Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

Briana needs to grow up. When you move, you make new friends. There are many ways to do this. I would find other young mothers, join playgroups, join meetup groups. Get out there and stir things up. Sheesh. She's working and raising children, as most women do. Suck it up, buck up, stop complaining, and enjoy bombing around town in your new Yukon XL.

Sheesh!

• Love 13

Yeah, it seems Briana and her husband have problems with Brooks. Michael and everyone else seem to be cool with him.

Regarding the recording of Brooks it wasn't a phone call was it? I thought Ryan and Brooks we're drinking together and Ryan started secretly recording him. That whole thing seemed fishy to me. I'm not making excuses for Brooks but idk Ryan is a nutcase and seemed want total control over Vicki, Briana the house. Brooks said those things and he owned it (housewife speak ™) I just wonder how the subject of keeping your women in line came up?

Heather and everyone else acting shocked that Vicki is overreacting to the implications that Brooks is faking cancer, is making me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Vicki is a lunatic on a good day, she over reacts to everything! (family van, anyone). Her mother just died, Brooks has cancer, the new girl is gunning for her. Meghan is trying to make herself a center point in the storyline. Vicki hates new people. So her reaction to Meghan implying that Brooks is a big ol'fake seems just about right to me.

I wish they would all stop saying "why is Vicki over reacting hmm?" Are you all new? This is Vicki!

Yes!  I've been thinking that for quite some time now!  If Ryan was planning on recording Brooks, he had to get the ball rolling, so knowing Brooks was twenty sheets to the wind and pissed off, he probably said something to egg him on, something that was subtle enough (but nothing to implicate himself) to imply that if a woman gets out of hand, put her in her place.  He then turned on the recorder and let Brooks roll, knowing that Brooks was probably going to go along with it to be 'Southern good ole' boy' cool so Ryan would like him.

And that is my Ragey Ryan conspiracy theory.

I think Brooks is mostly guilty of foot-in-mouth disease.  He desperately wants people to like him, so he morphs into whomever people need him to be and says whatever people want to hear.  Naturally, it comes off phony and schmoozy, which amps up the shade factor.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 10

Very true, I didn't think of that.

As for "I feel like you're trying to buy my silence with the car", YES, I heard that!  I don't know what to make of it because we only see what's on camera.  Is Briana a jerk for assuming and saying something like that, or has Vicki really sunk that low?  I think Ryan doesn't like Vicki, so I'm assuming he puts a lot of shit in Briana's head under the guise of 'caring husband', being that he's a raging, control freak, but who knows?

I honestly think that since Briana has been so depressed, the car was a gift to cheer her up. Vicki, right or wrong, has always been really generous with her kids. I don't think it was intended to manipulate Briana or buy her silence. Briana has clearly shown she is just as vocal as her mother.

I'm not surprised Briana doesn't have friends in OK. Something tells me that since she wasn't open to moving in the first place, she probably hasn't been a beacon of sunshine and friendliness when meeting new people. Much like her mama.

• Love 10

Okay, I'm from the midwest, but I've never been to Oklahoma. Do they not have basements there? What's up with the tiny storm shelter under the garage? Also, I really didn't get the mentality of - "Instead of going into the storm shelter, we'll just go out to dinner downtown". I mean, obviously nothing happened, but....wtf? 

Also, it's kind of telling that Brianna and Ryan have been there an entire year and haven't made any friends. I mean, I'm trying not to judge, because my husband and I aren't super social with our neighbors or people in our small town. But you'd think with him being in the military they would have found common ground fairly easily. Maybe it's their snobby attitude about OK? 

I don't even want to talk about the SUV birthday present, because it's just so ridiculous to me. But it's her money, so whatever. I wonder if Michael's going to get one for his birthday. 

But wow, Vick really turned on a dime there in that final scene. What in the fresh hell was that all about? I thought Brianna was being perfectly polite about it. She is very put off by Brooks and would rather stay in a hotel. BFD. But Vicki immediately flips out about having this conversation on camera? So odd. She talks about everything on camera. She allowed her reaction to her mother's death be shown. She peed the bed on camera! But all of a sudden a little logistics conversation about Brianna's visit is verboten? Something more is going on there.

Tamra and her baptism. I have no words. Neither did the poor preacher who was subjected to her talk about sex parties. And she can just stop with whole playing innocent business - "I don't know the rules". Oh please. Most of them are a matter of common sense. Look, I'm a Christian. I fully realize that being a Christian, even being baptized, does not make one perfect. We all screw up. But as a Christian, or simply a good person, one TRIES not to screw up, and ostensibly learns from their mistakes. With Tamra, it's just like she thinks she can still go around acting like a heinous bitch, but her being a Christian will excuse her. She's ridiculous. 

Good on Eddie for standing up to her about Ryan, but he lost me with the loan shit. Because, really, calling it a "loan" isn't going to change anything. How is Ryan going to repay you? On his towel folding salary at Cut Fitness? Does he even work? At all? Does Sarah? Tamra is content to just finance him for life, and it's going to be the end of the Judge marriage. Mark my words. Sure, my parents have helped me out of sticky situations before, but never to the tune of $8k. And Ryan isn't IN a sticky situation. It's not like he was injured in an accident. Or lost his job unexpectedly. He's just a shiftless loser who has no ambitions and likely never will. Run, Eddie, Run! 

It's really sad that the Beador kids are so aware of what is going on with their parents that they're the ones trying to fix it. Not cool. A family restaurant night would be so fun, if it were just that. For fun. But those girls should not be worrying about the state of their parents marriage like that. At least the kids' chicken looked a lot more juicy and tasty than the one Shannon made her first season. 

