Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Linny said:

"But why do you even care? Last time I checked, Mike wanted me with Brenda." DAMN, Sonny, that's hitting Carly where it hurts. I live for these fleeting moments that create weakness in Carly's armor of superiority. Mike's breakdown over Rita was pretty brutal. Poor guy has lost his companion, is slowly losing himself, and is unlucky enough to have an insensitive ass like Sonny for a son. I can't believe he really thought Mike would be okay in an apartment by himself.

I'm rolling my eyes at how effortlessly Anna's midwife was able to procure information about the birth, but I'm glad we settled the matter of Peter being Anna's child. Peter and Maxie are still working for me; there's an ease and a sincerity to their conversations, and I can understand why Maxie would open up to him.

Jason is so fucking boring, y'all. He walks around stoicly and spouts glowing shit about Carly, that's his day. This guy is in the middle of a love triangle that's not compelling at all, because he's a perfectly composed saint at all times. There's no resentment, jealousy, or pettiness at seeing Sam with Drew. Jason always being the good guy is such a detriment to the storytelling.

It seems like a red herring.  Why prime everyone to believe Peter was Anna's, only to make the baby a girl and then make the girl a lie?  It seems like there's a reason they didn't cast an old lady as the midwife and chose her "daughter" instead.  It seems super soapy to have had the midwife raise Anna's daughter as her own.  The actress seemed much better than the typical day character, which makes my suspicion stronger for me.  Plus, the midwife looked like a young Anna, which would be a strange coincidence.  She looks more like Anna's daughter than Robyn does.  Do we have twins again?  The woman could have gone and written that letter to Anna herself.  

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What's the best way to follow up a St. Jasus episode?  A St. Carly episode, of course!   If anyone needed proof that Jason is brain-injured, it's his glowing testimonial about how wonderful Carly is. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't Carly against Hannah because Sonny was interested in her, not because of AJ?

Could Michael get any stupider?  I know 7 year olds who are savvier than he is. 

Poor Drew.  He's about to get hit by a ten ton truck because Sam is as stupid as Michael.  I did like how he included his family beyond Sam and the kids as things he's grateful for.  If Sam leaves him, can he keep custody of Scout?  Ruining Danny's life for the hitman who will always put Carly and her kids ahead of Sam and his own should be enough.

Peter and Maxie are working for me because it seems like Peter is trying to make up for taking Nathan away from Maxie and the baby rather than because he has the hots for her and for Maxie because she doesn't have anyone else to open up to who isn't going to go hysterical or doesn't have time for her (Sam).

I think Max Gail is really doing a good job.  I know Ron Hale is Mike for many people here but I don't know if he could have done it as well.

Another example of really hard to play is when they write in an actress's pregnancy but have her miscarry the TV baby. One of the soap operas did that, I can't remember which right now. And Caterina Scorsone on Private Practice had to play finding out her was growing without a brain, deal with that on the show, and then delivered her own child afterwards.

Didn't this occur with the actor who portrayed Sabrina?  I think it also happened to Sarah Drew who plays April on Grey's Anatomy, but rumor was she requested the story line.

• Love 2

What is the show trying to do with Oscar and Josslyn? Not too long ago many of us were speculating that Oscar is secretly gay or the transgender kid who was beaten and bullied on the school grounds. Now the young man has noticed Joss's figure in her inappropriate couture dress and maneuvered her into a dark corner to make out. Joss herself is growing up too fast for her age, but proud mama Carly can't wait for the good stuff to start for Joss.

Even at 14 or so Joss is robbing the cradle with Oscar, and the couple is ludicrous.

• Love 1
On 3/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, dubbel zout said:

Also, is it supposed to be a shock that Sam and Jason still love each other? They were married; they share a kid. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. What matters is what they decide to do about all of this.

I'm glad they had Joss realize she was an asshole to NuCop.

A) Agree. That scene played out like Sam verbally acknowledging how she was reacting when Burton's Jason returned.  I thought it was pretty clear that she knew right away he was the real Jason, and still loved him when she looked at him, but is  *in love* with Drew and is happy with the life they've been building together.  Every scene shows they have history and can read each other well, that she still feels love/attachment to him and is relieved he is alive, and that she didn't want to hurt Drew by saying immediately, "Listen, I'm completely in love with you, but you're not Jason. He is." Jason seemed to understand that what Sam feels for him does not lessen what she feels for Drew, and how much she values their life and their child together. The interesting thing to me was that the actress plays her scenes with Miller like Sam constantly wants to kiss him, whereas I didn't get the sense at all that Sam was fighting an urge to kiss Jason - even after they've just had that physical danger/big crisis moment that is reminiscent of the "ride or die" life she had with him. 

