Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I continue to think that Billy Miller is too young to convincingly play Jason, much less AJ. (He really should have been Lucky. #beatingthatpoordeadhorse) I would accept him as a long-lost AJ son, with his mother being Julia Barrett or Nikki Langton or someone. This show has no investment in the Q's and an allergy to doing anything interesting.

• Love 7

Show, I don't care if Ned made a donation to dirty Mayor Lomax or a deal to do fracking, I will always buy him as more invested in ELQ, more experienced with ELQ and more knowledgeable about what is best for ELQ than freaking Michael Corinthos. 

Ned gave up his shares of ELQ for Olivia for some stupid reason.  At least Michael is thinking of growing ELQ (even though it's with the vile thug who murdered his dad) and Michael will be commingling legit business with mob money.  I expect nothing less than Sonny taking over ELQ.  The Q's ship has sailed.  It's the Corinthos family hour. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think BM is too old to be AJ's son. (I know BM is younger and he sometimes seems his age. But sometimes he seems older to me. So, to me, it would be weird.)

I don't think BM has ever managed to convincingly play Jason's age, let alone AJ's.  SK is 50, SBu is 47 and BM is 37 - the age difference between SK and BM is actually bigger than the one between LiLo/DZ and WK/JE

• Love 4

Was quite cranky that Lucy and Scotty showed up opposite Sonny and Carly (although Scotty telling Carly to "go fly a kite" was adorable), but at least the show rewarded me by putting them together and letting them talk re: Lee.

You gotta love (and by "love", I mean "hate") how the show already laid the groundwork for Sonny's leaving the mob not happening or being quickly reversed.  So pointless and dumb.

I see you, Valerie/Kristina kiss.  The Let Me Kiss You To Make Your Ex Jealous, But It Actually Sparks Real Feelings kiss is so classically soapy.

Sick of Jake's Franco-loving ass.  Go play with your brothers off-screen please.

• Love 5

Who knew there were enough lesbians in town to justify the Floating Rib having a lesbian night? It's a shame that Valerie's straight, because she and Kristina are a much better match than Kristina and Parker. The thing is, I get why Kristina has feelings for Parker, but I don't understand at all why Parker is still interested in Kristina after all this time. They're in completely different stages of life, have a huge discrepancy in life experience, and I don't see any burning sexual chemistry between them. What is the justification for reviving their pairing?

Can we skip over staring at that ugly painting and the discussion of its meaning and just get right to the bullshit conclusion? I don't need fucking anvilicious comments about brothers and old pictures from Franco's childhood. You know, I know, we all know that this ties in with Jason and Steve Burton's return, and whatever we're gearing up for is sure to be nonsensical and slapdash. I'm over it already.

Hated Carly popping champagne to celebrate Julian going to prison. She'd absolutely throttle anyone who did that to Sonny. 

Griffin and Ava continue to be my bright spot on this show, as they manage to not bore me or make my blood pressure rise.

• Love 8

Sonny has a code of honor, according to Carly. It must have been broken when he murdered his adopted son's biological father after promising him he wouldn't, and broken again when he cheated on his oldest son's mother with his middle son's girlfriend in the crypt of the man he murdered.

It's for the best that Franco never speak Aiden's name ever again. It's bad enough that Franco is living with the child he kidnapped as an infant, but I'd rather Cam/Aiden be physically and verbally invisible if the other option is Franco talking about him and Liz not smacking him upside the head.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

Who knew there were enough lesbians in town to justify the Floating Rib having a lesbian night?

Totally shallow male comment: the young lady tending bar while Kristina and Valerie were talking was quite...boobalicious.  The Floating Rib must know their clientele, lol.

• Love 1

how do kristina and val know each other? is valerie a lesbian now? 

ava and griffin are smoldering. does franco have a secret brother? is it going to be steve burton?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lor said:

how do kristina and val know each other?

They were buddies at the last Nurses' Ball.  Other than that, Valerie slept with Kristina's half brother, Dante.   Suddenly they're besties.

• Love 3

Sonny and Carly once again demonstrate how they have zero class and empathy.  "Hey Alexis, you know that Julian deserved what he got and we're just going to shove it in your face what a terrible person he is."

1 hour ago, lor said:

does franco have a secret brother? is it going to be steve burton?

It's probably going to be Billy Miller and Steve Burton will return as The True Jason.

