Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

TJ definitely does not know Shawn is his bio dad.

Re the weather, they'll probably say half of PC is on a mountain or something.

Then this is a pointless plot point at this point (see what I did there). Shawn is planted firmly inside prison walls so who cares? I'd rather they focus on a story for Curtis the newcomer, and making sure he doesn't fall into Sonny's lap. Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 3

Shut up, Kristina.

I normally don't mind her but she was so annoying today.

Nik looked decent today, physically.

He did indeed. And now I need to cleanse myself.

And is he Thomas's brother or Jordan's? That has never been clarified.

Confirmed today that he is Thomas' brother.

This episode wasn't horrible if only because there was no Sonny, Dante/Valerie/Lulu, or Liz.

I think BM and KeMo have chem but BM is just really bad in this role. I mean he looks like he has no fucking idea what's going on. Which he probably actually doesn't, but it's really boring to watch him stand around looking like an idiot.

I love Curtis, so I want him moved away from Jordan tbh because I'm over her and this whole thing is boring as fuck.

I love Laura, so I need her to stop talking to Nik forever because I can't with how she's reacting to him proposing to the woman he tried to have murdered.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I'm so tired of sekrits. Can't we just have Curtis: Thorn in Jordan's Side without them? And is he Thomas's brother or Jordan's? That has never been clarified.

Judging by today's scenes, it would appear Curtis is the brother of the late Thomas, though he's not REALLY Uncle Curtis since Shawn is TJ's father.

The police commissioner job is useless since the PCPD is incompetent and the mob always wins. I'd rather see Jordan and Anna run an WSB office in Port Charles or work with Sam as PI's. 

I'm ready for Laura to chill. 

Was it ever explained why someone as smart as Molly is going to PCU? She could go to Fordham, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, etc and still come back to PC whenever the writers wanted to give her something to do.

This whole amnesia thing with Jason needs to be over now. 

I'm going to assume Larry Ashton is connected to Hayden. Probably her father. 

• Love 8

I liked the sister snark...been there, done that.  Loved all the Davis/Jerome stuff.

Lord Ashton is back to aggravate Tracy!  More JE please.  I was really hoping she would grab the last of the doob......

Jason/Sam were a snore.  To me they both are so monotone it just doesn't work. And I noticed the weather change.  Well I suppose if it can be nighttime in one location then daylight elsewhere weather don't matter, either..

• Love 6
Was it ever explained why someone as smart as Molly is going to PCU? She could go to Fordham, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, etc and still come back to PC whenever the writers wanted to give her something to do.

They like to claim that PCU is on the same level as an Ivy League school. But given how Molly is used, there's no reason she has to stay in PC. But given how lame Kristina's reason is for not being in school, maybe we're better off with Molly at PCU.

• Love 1

I asked the same thing awhile back. Its so stupid. They aren't donig anything with her anyway so just send her off to a better school instead of having her slum it at the local university. 

• Love 1

I don't know what they're going for with Laura, honestly. Like, are the writers trying to make her look good by writting her as the Mama Bear who will defend their child no matter what? Because people haven't forgotten her son tried to murder a (reasonably) innocent woman over money. I don't care if you don't like Hayden, or if you don't care about her, people remember that. It just doesnt make her look good at all. Of course Laura is going to be proven right, but what kind of win will that be when she's proven to have been the biggest hypocrite of them all by lying and keeping quiet about what her son did while calling her son's victim trash? What kind of reward will it be when she knows that her son deserved everything he will be getting, and more?

Should she show concern, aprehension, sure, but having the fact that her son is marrying someone he almost killed should be her first thought, not if she's going to screw poor little pooh bear's heart. She shows absolute no concern, no guilt over what her son did to the woman. Nothing except concern for her baby boy getting screwed over. That just isn't Laura...it just isn't.