B) Agree. That shows maybe there is still hope for her not to continue behaving like her mother into adulthood.  I wish Alexis had seen her behavior, and said "Josslyn, word of advice: If you want respect from people as you grow up, perhaps it's better to follow your father's example of behavior rather than your mother's. All of this carrying on is not a good look." 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Even at 14 or so Joss is robbing the cradle with Oscar, and the couple is ludicrous.

What do you mean by robbing the cradle?  They're the same age.

i think they're cute but boring.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Seems to me the audience feels how strange it is for Sam to want Jason now after telling Drew so often that they are a couple that's working. Sam is a liar who lies. She's betraying her kids' best interest to take up with a killer. It's a parallel to stupid Liz, who is also exposing her children to a killer. What a terrible message to give to impressionable people who watch this show.     

It's time for the ladies to taste the wakeup call of lost custody and confused kids acting out in rebellion and troublemaking, firestarting and running away from home.                                                                        

Carly never had the state remove Josslyn from her custody after her first child was shot in the head for being near Sonny, and her second child was (as far as we know) killed by a bomb meant for another Mobster.  If she can keep Joss after almost marrying Franco and re-marrying Sonny yet again, Sam doesn't deserve to lose custody for a conversation with Jason.  Liz has exposed her children to both Franco and Jason; she needs intervention from her isolation and also to get real friends. The writing for Liz is so abysmal. UGH. Jake already acted out, and the end result (due to Sam's stupidity, actually) was Liz's house blowing up. 

• Love 2

Is it in LW's contract that Carly has to get a tongue-bath from Jason once a week?  Sheesh!  "Carly has made mistakes and she owns up to them (Me: Are you fucking kidding me?), but she also has great instincts so you should listen to her" (Me: drinks poison for the sweet relief)

Gotta love his re-configuring of Hannah Scott, too.  Yeah, she ended up being a fed, but Carly hated her because Sonny was banging her, not because she knew she was trying to put him in jail. 

• Love 14

Seems to me the audience feels how strange it is for Sam to want Jason now after telling Drew so often that they are a couple that's working. Sam is a liar who lies. She's betraying her kids' best interest to take up with a killer. It's a parallel to stupid Liz, who is also exposing her children to a killer. What a terrible message to give to impressionable people who watch this show.     

It's time for the ladies to taste the wakeup call of lost custody and confused kids acting out in rebellion and troublemaking, firestarting and running away from home.                                                                        

It depends on the audience because I have a good amount of friends who still watch the show just so that we all can complain about it together and they are rejoicing that Sam hs finally left dull and boring Drew and has fnally admitted to her true feelings for Jason because some of them have been long-term Jason and Sam fans and they really feft jipped when Steve left when he did so they're happy and they are ready for Sam to drop Drew and hop back into bed with Jason as soon as possible.

If I had my way I would have buried Sam and Jason and Drew under the rubble and left them there because they add nothing to the show anymore I don't know what appeal they're supposed to have other than being people staring at a screen and not showing any kind of a real emotion. They act like children dumb immature stupid children and it's boring and it always ends up worse than you think it's going to when they start doing stupid s*** so I'm over them way over them. Sam can have Jason or Drew or they can share her or they can swap I don't know or care what thy do but all three of them really deserve each other because I I don't think anyone else in the show deserves to be saddled with such bad actors and characters. Well Carly and Sonny being the exception but they should just be alone anyway.

Morgan was one effed up kid for sure but I still would pick him to be hanging around instead of Michael. I don't like the guy who plays him now I don't think I ever have I don't think he's very talented or engaging and he's boring. I would even bring back the red-headed kid at least he played Michael with some fire and something that resembled a person. Michael is way up on my hit list of characters I wish we just go away and rot somewhere and stop getting together with stupid shrews that remind everyone of his f*cked up mom.

Sonny is the shittiest and selfish son that no one deserves. Any real caretaker would take one look at Sonny and how he acts around Mike and ban him from ever having contact with him for all the right reasons because he is like a cancerous tumor that is only going to make things so much worse and not better. He only cares about himself and he only sees how everything is affecting him and how it's so hard on him and how much he is struggling and it's so typical of him to be that self-absorbed I just hate it and I hate him.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Carly never had the state remove Josslyn from her custody after her first child was shot in the head for being near Sonny, and her second child was (as far as we know) killed by a bomb meant for another Mobster. 

Joss was born after Michael came out of his coma and Morgan stole a car that happened to blow up. Jax did try to adopt Morgan after what happened to Michael, but Morgan didn't want that.

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gotta love his re-configuring of Hannah Scott, too.  Yeah, she ended up being a fed, but Carly hated her because Sonny was banging her, not because she knew she was trying to put him in jail. 

Carly didn't like Hannah the moment that she first met her. Plus Hannah was the worse undercover agent, it was so obvious that she was lying. Carly didn't have a job and hated being married to AJ. She had nothing better to do than investigate Hannah and she found the proof of Hannah's lies.