Why, you hack writers?  You had a golden opportunity to make BM a missing Quartermaine and instead you tie him to Franco?  Are you determined to bore me to death?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Sonny has a code of honor, according to Carly. It must have been broken when he murdered his adopted son's biological father after promising him he wouldn't, and broken again when he cheated on his oldest son's mother with his middle son's girlfriend in the crypt of the man he murdered.

I wonder if Sonny's code of honor kicked in before of after he shot Carly in the head while giving birth, or maybe around the time he shot his son? How about when he drugged Karen or mindfucked Brenda* till he drove her mad? Was it before or after he had Jax thrown out of the Country or does that not count because he undid it? Is it a seasonal thing so it wasn't in effect when he fucked Carly's divorce lawyer? How about when he was in Robin's house waving his gun around looking to shoot his Enemy Of The Moment, Jax maybe?

Wow, that's some code of honor you got there Sonny.

*I can't even begin to list the ways he treated Brenda like shit.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Heather's already retconned the story of Jason and Franco's births a zillion times, what's once more! #eyeroll

I'm sure it will be retconned again; Heather has never been a reliable narrator. Maybe this will mean Scott won't get stuck with Franco as his son. Silver lining!

• Love 7

I can't with the Carly/Sonny hypocrisy at Julian's sentence.  If this show ever gets cancelled can the last scene be of their heads simultaneously exploding?  Enough with this bullshit about Sonny's honor and code.  

Also, it would be nice if Sam could pick a side and stay on it.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny and Carly once again demonstrate how they have zero class and empathy.  "Hey Alexis, you know that Julian deserved what he got and we're just going to shove it in your face what a terrible person he is."

I'll give Sonny some modicum of credit for showing Alexis some empathy for what she's going through.  At least he did seem to understand the mixed emotions she was feeling.  Unlike Carly, who was too busy being gleeful about it.  That said, their hypocrisy was indeed too much to bear.

That scene was only saved by Alexis reminding Sonny that his hands are as unclean as Julian's.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sick of Jake's Franco-loving ass.  Go play with your brothers off-screen please.

Well, it did give us the UCG, eye-rolling line of the day: 40-year old Franco saying, "I don't like to talk about my imaginary friend."

• Love 4

I can't believe (well this is GH so I guess I can) they're actually going to make BM Franco's brother.  And then they'll expect everyone to be so surprised by this twist! Well if you want to surprise us, maybe don't telegraph it for weeks/months on end. Poor Billy. 

Damn, Britney really put a lot into that kiss between a Valerie and Kristina! I could maybe get into Val being gay if they found someone else to pair her with. I just have no use for Kristina. But if they must go there, at least there was some chemistry between them.

Sweet Sam really needs to make up her damn mind. Either Sonny is the devil himself and a danger to her family or he isn't. And Jason, for someone who keeps claiming he's done with the mob life, you keep finding ways to stay in it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

Sorry if this has been addressed  before - is there word on when Steve Burton will be back?

My web search didn't turn up much.

He has been back filming at the studio in the past week or so.  I've seen a date of September 18th thrown around, but nothing definite.  My guess is it'll be sometime in mid-late September.  Supposedly the studio is dark this week and next.  They return to work on Monday, September 11th.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

He has been back filming at the studio in the past week or so.  I've seen a date of September 18th thrown around, but nothing definite.  My guess is it'll be sometime in mid-late September.  Supposedly the studio is dark this week and next.  They return to work on Monday, September 11th.  

Sounds good! Thanks Coffee Drinker.

Me likey SB. ?

58 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe Steve will be Franco's brother.

Maybe Steve will be BM's Jason's twin brother? Identical, before the facial reconstruction. Heather sold him too. Something happened to that family, so Heather/someone temporarily placed him with Ms. Franco as a some kind of foster parent until a new placement/paycheck could be found. 

That would be the easiest course of action. And it would make a modicum of sense.

Leave BM as a new family man Jason. Allowing SB to play a semi new character without the hassles of kids. And we can see if he would be interested in meeting his biological father's wife. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't with the Carly/Sonny hypocrisy at Julian's sentence.

Sonny's comment about Julian causing damage that can't be undone...ask Monica about that, you dick.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Damn, Britney really put a lot into that kiss between Valerie and Kristina

Girlfriend knows she needs to find a place for herself on the show and fast lol.

