Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When Liz is smarter than you, Liv, there's a problem. At least Liz knew immediately that being with Jake who "works" for Julian means Sonny is the enemy and her kids are safe from him (lol) Liv thinks her son is in DANGER, from Julian's enemy, who is Sonny, the perfect Gentleman Mobster and no danger to innocent children. LOL. Yes, I do realize how ludicrous that is but it's the show.  

Sonny gave me UCG with this

Sonny to Julian "Give me the shooter!

Julian "No"

Sonny " GIVE ME THE SHOOTER!"

Julian  "No"

Sonny "You have 24 hours to give me the shooter"

Me "Didn't you hear the NO? lol

• Love 4
Anna continues to kick ass and Dante is awesome.. they are keeping me watching.

We have an entry for most positive slogan to put on an official GH t-shirt!

And I totally agree.  Now if they'd just go for that Dante/Anna/Nathan threesome, I'd be a happy camper.  Really, it doesn't take much.

• Love 7

Still nope.  The real Duke was at the Nurses' Ball where Patrick and Sabrina got together, he and Anna did the tango to take it back from Faison.

Anna and Duke babysat Emma so that Patrick and Sabrina could consummate their relationship -- in Patrick's home and in his and Robin's bed.  That's when Duke dressed up in the tutu and danced with Emma while Anna was called away on some crime.

So, basically, Sabrina could be all, "My ex-fiancé's daughter's babysitter died! I'm so upset!"

• Love 5

This is Ron once again trying to supplant Robin with Sabrina. It is Robin's reaction, even over the phone to Duke's death that matters not Sabrina's. Ron just does not get this show. Which is sad. 

• Love 4

So, basically, Sabrina could be all, "My ex-fiancé's daughter's babysitter died! I'm so upset!"

And so Felix could be, "My BFF's ex-fiancé's daughter's babysitter died!  She needs to know immediately!"  Shut up, Felix, gawd!

By the way, interesting that for all his talk of morals and wanting love when he (heh) backed his ass out of the threesome, Felix apparently had a one-night stand.

• Love 3
(edited)

The show's desperate push to make it seem like Sonny and Duke were BFFs sickens me, as does Sonny making his death all about himself.  Ditto shoving Sloane at Anna.  He's a gross tool!

Hey, it's Mac and Felicia!

Shut up, Liz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

By the way, interesting that for all his talk of morals and wanting love when he (heh) backed his ass out of the threesome, Felix apparently had a one-night stand.

I very much doubt if sex was involved.  I imagine that when Felix gets a guy alone, he hogties him and then does Golden Girl impressions all night.  

He thinks his "Sophia" is way hot.

It's not.

• Love 5

The show's desperate push to make it seem like Sonny and Duke were BFFs sickens me, as does Sonny making his death all about himself.  Ditto shoving Sloane at Anna.  He's a gross tool!

Hey, it's Mac and Felicia!

Shut up, Liz.

John York's hair looked like they called him to get to the studio that morning.

It's nice that Maxie was so supportive of the Nathan/Anna/Dante work arrangement. Sorry Nathan no hugs for you, you were just the cabana boy in it all.

Jordan's hair looked nice tied back.

One minute Dante and Lulu are on the left side of the church, then instantly pan to them on the right. Oh show.

just lol at all the Sonny/Duke BFF-ness. "Hey, that old guy I knew isn't dead after all! Hurrah!"

Carly: oh Sonny, I'm so sorry that old guy you knew was in your dream and you thought he was alive but now he isn't. Do you think we should talk about maybe sending our younger son to therapy? ahaha, I knew that would get a smile out of you!

• Love 4

Oh Ryan p, you are so so pretty.....but you really need an acting coach stat. My lord, I half watched today but I laughed like crazy when Nathan handed Maxie a tissue during the service.....I thought maybe if he didn't speak it wouldn't be that bad....but dude....can we say overkill on the concerned face? Please someone gif that stAt.

