Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Nik is now running a boarding house for single ladies with issues; maybe Anna and some of the other homeless women on this show can move in with him.

Well, it's not like they have anywhere else to go. No place made of stone or brown in color…

And I don't see Liz hesitating, I see her justifying.

• Love 11
(edited)

If she didn't feel guilty and know she was wrong, she wouldn't need to justify. I see all of that as hesitation.

But it doesn't really matter, since Liz is going ahead with it.

Edited by dubbel zout

When this all comes out, I'm really curious how Liz is going to justify herself to Monica.   Liz's dismissal that Monica (and the Q's) are, like, so over Jason's death - when Liz is also a mother who lost a child and knows you never stop grieving them - bugs me big time.

I am hoping for an epic confrontation, complete with Tracy (pseudo) hair flip and a punch.

Honestly - Liz has been dead to me since she slept with Jason during the black out (for me - I never really "saw" Lucky as cheating on Liz. as a story. Realistically, yes, I would be pissed off as hell, but watching it, I saw it as Lucky doing anything to score drugs, and instead of cash, Maxie wanted Lucky's goodie bag. I never once thought there was anything there but a transaction). and I would have been okay with it (them having blackout sex) had Liz just... stuck with her convictions, and left Lucky, and let him get better (or fall into the depths of despair) without her. 

It just seems to me, that every-time that Liz had a chance to be with The Holy Hitman, Liz was the one to pull away or the lifestyle was so dangerous. I don't feel bad, (nor ever will), because Liz chose constantly other people instead of Jason, so no amount of wailing, and reconning will change that fact. 

but considering Liz likes hiding things from the Quartermaines (ie: grandchild). Whatever. 

Also -  further more it just drives me insane that all of these people don't want to be known as a mob moll, or have their kids involved in a mobby life  and they keep sleeping with them. OLIVIA . Like just stop sleeping with the mobsters. Though I don't think any other people exist in Port Charles;.... (shrug). 

Greenlee overheard everything.. I was kinda worried that Nik would go all Cassadine and freeze or or something. 

• Love 1

Liz just had sex and completely took advantage of a man because she knows that if she told the truth, they couldn't be together.

Geez, Ron, rip away the one little bit of hope I had that you weren't going to completely trash Liz in this skeevy-ass story.  Goes to show that betting that RC won't be completely heinous in a story is always a sucker bet. >:(

I'm calling it now - when Jason gets his memory back, Liz will either be expecting his baby or have already given birth and they are happily living together as a family, Liz, Jake, her boys, and little Jake or Jakette.  (Just to twist the knife, they'll have the baby be a boy and be named Steve Hardy WhateverJake'sLastNameIsSupposedToBe).  Because that's how the story will get even worse, and I'm not betting on the story not getting worse.

Not very happy with GH today...

• Love 2

We don't know if Olivia's baby will survive. Especially now that Julian knows he's the father, I'm not sure he'll get his chance to be there. Losing the baby also brings him closer to Olivia and puts a wedge between him and Alexis.

• Love 3

Geez, Ron, rip away the one little bit of hope I had that you weren't going to completely trash Liz in this skeevy-ass story. Goes to show that betting that RC won't be completely heinous in a story is always a sucker bet. >:(

I'm calling it now - when Jason gets his memory back, Liz will either be expecting his baby or have already given birth and they are happily living together as a family, Liz, Jake, her boys, and little Jake or Jakette. (Just to twist the knife, they'll have the baby be a boy and be named Steve Hardy WhateverJake'sLastNameIsSupposedToBe). Because that's how the story will get even worse, and I'm not betting on the story not getting worse.

Yeah, she's completely been thrown under the bus in ways I didn't even know were possible.

• Love 3

*barf* at Liz wasting no time and sleeping with Jason. She didn't even wait a day/week/month it was literally hours after she learned he was really Jason. 

I'm glad Sam told the truth. Unlike a certain someone. 

