Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Expect A Miracle

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Kail did work, as a dental assistant, for a while before she went back to school, if i recall correctly. I'm no Kail fan because I find her EXTREMELY selfish and ungrateful, but I will give it to her, she seems like a good mother and she does seem to understand there's a future after Teen Mom and do her best to plan accordingly, at least more so than the other girls do. 

I don't remember Isaac not knowing the letter Q - do you remember which episode this was? I agree that, by age 5, you should know all your letters and numbers. It's also possible Isaac does actually know the letter Q and pretended not to, though - I could see Isaac doing that, you can tell he's a sensitive kid who likes to be coddled and babied. Remember when he told Javi and Kail his toe hurt and Kail said, "He's making it up." And it looked to me like he was, because he wasn't screaming in pain or walking as if his toe hurt. 

But if he really doesn't know the letter Q by now, I agree, that's an issue and definitely something he should know by now. 

Kali, I don't know why your son not knowing the letter Q at the age of 5 bothers me but it does. How about you skip one of the 5,784 times we have seen you going out to eat and teach me his letters and numbers. Go to the Dollar Store and buy a pack of flashclards or buy some construction paper and make your own. Color on a piece of paper with a crayon. Read an ABC book. Use a chalk board or sidewalk chalk. Do something! You don't even work outside the home. My husband and I both worked full time and our son knew his letters, numbers, and colors before he went to school just because we played and taught him at the same time. His first letter when he was less than 2 was W because we had a menu from our favorite pizza hanging on the fridge. (OK, stepping off the soapbox now)

Why do people call her Karl? I figured it was just autocorrect or something lol.

Random and not relevant to anything: 

1. Isaac looks so much like Jo, it's freaky. He's like a mini-Jo. And both of them look like ducks. Something about the way Jo sits there when he talks with this kind of half-smile on his face, just looks like a duck to me. 

2. I crack up when I see people call her "Karl" cuz it makes me think of the character on The Walking Dead, the boy Carl -- well, a lot of people really dislike him and I've had a lot of good laughs from the twop (and now this) forum trashing him.

• Love 1

Why do people call her Karl? I figured it was just autocorrect or something lol.

I think someone said it started out as an autocorrect thing but then it kinda caught on, people thought it was funny so did it on purpose. I always laugh when I see it. Something about the Walking Dead and also Karl Marx comes to mind. 

Didn't Isaac say something like "that's the hard one" when he was asked to identify the 'Q'? If it's just that one letter he forgets the I don't really see the big deal. Sometimes people just can't "get" one certain thing, like one letter or spelling of a word, until hopefully one day it clicks. Hopefully 'Q' just trips him up and he knows all or, most of all, other letters or I agree it's a problem.

• Love 5

Ya but Vee kinda confirmed it when she sent out a bunch of passive-aggressive tweets about how fucked up it is to air other people's dirty laundry, etc. because they also mentioned he'd been to jail before for NOT paying child support. 

Vee tweeted the following:

Vee:“Fakest shit, & on top of that commenting on a mans life you don't know SHIT about. I swear I hate a hypocrite.”

And this:

“Just felt like going OFF on someone who's always talking on Twitter but smiles in person but I held myself back. #FightingTheUrge2BPetty.”

I don't see her posting that Jo was arrested for failing child support.

Did you remember Season 1? Kail cheated on him w/Jordan, even though Jo wanted to work it out. Kail is the one that ended the relationship, not Jo. Jo just didn't want her back when she tried to rekindle things a year later. He's already moved on.

I am almost certain Jo broke things off with Kailyn when he found out she cheated on him.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Yeah and she also tweeted something about airing dirty laundry, if I'm not mistaken. Point is, she didn't deny any of it! And she would if either of those things were untrue. And I don't think Kail and Javi would flat-out make that up. They (especially Kail) like to manipulate situations by not telling the WHOLE truth, but I can't see either 1 of them flat-out lying about Jo not having a job and having been to jail for not paying child support. 

