absences.

Exactly. I don't understand the KMc blame game. She doesn't write the show. The storytelling is on Ron and Co. And if they don't want her showing up sporadically because it doesn't work for their story, that's their choice to stop it. KMc has been on the show on and off for nearly 30 years. If she feels like she wants to come back whenever and Cartini allow it, she has the right to do it as much as anyone else.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I don't agree at all.  They had plenty of chances to be together, and it never worked out.  Liz always found a reason to not be with him and/or Jason had eventually met and fallen in love with Sam, and he wasn't interested in being with Liz.  This last time around pounded that fact home for sure when Elizabeth basically told him she wanted him, and he only wanted Sam.  

I agree that this last time Jason made it clear he wasn't interested in a relationship with Liz. From what I remember (other than the time TPTB inexplicably decided Jason should be with Sonny's blond sister instead of Liz-blech!), the times in her adult life when she has walked away from Jason were because she felt obligated to Lucky, or due to violence/potential violence involving children. Example: Jason and Liz agreed to an engagement for about a minute before the phone call that little Michael had been shot. I think Liz is still hung up on fantasy of Jason; she never took to heart the fact that Jason killed people in cold blood. It didn't bother Sam, and she's cool w/guns, so their relationship was a better fit. I think, on Friday, Liz was trying to say that due to timing, circumstances, etc. she and Jason never got to be in a real, committed relationship like she's had w/Lucky, Ric. But the truth is, if she wasn't thinking about it from a place of loneliness, she would truly accept that a life with bodyguards, where shootings are a no-big-deal weekly thing, would not be any more comfortable for her than living at "creepy" Wyndemere w/Nikolas, his attitudes about throwing around money, and that 'So what if I almost slept with Britt? I really love you' attitude. 

Where Patrick's concerned, I do think it's his responsibility as Robin's husband and Emma's dad to deal with Robin's issues, in much the same way it was his responsibility to face what was happening to their family when Robin had PPD. She said she's not coming back to PC because she's too damaged to be a wife and mother - NOT that she doesn't love them and doesn't want to be there. If nothing else, Patrick should be going after Robin to confront her about getting help because his little girl needs and misses her mother. I would be satisfied if at the moment, instead of going off to Amsterdam right this minute (it won't bring back baby Shamwow) and talking so nonchalantly w/Sam about divorcing Robin, Patrick and Anna -maybe even with Emma - went to Paris to confront Robin. Then Patrick gives up because it was like Robin had vanished without a trace. Then he goes home, gently tells Emma he has no idea when she'll be with Mommy again, and holds her while she cries. 

Right now Anna and Nathan (instead of waiting for a ditz to show up for a date!) and possibly Sam should be on that plane to Amsterdam, not Patrick. He's just putting himself in danger, and possibly Emma due to leaving her in Port Charles - by going with the assumption that they can deal with wildcard Fluke and return safely.  He's a doctor, not someone trained at taking down criminals. He could easily get shot to death, since Fluke has no problem threatening a child let alone killing an adult. Then Emma would be left without either Mommy or Daddy at home to raise her. Great parenting, there.  I don't see what Sam and Patrick are doing right now as cute or fun.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically. THAT'S the problem. Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances. It is screwing up Patrick's character.

On the contrary, Patrick is being written completely in character. It's just that his character has been well established as a narcissistic douche. Well before RC made the scene, Patrick showed just what a shitty husband/person he was when he believed Lisa the Psycho over his own damn wife - and that disbelief contributed to Robin having her life put in danger. Then there was the time he sued said wife to take possession of HER womb! Post RC, we've all seen how he toyed with and then discarded Sabrina without a qualm or a second thought. And when Robin went to C-C he declared he would wait for her as long as it would take. Apparently in Patprick's world, "as long as it takes" means "until I get a good gander at Sam's cleavage". He waited all of... what? 3 months?

The only man on canvas right now worse than Patrick is Sonny. And given what a titanic shitbag Sonny is, coming in such a close second to him is a rare achievement.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 6

Not true, IMO. As yowsah1 said, Patrick has never not been a self-centered douche. He cheated on Robin with a psychotic, then sat on his thumb while said psychotic endangered her life in addition to acting as if the cheating was his wife's fault. And there was a time when it seemed as if he'd try to get with Liz, and I think we dodged a bullet on that score. Then Sabrina came onto the scene, and he more or less wiped his butt with her until he was done with her, and now he's drooling on Sam. So it isn't that Doctor Douchenozzle has just started to suck, because in my opinion he never hasn't sucked.

• Love 4

Lol, while Dr. Doucheshit has been on our screens from his conception, I still think the writing right now is in a class of its own. On Skype, Robin said she's broken, is a terrible mother, makes wrong choices, is never coming home, and then ends the call saying she LOVES Patty. And Patty responds with, "Sam is so hot. Me like Sam. Me like to sleep with Sam."

