Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I feel so bad for Jason that his son being hurt interferes with his magical reunion with Trippy McFall. RME  BM didn't even try to act today like he cared about Jake. He played it as being super inconvenienced that he had to leave Scam.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

Good on Dr. Griff for telling Sonny to go fuck himself today.  He indeed isn't obligated to treat Sonny for a condition he doesn't have just because it fits in with Sonny's wittle mob schemes or whatever.

Liz saying she had to check that Audrey could watch Cameron and Aiden made me laugh because, dude, Audrey has been babysitting them or having them stay at her house nonstop lately.

Seriously, Kiki and Franco talked about Morgan's lack of a boner.  What a horror show of characters and conversational topics.

Outside of the hilarity of Kiki walking in on them, Why Is Darby?

• Love 10

Aiden sighting!! Such a cutie pie!!!

STFU, Carly. How many people has Sonny had killed over the years, huh? It's fine if one or several people want to complain about Alexis being a hypocrite, but Carly should not be the one to do it. Ugh. 

I laughed along with TeeVee about Kiki walking in on Morgan sexing up Darby in the warehouse.

It's so weird seeing Tracy's son spending time with Anna for any reason.

I can't be the only one annoyed that Sam has her mother and sisters(s) loving and supporting her, meanwhile Liz.....gets an offer from Franco to text her once in a while to check up on Jake's progress in Philadelphia. UGH.  I hate that there's not a single on-screen Webber/Hardy there for her.  And no, I don't think her former MIL and BIL are enough. 

• Love 7

meanwhile Liz.....gets an offer from Franco to text her once in a while to check up on Jake's progress in Philadelphia. UGH. I hate that there's not a single on-screen Webber/Hardy there for her.

You're not the only one pissed about this. I hate that the only people there for Liz pretty much consist of Franco and Nik. Liz. Who has been on this show for nearly 2 decades.

• Love 8

Aiden!!

What was that creepy intense look The SERIAL KILLER was giving Liz and the boysss? Keep your creepy eyeballs away from Aiden, Franco!

+10 to Griffin for telling Sonny to kick rocks

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I can't be the only one annoyed that Sam has her mother and sisters(s) loving and supporting her, meanwhile Liz.....gets an offer from Franco to text her once in a while to check up on Jake's progress in Philadelphia. UGH. I hate that there's not a single on-screen Webber/Hardy there for her. And no, I don't think her former MIL and BIL are enough.

I get your annoyance but why compare the two characters and their situations?

I'm truely not trying to be mean I'm just wandering why you mentioned Sam?

• Love 7

Billy is not allowed to leave this show. Kelly beams fucking rainbows when she's around him. Like, finally, actors are awake and engaged. *heel click*

[grumpy cat]If they brought in Kelly's bed and Kelly's dog* to the studio in addition to her boyfriend, well then sure, she'd probably be beaming even more rainbows[/grumpy cat]

*or whatever pet she may or may not have

It's super rainy here today, I'm cranky.

Why were Morgan and Darby getting the serial killer camera lens?

No, really, poor Franco. Yeesh. What happened to those friends Kiki had in the Hamptons? Can't she tell them about Morgan??

I loved Anna being all, "no seriously Ensign you said you were gonna make this quick." 

Bryan Craig is talkingreallyfast 

andthenpausing

isthathowit

wouldreallygo

Sincere question.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Why were Morgan and Darby getting the serial killer camera lens?

Because cheating on Kiki is the worst thing you can do, even worse than murder? #hahahahahahahaha

I reeeally hope that tomorrow, Kiki references all the times she's walked in on her men boning someone else. *pops popcorn in hopeful anticipation*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I do think that over the years Sam/Liz have kind of switched positions in terms of a support system but Sam hasn't cost Liz the things that she's lost.

The frustrating thing is that that issue is easily remedied. Liz's family of doctors makes sense on GH. Instead ME is coming back as a vampire/doctor who moonlights as a detective

• Love 6

Good on Dr. Griff for telling Sonny to go fuck himself today.  He indeed isn't obligated to treat Sonny for a condition he doesn't have just because it fits in with Sonny's wittle mob schemes or whatever.