This is mean, but it tickles me that, after all the begging this fanatical fanbase of her/theirs did, Parker might only be back to set up this pairing with Valerie.

• Love 15

Michael taking his girlfriend to his father's love den is just fucking creepy. Even creepier, this isn't the first girlfriend he's brought there. Doesn't Michael have money? Let him take him to a place where his dad and mom, and his dad and several other women, have rolled all over the place.

• Love 6
On 8/25/2017 at 8:52 PM, statsgirl said:

Maybe Olivia will turn up at the prison with the papers.  If WdV has another appearance before he's gone.  I think they're pretty much done with Julian right now though.

Yes and yes.  First it was an accelerated med school program, now it's an accelerated pre med but she wouldn't need MCATs for that. None of this makes real world sense. The level of biology, physics, organic chemistry and math that she needed for her nurse's aide accreditation wouldn't be enough for med school.

A casual friend did get into a program a few years ago on her way to a second medical career, it combined the hard undergrad courses with med school.  However, it was for minorities, with a lot of handholding built in, and it stretched the hard classes over the summers with tutors for both undergrad and the first two years.

I have done some outside counsel work for a teaching hospital. US residency is a three (actually four) hurdle program. After 2 years of med school they take Step 1, then do clinical rotations, and take Step 2 (really two exams), then start residency, then take Step 3. Then a year after residency they take the Boards the first time.

A long time ago a friend got into a combined straight through program, but she was very smart, and I think combined it was still 7 years undergrad and the MD. I haven;t heard of one since.

• Love 1

I don't think Lauren graduated from college, did she? She dropped out of Vanderbilt just like Morgan did. So she's not playing catch-up just with the science classes; she needs to fulfill distribution and major requirements.

I'd buy the accelerated program if she at least had a college degree. Even for a soap, this is ridiculous.

"I lost a case." "Oh, alert the media." Snerk. Lucy knows Scott is not exactly the top lawyer in PC.

3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I'll give Sonny some modicum of credit for showing Alexis some empathy for what she's going through.  At least he did seem to understand the mixed emotions she was feeling.  Unlike Carly, who was too busy being gleeful about it.  That said, their hypocrisy was indeed too much to bear.

Color me surprised Sonny showed even a modicum of empathy. And LOL at Carly's self-righteous, "Sonny never held a knife to your throat, Alexis." Too bad Alexis didn't retort, "And Julian never shot me while giving birth."

I love how Sonny's idea of getting out of the mob is threatening to return if things don't go his way.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Kristina expects Sam to go "clubbing" (the local rib joint) with her the day she gets out of the hospital?  And is surly when Sam refuses to go.  Yep, Kristina's definitely Sonny's kid.

And Carly?  Smug much?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Sonny's idea of getting out of the mob is threatening to return if things don't go his way.

A  true mafia don.   Whose code of honour says that holding a knife to your wife's throat is horrible, but shooting her in the head while she gives birth is fine. This show will never change.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Lauren graduated from college, did she? She dropped out of Vanderbilt just like Morgan did. So she's not playing catch-up just with the science classes; she needs to fulfill distribution and major requirements.

Most schools don't need an undergraduate degree, just two years of undergrad with astronomically high marks and a ton of volunteer and medical-related work.

I don't know why the show is twisting reality to send Kiki to medical school; the hospital is just background and it's all about the mob in the end.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think BM has ever managed to convincingly play Jason's age, let alone AJ's.  SK is 50, SBu is 47 and BM is 37 - the age difference between SK and BM is actually bigger than the one between LiLo/DZ and WK/JE

Hard to believe that BM is only 37. He seems so much older. Not in a bad way but on Y&R he worked with Josh Morrow a lot and even he is older (at 43) then Miller. Billy Miller looks great as today's scenes of him jumping into bed Sam show but he does give an older vibe. I don't know why though. Added fact...Kelly Monaco is older then Miller. She's 41 & his twin Roger Howarth is 48. Jeez! Miller is younger then everyone. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Kristina expects Sam to go "clubbing" (the local rib joint) with her the day she gets out of the hospital?  And is surly when Sam refuses to go.  Yep, Kristina's definitely Sonny's kid.

Word.  Kristina sucks.  Maybe that's why she has no friends.

In other news somewhat related to that scene, why again did this stupid show make her and Amy 2.0 roommates if a) they never share scenes and b) we never see their apartment.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news somewhat related to that scene, why again did this stupid show make her and Amy 2.0 roommates if a) they never share scenes and b) we never see their apartment.

