Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So no one's gonna say anything about the random mismatched bridesmaids dresses? Its like they randomly skimmed through a rack in wardrobe and said "wear this". All three were completely different colors.

• Love 2

A lot of weddings do that for bridesmaids. Different dresses. *shrugs*. I kinda like it. Plus not all bridesmaids have the same body so they shouldn't wear the same dress imo.

The color of the dress isn't about virginity.

LMAO this made me spit out my coke.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 6

Oy what can be said to this? Only prodigious eyerolling is the proper response! Do tell! Alexis, you feel so comfortable wearing all white at your wedding, but I daresay these "babies" were conceived with three different men, probably all on the "wrong side of the blanket" (if we take the trouble to count).

2 out of 3. IIRC, Alexis and Ric were married when Molly was born.

Alexis shouldn't have even invited Nik to the wedding.

The wedding was short notice? I thought they set the date several weeks ago?

But aren't some court dates also set weeks (or months) in advance? I doubt the judge would grant a continuance because Diane wanted to attend her BFF's wedding.

Aside from the fact that there were no dick punches delivered to the deserving (looking at you, Nik, Sonny and Franco), I liked the wedding prep and beginning of the ceremony.

• Love 3

Franco and Nina at the wedding? Nice. I guess at least Sam didn't greet them at the door.

Seriously. Franco and Nina were there, while Diane, and Mac and Felicia were not. It was established well before Alexis and Julian got together, that Mac and Alexis are friends. I'm annoyed (but not surprised) that they didn't show up and sit next to Maxie and Nathan. Diane should have come in right before the ceremony started if she had a court appearance. Ugh.

• Love 4

TC is back to being 'roid puffy again.  Too bad.  If I remember right, he looked fairly normal/good during Bric.  And yes, please, enough with the skeevy Nik/Hayden sex scenes. Please.  

Maybe Nina could be there because she's Nathan's sister and Nathan is Maxie's date and Maxie belongs there because she planned the wedding?  And she works for teh groom?  Anyway, I can't even with Nanco.  They are an automatic FF for me.  I didn't catch it in time today and hearing them talk about their fantastic sex made me throw up a little in my mouth again.  

I took nearly a two-week break because of the inanity of the Monster Heater and helpless Sam, so now I come back and I get treated to another damsel in distress, this time frail little Lulu.  It's like they're just lather/rinse/repeating on all of the tropes now.  

Re: the wedding, I am so sick of NLG acting like she's 14 and never seen a naked chest before.  And I so did not buy the overacting at the house with the tears and the "my girls."  But OTOH, I thought the dress was really quite stunning, original, just different and unique enough.  And flashing back, they did really great with Carly's dress when at the non-Cranco wedding, too.  

• Love 1

Franco and Nina at the wedding? Nice. I guess at least Sam didn't greet them at the door.

Seriously. Franco and Nina were there, while Diane, and Mac and Felicia were not. It was established well before Alexis and Julian got together, that Mac and Alexis are friends. I'm annoyed (but not surprised) that they didn't show up and sit next to Maxie and Nathan. Diane should have come in right before the ceremony started if she had a court appearance. Ugh.

But aren't some court dates also set weeks (or months) in advance? I doubt the judge would grant a continuance because Diane wanted to attend her BFF's wedding.

You assume the legal system in PC follows normal procedures. I don't think it does. This is the same place where the governor pardoned a convicted murderer because he rescued his daughter. 

• Love 4

It didn't seem like any of the Davis Coven thought an iota less of Molly for having slept with TJ.

Molly is probably the smartest, well has the most common sense, out of the whole family. Her boyfriend is getting an education, legally employed, doesn't cheat, has never been to prison, has never killed anyone, is reasonably handsome, cooks, and has never threatened her life/put her in danger. So, nah, I don't think they'd disapprove of that.

• Love 3

Alexis shouldn't have even invited Nik to the wedding.

The wedding was short notice? I thought they set the date several weeks ago?

I guess on this soap that's a long time before notice but I was going by real world standards. :)

That church is depressingly empty.  It's really really sad.

Julian doesn't have any friends that he had to invite his 2 employees and their significant others and 1 babymama. Alexis has more friends but none of them showed up for the wedding.

As much as I loved Friday, I really kind of hated today. I liked the Davis Girls moment, it was really sweet. And I liked Julian's letter (could do without the montage of all the sex, it just turns me off of them). But not much else.

I've never seen a show slanted so much in favor of someone before. That wink that Kristina gave Sonny made me want to throw up. I seriously should have lost 10 pounds from nausea alone. It's utterly sickening.

I'm choosing to believe that Hannah Nordberg would have never uttered such a horrible line if she was still on the show. Just please let me choose to live in my denial. So if all you're going to do is prop your worthless loser ass "Uncle Sonny", this version of Joss can go bye bye. I'd rather have the corn jokes back.

