Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm surprised that Luke would want to marry, again. I know he loves Tracy, but he's mostly wanted to marry her for her money, in the past. I wish he just wanted them to work things out. It seems to me that Luke Spencer would be way over marriage at this point in his life.

I think you're right, and I bet you Tony Geary agrees with us, but soaps usually need a marriage to cement a relationship/make it more dramatic when the couple breaks up. I think the only exception to this is Maxie and Spinelli, and even they had a fake marriage party to go through (one of GH's best weddings from the past couple of years imo).

It will be interesting to see how they handle that with Maxie and Nathan. I'd like to see her hold on to her no-marriage stance.

• Love 3

Wait. So Nina could face a kidnapping charge just because a serial killer told the cops she confessed? What?

Yes. The same way when you put a bomb in a basement, ONLY the basement blows up.

• Love 14

Kiki needs to go away.

Oh god yes!!

Dying is the only option here.

Ooh ooh preferably in a Hail of mob gunfire or Nicolas hiring someone to kill her

Preferably in a very painful way.

Yes to this!

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm surprised Laura wasn't in the promo.

I like NuDillon. I liked the vibe between him and Lulu, but it didn't feel romantic or sexual at all. It felt very friends/siblings-y. This quad is gonna be so weird for me.

I ffwd all the Ava/Silas scenes, but I might go back for that 'I kinda kidnapped her,' line. The only thing ME does well IMO is that kind of dry humor.

I also ffwd all the Franco/Nina scenes. I can't believe there was a time I actually liked them. I'm so ashamed.

Honestly, I don't remember anything about this ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I honestly don't know what to think of Rob Watkins as NuDillon. I think he has chemistry with Emme and Jane, he hasn't done anything to annoy me yet, and is generally more competent than the average newbie with a sparse resume. But he isn't playing "Dillon"; he's playing some random guy who happens to be Tracy's son and Lulu's ex. And the fault there really falls on Ron and not Rob.

I think the situation is nearly identical to Emme as Lulu and Lindsey Morgan as Kristina. When these ladies have been/were given material that wrote their characters as the predecessors had established, they play(ed) it well. But too often they are/were written as some generic person who just happened to have the same name and conditions as someone else.

So until Rob is actually given the opportunity to play "Dillon", I am going to withhold judgment.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Dante/Olivia, and Anna/Luke today. Was today Lisa's last episode before her maternity leave? Any word on when she'll be back? When is Fin's last episode before her break?

• Love 1

I didn't think Lindsey Morgan played anything well. I thought she was a random cookie-cutter soap starlet with extremely marginal talent, with the core character name "Kristina" slapped on her. I'm getting the same vibe off Watkins.

• Love 3

Anyway, I really enjoyed Dante/Olivia, and Anna/Luke today. Was today Lisa's last episode before her maternity leave? Any word on when she'll be back? When is Fin's last episode before her break?

I don't know for sure but I'm willing to bet today was the last day for both of them.

I remember Lindsay Morgan had one good scene where she was confronting Trey about lying and she was like, "oh excuse me, I forgot your name is Joe the third" and she spat out "Joe the third" very well. But that was about it. But I guess she tapped into that for "the 100".

• Love 3

This Luke story is a lame retread. He undid his sleeve and showed us all the bad Luke "Fluke" tattoo on his arm, so we all know that the fix is in. And he 's being a big control freak, almost obnoxious, about certain people being at the party. Even if Tony G is going to be at GH for 9 more weeks, I can imagine the Flukey-Boy holding everyone hostage on the Haunted Star for that long. Instead of blowing the place up, this time he'll probably let it drift out to sea a la Gilligan's Island. Of course Fluke is still crazy--he probably offed his shrinks to get out of the hospital--and he'll either make certain characters walk the plank one-by-one, laughing maniacally, or set the place on fire so they have nowhere to go, other than overboard. Tag it cutting down the number of characters on the canvas without permanently deleting them for future appearances.

Nobody can tell that history is repeating itself when it comes to having parties on the Haunted Star?

So in the job interview Valerie claims to have skills in several wordprocessing programs? And Jordan doesn't test her or ask for work samples? In real life she'd have to ask Valerie if he'd done brochures, programs,  training packets, soft paperbacks for conferences, etc.

(edited)

Thank Jasus I will never have to hear Luke call Anna "Slim" again. Ugh.

"Honestly, Silas, I don't think I've ever been as angry with someone in my entire life." Yeah, it sucks to be alive and cured of cancer, eh, Ava?

