Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I cannot wait--CANNOT WAIT--until Sonny and especially Carly find out Ava saved Jason.  The shit-fits they're going to throw are going to be epic.

For the paperclip? They will minimize it easily as the Russian priest actually did more to help Jason. Now if Jason is still grateful to Ava after he finds out from Sonny and Carly what they feel about Ava and how she played a part in Morgan's death, that would be the litmus test.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Franco getting all self-righteous that the Quartermaines will bring the hammer down on poor Besty who, let's not forget, helped Franco hide Liz's kidnapped newborn son sans brain tumor or "Just kidding!" DVD's.

I sort of get Franco's worries about Betsy, as she's vulnerable in a lot of ways the Qs aren't. (She's no Irene.) There isn't much point in going after her now. I also, selfishly, never want to see Betsy again, no matter who plays her.

• Love 2

This doesn't have anything to do with the storyline but....what the hell did they do to Becky's hair in that clip!!!!!

They may trash her all over the place in the storylines but she usually looks amazing at least. It's all teased and sprayed or something? Was her hair outdoing Franco's hair or something? Free Liz from the hair spray! (And Franco)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I sort of get Franco's worries about Betsy, as she's vulnerable in a lot of ways the Qs aren't. (She's no Irene.) There isn't much point in going after her now. I also, selfishly, never want to see Betsy again, no matter who plays her.

I would get being concerned if Edward was still alive, or Alan, or if it was Tracy's child that had been kept from her.  But who does Franco think is going to care enough to go after Betsy?  That's not Monica's style at all and it's not like Ned and Dillon are going to really care.

I just find the writers' need to portray the Q's as these evil rich overlords who could crush anyone they targeted - and thus whatever mob bosses and snarly shrews and SERIAL KILLERS do to them is A-OK - kinda ridiculous as the show has spent years robbing them of their power and importance on the canvas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I wish there was a way they could make Billy Miller the original Jason Quartermaine and Steve Burton Drew and Jason Morgan. After the car accident with drunk AJ when "Jason" awoke with no memories, it was because Helena switched comatose Jason with Drew because...reasons. So the mob-loving Jason with ties to Sonny and Carly is really Drew and the family-loving Jason who puts his wife and children first is the original Jason Q. That way both characters have a history with the show and ties to the canvas.  I'm sure I am forgetting some huge obstacles that would prevent this story from working, but I would like it. 

Edited by BlueberryJane23
  • Love 8

The Qs have been so defanged and depopulated that to make them some sort of supervillain is ridiculous. Any reaction to all of this nonsense Ned or Dillon might have will be nonexistent or offscreen. But I can see Franco thinking that Jason or Drew—or Sonny, even—might go after Betsy, so he wants to protect her. 

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But I can see Franco thinking that Jason or Drew—or Sonny, even—might go after Betsy, so he wants to protect her. 

But why then, in the dialogue, point a finger at the Q's en masse?  I just can't help but think it's in league with the retcon these writers inserted as part of the Tale of Two Jasons - that the Quartermaines are evil, baby-grubbing monsters.

• Love 2

The Qs are getting the focus because they are Jason's family, for better or worse. Even though Monica is the only one left from the time of Jason's birth and she's as big a booster of his as anyone. But I'm pretty sure most of this is because the writers are desperately trying to make this dumb retcon work.

• Love 1

Yesterday, because of the holiday (Happy Turkey hang-over day to all the Canadians btw)..Mr Blackie was home  so he was giving a running commentary on the episode and it was pretty funny .

I have missed a bunch of storyline lately but my most pressing question from yesterday is why were realJason's lips so pink?  and his eyes so bloodshot?  was he stowing away in the diesel engine room so he had carbon monoxide poisoning?

Today:  Looooved Molly's blouse, liked Alexis's blouse, Maxie's blouse....not so much.

Why did Alexis use the line that lunch is the same as dinner twice?  BTW where I grew up lunch WAS the same as dinner.

Maxie and Nathan have a land line???????

Really never missed SB.

• Love 2

Best line:  English guy to Jason:  Have you ever said a complex sentence in your life?

So Danny and Scout are at the Quartermaine's yet again.  Hopefully the plus side of this is that they will grow up without looking down on their paternal birth family

Maxie's shirt was all kinds of terrible.  Alexis needs to do up a couple of buttons on her shirt because it's a first date.  I can see her lack bra through the gap.

Kristina and Parker are all kinds of Ewwwww.  And Lexi Ainsworth plays Kristina like such a smug unpleasant person, there's no reason to watch any of this.  (That said, Alexis should not have opened a letter addressed to Kristina.)