• Love 1

I'm behind many episodes, but I just have to say what a hideous dress Kiki has on for the wedding.  I hope it is ruined beyond repair in the coming earthquake.  It looks like a flapper/stripper outfit, made even worse pairing it with black nylons.  

• Love 8

"Your mom's learned enough from her life that people can learn from their mistakes, they can change..."  Since when has Carly ever learned from her mistakes or changed? Oh, Jason.

57 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Plus Hannah was the worse undercover agent, it was so obvious that she was lying.

She was so bad. She might as well have had "I'M A FED" plastered across her forehead. That was another character who was doomed from the start.

7 hours ago, Linny said:

"But why do you even care? Last time I checked, Mike wanted me with Brenda." DAMN, Sonny, that's hitting Carly where it hurts.

Ouch, but wow, what an assholish thing to say vis-à-vis Mike. Sonny is being a petulant brat. He has limited time left with his father and he selfishly (so, entirely in character) thinks only about how he feels. But he's able to choke out telling Mike to stay with them. Ugh.

6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know how anyone heard anything in the Andre Anna scenes over the maudlin violins.

I know. Then when the midwife came back to give Anna the information, the piano went into overdrive.

I kind of feel like Monica is punking Michael and Carly by being so accommodating to Nelle. I don't doubt Monica genuinely wants Nelle to be healthy and all of that, but she also must enjoy the fact it needles Carly. Does Monica know Michael doesn't have any romantic feelings for Nelle?

Previews: Sonny is yelling at Mike. Of course.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of feel like Monica is punking Michael and Carly by being so accommodating to Nelle. I don't doubt Monica genuinely wants Nelle to be healthy and all of that, but she also must enjoy the fact it needles Carly. Does Monica know Michael doesn't have any romantic feelings for Nelle?

Michael told Monica when she invited Nelle to view the results of the Mayoral Election, that he while appreciate what Monica is doing, he doesn't want Nelle to get the wrong impression about his feelings. Which are not the same as what Nelle wants.

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Didn't Sonny propose to get a caretaker for Mike though? Maybe Mike should stay in P.C., but right in the house, I think that's naive of Carly. 

Sonny has at least one guest house on the grounds that would be a good place for Mike and a caregiver. The set itself is now Alexis' house, but I doubt it was so beloved that the audience will freak out if a new set takes its place. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

What do you mean by robbing the cradle?  They're the same age.

i think they're cute but boring.  

Oscar, like a lot of boys that age, has not developed physically into a man as much as Josslyn has developed physically into a woman. Even if they are the same chronological age, they aren't developmentally even. So they look weird to me and mismatched. Look at Oscar's skin. I don't think he shaves yet. It really jarred me when he was dragging Joss off to neck in privacy. He looks a lot younger than Joss, as if she is robbing the cradle.

• Love 1

Yep That shower scene of Franco and Liz at the hospital was actually bizarre and definitely selfish. I would have loved to see Amy or Dr Obrecht walk in and catch them and--no pun intended--"dress them down".

• Love 2

Ned was doing pretty well as the new mayor trying to get FEMA to cooperate and announcing shelters around the city and coordinating with the firefighters, emergency crews, and the police commish. His grandfather and grandmother and mother would have been proud to see him swing into action. I'm worried about Aunt Stella still being missing however. Couldn't Jordan have let him go on a special mission to the neighborhood to find the lady? It's not like a lot of people and the press knew Curtis was in jail just when the earthquake hit.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TV Mercenary said:

Morgan was one effed up kid for sure but I still would pick him to be hanging around instead of Michael. I don't like the guy who plays him now I don't think I ever have I don't think he's very talented or engaging and he's boring. I would even bring back the red-headed kid at least he played Michael with some fire and something that resembled a person. Michael is way up on my hit list of characters I wish we just go away and rot somewhere and stop getting together with stupid shrews that remind everyone of his f*cked up mom.

CD's an okay actor but at this point is batting zero in the romantic chemistry department. Although I wouldn't go so far as to getting back the actor who played young Michael.

I'd let Michael be a playboy for a while.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know if that's true; he said today that the thought of something happening to Nelle and the baby scared the hell out of him. But Monica doesn't come across to me like she is trying to matchmake Nelle and Michael in any case.

Oscar, like a lot of boys that age, has not developed physically into a man as much as Josslyn has developed physically into a woman. Even if they are the same chronological age, they aren't developmentally even. So they look weird to me and mismatched. Look at Oscar's skin. I don't think he shaves yet.