Jo didn't really dump Kail - she'd been distant from him ever since she'd started her job (where Jordan worked) and he dumped her for being "unappreciative" but you could tell he was still in love with her and just wanted her to have feelings for him again, not be distant and appreciate him again and when she didn't do that and instead, started dating Jordan, that's when he got mad and told her to get the fuck out of the house. So yes, technically, he broke it off, but she kinda forced his hand when she started seeing someone else. If she'd been in the position to (aka not needed a place to live) she woulda been the 1 to break it off. She's the 1 who lost interest and moved on 1st, not him. 

By the time she wanted him back a year later, THAT'S when he'd moved on. 

Vee tweeted the following:

And this:

I don't see her posting that Jo was arrested for failing child support.

I am almost certain Jo broke things off with Kailyn when he found out she cheated on him.  

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 1

I once read the teen dads make 15,000. That's been a while so I don't know if it's the same or not.

I searched everything I know to look at and the only arrest I found of Jo was he and his brother pulled over and had marijuana on them. This was 2012 maybe. I did find where Kail got a ticket in June for talking in her cell while driving.

• Love 4

I don't have any facts, just speculating here but, if Jo was taken in for any infraction and it came up that he owed some support? He could technically be held until ____x amount was paid. It's not going to show up as an arrest.

They do that here. Get pulled over for a tag light out. If you are in the system and it shows up? You get handcuffed and taken to the jailhouse. Not arrested, though. You get to sit in a room with other people that owe and take turns using the phone. You get to leave once the money gets paid. Usually by your parents or employer. It happened to my ex. He was cuffed, in court, and lead out. I was shocked. I asked the judge what he was arrested for. "He's not arrested. He's detained. He can leave once he comes up with at least half of what he owes. Which would be about 7 or 8 thousand dollars, or so." No joke.

It's all in how you word it, apparently.

• Love 6
If Jo had been arrested, Kail would have sold the story to tabloids for money. I don't believe it happened.

Oh, no doubt.  The story would have had the words, "A source close to Kailyn confirms that..."

• Love 8

I once read the teen dads make 15,000. That's been a while so I don't know if it's the same or not.

I searched everything I know to look at and the only arrest I found of Jo was he and his brother pulled over and had marijuana on them. This was 2012 maybe. I did find where Kail got a ticket in June for talking in her cell while driving.

I also read not long ago that the dads and live-in boyfriends got 15k a season.

• Love 2

. I asked the judge what he was arrested for. "He's not arrested. He's detained.

It's all in how you word it, apparently.

Oh really Judge?  The meaning of arrested means that you are being "detained."  If there was no option to voluntarily leave, you are arrested.  I think the difference on this arrest doesn't follow a charge and court date if you pay what you owe?

• Love 2

Maybe he dumbed things down for me? I don't know but I did not attend law school or have an attorney with me. I actually got confused because I thought my ex was being arrested for the contempt charge I filed on a separate matter. That's why I asked and that's the answer the judge gave me. All I know, the ex has no arrest record and my bank account looked a whole lot better a few days later.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 3

It's been a while since I watched Kail's 16 and Pregnant but I remember Jo being an immature idiot.  I remember him being down right mean to her.  In fact his mother gave him quite a talking to about it.  In fact I am remembering that Jo and Kail were not even together when she started up with Jordan but that she was sneaking because she was still living with Jo and his family and that they were upset about her FB status change because she was being dishonest.  

I think she's forever pissed off that he didn't grow up and mature while they were together.  She got a mean little boy while Vee got a responsible man and that's the part that she can't handle.  It's like on Sex and the City when big tells Carrie that he's getting married and she's like I got you to the place where you are ready to settle down and now your going to do it with someone else.  Or even When Harry Met Sally, when she cries it's not that he didn't want to get married, it's that he didn't want to marry me.

