Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Fields: Tootie's In Da House!

• Start Topic

Oh wow I hadn't heard that Kim was coming on ! I was just watching TFOL last night and her mother, Chip played Tootie's Mom. I wonder if she will pop on as well. She looked just like her back then.

Aww, I didn't know that! (I've never seen TFOL.) She and Latifah's mom played Regine and Khadija's moms on Living Single, too.

• Love 4

I saw a promo or commercial or a little piece of something during last night's reair of the medicine wives reunion which makes me think she's gonna be "the normal one" - they're on a boat and some out of pocket thing is said or done and her face read (and then she said) "what the what???"    Lol.  I like it already. 

• Love 2

Check out Kim's IMDB bio and resume. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004917/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

She graduated from Pepperdine with a degree in Communications. Impressive and a great school. Good on her.

She just may bring the one thing that has lacked in all of the seasons of Real Housewives of Atlanta.....intellect. 

She is 46 years old and a Taurus. Like Kandi.

I think she will be a good addition. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

Oh crap,  I really hope that is not true.  I was impressed with how modestly she lived.  The Facts of Life is rerun on Logo all the time and Living Single was a hit.  I do not know why she would be hurting for money.  Maybe she made some bad investments?

Oh crap, I really hope that is not true. I was impressed with how modestly she lived. The Facts of Life is rerun on Logo all the time and Living Single was a hit. I do not know why she would be hurting for money. Maybe she made some bad investments?

Sorry, the bold part is a bit of a sore spot for me. LS was a hit and even beat their lead-in show (Martin) in ratings at least for a time, yet only the first season of LS has been released (I believe it came out six years ago) and I think all seasons of Martin have been released by now. /rant

Anywho, re: the foreclosure, I guess the recession hit Kim like everyone else.

ETA: The AJC went to the Cobb County Courthouse to check out the tax lien docs for themselves. Not much new info, but court clerk seems to confirm these are still open liens (for anyone who was skeptical of ROL's thoroughness in reporting, which I'm sure was everyone): http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2015/09/09/mariettas-kim-fields-owes-212k-in-federal-taxes/

Edited by link417

Oh crap, I really hope that is not true. I was impressed with how modestly she lived. The Facts of Life is rerun on Logo all the time and Living Single was a hit. I do not know why she would be hurting for money. Maybe she made some bad investments?

Living Single , like The Facts of Life , is syndicated as well so should be bringing in some dough.

I'm a little bored with her. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Kim Fields. She just doesn't seem like a good fit for reality TV, especially this show. I guess we'll have to see how the rest of this season plays out though.

• Love 2

I swear Kim always looks horrible in the promo shots.  However, in the first restaurant where she was wearing the long black dress her hair and make up was really on point.  I loved that lipstick color on her and might need to get that shade.

KF seems like a nice lady and I like her, but I'm getting really tired of the pearl clutching and "grown women don't act like this." She's right, of course. .. but you're on the Real Housewives. This isn't a new show, she had to have known what she was getting into. I find it hard to believe when anyone goes on a show that's been on for a while and says they've never watched it (I don't know if she's said this, but she's acting like it). If you apply for or get offered a job, wouldn't you research it?? Did she really expect to go sit on a boat and read and eat snacks? You're filming a reality show!! On Bravo!

And I feel her on loving her husband and enjoying their marriage. I love hanging out with my husband and since we have little kids, our time out with just the two of us is precious and rare. If I had the choice of a date night or girls night out, I'd pick date night. And I'd miss my kids terribly if I were away from them for more than a day, I get it. But the crying and carrying on was a bit much. Just suck it up and go to bed early to talk to your husband in your room. It's getting tiresome.

• Love 2

Living Single , like The Facts of Life , is syndicated as well so should be bringing in some dough.

But is Kim getting anything from LS? Could be only Queen Latifah getting those checks. 