Liz dear, calling someone else a lying witch at this point is really silly. At least Hayden isn't a pathetic lying witch. (Imo of course)

• Love 4

just lol at all the Sonny/Duke BFF-ness.

And it's all in service of Sonny hating Jake(son), who secretly IS Sonny's BFF.  Get it! #haaate

Liz dear, calling someone else a lying witch at this point is really silly. At least Hayden isn't a pathetic lying witch. (Imo of course)

Rebecca Budig's desperation for D is pretty pathetic, but seriously, you're not one to throw stones in that glass house, Liz.

• Love 4

Sam's moving box full of "bedroom stuff" looks like she raided my great-grandmother's yard sale.

And give me a thousand breaks with the Duke/Sonny BFF crap.  Please. 

• Love 4

WHY DOES IT MATTER THAT DUKE CALLED OFF THE HIT?? He still ordered it, and had every intention of going through it up until all the running away stuff. Oh, and he's ordered other violence that he *didn't* call off. Something else that makes no sense: Sonny being so broken up over Duke. Oh, also, Duke getting a full funeral, when so many other (arguably better) characters didn't merit even a brief scene of theirs. It's awfully presumptuous of TJ to assume that Duke's estate will pay for his college- how would they know he didn't just make that up?

It is hilarious that Liz is shocked, SHOCKED!, that someone could possibly overhear a conversation held in a hotel lobby. It does seem like she's going cuckoo, and I think I like it.

• Love 13

Oh Ryan p, you are so so pretty.....but you really need an acting coach stat. My lord, I half watched today but I laughed like crazy when Nathan handed Maxie a tissue during the service.....I thought maybe if he didn't speak it wouldn't be that bad....but dude....can we say overkill on the concerned face? Please someone gif that stAt.

To be fair to liz, she did say "another lying witch", maybe she meant herself too . . . okay probably not.

but yeah. Liz. My mind is just kinda blown. But hey, I guess all she have to do is jump in the water with a bomb after Nik jogged with it most of the way, or something, and Jason will pardon her.

• Love 6

To be fair to liz, she did say "another lying witch", maybe she meant herself too . . . okay probably not.

but yeah. Liz. My mind is just kinda blown. But hey, I guess all she have to do is jump in the water with a bomb after Nik jogged with it most of the way, or something, and Jason will pardon her.

Well she is through with Ric b/c he lied and tried to make Jake believe a lie about his life, yet she freely did the same damn thing so I'm not surprised Liez said that. Clearly she thinks her shit don't stink, but her face says other people's is a different story.

(edited)

I just . . . what is it all for? Jason has NOTHING. No house, no car. He's not even really himself! He has no memories! This is what you're scheming so hard for Liz? THIS?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 23

I totally understand that Duke should not get a pass just because he called off a hit at the last moment.

But since so few characters on current GH actually DO re-think their heinous acts ... sadly, he's still ending up a better person than half the cast. It's almost refreshing that he changed his mind, for whatever selfish reason. Everyone else lately is like "maybe I shouldn't .... Nah, I'm still gonna do this gross thing!"

I mean, I still feel worse that Anna's brain stopped working than I do about this crappy version of Duke dying. But still.

• Love 8
(edited)

It's awfully presumptuous of TJ to assume that Duke's estate will pay for his college- how would they know he didn't just make that up?

It is hilarious that Liz is shocked, SHOCKED!, that someone could possibly overhear a conversation held in a hotel lobby. It does seem like she's going cuckoo, and I think I like it.

The way TJ's line was worded, it sounded to me like Duke already paid the tuition. I don't think he was trying to make sure that Anna sees to it getting paid.

At this point, I hope Liz is going cuckoo. She was working the crazy eyes during some of her scenes with Nik.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

So does anyone care that Robin is unreachable and does not know that Duke is dead and did Patprick really try and get in touch with her?

At this point I WANT the writers to do a total retcon and say Robin really is voluntarily chilling in Paris, getting therapy for PTSD and Skyping with Emma every other day. Robin is obviously never going to get a moment of vindication and a tearful reunion or any payback for what she's endured, so there's no point in her being victimized offscreen forever.

