Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I nearly had a rage blackout at Franco being butthurt over the possibility that Scotty believes he murdered Tom, but then I remembered I don't care enough about this shit show anymore to get angry.

Ugh, I was already dreading the butthurt-ness coming in this "Franco's been falsely accused AGAIN" story, but it was directed at my beloved Scotty today?  Siiigh.

Missed today, sounds like I didn't miss much.  Was Lucas in the previews?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I nearly had a rage blackout at Franco being butthurt over the possibility that Scotty believes he murdered Tom, but then I remembered I don't care enough about this shit show anymore to get angry.

This episode was so boring. I am amazed at how boring it was.

Dante looks fine lately though, so at least there was that.

It was pretty brutal. Any episode that's like 3/5 Nichael will be though. 

I also appreciated Dante got a second to snark. Trade dads with Franco!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I find it annoying how Lucas was such a buddy of Griffin's and he's now MIA 99% of the time.  RC is good looking and he can act, so it makes no sense that his character is not featured in his age bracket.

• Love 10

I found it annoying Lucas was used to help launch Griffin as the new central doctor of the hospital canvas after Patrick's departure (prior to the return of Dr. Michael Easton) instead of Lucas himself becoming the central doctor of the hospital canvas.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I found it annoying Lucas was used to help launch Griffin as the new central doctor of the hospital canvas after Patrick's departure (prior to the return of Dr. Michael Easton) instead of Lucas himself becoming the central doctor of the hospital canvas.

This!  This reminds me of how Nik/TC was used to cement HateChel/ReBu on the show and now his character is dead!  FV is way too concerned with his high priced pets to give a shit about GH vets, legacy and core characters.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

I find it annoying how Lucas was such a buddy of Griffin's and he's now MIA 99% of the time.  RC is good looking and he can act, so it makes no sense that his character is not featured in his age bracket.

It's wrong, but as I said before, my theory is Lucas isn't in the spotlight because his character is gay. But I'm sure the FV pets thing is another reason.

• Love 2

Even when Freako confessed his cage imprisoning antics to Liez today, he omitted mention of the shock collar, which was a sadistic sick extra level of wrong that would have revolted her. And does Freako get free lawyer coverage anytime he needs it just because Scotty is his father? Freako doesn't have any money to pay Scotty; is Liez paying? I wish Scotty (and Liez) would show up at Freako's studio and see the cage and collar.

Somehow, even though Andre apologized to Jordan for answering her phone and yet not relaying police business, I don't trust him. It wasn't just jealousy; it was boundary-crossing too. Shows a shocking tendency in the doc to ignore a woman's personal and professional boundaries.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Somehow, even though Andre apologized to Jordan for answering her phone and yet not relaying police business, I don't trust him. It wasn't just jealousy; it was boundary-crossing too. Shows a shocking tendency in the doc to ignore a woman's personal and professional boundaries.

I have said this before but Andre is creepy.  He does have boundary-crossing tendencies when dealing with both Anna and Jordan.  He speaks to them in that slow and deliberate manner that has an undercurrent of "Listen to me, I know you better than you know yourself and it would be wise of you to do and think of things the way I am telling you because I know what is best for you.  You really are not able to trust your judgement or to know your own mind.  It is a good thing I am here to help you."  His manner of speaking is like a psychiatrist (which he is) putting a patient under hypnosis.  

• Love 8

Jelly and Frank aren't working overtime to give Samff or Jasamff shit. They are all for trying to sell Franco no matter the cost.

Those half-assed apologies weren't for Sam's benefit. They were for Franco. Otherwise they wouldn't have had Sam say all the stuff she said in a damn dream instead of it being real.

They have to make Jasam be okay with Franco cause Liz is a package deal with Jake. They have to make Jason cool with having his kid around his sick ass. They could have easily fixed that shit by changing Jake to Lucky's since they insist on him being a deadbeat dad. This way he is still offscreen and no one cares what Liz does with her kids and her relationship with Franco.

They could easily keep Jasam away from Franco. Act like he was Claudia. Sam went almost her whole run on the show never sharing scenes with her until that damn birthday party when Michael killed her.