Liz saying she had to check that Audrey could watch Cameron and Aiden made me laugh because, dude, Audrey has been babysitting them or having them stay at her house nonstop lately.

So Audrey is still in town? If she is willing to watch Aiden and PeterPan!Cam, why doesn’t Liz move in with her instead of going and living on a fucking island? Or would that require an appearance by Rachel Ames and Leslie Charleston’s Monica was the only vet allowed out of the closet today. God forbid that one of Liz’s family members that doesn’t wear short pants talks with her.

Sonny is such a dick to guilt him like that. Way to go Governor Dumbass! This is what you let back on the streets! I hope Dr. Munroe doesn’t end up paying for his truth telling and washes his over gelled hair.

I can't be the only one annoyed that Sam has her mother and sisters(s) loving and supporting her, meanwhile Liz.....gets an offer from Franco to text her once in a while to check up on Jake's progress in Philadelphia. UGH.  I hate that there's not a single on-screen Webber/Hardy there for her.  And no, I don't think her former MIL and BIL are enough.

Its annoying because while Sam has acquired new family members and friends, Liz is pretty much on her own, with her relations being damaged in the case of Nik and Laura, from her affair and keeping the Jasus secret, and she comes from a founding family. We know she has siblings and still living parents. Heck PeterPan!Cam could, in theory, be aged to Molly’s, so even if it isn’t a peer (as kids should n’t be peers with their parents) it could be someone that could hold a serious conversation.

Editted because I am an idiot.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

[grumpy cat]If they brought in Kelly's bed and Kelly's dog* to the studio in addition to her boyfriend, well then sure, she'd probably be beaming even more rainbows[/grumpy cat]

*or whatever pet she may or may not have.

http://giphy.com/gifs/wxw2e19ZMsjio

But, for serious, I've had to watch so many forced pairings these past few years. And they all pretty much made me want to tear my eyeballs out. So if they need to give Kelly her damn dog and bed and boyfriend and sippy cup, so be it. :P

• Love 2

So Audrey is still in town? If she is willing to watch Aiden and PeterPan!Cam, why doesn’t Liz move in with her instead of going and living on a fucking island? Or would that require an appearance by Rachel Ames and Leslie Charleston’s Monica was the only vet allowed out of the closet today. God forbid that one of Liz’s family members that doesn’t wear short pants talks with her.

Sonny is such a dick to guilt him like that. Way to go Governor Dumbass! This is what you let back on the streets! I hope Dr. Munroe doesn’t end up paying for his truth telling and washes his over gelled hair.

Its annoying because while Sam has acquired new family members and friends, Liz is pretty much on her own, with her relations being damaged in the case of Nik and Laura, from her affair and keeping the Jasus secret, and she comes from a founding family. We know she has siblings and still living parents. Heck PeterPan!Cam could, in theory, be aged to Molly’s, so even if it isn’t a peer (as kids should n’t be peers with their parents) it could be someone that could hold a serious conversation.

I am annoyed that the audience has yet been treated to a scene where Liz goes back to see what is left of her house. It has been her set since 2007. Emily found it for her when she divorced Lucky. Not matter what crap she was going through, much of it self inflicted, she at least had that house that couldn’t be taken away from her. They still can have Liz go back, the window of opportunity hasn’t closed. I have a feeling Liz house exploding is all about Jasam not Liz losing one of the few sources of stability she had in her life.

Not to defend the show, but Rachel Ames is technically retired, and we've heard that the few appearances she's made the past few years, Becky has had to convince her to do it. I don't think she really has much interest in acting anymore.

Also, we did see Liz going back to her house. 

• Love 4

I believe Rachel Ames is mostly retired so I want to give the show a little leeway on not showing Audrey.  But they are leaning on off-screen Audrey sooo hard in lieu of on-screen support for Liz, it's ridiculous.