Well sure, but I'm pretty sure Michael doesn't either. Okay, fine, maybe like once a week. I do think Joss looks older than her age though, so yeah, she and Oscar do seem a little weird.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Carly didn't like Hannah the moment that she first met her. Plus Hannah was the worse undercover agent, it was so obvious that she was lying. Carly didn't have a job and hated being married to AJ. She had nothing better to do than investigate Hannah and she found the proof of Hannah's lies.

Also, Hannah really touched the third rail early on: she appeared to be interested in Jason. Carly saw her cozying up to him at Luke's club and just lost her damned mind over it.  Sarah Brown played that version of Carly so well: not really having a leg to stand on anymore, raging over it, and trying to make people do what she wanted just by force of will.   

Initially Hannah was kind of cool to Sonny...which may have been, in story, part of the undercover plan. Look like Brenda, be all about Sonny's BFF/enforcer, thus getting seen by him a lot, but play hard to get. I even remember Sonny saying to Jason, "She really likes you!" kind of jealously.  

Carly's interest in Sonny developed a little later. Hannah had been on the canvas for several months when Hate Sex happened.   

Anyway, I'm not liking all this unearned Carly praise lately. A couple weeks ago, Jason reassured Carly that she's better than Nelle (whom he barely knows) because Carly learns from her mistakes. Even if we accept that that's true, shouldn't Nelle get about 15 or 20 years of screwing up and opportunities to learn so that she can be absolved like Carly has? The appropriate comparison would be between Nelle today and Carly in her early twenties. And that shit wasn't pretty.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Anyway, I'm not liking all this unearned Carly praise lately. A couple weeks ago, Jason reassured Carly that she's better than Nelle (whom he barely knows) because Carly learns from her mistakes

I am still waiting to see how (or if) long of a break the writers provide for Jason to continue to extol the virtues of Carly after he learns that this evil woman is an accessory to the murder of his brother in cold blood.

It seems like so much effort of this show goes towards redeeming horrible characters who earn their keep doing horrible things.  It's one thing bring in an evil person for a brief time to do something bad (e.g., big bad developer).  Imagine this show without all the time allotted to the Corinthos, Franco and Jason. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5

I didn’t mean that Monica wants Nelle and Michael together when I said she was punking him and Carly.  I meant more that she knows Carly, especially, doesn’t like Nelle, so Monica is being extra solicitous, knowing it makes Carly crazy.

• Love 2

Plot tool idea.

All the women on GH join a book club for some reason and after some summary book discussion, they sip some more wine and cut loose with life advice. 

"Shut up and grow up, Maxie. Genetics don't work that way"

"Honey, He is a serial killer. Not a joke, an actual serial killer, and you have a kid"

"Neens, you are 50. Ain't gonna be no baby from your uterus. Here is a contact email for an Eastern European adoption charity"

"Honey, you are still pretty, and he is a drunk semi literate 2nd rate gangster"

• Love 6

Franco kicking open Scotty's hospital room door to start yelling at him before, apparently, he had even checked that he was okay made me murderous.  I wish Lucy or, even better, Serena had been in there visiting and slapped Franco's face off.

I mean, what is there even to say anymore.  Franco is a whiny SERIAL KILLER, Liz is a pathetic doormat, their romance is sickening, lather, rinse, repeat.

Nina, it's been asked and answered, by my girl Britt and by Dr. Lee.  You.  Can.  Not.  Get.  Pregnant.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Franco kicking open Scotty's hospital room door to start yelling at him before, apparently, he had even checked that he was okay made me murderous.  I wish Lucy or, even better, Serena had been in there visiting and slapped Franco's face off.

I mean, what is there even to say anymore.  Franco is a whiny SERIAL KILLER, Liz is a pathetic doormat, their romance is sickening, lather, rinse, repeat.

Nina, it's been asked and answered, by my girl Britt and by Dr. Lee.  You.  Can.  Not.  Get.  Pregnant.

I am now very uncomfortable with Nina getting herself so invovled with Maxie and her baby's progress. Run, Maxie, run as fast as you can. 

Liz, please stop attempting to force the people Franco has hurt to forgive him and move on for her and Jake's sake. It's beneath you and I don't even like Liz. But as a rape victim it's even more disgusting that she discounts what Franco did to Sam because there was a TUMOR! I wish Jason or anyone would be allowed to call her out on that.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
(edited)

So because they can't dirty up their precious three once again they will use Elizabeth as the scapegoat.  If she's not pathetic for Franco, she's pathetic for the trifecta of suck.  Becky is too good for this ish.  

edit:  Drew actually isn't too bad.  