• Love 8

I want to see how many love interests Michael gets before show realizes something ain't working.

Which is kind of why I'm hoping Chad leaves in the spring. Of course, if MB or whoever didn't want a recast,

Chad isn't too hard on the eyes and is able to spit out his lines fairly well.   Michael has a positive relationship with cast members of all ages, he could grow to be a Jax Jr.  I hope that he stays because after watching any Sonny scenes, as his presence is like a nice shot of pepto bismo - smooth going down and quenching some of that burning indigestion that is ignited after watching that vile thug RUIN this show.    Of course, if he does leave, the odds are that his exit story will involve Sonny and the next couple months after his exit will feature more scenes of MB trying to portray the emotion of guilt.   There are plenty of cast members who should depart - Chad isn't even near the top twenty of my Nina list.   Then again, Dillon is rather bland too.  Even though he is not a doctor, he is a Quartermaine - so while I am not hoping that he leaves, I won't be surprised if Michael is killed off.

• Love 2

Maybe I  would be more sympatico with Sam increasing her family if I had watched during her other pregnancies, which were apparently problematic and traumatic. But she remains as an unconvincing mother type for me, because we hardly see her taking care of or engaged with Danny. When we do see Sam, she is curled up sinuously on the bed or couch around Jason, acting like his sexy sidepiece in stiletto heels, with no thought of childcare on her mind.

I can't imagine sticky baby spitup on Jasam's shiny leather jackets.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
punctuation
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Even though he is not a doctor, he is a Quartermaine - so while I am not hoping that he leaves, I won't be surprised if Michael is killed off.

They wouldn't kill Michael off now, fake death or otherwise.

I could actually see the having Michael turn against Sonny again for whatever reason and leaving town. That way the show could do some poor poor Sonny without anyone actually being killed off.

Edited by ulkis
15 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I hope Tom's brother finds out about the cage incident and gives Franco the beating he deserves.  

+1. Of course if that happens it will just be because Jelly/FV are trying (again, some more) to get us to sympathize with Franco, which will be rage inducing, but at least we'd get to see Franco beat up.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

I also appreciated Dante got a second to snark. Trade dads with Franco!

Oh man, the thought of Dante as Scott's son and Franco as Sonny's is actually delicious.

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:06 AM, Oracle42 said:

I think Kristina is still the only female character Michael has chem with

Oh, for the love of the Borgias and the Lannisters, just put these two together already.

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Right, Dante, interview Elizabeth and Franco together. And then leave them alone in the middle so they can get their stories straight. That's some crack police work there. 

Hey, it worked for Sonny, Jason, and Diane.

Yesterday was Christmas Eve Kwanzaa, if I understood correctly.

• Love 4

No one who was an actual victim of Tom, nor a relative or close friend, could have been the murderer. Not only because we saw everyone on screen, but because we can't have extralegal vengeance outside of a hashtag. So, it will either be Heather (already in jail), Paul (already a justice serial killer), or some other victim of Tom's that we have never heard of and never will see again.

Come to think of it, with all the "You have to die because the system failed me, but I'm not going to take justice into my own hands", who was the last person on the show to actually murder for vengeance and get away with it?

7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have said this before but Andre is creepy.  He does have boundary-crossing tendencies when dealing with both Anna and Jordan.  He speaks to them in that slow and deliberate manner that has an undercurrent of "Listen to me, I know you better than you know yourself and it would be wise of you to do and think of things the way I am telling you because I know what is best for you.  You really are not able to trust your judgement or to know your own mind.  It is a good thing I am here to help you."  His manner of speaking is like a psychiatrist (which he is) putting a patient under hypnosis.  

Andre should have been the hospital killer.  I really think he's a colleague of Dr. David Hayward.  That's why he keeps acting like he cares about Anna and her dumb shit.  

31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

AJ was fat. Of course Sonny skated. (Three months in jail is hardly punishment for second-degree murder.)

It was first degree!   Premeditated since the 90s.  

4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

In addition to Sonny, Ava has managed to avoid prison for killing Konnie and for framing AJ. 

