Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Can’t rely on the Falcons for anything.

The Lions have very good unis with the blue and the grey, but the all-white they are wearing today looks pretty good.

I’m so angry with my husband for being a Jets fan because if they aren’t playing a team I care about I root for NY, and all I get out of it is sadness and disappointment.  I get enough of that from the Giants; I don’t need that from someone else’s team, too.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Ugh!!  I watch games on my laptop and of course my internet drops during the Vikings game. It came back just as Eric Kendricks made an interception!

Ha Jefferson caught  the ball and he drags two defenders with him to make the first down.

30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can I hope for miracles from the Iggles and Vikings? Eh, probably too much of an ask. 

The Vikings offense is trying but the defense is determined to give the Chargers a chance to score.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, twoods said:

Kyler should definitely get the MVP this season because the Cards are a completely different team without him. Yikes.

They were pretty impressive last week without him. 

8 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

And the Chargers scored. Boo.

The Chargers tend to do that. A lot. ☹️

Colts eeked out a win over jags after an early 17-0 lead. 

The jags defense is impressive two weeks in a row.  Colts scored early and then were about shut down for 3 quarters

Back to .500 for the colts which puts them somewhere between 3rd and twelfth in the afc. 

Really need a win vs buffalo next week. Will be tough.  

That's right, Linvall Joseph plays for the Chargers now. I named a calf after him when he was  a Viking. Her tag number is 98, his jersey number as a Viking. She is a mother now.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Can’t rely on the Falcons for anything.

The Lions have very good unis with the blue and the grey, but the all-white they are wearing today looks pretty good.

I’m so angry with my husband for being a Jets fan because if they aren’t playing a team I care about I root for NY, and all I get out of it is sadness and disappointment.  I get enough of that from the Giants; I don’t need that from someone else’s team, too.

Grounds for divorce for mental cruelty right there. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Thank you Eagles and Vikings! It's all set up for the big matchup tonight. 

Don't screw it up, Raiders. 

I was wondering if you were a KC or Raiders fan. I'll cheer for Raiders tonight!

• Love 1

The last quarter and overtime of the Steelers vs Lions game was great. So much terrible football for so little purpose. Games like that make the NFL fun.

On the one hand I wanted to see the Lions achieve a perfect 0-17 season, but on the other hand I really wanted to see the Steelers lose. A tie is the best compromise.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, mojoween said:

One of the defensive players for the Raiders instead of giving his school in the intros I’m pretty sure said the name of a bank, and I have questions.

I heard it, too, but I thought it was the name of a town, something like Cleveland Heights.

59 minutes ago, mojoween said:

One of the defensive players for the Raiders instead of giving his school in the intros I’m pretty sure said the name of a bank, and I have questions.

Oh my lord, is that what he said? I was so confused, lol. There were also way more high schools mentioned than I was expecting. 

On 11/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, Mountainair said:

As a Panthers and a Cam fan I am thrilled with this news! 

I was fine moving on from him but the Panthers did nothing good to replace him. They should have drafted a QB instead of relying on two broken QB’s (Bridgewater and Darnold). Cam has worked with a lot of this O line before. Now is his chance to go out a Panther and hopefully redeem himself from the disaster that was SB 50. I’m rooting for him! 

Quoting myself here to say that I was one happy Panther fan today! Finally. 
I always buy my dad a ticket to a Panthers game each year and we go together. We skipped last year because, Covid and I had every intention of skipping this year as well because of, Darnold. When they signed Cam I knew I had to be there for his first home game back. We have a group of 8 going next weekend. This will also be the first time my oldest kid gets to go to a game (12). 

Mountainair family is pretty hyped and hoping it doesn’t implode! 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Typical Raiders garbage.

Traditional Raiders garbage!

Looks like the Chiefs are back to being the Chiefs again.  For now.  I probably have to wait a couple of week to see what Kansas City does.  Ditto with New England.  I think they might be more than alright, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get stomped twice as hard if they ran into Baltimore, and to a greater extent, Tennessee

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I heard it, too, but I thought it was the name of a town, something like Cleveland Heights.

There is a Cleveland Heights in Ohio and it has a high school of the same name.  No college though.  Cleveland State doesn't have a football team.

Ahhhh...A Raiders Rout.  Good for what ails any given Chiefs fan.

And the Tommy Townsend faked punt/1st down throw?  Pretty sure it made me pregnant.

Edited by voiceover
Yikes! In my defense I was pregnant
  • LOL 2

Cam must have literally pissed in some guy who works at ESPN’s Cheerios because this guy, whose name I did not catch, decided he’s going to be the arbiter of behavior.