And the writers already think we are stupid and gullible, so sure, why not? This is a gaping continuity hole I wouldn't get mad about.

• Love 5

I can't wait for Hayden to start showing up at the hospital and claiming she and Liz are becoming the best of friends. [/spec] It'll be worth it to see Carly and Jake's reactions as well as Liz trying to hold her tongue so Hayden doesn't bust her.

I knew Sam would end up at the garage post-funeral as soon as she didn't ride to the church with Patrick and Emma.

The flashbacks of Duke and Anna were nice, but I appreciated Jordan making bitch faces and subtle digs at Anna much more. I also loved her face when TJ told Anna that Duke planned to pay his tuition at PCU. Anna and Jordan better get a scene where Jordan gets to call out Anna.

Nothing about Sonny and Carly is ever good.

• Love 3
(edited)

well, maybe Liz will  come full circle as an evil schemer-- once the Jakeson secret is revealed and she is yelled at by everyone in town (and no one says 'boo' to Nic, even though they did the exact. same. thing.)  

She and Ric can finally be a perfect match and I can finally have my LiRic, in the worst possible way. Which is the only way I'm gonna get anything out of this show

I might actually enjoy Liz and Ric working to make Sonny and Carly's lives a living hell.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 3
(edited)

Am I wrong to hope that Sonny shoots Jakson to get even for Duke's death?  It could be epic if Liz or Nik's sees it and say to Sonny, "you just shot your best friend"?

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 5

Am I wrong to hope that Sonny shoots Jakson to get even for Duke's death?  It could be epic is Liz or Nik's sees it and say to Sonny, "you just shot your best friend"?

That's what I've been waiting for since really early on in this story.  It would be amazing to have Sonny be responsible for killing Jason.  

• Love 11
Something else that makes no sense: Sonny being so broken up over Duke.

Sonny is upset because now he has to find someone else to take over the bidness. Or will he take the reins back because he's not fighting Michael for Avery anymore? I've kind of lost track of that thread.

Am I wrong to hope that Sonny shoots Jakson to get even for Duke's death?  It could be epic is Liz or Nik's sees it and say to Sonny, "you just shot your best friend"?

That's what I've been waiting for since really early on in this story.  It would be amazing to have Sonny be responsible for killing Jason.

Jason wouldn't die, though. And you know Sonny would whine about how he'd never have shot Jason if he'd only known. It will Liz and Nik's fault. Oh, and let's throw in Hayden's, too. Sonny's actions are never his responsibility.

• Love 5

When are the live shows? I quit watching several weeks ago, but I think those will be entertaining in their bad-ness. Although OLTL's week of live shows over a decade ago were quite good and what got me started on that show way back when. Were Ron and Frank running the show then?

• Love 2

When are the live shows? I quit watching several weeks ago, but I think those will be entertaining in their bad-ness. Although OLTL's week of live shows over a decade ago were quite good and what got me started on that show way back when. Were Ron and Frank running the show then?

Tomorrow and Monday.

I wonder if Ian Buchanan's accent faded - or he just really put it on thick in the olden days. 

I don't even have the energy to snark about this episode because it was boring. so boring. I hope when Sonny shoots Jason it's right between the eyes. 

They weren't the show runners then. They both worked there at the time (apparently, Ron recently gave an interview where he doesn't remember Live Week. Okay.) but OLTL's Live Week was during the Tomlin years.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ron recently gave an interview where he doesn't remember Live Week. Okay.) but OLTL's Live Week was during the Tomlin years.

He's so full of shit. Craft services still remembers Live Week

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I can't emphasize how relieved I am that all is right with the world as far as Robin's absence at Duke's funeral is concerned. 

When prodded today on twitter by the SID editor, Mr. C responded:  "Actually, she's being held captive and the audience knows that."  When queried further by a fan about Helena now being exiled and unable to continue to hold Robin captive, Mr. C cleared the matter up by saying:  "You don't think it's possible Helena handed her off to someone else before her exile?"