• Love 6

I hope that wedding during the live shows is Jake/Liz and not Brad/Lucas. Because it'll make the fallout, once Jake knows all, that much sweeter when he (hopefully!) rips her apart and leaves her humiliated and alone.

It's what Liz will deserve.

• Love 11

I hope that wedding during the live shows is Jake/Liz and not Brad/Lucas. Because it'll make the fallout, once Jake knows all, that much sweeter when he (hopefully!) rips her apart and leaves her humiliated and alone.

It's what Liz will deserve.

The real question is, will he threaten to kill her?

• Love 5
(edited)

Geez, Ron, rip away the one little bit of hope I had that you weren't going to completely trash Liz in this skeevy-ass story. Goes to show that betting that RC won't be completely heinous in a story is always a sucker bet. >:(

I'm calling it now - when Jason gets his memory back, Liz will either be expecting his baby or have already given birth and they are happily living together as a family, Liz, Jake, her boys, and little Jake or Jakette. (Just to twist the knife, they'll have the baby be a boy and be named Steve Hardy WhateverJake'sLastNameIsSupposedToBe). Because that's how the story will get even worse, and I'm not betting on the story not getting worse.

She was with Ric for a few weeks and hopped into bed with Jakeson the night she and Ric broke up. So...I'm pretty sure Fertile Myrtle is due a WTD

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I know that Nikolas told Liz Helena told him 'Jake' is really Jason - but did he also tell her that Robin brought Jason and Helena back to life?

No, but she definitely read it on his twitter. 

The real question is, will he threaten to kill her?

No way, not to precious Liz.  He always excuses her behavior, I don't see how this will be much different.

Am I delusional for still holding out hope that this Jakeson nonsense will get resolved soon?  I don't think I can honestly take months more of skeevy Niz and their skeevy lies.

• Love 3
(edited)

When this all comes out, I'm really curious how Liz is going to justify herself to Monica.   Liz's dismissal that Monica (and the Q's) are, like, so over Jason's death - when Liz is also a mother who lost a child and knows you never stop grieving them - bugs me big time.

When she was listing to Nikolas the people who mattered to Jason, I thought it was weird that she mentioned Emily, who's dead, but not Monica. (Well, I guess it makes sense so that the audience isn't going, "Yeah, where is Monica?! This is the Nurse's Ball, after all.") She also said Michael, but not Tracy, Ned, or any other Q.

Daisy - I think the first time something happened between Lucky and Maxie, she wasn't offering him drugs. Elizabeth tried to say "You're my hero" when Lucky was feeling shitty about not being one or getting credit for it or whatever, and he shrugged it off like a douche.  What I remember being disgusted by was Liz catching Lucky nuzzling/putting his arms around Maxie in the L&L2 home, he saw her looking at them, and his reaction was basically 'um, awkward' ... not shame, not horror. She accepted what she saw, and looked to Jason as someone to trust and lean on. People seem to forget that during the blackout, after they had a few life sucks drinks, she said she should go, turned to walk away and Jason stopped her and kissed her. I've seen over and over that she "climbed 15 stairs in the dark to seduce Jason." It's crap!

I also have a bad feeling Becky will be treated to another pregnancy/WTD story as the truth comes out and the baby will get the "second chance/replacement for little Jake" treatment from the writers. Ugh. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

No, but she definitely read it on his twitter. 

No way, not to precious Liz.  He always excuses her behavior, I don't see how this will be much different.

Am I delusional for still holding out hope that this Jakeson nonsense will get resolved soon?  I don't think I can honestly take months more of skeevy Niz and their skeevy lies.

Hmm... this is true. there will be no sitting in the dark, waiting to threaten Liz saying "I will kill you, if you hurt my family." Ahh. Good Jason memories, y'all

Jason's reaction is the least of Liz's worries. When Sam finds out Liz slept with Jason....damn. Get that Emmy reel ready, KeMo.

Liz will need like a month head start. 