And hey, if you can get Rachel Ames to come in for a day, why waste her on the voiceover, writing a letter of platitudes to Liz scene we got?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

http://giphy.com/gifs/wxw2e19ZMsjio

But, for serious, I've had to watch so many forced pairings these past few years. And they all pretty much made me want to tear my eyeballs out. So if they need to give Kelly her damn [. . .] sippy cup, so be it. :P

did you serve me up a Kelly Monaco booze joke set-up on purpose?! I shan't take it! Mostly cause I can't think of a good one. :p

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Am I really the only one who thinks Brad sucks? Keep him off-screen, thank you.

I still want Brad to be murdered. Really wish someone would tell Lucas that he can do better than some loser who's married to that Rosalie girl. 

That Darby girl is still here for no reason. When is she going to be killed?

Is Liez going to be back burnered while the Jiz spawn is recovering in Philly?

The Alexis/Kristina/Propped Saint Sam Trippy McFall scenes were the only thing that interested me today. The rest of the show was useless. 

• Love 7

Wasn't watching that day I guess when she went to survey the house. Must not have been terribly well written if no one mentioned the scene where Liz sees the literally wreckage of her life.

The show shouldn't be reducing Audrey to the invisible babysitter, especially when it produces and obvious logic gap like that. Liz's kids are in school. The island, though spacious, has transportation problems. She deserves more respect like than that. I say lure Rachel Ames back with her selling the house to travel or some shit. Why does Luke get the big send off?

• Love 1

Wasn't watching that day I guess when she went to survey the house. Must not have been terribly well written if no one mentioned the scene where Liz sees the literally wreckage of her life.

It was, natch, all about Jason as Liz finds a picture of him among the wreckage.  I think about how much more affecting that would have been if Liz had found a picture of the boys or, even better, Jake's Christmas stocking from the story she told on Christmas and I siiigh.

• Love 3

The show shouldn't be reducing Audrey to the invisible babysitter, especially when it produces and obvious logic gap like that. Liz's kids are in school. The island, though spacious, has transportation problems. She deserves more respect like than that. I say lure Rachel Ames back with her selling the house to travel or some shit. Why does Luke get the big send off?

Liz seeing the house was mentioned here and on other boards.

The show can be blamed for a lot of things, but I don't see how they can be blamed for Rachel Ames retiring. She wasn't forced into retirement, she chose to quit acting. Like I said, when they asked her back for the 50th anniversary, Becky had to convince her to do it. I don't think she has any interest in coming back. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 2

The show also relies on "Danny is with Monica" or "Danny has a sleepover at the Scorpios"* for his convenient absence.  Same with Rocco.  Same with every other kid who isn't needed for a storyline.  It's nothing new, though fairly hilarious for all the baby rabies that goes around (Sam, Lulu) that the kids are shuffled off-screen 95% of the time.

*when Patrick and Sam were still together

• Love 5

Liz seeing the house was mentioned here and on other boards.

The show can be blamed for a lot of things, but I don't see how they can be blamed for Rachel Ames retiring. She wasn't forced into retirement, she chose to quit acting. Like I said, when they asked her back for the 50th anniversary, Becky had to convince her to do it. I don't think she has any interest in coming back. 

I am not blaming the show for letting her retire. She was near the age of retiring. I am saying once she let it be know, out of respect for decades of work and her giving the show that touch of class it didn't deserve when she left , she deserved a proper send off, instead of dissolving into the ether and being honk! honk! because Liz needs a babysitter. When TG left the show, they gave him a really shitty send off, but they gave it to him. 

It was, natch, all about Jason as Liz finds a picture of him among the wreckage.  I think about how much more affecting that would have been if Liz had found a picture of the boys or, even better, Jake's Christmas stocking from the story she told on Christmas and I siiigh.

Oh, thats right. I forgot because Liz's house blowing up wasn't about Liz and her life. It was about fucking Jason. I forgot about that stupid picture. Like I said, not well written. I think my brain just naturally reject Jason. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

Same. I dont get what Sam having a family on screen has to do with another character not having family.

