Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Jason has no intention of processing his rage.  He likes his rage, it makes him feel superior and justifies his actions.

Sam's reaction to the near murder is to pronounce her love to this hit man (who failed to protect her on their honeymoon).   We next see this thug requesting a visit to see his son and mentioning that his hit man skills are alive and well.  Since Jason is going to be a godfather and all so he must be a great role model and fine to have around a child with PTSD.

I do think someone involved has done decent homework, or has had a parent with this condition.

The writing has been better than expected.  It's swell that Sonny has so much money that he doesn't have to worry about the financial consequences of having a parent who is unable to take care of him/herself.  But Max Gail is knocking it out of the park, especially considering MB's acting chops are reduced to either producing a tear or rage in between spitting out a line of dialogue at the appropriate allotted time that the script calls for. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Only on GH would someone introduce someone this way: "I don't think you've met Jason Morgan. He's the one who killed Faison."

I'm confused. Who killed Faison? Was it Jason or Peter/Heinrich? I'm not sure if they made it clear and I missed it, but I was under the impression that Peter was in the room when Faison died. It's hard to keep up when there are constant interruptions for storms and steel and North Korea. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I'm confused. Who killed Faison? Was it Jason or Peter/Heinrich? I'm not sure if they made it clear and I missed it, but I was under the impression that Peter was in the room when Faison died. It's hard to keep up when there are constant interruptions for storms and steel and North Korea. 

It was Peter, but nobody except Peter knows that so it's assumed Jason, the Holy Hitman, did the deed.

Jason has no intention of processing his rage.  He likes his rage, it makes him feel superior and justifies his actions. He's barely forgiven the Quartermains for not being perfect after his accident.  He never questions whether his own actions caused a situation, he makes it the fault of the other person.  He's a lot like Sonny in those respects.

Can I get this cross-stiched on a pillow?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

Jason shot Faison and landed him in the hospital. Faison succumbed to his injuries but he died Peter managed to rile his father up when he told him that he killed his other son Nathan.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If I were going to psychologically fanwank it, it's more about Franco himself than Liz. (Poor Elizabeth's role on the show seems to be endlessly propping doormat.) If he really did try to kill Andy when he was 3, then it wasn't because of the tumor and he really is a bred-in-the-bone sociopath and that's what Franco is scared of. Not telling Liz is just an excuse not to confirm it for himself.

Yeah, this is probably what the show is going for, but of course the writing is terrible. Franco should be telling Elizabeth that he's working through something he doesn't want to talk about yet, but of course that would be the logical, mature thing to do. And "logical, mature" have no place for any character on this fakakta show.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think the Gail actress is alive but last picture KSh posted of her she looked pretty frail.

Susan Brown is 85. Not ancient, but it wouldn't be surprising if she weren't up to the pace of a soap, even for a day or two. (It's lovely KSh appears to keep in touch with her. He's such a good guy!)

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

[Sonny is acting like an ass], sometimes, but that's realistic. I'm almost glad Sonny is the one whose parent is getting this story, because with certain other characters, I don't think the writers would feel as free to portray the frustration that is part of the family members' side. They'd want to soft-sell that to protect the character. I can attest that nicer people than Sonny can be an ass about it. It's tough. You can't reason anymore. You can't use logic. You can't present facts and have them sink in and take hold like facts are supposed to do in a dispute. But it isn't like dealing with your child, where you know that it's going to get better with time. It's the opposite. 

My biggest problem with Sonny in this story is that he's been doing nothing BUT act like an ass. I have no problem with him being blindsided by the diagnosis and feeling helpless. I do have a problem with him not even trying to make an effort to understand and be empathetic. It's all  about how this affects Sonny and how he feels about it. Entirely in character, but gross. Why not use this story to give Sonny the chance to grow a tiny bit and look outside of himself for once? And for Jasus's sake, have him stop screaming at Mike. It's not going to help.

