Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Just Trying to Stay Afloat

• Start Topic

Aside from the adoption drama, this episode is boring as shit. Why do I want to see husband and wives argue and Janelle yell at her kids? I can see that shit in the grocery store. And I know Robyn thought she was adorable making fun of Kody, but we don't get it. We're not married to him, nor do we find anything he does adorable.

Something still seems off about the adoption storyline. Why didn't they show anything or anybody saying he's signing? And how come in real life, there's been no adoption yet? I still don't trust he actually signed it over. That's why Brianna was the only one crying. She's just like her damn mother.

• Love 15

This is what I don't understand. The kids talked to Jessop on the phone, he said he loved them, they said they loved him and they couldn't wait to see him soon. Kody and Robyn talked about him still calling and having visitation. So where is this bad boogyman of a father they have been talking about? The Browns are horrible people, Jessop is right up there with them. Poor Day-un, he was so stunned at what his father had done. Same with the Breanna.

The rest was just a bunch of fluffy bullshit. I kinda wished they had all sunk to the bottom of that lake.

Aurora (or was it Breanna?) was bawling with relief, and the other kids seemed reasonably comfortable with their bio dad's decision to dump them. So, is Jessop really a creep who should be out of their lives? The whole thing is starting to sound like a big fake TLC manufactured story. Maybe Jessop was payed to play along for awhile, but in a few episodes, he'll have a huge change of heart and sue the Browns for coercion, or some-such. Grasping at straws because I don't know what to make of this.

As I wrote in the last thread - did you guys check out Meri's reaction to the news? Kind of a fakey-fake "welll, goood!!!" that didn't come from the heart at all. She didn't even turn on the Meri eye-faucet. I mean, she never stopped crying in the last few seasons, but now? Cold and remote, like she really couldn't give a toss about any of them anymore.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 6

do you think it might be in actuality a legal guardianship?  Not a full on adoption.

This isn't Nevada rules, but I imagine it's pretty much the same there as it is in Santa Clara County.

http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/probate/guardianship/guardianship_vs_adoption.shtml

Is Guardianship the Same as Adoption?
No. Here are some differences:

In a Guardianship:

• Parents still have parental rights. They can have reasonable contact with the child.
  • The Court can end a guardianship if the parents become able to take care of the child.
  • Guardians can be supervised by the court.

In an adoption:

• The parents’ rights are permanently ended.
  • The legal relationship is permanent and is exactly the same as a birth family.
  • An adoptee inherits from his or her adoptive parent(s), just as a child would.
  • Adoptive families are not supervised by the Court.
Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8

I honestly was livid watching this. Did someone actually say "Preston wrote you off?" Something about write off..i honestly felt my blood pressure spike. Those older two kids were in fucking shock. The little one didn't even understand it. I can't with Robyns mini-me...and i will stop at that cus underage and forum rules yada yada. Dayton with his comment about "function and structure"..have they scared the shit out of those kids with the that if their mother died, they would go back to him? ? Seriously wtf...too much talking around the kids. .influencing them. I'm sickened.

Nice that Meri is pulling in the paycheck sitting there with a scowl on her the entire show like someone told her to quit washing her hair with battery acid. Go away Meri. You are pissing me off too. I was so happy Janelles ugly little boat beat the douche's douchecanoe! I was hoping it would sink. Real fair teams there. ..but so glad to see her big brawny boys come on at the last hour to help momma out. Janelle so funny..."i saw this happening. .so glad i am across the street here. "

I just realized i really really don't like these people..only some of the kids...some. .not all.

Btw..is King Solomon crippled or lame ? He can't walk? Am i missing where he lost the use of his legs? ?

Rant almost over..I'm pissed.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 24

do you think it might be in actuality a legal guardianship?  Not a full on adoption.

Could be. The way the Browns like to bend the truth (Air Force Prep School vs the actual Academy) this could be anything from Jessop giving full custody to Robyn to actually signing away his rights. It is moving along too quickly, there has been no home visit to determine if the home and Kody are suitable for adoption and everything seems to be handled by flaky attorneys over cell phones. 

WHY give up parental rights of two kids who are within a couple years of being legal adults anyway? Just on that fact alone I would have told Kody Brown to shove it.

• Love 8

So  for those of us who much prefer to watch football than this nightmare, did they imply that Jessop gave up the kids? 

They said outright that he signed away his parental rights.