I did love Tracy and Ashton blazing one up.....still kind of hoping they end up being Hayden's parents....she needs better company.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4

I don't know what they're going for with Laura, honestly. Like, are the writers trying to make her look good by writting her as the Mama Bear who will defend their child no matter what? Because people haven't forgotten her son tried to murder a (reasonably) innocent woman over money. I don't care if you don't like Hayden, or if you don't care about her, people remember that. It just doesnt make her look good at all. Of course Laura is going to be proved right, but what kind of win will that be when she's proven to have been the biggest hypocrite of them all by lying and keeping quiet about what her son did while calling her son's victim trash? What kind of reward will it be when she knows that her son deserved everything he will be getting, and more?

Should she show concern, aprehension, sure, but having the fact that her son is marrying someone he almost killed should be her first thought, not if she's going to screw poor little pooh bear's heart. She shows absolute no concern, no guilt over what her son did to the woman. Nothing except concern for her baby boy getting screwed over. That just isn't Laura...it just isn't.

I'm disappointed that no one has confronted Laura about helping Liez and Nik get away with their scheme. Then again, this is the same show that has Liez acting like she's some sort of victim and Sam STILL hasn't confronted Nik so I shouldn't be surprised. y. 

• Love 6

I'm disappointed that no one has confronted Laura about helping Liez and Nik get away with their scheme. Then again, this is the same show that has Liez acting like she's some sort of victim and Sam STILL hasn't confronted Nik so I shouldn't be surprised. y. 

I LOVE that Sam rolled her eyes and walked away from her lame ass apology.  Now Nikolas on the other hand.....But it's been months, I don't think we are getting  Sam/Nik confrontation.  SO STUPID.

Well I guess I am one of the only ones that liked the Jason/Sam stuff today.  I absolutely LOVED Sam's dialogue.  I think what she said was true, she doesn't want to cloud his memory, but at the same time I think it is hurting her too much to go through this with him.  But it is true to her character to want to let him find his own way, it was the same in 05.  But now that he knows how he felt with her, he wants his memories back.  And I do think BM did a good job here...I know others weren't crazy with his performance, but I think he was very....restrained.  And it worked well in this case.   He looked at her a few times like a nervous school boy.....he has this very intense feeling that he has no idea what to do with.  I thought it worked well, but YMMV.   The strongest indicator for me was his idea to go to hypnosis.  Dude must REALLY want to explore more of these intense feelings if he is willing to do that.

And speaking as someone that live in New England, it CAN rain one second and snow the next.   But yeah, the snow on the PH roof looked pretty fluffy and not rained on at all.....bad continuity. 

Tracy getting high was hilarious.  Glad she told Larry to go to hell. 

Nikolas and Hayden....Just gross.   No show, I will NOT get behind a POS trying to marry the woman he TRIED TO MURDER.   Just STOP.

• Love 14

Lulu is the victim. First Val is a cop in training didn't anyone ever tell her not to allow a stranger in her car. She will make a great partner for the other sainted cop on the force, the one who took money from the mob don, even after he put a bullet in his chest, and was in the process of telling him while he lay there dieing he was going to shoot him again and bury him where he wouldn't be found. Dante is a cop when it suits him. Sure Lulu helped Johnny, she covered for him. Don't see Maxie in jail for the same thing. I for one want to shake Lulu and make her see Dante is guilty also. Breaking the law, aren't Dante and Vals affair against the police law. No fraternizing. Even Jordan knew this, and she let it go, and allowed Val to go to the joke of a police academy. . ..... These writers can't get anything right.Lulu is the bad guy, OK dante can have Val ,and I am sure Luke would be really pleased that Aunt Bobbie is on Vals side. As for Lulu not wanting Val around. Guess she was right.

