Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

if after the reveal, Carly does anything less to Liz than kill her and eat her...

Well, Carlybabes is the biggest victim here.  To have her bestie withheld from her when she needed him.  Much worse than keeping him from his fah-mily.

• Love 5

I hope that Liz sees that Jason, even without his memories, will always feel the urge to be Sonny and Carly's errand boy first and foremost. She should just say "bored now," tell him who he is while kicking him out of the house and go hook up with Ric. And maybe hire a bodyguard for when Carly finds out.  I would say for when Sam finds out too but she's so milquetoast lately she's no threat. 

• Love 5

as leggy as Maura West was in that short robe

Yeah, note to the wardrobe folks, that was waaaay too short, you could see MW hold the hem down when she sat as a precaution, and they shot her close while she sat, as if MW showed too much leg while seated.

Makes me wonder, retroactively, what they did in the mid 90's when micro mini's were the rage.

I don't understand why everyone had to humor Sonny's Jason fantasies. It's actually one of my least favorite soap tropes, the "don't contradict an injured/sick person, they can't handle the truth." Passions relied on that all. the. time.

I don't understand why everyone had to humor Sonny's Jason fantasies. It's actually one of my least favorite soap tropes, the "don't contradict an injured/sick person, they can't handle the truth."

If he's so high on morphine, it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

• Love 1

"I'm just worried about Molly." Here's an idea, TJ: Don't send Morgan after her mother's boyfriend.

Michael said that Morgan and Dante talked him down from shooting Sonny. I don't know why Michael didn't just slug Morgan.

The "blood" on Julian's forehead was hilarious.

Dillon was really throwing himself a pity party about Paul today. He has some legitimate points, but sheesh, way to wallow.

I loved Paul's blasé admittance that he stole the flash drive from Scott's hotel room.

• Love 2

Yeah, note to the wardrobe folks, that was waaaay too short, you could see MW hold the hem down when she sat as a precaution, and they shot her close while she sat, as if MW showed too much leg while seated.

Since she got her hair back, Ava is "Wasted away again in Margaritaville," and no doubt horny as hell. She's used sex as a weapon before, so I thought she was back to her old tricks and dressed to tempt Paul or whatever male appears at her door.

What happened with her fervent avowed wish to reclaim little girl Avery? Surely with Sonny and Carly and most of the Corninthii tied down at the hospital, and the Quartermaine boys tussling with Julian, little Avery is vulnerable to kidnapping.

But first things first--and for Ava, that's a cocktail and at least foreplay.

Come on seriously now. I say again: Ric and Tracy get suspicious of Ava and Paul and team up against them. Maybe add Scott to that mix.

I'm beyond disappointed Paul is being made NuThug, and I know things can turn on a dime-but the whole Tracy being made a fool of is so, so old. And Jasebot or any of the Corinthos clan saving the day is also old. As is Ric being one of the town pariahs. All old, so old.

So. I vote that somehow, one of the three of them begins to suspect Ava or Paul, and they put it all together.

Because if we have to have more of General Mobspital, what better way to get under Sonny's crawl than to have his somewhat hated brother, the  ex-DA that hates him, and a Quartermaine, save Sonny's reputation.

Plus, I think Ric, Kin and Jane would be so much fun. Yes, it's a dream, but why not?

Today's show-the Corinthii continue to bore me. I don't like Michael in that sphere. At all. Oddly enough, he has more heart as a Q. Not that I'm really surprised, but eh.

I know some see chemistry with Paul and Ava. I don't-not really-but chemistry is subjective.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

Morgan: You only stopped to talk to dad just to spit on him!

Uh, like you did for more than several months, Morgan? And is bi-polar causing him to spout gross misogynistic lines?

Did Ric actually list losing his wife among the many bad things that have happened to him lately?

What does make me annoyed is the show trying to sell Maxie as ueber mom. 

Pretty sure Morgan was a misogynist before getting labeled 'probably bi-polar.' He blamed all of his actions having to do with Ava/Denise on Ava and most recently was saying Alexis was a traitor of Sonny for being loyal to Julian before he got to that leash line. He knows alllll about misogyny from spending time around daddy.

Ric was talking to TJ; saying "I lost control over my wife" instead would have been bad (although true) form.