I thought I heard Robyn saying that Jessop signed away his parental rights. My first thought was, "So, now, her kids have NO legal father." Jessop isn't, if he signed away his rights. And KDouche isn't, either, since he hasn't adopted them yet and doesn't even know if he can. Way to go, Robyn. But she got what she wanted. She's got legal standing, even if her kids have none.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 4

How cruel.  Your father signed away his rights to you.  Let's film your reaction to that, the minute you hear it, and expect you cheer and scream like that's the best thing ever, even though you still love him and want to visit him.  And while we're at it Dayton, can you just set aside your Asperger's once in a while to give the cameras the reactions your five parents would like for you to show?

• Love 17

But she got what she wanted. She's got legal standing, even if her kids have none.

Yup. Seems like that was the whole point of this crappy exercise. How the other wives aren't spittin' nails and plotting their exit strategy is beyond human comprehension.

• Love 2

Aside from the adoption drama, this episode is boring as shit. Why do I want to see husband and wives argue and Janelle yell at her kids? I can see that shit in the grocery store. And I know Robyn thought she was adorable making fun of Kody, but we don't get it. We're not married to him, nor do we find anything he does adorable.

Something still seems off about the adoption storyline. Why didn't they show anything or anybody saying he's signing? And how come in real life, there's been no adoption yet? I still don't trust he actually signed it over. That's why Brianna was the only one crying. She's just like her damn mother.

But Brianna cried REAL tears.

Let's film your reaction to that, the minute you hear it, and expect you cheer and scream like that's the best thing ever, even though you still love him and want to visit him. 

I know. And 2 seconds after Robyn tells the kids that their daddy just blew them off for life, Kody The Sensitive ribs the stunned kids with (paraphrasing):  "huh? huh? no jumping for joy? no 'woo-hoo', no 'yee-haaaa'???!!"

Urgh. That was in such poor taste, I have no words.

• Love 19

There is so much hostility between Christine and Little Lord Fauntleroy.  When he called her "Crybaby," he was pissed, he wasn't  teasing.  Oh, how I'd love to see one of them, ANY one of them, stand up to him and put him on his ass.  In the meantime, PLEASE buy him a thesaurus.  He describes everything remotely pleasant as "fun."  When they went to tell Meri that "he" had signed papers giving up parental rights, Kody said, with beady-eyed maniacal glee, "So, we have some fun news!" 

• Love 8

I never heard them say he signed away his parental rights (those exact words). I noticed they kept referring to it as he "gave his consent," and "he gave Kody permission" to adopt the kids. I don't mean to be splitting hairs, but I don't trust this family, or any story on this show, so I'm wondering if this means something.

• Love 12

I dunno, it just kinda reminds me of when they lied to the kids and said they were moving to vegas in THREE DAYS because Kody might get arrested and their family might get split up.  HUGE LIE.  But the kids were terrified.

Same thing here.  

• Love 14

After a little snooping online, it appears that you can't just walk into an attorney's office and sign a piece of paper giving consent to someone else to adopt your children. To relinquish parental rights (which is needed for someone to legally adopt children), the case has to be heard in court and signed by a judge, whether it is voluntary or involuntary relinquishing of rights.  In many states, they might require them to sign local juvenile court consent forms, receive a custody order from that court, appear before the court several times and then obtain a court order severing the parental rights. A court may deny the request to voluntarily relinquish the parental rights when a court decides a divorcing parent is trying to evade legitimate child support obligations (like Robyn was trying to bargain with Jessop).

Since the Browns did not head to court to deal with the parental rights issue, I doubt Jessop actually gave up his rights.

• Love 17

Is it possible that Robin and her "ex" were never legally married, only spiritually, and she never had his name put on the birth certificates? Then she would have been a single mother for welfare purposes, right?

Edited by Mittengirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

They're such liars. I wouldn't doubt a bit if it was actually a matter of signing consent to legal guardianship. Which is a completely different thing, and STILL should not be part of a television show. These are the most personal matters of Dayton, Aurora, and Breana's lives--regardless of their father's character (whatever it may be), this should not be televised. Robyn blocked cameras from filming her bedroom when they did their house tours, but she'll lay bare to the public the most sensitive matters regarding her minor children. It's sickening.