Franco is blackmailing Nina, so it must be true love.

Valerie's top today was terrible. It looked like a hospital gown. I think she's worn that before.

Anna was reading Outlander. A book whose main male character is a Scotsman. How subtle, Ron. 

LOL at "close friends and family" being at the party. That's like four other people who aren't in the Q mansion at the moment. It just shows how badly Ron has integrated the cast, not to mention how many characters aren't on the show anymore.

And Denise sure caved quickly (though not nearly quickly enough) by admitted she's Ava. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Hi all - been offline for most of the past couple weeks.... and haven't seen GH since before Memorial Day. Since I am not about to go back and watch the last 8 episodes online, can anyone give me a VERY thumbnail recap hitting the high points... were there high points? Anyone else die since Memorial Day? Anyone smile? Anyone return from the dead? Any basements explode? thanks in advance!

Honestly, I haven't really missed the show (and I have been a fan of the show since the late 70s) but will probably catch it online here and there this summer.

(edited)

I was re-watching Tuesday's show, and the moment where Anna makes this heartbreaking statement, as she wallows in her grief and self-recrimination, about wishing she had never slept with Sloane. And, as they freeze on Anna, you can hear Roxie Balsom's tenor voice going, comically "OOOOOOKAY," before they actually cut back to her [sarcasm button] oh so funny [/sarcasm button] scene.

Way to ruin an emotional moment, show editors (aka Frank).  

God, do I hate the junior high school play level production values of this show. I hate them almost as much as I hate the juvenile ("but it's funny! If you don't think it's funny, you're a humorless bitch") writing on this show.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
(edited)

Hi all - been offline for most of the past couple weeks.... and haven't seen GH since before Memorial Day. Since I am not about to go back and watch the last 8 episodes online, can anyone give me a VERY thumbnail recap hitting the high points... were there high points? Anyone else die since Memorial Day? Anyone smile? Anyone return from the dead? Any basements explode? thanks in advance!

Honestly, I haven't really missed the show (and I have been a fan of the show since the late 70s) but will probably catch it online here and there this summer.

Luke is back.  He says he's cured of his (not DID!) illness.  He has a tattoo on his forearm, and has asked Tracy to marry him.  She's skeptical.

Dillon Quartermaine is back.  But he's an underwear model who can't act (no not the character, just the actor), so, whatevs.

Jordan is the new police commissioner.  Valerie and Dante are two chess pieces moved closer to having an affair, but it's as organic as Ava's new hair.

Michael and Morgan have largely gotten over their differences, much to Kiki's chagrin.

And Silas is still boring as fuck.  Ava is alive and faking her identity, living with Julian.

Luke's grand 8-week trip down memory lane has begun, as he said goodbye to Anna first. Other goodbyes yet to come.

And something about ELQ shares that no one cares about*, and about which no difference is made.

Dante has nice reaction looks, and a nice goodbye with Olivia, as Lisa LoCicero heads out on maternity leave.

*That is not to discount maybe there are people who care.  But the plot point is beyond stupid, IMHO, and subject to re-write on a whim. So why fucking get invested, when the writers don't give a fuck? YMMV.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3
(edited)

I actually do care about an ELQ storyline. The problem is the way it's being done, which is extremely cursory. Nikolas turned evil overnight, the Q's themselves other than Michael are rarely seen, Franco and Nina are heavily involved, and the rest of the supporting players are a crew of obnoxious dayplayers. Also, a lot of it is currently just background fodder for the endless Jakeson saga.

It could be great, but right now it is very weak tea. Michael Q the junior tycoon, and his surprisingly sweet romance with Sabrina and bond with Tracy, is what's saving it for me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

Anna was reading Outlander. A book whose main male character is a Scotsman. How subtle, Ron. 

I imagine he was more drawn to all the rape.

I honestly don't know what to think of Rob Watkins as NuDillon. I think he has chemistry with Emme and Jane, he hasn't done anything to annoy me yet, and is generally more competent than the average newbie with a sparse resume. But he isn't playing "Dillon"; he's playing some random guy who happens to be Tracy's son and Lulu's ex. And the fault there really falls on Ron and not Rob.

I think the situation is nearly identical to Emme as Lulu and Lindsey Morgan as Kristina. When these ladies have been/were given material that wrote their characters as the predecessors had established, they play(ed) it well. But too often they are/were written as some generic person who just happened to have the same name and conditions as someone else.