KeMo was so sparkly today. Love the Davis girls.

Aiden my cutie. Nice to see you and Clark out of the closet. 

• Love 9

I literally fell asleep watching today's ep, it's that dull.

So, is this going to be a new annual tradition, injuring a child so they can send them off to Shriners Hospital?  Mind you, it seems a worthy organization, but are professional writers really unable to write dialogue that sounds natural and not like an obvious commercial for the place? 

• Love 10

A couple of random observations:

Don't know what's going on with Tracy, but I'm lusting after that sheer red/metallic top she wore today.

And, what's with the Shriners Hospital plug. Hope it doesn't turn into an annual event. I get the need for the revenue product placement generates and had no objections to the Campbell's Heart Healthy episodes of the past. But, I really hate the idea of putting a child in harm's way every year just to plug the Shriners.

• Love 4

Bryan Craig is talkingreallyfast 

andthenpausing

isthathowit

wouldreallygo

My sister asked why he was talking like that and I said it was because he had bipolar and she said, "They really should have looked that up." LMAO!

I loled so hard at Cam asking Liz if him and Aiden would be staying with Grams.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

How exactly was she doing that yesterday? She hasn't shown any romantic interest in Nik for a long time now, and she didn't show any yesterday. She didn't suddenly start hating Hayden because she's with Nik, she's hated her for a long time. Nothing she did yesterday was out of jealousy or trying to drive a wedge between Nik and Hayden because she wants Nik for herself.  Hayden and Nik will do that on their own.

Not to mention, that Nik is the one who asked Elizabeth to move in with him. She didn't invite herself. But poor innocent Nik is always just a victim of big bad Liz I guess.

Nothing on screen has indicated that Jason has had feelings for Sam for awhile, and just hasn't acted on them.

So you weren't swooning when the hired killer asked his stalker-ish best friend, the mob moll, to watch her fellow mob moll, the kidnapping accomplice, for him? 

I literally fell asleep watching today's ep, it's that dull.

So, is this going to be a new annual tradition, injuring a child so they can send them off to Shriners Hospital?  Mind you, it seems a worthy organization, but are professional writers really unable to write dialogue that sounds natural and not like an obvious commercial for the place? 

I'm just picturing the staff at Shriners going "another one from GH in Port Charles? The last kid they transferred here was an entitled little asshole."  

Give it time. It'll come.

Can it involve her drunkenly informing the local cops a couple towns over from me "I'm famous!"?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 4
Is the rumor I heard that both Lucas AND Brad managed to stumble onscreen Friday true?

At first I thought the question was literally, did they stumble when they were on screen? I was flashing back in my mind, not remembering them doing anything except sit and stand. I was about to answer, "No, that's Sam's beat."  

• Love 4

I'm just picturing the staff at Shriners going "another one from GH in Port Charles? The last kid they transferred here was an entitled little asshole."

Sometimes I take a moment to remember how Ron wrote that kid as a complete douche but all the characters loved him. Ron was punking the crap out of us.

• Love 2

I really love Davis girl scenes. I also love how Kristina keeps saying outrages stuff to Jason where Sam is concerned. 

So, I am guessing Sam will be sharing scenes with Nik. I really hope she gets back at him or something. I do not need nice Sam during their scenes. I need him to pay for what he did.

I still want Brad to be murdered. Really wish someone would tell Lucas that he can do better than some loser who's married to that Rosalie girl. 

That Darby girl is still here for no reason. When is she going to be killed?

Is Liez going to be back burnered while the Jiz spawn is recovering in Philly?

The Alexis/Kristina/Propped Saint Sam Trippy McFall scenes were the only thing that interested me today. The rest of the show was useless. 

LMOA! I just can't with you sometimes. I like it!

I forgot to mention that Carly listing off facts about Shriner's was so clunky. As if she would know this stuff. LOL.