I think this is what this is about - legal guardianship. If this was about completely giving up his rights there would be no more contact with him and it's clear they expect to still have contact. I wonder what will happen with the adoption. Will they just act like this is the adoption? If it's legal guardianship Kody still can't adopt. Heck even if it wasn't he still might not be able to. 

• Love 4

I find it interesting that the last episode was numbered as 3 and this one 7. Why the need to jump 4 episodes to get to this "adoption" reveal? Does TLC really think we're all on the edges of our seats waiting to see how this turns out?

Since the Browns did not head to court to deal with the parental rights issue, I doubt Jessop actually gave up his rights.

But they mentioned several times that the next step would be going to court for a judge to sign off on the deal. Plus, previews for the show included such a scene (at least that's what they said or pretended it to be).

Is it possible that Robin and her "ex" were never legally married, only spiritually, and she never had his name put on the birth certificates? Then she would have been a single mother for welfare purposes, right?

That's a really good guess. But would Robyn really have three kids with this guy, and not put his name on a single birth certificate?

They're such liars. I wouldn't doubt a bit if it was actually a matter of signing consent to legal guardianship. Which is a completely different thing, and STILL should not be part of a television show. These are the most personal matters of Dayton, Aurora, and Breana's lives--regardless of their father's character (whatever it may be), this should not be televised. Robyn blocked cameras from filming her bedroom when they did their house tours, but she'll lay bare to the public the most sensitive matters regarding her minor children. It's sickening.

I totally agree. Kody continued to show absolutely no awareness or sensitivity to what this means to the kids. He and his ego were only concerned with his cheers and congratulatory pats on the back and hip-hip-hoorah! What an asshole. Notice Dayton expressed bafflement, and instead of Robyn or Kody addressing that, Robyn simply asked: "are you happy or sad?" She knew he'd say "happy," and that's all she cared about. The kids have to follow the script just like the adults. I agree it's sickening.

• Love 14

After a little snooping online, it appears that you can't just walk into an attorney's office and sign a piece of paper giving consent to someone else to adopt your children. To relinquish parental rights (which is needed for someone to legally adopt children), the case has to be heard in court and signed by a judge, whether it is voluntary or involuntary relinquishing of rights.  In many states, they might require them to sign local juvenile court consent forms, receive a custody order from that court, appear before the court several times and then obtain a court order severing the parental rights. A court may deny the request to voluntarily relinquish the parental rights when a court decides a divorcing parent is trying to evade legitimate child support obligations (like Robyn was trying to bargain with Jessop).

Thanks for doing some digging. I want to call you Meghan and hope that you wore your headband of justice. Sorry. That was a Real Housewives of OC reference.

So does Aurora actually call her dad Preston or is that just for the show? I think I read around these parts that Robyn had her kids using Brown as their last name for awhile.

I rolled my eyes when I saw that Kody, Robyn, and Christine put MSWC on their boat. I just cannot bring myself to type the name of their stupid closet. Also, them acting like everyone will be puzzled about "sister wife". Sigh...I just can't with these people.

• Love 6

Ugh, I'm so irritated about this adoption news.  I hope PP are correct, and it isn't what it's been made out to be.  I felt especially bad for Dayton.  He seemed shocked and upset at the news.  I am sort of eh about Robyn's kids in general, but I quite like Dayton.  

• Love 9

And how did they go from last week when the attorney was trying to service him, he was running out the back door to this week he's sitting there calmly signing his rights away? And God forbid, he can't be there if Robyn calls. "He might be there if we call!"

Thanks for taking one for us, MarysWetBar!  Awesome research, Galloway Cave!

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 4

I am so tired of them saying how polygamist never win custody, and it depends on how the judge feels about pluaral marriage, this has very little to do with that, but if they should be denied they are going to start screaming per-se-cu-tion.

It makes me angry that not only did Robyn have her kids calling Kody dad right away, but I didn't realize she also had them calling their actual dad by his name. That is so messed up, it's not easy to go from calling someone one thing and changing it, I have teachers from high school that j am still in touch with 15 years later and I still say "Mrs.blah blah blah" because that's how I know them, I couldn't imagine calling one of my parents that I knew from birth by a different name.

• Love 7

I felt bad for Robyn's kids, especially Dayton. It's like they were being told "Your dad is no longer your dad". They don't really know what is going on, whether they will ever see or talk to their real dad again. I'm sure they care about Kody, but most kids really want a relationship with their birth dad. To use children like this for a TV show is awful. I actually applaud Meri and possibly Janelle, for not wanting to get too involved in this storyline.