I really didn't think it was possible for Morgan to get any stupider, but I was proved wrong. He was doing his best Ethan Couch / Johnny Manziel imitation today. Complete and total fucking moron. And it's going to be an excuse for his actions, this stupid bipolar. This is why they never should have given it to him. He's an asshole, let him be an asshole.

Why is Alexis dressed like a mermaid?

Well, I guess it figures that the Brad/Rosalie story was so stupid to begin with, it gets handwaved away. So long Rosalie, never wanted you around to begin with.

• Love 4

Her[Molly's]  boyfriend [TJ] is getting an education, legally employed, doesn't cheat, has never been to prison, has never killed anyone, is reasonably handsome, cooks, and has never threatened her life/put her in danger.

So, in Port Charles terms, he's a total loser.

• Love 9

She's not actually a virgin and she's wearing white?! Rip the dress from her body! Stone her as she walks down the aisle!

No, no, nothing like that is called for. Some may find it ironic that Alexis embraces the social convention of a white wedding but deliberately flouts social sexual conventions by having babies outside of marriage with different men. Probably no one would notice or even care--except that she deliberately draws attention to it (like with her babies remark).

I actually liked Rosalie when she first aired. I'm not sure why the writers placed her ultimately between Lucas and Brad, but I liked her at first. I thought she was good for potential comic relief and she gave off a spunky vibe. I used to say that she reminded me of an All My Children character named Cecily Davidson. She even kinda looked like Cecily. The writers wasted Rosalie IMO.

• Love 10

I will not stop being angry at this Nikolas/Sam bullshit, but I will spare you all my repetitive temper tantrum.

No, please don't spare us. I deliberately left it out of my rant because I thought you and others would do it better justice. Let him have it!

It kind came off like something was off about Nathan, I feel like he might be brainwashed or something. Maybe we will find out he really is part cyborg. It was weird how he wanted to wear his gun.

I didn't think it was weird at all. My cousin is FBI, we recently had brunch with him and his kids that we haven't seen in forever because family drama you know. Anyway, I asked him if he was required to have his gun on him at all times, even when he's not working, and he said yes. I know local police isn't the same as FBI, but it's PC - their murder capita has got to rival the most unsafe places.

I really, really love Sam, Krissy and Molly's dresses. They just all look so great. Maxie's dress was nice too. I have no idea what Hayden was wearing, but it was awful. She should have stopped boning Nik and spent more time going through her wardrobe.

• Love 6

"Yeah, somebody said Jason and Elizabeth took Jake someplace in Philadelphia. What's that about?" If you need any more evidence that Maurice has all the clout at GH, look at the way he Arsenio Halled his way around the PSA. He facilitated it, but someone else got to do the heavy lifting.  

Fortunately, Sam was there to pick up the slack and name-drop Shriners Hospitals for Children®.  

• Love 3

TJ is probably hiding since you know SEX! He's probably afraid Alexis will cut him.hehe!

My husband is a police officer and sorry to say yes it is common to wear a gun everywhere. What is not common is to be talked out of wearing it. Shut up Maxie!

I'm telling you the glove is really Nathan's he had a sex change and his name was originally Susan<wink>

Ya'll better stop with teasing about the demise of Brad...I couldn't be THAT lucky!

• Love 4

Why didn't the church catch on fire or creak ominously when Sonny rolled in and chatted with the Lord? At least a candle or two could have mysteriously blown out....

I wonder if Alfred ever has an opportunity to wash those black sheets that Nic and Hayden keep soiling?

Alexis had both front and back cleavage in that not-so-demure wedding gown. Why wasn't she shivering in that chapel in February in New York?

I found myself thinking uncharitably that someone should just blow Morgan's head off and be done with it!

Nina decided that she's obligated to attend the wedding but didn't have second thoughts about attending with her live-in bf - the SERIAL KILLER who sexually assaulted, kidnapped and tormented the daughter of the bride and groom? Does she have a tumor too? I get that Franco was there so they could have an awkward (totally inappropriate!) public conversation about marriage but WTF, show?!?!??

Because seriously, Franco came to the wedding but Jason was going to be a problem for Julian?

This is the problem with continuing to try to make Franco happen. He cannot logically interact with most of the population of this very small town because he spent several years terrorizing them and he's still a sociopathic douche 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

If Ron were around, Morgan probably would have looked at one of the boxes and said, "fra-geel-ay. Must be Italian!" And I would not have hated it I gotta admit.

Which should have only been followed with Morgan and a gun being seen by Carly, yelling "You'll shoot your eye out!"

If Josslyn thinks "Uncle Sonny" is cool because he's a mobster, she must absolutely adore International Terrorist Uncle Jerry.

Compared to Carly/Sonny, I think I do.