• Val didn't feel that Johnny was a stranger anymore. So she gave him a ride in her car. I wouldn't have done that, but Val has always been naive in a small-town way. Let's not blame the victim for the crime.
  • Maxie reported Johnny's presence to the police  (Nathan et al.), protecting Lulu by not mentioning her. Lulu gave days of shelter to Johnny, gave him the idea to get rid of Val from PC, and brought him money and a passport to the scene of the crime (i.e., Val tied up in a remote spot with candles burning around her.) Premeditation, aiding and abetting a fugitive criminal who was in progress of committing a fresh crime (kidnapping and at least mental torture of Val)
  • Dante did not break the law by aiding and abetting a fugitive criminal. Lulu did that. He did everything he could to capture Johnny while still protecting Lulu from being known as Johnny's helper and shelter-provider.
  • Jordan did warn the two about fraternizing at the Academy, but their fraternizing was in no way comparable to Lulu's aiding and abetting a known fugitive escape the law and perform fresh crimes. Jordan should have seen to it that they were not assigned to the same stakeout, etc.

I can't see Lulu being the victim of anything, especially after she asked Johnny to help her get Val out of town. Even the adultery was not all Dante's and Val's fault...a marriage is two people, and one of them cannot be "stolen" willingly..there is already something weak or crumbling in the relationship. Olivia has already broached that idea to Lulu, and I personally think that Lulu's extreme baby rabies has had something to do with weakening the marriage. Dante and Val are wrong for their affair, but I am not surprised it happened.

• Love 1
I'm disappointed that no one has confronted Laura about helping Liez and Nik get away with their scheme.

Liz and Laura's last names do not begin with the letter 'C' nor end with the letters 'orinthos'.   They aren't male so they will suffer and be shunned.  Of course, Nik skates, but he is saddled with Spencer.

• Love 3

I'm so tired of Jordan's hostility to Curtis.

Oh Show, having TJ do a 180-degree turn offscreen is so plot-pointy. I'm so fond of the actor and would have liked to see his changes acted out on my screen, instead of being forced to watch rage-inducing schmoobey love of Franks and Neens or being dragged through scene after scene of Jason and Goth Nancy Drew mumbling through efforts of "remembering".

I can no longer watch tedious Jasam and the mumbling--oh Lord, the mumbling!! The low energy! The coma-inducing boredom!.

• Love 3

If I was into Sam and/or Jason I would have liked the scenes. . . I thought they seemed decently written.

I liked it too. I really enjoyed the way Sam dealt with Jason getting this new memory in a mature way. She was happy, sad, and also very cautious. All the right emotions to have when her husband amnesiac is remembering a significant and romantic moment in their history. 

• Love 11

I LOVE that Sam rolled her eyes and walked away from her lame ass apology.  Now Nikolas on the other hand.....But it's been months, I don't think we are getting  Sam/Nik confrontation.  SO STUPID.

Well I guess I am one of the only ones that liked the Jason/Sam stuff today.  I absolutely LOVED Sam's dialogue.  I think what she said was true, she doesn't want to cloud his memory, but at the same time I think it is hurting her too much to go through this with him.  But it is true to her character to want to let him find his own way, it was the same in 05.  But now that he knows how he felt with her, he wants his memories back.  And I do think BM did a good job here...I know others weren't crazy with his performance, but I think he was very....restrained.  And it worked well in this case.   He looked at her a few times like a nervous school boy.....he has this very intense feeling that he has no idea what to do with.  I thought it worked well, but YMMV.   The strongest indicator for me was his idea to go to hypnosis.  Dude must REALLY want to explore more of these intense feelings if he is willing to do that.. 

Jason having flashes of memories would be more impact if he and Sam hadn't already gone through this and if this whole thing hadn't been dragged out for so long. As it is, I just want Jason to hurry up and get his memory back so we can move on to the next thing. 

• Love 6

Dumb question but who is Ned?

Tracy's oldest son who was played by Wally Kurth (now recurring on Days as Justin Kiriakis). He was also played by Kurt McKinney way back in the early '90s before WK assumed the role.

• Love 1

Dumb question but who is Ned?

Dillion's Non Boring brother, Tracy's decent son. He is a lawyer in Salem now with his gay son and Paulina Cory from Another World.

Regarding the weather: I'm in South Louisiana, by New Orleans, and in the past two weeks it's rained (like monsoon get the ark type shit), been cold, then hot, then humid, then windy af. Literally in the space of hours and days. The weather is fickle. It'll also rain on one side of town and not the other. So, I buy that happening in PC.