I do think all of the Browns love the kids and I'm sure any of the wives would be willing to take on Robyn's kids if need be. I keep hearing that Meri wouldn't take care of the kids, but if you watched every season, she is always seen hugging and kissing kids and having them snuggle on her lap. I believe Janelle has some difficulty with kids and always appears to be arguing with hers, but I still think she would step up if needed.

I really can't stand Robyn or Kody at this point and would happily watch a show with the other three wives if R and K disappeared into the sunset.

• Love 6

I hate to sound really shitty regarding Robyn,s children but ...Jessop probably could have cared less. He was signing away two girls that were just "chattel" to him and one son who because he is on the spectrum is damaged goods on his eyes.

This "family" is all kinds of messed up. Meri and is so checked out of this since her only child is gone and Janelle is not far behind.

• Love 1

That is interesting to think about, but I don't think it happened this way. Robyn said in one of the Tell-All's how she has signed divorce papers of her own. And then she recently mentioned her lawyer who handled her divorce from Jessop.

I may have found the Browns annoying or irresponsible in the past, but after tonight I am truly disgusted by Robyn and Kody! I can't believe the ego on Kodoofus to act all dejected when Brianna and Dayton didn't jump for joy at the news. That was so wrong to film such a private moment too.  I am seriously puzzled by this adoption thing.

Wow, Meri looked so detached from everything! She came across much differently in this episode than in others. Notice the way Kody was practically forcing her to give him a hug! I wonder if this was filmed when the Jackie Overton/"Sam Cooper" interactions began. On the other hand, she was looking refreshed and a bit more trim.

Edited by purpleflowers
  • Love 7

Few thoughts/rants after a cooling off period post show.  Aurora, Breanna, and Dayton need to be taken away from Robyn.  She has shown NO regard for their well being in any way, shape, or form.  She has treated them like possessions from the moment she fell for Ko-dummy.  I am utterly dismayed and saddened at the turn this clusterfuck took tonight.  Even IF ( have no evidence either way, but his silence speaks volumes)  Jessop was a horrible father and this needed to happen for the children's future benefit (cough.bullshit.cough), it should NEVER have been done as a fucking storyline!!   It is child abuse - plain and simple.   

I started to cry when I saw all three kids listen to the bomb that Robyn so happily dropped on them ON CAMERA.  And what happens next?  King Ko-Douchetastic himself insists on praise and excitement  (again for the camera).  I so wanted to take those kids and comfort them.  It's mental/emotional abuse, and someone needs to step up.  Hello?  Nevada Child Protective Services?  Anyone watching this shit??

• Love 19

I hate to sound really shitty regarding Robyn,s children but ...Jessop probably could have cared less. He was signing away two girls that were just "chattel" to him and one son who because he is on the spectrum is damaged goeods on his eyes.

This "family" is all kinds of messed up. Meri and is so checked out of this since her only child is gone and Janelle is not far behind.

Could be, also since I assume he has to pay child support for the three of them. Even if it's true that he doesn't value his kids, especially if that's true all the more reason to not film their live reactions. I have a little experience with foster care and guardianship and adoption and usually there is a social worker or two hanging around making sure the kids are represented appropriately. It seems needed here. What was up with the eldest girl's tears? Was she abused by the father or something? Was she simply playing her part on a TV show? It was definitely uncomfortable to watch Robyn spin it as happy tears as it was more complex than that. I was as baffled as Dayton (who is my favorite person on this shit show). It was sweet when he group hugged Robyn and the daughter.

Well even though the adults are a crazy mess, the kids are alright. Maybe having to raise each other is paying off.

Meri and Janelle seemed super checked out this episode. Meri particularly didn't seem to care that the adoption or whatever it is, went through. Maybe she's leading a double life as a bookie and that's why she's always in her office. I'm trying to make this show more interesting by inventing my own storylines.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 6

Robyn's daughter who was crying and jumping up and down and all emotional about being adopted and being a Brown for real was the same one who barreled into Kody's now dead brother the first time she saw him and jumped all over him and acted like he was the favorite uncle ever.  She'd never seen him before.  That was so beyond inappropriate.  She'd not been introduced yet.  I think she has a overreaction disorder, and a need to belong and be first in every male's heart.  Dangerous.  Inappropriate 4 or 5 years ago and inappropriate now.