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just find the writers' need to portray the Q's as these evil rich overlords who could crush anyone they targeted - and thus whatever mob bosses and snarly shrews and SERIAL KILLERS do to them is A-OK - kinda ridiculous as the show has spent years robbing them of their power and importance on the canvas.

It's like Valentin is the scariest Cassidine ever.  Or Sonny is the mob boss with a heart of gold, and Carly is brave&strong and Morgan was an angel who was killed by an evil woman (Ava).  It's all tell and no show.

2 hours ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

I wish there was a way they could make Billy Miller the original Jason Quartermaine and Steve Burton Drew and Jason Morgan. After the car accident with drunk AJ when "Jason" awoke with no memories, it was because Helena switched comatose Jason with Drew because...reasons. So the mob-loving Jason with ties to Sonny and Carly is really Drew and the family-loving Jason who puts his wife and children first is the original Jason Q. That way both characters have a history with the show and ties to the canvas.  I'm sure I am forgetting some huge obstacles that would prevent this story from working, but I would like it. 

.  I'd like to see that. But it won't happen because they love SBu and therefore his Jason must be the bestest ever.  Putting your wife and family first doesn't get valued on this show.

• Love 3

I can't with Man Landers, you guys.  Something that's essentially a fluffy B-story shouldn't piss me off this much, but oh it's so irritating.

Speaking of irritating, based on the previews, apparently tomorrow's episode features a memorial for Morgan.  You've been warned.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I'm 100% on Alexis' side, Kristina and Parker are all kinds of wrong. Even excusing the age difference and the power imbalance, the fact that Kristina so blithely quit school to have a chance with Parker is a huge red flag. Kristina's so immature for a woman in her twenties and absolutely isn't ready for an adult commitment.

Nathan, honey, there's a peephole on your door. Use it. If you see multiple iPhones pointed at the door, don't open it.

Can we just propel Jason through the PC wormhole and get him off this boat already? They're killing me by giving Huxley so much screentime. He's like Spencer plus 30 years and an accent and double the douchey pretentiousness. I don't get the significance of the watch he gave Jason but I'm definitely over these characters carrying around totems to stare at like they're the most important thing on earth. 

I get progressively more irritated every time it's mentioned that Danny and Scout are at the Quartermaines. They've been there for weeks and weeks, that's not a sleepover, it's a lifestyle. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis should not have opened a letter addressed to Kristina.

Was the letter addressed to Kristina? There was a check enclosed. (I thought Sonny was paying Kristina's uni fees?) What Alexis shouldn't be doing is making Molly break her confidences with Kristina.

Kristina did a better job talking about Morgan than Sonny and Carly did.

The actor playing Huxley is overdoing it SO MUCH. Dial it back, dude. Also: "A nonstop flight from St. Petersburg to LaGuardia"? LGA is not a long-haul airport, Show, and its international flights are limited. That's pretty easy to find out. Doesn't the PC airport go everyone one could ever want to go? 

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't with Man Landers, you guys.  Something that's essentially a fluffy B-story shouldn't piss me off this much, but oh it's so irritating.

It's so bad. It's also a very passive story. Nathan waits around for stuff to happen and reacts. Zzzzz. But look, diversity!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

They're killing me by giving Huxley so much screentime. He's like Spencer plus 30 years and an accent and double the douchey pretentiousness.

Someone on Twitter dubbed him British Spinelli, which also works.  Fuckin' Huxley.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Linny said:

I'm 100% on Alexis' side, Kristina and Parker are all kinds of wrong. Even excusing the age difference and the power imbalance, the fact that Kristina so blithely quit school to have a chance with Parker is a huge red flag.

YES. Also a huge red flag is that Parker DOESN'T CARE that Kristina gave up her education. She's just happy that there are no 'ethical' optics anymore. It really pisses me off that GH's first lesbian (I'm assuming) relationship is so predatory and unhealthy and full of problems and yet REAL issues like power imbalance are steadily ignored.

Just like the show is ignoring the very REAL dangers of random fans/strangers knowing where Maxie/Nathan live and are not only able to get into their building, but go as far as knock on his door.  Nathan is a COP, he KNOWS the dangers that can crop up in these situations and yet he's brushing it off and brushing MAXIE off when she makes it clear how unhappy this makes her. This fucking show.

• Love 10

Will Man Landers ever end?  I don't like Amy, I don't like the silly story..I just play a game online whenever that storyline comes on.  Ugh.  I'm tired of Alexis, too--she used to be a favorite back when she had a brain and acted like an adult, but the last few years she's just turned into a sad woman who constantly picks the wrong men and flips out because of it.