So until Rob is actually given the opportunity to play "Dillon", I am going to withhold judgment.

I don't think they particularly care who Dillon was. They know he slept with Lulu and they knew other than Johnny (whose weird return is already over, and I tend to wonder what the point was), the only other options for ex conflict would be Dillon or dead Logan. And Franco is Scott's only child that matters, we can't take away from him.

They cast an actor who can likely burst out of a pair of underwear and who is generic enough to not threaten any of their control issues involving characters. Just as they cast Emme Rylan because they knew she could play "cute" and "spunky" soccer mom who might give you a mean little glare if you go near her man, so look out!! 

They don't care about characterization or history or much of anything beyond ego.

• Love 3

About effing time. I've only been waiting since before she got pregnant to see Ava again as badass Ava. What a welcome sight. Now take off that stupid wig. And shut up, Silas.

Sorry, not seeing the chem between Lulu and Dillon. I'm not sure what it is about him, but I just don't find him that attractive. And I can't see her as sexy, I just can't. Oh, and she's the worst damn liar on the planet. "But nothing. Valerie's great." Yeah right, Lulu. Don't make me call you Liar, that's reserved for Miss Lizzie.

Jordan looked fabulous. So of course Valerie got the job. Still don't care about the contrivance, or that Lante are the one stable couple. They're BORING!

Nina and Idiot, too stupid to comment. Why is Nathan letting this farce take place in his interrogation room? Don't you have other crimes to be solving besides refereeing Cray Cray and The Serial Killer?

I would feel really creepy carrying a bag around with my dead lover's ashes. Plus, that urn couldn't have been light. I just kept thinking, she's gonna schlep that thing all the way to Scotland? Hope she's been doing her upper body workouts.

I'm gonna miss Fin a lot, damn it. She's pretty damn close to flawless. Love her.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Dante/Olivia good-bye scenes were nice.

I forgot about these scenes, but as they were airing I was thinking to myself that despite them being so close in age, both have done a really good job of making us forget that. And yes, very nice work there.

"Honestly, Silas, I don't think I've ever been as angry with someone in my entire life." Yeah, it sucks to be alive and cured of cancer, eh, Ava?

I think she had every right to be mad at him. She specifically told him not to test Avery. She didn't want her used as the donor. Period. For whatever reasons, it was her decision. He not only lied to her, he broke his oath as a doctor. She said she was grateful to be alive, but he went behind her back and kidnapped HER baby girl, then subjected her to a medical procedure that her mother did NOT condone.

I'm surprised she didn't tell him to kneel down so she could whisper something to him, then she could have literally wrung his neck. Ah, fantasies.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

Tracy truly may be the best woman Luke has ever known.

My thing about that is I can't imagine Tracy being the best woman anyone has known.  JE is fantastic in the part, but Tracy?  Can be quite vile.

• Love 17

So in the job interview Valerie claims to have skills in several wordprocessing programs? And Jordan doesn't test her or ask for work samples? In real life she'd have to ask Valerie if he'd done brochures, programs,  training packets, soft paperbacks for conferences, etc.

Well, at least she is applying for a job - and we actually saw some semblance of a job interview - a rarity on soaps which hardly approach real life most days!! 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think ER is okay with others, but put her in a room with someone like this nuDillon actor, and that's pretty much what it turns into. I mean, it's only been a day, so maybe they get better together, I dunno. 

I don't think he's horrible, but there is nothing about him that makes me particularly take notice yet.

I do feel for the guy. Scott Clifton was pretty offbeat, that it's hard to follow up. If they tried to find another guy who looked a lot like him it would probably come off as a cheap imitation.

I'm OK with the nuDillon so far.  Yes, he is very different from Scott Clifton's Dillon, but then ER has been quite different from Julie Berman's Lulu.  So I guess I'm now more prepared to accept a recast who feels, to varying degrees, like a new character.

And my reaction to primly proper and practically perfect Lulu is as much (if not more) about what I've been seeing in the current writing for Lulu than about the actress herself.  Yes, I definitely see Emme as well-suited to play the pretty prom queen or society princess in very nice "photo-op" moments like yesterday's.  But, yes, I know she can do other things as well. 

My issue is more with what I have been seeing in Lulu's writing for a while now - writing which is never "risky" ... writing where Lulu never makes a mistake for more than a minute ... writing where she is very strongly positioned as the good wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, friend, etc.  Case in point - last Friday - when, for about two minutes, she thought about doing something underhanded re Valerie and then spent the next part of the episode soundly chastising herself for even having that thought.

