Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Were supposed to find the Nikolas and Spencer's discussion of Nik's feelings for Hayden endearing, because I hate to have to keep saying it, but he tried to murder her!

I didn't find it endearing for that exact reason, and also because it's a lazy retread of what they did with Nikolas/Spencer/Britt and, as always, I'm #teambritt

After what Julian did to Rick and Alexis believing him, neither of them have a leg to stand on with Molly. She should be refusing to live with Julian and Alexis his mob moll if she wants to be a moron and still be with him. 

I will give Molly a point for not adopting the hypocritical attitude everyone else has re: Sonny and Julian and how Sonny's a GOOD mobster and Julian's a BAD mobster.  She was equally not enthused about TJ living at Sonny's as she was about Julian being her roommate.

• Love 6

"My name's Darby but you can call me Dar." Really? REALLY? I'm so incredulous.

The Michael/Sabrina story would actually be so cute if it wasn't a WTD and if Michael hadn't gone back to his SLS ways. Sigh. So many missed opportunities on this show.

I ended up fast forwarding all the Sam/Spinelli and Jason/Nik scenes. I tried, but I'm already just so fucking tired of Jason. And it's only gonna get worse. Sigh again.

I love Hayden's outfit. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

"My name's Darby but you can call me Dar." Really? REALLY? I'm so incredulous.

Oh... that's unfortunate. "Dar" makes me think of Erika Moen's autobiographical web-comic that she maintained for a number of years. She called it 'Dar!' because that's the noise she made when she tripped or fucked up or whatever. It was her version of 'Duh!' or 'D'oh!' and... seriously... who the hell shortens Darby to 'Dar' anyway?!

This show strikes me as monumentally insipid.

• Love 6

I actually liked Ned and Olivia's brief relationship or whatever it was. Damn this show for ruining everything.

I thought they were adorable, they had chem and up until the DBL and all the stupidity that flowed from it - I enjoyed them MUCH more than Julian/Alexis

• Love 7

I ended up fast forwarding all the Sam/Spinelli and Jason/Nik scenes. I tried, but I'm already just so fucking tired of Jason. And it's only gonna get worse. Sigh again.

I would have liked at least a few weeks of Sam not talking about Jason, especially after making such a big deal of finally moving on from Jason, leaving her toys at the restaurant and using ClipArt to make a poster for Dr. Douche.

• Love 2

So they aged Joss, but we're stuck with the same Spencer? I was kind of hoping the KiddieQuad would get SORASed into junior high at least.

I'm so annoyed that all of a sudden, Ned couldn't keep up Olivia's baby lie. I wish he had found those scruples BEFORE he gave up ELQ.

The new chick reminds me of dead Sage Alcazar (acting skill is about the same, too).

• Love 5

So they aged Joss, but we're stuck with the same Spencer? I was kind of hoping the KiddieQuad would get SORASed into junior high at least.

The reason they got another Joss is because the old one is actually too busy to do GH.

Gee, Sam, maybe the reason why you think Jason is out there is because you can't go more than three words without mentioning his name. You don't ever give him a chance to fade away.

I loved TJ in the background wishing he were anywhere but in Julian's apartment.

Why doesn't Olivia have her own place anymore? Did something happen to it (besides a cheap budget)?

I'm so annoyed that all of a sudden, Ned couldn't keep up Olivia's baby lie. I wish he had found those scruples BEFORE he gave up ELQ.

Thank Jasus Ned came to his senses and bowed out of the whole Leo mess. He was an idiot to go along with it in the first place; if losing his shares is the price he pays, he's getting off cheap. Especially when Olivia got all martyr-y: "I've done this before. I can do it again."

I don't get why she needs an immediate nickname. Her name has two syllables that are easy to pronounce.

Maybe Frank has some kind of weird "but you can call me" fixation?  Or has he just decided that Morgan is particularly attracted to women who like to be called by another name?  Lauren/Kiki, Darby/Dar, Ava/Denise...