Oh really Judge?  The meaning of arrested means that you are being "detained."  If there was no option to voluntarily leave, you are arrested.  I think the difference on this arrest doesn't follow a charge and court date if you pay what you owe?

If you are detained but not arrested you can not leave but there is no record of an arrest.   You can be detained but not arrested for many reason including if you are a person of interest, if you might be of danger to yourself or if you need to pay fees, etc. 

• Love 5

Here if they fail to pay a warrant to arrest with debt is issued by the court, you get picked up by the police and given the option to pay and have the warrant ammended or go before the court and face jail time or community service. The arrest is not processed until it is before the courts, so if you pay then no arrest is recorded (the ammended warrant is still on record though).

• Love 1
Earlier tonight I had to take my nephew for football orientation (his parents had to go out of town for an emergency), and the coaches, who happen to be married, talked about a lot of things. One of which was what they expected out the parents. They played a short video. I wasn't expecting to watch what they showed. They showed a snippet of Kail and that scene of her yelling and screaming at Isaac at his game like a pig in a slaughterhouse!!

HA! This just made my week. How do you like that, Kail? You are now a go-to example of how not to behave at athletic evens!

• Love 6
I don't remember Isaac not knowing the letter Q - do you remember which episode this was? I agree that, by age 5, you should know all your letters and numbers.

I don't really think it's a big deal. All kids are different. Throughout life we all learn/accomplish things in our own time, so I've never really seen the need for a certain age to be set for when kids should know things by. It's quite common for kids that age to know most of their letters, but still forget a few, or get a few mixed up. My 7-year-old still has trouble with  b/d and p/q. My sister is an elementary school teacher and assures me this is quite normal. Q isn't a common letter, so I can see a kid forgetting that one. 

Isaac has always shown himself to be a smart cookie. He speaks very well. I don't remember that scene either, but I don't think there's anything wrong with him not knowing Q. I'm fairly certain he won't be 20 and still not know Q. 

Jo didn't really dump Kail - she'd been distant from him ever since she'd started her job (where Jordan worked) and he dumped her for being "unappreciative" but you could tell he was still in love with her and just wanted her to have feelings for him again, not be distant and appreciate him again and when she didn't do that and instead, started dating Jordan, that's when he got mad and told her to get the fuck out of the house. So yes, technically, he broke it off, but she kinda forced his hand when she started seeing someone else. If she'd been in the position to (aka not needed a place to live) she woulda been the 1 to break it off. She's the 1 who lost interest and moved on 1st, not him.

At this point, hadn't they already broken up, but she was still living in the house? And then they got back together, to try and work on things? That's kind of how I remember it. So things were shaky anyhow, and then she wasn't putting in any effort - going off with Jordan and whatnot. Yea, I think it was because of her living with the Riveras that she was hesitant to let go completely.

• Love 1

Right. Jo has made it clear he doesn't want visitation. But, the poster's opinion is, if Jo has to go to court he might as well ask for a bit more visitation. Many of us are of the mindset that if Jo has to go to court, it is his opportunity to bring up such matters.  Not to stick it to Kail but, to make it a bit more of an even playing field since it is being asked of him to pay more. Things are not being made up. They are opinions on what people feel Jo should do on his end if it comes to the point where he would end up in court.

No one has yet posted anything about them going to court. If they had, I am sure Kail would have hinted at it on her social pages.

Did I hear Jo tell Vee that he has taken Isaac to school and other places since moving closer to Kail's home? I hope he has been allowed to do that since it would benefit Isaac to be able to see his dad a bit more outside of his scheduled visitation.

I can only imagine how Kail informed Jo - "Hey, I am sending Isaac to private school. Just letting you know. Bye."

Ok. Maybe I didn't make myself clear all that well. 'The making shit up part' was about Isaac being ignored at home. I haven't seen that.