That's low even for Patty.

• Love 4

The problem is RC/FV allowing KMc to return sporadically.  THAT'S the problem.  Instead of killing off Robin or writing her out, they keep dangling this carrot in order to allow KMc to keep popping in for guest appearances.

First off, let's not forget that when KMc originally was leaving the show, Robin was going to be for real killed off when her HIV meds stopped worked or whatever.  It was Frank and Ron who convinced her to leave the door open for future returns, not the other way around.

But otherwise, yeah, as much as I like Robin/KMc, I kinda have to agree.  Frank and Ron are treating the situation the same way they did with David/Tuc Watkins on OLTL, but David's a comedic character that could be lifted in and out and the show had no interest in playing Dorian as a romantic lead outside of him.  It's not a comparable solution.

That said, bad writing is bad writing.  The show wants to rush Patrick/Sam to a certain point for optimum drama now that Jason is back.  It's a pacing problem and that's Ron's problem.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
Right now Anna and Nathan (instead of waiting for a ditz to show up for a date!) and possibly Sam should be on that plane to Amsterdam, not Patrick.

Is it poor writing or just dumbing down non-favorites?  How could the writers have Anna sitting in a budget meeting and not on a plane to Paris to check on her daughter.  The writers were able to draft a couple of lines to explain why Dante isn't heading over to Amsterdam. The plane's occupants should have been Anna and Patrick en route to Paris. 

I've already had my fill of Sam these past couple of years with her major story lines with Jason, Franco, Vampire, McBain/Jason's death, Danny, Silas and now with the resurrection of Jason.  While it was nice to see her and Patrick smile (for a change), her weariness is already starting to set back in.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4
Where Patrick's concerned, I do think it's his responsibility as Robin's husband and Emma's dad to deal with Robin's issues, in much the same way it was his responsibility to face what was happening to their family when Robin had PPD. She said she's not coming back to PC because she's too damaged to be a wife and mother - NOT that she doesn't love them and doesn't want to be there.

Exactly my problem with the storyline right now!

Right now there are 2 explanations I could probably accept for Patrick's behavior:

1. He is so distraught and upset over Robin leaving and Shamwow's death that he is reverting to his pre-Robin douchebag player personality in an effort to not feel anything, and therefore never get hurt, again. For him, this thing with Sam is purely about sex.

2. The real Patrick is being held captive and this dude is a guy in latex mask/evil twin. The switch happened right after Shamwow's death so real Patrick never saw Robin at the clinic.

That's all I got.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3

I've already had my fill of Sam these past couple of years with her major story lines with Jason, Franco, Vampire, McBain/Jason's death, Danny, Silas and now with the resurrection of Jason.  While it was nice to see her and Patrick smile (for a change), her weariness is already starting to set back in.

You're not alone on that.  I don't really dislike Sam, but I don't find her a compelling character.  The actor is very low energy IMO and ill-equipped to carry a storyline, much less the multiple headliners she's been given.   And I've felt the same way about Patrick, except for the times I've actually disliked him, which is my predominant feeling.  

Of course, by now, with all the crap storylines both actors have had to endure, they might actually be as bored with all as we are.

• Love 8

I think you're right, but neither have Lucas and Brad, I believe.

But Ryan Carnes and Parry Shen are recurring.  Teresa Castillo and Marc Anthony Samuel have been on contract for coming up on two years and every contract player has made it in except them.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Marc Anthony Samuel is on contract? I don't keep up to date (or at all) on who is on contract and who isn't, but he is on contract while Ryan Carnes, who not only plays a legacy character but is also a returning actor, is not?

• Love 1

Marc Anthony Samuel is on contract? I don't keep up to date (or at all) on who is on contract and who isn't, but he is on contract while Ryan Carnes, who not only plays a legacy character but is also a returning actor, is not?

They put Samuel on contract a year before they brought Lucas back.

I like Sonny and Carly together. They are both just so awful. Plus, I think the actors have chemistry.

Having said that, I still don't want to watch them desecrate Michael's apartment. Just no. 

Everyone is soooo drawn to the 'mystery' patient! Give me a break Ron.

• Love 2

This is off topic of the rest of this post, but why won't anyone let Maxie take responsibility for what an idiot she often is? Lulu, Nathan, Mac, Felicia are all always being all "no, no, sweetie, don't blame yourself" every time Maxie finally seems to get she has made a lot of mistakes. Let her take responsibility for them, dammit! It drives me nuts.

Amen, Maxie simply thinks so long as she admits she is a "horrible person" she can continue to be that and treat people badly.

These umpteen kidnappings are bullshit story telling. Many of you here have come up with better plots and breakdowns for keeping Robin off the canvas for long stretches of time. 