Almost forgot to add...  As much as I love WK/Ned, I'm also kind of annoyed that we apparently just had to have Ned come back and break up with Olivia on screen, to the point where it was necessary to go ask Days to let him come play for a day.  Like that is the one story beat that we just could not skimp on playing out onscreen with the real actor.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 4

You can call me Dar! Seriously?! Granted, the actress is pretty but she looks three or four years older than Molly & TJ. I don't like drunk Kiki any more than sober Kiki. I thought Haley Pullos did well in her hissy fit with Jullian. She's really grown as an actress. I do have one question. Did TJ have any lines today? It looked like he was just standing around in the hotel room and at the Haunted Star. Now, I know why he's looking for other work.

Edited by ByaNose

They converted her set for Silas. From what I hear Franco, Neens and Keeks now live there.

Not for Silas. Lucky lived on that set before Silas'. I think Olivia's apartment was converted into Sabrina's, actually. but I'm not sure, but it kinda looks like it to me.

Not for Silas. Lucky lived on that set before Silas'. I think Olivia's apartment was converted into Sabrina's, actually. but I'm not sure, but it kinda looks like it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aj0wvnfpm4&list=PLCC09D685D7B2C4DC

It was Lucky's. Then they made it Steven Lars after Lucky left, when Steve went to Prison in Memphis, Olivia continued to stay there until they painted it gray and made it Silas'.

I don't remember the above set.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Were supposed to find the Nikolas and Spencer's discussion of Nik's feelings for Hayden endearing, because I hate to have to keep saying it, but he tried to murder her!

Soap Opera 101 foreplay requires that you rape your love interest, put out a hit on them, shoot them in the head while their having your baby, kidnapping, drugging them for sex, etc....  

Liz really is a dumbass to confront Hayden the way she did, but I have to admit there is NO bitch face like a Liz bitch face.  No one does it better!

Entirely True. I still miss Bitch-please!Cam but I think BH relies on bitch face sometimes when she shouldn't. All the bitch face during the Danny lie made the crying about "that poor other mother" during her confession to Jason sound like BS

• Love 2

It was Lucky's. Then they made it Steven Lars after Lucky left, when Steve went to Prison in Memphis, Olivia continued to stay there until they painted it gray and made it Silas'.

I don't remember the above set.

I remember at one point that Olivia was living in the apartment Robin was living in when she returned in 2005. Seems that all the sets get recycled down the line.

Entirely True. I still miss Bitch-please!Cam but I think BH relies on bitch face sometimes when she shouldn't. All the bitch face during the Danny lie made the crying about "that poor other mother" during her confession to Jason sound like BS

Braden Walkes (curly haired Cam) had the best bitch face when he looked at Jason at the Spencer home in 2007.

• Love 1

Is that a good Jolivia scene or not? Maybe I'll go hunt down some of their old stuff. Some of it was hot as hell.

What a complete and total waste of time for today. Darby "call me Dar" seems just as stupid as Morgan, so I guess it's appropriate.

Um show, I know that I had said I wanted Nik to show emotion and tenderness when talking about Hayden. That was not supposed to involve Spencer, and I'm still not buying it anyway. Try harder, TC and writers. Greenlee is the only one worth watching.

• Love 1

Dante and Lulu: "We need another baby.  A brother or sister for what's-his-name, wherever he is." 

There doesn't seem to be any money issues for the implantation this time.  And I say one embryo is kind of a longshot.  No need to repaint the (non-existent) nursery yet.

Where does Kiki get all the money for booze?  You'd think that Silas' wallet would be empty by now.

And Spencer?  Wow, that kid is so disfigured from the fire.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

It was bad enough when she told Morgan he could call her 'Dar,' but then they had Molly actually call her that and I just threw my hands in the air in exasperation.

...if the show thinks Darby is such an annoying name that it immediately needs a nickname...maybe they should have named her something different.

But nothing's gonna get me down because...KEVIN!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I must admit I thought Olivia's baby looked black, too. Then I thought she was Lisa Cicerio was using her own kid. I could be wrong about that. For some reason, I always like when actresses use their own kids.

I'm confused about the Sabrina reveal to Michael. Is the baby really Carlooooos? If that's the case didn't she and he sleep together ages ago? Is the reason she was afraid to tell Micahel is because he's in the mob? I thought it was weird that Michael didn't bring that point up himself. Just curious.