Don't forget Shriner has 22 Hospitals around North America and Canada. The one Jake is going to is the best one. The best part about this was Billy Miller covering his face like he couldn't just stand there for this informercial. lol

• Love 7

I'm not sure what I was supposed to take away from Sonny/Griffin scenes. Griffin says he's not obligated to treat Sony for a condition he doesn't have, but: (1) I thought Sonny was still paralyzed,( even though he's lying to Carly about how much he's improving) and therefore still needs to be monitored by a doctor?; (2) when was Griffin ever "obligated" to treat Sonny? He's supposed to provide patients with care regardless of what they do in their personal life but if he felt uncomfortable dealing with Sonny I'm sure he could have turned the case over to someone else; (3) It's already been stated that Sonny is expected to eventually make a full recovery so why does he care who his doctor is?

Sonny isn't paralyzed. He can stand so he needs physical therapy, not a neurosurgeon. Griffin wasn't willing to meet with a patient who doesn't need a neurosurgeon because it's a waste of his time, waste of hospital resources and he doesn't want to be involved in a dumb mob plan

If he washed some of the product out of his hair, he'd be perfect.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 15

Brad and Lucas came by to prop Kristina. I'm surprised they bothered having Brad there at all and didn't just get a stuffed bear from the gift shop and put a sign reading "Brad" on it.

I liked Lucas and Brad giving some insight into how it was for them to "come out", but it's sad at the same time because TIIC will push them all aside instead of utilizing them. Kristina hasn't gotten much story coverage; she's mostly there to prop her worthless father, and her "coming out" story is given minimal coverage. I'm fairly certain she will be joining Lucas and Brad in the Void as soon as this story is over.

• Love 3
Kristina hasn't gotten much story coverage; she's mostly there to prop her worthless father, and her "coming out" story is given minimal coverage. I'm fairly certain she will be joining Lucas and Brad in the Void as soon as this story is over.

Which is why I wish the show had just left her straight. Not because being bi or gay is wrong at all. (It's not.) But because GH - and most other soaps - won't actually commit to it and do anything with it, and it will just hamstring the character going forward.

While I had no use for him, Ethan and LA's Kristina seemed to have a fanbase. I know Nathan Parsons is doing prime time gigs, but maybe GH could have attempted to get him back for an arc. Or risk it and recast him.

• Love 1

I should have clarified/explained more in my first post - I mentioned Sam due to Alexis and Kristina being in her apartment today, and then Jason dropping by.  Elizabeth is the only member of Webber Family currently on the canvas; Becky's been playing this character on the show 20 years and yet we still don't even know her mother's name. We know little of her life before she came to Port Charles. Her elder brother and sister have had brief stints in Port Charles.  Then we have Sam, who came to Port Charles as a con in her 20s about 12 years ago. She's gotten a good deal of back story, and we've heard many mentions of her being on her own with her brother Danny. After the Alexis as Sam's mother reveal, there were complaints for years about a Sam's father story.  Now, on her own and via marriage to Jason, she has more relatives/family in Port Charles than probably any character except for Jake. Meanwhile, the TPTB for this SHOW continue to favor Sam/Kelly and do nothing to build up Elizabeth's connections, history, or the core Webber Family.  

• Love 9

I should have clarified/explained more in my first post - I mentioned Sam due to Alexis and Kristina being in her apartment today, and then Jason dropping by. Elizabeth is the only member of Webber Family currently on the canvas; Becky's been playing this character on the show 20 years and yet we still don't even know her mother's name. We know little of her life before she came to Port Charles. Her elder brother and sister have had brief stints in Port Charles. Then we have Sam, who came to Port Charles as a con in her 20s about 12 years ago. She's gotten a good deal of back story, and we've heard many mentions of her being on her own with her brother Danny. After the Alexis as Sam's mother reveal, there were complaints for years about a Sam's father story. Now, on her own and via marriage to Jason, she has more relatives/family in Port Charles than probably any character except for Jake. Meanwhile, the TPTB for this SHOW continue to favor Sam/Kelly and do nothing to build up Elizabeth's connections, history, or the core Webber Family.