Jason's reaction is the least of Liz's worries. When Sam finds out Liz slept with Jason....damn. Get that Emmy reel ready, KeMo.

Sam's reaction is the least of Liz's worries.  When Carly finds out...

Though I'd die if Carly confronted her and Liz was all, "Oh please, bitch, you would have done the exact same thing."

• Love 18

Please, for the love of boxed wine and all else I hold dear, no more pregnancies for Liz, regardless how they turn out, but especially if it's a WTD situation. I fear this board would explode, and I'd miss you all.

• Love 10
(edited)

So now we know where Ronnie stands on the rape debate, he retweeted this:

Ryan ‏@SourceRyan 8h8 hours ago

Jason's had some form of amnesia since like 1995. Can you not with the "Liz is raping Jason" comments please. #GH

Then responded to someone else With:

Ron Carlivati ‏@carlivatiron 59m59 minutes ago

@TonyDedrick @SourceRyan The rape argument is still absurd.

ETA: Here is the entire thread, he responds a few more times:

https://twitter.com/SourceRyan/status/596383570756825089

Edited by mybabyaidan

When she was listing to Nikolas the people who mattered to Jason, I thought it was weird that she mentioned Emily, who's dead, but not Monica. (Well, I guess it makes sense so that the audience isn't going, "Yeah, where is Monica?! This is the Nurse's Ball, after all.") She also said Michael, but not Tracy, Ned, or any other Q.

Daisy - I think the first time something happened between Lucky and Maxie, she wasn't offering him drugs. Elizabeth tried to say "You're my hero" when Lucky was feeling shitty about not being one or getting credit for it or whatever, and he shrugged it off like a douche.  What I remember being disgusted by was Liz catching Lucky nuzzling/putting his arms around Maxie in the L&L2 home, he saw her looking at them, and his reaction was basically 'um, awkward' ... not shame, not horror. She accepted what she saw, and looked to Jason as someone to trust and lean on. People seem to forget that during the blackout, after they had a few life sucks drinks, she said she should go, turned to walk away and Jason stopped her and kissed her. I've seen over and over that she "climbed 15 stairs in the dark to seduce Jason." It's crap!

I also have a bad feeling Becky will be treated to another pregnancy/WTD story as the truth comes out and the baby will get the "second chance/replacement for little Jake" treatment from the writers. Ugh. 

That's fair :). My memory is very hazy of that time period, and its one of those storylines that isn't in the full entirety on youtube. I'll be a bit more lenient up to that point, but I still - just feel personally - (shrug)  don't go back. Don't be Lucky's anchor. Don't lie and make another man's baby his, to 'save' him, because to me ultimately, she was setting him up for a world-a-hurt. (there were other aspects). But I will be more fair-er in that regards :)

Bui this is gonna scream a Baby storyline. of some sort. I mean Sonny just had a kid so it is Liz's turn, right? 

TeeVee329 - I would die of laughter. Because Carly would be all like "yeah, but that's  not the Point, ELIZABETH!

• Love 4
(edited)

So how pathetic and crazy are they going to make Liz because that's all I'm getting out of this.  Another woman nuts over a guy who is no damn prize.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Sam's reaction is the least of Liz's worries. When Carly finds out...

Though I'd die if Carly confronted her and Liz was all, "Oh please, bitch, you would have done the exact same thing."

Carly is going to murder her In the face.

And yeah, part of her anger is going to be because she didn't get the chance to do it first.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Sam's reaction is the least of Liz's worries. When Carly finds out...

LMAO. I just think Sam's reaction will be way more epic. 'Cause you just know we're going to have some Liz/Sam scenes where Sam will talk about Jase.