• Love 1

Yeah I thought Carlos was killed late winter/early spring. Sabrina would be half way through the pregnancy about if it were his. If she's been in denial about symptoms for that long her casual drinks with Tracy should be a top concern. Or are they fudging the timeline of his death just to do this stupid WTD.

• Love 1

Gigi43, yeah I guess soap time can be different from soap time. Actually, I'm not even sure if she and Carlos even had sex. I'm not even sure if they had couch sex. LOL!!! I know Felix had asked her several times if they did and I thought she had denied then which was last year. I agree if they are making Carlos the baby daddy it's dumb on arrival. The new writers can't be doing that, right?

Yeah I thought Carlos was killed late winter/early spring.

It was during the live shows in mid-May.

Actually, I'm not even sure if she and Carlos even had sex.

They had sex. They had "lots and lots" of sex.

• Love 5

Also, didn't Felix ask Sabrina if Michael was the father when she confirmed she was pregnant and she responded with something like "of course, what kind of girl do you think I am?" Of course in the vein of no subtlety on this show, that might have been a giant sized anvil being dropped. A WTD storyline makes no sense when the second possible daddy is dead.

And it would make no sense to make the baby Carlos' unless the actress is leaving because that would mean the child, like Sabrina, has no ties to anyone on the show. Sabrina having a child with Michael ties her to Quatermaines and the Corinthos. Best I can think, if this does go the WTD way, is that the writers have this stupid idea to recreate Micheal's own story with him raising someone else's baby as his, like Jason and later Sonny did with him. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Maybe TeCa was that blind item about someone leaving (as it was clarified that, while they may go, it did not refer to Jason Thompson or Billy Miller). It would explain the paternity change up. And wasn't there a rumor that Carrrrrrrlos may not be worm food after all? (Likely to clean Anna up, if so.)

Dante and Lulu: "We need another baby. A brother or sister for what's-his-name, wherever he is."

There doesn't seem to be any money issues for the implantation this time. And I say one embryo is kind of a longshot. No need to repaint the (non-existent) nursery yet.

Where does Kiki get all the money for booze? You'd think that Silas' wallet would be empty by now.

And Spencer? Wow, that kid is so disfigured from the fire.

I don't think implantation or the making of an embryo costs that much and is actually covered under insurance a lot of the time now. It's surrogacy that is the really expensive part, that they're forgoing now.

Not that I still didn't chuckle at what you wrote.

Is that a good Jolivia scene or not? Maybe I'll go hunt down some of their old stuff. Some of it was hot as hell.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think it's a decent scene.

I just can't that they are putting Darby on the canvas---why ANOTHER new character? She seems to have the same aggressive personality as Hayden, who was practically tackling Nik to have sex for awhile there.

Gah Olivia! Now there's a character who could disappear from the canvas with scarcely a ripple. Ned says he doesn't want to continue their relationship with a big lie like false paternity, and she's all hurt and chafed? I noticed the baby was a new one, after the cranky crying one they used last time when Joolian saw baby and mother conveniently outside his door. Seems a little obvious that the Show decided to abandon having Olivia's false Quartermaine spawn in favor of Sabrina's false Quartermaine spawn (if her baby is Carrrrrlos's). I predict that either Sonny or Mac will end up raising whatever spawn is deemed Quartermaine.

So Ned completely flakes out on his promises to Olivia and her kid and not only abandons the kid but the relationship so he can rock out on the road with his REAL child.

Typical Ned. What a fucking douchebag.  Pledging himself, a grown assed man, to support her in her decision and stay the course with her and Leo, and then completely checking out 3 months later with no warning. Because Olivia was ready to PROPOSE to him. She might be an insufferably hypocritical snot, but she was completely blindsided by Ned's "see ya!" 

What I really don't get is why the scenes played as heart breaking and soulful and Ned being a good guy and not Olivia losing her shit and throwing stuff at his head and showing him the ring and calling him every name in the book for leaving her high and dry and basically being a mealy mouthed asshole.

Fuck Ned and his rocking out with his loser daughter.