And, they didn't even look like they liked each other in one throw away scene that they had. Yup! She sucks.

• Love 4

Michael taking his girlfriend to his father's love den is just fucking creepy. Even creepier, this isn't the first girlfriend he's brought there. Doesn't Michael have money? Let him take him to a place where his dad and mom, and his dad and several other women, have rolled all over the place.

I don't think that is Sonny's island. Nelle had to go to Morocco for work and Michael is tagging along with some invented Q business to justify his trip.

And LOL at Carly's self-righteous, "Sonny never held a knife to your throat, Alexis." Too bad Alexis didn't retort, "And Julian never shot me while giving birth."

But it is not exactly the same thing. Sonny foolishly thought Carly was in danger from Alcazar and shot first without looking. Julian on the other hand was going to kill Alexis with the knife that killed her mother because she was working with the cops to gather evidence against him. They tried to explain it that Olivia was threatening him (which still doesn't make any sense) but he still went after Alexis using the knife that killed her mother.

• Love 2

Next up for Amy, she kicks cranky Kristina out and moves her brother in to the apartment. Then Krissy can mope around Sonny's and Alexis' homes. Or perhaps she can move into Dante’s and Lulu's home after driving Sonny nuts. Perhaps insisting on eating cheap frozen pizzas, pizza rolls, ramen noodles and burritos! Leaving a mess all over the house. Sonny kicks her out, but demands that Dante move her into Laura's old room. Since Sonny secretly paid to get them that house. I would actually pay to watch that happen. Seriously, how hilarious would it be just to watch bratty bitch Kristina go from house to house. Wearing out her welcome. Being a slob, entitled and irritating beyond belief. Molly outright refusing to let her sister live with her. Telling someone that she knows exactly how terrible a roommate Krissy will be to have. Now that can be a story!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Not to mention Kristina didn't tell Valerie it was lesbian night at the Floating Rib. Val wouldn't have cared, but at least give her a head's up so she knows what's going on.

8 hours ago, nilyank said:

But it is not exactly the same thing. Sonny foolishly thought Carly was in danger from Alcazar and shot first without looking.

For me, in this particular case, intent isn't important. Sonny hated Alcazar so much it he was always looking for a reason to shoot him. Carly going into labor conveniently provided that. If Sonny was genuinely concerned about Carly, he shouldn't have tried to shoot Alcazar when she was so close. But it was about Sonny, as always.

I'm not saying Julian holding a dagger to Alexis's throat is any better, just that I don't cut Sonny slack for trying to "protect" his wife.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For me, in this particular case, intent isn't important. Sonny hated Alcazar so much it he was always looking for a reason to shoot him. Carly going into labor conveniently provided that. If Sonny was genuinely concerned about Carly, he shouldn't have tried to shoot Alcazar when she was so close. But it was about Sonny, as always.

Pruza were such doofuses. They really thought Sonny was "protected" in that story because he burst into the room and all he saw was Alcazar standing over Carly, with Carly screaming, and he shot Alcazar and accidentally got Carly. It didn't even occur to them that people would find fault with Sonny for firing a gun near a pregnant woman, with no thought at all for his wife or his child.

Then they compounded the problem with that embarrassing (but characteristic for Sonny) scene in which Alcazar threw it in Sonny's face that he had shot his wife in the head while she was giving birth, and Sonny retorted that it was Alcazar's fault because a bullet meant for him passed through his body. (If he'd only been fat like AJ, tragedy might have been averted. ) We were supposed to watch that scene and think, "Ooh, checkmate!" 

Jumping ahead 15 years or so, I don't know how to feel about this Valerie/Kristina business. How cool that Valerie is okay with not only going to the lesbian night but kissing Kristina to make Parker jealous, but they'd never have written the same story back in the day with Lucas and a male character who had been written for years as enthusiastically straight. But lesbians are the gay characters who get "displayed." You'd almost think they were targeting this story to a straight male audience. Not that I think they can do justice to any gay characters, male or female.  

I read the posts above about how awful Kristina was in this episode to Sam, and since I usually hate Kristina, I was expecting to do so again. Surprisingly, I had no problem with her in that first scene, and for the whole episode she was low on the bug list...and I was watching it with my setting on crabby, so you'd think.