KSt was saying her lines like Maxie genuinely believes she is a mother who can't stand to not get to spend time with little Georgie, who just loves her baby more than anything. Maxie barely acts like a mom, so yeah it all bothered me today. She reminded me vaguely of Carly being delusional about her parenting.

• Love 3

They should change the name of this soap to All About Sonny. There really isn't a hospital any more.

This isn't meant as an insult, LillyBee, but I think we need to start taking shots whenever someone says some iteration of this. Imagine the beauty of being blitzed out that often.

• Love 2

I hope that Liz sees that Jason, even without his memories, will always feel the urge to be Sonny and Carly's errand boy first and foremost. She should just say "bored now," tell him who he is while kicking him out of the house and go hook up with Ric. And maybe hire a bodyguard for when Carly finds out.  I would say for when Sam finds out too but she's so milquetoast lately she's no threat. 

This storyline is just so, so stupid.  The show wants it both ways: to show that Jason has this otherworldly connection to Sonny and Carly (and Sam, though that's less than with the two-headed beast), but yet Jakeson is just as otherworldly memory-challenged.  If the ~connection is so strong you would think he'd have some flashes.  But, no, thus far his flashes are of that stupid tchotke dragon and boinking Sam.  He literally had someone calling him Jason today and, nope, not so much as a flash of recognition. 

• Love 2

Liz is still playing the "good girl" in her head that is. She's always been full of shit, I don't care how trashy Carly is I can't stand the Liz and Alexis type characters. Even back in the day of the Laura/Bobbie/Scott rivalry, yes I'm that old, I sided with trashy Bobbie. Laura's damsel shit got on my ever loving nerves.  Anyway, I think Lucky and I mean the JJ's Lucky way back in the day after her rape, that was the only time this chick truly fell in love. I don't buy her love for any man since then and that includes when JJ's Lucky returned years later. This bitch, and she is a bitch just like Carly as far as I'm concerned, she ain't no better and never has been in my eyes, she's just wishy, washy.

Actually, I did like her years ago when she first came on and she had spunk and she kinda didn't like her sister.

I laughed through the entire scene of her with Sonny, Carly and Jakeson at that hospital. I was like girl, please. 

Unfortunately, when all is said and done, Jakeson will have the most sympathy for her, plus they share a son. But he will have the mos sympathy for her and he won't allow Carly to cut her head off.

That kid TJ is a complete ass.

Morgan.......ugh.

Edited by represent
  • Love 6

"I'm just worried about Molly." Here's an idea, TJ: Don't send Morgan after her mother's boyfriend.

That actually kind of made sense to me.  It's typical teenage behavior - don't think about the consequences of your actions until after you have done them.

• Love 1

Not that I actually care, but what the hell happened to boring ass Jenny if Paul is in PC (even though it sounds like this is an OOC version of Paul)?

She cheated on him, and the divorce was just finalized.  According to Paul, at least.

• Love 1

It has crossed my mind that if Patrick had any real friends (hah!) other than Liz, who is currently hell bent on getting him to "pledge all" to Sam as part of her plan to prevent the inevitable, one of them might fill him in on the fact that if your proposal of marriage causes the object of your, obviously misplaced, affections to start reminiscing about her dead husband and what they had together while rejecting you without batting an eye perhaps that might be proof she just isn't that into you.

At this point Patrick might just be turning into a pathological marriage proposer. Despite all evidence that the relationship is speeding along waaaayyyy too fast and out of control really and everything is being rushed and hurried to a surefire crash ending, he still wants to "put a ring on it" even though any common sense would tell him that he's only setting himself up to fail yet again, probably at the same stage he and Sabrina crashed and burned, at the bloody altar. 

Though all things considered I can still find it in my black heart to smirk somewhat as I watch him being reduced to playing Sam's "Gilmore Girls'" couch buddy as she goes on about missing and loving Jason. Serves the prat right.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

Liz is still playing the "good girl" in her head that is. She's always been full of shit, I don't care how trashy Carly is I can't stand the Liz and Alexis type characters. Even back in the day of the Laura/Bobbie/Scott rivalry, yes I'm that old, I sided with trashy Bobbie. Laura's damsel shit got on my ever loving nerves.  Anyway, I think Lucky and I mean the JJ's Lucky way back in the day after her rape, that was the only time this chick truly fell in love. 