Edited by melody16
  • Love 6

OMG, are we seriously doing another round of The Art of Eavesdropping and Learning Secrets featuring Liz? I cannot deal with her inserting herself into another situation that really is none of her business. If she uses this as leverage to get everyone to play nice with Franco, I'm going to scream. Her inability to absorb Jason's honest feelings about Franco and instead demand Jason to see Franco as redeemed is just maddening to me. It's a pretty huge deal for Jason to say he's accepting what happened and is moving on without retaliation, but apparently Liz won't rest until he's acknowledged Franco's supposed salvation. I'd like to know why, if Liz is so confident of Franco's worthiness, she needs everyone else's validation of her belief. It's nauseating watching her push Jason for a forgiveness he's clearly not ready to give.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Linny said:

OMG, are we seriously doing another round of The Art of Eavesdropping and Learning Secrets featuring Liz? I cannot deal with her inserting herself into another situation that really is none of her business. If she uses this as leverage to get everyone to play nice with Franco, I'm going to scream. Her inability to absorb Jason's honest feelings about Franco and instead demand Jason to see Franco as redeemed is just maddening to me. It's a pretty huge deal for Jason to say he's accepting what happened and is moving on without retaliation, but apparently Liz won't rest until he's acknowledged Franco's supposed salvation. I'd like to know why, if Liz is so confident of Franco's worthiness, she needs everyone else's validation of her belief. It's nauseating watching her push Jason for a forgiveness he's clearly not ready to give.

I would forgive GH for an episode's worth of their sins if they had Kevin or someone ask this of Liz, and keep asking until they get a proper answer.

• Love 3
(edited)

Speaking of Kevin, wouldn't a more interesting, soapy moment have been Scotty grouchily thanking his frenemy Kevin for getting him to medical attention?

But no, Scotty apparently exists to be a mistreated talk-to for Franco. #haaate

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

Ugh. All this talk about Hannah Scott reminds me that the actress who played her (Lisa Vultaggio?) married JJ IRL.

I didn't realize that.  For some reason I was thinking that there was a pretty large age gap there.  I looked it up and saw that there was 10 years, but I was thinking it was even more than that.

43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are we really going to go down this path again with Nina being nutso about babies and being pregnant?  Great. So what do we think, board?  Will she end up with a miracle pregnancy or go farther down the rabbit hole again and kidnap Nelle or Maxie's baby?  On a related note, if she does have a miracle pregnancy, I will be shocked that there will be 3 pregnant women on the show none of whom would be knocked up by Sonny.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Friz and Franco make me ill.  However, Franco sleazed his way into Elizabeth and Jake's life after that asinine lie and when she felt totally worthless.    Franco could have taken the place (sort of!) for big brother Steven Lars who should be out of prison, but that is another day and another story.   I could see Elizabeth bonding with Franco over their half-brother and art, but that's it and definitely no romance, ever!  Elizabeth after that asinine lie, would want to see the good in Franco, because she messed up big time.  

Elizabeth already stated that she would be questioning why she believed in Franco if it turns out that the tumor was not really the cause of his serial killing rapist ways.  Bottom line, Elizabeth wants to believe that her faith in Franco's tumor being why he was terrorizing and killing so many people.  Otherwise, Elizabeth allowed herself to be conned into having Franco in her and the boys lives.  Just my two cent opinion!

Damn.  FV needs to be fired.  We just had an earthquake and no deaths!  None.  Nina, Franco, Nelle, Stella, Amy, Valentine, Peter, Olivia, Leo, Julian, Kiki, Finn, Jim Harvey, Dr. Bensch, Kim (Dr. Lee can take back her old job) should have all died!  Alexis can hook up with Ned.

• Love 2

Why is Liz overhearing this conversation between Sam and Jason, now? This is like one of the things that I hate the most. 

And these Franco conversations need to stop. I don't understand how she can stand there while Jason is telling her about Michael's rape and Sam's assault and not feel like total trash. 

But I guess Drew is about to become available, so if there ever was a time to leave Franco, if they don't want Liz to be single because god forbid women are single, successful and happy and fulfilled that way, then I guess it's time for her to just pounce.

• Love 1

Well, I think I have a better understand of why I dislike Franco so much.  When he's with Elizabeth, he's just so blah.  Blah, blah, blah.  So boring and needy and, dare I say it, simply pathetic. 

That being said, Elizabeth can't force Jason to see that Franco has been redeemed/it was the tumour that made him do it all/he's a changed man.  Jason saw what he saw, felt how he felt, and if he can't forgive then that's just fine.  Elizabeth needs to accept that everyone's experiences with Franco are different and she can't expect everyone to see him the way she does.  Although I still don't understand why she couldn't tell Jake that Jason saved Franco. If she wanted Jake to be closer to Jason, you'd think telling him this would be a step in the right direction.

MB SUCKS at this Alzheimer's storyline.  Max Gail should get a nomination for his work on it, and heck, LW is doing a good job with the material as well.  But all MB does is shout, and then sit in the chair and look "sad".