On the other hand, Griffin is really rubbing me the wrong way in this Ava story. He's saying the right things, but saying them too many times and sucking up all the air in the room with his goodness. It's excessive and a little creepy, kind of like Noah Wyle's character on ER used to be, where he seemed too into his own virtue.  

And...bad scripting alert. Not that that light ever goes off for long. There was something from Griffin about Ava always feeling that her worth was tied up in her beauty, and I was expecting the rest of the line to be that she needs to see that she's still beautiful, inside where a fire can't reach, or some such. Instead, he said something that sounded unintentionally harsh in the way it emphasized that now her beauty was gone.  

Sorry, every word and moment of this Lee stuff is baaaaaaaaad. I wish there were even less of it. They should have just had a "We remember" montage at the end of the first day and been done with it. Lynn Herring's dramatic/emotional reading of that letter was painful.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

We were supposed to watch that scene and think, "Ooh, checkmate!" 

I know!  Except, not. I was always Team Alcazar. I find Ted King atomically hot and so much more charismatic than MB.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

And...bad scripting alert. Not that that light ever goes off for long. There was something from Griffin about Ava always feeling that her worth was tied up in her beauty, and I was expecting the rest of the line to be that she needs to see that she's still beautiful, inside where a fire can't reach, or some such. Instead, he said something that sounded unintentionally harsh in the way it emphasized that now her beauty was gone.  

Yeah, that was too bad. I like that Griffin and Ava are challenging each other—Griffin telling Ava she's deliberately trying to push people away with her "jokes"; Ava telling Griffin she's some sort of project for him—but as always, the writing botches things up. I know an Ava/Griffin hookup is inevitable, but I wish it weren't telegraphed so baldly with Ava fantasizing about Griffin. I'd rather he be the one fantasizing.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

There was something from Griffin about Ava always feeling that her worth was tied up in her beauty, and I was expecting the rest of the line to be that she needs to see that she's still beautiful, inside where a fire can't reach, or some such. Instead, he said something that sounded unintentionally harsh in the way it emphasized that now her beauty was gone.  

But... she's not beautiful on the inside - she's Sonny on the inside. 

• Love 5

OMZzzzzzzzzzzz, Nelle's big secret is that she murdered someone?  And that's supposed to be shattering information that will ruin her relationship with Michael?  Michael forgave the man who murdered his biological father, and has taken two lives himself!

Also, Carly not wanting the goss on Nelle?  Bull.  Shit.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMZzzzzzzzzzzz, Nelle's big secret is that she murdered someone? And that's supposed to be shattering information that will ruin her relationship with Michael?  Michael forgave the man who murdered his biological father, and has taken two lives himself!

Was it a hobo? Did she work with Steven Lars somehow? And you know it's always different when a non-Corinthos (and a wimmins to boot) does something like that. The Corinthii are the only ones who can have any justification. There couldn't possibly have been a decent explanation for Nelle to kill someone. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Olivia has to be the most annoying character ever. Not a fan. And Ned still thinks her behavior is cute and worthy of a mildly amused sigh and eyeroll? Please.

And when did Bobbie become such a PITA? Give it a rest about being so judgy on Nelle. Um, didn't Bobbie used to be a prostitute? And I remember she faked being blind to get Dr. Noah Drake. Or something. 

If Nelle killed someone, it will be in self-defense or something. Yawn. Whatever.

This mob boss meeting. It's not supposed to be funny, is it?

Edited by seasons
  • Love 8

Olivia's quest to cook every Italian food ever is exhausting. Doesn't she ever just want a hamburger? I like Ned, and I want to like Olivia, but it feels like the writers go out of their way to make her as one dimensional as possible.

Flying to Morocco and taking selfies with Michael is the best day of Nelle's life? Time to raise the bar, honey. Carly looked like a creep staring at that picture for five hours. I'm not at all buying her change of heart regarding Michael and Nelle. Carly will take any chance she has to get information she can use to lord over someone.

Maxie has never met a conclusion she wouldn't jump to, so of course she assumed the worst of Nathan. Maybe now he'll actually talk to her instead of keeping this secret for no good reason. 

That slow motion sequence was so damn cheesy. I'm so glad Sam will have something else to feel guilty about and to cry over, because it's been a good 48 hours since I've seen Sam's cry face and I've almost forgotten what it looks like. 

• Love 9