To the bolded that still has nothing to do with Sam/KeMo.

Elizabeth not having family currently on canvas is no ones fault except TPTB's. There have been a lot of new characters that have had instant family connections on canvas and got development Sam is not the only one.

I know you're not blaming Sam/Kelly but she shouldn't be bought up at all IMO. I'm just sick of people comparing the two characters about who have what like stories, love interest, family, etc..... it flames the stupid wars, is annoying af and again that's on TPTB.

• Love 10

I was pleasantly surprised we got a lovely Jason/Sam goodbye scene.   And it was sweet he asked Carly to look out for her, it shows he is still worrying about her.   They are just so darn cute together, I love it. 

So is Jake going to Shriner's Hospital for Children?  I wasn't sure of the name, they didn't really mention it.

Still going to need to see Griffin in another setting to decide how I feel about him.

I just need to say.....Anna freaking Devane is NOT an everyday woman.  She is a proper bad ass and should be addressed as such.  

• Love 12

I was a patient of Shriner's for years....(leg braces) and they really are amazing. And do all that for no money is even a greater feat. We had a location near us and I really appreciate all their work...but the infomercial was terrible. Carly was spewing all this "information" and it just wasn't organic. They easily could have a scene where Jason and Liz are discussing the hospital...(sorry, not loving Jason right now, Billy is much better at being comedic and since he learned he's Jason, he's played himself a bit too tense and confused) (ok the argument could be made that's just BM)

Anyways I appreciate the Shriner's plug and that they are recognizing this wonderful place but sponsorship's in shows are getting outrageous! *looking at you Folgers on Hallmark Channel*

This show just has bad writing though, I can't help but think that a fanfiction is SO much better than this! And oy, this bi-polar storyline is gonna be a little out of touch me thinks...

• Love 8

Becky's been playing this character on the show 20 years and yet we still don't even know her mother's name.

Meanwhile, the TPTB for this SHOW continue to favor Sam/Kelly and do nothing to build up Elizabeth's connections, history, or the core Webber Family.  

It's insane to me that they've never done anything with Elizabeth's mother because that's a blank canvas for some very soapy stories that you could tell (it's not a perfect comparison, but I'm thinking of "Port Charles" when they brought in Alison's absentee mother.  Minus the vampires, of course) and you could certainly find a name soap actress in that age range to play the part.  

Buuut...this to me is not a Sam vs. Liz issue, it's an overall issues in soaps, this one in particular.  I mean, how many core characters have been neglected this way across all the soaps?  And the gold standard of that on GH is Sonny vs. AJ.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Sonny isn't paralyzed. He can stand so he needs physical therapy, not a neurosurgeon. Griffin wasn't willing to meet with a patient who doesn't need a neurosurgeon because it's a waste of his time, waste of hospital resources and he doesn't want to be involved in a dumb mob plan

If he washed some of the product out of his hair, he'd be perfect.

I didn't even know Griffin was a neurosurgeon. I don't pay attention. 

• Love 3

Elizabeth not having family currently on canvas is no ones fault except TPTB's. There have been a lot of new characters that have had instant family connections on canvas and got development Sam is not the only one.

I know you're not blaming Sam/Kelly but she shouldn't be bought up at all IMO. 

I understand it is only the TPTB's fault. It's true other characters have had family members on canvas, but in my opinion 10+ at one time is excessive. 

The reason I brought up Sam is because in two episodes, the stark contrast in the support of these two characters got to me. Sam just saw Lucas yesterday for a few moments, she's having a scene with mom and a sister,  the mention of her parents' wedding, and then Jason appearing. The non-Jason worshippers around Liz after she's lost her house and her son's been injured include Lucky's mother and brother, and f*ing Franco. I hate how TPTB continue to prop up the Mob-centric chic, her amnesiac husband and their Mob families/friends while crapping on Liz and ignoring what should be an important core family on a show called General Hospital.  

I'm done talking about this now.

• Love 13