• Love 2

I asked the same thing awhile back. Its so stupid. They aren't doing anything with her [Molly] anyway so just send her off to a better school instead of having her slum it at the local university. 

Hey, no one slummed it as much as Andrea Zuckerman did turning down Yale for California University. She could have at least gone to Stanford.

I haven't seen today yet, but I did catch up on Friday's show. Jason/Billy Miller did this hilarious thing pointing at Carly that only Sam could see. That was the most personality I've seen out of him yet.

I can't take any scenes with the Corinthii seriously anymore. I look to your example every day? What the fuck ever, Michael.

Here's my very brief thought on Valerie. She could have been a decent character if they had let her be remorseful and actually paired her with Private Mayo. I know he sucks, but they had a decent amount of chemistry. They could have both bonded over not being with the ones they wanted and could start out as friends with benefits, and then have it turn into more.

Extremely lame episode for a Friday, but why should I be surprised?

• Love 8

Here's my very brief thought on Valerie. She could have been a decent character if they had let her be remorseful and actually paired her with Private Mayo. I know he sucks, but they had a decent amount of chemistry. They could have both bonded over not being with the ones they wanted and could start out as friends with benefits, and then have it turn into more.

I honestly thought that was where they were going with it. It's kind of Soap 101 but RC generally tries to tie his characters to established characters.  

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

• Val didn't feel that Johnny was a stranger anymore. So she gave him a ride in her car. I wouldn't have done that, but Val has always been naive in a small-town way. Let's not blame the victim for the crime.
  • Maxie reported Johnny's presence to the police  (Nathan et al.), protecting Lulu by not mentioning her. Lulu gave days of shelter to Johnny, gave him the idea to get rid of Val from PC, and brought him money and a passport to the scene of the crime (i.e., Val tied up in a remote spot with candles burning around her.) Premeditation, aiding and abetting a fugitive criminal who was in progress of committing a fresh crime (kidnapping and at least mental torture of Val)
  • Dante did not break the law by aiding and abetting a fugitive criminal. Lulu did that. He did everything he could to capture Johnny while still protecting Lulu from being known as Johnny's helper and shelter-provider.
  • Jordan did warn the two about fraternizing at the Academy, but their fraternizing was in no way comparable to Lulu's aiding and abetting a known fugitive escape the law and perform fresh crimes. Jordan should have seen to it that they were not assigned to the same stakeout, etc.

I can't see Lulu being the victim of anything, especially after she asked Johnny to help her get Val out of town. Even the adultery was not all Dante's and Val's fault...a marriage is two people, and one of them cannot be "stolen" willingly..there is already something weak or crumbling in the relationship. Olivia has already broached that idea to Lulu, and I personally think that Lulu's extreme baby rabies has had something to do with weakening the marriage. Dante and Val are wrong for their affair, but I am not surprised it happened.

Lulu is the victim of her husband's infidelity as she is his wife. The adultery was all of Dante's and Valerie's fault because they committed it while Lulu didn't sleep with Dillon. Dante broke his vows he made in front of God and Valerie was well aware Dante was married to Lulu. If Dante thinks his wife is lying, he should bloodly well call her out on it instead of pretending on the phone that everything is okay. So basically, they both were lying.  Lulu's baby rabies... all of her eggs are dead thanks to her half brother's psycho family and their son was turning 2.  Both are good reasons to start preparing for a second child.  Even still, Dante should have questioned why she was so keen on having his baby but also having an affair with a guy she barely spoken about since he left town nearly 8 years ago. If Dante doesn't want to have a baby at the present time, speak up and/or don't convince the DA to drop charges against someone else  after Dr.O imprisoned Liz at gunpoint because the criminal was holding his embryo hostage.  Now thinking about it Dante is even more at fault for the affair, not less. Lulu told one lie that her family made her keep, but every other time in recent history, she was pretty up front when she had a problem, like when Dante, with Nathan, accosted Johnny behind her back instead of coming to her first and explaining his trust issues. Dante is the one that has been holding back every time he felt there was issues with their marriage, as Johnny was the one that outed that Dante strong armed him at his own home.