It would help if MB put some nuance into Sonny's reactions. All I'm getting is exasperation that he has to deal with a sick parent. Sonny breaking down in tears cracks me up instead of making me sad for him. MB is terrible at crying.

• Love 5

I'm still three or four episodes behind.  Are they going to re-hab Franco's character by making Jim the bad guy?  Franco was putting Drew in the basement to hide him from the evil child abuser, when Drew fell down the stairs?  And Franco took all the abuse, which turned him into a serial killer?  So he'll be a hero now?

• Love 1

On the other hand, it does feel like the show doesn't know what to do with Kiki.  She pops up to be a bitch to Ava or creeped on Dr. Bensch by or a talk-to for someone, but that's kinda it.  So I could see her being dropped to recurring or HE peacing out for primetime work in general.

The show doesn't know what to do with anyone. It's crazy. The slight exceptions are Anna and Peter, Sam/Jason/Drew, and Joss and Oscar, although what their story is I don't know, but they get airtime.

It's especially crazy because it shouldn't be hard to think of something to do with Kiki. Yet the young characters they focus on are those that can't legally do anything but peck on the lips.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Isn't Franco already a hero? 

It seems Elizabeth thinks he is, for cooperating with Dante to get Drew out from under the freezer door. Her line "You saved his life" makes me roll my eyes.  I would like Mike to get away from Sonny, spend more time at the hospital getting evaluated and hanging out with nurse Elizabeth Webber.  The Mike-Elizabeth scenes were Becky showing Elizabeth's true heart, compassion, empathy, kindness instead of the pathetic Franco propper she's currently being written as.  I loved when Mike asked her if Lucky still plays his guitar for her; my heart melted. It was nice for her to get a reminder of her past and the person she used to be. The last time I was moved by a Liz scene was when she tearfully convinced Jake to deactivate and put down the canister of Chimera.

I watched the scene of Elizabeth angrily, indignantly telling Jason that Franco feels guilty for what he did and "has apologized."  So I'm wondering, did I miss scenes of Franco offering some half-assed apologies to Sam, Michael, Lulu (for strapping her to a bomb)? I've only seen him whine that people need to get over that and that he had a tumor so it wasn't his fault, it's unfair that everyone hates me, etc.

I agree with those who have posted that Elizabeth's need for Jason to think Franco is a decent person/redeemed shows she wants her faith in Franco to be validated by someone who matters to her. She has a history with Jason that dates back to her teenage years, so I'm sure it hurts that he won't say "I trust your judgement" and won't play nice with Franco for Jake's sake. I'm sure it hurts much worse than it would coming from others because very few characters currently on the canvas in Elizabeth's general age group have known her for so long and had faith in her.  Carly's disapproval, on the other hand, is easy to blow off esp. when she's all "well I can be excused for my poor judgement of being involved with and getting engaged to Franco because I thought Franco was Jason's brother and I was missing Jason - nevermind that Franco had my beloved son raped." 

• Love 2

I watched the scene of Elizabeth angrily,

Even though I enjoy both actors, every scene with Elizabeth and serial killer Franco has been hard to watch.  It's just too bad that FV/TPTB cannot just say that this Franco is really an identical twin/triplet/quadruplet brother separated at birth.  There is nothing redeemable about this character. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sunnyface said:

It was bad enough to have to lose Ellie to this disgusting vile felon.  Can't he just disappear for good?

Like Franco, Spinelli is supposed to be a special kind of cute and adorable, like an undisciplined mutt who gets in everyone's way but makes everyone laugh with his peculiar antics. Comic relief with a fey accent that's also boyish and appealing. It's the show's lame way of using unsavory villains for comedic effect, while mob bosses and hit men are the leading men and romantic heroes.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, xfuse said:

I have to admit that I missed most of the Franco years. Mainly because I have a strong dislike for James Franco. I did read up about some of the GH I missed while I was gone.  I thought that Franco paid the guy to protect Michael not rape him and he didn't rape Sam but drugged her and made her think that he did.  I keep seeing that he's a rapist who did he rape.