Geez, Ron, rip away the one little bit of hope I had that you weren't going to completely trash Liz in this skeevy-ass story.  Goes to show that betting that RC won't be completely heinous in a story is always a sucker bet. >:(

I'm calling it now - when Jason gets his memory back, Liz will either be expecting his baby or have already given birth and they are happily living together as a family, Liz, Jake, her boys, and little Jake or Jakette.  (Just to twist the knife, they'll have the baby be a boy and be named Steve Hardy WhateverJake'sLastNameIsSupposedToBe).  Because that's how the story will get even worse, and I'm not betting on the story not getting worse.

I actually think Ron is more likely to resurrect Jake than give Liz another kid. And an older kid would actually create a bigger issue than a new baby. It would be very easy to say Helena and Fluke staged the death and had Jake adopted to some Cassadine cousin to hate Lucky/Liz/Jasus.

• Love 2

So Nik is now running a boarding house for single ladies with issues; maybe Anna and some of the other homeless women on this show can move in with him.

It's either there or Lante's loft. 

Carly is going to murder her In the face.

And yeah, part of her anger is going to be because she didn't get the chance to do it first.

"Bitch, I have been waiting for another shot to sleep with Jason years longer than you have!  Years!!" 

• Love 9

Sad when I was debating whether to watch this episode, then see comments about S & M scenes for tomorrow and I'm making a beeline for the remote to watch the previews. At least there is something to look forward to among this dreck.

Sexy times already Liz? That didn't take long. So gross.

I have the opposite view. Jake has been into Liz since he woke up. He's not conflicted if he ever regained his memories he might be but it's not a given. If he doesn't and is just told that he is Jason, I would not expect him to automatically have any more feeling for Sam than he did for Haydenlee. He pretty clearly wants to be with Liz. They were headed to the bedroom when she showed up. Liz wanted him long before she knew he was Jason and he wants her. I don't see rape here but mileage varies.  Telling him he is Jason put him in the same position he was with Haydenlee with the added angst of tanking the family Patrick and Sam are forming. It's cruel and selfish of Liz but I see her point. Once she knew the truth she was screwed no matter what. Thanks, Nik!

This.

• Love 7

Just popped in after seeing the FB posts about Liz.  For once (well, that I have seen, anyway, having not been around a lot), everyone - here and on FB - seems to agree that Liz is the most awful of the horrible and that Jason would go flying back to Sam if he knew his real name (despite the fact that recovering from amnesia doesn't mean he will be still in love with Sam).

I am still holding on to the hope that Jason never regains full memories of his robotic days, and turns into a good guy.  As for Sam and Patrick, I think they deserve each other, actually, and I hope Sam reverts to type and leaves Patrick after cleaning out the bank account.

Which does make me wonder...why is it ok for Sam to be this helpful, sweet person now but it's not ok for Jason to turn his life around and get a personality?  I don't like the old Jason, but I like the new one.

Sorry, I just like soaps that switch characters up like that.  I'm always up for a good redemption story.

As for Liz, I think RH is doing an awesome job.  I don't like the way she's written but I guess (as someone who took a break from GH for a long time) I kind of feel sorry for her.  From what I read here and there, it doesn't seem as if the writers have written any personal growth into her character, which is a shame.  Personally, I think it's kind of sexist, as I notice more men get redemption than women on soaps. 

If I disliked every character that did heinous things throughout their lives, I wouldn't like any of them.   Maybe I feel sorry for Liz because she reminds me of some of my patients lol.  I like her and wish she would come out with the truth before someone else reveals it.

But damn, can we have a woman on GH who isn't completely defined by a man?  Please? 

• Love 4

It's either there or Lante's loft. 

"Bitch, I have been waiting for another shot to sleep with Jason years longer than you have!  Years!!" 

The sadly ironic thing is, as the years go by, Liz is turning into Carly, just a younger version:

Like Carly, she slept with both Jason and AJ. And that is not meant as any sort of slut shaming, just facts as have happened with both women. (And even with my dislike of Liz, I can concede it is typical soap behavior. And I deleted the others since it had no bearing here.)

Like Carly, she wants Jason any way she can get him and is selfish enough to scheme her way into his life. As Carly did years ago.