The part about him evening the playing field, I'll just wait till that time comes. I think he is not dumb and will know (and I am sure his parents are supportive of him) that he can have more custody and pay less child support and will ask for that if he wants too.

Yep and he did say he was happy he was able to take Isaac to school, his games and stuff. Which is really good for Isaac and will make him feel that his dad is really part of his life. I think it must be a great change for Isaac feeling his dad is really involved in daily life stuff. I applaud Jo for moving for his son since he really had to take a whole lot on by doing that. Especially since he knows how over the top Kail can react but I am glad it worked out.

Edited by TM2
  • Love 4

Maybe he dumbed things down for me? I don't know but I did not attend law school or have an attorney with me. I actually got confused because I thought my ex was being arrested for the contempt charge I filed on a separate matter. That's why I asked and that's the answer the judge gave me. All I know, the ex has no arrest record and my bank account looked a whole lot better a few days later.

I always thought detained meant that the authorities were keeping you or holding on to you for a very short time because of suspicious of a crime or some issue.  They will then either arrest you or let you go, depending on what they find out.  Arrest would be you have done something (not paid child support) and will not be leaving until support paid (or something).  This could be 1 day or 1 year.  Did they take him away in handcuffs?

Yes. In cuffs and the deputy walked him out the side door, the door that leads to the jail tunnel. Not the big doors that lead to the hallway. He was not arrested. No rights were read or anything. I was confused at first. I thought he was being arrested on a previous issue that the judge found him in contempt for. He wasn't. That's when the judge said he would be there "until he came up with at least half of what he owes".

To be honest, I was pissed. We were in court because his dumbass attorney led him to believe he could modify the non-modifiable alimony he agreed to, years earlier. It was the judge that pulled out the cuffs, not me. I cried. Who wants to leave court for a silly, no good reason, and see their children's other parent leave in cuffs? Not me. Don't get me wrong, it worked. I just wish I wasn't there to see it happen.

And no, he has no arrest record. At all. Never was even named on an inmate list.

• Love 1

And no, he has no arrest record. At all. Never was even named on an inmate list.

I get it.  He was held in custody until he paid.  I don't think the person feels any better that they are "detained" and not "arrested."    I wonder what happens if the person truly does not have any possible way of coming up with the money? 

I don't know. The judge said it's a good bet they find the money quickly that way. Seems pretty true in my case.

The question of being arrested or detained goes back to Kail and Jo. She said he was in jail for non payment. There seems to be no arrest record of that. I was just offering up a personal example of how that might occur.

• Love 3

I don't know. The judge said it's a good bet they find the money quickly that way. Seems pretty true in my case.

The question of being arrested or detained goes back to Kail and Jo. She said he was in jail for non payment. There seems to be no arrest record of that. I was just offering up a personal example of how that might occur.

It sounds like the same thing.  I think that happened to Adam too.  I think Chelsea and Randy were snickering once after court saying that Adam was just "arrested" for child support non-payment. 

Adam already had a warrant.

Now it gets confusing for me.  Adam had a warrant for not paying child support?  So he was treated differently than her husband because a warrant wasn't issued?  How does one get a warrant?  Are they automatic once you are late paying?  Sorry, I know you're not the clerk of courts.  Just wondering how one gets arrested and another detained.  (I'm glad you got your support, by the way).

• Love 1

Adam already had a warrant.

Correct. I believe he had not paid for almost a year. Each state is different. Most, if not all, courts will issue a warrant for arrest. Here in my state, if one is in arrears, not only will an arrest warrant go out, but one will lose their driver's license and they won't be able to acquire their vehicle registration when it is time to register. Info is sent to the DMV and they put a hold on the tags and registration.

• Love 4

Thanks!

Yes, it is different and no, it's not automatic. I'm only assuming here but I would guess Adam caught a warrant because Taylor was on some sort of state support. I don't know if that's true or not. It's really hard to get anything done if you are not on state support of some kind. (In other words, the state is out to get their money back.)