• Love 16

Robyn's daughter who was crying and jumping up and down and all emotional about being adopted and being a Brown for real was the same one who barreled into Kody's now dead brother the first time she saw him and jumped all over him and acted like he was the favorite uncle ever.  

I think she has a overreaction disorder, and a need to belong and be first in every male's heart.  Dangerous.  Inappropriate 4 or 5 years ago and inappropriate now.

I think Aurora's "loving" mother has been manipulating and teaching that girl how to behave towards her "step-dad" and his "family" from day one. She has been crawling into Kodostrophy's behind right from the beginning.

The Browns have absolutely no shame and no morals. Lying, cheating and deceiving; constantly dodging questions regarding jobs and income, insurance, loans, religious belonging, mortgages, affairs, divorce and adoption, etc. They are immune to any logical conclusions, stubbornly forcing their fairytale perspectives as the only "real", supposedly "Mormon" life-syle and "culture" on the spectators.

I really don't care if they try to manipulate the viewers. Most of us are adults and most of us can handle being lied to. We're lied to umpteen times every day (advertisement, politics, news, religion, etc.) and it's our responsibility to take care that our children don't buy it.

The really horrible crime is what they are doing to their kids. As children of polygamous relationships they were all raised to keep their mouths shut about this part of their lives (nicely worded, more truly worded however: they were educated to blatantly lie; meaning lying is a part of their conduct), the adults and the kids.

Then they moved to Nevada and now the children have to continue lying. Not because of their polygamous life-style. Granted, the authorities in Nevada don't give a flying fish about their rabbit-similar way of life as long as they don't commit any fraud (which, I guess, will probably be revealed sooner or later and will then also be explained to the public with blatant lies and strictures).

Now the kids have to live the Hollywoodl-scripted life the adults and TLC have forced upon them. (Remember Truely's air quotes? Wonder who of her older siblings or how often the grown-ups have been using them.) The manipulative raising and the forceful lying are the most despicable felony all of them are guilty of. This "adoption" story is the violation of 3 children's rights and belongs in front of the Geneva Convention for twisting the minds of dependant, innocent children's souls!

But I'm convinced this conduct comes with a price, namely with the price of disturbed relationships between parents and adult children.

I have a gut feeling they'll be trying to make us believe next that Maddie's religious communion is forcing her to break all ties to the poor family. I have such a gut feeling... That way, they won't have to explain why they haven't been invited to her wedding.

One day in the future the aged Kody and his Kodettes will be seen complaining about their estranged children and how these ungrateful brats have distanced themselves from their antisocial origins.

Way to go, Kody, Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn! But you're getting there! Give them time.

Edited by Laura-Rose1957
  • Love 5
Meri particularly didn't seem to care that the adoption or whatever it is, went through.

Yes, I found that very interesting, especially since Sobbyn and Kody made a big dramatic deal of formally telling Meri the "fun news". Because Meri was the one who got this ball rolling, and because the adoption (ruse) was the entire purpose of her magnanimous offer to divorce Kody. I love the fact that they self-righteously *included Meri to share in the special moment*, and Meri was all, "meh ... that's good". Yeah, somewhere along the line, she checked herself out emotionally. I wonder if the legal divorce helped her psychologically release the grip that this clusterf*ck marriage had on her mental health.

Edited by deedee2
  • Love 7

That is interesting to think about, but I don't think it happened this way. Robyn said in one of the Tell-All's how she has signed divorce papers of her own. And then she recently mentioned her lawyer who handled her divorce from Jessop.

I may have found the Browns annoying or responsible in the past, but after tonight I am truly disgusted by Robyn and Kody! I can't believe the ego on Kodoofus to act all dejected when Brianna and Dayton didn't jump for joy at the news. That was so wrong to film such a private moment too.  I am seriously puzzled by this adoption thing.

Wow, Meri looked so detached from everything! She came across much differently in this episode than in others. Notice the way Kody was practically forcing her to give him a hug! I wonder if this was filmed when the Jackie Overton/"Sam Cooper" interactions began. On the other hand, she was looking refreshed and a bit more trim.

agree with your comments about Meri.  She does look thinner, hair healthier, totally checked out.  

He called it "fun" news? Sick.

Still thinking/theorizing on Jessop. Why no one has ever seen him. For the life of me, only one photo (a head shot, looks like a high school pic) in a family tree years ago.