You are correct. He didn't actually rape anyone. According to the show, he paid Carter to protect Michael. I honestly don't remember the details of the story at the time, but that's the way the story is being told now. It could be a retcon. The Jason/Sam thing was a complete mind game. We never see Franco raping Sam. We saw him take her from the shower to the bed and then cutting off the camera. That's all. It wasn't clear what happened during the original scenes, and when RoHo came on, they stated it was a mind game. 

I know some don't like that, but that's the story. 

• Love 2

RC/FV hacked together a story about DVDs created, directed and edited by Franco that were supposed to prove his innocence so that RC/FV could proceed with that gross Carly/Franco garbage. After the DVD fail, RC/FV hacked together a story about a giant tumor of evil what made Franco do evil things, which the writers are currently doubling down on - while ignoring the fact that the tumor of evil undermines their initial exculpatory attempt with the DVDs,  which were created and presented while under the influence of poor, poor Fwanco's eviiiil tumor.

Even after all that work, Carly/Franco was a huge failure because most of the viewing audience had either (1) been watching during the Franco years and knew there was no way in hell Carly would touch Franco with a 10 ft. pole; and/or  (2) had seen Blair/Todd and understood that Carly/Franco is just a sad-ass attempt to retell that story with less chemistry and a lesser HW. The pairing was a betrayal of Carly's character, same goes for Liz.

I think the murderhobo would be fine in stories with Ava or Nina, but that wouldn't make Franco central to the canvas and FV is determined that RoHo should be central to the canvas - so poor Liz, who has a decade of characterization as a good mother, is engaged to the man who kidnapped her newborn. Between that and her insistence that everyone has to forgive him (note that this forgiveness is always predicated on the tumor, and the DVDs are no longer referenced), she grows more repulsive and unwatchable as this relationship endures. I think somebody on this board described this relationship as "rotting Liz's character from the inside out", and I think that's the most accurate description of this relationship that I've read.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

RC/FV hacked together a story about DVDs created, directed and edited by Franco that were supposed to prove his innocence so that RC/FV could proceed with that gross Carly/Franco garbage. After the DVD fail, RC/FV hacked together a story about a giant tumor of evil what made Franco do evil things, which the writers are currently doubling down on - while ignoring the fact that the tumor of evil undermines their initial exculpatory attempt with the DVDs,  which were created and presented while under the influence of poor, poor Fwanco's eviiiil tumor.

Even after all that work, Carly/Franco was a huge failure because most of the viewing audience had either (1) been watching during the Franco years and knew there was no way in hell Carly would touch Franco with a 10 ft. pole; and/or  (2) had seen Blair/Todd and understood that Carly/Franco is just a sad-ass attempt to retell that story with less chemistry and a lesser HW. The pairing was a betrayal of Carly's character, Liz's too.

I think the murderhobo would be fine in stories with Ava or Nina, but that wouldn't make Franco central to the canvas and FV is determined that RoHo should be central to the canvas, so poor Liz, who has decades of characterization as a good mother, is engaged to the man who kidnapped her newborn. Between that and her insistence that everyone has to forgive him (note that this forgiveness is always predicated on the tumor and the DVDs are no longer referenced), she grows more repulsive and unwatchable as this relationship endures. I think somebody on this board described this relationship as "rotting Liz's character from the inside out", and I think that's the most accurate description of this relationship that I've read.

They undercut their "the tumor was the root of all his evil" story by making Franco do many criminal acts post-tumor like kidnapping Carly and his mother and burying Heather alive, aiding and abetting Nina running to Canada with a kidnapped newborn, enacting his own justice on Tom Baker by torturing him and locking him in a dog cage. There are also all the non-criminal but run-of-the-mil disgusting things he has done post-tumor like putting that spycam and microphone in that ugly necklace to get the blackmail dirt he needed on his then-fiancée Carly and I'm not even going to get into how serial killer creepy he acted when he was trying to get Elizabeth to date him at the start of their relationship, cornering her in elevators so she couldn't leave until she spoke to him, hiding in the backseat of her car in an empty and dark parking garage, etc. 