LIz was originally the black sheep of the Webber family. She was all about messing with her lame sister Sarah and that made her welcome on my screen. I liked bitchy, immature but starting to mature Liz. I floved original flavor Liz & Lucky. Liz went downhill for me when she fell in love with Jason. He's a fucking hitman, btw. The idea of a sensitive hitman never, ever worked for me and I think Steve Burton is a crappy actor.

Bear in mind that I'm enjoying Nina and Franco right now so it's not like I can't enjoy people who've done very bad things. If characters start treating Franco the way it treats Jason (you know, like Carly's moral compass, a source of great life advice, the perfect husband, all around dream guy material) then I will cease to enjoy Franco and Nina. Two fucked up people who are social pariahs but who love each other? I'm ok with that. 

Liz being inescapably drawn to Jason ruined the character for me. Love Becky Herbst and would buy any skin care products she chooses to endorse. Liz panting after Jason equals hate. So while I don't mind Liz scheming and lying one bit, scheming and lying for Jason's sake is more than I can take. I actually kinda like BH and BM together, so it's a shame. 

• Love 5

You should never watch again. 

That thought occurs to me several times a day. I guess I am in it for a few certain characters until the bitter end. Or I'm a glutton for punishment, or both. As long as there are characters/actors I still love, I just.can't.quit.it. There should be a twelve step program for this, I'm aware it's a sickness.

• Love 6
It's typical teenage behavior - don't think about the consequences of your actions until after you have done them.

Oh, I totally agree, but it doesn't make TJ any less of an idiot. And it's especially annoying with TJ because he's been shown to be fairly sensitive to Molly's family situation. But of course  all of that goes out the window as he becomes another mob flunky after moving in with Sonny and being dazzled by the bidness.

Love Becky Herbst and would buy any skin care products she chooses to endorse.

If she were even slightly better known, I'm sure Neutrogena or someone would have her under contract. Her skin is otherworldly.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

The thing about Jason Morgan in comparison to Franco, is that Franco had a line once where he said he and Jason aren't that different. I think it was JF's Franco who said it, but I do believe RH's Franco repeated it, or a variation of it. And he's 100% right. It's why I don't get the Jason love or the support for Jasam, with the same people throwing shade at Franco for being a serial killer. Jason killed for money and because he enjoyed blowing people away(you'll never convince me he didn't). Franco killed for "art" and for the enjoyment. Neither should be a viable romantic option for anyone.

They are two peas in a pod.

ETA that if they continue to make Jake/Jason a new creation yet again, and IF Jake doesn't go back to the hitman lifestyle, that changes things in terms of if I think he's couple material.

But since he's already killed and no one blinked, I doubt it'll be long before he's Sonny's enforcer again.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

LIz was originally the black sheep of the Webber family. She was all about messing with her lame sister Sarah and that made her welcome on my screen. I liked bitchy, immature but starting to mature Liz. I floved original flavor Liz & Lucky. Liz went downhill for me when she fell in love with Jason. He's a fucking hitman, btw. The idea of a sensitive hitman never, ever worked for me and I think Steve Burton is a crappy actor.

Liz being inescapably drawn to Jason ruined the character for me. Love Becky Herbst and would buy any skin care products she chooses to endorse. Liz panting after Jason equals hate. So while I don't mind Liz scheming and lying one bit, scheming and lying for Jason's sake is more than I can take. I actually kinda like BH and BM together, so it's a shame. 

I pretty much agree with this, except that what I saw in the past, and see now, is Liz falling for Jason/Jakeson when she's really depressed. Liz was still a teen when Lucky was declared dead in that fire, and she had very little sense of identity outside of that relationship. As many young girls do, Liz had envisioned a lifetime with her first love. Her relationship with Lucky, and friendship with Emily, made her feel like more than just Sarah's inadequate younger sister. Then here comes Emily's older brother, who helps her to stop feeling awful all the time. He didn't have expectations of her. When you're young and don't have a family, it's possible to choose not to see all of who someone is and just go for it. It happens in real life, just mostly without the extreme of killing being ignored.  I've seen women overlook terrible personality characteristics in boyfriends/husbands because of low self-esteem.

