Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not to sound like a broken record, but Sonny and Carly are seriously vile.  Sonny snarling at Ava to turn herself into the cops and confess.  Just like you did, you hypocritical dipshit?  And Carly sneering that Ava's face is now as ugly as her soul?  That's our bighearted matriarch, you guys.

Hey Val, if it was that easy to get a visitation order, maybe you should have done that first before leaping out from behind a tree.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 21

Alright, that's it, my burning hatred for Carly and Sonny has collapsed under its own intensity and I am now nothing but a black hole of overwhelming loathing. Yes, Carly, decide to "forget Ava" after you've dragged her through the mud again for old time's sake. Pat yourself on the back for antagonizing the woman who came to Morgan's grave to mourn, not to start shit with you. Clink glasses with Sonny and enjoy the view from atop your high horse, because "living well" for you means your abhorrent behavior is always justified and you are never wrong. Keep on calling Ava an ugly monster, when the only real monsters here are you and Sonny.

Awesome, Valentin has progressed from a blood war with a 12 year old to physical altercations with a grandmother in the middle of a park. This storyline is honestly one of the shittiest things GH has presented us with recently, and that's saying something.

Ava's face wasn't nearly as gruesome as it could have been. Despite what Sonny was saying about not wanting to see her healed, I do wonder how long it will be before she's fully recovered.

• Love 16

Here's what should happen: Morgan comes back but has no memory, he's also disfigured (recast) and is learning to heal. He and Ava meet, they're in the same boat, trying to heal and cope. They fall in love, Morgan is plagued by memories of an exploding car, Ava helps him. He gets his memory back, initially hates Ava's guts, but can't stand S&C and others going after her. Ultimately he forgives her, believes they both deserve a fresh start.  S&C heads explode. The End.

Anything to make S&C lose their heads. ANYTHING. Nelle&Michael just aren't doing it.

• Love 23
27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What judge did Valentin go to or pay off to get immediate temporary visitation and get to take Charlotte for three hours?

Lulu has temporary physical custody, but was it ever clarified it meant Valentin couldn't see Charlotte without Lulu's/the court's permission?

29 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

When Laura hauled off and slapped him, Valentin actually stepped forward like he was going to hit her back. Wonderful.

Laura shouldn't have slapped him in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, Linny said:

physical altercations with a grandmother

I know Laura is a grandmother, but really? It's not as if she's using a walker. She's not some helpless lamb. (Though she's been annoyingly passive, as I've complained about earlier.)

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What judge did Valentin go to or pay off to get immediate temporary visitation and get to take Charlotte for three hours? He is clearly a flight risk, why is his not supervised? I won't be surprised if he doesn't bring her back to Lulu's. 

When Laura hauled off and slapped him, Valentin actually stepped forward like he was going to hit her back. Wonderful. 

Why is he a flight risk?  He has zero pending criminal charges against him.  The reason Lulu's visitation was supervised at first was because Charlotte didn't know her from a hole in the wall and was freaked out by her baby rabies mentality.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not to sound like a broken record, but Sonny and Carly are seriously vile.  Sonny snarling at Ava to turn herself into the cops and confess.  Just like you did, you hypocritical dipshit?  And Carly sneering that Ava's face is now as ugly as her soul?  That's our bighearted matriarch, you guys.

Given as of now whatever LW did to her face gave her evil resting face, it's a little rich coming from Carly.

And yes, Sonny. First he talks tough to a 14 year old boy and now a burnt woman. Forget whether he's the romantic lead, there's our intimidating mobster.

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu has temporary physical custody, but was it ever clarified it meant Valentin couldn't see Charlotte without Lulu's/the court's permission?

I think that would require a restraining order, wouldn't it? Or a court order that Valentin is only allowed supervised visitation. Is that the case?

Look at us, trying to make the Port Charles legal system make sense.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

44 minutes ago, Linny said:

Alright, that's it, my burning hatred for Carly and Sonny has collapsed under its own intensity and I am now nothing but a black hole of overwhelming loathing. Yes, Carly, decide to "forget Ava" after you've dragged her through the mud again for old time's sake. Pat yourself on the back for antagonizing the woman who came to Morgan's grave to mourn, not to start shit with you. Clink glasses with Sonny and enjoy the view from atop your high horse, because "living well" for you means your abhorrent behavior is always justified and you are never wrong. Keep on calling Ava an ugly monster, when the only real monsters here are you and Sonny.

I'll confess: I'm relieved to see that others also think that Sonny and Carly have now proven they lack the bare minimum amounts of what could be called "humanity." The thing is, with the way the show is being written, I don't know if the writers think today's dialogue was a step too far or not. It certainly was for me. I'm not sure I want to watch a show where the apparent leads revel in being monsters. 