If anyone was allowed to bring THAT up in conversation with Liz, what would she have to say? How would she defend Franco then?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Even after all that work, Carly/Franco was a huge failure because most of the viewing audience had either (1) been watching during the Franco years and knew there was no way in hell Carly would touch Franco with a 10 ft. pole; and/or  (2) had seen Blair/Todd and understood that Carly/Franco is just a sad-ass attempt to retell that story with less chemistry and a lesser HW. The pairing was a betrayal of Carly's character, same goes for Liz.

And then they made Franco Scotty and Heather's son, which seemed to be the green light Carly needed because right after that is when she first slept with him.  Because sleeping with your best friend's worst enemy is okay if he's not his twin...whaaa?

You're 100% right, Carly would not have touched him with a 10 ft. pole.  As I've said before, Carly holds grudges like no other.  She would not hook up with the man who hurt Jason and her kids the way Franco did, she just wouldn't.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly getting together with Franco was one of the biggest WTFs the show made with him.

Actress knew she would get a juicy story and screentime if she bought in and brought it. Stupid slime head writer saw it giving RoHo a tongue bath and career boost, bringing in Carly fans. RoHo just sat there and grinned.

Carly and Franco happened because Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini had a personal vendetta with the revived OLTL on Hulu. It came from them, not the actors. OLTL being revived without them - something they never thought possible - meant the rights to those characters were withdrawn from GH, including the Todd Manning character Carly had been paired with. They were furious, which is why the OLTL actors were quickly re-inserted onto GH as (multiple) new characters. Howarth pulled double duty on both shows, and Ron was sure they could strike the match again just by swapping Franco for Todd. It was disgusting. And if they could bring him back today I have no doubt GH would, ignoring how the last year in current events in our world have made a character like Todd (one of my longtime favorites) radioactive, wildly inappropriate and relatively obsolete. To say nothing of Franco.

I can't believe I'm willingly asking this: Can someone explain who the fuck Peter actually is, what he knows/did, and if he is in fact Faison and Anna's son how the fuck did that happen, because it's awful and sick.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I can't believe I'm willingly asking this: Can someone explain who the fuck Peter actually is, what he knows/did, and if he is in fact Faison and Anna's son how the fuck did that happen, because it's awful and sick.

Peter is Faison's son, and probably Anna's, though that hasn't been officially confirmed on the show. I don't think it's ever been explained how Anna got pregnant by Faison in the first place, and frankly, I'd rather not know. There's no explanation that doesn't have the highest of ick factors.

What Peter knows: He's Faison's son, Nathan was his half-brother, Maxie is his half-sister-in-law carrying his half-niece/nephew, he might have the gene for Huntington's disease. He knows he, not Jason, killed Faison. It's possible Peter is "the traitor," or whatever Sonny and Jason have been calling him, the person who saved Jason from being killed by Faison in Russia. That part of the story has been dropped for a while, and it's so stupid I don't care.

• Love 2

Well we don't know if Peter did kill Faison. He didn"t poison him, suffocate him or mess with his medication. We do know that Peter agitated his father with the newd that Faison killed his other son Nathan. He also messed with call nurse button. His autopsy did not reveal any other reason for cause of death except that Faison was already dying from being shot by Jason.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think it's ever been explained how Anna got pregnant by Faison in the first place, and frankly, I'd rather not know. There's no explanation that doesn't have the highest of ick factors.

Didn't we hear from Valentin that Anna got Faison drunk and seduced him to get ahead in her WSB career or something?  It's hard to remember because it was so gross and ew and OOC and NO!

Also, Faison knew about LWB/FS, but somehow didn't, to our knowledge, know Anna is his mother.  And he treated LWB/FS pretty much the same way as Britt - ignored him, sent him to boarding schools, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Oh, right, they left if Peter killed Faison or not a bit unclear. I don't know if it really matters—it's not going to change my opinion of Peter (waste of time that should go to someone like Kevin) either way.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't we hear from Valentin that Anna got Faison drunk and seduced him to get ahead in her WSB career or something?