My memory may be getting cloudy, but I remember Lulu as being an essentially good person, but a person who most definitley made mistakes and one who was sometimes positioned by writers to take some strong criticisms for her actions - sometimes over a long period of time.  LOL - maybe I just miss having a character I can enjoy defending.  What I do know is that I like my favorites to be mostly good, but also to be flawed.  I want them to screw up sometimes so they fix a problem and/or learn from it.  And I don't want their lapses to be over within the time frame of one episode. 

I'm certainly not getting that from Emme's Lulu right now - and the "Barbie and Ken" image in the Q living room - with all the pleasantness, the "niceness," the "right" things being said - made me pull back and made me hope that Dillon wasn't also going to be written in the excessively "good" mode.  Hope not!  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2

I like NuDillon- guy can act and he's not bad to look at. No recast has been the same as the original so I'm going to cut him some slack.

Is Franco's only purpose on this show to blackmail people? I used to like the chemistry between him and Nina but now they add to the FF list.

• Love 2
(edited)
About effing time. I've only been waiting since before she got pregnant to see Ava again as badass Ava. What a welcome sight.

Only if she doesn't whine about being alive and cured of cancer.  I don't want to watch weeks of Ava haranguing Silas for going against her wishes or testing Avery as a donor match. Be grateful someone decided you were worth saving. Doesn't being alive trump everything else? What bothers me the most about this is that she gave up so quickly, almost immediately. One bad chemo session and she was literally begging Silas to kill her. Spare me the self-pity. (This pushes some buttons of mine. Obviously.)

I would feel really creepy carrying a bag around with my dead lover's ashes.

That totally cracked me up. Too bad we won't get a scene of Anna going through airport security with Duke's ashes.

From today's show:

Luke:  "When I wasn't myself..."

Ron on twitter:  But it wasn't DID!! It wasn't! It wasn't!! It wasn't!

Then he bans you for saying it was.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

My thing about that is I can't imagine Tracy being the best woman anyone has known. JE is fantastic in the part, but Tracy? Can be quite vile.

Luke probably enjoys not having to give a shit about her feelings or opinion of him

• Love 2

I willing to give NuDillon at least a month before I make up my mind. Two things are working against: he doesn't have SC's quirky delivery and does have RC's terrible writing without the supporting staff that early Dillon enjoyed. I think when Scott Clifton first showed up, some of the audience called him ugly since he didn't fit the underwear model template, so give it time, good or bad. 

• Love 3

Christ, Avery is sooooooo cute.  She's close to beating out Sydney from Days as the cutest soap baby ever. 

I like Dillon so far but he looks too tanned and the hair needs to change.  Too high. 

It's a shame Tracy/Ned didn't get a proper goodbye.  Also curious about her reaction to the baby's "death" as she was really looking forward to having another kid in the house. 

I really like the vibe between Valerie and Jordan.  It's the most I've like Valerie so far.  And I love that Jordan is dedicated to being a good commissioner.  I was woried she would turn her back on law enforcement after Sean and TJ felt so "betrayed" (barf).

I want Ric and Ava to meet.  Get Ric away from the hell that is Franco/Nina.   

• Love 5
(edited)
I love that Jordan is dedicated to being a good commissioner.  I was woried she would turn her back on law enforcement after Sean and TJ felt so "betrayed" (barf).

She hasn't had the job for even a day. There's time. I'm sure Sonny and/or Julian will come barging in and demand favors.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Speaking of Jordan, has the commissioner's office always been right outside the bullpen or whatever you call that main police station area where Dante and Nathan's desks are?  I thought there was a hallway outside of the commissioner's office and didn't Lulu take Valerie off last week to show her where she needed to be?  It was just weird yesterday to open the office door and see the rest of the police station.

• Love 1

Jordan looked fabulous. So of course Valerie got the job. Still don't care about the contrivance, or that Lante are the one stable couple. They're BORING!

I would never yell at anyone for wanting Lulu and Dante to break up because they're boring, heh. I can't even say I think they should be kept together because they're the one stable couple or whatever. I just want them to stay together, or at least, I don't want Dante to sleep with someone else first because for me the big part of the appeal of Dante is because he is so loyal, but I know, it's a soap, etc etc.