I remember that as part of their contracts, only Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David got residuals from Seinfeld, the other three actors didn't get anything. 

They got a cut of the DVD sales and residuals that  actors get from SAG the Screen Actors Guild if the actor is a member. But nothing like the billions of dollars that Seinfeld and David raked in after the shows end.

Edited by represent

Over the weekend I watched a Good Times marathon and a couple of the episodes featured a very young Kim Fields as one of the kids Florida Evans drove a school bus for.  They got stranded in a snowstorm and went into an abandoned house for shelter.  The kids were Janet Jackson in her Penny role, a little boy and Kim.  She looked about the age that she was when she did her Mrs. Butterworth commercial.  Very cute with her overbite.  It's a shame with all of her childhood acting as well as her adult roles that she's experiencing money problems.  Here is an aside:  Chip Fields was the woman who played Janet Jackson's Penny character's bio mother on Good Times.  So Kim and her mother both made money from that show and this was before The Facts Of Life.

According to the article above, its possible that KF didn't pay (some of) her taxes for three years? Am I reading that correctly? Why is that such a common thing with celebrities?

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4
Very cute with her overbite.

She was an adorable little kid.  However, if you compare with her counterpart in Beverly Hills, Kim Richards (who appeared in an episode of Different Strokes...I know that was not Kim's show, but is shows you what a small world child acting was a that time, since Different Strokes lead to Facts of Life) she is not doing that badly, even with the money problems.

I mean we all know that going on this show is a bit of a desperate move on her part,  I mean she is Kim effing Fields, but bills need to get paid.  I am just thrilled to see her again and hope this show does not ruin her reputation.

• Love 1

According to the article above, its possible that KF didn't pay (some of) her taxes for three years? Am I reading that correctly? Why is that such a common thing with celebrities?

It might be a case of having a bad accountant or manager who pocketed the money. Or, a celebrity who is broke and can't pay the taxes, or thinks no one will notice.

• Love 3

It might be a case of having a bad accountant or manager who pocketed the money. Or, a celebrity who is broke and can't pay the taxes, or thinks no one will notice.

Kim had her house that was purchased when she was married to her first husband Johnathan Freeman foreclosed on in 2009.  I wonder if the ex husband bled her dry.  It's funny because Wikipedia has no mention of him.  She was also already married to her second husband when the foreclosure took place.  So I wonder why they couldn't save the home with his income.  He was a broadway actor.  Hmmmmm...

• Love 1

That is interesting Swankie.  I wonder if she broke down when her first marriage fell apart and she looks at her second husband as sort of a life raft?  I think someone up thread said she married her first husband in a lavish ceremony...so she might have been madly in love (if the picture is of her first husband, he sort of looked like a young Arnold Swarzanager (sp? too lazy to look it up) in the face.

I remember when she was crying she said something to the effect of "There was a time in my life that I thought I would no be blessed with a good marriage and children".  This is not an exact quote, but i think she said something to that effect.  Maybe this is why she is so clingy with her family?

This also could be a script and she was just told to act out like this by producers.  Who knows?

• Love 1

I wonder if she broke down when her first marriage fell apart and she looks at her second husband as sort of a life raft?

If Kim's second husband was her life raft he must have sprung a leak because she still lost the house and is still facing a humongous tax debt.  This guy is a bonafide Broadway actor and doesn't seem to be working at his craft.  Now if Nene Leakes can get jobs on Broadway, he should damned well be able to book something! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I think Kim looks amazing, almost exactly like her Regine years on Living Singe, but that hair has got to go.  The clown color is distracting from her pretty face.

I think she is gorgeous as well!  And sometimes I think the hair looks kind of cool on her. And other times not so much.  But wow, she is beautiful.

• Love 2

If she's gonna come for Kenya, I will watch her all day. 