So there you have it - all is right in Robin's and RC's world - and we need not concern ourselves with Robin's glaring absence today.

Now, please excuse me while I go find that pesky sarcasm font.

• Love 12

They weren't the show runners then. They both worked there at the time (apparently, Ron recently gave an interview where he doesn't remember Live Week. Okay.) but OLTL's Live Week was during the Tomlin years.

Just like he TOTALLY had no recollection of Todd's "Hell No!" wedding?   Ugh, shut up, Ron.

• Love 4
(edited)
I'm sorry, I cannot stand Emma. I'm so sick of the writers using this kid to be a cheerleader for Patrick and whoever he's sleeping with at the moment.

I'd much rather have this than the monstrous horror that is Spencer.

Ron has no object permanence. Makes sense.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

The real question to Ron should be why Patrick and Anna aren't concerned that they haven't spoken to Robin since last year. Last September.

Instead, we get Anna asking Patrick if he got in touch with Robin, and he's like, "No. Sorry," with that irritated, douchey facial expression he gets when his ex is mentioned.

• Love 5

I can't emphasize how relieved I am that all is right with the world as far as Robin's absence at Duke's funeral is concerned. 

When prodded today on twitter by the SID editor, Mr. C responded:  "Actually, she's being held captive and the audience knows that."

But the characters don't know that, dumbass/lazy ass.

• Love 7
(edited)

Nope, the EP was Gary Tomlin, and the HWs were Lorraine Broderick and Chris Whitesell. Frank was a supervising producer, though, and Ron was on the writing staff.

Doesn't remember Live Week? Bye bitch, he's probably just bitter he didn't think of it first. Live Week 2002 was AMAZING. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

When prodded today on twitter by the SID editor, Mr. C responded:  "Actually, she's being held captive and the audience knows that."  When queried further by a fan about Helena now being exiled and unable to continue to hold Robin captive, Mr. C cleared the matter up by saying:  "You don't think it's possible Helena handed her off to someone else before her exile?"

So there you have it - all is right in Robin's and RC's world - and we need not concern ourselves with Robin's glaring absence today.

OMG, Ron, I'm usually a very nice girl around here, but allow me to just say this to you:

shut-your-damn-whore-mouth.jpg

But only here, though. I know better than to say this on Twitter. ;)

• Love 9

OMFG with Ron thinking it makes sense in any universe, even a fictional one, for a character to just get passed around by different kidnappers forever.

He should just say "yeah, I'm a mindless hack with no original ideas who regurgitates my most nonsensical stories over and over. Your point?"

• Love 3
(edited)

So I just started today's episode, and Sonny tells Carly he just "can't say goodbye" to Duke.  I guess he's channeling Thelma Houston and his  and Duke's song was her "Never Can say Goodbye".

Then he goes to the door and there is Duke!  So I guess the next line will be "I just can't quit you!"

Nice to see that Duke's death is ALL ABOUT SONNY.

I guess we've gone from the South Parkish "You killed Connie" to "You killed Duke".  Who will Sonny have sex with on top of Duke's grave, do you think?  Will it be Julian, Jake, or Caaaaaaaaaaaarlos?

:Little did I know that after that opening, even more ASStounding things were to come!!

We had Sam explaining death to Emma, which pretty much boiled down to "Get yourself some crappy dime store dragons so unicorns or whatever and then think of whoever is dead when you do the hokey pokey".  Cuz Sam is so DEEP.  Which is why Patrick wuvs her so - NOT because she's a relatively easy lay.  Poor Patrick, though, all that talk was too deep for him.  He sorta nodded off, since neither he nor Sam were nekkid.

Duke at the door....poor Sonny....It was just a dream!!  "OH, WHY did this have to happen?", he moaned to Carly, although I wasn't clear that was about Duke or whether the "why did this have to happen" was referencing him being in bed with a wildebeeste.