• Love 1

Today's show was a mess.  This Darby character already seems obnoxious the actress didn't even make it through an entire episode without being allotted to a place to the FF mode.  Molly's voice continues to be grating/whiny.  Olivia should have stayed in Bensonhurst.  Morgan and Kiki should be volunteering at a shelter. Even when the happiness that I get by seeing Ned is dampened by the presence of Spinelli and his 'special' vocabulary.  Michael is dead to me and I don't need another WOTD plot especially with an actress that is real boring and ten gazillion months along in her real life pregnancy.  I can't even bare to hear the words 'Jason' coming out of Sam's mouth any more.  They even screwed up the special effects of the shooting star by having the script reference it before it happened.  Basically, no Nina/Franco or Sonny/Carly and the episode still blew chunks.  When Spencer isn't in the top five characters that you wish weren't on the screen, it is nearing the time to check for the schedule of the launch to the barge.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

I was amazed Ned came back just to peace out on poor Olivia. I came back for those scenes just to see how that played - it was awful. Honestly, I love Lisa Lo Cicero and like having her around but I ended up liking this couple (even if it is basically a copy of Ned and Lois) and they should have just written Ned and Olivia out happy together if this was their alternative. Or they could have just had her stay in PC and hold down the fort for him as Mrs. Ashton while he's off on ELQ business. She could even have moved into the mansion. Instead they did this and she's passing off her own baby as "Mateo"? Jeez. Gross.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Was this entire DBL written to give Franco a win and give Nik ELQ shares? Because it feels like absolutely zero thought has gone into the fallout. The "story" isn't about Olivia/Julian. The most time it got was when ELQ shares were being routinely surrendered to assholes for the world's dumbest secret.

• Love 3

Thank Jasus Ned came to his senses and bowed out of the whole Leo mess. He was an idiot to go along with it in the first place; if losing his shares is the price he pays, he's getting off cheap. Especially when Olivia got all martyr-y: "I've done this before. I can do it again."

Do Nina/Franco still have Ned's stock?

I don't think implantation or the making of an embryo costs that much and is actually covered under insurance a lot of the time now.

As someone who has been through it (unsuccessfully) it is extremely costly.  Just "making the embryo" can cost around $18k including all the blood work, ultrasounds, doctor visits, medications, etc..  Another few thousand for the implantation procedure.  And unfortunately most insurance companies pay NOTHING.  I live in NJ which has a state law mandating insurance pay for infertility treatments.  However the law is so flimsy and has so many loopholes that most companies are able to get out of it.  My company, through which I get my insurance, unfortunately was able to get a waiver so insurance pays nada:(

Also, the chances of an embryo implanting and resulting in a viable pregnancy are about 50/50.  So they are definitely putting all their egg(s) in one Lulu, so to speak;)

• Love 1
And Spencer?  Wow, that kid is so disfigured from the fire.

He's still scarred on the inside. *rme*

If she's been in denial about symptoms for that long her casual drinks with Tracy should be a top concern.

Nah, she's fine with that. Sabrina isn't a boozer, and one or two drinks occasionally aren't going to do any harm.

Looks like I need to post my Go, Ned! comments in the UO thread. I don't blame him for bailing. Everything he told Olivia—he'd soon be living to service the lie—was entirely true. But then, this is one of my rage-blackout stories, so the less of it I have to watch, the better.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I was amazed Ned came back just to peace out on poor Olivia. I came back for those scenes just to see how that played - it was awful. Honestly, I love Lisa Lo Cicero and like having her around but I ended up liking this couple (even if it is basically a copy of Ned and Lois) and they should have just written Ned and Olivia out happy together if this was their alternative. Or they could have just had her stay in PC and hold down the fort for him as Mrs. Ashton while he's off on ELQ business. She could even have moved into the mansion. Instead they did this and she's passing off her own baby as "Mateo"? Jeez. Gross.

Especially because now what the hell are they going to do with Olivia.  There's no one to pair her with and the baby secret seems like it's not too long for this world.  And then what?  Yet another custody battle?  Or Olivia chiming in from the sidelines once the Dante/Valerie reveal happens?

• Love 2