Yep. My ex just got detained. No warrant was ever issued. He just happened to be in the court room and the judge saw he was over $15,000 behind in support and that he was found in contempt the last time we were there. Clink, clink. Cuffs came out. It was weird.

• Love 3

Thanks!

Yes, it is different and no, it's not automatic. I'm only assuming here but I would guess Adam caught a warrant because Taylor was on some sort of state support. I don't know if that's true or not. It's really hard to get anything done if you are not on state support of some kind. (In other words, the state is out to get their money back.)

Yep. My ex just got detained. No warrant was ever issued. He just happened to be in the court room and the judge saw he was over $15,000 behind in support and that he was found in contempt the last time we were there. Clink, clink. Cuffs came out. It was weird.

This reminds me of how it works at Costco. If you are due to pay your yearly membership and you happen to be in the check-out line, they will add the fee automatically at check-out and you pay right then and there. If you can't pay, you don't get squat. lol

When the court has the parent in their courtroom, it makes it easier to nab them right then and there. As for Adam, remember, he was also on probation. Any violation of probation is cause for immediate arrest. Not paying child support falls under not complying with a court order. I saw this happen many, many times over the years in the courtroom.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Correct. I believe he had not paid for almost a year. Each state is different. Most, if not all, courts will issue a warrant for arrest. Here in my state, if one is in arrears, not only will an arrest warrant go out, but one will lose their driver's license and they won't be able to acquire their vehicle registration when it is time to register. Info is sent to the DMV and they put a hold on the tags and registration.

That's supposed to be how it works, I think. I don't know because it's not ever been the case for me. The ex still owes a small amount and one year, the IRS sent me a letter saying they would take any refund he may have coming to him. That was about 5 years ago and we've been divorced for 10. Maybe he doesn't file taxes and pockets his income in cash? I don't know.

• Love 1

That's supposed to be how it works, I think. I don't know because it's not ever been the case for me. The ex still owes a small amount and one year, the IRS sent me a letter saying they would take any refund he may have coming to him. That was about 5 years ago and we've been divorced for 10. Maybe he doesn't file taxes and pockets his income in cash? I don't know.

I am sorry. Kids are the ultimate victims when one parent fails them.

• Love 5

I am sorry. Kids are the ultimate victims when one parent fails them.

It is. But it's ok in our situation. I didn't sit back and collect what I thought everyone owed me. And my ex isnt that bad, either. He made a colossal mistake years ago. It's over now. Our kids are adults, the youngest is a teen. It's all good and doesn't matter much anymore. :)

• Love 4

OK, I am too much involved in this TM forum right now because I was watching the Republican debate and at one point somebody said something and I thought "that don't make no sense."

You must have heard me say that the television. :-)

• Love 3
OK, I am too much involved in this TM forum right now because I was watching the Republican debate and at one point somebody said something and I thought "that don't make no sense."

If I would have watched the entire thing, I think I would have lost my voice from saying, "That don't make no sense". 

• Love 3

Jo and his family had such a gorgeous, big home. The way Kail is so obsessed with showing off what she has as far as her house, cars, material things, it makes me wonder if that is why she attached herself to Jo and forego birth control pill. She was hoping to have that kind of home, lifestyle, and stability. In her mind, Jo and his family could have given that to her. When the day came that Jo was no longer wanting her stinking ass after that screw session in the shower, was the day her dream bubble burst. She would no longer have the option of having the Riveras or their money to support her. Now, she has to go bigger and better because material possessions is a sign of success and it is a way to say "fuck you" to those she feels hurt her. Unfortunately, that is not what happened since Kail is the one who screwed herself over but, in her mind, that is likely what she is thinking and feeling.

I absolutely believe this is why Kail *accidentally* got pregnant by Jo.