And for all of the "meal ticket" talk Liz gave Carly (I hate Carly, but that was low), wasn't Jake sort of an "in" with Jason emotionally?

Liz hasn't yet shot someone in court or had PPD...but that could still come if she gets pregnant again. And it's Liz, so the odds are good there. Oh, and if she does get PPD, can Robin be free by then and make bitchfaces at her and lecture her as Liz did to Robin?

I also want a pony that farts rainbow glitter.

Still, it's surprising Carly and Liz haven't bonded since they are more alike than not these days.

• Love 1

Sam's reaction is the least of Liz's worries.  When Carly finds out...

Liz's similarity to Carly in today's episode is what struck me most about the sex scenes. She seemed determined to get herself laid by Jason, damn the consequences. Carly would absolutely do the same thing if she had the chance.  I've always hated Carly, but I kind of enjoy Liz playing that role. 

• Love 4

Liz's similarity to Carly in today's episode is what struck me most about the sex scenes. She seemed determined to get herself laid by Jason, damn the consequences. Carly would absolutely do the same thing if she had the chance.  I've always hated Carly, but I kind of enjoy Liz playing that role. 

You bet she would. And yeah Liz in this role works for me, she's having her cake and eating it too. I love that she's completely selfish about this and is going after what she wants, no she's not right in this she's completely wrong. Wonder what Ric would think, hmm?

I also think after the fallout comes, which it will she could end up preggers. Think it is inevitable either Sam or Liz will.

I think it's kinda funny that nobody is worried about how VERY premature Liv's baby is.  She's what, 18, 19 weeks pregnant?  Like Ron just gave up on trying to make it realistic since LLC is so very pregnant.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm totally willing to hand wave mutually drunk blackout sex between Ned/Olivia 8 months ago just to make this story go away -and to avoid another mob baby

But yeah, it's kind of ridiculous that the brain surgeon is calmly planning to deliver an extremely premature baby in a hotel instead of doing everything he can to get her to the hospital.

Oh! Speaking of Olivia, what the hell was up with OB/GYN Britt snarking on Olivia for being fat and not recognizing that she was 8 months pregnant during the Nurses Ball red carpet? Weak

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Oh! Speaking of Olivia, what the hell was up with OB/GYN Britt snarking on Olivia for being fat and not recognizing that she was 8 months pregnant during the Nurses Ball red carpet. Weak

Britt is a dumb stupid idiot.

• Love 2
(edited)
Oh! Speaking of Olivia, what the hell was up with OB/GYN Britt snarking on Olivia for being fat and not recognizing that she was 8 months pregnant during the Nurses Ball red carpet. Weak

Ron has issues with weight, as we all know.

I'm glad he's SORASed Olivia's baby, as I really don't know how much longer I could have lasted with this part of the story. Julian knowing the baby is his won't make it any less tedious, but at least I won't get instant rage blackouts from the idiots trying to keep it a secret.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

That said, I think the 'is it, or isn't it rape' discussion we've been having is really interesting, and I think Becky is killing it. I don't know if she's ever been nominated before, but she definitely deserves at least a nom for her work the last few days.

I looked it up; she's  been nominated for three Emmys. The first time, in 1999, for Younger Actress (the rape story), and in 2007 and 2012 for Supporting Actress (Lucky's drug story and Jake's death, respectively). 

I'm surprised she didn't get nominated for her work during Emily's death. I thought she was absolutely fantastic in the scenes where she discovers the body and sort of cleans it up and stays with her. I found those scenes incredibly moving.

• Love 3
(edited)

You know what I'm also not looking forward to?  Liz throwing bitchface at Rebecca Budig.  "How DARE you blackmail us, you vile woman!"  Girl, please.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I saw Scott Reeves and JJ again on "Nashville,"  and I SO wanted 'Steven' to tell 'Lucky' - 'Go home now and be a father to your kids! My sister shouldn't be their only parent! You don't want Jason playing Daddy, do you?' I feel like that even more after Elizabeth was telling Jakeson to talk to Cam and Aiden about their interests. It's so wrong that they don't have their Dad.  Liz, he has his own son and you know it!! 