• Love 4

Tyler Christopher's nipples were very disturbing to me. I couldn't even watch him and Hayden lip locking. Gross! I thought Alexis dress looked like the inside of a coffin. I doubt that's what wardrobe was going for. I thought the Davis girls looked nice in their different dresses. I don't think bridesmaids wear the same exact dress anymore from what I've seen. Although, I'm sure still some do so it didn't bother me. I do give the TPTB credit to putting some time (several episodes) for the Jullian & Alexis wedding. You could tell that DeVry & Grahn were really into it and loving the extra attention. I mean it ain't an 80's wedding (that won't ever happen again) but it was nicely done minus the usal gun violence on the docks. Why do the people of Port Charles continue to hang out at the docks? Ever since Laura disappeared in the fog it hasn't been safe. Don't they read the papers?

• Love 4

Was there a purpose to the glove in Nathan's tux? And who drags around a tux they haven't worn in ten years?

There was such a build up on this wedding that it seems obvious it will not be completed. I was distracted by wondering who's going to be shot. I kept thinking Josslyn but she's not even there. Are they going to age Peter Pan Cameron this time?

My cousin's a cop and he takes his gun obsessively and unnecessarily everywhere. It was at his nephew's private religious school graduation, and I was pretty pissed that it was in my basement a couple of weeks ago. Never know when a big shoot out is going to happen at a sober family gathering.

• Love 1

I actually liked Rosalie when she first aired. I'm not sure why the writers placed her ultimately between Lucas and Brad, but I liked her at first.

If all of 3 scenes can even count as being placed between them. So many dropped plots, so many vanished actors and actresses.

• Love 3

Why doesn't Port Charles put crime-fighting cameras down on the dock district? Perhaps the corrupt mayor and district attorney won't allow it, but I think it should have been done at least a decade ago.

Too bad Olivia decided to leave Leo at home out of the line of fire...it would've been fun to see how much attention she could steal by breastfeeding him in public during the bridal procession. After all, Olivia does or did have a competitive relationship with Alexis over Julian. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

A lot of weddings do that for bridesmaids. Different dresses. *shrugs*. I kinda like it. Plus not all bridesmaids have the same body so they shouldn't wear the same dress imo.

LMAO this made me spit out my coke.

The style being different is not the problem its that none of them went together at all because the colors were so dramatically off. What wedding have you been to where their wasn't a specific color theme for the bridesmaids?

• Love 1

The style being different is not the problem its that none of them went together at all because the colors were so dramatically off. What wedding have you been to where their wasn't a specific color theme for the bridesmaids?

I must agree; sometimes the maid of honor gets a special color or dress, but usually the dress styles and colors are all coordinated somehow. Did Maxie plan this wedding? If so I think she would have been around more, helping with makeup and details of the mise-en-scene.

So maybe this hot mess was a Davis conception (if you'll pardon the pun).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

The whole Molly is a woman now because she allowed her sister to bully her into having sex with her boyfriend is disturbing to me. Having sex doesn't make you an adult.

Why did they hire these fool writers when Sri Rao is available and has stated his interest in writing for this show?.

• Love 11

Also she should stop boning Nik because he TRIED TO MURDER HER

Carly was shot in the head while giving birth, and she's with Sonny  *kanye shrug* 

If Josslyn thinks "Uncle Sonny" is cool because he's a mobster, she must absolutely adore International Terrorist Uncle Jerry. 

I'll take Jerry over Sonny every time. No hesitation. 

The whole Molly is a woman now because she allowed her sister to bully her into having sex with her boyfriend is disturbing to me. Having sex doesn't make you an adult.

Why did they hire these fool writers when Sri Rao is available and has stated his interest in writing for this show?.

This. Molly is not a woman because she had intercourse. Knock it off show. 

Maybe the network won't hire Sri Rao because they are trying to tank the show...kind of like what Julian is doing to Crimson???? 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 3

My husband is a police officer and sorry to say yes it is common to wear a gun everywhere. What is not common is to be talked out of wearing it. Shut up Maxie!

Besides, Maxie has been to enough social events in Port Charles to know that sometimes having a gun would be a good thing.

• Love 11

So, in Port Charles terms, he's a total loser.

Well, he does have the Sonny seal of approval, so he's not as much of a loser as someone who has all that qualities and isn't Sonny-approved. 

I'd like her more if she thinks Uncle Jerry is WAY cooler than Uncle Sonny. 

• Love 4

What bothered me more than Joss thinking Sonny being a mob boss is cool is how upsetting it was for Carly.

For cripes sake Carly you KNOW this and don't care 99% of the time even when you should. NOW you decide Sonny being in the mob might be a bad influence on your child? You're about 2 children too late. But I'm sure you still want Sonny to get Avery back from Ava. RME!

• Love 10

Is Avery going to be shot during the Mob War That Will Change Everything: February 2016 Edition? Something bad has to happen to her, right? That's the whole point of this gun trafficking stuff?

Not likely. She's happily offscreen for this whole shebang. 

Since the obvious victims of this are female, it would be nice to see the men in trouble and the women have to save them. I'm getting really tired of the damsels in distress routine. It's so played.

• Love 5

Really though. This whole story with Molly has been offensive from the start. Sigh. Why do I ever expect better from this show?

I can't wait until today's ep; I've been missing gun violence!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6