Random and not relevant to anything:

1. Isaac looks so much like Jo, it's freaky. He's like a mini-Jo. And both of them look like ducks. Something about the way Jo sits there when he talks with this kind of half-smile on his face, just looks like a duck to me.

I know what you're saying about Jo- something about the way he moves his face/mouth reminds me of a duck.

I don't think Issac looks like a duck at all. I think he's really stinking cute. I think Lincoln is, too. Somehow Kail's kids have wound up being super cute and not really looking all that much like their parents as far as their parents' most prominent features (IMO), like Javi's lips, etc.

HA! This just made my week. How do you like that, Kail? You are now a go-to example of how not to behave at athletic evens!

It made mine too.

I always like to find out there are other adults watching (and judging) these fools on Teen Mom.

If Jo had been arrested, Kail would have sold the story to tabloids for money. I don't believe it happened.

Definitely.

Hey Kail,

In the words of the late Whitney Houston: "I wanna see the receipts."

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10

I absolutely believe this is why Kail *accidentally* got pregnant by Jo.

I agree. Kail did what she did for a reason. If it wasn't Jo, it would have been someone else who could provide her with a roof over her head. Being pregnant with Isaac wasn't her first time being pregnant.

I always like to find out there are other adults watching (and judging) these fools on Teen Mom.

Me too. There were a couple of other parents there who are watchers of this show. They got a big laugh out of that scene and agreed that Kail's behavior at the game was despicable. Then again, Kail is just despicable.

• Love 4

I'm officially old and uncool. I had to google what a basic bitch was then take the Are You a Basic Bitch? quiz. I'm mostly not, although I do like Target and eating bagels and wearing sweaters and would say Khloe is my favorite Kardashian. I call shenanigans though on the last one- who am I supposed to pick? KIM?? If you must pick a favorite, I fail to see how it could be anyone but Khloe.

And yes, after going through the 50 point quiz, I agree that Jenelle and Kail are indeed basic bitches who probably consider their tastes classy and mature. Throw Maci in there too.

I don't understand why liking those things is bad (except UGGS, those things are just hideous.)  Who cares if I like pumpkin spice lattes, yoga pants and all things fall?   Why is that a terrible thing?  Am I supposed to feel bad about it? I really don't get it.  

"That don't make no sense" is being said on a daily basis in my house. I should probably be ashamed but...nah :)

I heard someone say it at the pharmacy the other day.  I bet they wondered why I was snickering to myself.

• Love 3

The rerun of this is on and something just occurred to me, what if Jo doesn't want to go through the courts because he is getting paid illegally, I don't mean he's selling drugs, I just mean if perhaps he is getting paid cash for work and not doing taxes, he is afraid that if he goes to court he'll have to pay taxes or something. It's totally just speculation, but it's one of the few scenarios I can come up with as to why he doesn't want to do child support through court.

• Love 3

Fuck Chelsea for the way she runs down Aubree's father to her. Before the past few episodes and in past seasons, Aubree was always shown as excited to see her Dad. If that ever changes, and I hope it doesn't, it should be down to her father's own behavior and not the hints from her own mother.

I think Chelsea's always gotten a good edit, because they have to have one "success story." But as she's said on each reunion, she never stopped hooking up with Adam until she got this boyfriend, including when he and Taylor were on a break. It makes me wonder if Chelsea has *always* talked about Adam in front of Aubree and put him down, but they haven't shown it.

I also *hate* the "you have a new Daddy now" thing. At this point in the show, Cole is just some guy Chelsea's been dating for 10 months. It's way too early to move him in and too early to call him "Daddy." (And if Aubree stumbled into that on her own, which I don't believe for a minute, then she should be gently corrected.) I don't like the parade of "new daddies and mommies" all these kids have seen over the years.

ETA: Now they're showing the "airing of grievances" with Chelsea and her Mom. "Does Aubree have bad behavior when she comes back from Adam's?" Talk about a producer-driven, leading question to shit-talk her daughter's father some more on camera.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4