And lets not forgot rapist serial killer Freako, who avoided prison because of some bullshit about a brain tumor.

While Matt is in prison for a self defense killing and Stephen Lars is in prison for murdering a hobo.  Hell, Heather doesn't have a rap sheet as long as them and she's been locked up forever.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

No one who was an actual victim of Tom, nor a relative or close friend, could have been the murderer. Not only because we saw everyone on screen, but because we can't have extralegal vengeance outside of a hashtag. So, it will either be Heather (already in jail), Paul (already a justice serial killer), or some other victim of Tom's that we have never heard of and never will see again.

Come to think of it, with all the "You have to die because the system failed me, but I'm not going to take justice into my own hands", who was the last person on the show to actually murder for vengeance and get away with it?

I still think that it's going to end up being that he raped some other woman after his release.  The killer will turn out to either be that woman or someone like her husband or father.  It serves two of the show's purposes - they don't have to deal with the fallout of any long term character having killed the guy, and, in their minds, it retroactively justifies Franco's behavior towards him.  "See!  He was an irredeemable sexual predator.  Franco was right!  And we were all so mean to suspect that he killed that lowlife rapist!  We're so sorry, Franco!!"  Commence ticker tape parade and everyone from Carly to Sam stopping by Liz and Franco's romantic dinner at the Metro Court to genuflect and express their respect.  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Jelly and Frank aren't working overtime to give Samff or Jasamff shit. They are all for trying to sell Franco no matter the cost.

Those half-assed apologies weren't for Sam's benefit. They were for Franco. Otherwise they wouldn't have had Sam say all the stuff she said in a damn dream instead of it being real.

They have to make Jasam be okay with Franco cause Liz is a package deal with Jake. They have to make Jason cool with having his kid around his sick ass. They could have easily fixed that shit by changing Jake to Lucky's since they insist on him being a deadbeat dad. This way he is still offscreen and no one cares what Liz does with her kids and her relationship with Franco.

They could easily keep Jasam away from Franco. Act like he was Claudia. Sam went almost her whole run on the show never sharing scenes with her until that damn birthday party when Michael killed her.

Sure.  Let's change Jake's paternity to Lucky and Danny's over to Franco.

SamFF and JaSamFF have whined and bitched about the story RC wrote in 2012 and now Jelly/FV have fixed all of that with a wedding and non supposed rape baby by Franco.  

Bottom line, Sam and Franco were both written BS redemption stories under two different regimes.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Commence ticker tape parade and everyone from Carly to Sam stopping by Liz and Franco's romantic dinner at the Metro Court to genuflect and express their respect.  

This is the only thing I don't see happening in your scenario, KerleyQ (even as I assume the part I quoted is somewhat sarcastic). Carly and Sam will still hate Franco, but he'll be able to brush it off now because now people will finally believe the tumor removal was a success—he didn't kill Tom.

TFGH pretzel logic.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I still think that it's going to end up being that he raped some other woman after his release.  The killer will turn out to either be that woman or someone like her husband or father.  It serves two of the show's purposes - they don't have to deal with the fallout of any long term character having killed the guy, and, in their minds, it retroactively justifies Franco's behavior towards him.  "See!  He was an irredeemable sexual predator.  Franco was right!  And we were all so mean to suspect that he killed that lowlife rapist!  We're so sorry, Franco!!"  Commence ticker tape parade and everyone from Carly to Sam stopping by Liz and Franco's romantic dinner at the Metro Court to genuflect and express their respect.  

*throws barware*

sonny-shoots-julian.jpg

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This is the only thing I don't see happening in your scenario, KerleyQ (even as I assume the part I quoted is somewhat sarcastic). Carly and Sam will still hate Franco, but he'll be able to brush it off now because now people will finally believe the tumor removal was a success—he didn't kill Tom.

TFGH pretzel logic.