Elizabeth vocally acknowledged, to herself and I think to Monica as well, that her life was at a low point. It was in Jakeson Doe's hospital room while he was still unconscious. He wakes up, shows her attention/flirts with her, and can't remember her past or his own. She's feeling alone in life and desperate to feel wanted by a man who's not like Nikolas. She also wants a man who will be an active father to her sons. For someone who's been as much of an emotional mess as Liz is, the latching onto Jakeson makes sense. A responsible woman who's not desperate logically knows you don't just throw caution to the wind, esp. when it involves a stranger and your children. But then Liz finds out he's Jason, and sees it as an opportunity to have him the way she always wanted him - without Sonny, the violence, and the women in their lives needing him all the time. Here's an opportunity to get him to be a man who fits into her world. Liz keeps saying she's doing it for the love of him, but she's not really okay with the Jason Morgan in Jakeson or she wouldn't be so horrified at being faced with the reality that he easily just killed 3 men, can handle a gun, etc. She'a actively trying to make it all just *go away*/make him promise no more violence in their lives. She is trying to create the fantasy of a long-term happy family that she never had when she was a kid, or with Lucky or since Lucky due to being lied to, cheated on, drug addiction, obsession with a brother and power, and on and on.  

• Love 7

I pretty much agree with this, except that what I saw in the past, and see now, is Liz falling for Jason/Jakeson when she's really depressed. Liz was still a teen when Lucky was declared dead in that fire, and she had very little sense of identity outside of that relationship. As many young girls do, Liz had envisioned a lifetime with her first love. Her relationship with Lucky, and friendship with Emily, made her feel like more than just Sarah's inadequate younger sister. Then here comes Emily's older brother, who helps her to stop feeling awful all the time. He didn't have expectations of her. When you're young and don't have a family, it's possible to choose not to see all of who someone is and just go for it. It happens in real life, just mostly without the extreme of killing being ignored.  I've seen women overlook terrible personality characteristics in boyfriends/husbands because of low self-esteem.

I like this fanwank very much. I'd actually really enjoy seeing this played out on screen. Unfortunately, what has played out on my screen is Liz yearning for Jason and Jason nobly sacrificing his connection with his child. Which makes me want to barf. Now if Jason is reQ'd then ... oh who am I kidding. We're back to the Holy Trinity of Sonny, Jason and whichever Quartermaine ghost gets a few minutes of screen time.

I get mini-rage blackouts when I think of thousands of other ways this Jason story could have gone.

But I'll just say this.

If the writers wanted a reason why JaSam wouldn't "reunite quickly" when the reveal happened (instead of horrifically scrambling to show Dr. Drake Ramoray and Sam as the Greatest Love of All, turning Liz into one step from "Misery," etc) Jason should have either embraced a "normal" life during his amnesia or took steps closer to embracing his Q-side. I remember SBu always being asked about his characters "greatest love" and he would always answer Sam's part of "She accepts him aka his killing side." But what if the mob wasn't a factor? Would he feel differently about Liz, for example?

• Love 1

Sorry, have to vent while watching and you are the victims.

So JT can sing with autotune but has to fake playing? So Sam is digging in the Jakeson magic memory box right now why?

I really thought Morgan was too dumb to figure out the doorknob for a minute, until I noticed he was looking at the window frame. Then it turned out he is that dumb as he discusses killing a man in a hospital hallway.

I am going to take a hint from Ava and pour a drink for this.

• Love 3

It's nice that Jason Thompson decided to play the role of Jason Thompson today.

:strums guitar: what are you talking about baby?

Maybe next Jason Thompson can sing a soothing song to Sonny in his hospital room.

• Love 7

It's nice that Jason Thompson decided to play the role of Jason Thompson today.

Ironically, Patrick was singing about being careful what you wish for.  I bet that is what JT thinks of this Samtrick pairing

• Love 4

I'm somewhere between vaguely amused and rolling my eyes that Liz's reaction to Jakeson remembering some of the JaSam wedding in his sleep is to get him to focus on their wedding. The Liz-Jakeson "Happy Anniversary" kiss about the anniversary of Jake Doe being rushed into the hospital after being hit by a car ... no words for how pathetic that is. I truly despise Liz being written as so utterly pathetic. F-ing writers. The one bright spot is that good lord does Becky's skin look incredibly beautiful and flawless. Then there's Sam crying over the wedding rings while Patrick plays melancholy guitar in bed. I could almost hear JT singing in his mind "this is crappp..such crapppp" while singing the song aloud. I literally LOLed at Sam: "We're still madly in love, right?"" and Jakeson's WTF you're crazy face in reaction to Liz's "today" suggestion. I have to agree with HeatLifer that it's all so absurd that it's downright funny at this point.