This is so true.  They ought to recast or kill off the character.  Think of the audience rather than actor convenience.  

KMc isn't a writer, director, or producer of this show.  She's told them her availability, and if they can't make a good story out of that, they are free to decide not to use her.  Actors are just people.  They have bills to pay, too.  If GH is willing to pay KMc to show up a few times a year for a few episodes, I don't fault her for taking them up on the offer.  She's not in charge of the gawdawful stories being written around her absences.

KMc may be in film/directing school, but one would hope that the writers of this show would have already graduated from it.  Moreover, they're the ones getting paid to perform that particular function on this show. 

They could kill her character off.  Or recast.  They need to look at the product, rather than the convenience of former or sometime employees.  

• Love 1

Eh. I haven't taken a formal poll, but I'm pretty sure most of the audience, especially the long timers, appreciates Robin/KMc and what she means to GH. I just don't think killing the character or recasting is in the cards. Cartini would have 1. Never brought her back to life, or 2. Would have done it by now.

• Love 2

Eh. I haven't taken a formal poll, but I'm pretty sure most of the audience, especially the long timers, appreciates Robin/KMc and what she means to GH. I just don't think killing the character or recasting is in the cards. Cartini would have 1. Never brought her back to life, or 2. Would have done it by now.

There are a thousand ways to have KMc both on and off the canvas without killing Robin or recasting. What sucks is Ron's fall back of kidnapping Robin. It would have been so simple for Anna to rescue Robin, and then Robin and Patrick could discuss how their marriage was over, as both have moved on, then a phone call from the New Head of the WSB (Robert?) asking Robin to head up the research wing of the agency and viola, a Robin one hour away sharing custody with Patrick of Emma and available when ever Ron and Kim want.

So simple even a child could do it.

Unless it is the petulant child name Ron

• Love 15

First off, let's not forget that when KMc originally was leaving the show, Robin was going to be for real killed off when her HIV meds stopped worked or whatever.  It was Frank and Ron who convinced her to leave the door open for future returns, not the other way around.

But otherwise, yeah, as much as I like Robin/KMc, I kinda have to agree.  Frank and Ron are treating the situation the same way they did with David/Tuc Watkins on OLTL, but David's a comedic character that could be lifted in and out and the show had no interest in playing Dorian as a romantic lead outside of him.  It's not a comparable solution.

It is their David Vickers solution, yes. That worked for David because of who David was, a comic sort of bon vivant, but even that wore thin by the end of OLTL, as they basically would not write romance or much else solo for Dorian without him - the one time they tried, in a popular new love connection with A Martinez, the actor was quickly fired for vague reasons. Doing this with Robin is far worse. FV has always been adept at handling intermittent performers' schedules, but there comes a part when you can only keep so many balls in the air. The David Vickers solution stopped working for David and Dorian by the end of OLTL, and this Robin situation has been a no-go since the 2013 Nurses Ball at least, which is when I believe she was originally scheduled to return. And that's not even getting to the horrible problems with airtime on the overall regular canvas, let alone the recurring veterans (Duke, Lucy, Scott, Kevin, etc.). But bottom line, they cannot do this with Robin. It was old a year ago. It's got to stop.

I give them all credit in the world for undoing Robin's planned demise - Frank Valentini vowed that she would never be killed off as long as he worked there, and it was the right move to make. Had Garin Wolf killed her as planned I probably would have turned off the show forever. But this shit's gotta stop.

• Love 10

Contracts can be broken.

Did Tristan Rogers teach them nothing? Fly, Ryan!

No they can't. At least, not by the actors unless they put in some special clause. (Who was the actress over on guiding Light who screwed over JFP because JFP didn't realize/forgot she had negotiated being able to leave every certain cycle? I forget the name). Tristan Rogers wasn't on contract.

I wouldn't be opposed to Robin's death. But I wanted to to be, like, the very last episode of GH and have it be this celebration of her life/GH with tons of flashbacks.  If they did it before then it would have to be really well done. So no to either Ron or Garin writing that.

They could kill her character off.  Or recast.  They need to look at the product, rather than the convenience of former or sometime employees.

It's not at Kim's convenience. They're the ones who ask her when/where to come back. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

No they can't. At least, not by the actors unless they put in some special clause. (Who was the actress over on guiding Light who screwed over JFP because JFP didn't realize/forgot she had negotiated being able to leave every certain cycle? I forget the name).

That was the great, incomparable Beverlee McKinsey. According to an interview with Michael Logan: McKinsey adamantly defended her choice to exit the show. Her bosses felt they had been bamboozled. "They're bent out of shape because, for once, somebody beat 'em at their own game," she said. "I had warned Jill (the show's then-executive producer Jill Farren Phelps) – although I don't think she paid attention to me – that I was not happy. I was not happy with the story line." She had confided in Phelps previously that she was frustrated enough to quit, and was told in response that perhaps she should read her contract. 