• Love 14

Weird thing about Carson is ive enjoyed some evil couples on this show  and they had more self awareness than Carson do.I mean I expect hypocrites on soaps but Carson just rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Linny said:

This! Yep these writers are baiting us and trolling us.

And I agree that Ava seems to be overreacting to her scars etc. I thought we had been told she had months of therapy and fixin' ahead of her. But Felix gave her some ointment and cut off her bandages. Voila! I've seen face lift scars on the late Joan Rivers that looked far more dramatic.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Weird thing about Carson is ive enjoyed some evil couples on this show  and they had more self awareness than Carson do.I mean I expect hypocrites on soaps but Carson just rubs me the wrong way.

I know what you mean.

I expect soapy evilness, but that stuff today wasn't that. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I was fast forwarding and I thought he had actually hit her back.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I mean the man murdered her son and used her daughter's egg to make an embryo that he then kept from her for years so I think slapping him is understandable. Hell, I'd understand it if she tried to murder him.

Charlotte is half Spencer's age? How the hell old are these children all supposed to be?!

I skipped everything Sonny/Carly or Ava. I just can't. Hell, I skipped almost everything tbh. I think I'm done.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think slapping him is understandable. Hell, I'd understand it if she tried to murder him.

I hate slapping. It's a bad cliché. I also think that if you get physical with someone, don't be surprised if s/he returns the favor.

If Laura wants to murder Valentin, I'm on board. His story is a total bore.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, lb60 said:

OMG!  I don't give a shit about Auntie Stella and her damn feelings.  

But she sacrificed love for Curtis and his brother.  So Curtis should dump Jordan and be forever alone, just to make it even.  <rme>

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

But she sacrificed love for Curtis and his brother.  So Curtis should dump Jordan and be forever alone, just to make it even.  <rme>

lol  Nope, still don't care.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Vella said:

Here's what should happen: Morgan comes back but has no memory, he's also disfigured (recast) and is learning to heal. He and Ava meet, they're in the same boat, trying to heal and cope. They fall in love, Morgan is plagued by memories of an exploding car, Ava helps him. He gets his memory back, initially hates Ava's guts, but can't stand S&C and others going after her. Ultimately he forgives her, believes they both deserve a fresh start.  S&C heads explode. The End.

Anything to make S&C lose their heads. ANYTHING. Nelle&Michael just aren't doing it.

I kinda like this, IF and only IF Morgan would quit portraying bipolar disorder as something that only manifests as screaming and ripping your hair out.  Oh and online gambling, which they never really explored anyway.  

I am down for anything that makes Carson's heads explode.  I fast-forward through every scene they're in.

• Love 2

S&C heads explode. The End

Didn't Morgan die from a bomb?  Did Ava place the bomb in the car or request that someone place that bomb in the car?  Did Morgan hold Ava's daughter hostage with a loaded shotgun?  Wasn't Ava's daughter shot on the docks because of Morgan?  At the very least, Sonny and his chief enabler/accomplice/accessory have a little glimpse into the lives of people close to the victims of Sonny's violence.  If this is an effort by FV to make the viewers so disgusted with Carson, that the reintegration of Franco back into Port Charles will no longer be the most dreaded scenes -  then I guess it's a win for FV.

Nice cob webs in the basement.  Sometimes the prop person is the MVP of the episode. 

• Love 9

... ... Um, jeez show, I don't think we need to be referring to burn victims faces as "ugly," "hideous," and "monsters" and acting like being disfigured is a fate worse than death.  

• Love 22
(edited)
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, I can't with all this Franco/Friz fans on Twitter whose response to last week's episodes is all, "We need to rebuild the core Baldwin family!  Here's my ideas, all of which center completely around Franco!"  Noooooo.

If Franco is Scotty's son, why didn't we hear anything out of him when Grandfather Lee Baldwin died last week? Is it because Scotty was adopted so Franco is not a blood grandson? Did Franco and Lee know each other?

Wait I don't care who Franco knows.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

... ... Um, jeez show, I don't think we need to be referring to burn victims faces as "ugly," "hideous," and "monsters" and acting like being disfigured is a fate worse than death.  

We're supposed to be cheering Sonny and Carly on for saying this horrible things because it's Ava. Gross.

The Curtis/Stella stuff is so dumb.

I don't know why Spencer didn't just climb on the radiator and try to break/get out of the window from there.

I wish they'd done a better job with the Ava-Julian sibling relationship. I really liked their scenes today, and I think MW and WdV work well together. Ava doesn't look that bad. It looks like a bad sunburn with some cystic acne.