And finally, with respect to the whole "Franco shoved Drew down the stairs on purpose at the age of 3" thing - there's a reason 3-year-old aren't held legally responsible for their actions.  Because they don't fully understand the ramifications of them.  Because they are 3.  Heck, when my kid was 6 his goldfish died.  He wanted to leave the fish in the aquarium in case it decided not to be dead anymore.  Because he had never experienced death before, and was 6.  I'm really sick of the whole Drew/Franco thing.

• Love 5

I'm starting to think that Mike's story isn't MB's Emmy reel but LW's.  Sonny is just the worst in terms of dealing with Mike while Carly is just the perfect family.

I liked Nina warning Peter off, saying it's for professional reasons but really because she wants to keep him away from J's wife.

I like the scenes between Scott and Franco.  Both actors do over the top with relish and their scenes seem like they're having fun doing them.

Add me to the list of people who are over what Franco may or may not have done at the age of 3.  If Drew accepts Harvey's statement unconditionally that Franco is a born killer and will never change, especially after Franco just helped save his life, he's as big an idiot as Jason is.

SBu:  I can't change [pause, pause, pause] what Franco did ....      For a minute, I thought that Jason was actually developing some self-awareness.  Silly me.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

It's a pretty huge deal for Jason to say he's accepting what happened and is moving on without retaliation, but apparently Liz won't rest until he's acknowledged Franco's supposed salvation.

This is where we disagree. No matter what Carly and Jason himself think, Jason is not God.  It's not up to him to decide who deserves his retaliation and who doesn't.  Leaving Franco there to die would still have been murder even if Jason thinks he has the right to do it.

Jason has forgotten why Michael was in prison in the first place.  He, Carly and Sonny place the blame for what happened to Michael entirely on Franco and none on themselves for how they raised Michael and everything they forgave themselves for doing. If the show would hint that Jason's anger at Franco has part of it's origins in Jason's anger at himself, it might off some nuance but they'll never go there.

I'm not trying to say that Franco is blameless or even that he's a good guy although he's treated Jake well.  I'm just sick of Jason and his high horse of judgement.  What happened didn't happen to him it happened to Michael and Sam, and it's not like Jason hasn't done and is continuing to do heinous things himself.  If Franco's soul is black, Jason's is thunderhead grey.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is where we disagree. No matter what Carly and Jason himself think, Jason is not God.  It's not up to him to decide who deserves his retaliation and who doesn't.  Leaving Franco there to die would still have been murder even if Jason thinks he has the right to do it.

IMO, it isn't about Jason playing God. It is about Jason hating the man who sexually assaulted his then wife and terrorized them both as well as facilitated his nephew's rape, which Jason witnessed the immediate after-effects of. He is still pissed about that cause he never got to process his rage about that as others have. Jason doesn't have to be an upstanding citizen with a sparkling clean past to hate Franco for those specific reasons. Hell, Sonny killed AJ for less and gloated about it. I wouldn't just forgive and forget someone who sexually assaulted someone I loved and got the other one raped either. Obviously mileage varies. 

I am in the camp with the people that Jason doesn't to ever like Franco and Liz should not demand that of him. As a rape victim herself, she should be more understanding about why Jason feels the way he does but instead, the story is focusing on how Franco is brand new post-tumor so all that other stuff doesn't matter and they're doing that through Liz.

Also, is Jason still a hitman? I thought he was unemployed since he was resurrected?  I haven't been watching every day and FF all things Sonny so I may have missed something. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Franco kicking open Scotty's hospital room door to start yelling at him before, apparently, he had even checked that he was okay made me murderous.

At one point, it looked like Franco was about to punch Scotty's injured (leg? foot?) in anger.  Yeah, he's really a changed man....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Even if Nina could get pregnant, carrying the baby to term at her age is highly problematic.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I'd like to know why, if Liz is so confident of Franco's worthiness, she needs everyone else's validation of her belief.

Yeah, why does she care? Elizabeth should be glad Jason (or anyone else, for that matter) won't shoot Franco on the spot the next time he sees him. Take that as a win and move on.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

MB SUCKS at this Alzheimer's storyline.  Max Gail should get a nomination for his work on it, and heck, LW is doing a good job with the material as well.  But all MB does is shout, and then sit in the chair and look "sad".

Sonny is getting terrible writing. It's way too confrontational. He knows Mike is sick, but all he can do is berate him. I don't know why there hasn't been a scene where Sonny, Mike, and Carly sit down with someone—Griffin, Dr. Bensch, Epiphany, anyone professional—and talk about what to do. 

It makes sense that Carly is a more measured voice here, as it's not her father who's sick. But it's gross that Sonny can't make a basic human gesture of kindness toward his father when his father needs him the most. Sonny sucks.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

And finally, with respect to the whole "Franco shoved Drew down the stairs on purpose at the age of 3" thing - there's a reason 3-year-old aren't held legally responsible for their actions.  Because they don't fully understand the ramifications of them.  Because they are 3. 