That's a terrific story!

So simple even a child could do it.

Yep there are many many ways to have Robin off screen without having her be kidnapped constantly. I don't understand the choices RC makes with the character. Well okay I guess I do: he's an untalented hack.

• Love 6

They're bent out of shape because, for once, somebody beat 'em at their own game," she said. "I had warned Jill (the show's then-executive producer Jill Farren Phelps) – although I don't think she paid attention to me – that I was not happy.

IIRC, aren't some of these details similar to those that came out after Genie Francis left GH before? … that she wasn't particularly happy … , and that she warned them she might leave at the end of her contract cycle …? Kinda makes it sound like JFP has a blind spot. 

• Love 2

aren't some of these details similar to those that came out after Genie Francis left GH before?

The details might be similar, but the biggest difference is that Beverlee McKinsey never came back. Plus, the circumstance was also a bit different because she was actually scheduled to go on a long vacation and basically quit the day before she left on that vacation. I don't think the folks in charge actually believed she wasn't coming back and then found out otherwise. It caused quite a stir at the time. I just remember being bummed out she wasn't coming back because she was an incredible Alex Spaulding.

It's not at Kim's convenience. They're the ones who ask her when/where to come back

Absolutely. They are the ones that un-did the Robin death and they are the ones who ask the actress to come back. I just wish the writers would change it up a bit in terms of Robin's whereabouts. Of course, TG has been taking the summer off for years and I don't recall many of the storylines surrounding getting Luke off canvas were very good either.

• Love 1

At this point they do have the seeds for splitting Patrick and Robin because of the damage to their relationship caused by her forced absences and the way he's coped with that. RC's apparent stance that splitting them is some sort of irevocable step is just plain ridiculous and turns everything written for them, whether together or apart, into irritating filler that makes both characters look bad. Sam is an improvement over Sabrina, but they are still not rootable because the truth of Robin's situation makes Patrick look douchey or at least dumb, plus she's got her own notdead spouse stinkin up the joint.

I never had much use for the character of the Sabrina, but I don't understand why Patrick was written as her great love when he was still besotted with his notdead wife and she was repeatedly shown to have an attachment to him that was immature and shallow, unlike the considerably more adult interactions she had with Carlos who was plainly and inexplicably devoted to her. The part of me that thought "GET HER OFF MY SCREEN" everytime she simpered and squinted is spitefully glad to see her diving under the wannabe baby-killer bus, but I'm also irritated that they didn't simply give her a rushed HEA with Carlos and send them off to parts unknown instead of writing them both into a corner. I like HEAs, even for characters I don't particularly care for. It used to be one of the things I enjoyed about soaps, along with stories that relied on friendships, complicated loyalties and working life.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 5

Kim is doing those two assholes a favor by coming back.  She brings ratings, even when the stories they write for her are brain-numbingy stupid and repetitive.  They could easily keep Robin in play without having Patrick behave like a total douche, all without killing her off or recasting the character, but it would require good writing and pacing.  Obviously that's not going to happen with this team.

• Love 9

Well, I think Kim WANTS to come back when they ask her, but they're the ones setting the terms. She's not like "this is when I want to come back, take it or leave it!" In fact I can think of twice when she offered to stay on longer and they refused - when she originally left in early 2012 and this past February. The first time they rushed her exit so we could concentrate on ColenHope's saga.

• Love 2

FrankenRon remind me of my way or the highway. They are BOTH so full of themselves they seem to have trouble believing the fans are sick of the same old same old. First they have turned Patrick into a brain dead idiot where Robin is concerned. Now Anna welcome to the club . She sat there and watched her daughter say she was broken and wasn't coming back. This is the same Robin who went through sooo much to have Emma now she is deserting her ? She is going to Paris ? They FrnkenRon wanted to keep Robin alive for the fact that she is a vet. She does bring in ratings and Instead of making the fans want to watch more all we hear is what a douche Patrick is. So they are destroying both characters and the best spy Anna is also now stupid. K MC comes back, she does what they ask, and she gets get rid of her. Sorry .This garbage is all on FrankenRon's head. They write it, they can watch it. Plus why would Robin be so dumb as to bring back two more murderers plus the killer for hire.? This show makes NO sense at all !

• Love 4

It's also strange that they've chosen the Robin hostage/kidnapping story again because, at some point, it's going to have to come to an end. And then what? She leaves AGAIN? They've dug themselves into the largest hole ever for no reason.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

It's also strange that they've chosen the Robin hostage/kidnapping story again because, at some point, it's going to have to come to an end. And then what? She leaves AGAIN? They've dug themselves into the largest hole ever for no reason.

Incompetence trumps common sense again and again.

• Love 3