Speaking of Jordan, has the commissioner's office always been right outside the bullpen or whatever you call that main police station area where Dante and Nathan's desks are?  I thought there was a hallway outside of the commissioner's office and didn't Lulu take Valerie off last week to show her where she needed to be?  It was just weird yesterday to open the office door and see the rest of the police station.

No, it hasn't been, it usually opens up onto a corridor.

• Love 4

And Jordan doesn't test [Valerie] or ask for work samples?

Liz became a nurse during a commercial break.  Completely normal for this show.  And weddings can be planned and executed in a day.

I'm kind of confused with Tracy and her baby rabies with A.J.  She never gave Baby!Dillon the time of day. 

(edited)

I didn't like that Silas wasn't in on Ava's plan.  I'm sure Ron did it so that we'd be shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YA, to find out that Denise is really Ava, but I would have preferred it Silas would have been the one helping her put this scheme together.  They could have still given us the back story of how Ava survived, while the two reminisced or something.  The way it's playing out, with Ava pulling this off on her own, is just silly.  

I actually liked that he didn't know because lately EVERYONE is in on everyone's schemes.  Liz/Nikolas, Rosalie/Nikolas, Franco/Nathan, Ric/Madeline.  It's just nice to see where the guy who saved her was duped, and let's face it, ME's reaction to her name was hysterical.  I also like the fact that he's not twisted the way Ava is as a person.  If Silas was okay with her duping their daughter into believing that she was someone else, it would be cruel.  Ava has no integrity in that way.  The good news is that she won't have to do that NY accent for eternity now.

I know. Nina's like a teenager now. 

Can those who are familiar with MS advise if this is how she acts in her soap roles?  Is she always so smiley in every line she delivers?  I never watched her on Y&R (or watched Y&R) and so I don't know if this is normal for her.

Lucky abandoned Cam and Aiden in order to snot and piss around orphans, he does not get to EVER take those boys away from the woman that kept a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs, worked day in and day out to put food on the table, and provide them with emotional support.  Liz could bang the entire football team for all I care and she still would have not abandoned her kids, that is on Lucky and no one else.

When was it stated that Lucky abandoned his kids?  At no point has Elizabeth ever said that about him.  Lucky is just not mentioned at all, and RC can't seem to write a scene explaining that the boys spend time with Lucky.  I mean we haven't seen Aiden in how long?  A year?  More?  It doesn't mean that Elizabeth doesn't see him.  There is no way I would ever believe that Lucky abandoned his sons, considering he raised all of Elizabeth's boys with other men without a complaint and provided for them.  RC just sucks at writing for anyone that is off screen.  I mean does Robin even talk to Emma?  I have to assume she does on a regular basis so that Anna and Patrick don't get suspicious.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I'm kind of confused with Tracy and her baby rabies with A.J.

Clearly baby Dillion was nowhere as cute as Avery ;)  And I do think that, even though she was already a teen, the relationship with Lulu activated Tracy's motherly side in a way Ned/Dillon did not.

And I won't be surprised if Jordan sours on being a good cop - but I like she's so gung-ho from the start.   

• Love 1

Oh I'm sure we'll hear that damn accent from Ava for a while. I doubt Silas will rat her out and she'll have to keep up the ruse until she finds a governor to pardon her for doing nothing.

• Love 3
(edited)
Bishop, Robin does not talk to Patrick, Anna, Emma, or anyone. She is a captive. If this hasn't been made clear on the show, Ron explains it on Twitter. Yay for Show!Twitter! Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
I actually liked that [silas] didn't know [Denise was Ava]

Silas might not have helped Ava with her plan to be Denise, but he wasn't fooled. When Denise admitted she was Ava, he wasn't surprised in the least. He was surprised that she chose Denise DeMuccio and that persona, which isn't the same thing. I don't blame him there. LoisLite is the last thing this show needs.

• Love 3

I got the impression that Silas was not in on Ava's plan to return to Port Charles in any form.  It sounds like he thought she would disappear and stay out of PC - hence her rant that "she broke their agreement".  It sounds to me like Ava went to her mother and enlisted Delia's help with the story once she and Silas said their good byes.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Brad and Lucas party was so lame. Why was Sonny there but Sam/Julian weren't. 

The guest list for the other engagement party was lame too. 

Nice to see Laura. I never bought the love story of Tracy/Luke. He treats her like shit and I don't even care for her. She deserves better.

The less said about Nina/Franco/Ava/Silas the better.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 1