True, but given that Franco became a serial killer, and has shown violent tendencies post-tumor, does paint that in a different light. The whole thing completely bores me, but the event does have some significance. Still, Elizabeth has forgiven Franco for everything else. Knowing what Franco did at 3 will not change that. That's one thing that makes me so aggravated about Franco insisting on keeping it a secret.

59 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Also, is Jason still a hitman? I thought he was unemployed since he was resurrected?  I haven't been watching every day and FF all things Sonny so I may have missed something. 

Jason has been busy doing other stuff, and Sonny hasn't needed anybody killed for a while. I'm sure Jason will happily shoot whomever Sonny needs shot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It's not up to him to decide who deserves his retaliation and who doesn't.  Leaving Franco there to die would still have been murder even if Jason thinks he has the right to do it.

I don't think Jason is thinking of it in terms of who has the right to murder, that Franco is bad and that he is good. He thinks of it as Franco super screwed with him and it's personal between them. It's not about good v evil for him, it's Jason v Franco.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Liz overhearing this conversation between Sam and Jason, now? This is like one of the things that I hate the most. And these Franco conversations need to stop. I don't understand how she can stand there while Jason is telling her about Michael's rape and Sam's assault and not feel like total trash. 

Well, she didn't have a comeback for Jason today so she may have. She may have just been upset that Jason still wants Franco to drop dead.

Franco is lucky though. If Jason (and Drew) stopped hating him, Liz would get bored with him and start dating Faison's corpse. "Don't you understand! Faison's changed!" "Uh, Liz? He's dead." "Exactly! Can't you see that's why he won't hurt anyone anymore?!"

Once again I must ask if Franco is 12. "Wah daddy! How you tattle on me to my girlfriend!" Seems like they got another hospital room set though.

Friggin Nina. I don't think she's taking Nathan jr though. I think cute nucop may be her son. Damn it.

Only on GH would someone introduce someone this way: "I don't think you've met Jason Morgan. He's the one who killed Faison."

(Also, re: her adding, "just not soon enough." Damn, Maxie, he tried his best!)

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Liz would get bored with him and start dating Faison's corpse.

EEwwwwww why?  Don't put that out there, You know someone going to think that's a good idea next time they want to fire RH and the fans won't let them.  "Oh you want your Elizabeth back, well let's have her date Faison in the Weekend at Bernie's send off.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

and kidnap Nelle or Maxie's baby?

If Maxie's baby turns out to be a boy, I picture Nina going wacky, thinking that it's Nathan.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I would forgive GH for an episode's worth of their sins if they had Kevin or someone ask this of Liz, and keep asking until they get a proper answer.

I think Gail Baldwin was Elizabeth's therapist after the rape? I know Lee passed away, but is Gail still alive? I would love for Gail to find out EIizabeth is engaged to Franco, then she runs into Elizabeth at the Nurses's Ball, and asks her if they can speak alone. Gail would be right to show concern for her former patient, with Liz's history of dysfunction with men and relationships ending, and now engaged to Franco. If Kevin joins as back up in a Liz intervention, even better. He has known Liz since she was a teenager as well, and could touch on how danger can be lurking in plain sight. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I know Lee passed away, but is Gail still alive?

She is.  We heard in the tribute episode from Serena that Lee and Gail retired to Florida.

ETA...oh, did you mean the actress?  That I don't know. 

Edited by TeeVee329
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Franco is lucky though. If Jason (and Drew) stopped hating him, Liz would get bored with him and start dating Faison's corpse. 

Silly ulkis, thinking a GH ubervillain is actually dead...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

On a related note, if she does have a miracle pregnancy, I will be shocked that there will be 3 pregnant women on the show none of whom would be knocked up by Sonny.

Hold your horses, now, Blanche.  If she winds up preggers, who knows who she might have hooked up with?  Sonny has the most potent little swimmers in all of Port Charles, so who better to turn to if you're 80 years old and want a bay-beeeee. . . . . . . . .

• Love 1

If the show cared about Liz, they would show her conflict about Sam, who talked Jason into saving Franco's life (good in Elizabeth's eyes) but is being dishonest to Drew (which is bad).  But the show doesn't care about Liz.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The whole thing completely bores me, but the event does have some significance. Still, Elizabeth has forgiven Franco for everything else. Knowing what Franco did at 3 will not change that. That's one thing that makes me so aggravated about Franco insisting on keeping it a secret.

If I were going to psychologically fanwank it, it's more about Franco himself than Liz. (Poor Elizabeth's role on the show seems to be endlessly propping doormat.) If he really did try to kill Andy when he was 3, then it wasn't because of the tumor and he really is a bred-in-the-bone sociopath and that's what Franco is scared of. Not telling Liz is just an excuse not to confirm it for himself.