I hated how Sam behaved when she was totally obsessed with Jason (both when they were together and apart). I suppose in a way this is karma for her since she deliberately slept with Lucky (while he was married to and living with Elizabeth) to stick it to Jason and Elizabeth. But Elizabeth keeping little Danny from knowing his Daddy is his daddy is just horrible. 

• Love 3

Whenever I think of Jason and Danny being separated I think of that conversation he had with Sonny about how some people weren't cut out to shoot a man who is begging for his life up close like Jason could. What Liz is doing to Jason is wrong but I can't help but feel Danny is better off.

• Love 6
(edited)

Because Jason had deep and profound relationships with both Emily and Michael.  Yeah, Monica should have been mentioned (since Jason was closed to her), but Jason was extremely close to Emily in the Q house and to Michael in the Corinthos house.  So it makes sense to me that she mentioned Michael and not Ned or Tracey because Jason had no real relationship with them.  The people Elizabeth singled out WERE the main players in Jason's life:  Michael, Emily, Carly, Sonny, and of course Sam.

Edited by Bishop

The people Elizabeth singled out WERE the main players in Jason's life:  Michael, Emily, Carly, Sonny, and of course Sam.

The only person that she should really be focused on is his kid.  Yeah, Sonny and Carly don't need Jason to clean up their messes but his kid might need his Dad.  That to me is where Liz is being the most reprehensible.  She's hand waving a little boy because she can't get over a guy who doesn't want her.

• Love 4

The only person that she should really be focused on is his kid.  Yeah, Sonny and Carly don't need Jason to clean up their messes but his kid might need his Dad.  That to me is where Liz is being the most reprehensible.  She's hand waving a little boy because she can't get over a guy who doesn't want her.

Dare I say, this is kinda what makes this whole thing interesting, and the writers have sort of stumbled ass-first into something that's really instigating a lot of debate. I am fully-confident that this wasn't their intention, but it is interesting that (if this board is any indication) this story is generating a lot of passion on either side, and when was the last time a GH story really caused that kind of reaction? I don't have an opinion, honestly, but I'm loving reading all of the debates you all are having.

Back to your quote, specifically, ch1, I see how it is exactly correct and exactly incorrect (no offense, hear me out). Jason didn't want Elizabeth at the end of his life, even though she made it clear she'd be with him by changing Danny's paternity results to make that a possibility (that did happen, didn't it? I didn't dream it, did I?), and Jason was happy with Sam & Danny, even though he didn't know Danny was his. But, that Jason, for all intents and purposes, is gone, and he's been replaced with Jake, who does, in fact, want to be with Elizabeth in every way. She can sort of be with the guy she's always pined-for, as well as having a brand-new relationship.

In no way am I condoning Elizabeth's behavior, but I see the grey area where Jakeson are the same person, but a completely different person. It's actually kind of a fascinating story considering their history, I think. Elizabeth has always been a polarizing character, with a ton of love and a ton of hate, but I've never been passionately on either side (although, I'd cut off my pinky-finger if I could have her perfect skin). I'm loving BM as Jakeson, though, and can't imagine this story with blinking-board SB.

• Love 3

I actually think Ron is more likely to resurrect Jake than give Liz another kid. And an older kid would actually create a bigger issue than a new baby. It would be very easy to say Helena and Fluke staged the death and had Jake adopted to some Cassadine cousin to hate Lucky/Liz/Jasus.

This could..actually work? And I don't think I'd mind it nearly as much as I would Liz getting pregnant.

• Love 1

This could..actually work? And I don't think I'd mind it nearly as much as I would Liz getting pregnant.

Would that mean Corn Child would have to give Jake back his kidneys, though?

• Love 3