When Sonny was ordering, I thought he ordered chocolate fries, not truffle fries.

I like Joss as a counselor. 

I think LW got Botox just between her eyebrows, what they call the 11s. It's super smooth there but her forehead does wrinkle a bit above it.

1 minute ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

If Franco is Scotty's son, why didn't we hear anything out of him when Grandfather Lee Baldwin died last week? Is it because Scotty was adopted not a blood grandson? Did Franco and Lee know each other?

RoHo wasn't working because of his contract renegotiations. I'm sure Franco will whine something about never knowing Gampy Lee when he's back onscreen.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Vella said:

See, this is soapy and makes perfectly good sense. But since MB apparently must have all storylines flow through him, it's just a nice post to read.

You guys are making it really easy to make me want to skip yesterday and today.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You make it sound like Kevin was cheerleading for Valentin, he wasn't.  He just wasn't going to violate his professional ethics trying to influence the assigned therapist, which I think was really unfair of Lulu and Laura to even ask him.

I remember when Lulu asked Lucky to swallow his agony and anger over Jake's "death," go get Luke and bring him back to PC because "I need my dad" and "he'll listen to you" because you're the beloved golden child. Being unfair and selfish is totally in character for her.

I feel like Laura's judgement is compromised by her guilt from being apart from first Nikolas (because of the Cassadines)  and then Lulu during formative years.  I think Lulu was maybe a few years younger than Charlotte is now when Laura became 'a wig on a stick.' The writers would be smart (which means it won't happen) to have Laura explicitly say it hurts her deeply to know Lulu's missed out on so much of Charlotte's life, as I missed out on watching Lulu grow from child to young woman ... i.e.. "Maybe in some way by getting involved in this, I can make it up to Lulu" (misguided thinking sure, but it's better than Laura thinking it's perfectly acceptable to ask her boyfriend to violate ethics).

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Laura thought it was a-okay. I think she knew she was asking him to bend the rules a bit. The woman was married to Luke, she's okay with crossing some lines. Now, if she got pissed with Kevin for declining, then I would think she was being unreasonable.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why Spencer didn't just climb on the radiator

This! Hell. The wand on my blinds is broken so I climb on my radiator to open and close them lol! The damn thing was right there and yet he takes a chair that won't bring him anywhere near the window. ::smh::

• Love 3
(edited)

IIRC, Laura knew she was out of order even asking Kevin, I think she might have even pre-apologized.  Lulu was more of a brat about it.

Speaking of Kevin, I was really hoping he and Laura would get a moment to talk about the Lee/Serena of it all, but since Spencer's already been brat-napped, that's probably off the table.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

IIRC, Laura knew she was out of order even asking Kevin, I think she might have even pre-apologized.  Lulu was more of a brat about it.

Speaking of Kevin, I was really hoping he and Laura would get a moment to talk about the Lee/Serena of it all, but since Spencer's all been brat-napped, that's probably off the table.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I thought Kevin and Serena were supposed to have a scene together. Don't tell me that got cut to make room for more Man Landers and CarSon and Auntie Stella.

• Love 1

Taunting Nik's family with the fact that there was no body for them to bury doesn't make Valentin more sympathetic. 

Replying to Oracle42 here, from the In The News thread, and it doesn't. Killing Nikolas was only one of the many crimes Valentin committed on that island and the fact that he got off on technicalities and lack of evidence doesn't make any of what he did less true. He's setting up Charlotte for a world of hurt and a huge fall one day by telling her that her Uncle Nikolas is missing and that is why Spencer is mad.

(edited)

I don't have much to say about Tuesday's show that hasn't been covered.  Laura Wright's immobile around-the-eyes area makes it kind of freaky when Carly is supposed to be mad (which is, what, 85% of the time?). I suspect the 'do is supposed to distract from it, but nothing really can.

Co-signing everything already said about the Carly/Sonny dialogue re: someone murdering their son and walking around free. I know AJ was fat, but the writers are not doing C/S any favors with that, especially when they go out of their way to drag viewers' memories back to Connie Falconeri. Her murder was so close in time to AJ's and even the catalyst for it. Do they really want to go there if we're supposed to see these two on some moral high horse? 

Nicolas Bechtel kind of kicks Kelly Monaco's ass at "trapped in a basement" acting.  Some of what they had him do to get out was dumb, but the kid can definitely carry a scene.  

I too was expecting Ava's burned face to be far worse.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

If you're a broken record then sing out Louise, sing loud and sing proud because you've got a huge chorus to back you up. I thought they'd reached the depths of disgustingness a long time ago but yesterday they sank to a new low. Even when I was FFing, Sonny and Carly's normal faces made me nauseous. 