Why would Parker remember that it's Morgan's death date?  I only remember those dates if it's someone in my immediate family.  Maybe I just have no compassion for others.

Is Huxley's accent real, because it sound really fake.   However, for the first time ever, I kind of like original Jason because the way he stares at Huxley and you can almost see the thought bubbles saying "What is WRONG with you?"  That expressionless expression says it all (maybe what we're all thinking).

• Love 4

Ugh.  Who thought having SBu's robotic Jason and annoying blabber mouth Huxley playing cards for an hour would be must see tv needs to  be fired.  And I hate to ask because I literally don't care, but what is the significance of the stupid watch?  Was it Nikolas' that Huxley stole from and people will think that SBu is Nik?  

10 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Why would Parker remember that it's Morgan's death date?

I'm fairly certain there is a monument in various places around town (Perks, the local gambling joint) with a lifesize Morgan and the date of his death and all new citizens to the town, must be aware of it before they are allowed to move in. 

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Alexis should not have opened a letter addressed to Kristina

I assumed it was addressed to Alexis since it contained a refund check.  And you know Kris aint paying for her own education.  

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kristina did a better job talking about Morgan than Sonny and Carly did.

This is the only thing I appreciated.  It wasn't all "he would have cured cancer by now" but rather, "he was F'd up as am I and that's ok".

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ugh.  Who thought having SBu's robotic Jason and annoying blabber mouth Huxley playing cards for an hour would be must see tv needs to  be fired.  

And why would they continue to play after they both knew the cards were marked? 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nathan, honey, there's a peephole on your door. Use it. If you see multiple iPhones pointed at the door, don't open it

Right?  I thought that's what he would do the second time, but nope, just swung the door open.  Also is that a thing that people do nowadays?  Do they really stalk advice columnists homes?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Right?  I thought that's what he would do the second time, but nope, just swung the door open.  Also is that a thing that people do nowadays?  Do they really stalk advice columnists homes?

And isn't the column geared at men?  Weren't Mac and Spinelli among its readers?

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And isn't the column geared at men? 

The groupie chick that showed up at the station the other day, said something like, "Man Landers helped turn her husband/boyfriend/man/whoever into a better lover/person/whatever.  Yeah, I'm paraphrasing, but the point is that all the wimmins are happy because their men are being more attentive/wonderful with Man Landers's advice.  Plus, as DoubleZout said, Nathan is a hottie!!

• Love 1

How did the dingbat girls find Nathan's residence?  Cops almost always are unlisted/marked as private. Phones, white pages, etc. Why? Most don't want it to be super easy for a criminal or pissed off person to find them or their family.

I would kill to have Sonny and Carly run into a mourner of one of Sonny's victims. Putting a good ol' damper on their Morgan Memorial mood. If only AJ had a child that cared in the least about him. Or if AJ's mother could continually torment her child's murderer and his accomplice about their ill gotten freedoms.

Who on the writing staff thinks that it is perfectly normal for a troubled young woman to toss away her education for her older lover's career? Why the hell hasn't Sonny AND Alexis brought up the idea of Kristina seeing a therapist? Alexis comes from a not so mentally stable family. Sonny has bipolar issues. So did Morgan. Kristina has a history of troubled and abusive relationships. Her impulse control is pretty poor. She can't seem to concentrate on passing her college coursework.  Why not have them say, "you need to see a doctor?" to Kristina? 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Vella said:

YES. Also a huge red flag is that Parker DOESN'T CARE that Kristina gave up her education. She's just happy that there are no 'ethical' optics anymore. It really pisses me off that GH's first lesbian (I'm assuming) relationship is so predatory and unhealthy and full of problems and yet REAL issues like power imbalance are steadily ignored.

Yet another reason to hate this storyline.  Also I'm pretty sure that LA was standing on a box for that kiss since suddenly Kristina and Parker are the same height.

Kristina seems to have an emotional age of about 9.  She truly is Sonny's child.

• Love 6

Who on the writing staff thinks that it is perfectly normal for a troubled young woman to toss away her education for her older lover's career?

The same one who had the older lover be responsible for the younger woman's expulsion (which has much worse consequences) from Wesleyan last year?  Maybe it's the same one who has Kristina experiencing challenges in her coursework at PCU despite Kristina doing some time at Yale and Wesleyan?  The same writer who had this older lover (who left a permanent black mark on Kristina's academic/work record) happen upon Port Charles University out of all of the colleges in this country (alas, so few tenured schools) to be moving to the same city that the nationally renowned mob kingpin rules who is the father of the troubled young woman? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Still completely icked out by Kristina and Parker.  Someone kill that storyline.