Definitely somewhat sarcastic, but I'd be willing to be that there is going to be, at some point, some softening of Sam's hatred towards him.  The way they insist on writing scenes for them leads me to believe that they are intent on heading in that direction.  I don't think they'll make them BFF's, but it will get to a point where she forgives him and is fine spending time around him.  That's the whole reason they wrote this Tom thing - as a way for Franco to face up to his own past crimes and understand the depth of the pain he's caused.  The best outcome would be for him to just accept that there's no reason for her to ever be OK with him, but this show doesn't do "best outcome," so I'm sure that's not where it's headed.  I do agree on Carly, though.  No way she is ever OK with his existing.  And that's good.  It's much more in character than her almost marrying the guy.  

• Love 4

It's so nice of Laura to think that as a mother, Anna would want to go after Valentin with everything she had if Valentin went after Robin/Emma (Laura went to the *mat* for Lulu today, can we have more of this Laura, please?), but unfortunately that isn't true. Anna did nothing to Dr. O ever and it took her over a year to half-heartedly care that Robin was kidnapped by Victor Cassadine.

Lulu, please at least *try* to listen to your mother. Charlotte doesn't know you.

• Love 13

Lucas is alive and on screen! The writers remembered he's Sam's brother! He got Danny cool Christmas gifts and mentioned Brad! Oh, but wait, he's really only here to serve as a plot device for Sam's investigation and has now disappeared again. Good job, team.

The word of the day is: reincarnation. I want Helena to have come back as a man, because why the hell not?

Alexis needs to be backburnered ASAP. She drinks, bickers with Julian, passes out, and does it all again the next day. It feels more and more like this alcoholism storyline isn't about her, but rather about getting her close with Julian again. It's boring and she deserves better.

Laura was trying so hard to be patient and reasonable with Lulu, and Lulu just acted like a twit. How does anyone put up with her? She needs to pick her battles; start with shared custody, fight for full custody later. And maybe let Charlotte have more than a day to warm up to Lulu.

• Love 4

How? How does this show continue to prattle on about dangerous Julian while omitting what Jason and Sonny are? How do Lucas and Sam talk about the dangers of Julian when neither says a peep about Jason or Carly or Sonny? They run in the SAME GODDAMN CIRCLES as Julian. Jason, who at  that very moment was committing a crime to clear another criminal's name in a crime that said criminal had originally planned to do, and Sam who doesn't even blink at Jason's criminal activity and even threatens other people with his 'legend' status in the criminal underworld. Weren't these whiny, judgmental, hypocritical bitches moaning about danger and house hunting and such? This show needs to fucking STOP with that bullshit noise. JUST STOP. Jason, Franco, Ava, Carly, Julian, Sonny, these motherfuckers are cut from the same fucking cloth.  Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

• Love 13

The policeman in the pawn shop immediately sees the cameras, and Jason wonders how anyone knew he broke in? I think we had different writers for this episode.

Laura was making so much sense about lulling Valentin into a false sense of security that of course Lulu has to take the nuclear option. What an idiot. Charlotte is not going to go gently into the good night with Lulu. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

So Jason steals this big ass wooden boat model and takes it with him into the local diner?  How sneaky...

He doesn't have to be sneaky--he gets away with everything.  

Arrested?  He'll just sit stone-faced in the Jason Morgan Memorial Office (aka interrogation room) until Diane waltzes in with 'this that the other reasons commercial Helena" and gets him released.  Lather, rinse, repeat since 1996.

• Love 11

Of course I miss the show when LUCAS (!!!!!!) finally shows up.  Was it worth seeking out or will it only enrage me?

ETA...I'm reading on Twitter that he was on to randomly know Chinese and move a Sam/Jason plot point along?  Siiigh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Anna could take some lessons from Laura on how to show some concern for her child's well-being. Speaking of Laura, I wish she had slapped Lulu repeatedly.

It always nice to see Lucas, and I appreciate anytime the writers remember he and Sam are siblings, but I really really REALLY wish they didn't have to talk about fucking Julian.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Anna could take some lessons from Laura on how to show some concern for her child's well-being. Speaking of Laura, I wish she had slapped Lulu repeatedly.

It always nice to see Lucas, and I appreciate anytime the writers remember he and Sam are siblings, but I really really REALLY wish they didn't have to talk about fucking Julian.