15 hours ago, Linny said:

This is a thing of beauty.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know Laura is a grandmother, but really? It's not as if she's using a walker. She's not some helpless lamb. (Though she's been annoyingly passive, as I've complained about earlier.)

I'm sorry but I can't anymore with this storyline. The more they try to get me to hate Valentin the more I'm on his side. It's only a matter of time until Nik shows up not-dead (I assume, because nobody stays dead unless they're named Quartermaine and Jason doesn't count in my eyes). I'm getting sick of smirks on the faces of Lulu, Laura, and Alexis. Is there anyone on this show that doesn't suck? I mean anyone we see on screen. Maybe Joss, but when she inevitably forgives Sonny she's gonna break my heart. 

11 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Didn't Morgan die from a bomb?  Did Ava place the bomb in the car or request that someone place that bomb in the car?  Did Morgan hold Ava's daughter hostage with a loaded shotgun?  Wasn't Ava's daughter shot on the docks because of Morgan?  At the very least, Sonny and his chief enabler/accomplice/accessory have a little glimpse into the lives of people close to the victims of Sonny's violence.  If this is an effort by FV to make the viewers so disgusted with Carson, that the reintegration of Franco back into Port Charles will no longer be the most dreaded scenes -  then I guess it's a win for FV. 

Nice cob webs in the basement.  Sometimes the prop person is the MVP of the episode. 

It boggles my mind the way everyone forgets that Sonny called a hit on Julian (but, but, he called it off! Sonny's hands are clean! It was Ava in Morgan's room with the pills!) This show has me so jaded that I don't care about the pills being switched, if the oh-so-wonderful parents of Morgan noticed he was acting weird then why didn't they do more than hand wringing? He knowingly blew off his bloodwork more than once and he drank like Sonny drinks, that was his role model on how to deal with bipolar, drink while you're taking lithium. I'm sorry if I sound cold and unfeeling but Sonny made me that way. I'm so fucking sick of Carson's double standards.

9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

So was that Valentin or a henchman that bagged up Spencer and threw him in the basement? Let's face it, Spencer probably has more than one enemy.

I still think it's may turn out to be Nikolas, but if it was a henchman, it's gotta be mob-related. I find it hard to believe Valentin would have Spencer kidnapped since he would be the main suspect. My Sonny hate continues to grow in leaps and bounds so in my mind, one way or another, this is Sonny's fault.

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I thought Kevin and Serena were supposed to have a scene together. Don't tell me that got cut to make room for more Man Landers and CarSon and Auntie Stella.

Ugh. I read somewhere they did cut scenes about Lee. I still can't believe they gave us one flashback, I also can't believe I thought they'd give us more. 

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

It boggles my mind the way everyone forgets that Sonny called a hit on Julian (but, but, he called it off! Sonny's hands are clean! It was Ava in Morgan's room with the pills!) This show has me so jaded that I don't care about the pills being switched, if the oh-so-wonderful parents of Morgan noticed he was acting weird then why didn't they do more than hand wringing? He knowingly blew off his bloodwork more than once and he drank like Sonny drinks, that was his role model on how to deal with bipolar, drink while you're taking lithium. I'm sorry if I sound cold and unfeeling but Sonny made me that way. I'm so fucking sick of Carson's double standards.

Any other show, Morgan would have spiraled out of control on his own accord and gone off his meds rather than make point-by-point connection that Ava was the Invisible Hand that chose Every Poor Decision for Morgan. Then again, Show has NEVER wanted to Let Shit Happen (to Carly and Sonny) Because Shit Happens. Either it's because Bad People did it, or Good People are manipulated by Bad People.

I can't even with Sonny's "I'm going to cause harm to Ava if she get facial surgery instead of remaining ugly like she deserves". Especially on the heels of the "We just converted the Most Evil Cassadine EVER into Mistunderstood Quasimodo" Valentin.

I hope Spencer is actually captured by Not!Dead Nicholas, who has him to keep him safe. If they wanted to cut MW loose, have Nik take her off into the shadows and fake her death as well, and get her Happily Ever. That way, Carly/Sonny don't have to keep twisting the metaphorical knife.

• Love 7

I'm probably overthinking this, but i don't think NotDeadNikolas is the one who kidnapped Spencer, because the kid was sorta tossed down the steps and could have been hurt - I can't see his dad doing that.  Can't be Valentin because that's too obvious, especially after he tells Charlotte she won't have to worry about Spencer anymore (that's always a huge misdirection).