Either he's WAY off the grid, or maybe he's disabled in some way - "simple minded" perhaps due to an accident of some kind? I'm just theorizing here.

About the boat race:

Smart of Jenelle to opt out of working with the other adults, because she knew it would turn into a total cluster. I also thought it was interesting that Jenelle named two kids officially working on her team (Gabe and Gwen), and every shot we saw of her garage, both those kids were out there working. 

Cut to Kody's team - he had Robyn and Christine and I can't recall which ones, but I thought they named off several kids. But we never saw any kids in there helping until the very end. Did the tense dynamics scare all the kids off? Or were the parents being so controlling they didn't want any kids getting in the way? I know there was some back-and-forth on Jenelle's team, but overall they seemed to just want to have fun. Whereas Kody's team took it so seriously that it no longer became a fun, family activity. 

I did think the boat Kody's team came up with was pretty nice looking, despite the stupid plug for their stupid "business". But it was so hilarious when all they could do was row in circles. Meanwhile, Jenelle's plain boat seemed pretty darn fast. I thought it was very cute and clever that Gabe named the boat "S.S. Enough to Participate". 

My only concern is that Gwen complained that Gabe was overriding all of her ideas and not really letting her make any decisions. I just hope Jenelle has a handle on that, and doesn't let him turn into another Kody. 

About the adoption:

It's still just so weird to me. Jessop signed away his rights, but he still wants to see his kids and they still want to see him? I've never really seen anything like it. I just don't know enough about Jessop to form an opinion about him, but I don't know what kind of father signs away their kids like that. It's like he's admitting he wouldn't want the kids if something were to happen to Robyn. But based on what Aurora said about their phone call, it almost sounded like he loves them, and he did it to make THEM happy? Who knows....

I do know that Aurora has Stockholm Syndrome. She was just WAY too happy about being a Brown. And she calls her bio dad "Preston"? No. Just no. Look, my mom re-married when I was 2. I was raised by my step-dad AND my dad. My mom and step-dad went on to have 3 more kids and I started calling him "dad" from an early age. Nobody forced me to, it just felt natural. But I still called my dad "dad" as well. And I was careful to always call my step-dad by his name at my dad's house. I just feel like that girl tries too hard. And that someone was pressuring her right off the bat. 

The other kids didn't look too excited. Not until after some prompting. In fact, hardly any of the rest of the family seemed excited. I would have almost said it was a reenactment, except for Christine's reaction. She seemed genuinely happy. I think she truly does care about ALL of those kids and see them all as family. 

It's so interesting to watch Meri during this time because she alternates between looking awkward, angry, or distracted. You can tell something is going on and she can barely hold it together. She has always seemed so dependent on Kody and now she could barely bring herself to hug him. 

• Love 9
I never heard them say he signed away his parental rights (those exact words). I noticed they kept referring to it as he "gave his consent," and "he gave Kody permission" to adopt the kids. I don't mean to be splitting hairs, but I don't trust this family, or any story on this show, so I'm wondering if this means something.

No, you're right. They never did actually use those words. They said "sign the paper work, but never said "his rights". So there absolutely could be some chicanery going on here. 

I believe Janelle has some difficulty with kids and always appears to be arguing with hers, but I still think she would step up if needed.

I feel for Jenelle. I think both she and Christine have been single moms more so than the others. It seems clear that Kody prefers Robyn and Meri - Meri has the empty, quiet house. And Robyn is the new, young, "sexy" (gag) one. Christine has it easier than Jenelle because she A. Just seems more suited to being a full time mother and B. Her kids just seem to be a lot more mild and helpful. Jenelle has a house full of boys, and that can be hard enough with two full time parents. Kody does NOT effectively help parent. Remember how dismissive he was of Hunter when they first moved and the boy was really struggling?  And then when Jenelle called Kody over because one of her boys was fighting with Christine's son? He just sent Paedon (I think?) home. To Christine. For her to deal with. 

Jenelle has also been one who has always wanted to work. So she's probably often stressed from trying to hold it all down with little help and that can make her a bit snappy at the kids. But Logan turned out to be a wonderful young man, and I hope the other kids follow in his foot-steps. 

Did I miss an episode where Robyn announced her pregnancy...because she sure looked pregnant in this episode.

I thought so too! In that yellow shirt. 

• Love 3