He said that Cam’s not likable, the penalty for removing his helmet was not team-oriented, and my favorite insult was this was not a real win for Carolina because Kyler and Andre were out for Arizona (doubt this asshole said this to Aaron Rodgers after Green Bay beat them).

Seriously, fuck that guy.  He sounded like such a dick and now I will root for Cam even MORE.

Also, Kyler doesn’t play defense.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Colts eeked out a win over jags after an early 17-0 lead. 

The jags defense is impressive two weeks in a row.  Colts scored early and then were about shut down for 3 quarters

Back to .500 for the colts which puts them somewhere between 3rd and twelfth in the afc. 

Really need a win vs buffalo next week. Will be tough.  

Opposing defensive coaches:  We have to figure a way to stop Jonathan Taylor.

Frank Reich:  Here, let me show you how.

23 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Why is this such a mystery?

Do the officials rally need to tell the players at the start of OT that yes, this is the one and only period and if they're still tied at the end the game is over? 

And speaking of the Lions, I read a great line about their colors - it's fitting they wear silver because they usually finish second whenever they play.

Perfect.  Plus it's a fact!

I do wish that they players would interrupt the officials, saying, "Dude, we know the rules.  Shut up and get on with it."

After all, the officials are awful at explaining tons of other stuff.

To be fair, the pathetic performance from both Pittsburgh & Detroit was just that, to where I think the officials needed to explain the rules to both parties

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Opposing defensive coaches:  We have to figure a way to stop Jonathan Taylor.

Frank Reich:  Here, let me show you how.

They tried to use Taylor in the second half and he was getting nothing.  

Also the pass rush was quick to Wentz.  In recent games for the colts that hasn't been a problem for them. 

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Perfect.  Plus it's a fact!

I do wish that they players would interrupt the officials, saying, "Dude, we know the rules.  Shut up and get on with it."

After all, the officials are awful at explaining tons of other stuff.

To be fair, the pathetic performance from both Pittsburgh & Detroit was just that, to where I think the officials needed to explain the rules to both parties

If I recall yes they do need to explain the rules because teams and players have screwed it up in the past. 

For example Jon gruden infamous statement. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jay-gruden-says-he-didnt-know-it-was-possible-to-tie-in-nfl-overtime-rules/

The NFL should just make it much simpler though :. One possession per team in overtime.  After that it's sudden death. 

• Love 4

Cam is a fun story, but if anybody wants to make a connection between what happens in games the Panthers win versus what happens in games where the Panthers lose, Christian McCaffery had 13 carries and 10 catches (on 10 targets) for 161 yards.  That's about what he did the first three weeks.

2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Do the officials rally need to tell the players at the start of OT that yes, this is the one and only period and if they're still tied at the end the game is over? 

Maybe they should go to a shootout after OT like they have in the NHL.  Let the QB and a receiver or back go against a DL and a DB from the 10 yard line until somebody scores.  Winner gets a win and the loser gets a tie.

• Useful 2

I cannot get enough of the Draft Kings Manning commercial.  I know that the Mannings are FIRMLY in the love or hate, no middle ground bucket, but my cup overfloweth with love.

Eli’s face when Caesar is telling his incorrect story is precious.  And Cooper, who is super funny, gets the last love.  Also who doesn’t love Halle Berry?

I do wonder why poor Olivia didn’t get invited to dinner, but I guess someone has to watch their passel of grandkids.

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yes, yes they do have to tell the players the game can end in a tie:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/14/najee-harris-i-didnt-know-you-could-tie-in-the-nfl/

Najee Harris who was playing IN THE GAME didn't know.  

You would think they would put it somewhere in a playbook or something. 

Having watched that game it did seem like neither team was playing with any sort of urgency in OT.  

1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Having watched that game it did seem like neither team was playing with any sort of urgency in OT.  

Pittsburgh suffered a few injuries in the game and were already playing without their quarterback. By the time they got to OT, the guys on the field were not a particularly good team. And Detroit isn't a particularly good team at any point in any game.

I think they were both TRYING to win, but they weren't very good at doing so. The radio call kept pointing out that Detroit's FG kicker in the game had a career long of 35 yards, so I'm not sure what that was all about but it didn't sound like a good thing for a team that just needed a field goal to get the victory in OT.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

The radio call kept pointing out that Detroit's FG kicker in the game had a career long of 35 yards, so I'm not sure what that was all about

Detroit had just signed him a day to two before because their regular kicker is out with a hip injury.

I'm a Steeler fan and I know Ben was out and Watt got hurt during the game but we should have still been able to beat Detroit in regulation.   At the end of regulation if I'm not mistaken we still had a time out and something like 10 seconds to play with and we just knelt down and went to OT.  The whole game was just plain weird.  

• Love 4