And since he has no problem with violent criminals kidnapping innocent women, maybe he should be bygones with Lulu as he was with Dr.O. When he went to Scotty about dropping all the charges, did he make sure that Liz okay with it, as she isn't the badass Sam is and had two young children that she is raising on her own? *Oh, thats right! No one had a fucking clue  Dr.O was free until she showed up to work because there wasn't even a trial.* Johnny didn't want any physically harm to come to Valerie as he only tied her up and left while Dr.O was ready to shot and kill Liz. Comparing crimes, which one is worse? What Johnny did or what Dr.O did, because Dante didn't seem to give a fuck about Dr.O who is arguably the more dangerous criminal, if it might be at the expense of his family happiness.

*Looked up the clip. Lulu did clear it with Liz and Nik, but at the very same time that Dante was discussing it with Scott. It was the rest of the hospital staff that was surprised. Dante still got a terrorist that kidnapped Robin free and clear of kidnapping, hostage taking and attempted murder. Considering this wasn't the first time she pulled something like this, he didn't have many qualms about keeping the general population safe. And forget bring the Police Commissioner's family some justice for what Dr.O did to Robert and Robin.  Not once did Dante (or DZ in his performance) sounded like he didn't want the unborn embryo, not when he was convincing Scott or talking to his wife beforehand. Lulu didn't browbeat Dante into going to the justice department to get back their embryo.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 15

I have zero interest in Jason's flashes of memory if they don't also include Thanksgiving carols around the Q mansion holiday pizza, wearing reindeer sweaters.

Oh God.. I'd give anything for him to have a flash of AJ and then look at his super awesome besties and spew "You murdered my brother. You treated him like trash. I went along with it. I don't want to be this Jason Morgan. I don't want to be your hero." Then he has to deal with his Quartermaine life and the consequences of being Sonny and Carly's friend.

• Love 9

What truth does Jordan not want Curtis to tell TJ? I'm already not liking how I think Curtis is going to be utilized as a character. He's just a Shawn substitute. It won't be long before he's in Sonny's orbit. Just watch!

Shhhhh! Don't help them ruin characters! 

The American health care system is in enough trouble without adding Dr. TJ into the mix.

At least they are making an attempt at having a doctor on the show????? 

I did love Tracy and Ashton blazing one up.....still kind of hoping they end up being Hayden's parents....she needs better company.

Is that what was going on?!? LOL! 

So tired of Sam and Jason's push/pull.  And their ear-bleed theme song.

Remember when soap super-couples having a song was awesome? (I still remember Patch and Kayla's.) I use Sam/Jason scenes as an extended pee break.  

• Love 5

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Curtis/Franco mystery? Interesting material right there not being followed up on.

You answered your own question right there. It was potentially interesting ergo it is not on our screens. 

I have zero interest in Jason's flashes of memory if they don't also include Thanksgiving carols around the Q mansion holiday pizza, wearing reindeer sweaters.

I really do not understand the whole "will Jason get his memory back" bull.  

• He completely lost his memory once and the Qs were awful for wanting him to get it back.
  • Jason wants to know who did this to him. Dude, the line of candidates starts at the Port Charles pier and is still picking up new candidates somewhere around Guadalajara. There are plenty of reasons to want to kill you, Jason. Plenty.
  • Ok, I can see want to regain memories of your children - if your children didn't include a budding member of the Hitler Youth Future Serial Killers of America Non-Hooker Division. And it's not like he's going to have memories of Danny's first months.
  • Yes, you may remember touching moments with Sam and potential Robin but along with that comes memories of Courtney, Carly making you do her bidding, Sonny sexing up Carly to do you a solid, and some very very bad hair styles.

I'm so tired of sekrits. Can't we just have Curtis: Thorn in Jordan's Side without them? And is he Thomas's brother or Jordan's? That has never been clarified.