Given how Valentin has lied about everything, are we supposed to believe this? And why doesn't Anna remember?! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Given how Valentin has lied about everything, are we supposed to believe this? And why doesn't Anna remember?! 

I got the impression that they used Valentin to get out the exposition about how Anna ended up pregnant with this baby, but that Anna was groggy on the details of the actual delivery, which allowed Valentin to lie about the baby's sex.

But who knows and, more importantly, who cares (spoiler: not me).  I just want LWB/FS to go away, I'm so sick of his face!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I hate Kiki.  And why on earth is she all up Sonny and Carly's butts? Ava is her mom and not having custody for the reasons given is a joke when you consider that Sonny and Carly DO have custody.  The fact that Kiki is Team Sonny here makes me twitchy.

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

When they recast RH as Franco-- did they ever mention the fact that James Franco as Franco had sex with Maxie? Or are they just never bringing that up again?

They mentioned it once or twice.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I hate Kiki.  And why on earth is she all up Sonny and Carly's butts? Ava is her mom and not having custody for the reasons given is a joke when you consider that Sonny and Carly DO have custody.  The fact that Kiki is Team Sonny here makes me twitchy.

Kiki is a stupid ass coward that is so afraid of standing with her mom and ending up losing rights to see her sister even though she should be doing a lot more to help Ava fight that Sonny and Carly stole the baby. Why is she even trying to do anything in the medical field because she's a dumbass there's no hospital that would make responsible for patients what's she going to do take out the trash after a real medical procedure or something?

Drew and Franco are The Hardly Boys as in they are hardly proving to be intelligent enough and smart enough to figure any of this s*** out. Am I going to care if they go off on some stupid adventure to figure out some b******* from their childhood that doesn't matter now the answer is no and if I have to see Sam and Liz take cheap and petty and catty shots at each other through this whole thing I am going to lose it.

Carly is slime like literal slime the way she was gloating when Jason told her that he and Sam admitted their feelings for each other and she basically threw herself her own f*cking parade disgusting.

• Love 3

I'm interested in Peter and Anna. It probably would have been better if they picked some other bad guy for Anna to have slept with though. Could there have been any other plausible candidates?

The scenes between Liz and Sam were good. Antagonistic without anyone being the one in the obvious wrong. I mean, I consider Liz dating Franco wrong, but the show does not.

They couldn't have kept Dillon on recurring instead of giving this weird story with Kiki and Dr Bensch?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Liz really said with a straight face that Franco wouldn't lie to her. I didn't think I could be any more embarrassed for Liz, but turns out, yeah, I can. I did love how Franco has been scrambling to keep Liz in the dark about what happened with Drew, and Sam just nonchalantly dropped the truth and walked away.

Oh, looks like Dr. Bensch is turning the corner into creepy. Took like six months to get here, but come on, GH, go ahead and bungle something as important as the #MeToo movement, I'm ready.

I still can't help but like Peter, and I want to know if Griffin will try to counsel him if he puts the pieces together of Peter's identity. Also, nice throwaway line telling us that Britt's safe from Huntington's.

I think there's maybe a 10% chance that Sonny has ever made Carly as orgasmically happy as Jason did when he told her that she was right about Sam. She was absolutely over the moon, insufferably giddy. Of all the indignities created from Sam's complete 180 pivot on her feelings, Carly's glory over being right is the most unpleasant.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why can’t Sonny and Carly pronounce the word “Alzheimers” correctly? There is no “T” in that word!

This has been driving me nuts, as well.  It is not "All-timers".  The truly frustrating part for me is that no one - not their friends/costars, the producers, the director, writers, etc.  - have pointed out to them that they sound like idiots not pronouncing it right.  It's a show that is (supposed to be) about a hospital.  Maybe, just maybe, get some of the better known medical lingo correct.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I got the impression that they used Valentin to get out the exposition about how Anna ended up pregnant with this baby, but that Anna was groggy on the details of the actual delivery, which allowed Valentin to lie about the baby's sex.