ETA: I feel the need to be clear that I was as baffled as anyone by Kim (and others) seemingly laying the blame at Kenya's door for that Glen mess; I just mean in a more general sense that Kenya sets my teeth on edge and clearly she does Kim's too, and so i enjoy her I-dont-give-a-fuck attitude towards Kenya by and large.

Edited by bref
  • Love 5

The house foreclosure happened in 2009, with her ex-husband. But she still owes $212,000 in taxes she didn't pay for three years recently.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/real-housewives-of-altanta-kim-fields-foreclosure-reality-star-loses-atlanta-home/

My dad has always, always, always said that rich people get into trouble because they buy these giant mansions when they were swimming in money, but no one ever thinks about future property taxes, which are based on the value of your house.  Evander Holyfield and that monstrosity he built....just sad.

• Love 3

Don't know if this should be posted here but did anyone see the tweet Kim's husband posted in response to Kenya's saying she looked like a confused prostitute at Disneyland?

@KenyaMoore  "Lonely" causes you to say pathetic things, hopefully that young man half your age will give you a whole reason to be a better person. Good luck.

Normally, I hate this kind of stuff but I can't even be mad. Not for nothing but this comes after Kenya has been her messy usual self on tweeter re: Kim.   Kenya has retweeted a whole mess of mean-ish tweets from mentions about Kim's 'nappy blond weave' to proclaiming her husband is gay and Kim is nothing but a beard to wanting Kim off the show because she is boring and a crybaby. 

I'm hoping Kim finds her nerve and her heart and comes for Kenya because Kenya did send for her, but you know Kenya will deny all that. In typical throw a rock and hide your hand fashion already, Kenya professed that she’s finding the viewers’ mean tweets about Kim harsh. However clearly, by retweeting the tweets, she wants people to see them.

• Love 5

Don't know if this should be posted here but did anyone see the tweet Kim's husband posted in response to Kenya's saying she looked like a confused prostitute at Disneyland?

Normally, I hate this kind of stuff but I can't even be mad. Not for nothing but this comes after Kenya has been her messy usual self on tweeter re: Kim.   Kenya has retweeted a whole mess of mean-ish tweets from mentions about Kim's 'nappy blond weave' to proclaiming her husband is gay and Kim is nothing but a beard to wanting Kim off the show because she is boring and a crybaby. 

I'm hoping Kim finds her nerve and her heart and comes for Kenya because Kenya did send for her, but you know Kenya will deny all that. In typical throw a rock and hide your hand fashion already, Kenya professed that she’s finding the viewers’ mean tweets about Kim harsh. However clearly, by retweeting the tweets, she wants people to see them.

I've seen a lot of viewers complain that Kim is boring and a crybaby.  Maybe she thought that would work on RHOA and she could remain above the fray and make a few extra bucks.  But, I don't think that is how this works.  If a fight with Kenya gives her a storyline so she can continue.  And I don't know what show Kim and her husband think she is on, but both of them should have seen that coming.  Kim looked awful, and honestly, it should have been her husband who cared enough to tell her that.  You don't have to be mean, but he should have said something.  I mean, I get it, to each their own and if Kim thinks she looks good, great for her.  But I don't think Kenya is saying anything that viewers aren't saying/thinking.  if Kim needs this job, she needs to do something different, if she doesn't need this job, she should quit.

And I certainly hope Kim's husband gets in trouble for getting involved in "woman business" because from where I sit, one woman saying something about how another woman didn't dress right for an event IS woman business..

• Love 3

Still liking Kim on the show! I'm aware she's not the most popular HW on Atlanta, but I for one find her presence refreshing! She's interesting to me and any woman that removes their fussy and grumpy children from an important gathering, gets my applause! Kim appears true blue. No matter if its people of Congress, she's NOT going to inflict her fussy kids on anyone for ANY gain. Good Goin Kim!

• Love 2

If that blind item reveal is actually true, then Kim Fields is a way better actress than I have ever given her credit for being. Because she is sure coming off as a world class sanctimonious goody two-shoes on the show.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5