Dillon can go DIAF for calling Sonny "honorable" as opposed to the Jeromes. Ugh @Michael. For one thing, Ava didn't get pregnant by herself, dipshit. 

Hahahaha at Avery saying "mama" in response to Ava and Carly's horrified face. Re: preview. Cursing with the baby in your arms - such great parenting there Carly.

• Love 7

Getting all gooey about her "anniversary" with Jake(son), the day she first laid eyes on him at the hospital*?  Her "I'd wait years for you" line?  Oh Liz, please reconsider everything. 

Is November 6th supposed to have some kind of significance, besides it being a Friday during sweeps?

* which just happened to be Sam and Jason's wedding anniversary?  Oy...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Dillon can go DIAF for calling Sonny "honorable" as opposed to the Jeromes. Ugh @Michael. For one thing, Ava didn't get pregnant by herself, dipshit.

I know the Qs had no use for AJ but seriously? 

I just cannot with this whole idea that a person who kills for a living and who puts his power above all else is freaking "honorable."  Just make it stop.

• Love 6

Come on seriously now. I say again: Ric and Tracy get suspicious of Ava and Paul and team up against them. Maybe add Scott to that mix.

I'm beyond disappointed Paul is being made NuThug, and I know things can turn on a dime-but the whole Tracy being made a fool of is so, so old. And Jasebot or any of the Corinthos clan saving the day is also old. As is Ric being one of the town pariahs. All old, so old.

So. I vote that somehow, one of the three of them begins to suspect Ava or Paul, and they put it all together.

Because if we have to have more of General Mobspital, what better way to get under Sonny's crawl than to have his somewhat hated brother, the  ex-DA that hates him, and a Quartermaine, save Sonny's reputation.

Plus, I think Ric, Kin and Jane would be so much fun. Yes, it's a dream, but why not?

In the show in my head, Paul is really an undercover Fed, posing as a stealth mob boss. Sometimes, he goes a little rogue, so he took a chance at shooting Sonny, because why the hell not. Instead of taking over the mob, he's going to take on the mob and win. Then he and Tracy will get married, settle down, and be the next-gen Edward and Lila sort of couple (but younger, obviously).  La la la. I can't hear you. La la la.

• Love 5

"Sam, remember when Robin and I were at your wedding reception? It was wonderful. Robin had to force me to go because I hated Sonny and I told her that whatever Jason meant to her happened a long time ago. And then all I wanted to do was leave and was whining until Robin said we could go home."

• Love 3

Just because either the network or the writers want to pretend AJ never existed and he was never killed by Sonny doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Its so freaking ridiculous how they want Sonny to do whathefuckever and never pay and everyone else is just supposed to continue singing his praises.  What's next?  Monica saying she understands why Sonny did it? 

• Love 9

According to Carly and Michael Corrinthos, it is fine to commit murder as long as you don't do it in front of witnesses and keep your hands clean.  The Pope is in town, why don't you give him a call and ask what he thinks about this murderer's loophole.

This show has hit an all time low.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11

Today's episode pretty much did this when we got to Michael discussing how they needed to keep their hands clean when dispatching Julian (or maybe Ava)...while standing next to his mother...who didn't say a damn thing.  (There might have been a "...wait, what?" expression for a split second from Carly, but that was damn sure not enough to counterbalance it.)  The show not only doubled down on his coming back into los Corinthos, but that display of the best mothering ever......wow.  Not even Dillon saying Sonny was "not evil" was a pimple on the ass of that.  Agendas are one thing, but DAMN.

As for Sam, Patrick, Jakeson, and Liz...November 6 is a Friday.  Just saying.

• Love 2

So Patrick was being emo with a guitar in the bedroom at the same time Sam was crying over her memory box in the living room? Neither of them have any business getting married. And LOL that Jakeson just happens to have a dream about a wedding on his anniversary. Quelle coincidence!

Does Sam understand that being engaged doesn't mean getting married instantly? She seemed a little unclear on the meaning of the word.

Carly, there is a condition affecting Morgan's judgment: It's called being a colossal dumbass. I love how the outrage isn't that Morgan went to murder Julian, it's that he didn't stop to cover his tracks. How sloppy!

• Love 6