Oh - then Carly, talking to Sonny about Julian actually called him vain.  Not that Julian isn't, mind you, but she's talking to a man who applies fresh shoe polish to his head every morning, bronzer every hour, and duct-tapes his moobs so he doesn't jiggle.  

Emma told Sam she was beautiful - then Sam told Emma that SHE was beautiful - then Patrick chimed in that HE was beautiful.  It was beautiful.  Cuz they're all so beautiful.  And oh yeah, Duke died, they're sad too.  But, they are beautiful.  And that lessens the pain.  For them.  Not us.

Sonny continues to be sad because of all the loss in his life.  You could just see it in his face.  And the crib notes he keeps on the palms of his hands.  

After all, he's lost Connie, Karen, Faith, Reese, Emily, Claudia, Brenda, Jason, Soupy Sales, Pope John Paul I, (JP II refused to even have coffee with him), Eleanor Roosevelt, and Sheri Lewis and Lamb Chop.  The guy is SAD, folks, I tell you!

At the church, two strangers are talking to Anna, manage to get out about 4 words each and it turns out to be Mac and Felicia.  Of course, they only get those four words because Lucy Coe barges in like the clueless nutjob she is and takes over the conversation.  The crowd is grateful that at least here she's not having a wardrobe malfunction.  

But she could always strip to her underwear at the burial!  How lucky we all are to have Lucy, because Show tells us she's just SO FUNNY - I mean, SO SO FUNNY and QUIRKY too!  So Mac and Felicia get the bums rush so we can have MORE of Lucy - cuz she's not only FUNNY and QUIRKY, she's also DEEP.    She's so touched by Duke's death I think she should be buried with him, or cremated with him.  That would be deep enough for me.

And Maxie manages to prove she's a complete shallow, unfeeling moronic idiot because her idea of comforting Anna is to tell her that Duke was a snappy dresser.  I'm hoping there's room to bury or cremate her too, along with Lucy and Duke.  And if Det. Kitty isn't also secretly wishing this too, then he's not half the man-for-Anna I think he is.

Anna tells Sonny he's a dirtbag, which isn't really fair, since this is Sonny's loss more than it is Anna's.  I mean, how unfeeling can she be?  Can't she see that Moobs is in pain?  It might have to do with that strap-on Carly was wearing earlier, but who am I to say?

Meanwhile, back at Meerkat Manor, Nick is saying that it's too bad that Elizabeth and Jake are over before they've started, because of the danger, and the danger to her kids, but Elizabeth brushes that off with "Accidents happen".  "Accidents happen"......so I guess when her son Jake died, that was just easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  But she's a great mom and a great nurse.  Just don't be her kid or her patient if she's got any chance of getting laid in her immediate future, because then, you're in "Accidents Happen" territory, I guess.

Anna is left alone, very sad, while bagpipes play Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy in the background, and we get the best part of Show today, some incredible flashbacks.  I'd forgotten how good-looking Ian Buchanan was back in the day.

And Show ends with Carly telling Sonny that she's not going anywhere - which we all know to our sorrow, and then saying that she's a mess.  

Finally, a moment of truth.

Duke's funeral was as fun as a barrel of monkeys, and attended by a whole clown car full of them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

When prodded today on twitter by the SID editor, Mr. C responded: "Actually, she's being held captive and the audience knows that." When queried further by a fan about Helena now being exiled and unable to continue to hold Robin captive, Mr. C cleared the matter up by saying: "You don't think it's possible Helena handed her off to someone else before her exile?"

Stupid shot like this, as well as, not remembering the "Hell No Wedding" or live week is simply turning me off the show even more. Why yes MoRon, asshat showrunners that insult my intelligebce and think I'm stupid is a turn off.

• Love 2
(edited)

I may be close to quitting the show (c'mon Dom, please take a leave of absence too!!!), but I can never quit you people!

I can't really add anything substantive or snarky to the conversation that hasn't already been covered, so I'll simply say: WHERE IS AVA?!?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4