It's mind-boggling that Kristina left school so she could date Parker. Parker wasn't questioning her decision too much, since it worked out to Parker's benefit. It's sad how Kristina is still spinning her wheels, ditching formal knowledge to pick up relationship knowledge from a predator like Parker. Kristina knows that she has well-off parents, however, so that makes up for her loss of learning and real personal growth.

• Love 2

Krissy dropped out of school to get laid?!  WTF is wrong with this show?  What kind of messages are they sending young people about personal responsibility and sex?!  

Maxie should have kicked Amy's ass by now.

JaSam and their hypocritical asses can leave town and not come back, because Mommy Alice and Granny Monica are on kid duty 24 x 7!

Elizabeth looked great, but it's too bad she's stuck romantically with that serial killing rapist.

• Love 5

Shouldn’t ManLanders be played by an under five? They’re having their contract player play this stupid storyline? Random screaming girls (twice) screaming at the sight of Nathan is beyond dumb. That said, Ryan Paevy has the perfect looking face. He really is a work of art. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Do colleges really give refunds on partially finished semesters?  Mommy and daddy paid for your spot in class, it's not as if PCU can fill it with another student at this point. 

Depends on how early in the season you drop the classes. But, by midOctober? Probably not

• Love 3
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

It's mind-boggling that Kristina left school so she could date Parker. Parker wasn't questioning her decision too much, since it worked out to Parker's benefit. It's sad how Kristina is still spinning her wheels, ditching formal knowledge to pick up relationship knowledge from a predator like Parker. Kristina knows that she has well-off parents, however, so that makes up for her loss of learning and real personal growth.

Alexis and Sonny need to get on the same page and sit Kristina down and tell her they love her more than she could ever imagine,  however, they will no longer financially support her irresponsible choices.  If they are paying for her rent, car, cell phone or are giving her an allowance, they need to stop.  She has failed, been suspended and dropped out of THREE colleges and she needs to get herself out into the real world and learn to support herself.  She needs to find her own job and not work for daddy or for Michael at ELQ.  Kristina needs to struggle to support herself in a low wage job so she can grow the hell up and stop being an impulsive and immature schoolgirl.  Sonny and Alexis need to let Kristina know she is not being banished and that they will always be there for her emotionally and that they are cutting her off for her own good.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Depends on how early in the season you drop the classes. But, by midOctober? Probably not

It all depends on when classes started. And I'm thinking PCU probably started after Labor Day. And if she quit a week or so ago, it could work out.

24 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Alexis and Sonny need to get on the same page and sit Kristina down and tell her they love her more than she could ever imagine,  however, they will no longer financially support her irresponsible choices.  If they are paying for her rent, car, cell phone or are giving her an allowance, they need to stop.  She has failed, been suspended and dropped out of THREE colleges and she needs to get herself out into the real world and learn to support herself.  She needs to find her own job and not work for daddy or for Michael at ELQ.  Kristina needs to struggle to support herself in a low wage job so she can grow the hell up and stop being an impulsive and immature schoolgirl.  Sonny and Alexis need to let Kristina know she is not being banished and that they will always be there for her emotionally and that they are cutting her off for her own good.

^^THIS^^ Why the hell is Kristina happy as clam to just end her education?  So that Parker can screw a troubled young woman without any hint of scholastic scandal. Sonny needs to tell Kristina no. She needs to be in school or else her gravy train ends with him. No easy Perks job. And Alexis needs to do the same. 

And if there was a smart writer on staff, the show to dive into Kristina's crumbling mental stability. Love don't pay her rent! And if the writer was one for karma, why not have Kristina become a stripper with a sleazy Sonny-lite as her boss. Hitting on her and pushing drugs/alcohol to self medicate. JUST LIKE SONNY DID TO KAREN WEXLER! BWAHAHAHA! 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, stlbf said:

And if there was a smart writer on staff, the show to dive into Kristina's crumbling mental stability. Love don't pay her rent! And if the writer was one for karma, why not have Kristina become a stripper with a sleazy Sonny-lite as her boss. Hitting on her and pushing drugs/alcohol to self medicate. JUST LIKE SONNY DID TO KAREN WEXLER! BWAHAHAHA! 

It would be the ultimate karmic payback if Scott Baldwin were the one to have Sonny meet him at the club so he can see the look on Sonny's face when he finds out what his little girl has been up to.  How many times has Sonny thrown it in Scott's face that Scott was not there for Karen.  Scott did not even know that Karen was his daughter at the time, but Sonny rubs it in Scott's face every chance he gets.  I think he does it to justify everything he did to Karen.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

If anything, they will go down the bipolar route AGAIN with one of Sonny's kids so that he can be the greatest dad ever who really gets his kids.  Then again, if it stops this repulsive Kristina and Parker the Predator storyline, I might be all for it.  I'm undecided.