Scientifically, the plot is ridiculous.  If Franco was what he's afraid of, his school reports and juvenile record would be full of incidents. He's not a good man but he's not what he's afraid of.  Until the show writes that he is.

5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

IMO, it isn't about Jason playing God. It is about Jason hating the man who sexually assaulted his then wife and terrorized them both as well as facilitated his nephew's rape, which Jason witnessed the immediate after-effects of. He is still pissed about that cause he never got to process his rage about that as others have. Jason doesn't have to be an upstanding citizen with a sparkling clean past to hate Franco for those specific reasons. Hell, Sonny killed AJ for less and gloated about it. I wouldn't just forgive and forget someone who sexually assaulted someone I loved and got the other one raped either. Obviously mileage varies.

You wouldn't kill him either.  Jason would.

Jason has no intention of processing his rage.  He likes his rage, it makes him feel superior and justifies his actions. He's barely forgiven the Quartermains for not being perfect after his accident.  He never questions whether his own actions caused a situation, he makes it the fault of the other person.  He's a lot like Sonny in those respects.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Jason is thinking of it in terms of who has the right to murder, that Franco is bad and that he is good. He thinks of it as Franco super screwed with him and it's personal between them. It's not about good v evil for him, it's Jason v Franco.

Yeah, that's the narcissism.  Sam and Michael aren't Jason's possessions, it's not Jason's role to punish the man who hurt them.  That's for Sam and Michael to deal with.

If anyone should be raging, it should be Drew who lost his entire life because Jason decided to become a hitman and who shares Jason's memories about Sam and Michael.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

If anyone should be raging, it should be Drew who lost his entire life because Jason decided to become a hitman and who shares Jason's memories about Sam and Michael.

Has Drew (specifically Drew, or even anyone involved in this situation) wondered even once how Faison came to find out about Andrew Cain (Quartermaine) in the first place considering no one knew Jason Morgan had a twin brother? Never mind that Faison was always Robert and Anna's enemy and never cared this much about Jason, but that is what the show is going with so we have to take it, for now. Where has Drew been all of his adulthood time? They keep saying he was a Navy seal and at some point in the last decade plus he (allegedly) conceived Oscar, but how did he end up frozen at Creighton-Clark and revived by Robin?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, tricknasty said:

This Alzheimers storyline is so sad. I sympathize with anyone who has gone through it or is currently experiencing it. Of course Sonny is being an ass about it.

He is, sometimes, but that's realistic. I'm almost glad Sonny is the one whose parent is getting this story, because with certain other characters, I don't think the writers would feel as free to portray the frustration that is part of the family members' side. They'd want to soft-sell that to protect the character. I can attest that nicer people than Sonny can be an ass about it. It's tough. You can't reason anymore. You can't use logic. You can't present facts and have them sink in and take hold like facts are supposed to do in a dispute. But it isn't like dealing with your child, where you know that it's going to get better with time. It's the opposite. 

They're doing a good job of showing how the severity can fluctuate like the weather. All the ground Max Gail/Mike covered in those scenes was realistic for someone in a mild/moderate stage. The overall story has felt a little rushed, but then again, we don't know for how long he's been showing subtler signs while living with Rita. That character, in the little we saw of her, didn't strike me as someone who would pick up on everything. Plus, I think the disruption in his routine and the shift to a now-unfamiliar environment was bad for him, although no one could have foreseen that.     

I do think someone involved has done decent homework, or has had a parent with this condition.  It's really heartbreaking when Mike tries to catch up, like, "Oh, what am I saying? Not Tammy. I meant Rita," and he doesn't even remember that they just went through all of this. I think he used some exact words that he'd heard earlier (about this not being what Rita "signed up for"), and thought they were his own.  

I liked the Friday episode overall.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I have to admit that I missed most of the Franco years. Mainly because I have a strong dislike for James Franco. I did read up about some of the GH I missed while I was gone.  I thought that Franco paid the guy to protect Michael not rape him and he didn't rape Sam but drugged her and made her think that he did.  I keep seeing that he's a rapist who did he rape.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Has Drew (specifically Drew, or even anyone involved in this situation) wondered even once how Faison came to find out about Andrew Cain (Quartermaine) in the first place

The story Faison told was that he shot Jason and gave him to Helena (she wanted to program him to be her own soldier boy).  But Jason being brain damaged couldn't be controlled or programed.  Andre was doing his mind mapping nonsens so they were looking for a candidate to transfer the memories into, to make thier own Jason.  Faison was looking at Navy Seal photos (as one always does!) and saw Jason's face on Drew's body.  So he grabbed Drew, did the brain mapping.  Jason was kept in the Russian clinic.  They've never explained how Drew ended up "dead" and needed to be revived by Robin.