Sekrits are just lies waiting to happen. Lies are worst than redrum. Ispo facto we can never have enough sekrits in Port Charles to justify the roughly 75 killers in town who constitute polite society.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 11

I love seeing Hugo Napier, love Lord Larry, but hate how they are writing him as nothing but a con and a complete clown-and now, a pothead. Back in the day, yes, he was comic relief, but he also had gravitas when the situation called for it. I don't know if these writers are just incapable of writing layers, too lazy to do it, or what, but...I'd rather they just stick to the characters we have if they're just gonna write some of them (Paul, Larry) any old way they want to. They should be recognizable as who they were before, otherwise, why bother?

With that said, wouldn't it be delicious if Hayden knew she was adopted, had already found dear old dad, who knew nothing about her, and the whole ELQ thing is a sting within a sting, where Larry and Rachel/Hayden-Rayden? Haychel? decided to get back at Tracy for giving her up and never telling Larry. I think it's totally plausible that what happened yesterday happened a few times over the years. I can totally see Tracy and Larry having a few rendevous over the years they were both gone from PC, and Tracy never telling him if she got pregnant.

But that would have to mean that the show is invested in the Qs, and I'm not seeing any real signs that the current writers care about them enough to do that.

JE and HN are hilarious together though, I'll give them that. They were the only thing about yesterday that was actually creative, interesting, unique. Otherwise, blah.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Liz and Laura's last names do not begin with the letter 'C' nor end with the letters 'orinthos'.   They aren't male so they will suffer and be shunned.  Of course, Nik skates, but he is saddled with Spencer.

Laura and Liz seem to be doing just fine and probably will continue skating, just as Nik is. And really I'm over it. I just need them to move on to other stories already.

This so much. I don't know why they didn't go this route. Why did they randomly have Dillon kiss her on New Years Eve though? I feel like they can't decide wtf they wanna do with this whole story. Or any story really.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

They clearly have no road map for any of the stories we're seeing, and I think that's why we see one thing one day being contradicted the next.

Rachel/Hayden-Rayden? Haychel? decided to get back at Tracy for giving her up and never telling Larry.

Please, no. Tracy has suffered enough over the years. She doesn't need a forgotten child to show up and give her hell. Rebecca Budig can be Larry's daughter, but not by Tracy.

• Love 6

They clearly have no road map for any of the stories we're seeing, and I think that's why we see one thing one day being contradicted the next.

Please, no. Tracy has suffered enough over the years. She doesn't need a forgotten child to show up and give her hell. Rebecca Budig can be Larry's daughter, but not by Tracy.

Has she though? Suffered enough, I mean. Suffering is a soap staple, or it should be. If she's going to be around, might as well suffer some more.

I do agree, she doesn't need another kid. And I'm perfectly happy for Hayden to turn out to be a niece or cousin, but I want her to be Q. Not because I just love Hayden that much. I don't. But her personality fits right in, and they need some fresh blood.  If she's Larry's, but not Tracy's, Ned will have a sister, so that's something, I guess.

• Love 1

Is Laura proud of her children?  Which sheep is the blackest?

It makes sense that the children of Luke/Laura and Stavros/Laura would be fubar. So, with that in mind, we may need to redefine what it means to be Laura's black sheep child. Let's look at Laura's track record on the biggies.

Murder - Mom's kinda a pro. What's she got? Three kills?

Mental Illness - Mom owns it and her health insurer can show you the receipts

Substance Abuse - not that I recall for Laura but this may serve as a proxy for Mental Illness

Infidelity - uh, yeah

Treating a loved one in a shabby manner - Scott Baldwin, care to take the stand?

Letting others take the heat for your misdeeds - get out a oujia board so David Hamilton can testify

If being a black sheep means failing to excel at Mom's core competencies, then Lucky is indeed the black sheep.

• Love 1
Has she though? Suffered enough, I mean. Suffering is a soap staple, or it should be. If she's going to be around, might as well suffer some more.

Not when that's all that happens to her. It's as annoying to watch as Sonny always winning. 

• Love 5