Anna pretended to be a 'pro' to get drunk Faison to take her back to his place (Faison had a habit of hiring women who looked like Anna to have sex with). Once there she did actually have sex with him to get access to some papers that he had. When she had the baby she refused to look at him which is why she didn't know that it was a boy or a girl.  The story that Peter told Griffin about who is mother is basically the same as Anna and Valentin talked about expect the part where she gave the baby to Faison.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This has been driving me nuts, as well.  It is not "All-timers"

This always makes me laugh because way back when I was student in a veterans hospital, one of the other students asked a supervisor if "there are any All-timers here" and the supervisor replied "they are all old -timers here"  haha!

What bugged me more was the 1st edition Greys Anatomy book, even if is the American version it should be more diagrams and pictures them words, I would think, going by the Greys Anatomy books I have seen,

And OMG who cares the Sam still loves Jason, has she given even one whiff of wanting to actually BE with him, this storyline is so stupid, basically what everyone else has been saying for months, it just cant be said enough

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xfuse said:

The story that Peter told Griffin about who is mother is basically the same as Anna and Valentin talked about expect the part where she gave the baby to Faison.

I didn't see today, but my question is - who did Faison think LWB/FS's mother was?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xfuse said:

Anna pretended to be a 'pro' to get drunk Faison to take her back to his place (Faison had a habit of hiring women who looked like Anna to have sex with). Once there she did actually have sex with him to get access to some papers that he had. When she had the baby she refused to look at him which is why she didn't know that it was a boy or a girl.  The story that Peter told Griffin about who is mother is basically the same as Anna and Valentin talked about expect the part where she gave the baby to Faison.

I'll say it again: Anna - as the audience knows her and her history - would drug Faison, not sleep with him. On the out-of-character off chance she would? No way in hell would she not abort his spawn.

This is gross. If anything needs to be "aborted" now, it's this POS "story".

• Love 7

Why was Sam so quick to believe Jim Harvey's version of the staircase story?    Hasn't she been with Drew when he expressed doubts about Harvey? And didn't she notice him slinking around her mother's campaign? Today, she reminded me of those soap fans who seize on a story that makes someone they don't like look bad - regardless of the source - and then run with it.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But then how did LWB/FS even find out he's Faison son, when did he present himself to Faison to be ignored and shipped off to boarding school? 

The midwife's daughter told Anna that there was trouble with the adoption, that the parents were having problems/trouble with the baby and he was removed from their home.  No idea who would have removed him since it was a black market adoption in the first place, but I guess from there, whoever (probably Valentin) placed him with his father, who didn't care about him and send him off to boardin schools.  

17 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Why was Sam so quick to believe Jim Harvey's version of the staircase story? 

Because Franco's a disgusting waste of human space, and I would believe he'd push another kid down the stairs.  

22 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll say it again: Anna - as the audience knows her and her history - would drug Faison, not sleep with him. On the out-of-character off chance she would? No way in hell would she not abort his spawn.

Yep, that's the whole problem with this story, and I have a hard time believing Finola agreed to this horrible story.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Perkie said:
42 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Why was Sam so quick to believe Jim Harvey's version of the staircase story? 

Because Franco's a disgusting waste of human space, and I would believe he'd push another kid down the stairs.  

Seriously, pushing a kid down the stairs is one of the least horrific things he's done

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Oh, I'm not defending Franco here - not for a minute.  I just think Sam wasn't the brightness bulb on the tree when she so quickly believed that story.   Franco can still be evil - and she can be kinda dumb about what she chooses to believe. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

I think maybe FH had a few sardonic thoughts about LW's forty year old boyfriend playing her son, but otherwise, I think she's probably game for it. The scene where she was talking to Faison's body had some of her best material in a while. From a show/character history it's iffy but from an acting standpoint she's probably fine with it.

• Love 3