I have to admit, I'm stumped.  Everyone else who knows Spencer is either related to him, or loves him.  I suppose it could be an enemy of Sonny's, like the guy who tried to kill him on whatever island that was (I told you, I fast-forward all Sonny/Carly scenes heh).  Dunno.  

Will Ava somehow find him and save him?  Maybe that's what that hospital room scene between Spencer and Ava was about.  Then what would Sonny and Carly do!! Probably say, "It still doesn't make up for what you did to my baby Morgan!!"  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I can't even with Sonny's "I'm going to cause harm to Ava if she get facial surgery instead of remaining ugly like she deserves".

Ugh, I know. Sonny really doesn't understand inner character at all. And it's not as if Ava were super loved anyway. 

Spoilers say

Spencer's kidnapping is about Sonny.

Of course. So logical!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I too was expecting Ava's burned face to be far worse.

She looked like she got a chemical peel and had a few bee stings on half her face.  Hardly Phantom of the Opera.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

This! Hell. The wand on my blinds is broken so I climb on my radiator to open and close them lol! The damn thing was right there and yet he takes a chair that won't bring him anywhere near the window. ::smh::

I couldn't figure out why he didn't break the window first.  Then even if he couldn't get out himself, he could call out to a passer-by.

But kudos on the glasses being broken. Without my glasses, I'm helpless so I really connected to that.

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

He's setting up Charlotte for a world of hurt and a huge fall one day by telling her that her Uncle Nikolas is missing and that is why Spencer is mad.

I wish I were as sure of the lottery numbers as I am that Nik going to turn up alive.

As for Evul Valentine, other than on the island, he hasn't done anything that bad. The show is afraid to make him even as bad as Sonny,  He's the wimpiest Cassadine ever.

Not to mention even Svetlana Stalin loved her father until she wanted to be independent as a teenager and when he's with Charlotte, Valentine is his nicest.  I actually felt for him when he was all eager at the idea that Alexis wanted to spend time with him only to find out that she want bringing a lawsuit against him.  She is his half-sister, and the only relative he has other than Spencer.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish I were as sure of the lottery numbers as I am that Nik going to turn up alive.

Totally.  The comments Valentin is making about "choices" Nikolas made, etc etc, are like a spotlight on the eventual story that Nikolas paid (and/or blackmailed and/or reasons Helena) him to help fake his death.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Michael Easton is really getting on my nerves.  I might have missed this - did Monica say that he would still have to undergo regular drug testing?  Because, okay, he tested clean after Dr. O's tampering was exposed.  But he's been addicted to this drug for years, was practicing medicine while on this drug earlier this calendar year, and has only been doing out-patient rehab for a few weeks.  He should still be on some kind of probation. 

But no, let's throw him a party instead!  UGH!  And I get that it's all "We're so happy" set-up before whatever happens to Rebecca Budig and their baby happens*, but still.

And even though I knew this was going to happen, it really sucks that Kevin didn't get to address any of his own rich history as a character re: Lee's death/Serena's visit, even in some tossed-off dialogue today.  He apparently only exists to support Laura.  Booo.

* As is all the too little, too late "Sisters!" stuff with Rebecca Budig and Liz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

1) It's hard to hate Valentin when he's the only person in Port Charles who's willing to speak the truth about Spencer. He got points from me yesterday for saying it to Laura's face, and more points today for saying it to the police, even though it may not help his case. 

2) I don't think Michelle Stafford's dress could have been any tighter. A real fashion maven would not be seen wearing a dress that was so tight that it wrinkled and rode up on her as she was standing still.

3) If the leaving rumors are true, I will miss Kathleen Gati. I think she's a tremendously talented actress who got stuck portraying a caricature instead of a character. What a waste of her abilities. 

• Love 10

I'm ready for Julian and Alexis to break out of this holding pattern they've been stuck in for months. Everything with these two is redundant; she acts like she doesn't want to talk to him, he churns out a love confession and some tears, she softens towards him, and then the cycle repeats itself again the next time we see them. Put them together, separate them permanently, I don't care, but for fuck's sake give me some new content already. And as an aside, Alexis has been looking super skinny lately.

Half the episode was spent talking about Spencer, but we didn't have to see or hear from him, so there's the silver lining. I'm so resentful that ever since Spencer rolled into town, people like Laura and Kevin don't do anything but work themselves into a tizzy over him. There's no balance with Spencer, he's just constantly in our face and everything revolves around him. He really is Sonny's protégé in that respect.

Hayden and Finn are laughing it up and loving life, unaware that there's a German iceberg lurking and ready to sink their happy ship. I'd feel sorry for them if I cared even an iota about them.

• Love 8