I watched for the first time in months because nothing else was on - and, apparently, I'm a masochist. Laura's parting shot about Anna responding similarly if someone threatened Robin and/or Emma? Spoken like someone who was out of town for a very long time.

• Love 7

I feel like Jelly read the TV 101 section on how to redeem a hated villain by bring another villain that is worse than him/her and decided that is where they are going to take this Franco and Tom storyline. They just didn't realized Franco is the much worse villain you bring in to make other villains seem more root worthy. Hell, some people would say, Franco was the villain brought in to make Jason seem like the good guy.

Seriously, way to ruin one of the best rape storylines on daytime TV with this Franco crap. I mean they had people cheer for Tom when he got his revenge against Franco. Tom of all people. This a lone should just get them fired.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Speaking of Laura, I wish she had slapped Lulu repeatedly.

And while she was slapping her she could have also been saying "Stop that vocal fry! It's irritating and makes you sound more idiotic than you already are!"

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Lucas is alive and on screen! The writers remembered he's Sam's brother!

I totally forgot! I literally thought, "Oh yeah, they're brother and sister" in their scene.  That's how long it's been. Stupid writers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Agreed: I'm past the point of bitch-slapping baby-rabied, child-possessive Lulu repeatedly. Let's keep the cage and collar in a corner of the Metro Court and charge for its intermittent use, determined by a majority vote of GH viewers. And Dante can start the paperwork for the divorce ASAP...his marriage is a lost cause too, since Lulu uses his police work record and title simply to prop her rabies claims.

• Love 1

Oh the stupid, it burns! If Lucas has only a smattering knowledge of Chinese (and aren't there lots of languages in China, not just "Chinese"?) how is it that in his tiny vocabulary is the big rare word "reincarnation"? Very unlikely. Apparently a lame attempt to hint at Helena returning thru cloning or soul migration. If that is where the writers are heading, let's have a bad seed story about that little girl (what's her name? "Harlot"?) being Helena deja vu.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

In other news, how stupid is a grown man in a leather motorcycle jacket who breaks into a pawn shop and steals a wooden ship instead of gold, diamonds, electronics, etc?

And when Curtis overheard the police dispatcher's call regarding the pawn shop break-in, why didn't he call Jason's cell to warn him that the cops were on the way?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And when Curtis overheard the police dispatcher's call regarding the pawn shop break-in, why didn't he call Jason's cell to warn him that the cops were on the way?

He did. The police were too close for Jason to get out in time.

Wouldn't a photo of the boat worked just as well?  And where was the boat when Jason walked into Kelly's?  It magically appeared. 

Apparently a lame attempt to hint at Helena

Not this time.  Supposedly the person behind this is:

Spoiler

Julian's not-dead sister, Olivia.  Yawn.

5 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I feel like Jelly read the TV 101 section on how to redeem a hated villain by bring another villain that is worse than him/her and decided that is where they are going to take this Franco and Tom storyline. They just didn't realized Franco is the much worse villain you bring in to make other villains seem more root worthy. Hell, some people would say, Franco was the villain brought in to make Jason seem like the good guy.

Seriously, way to ruin one of the best rape storylines on daytime TV with this Franco crap. I mean they had people cheer for Tom when he got his revenge against Franco. Tom of all people. This a lone should just get them fired.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ. I felt dirty for having to sympathize with scumbag rapist Tom for being kidnapped, held hostage and tortured for what, days? All because Franco is a psycho with major boundary issues. To say the least.

• Love 6

I wish  this show had the guts to at least tease Tracy/Finn, then I might tune back in. I cannot think of one other single reason to watch, though I do love their friendship. They've actually got a very soapy set up: three people who care about each other(Hayden, Tracy, Finn) in any combination. I normally absolutely LOATHE triangles, but if I have to see one, the best ones are the ones where you aren't sure who to root for. The best ones are the ones where everyone involved is torn. That could be one of them, it could be great TV. Then I remember who is writing this, and I get twitchy at the thought of them actually doing it. Then I also remember that they haven't given JE a story of her own in almost a year, and I realize this might very well be the best it's going to get. How sad is that, if JE is truly getting ready to retire soon, she deserves better than propping duty on her way out.

• Love 4