• Love 2

So I was on vacation in Italy for the last two weeks. After reading some comments here I decided to just watch Monday and Tuesday of this week. When did Dr. Bench ask Alexis out? I might like them together if Alexis acts like an adult. 

And Liz is keeping another secret from Jason? Yeah because we all know how well the first one turned out. ::eyeroll::

after watching the Sonny and Carly church scene I didn't think it was as bad as everyone said. Sure it was dumb and we all know Morgan wouldnt become any of those things. But this was them fantasizing about what his future COULD have been. And they even laughed about it. Carly knew Morgan wouldn't join the peace corps. But it worked for me.

SBu certainly didn't waste time getting back into Jason Morgan mode. And as much as Trent Dawson's fake accent annoys me, I rather liked their scenes, especially when Huxley asked if Jason ever said a complex sentence lol!

The less said about Assman Lsnders the better.

• Love 7

It wouldn’t do any good. Sonny nearly blew up Kristina with a car bomb aimed at another gangster and it provoked no epiphany or self-awareness. Sonny is incapable of seeing his own hypocrisy.

(My phone autocorrected “gangster” to “hamster” up there and I almost left it. Sonny the Hamster amuses me.)

• Love 12

OK, let's see how this works:  Billy Martin's Jason will heretofore be known as Drew and was held for who knows how long by Helena Cassadine who just happens to have extensive Russian family connection.  Steve Burton's Jason will heretofore be known as JasonQ is currently being held in the Russian clinic by Valentin Cassadine or by the Russian Mafia in a soon to be realized action against Sonny,  Drew and JasonQ are previously unknown identical twins.  Drew looks like Billy Martin because he was hit by a car driven by Ava Jerome after Robin got him out of the clinic run by Helena Cassadine and had dropped him off at Sonny's doorstep where he was recaptured by the bad guys (Sonny none the wiser). 

Chrissy Corinthos-Davis looks and acts like a high school student -- totally sophomoric.  She has that 'I know what is best for me and it is whatever I want at any given time attitude' so dangerous in the teen years because it warps the ability to use actually logic in making decisions. 

I am so hoping that when Burton leaves again he takes Sam with him.  Enough of the tears and snot and whispers.

Here is an idea:  Huxley has a Russian connection or a Cassadine connection (either works for me).  The watch he manipulated Jason into taking after the poker game has a tracking device or some other non-watch function to keep tabs on Jason.  I think Huxley works for Valentine.  Remember, he conveniently kept Nicholas away from Cassadine Island until Valentin was in a position to act.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not. 

• Love 4

Is it my imagination or was Sam holding on to Jason like he was her Plus One at the annual Saturday Nite Streetwalkers Ball in their scene with Liz and Franco?  I have never been a Sam fan, even less since they glued her Jason and the Corinthos pack.  I have always found Sam to be more a caricature than a real character. Sam fills the Sami Brady role on GH. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, stlbf said:

I "love" (sarcasm mode) how Sonny and Carly will run up to whoever meets Ava the first time so that they can immediately tell them how horrible, and to ask the Falconeri about Kannie (who cares???), who "Ava killed". It would be appropriate to have Sonny reminded about Karen Wexler and Carly about sleeping with her mother's boyfriend (despite her "Idonwannatalkaboutthat").

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

It wouldn’t do any good. Sonny nearly blew up Kristina with a car bomb aimed at another gangster and it provoked no epiphany or self-awareness. Sonny is incapable of seeing his own hypocrisy.

Ava and Julian did that; didn't you get the retcon memo? They also caused Monica's cancer and Robin's HIV status, and they killed Stone.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

(My phone autocorrected “gangster” to “hamster” up there and I almost left it. Sonny the Hamster amuses me.)

I LOVE THIS!

44 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

Here is an idea:  Huxley has a Russian connection or a Cassadine connection (either works for me).  The watch he manipulated Jason into taking after the poker game has a tracking device or some other non-watch function to keep tabs on Jason.  I think Huxley works for Valentine.  Remember, he conveniently kept Nicholas away from Cassadine Island until Valentin was in a position to act.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Maybe not. 

And have Valentin back as the "playing a dozen moves ahead of everyone else" Evil Bad Guy? Love this.

Then again, the more I watch Huxley, the more I miss Coleman, who was sadly incarcerated for his part in the new Aztec Necklace Adventure, with applause from a haranguing Olivia Falconeri. Can we get him to rescue the Governor's daughter or something?

• Love 7