Megan and Heather this week - yawn. 

• Love 14

Lol Icky will do her Shakesperean death scene on camera but not discuss hotels? Ha ha.

Icky's performance during the storm prep in OK was a classic example of her egomania and ridiculousness. And of course she had to toss "I want my mommy" into the mix. I just can't take a word out of her mouth as being honest or real in any way. She is completely full of sh*t. Everything is worse, harder, etc for her. Also Brianna needs to get over "my family home" crap when referring to Icky's house. She has her own family. My oldest sister has been out of the house for almost 45 years and she still seemed to think her old room was "hers" right up to my parents' deaths and beyond, now that two of my brothers live there, lol. (They inherited it for their lifetimes because one of my brothers requires care and the other provides it.) anyway...just anothe reason for Brianna to get under my skin. But I can cut her some slack, for having Icky as a mother. And what a surprise for Icky to use money/cars to try to fix things.

Tamra and her God thing is beyond my comprehension. I can't see it as anything but a storyline. Cynical, yes but I just don't get it. She does not want to be a "better version" of herself. She wants to maybe look like she wants it, but I can't even figure out who she is trying to impress here-God, lol? Eddie could care less. But she is conveniently out of storylines, other than her trashy son and fam back in picture to suck up money. Love how she says date night is all about her and Eddie and immediately launches into talking about Icky and Crooks. Eddie's speech was the best ever. How does Tamra turn a gift into a loan? Oh, she doesn't, she just lies to her husband again. Doesn't he watch this show? Did he just find out she lied last night when we did? Good grief, what a solid marriage.

Poor Meghan, trying so hard to interest Jim in her health issue. He actually responded better than I expected, for him, lol. And not everyone would want to know if they are a cancer risk or anything else that could curtail their life. Her way is not the only correct way. Also, she needs to stop wearing those headbands.

Heather's only storyline is being rich and finding new ways to spend it. And 88 million viewers having a channel on their dial does not = 88 million viewers lol. BTW how much is their skin cream? Affordable to her is not exactly specific.

The Beador dinner was a cute idea but kinda pathetic for those kids. She should have worried about them before she dumped their specific issues on them.

• Love 14
Briana said she works two jobs in two separate emergency rooms. Add that to having two small children, there's probably little time to socialize.

That's a good point. I didn't think of that when I made my first post. She is likely too exhausted to do anything else but care for her kids when she gets home. And if Ryan is all laid up from his back surgery, he's probably not able to get all buddy-buddy with other guys at work. Plus, he's not super likeable anyhow. 

Icky's performance during the storm prep in OK was a classic example of her egomania and ridiculousness. And of course she had to toss "I want my mommy" into the mix.

Oh gosh, yes. That was awful. I swear, Vicki has mentioned her mother more in the few episodes that have followed her death than the entire other 9 seasons of this show combined. 

• Love 8

Rewarding the episode..both Briana and vicki were in the wrong. Surprised the breaking of 4th wall wad included given that it was cut when shannon did it last season. These individual scenes are what I love most about the franchise.

Looking back over the past seasons of all the shows, there was always conflict when the women did get together...but the difference was that the fights werent rehashed in conversation over and over. The Individual narratives were Maintained... watch rhobh season 1 as a perfect example of conflict and little to no rehashing.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 3

Brianna, it is not your family home. It is your mother's house. Clever choice of words but no honey.

I agree that Vicki is using the car to manipulate her, but you know something? Brianna didn't have to accept it. 

I don't care about your cancer maaaaaaaaaybe scare Meghan. Take your douche with you off my screen.

• Love 7
These individual scenes are what I love most about the franchise.

Agreed. Other than Shannon and Heather meeting up, the Ho'wives were on their own this week. And I rather enjoyed it. The first season was a lot more like that, and it just feels more organic and genuine. 

• Love 7

Briana, or any other Mom, should not be forced to have her children around someone they do not trust, that is her right and her job as their mother.

Because Brooks just might con the kids out of their toys? I just think the whole Brooks is some monster that needs mothers to protect their young so freaking comical. Hey I have no idea what Brooks's story is. I don't think he's on the level of conning grandparents out of their life savings to  invest in pyramid schemes and I don't think he's twisting his evil mustache, strategizing evil doings, trading babies on the black market so I think it's absolutely hysterical how up in arms everyone gets over this man. Is it possible that he's not the most honorable man out there. I guess, cause apparently theres this overwhelming proof he's some bad man (sarcasm, since in all these seasons I haven't seen anything that suggests that he's nothing more than a man who may or may not have some unfavorable stuff in his past, whatever) But the fact that people's dislike and distrust for this man goes as far as questioning whether he has cancer is very outrageous to me. I mean I get having a feeling about a person. Not liking his personality or his life choices but My God. People need to take a chill pill. As vigilant as Vicki is with her money, business and independence I doubt this man is going to leave her penniless and if he succeeds in charming her enough so that she willingly shares her money and luxuries with him then fuck it. Why the fuck do I care? I personally don't think he's abusing Vicki, I think he makes her happy and if things so south then that's how the cookie crumbles but all this extra concern that continues as ongoing conflict between mother and daughter is just so unnecessary and some of it comes across as just plain old mean. Life's too short people. Geez!

Also, I am aware that recent news has announced the break up of Vicki and Brooks but I'm just commenting on this interaction and others prior. So much energy wasted on silliness. As for the cancer thing. Well if it comes out then it comes out and then the consequences should be handed out but until it's officially proven I think the is he or isn't he storyline completely disgusting and shameful.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 17

As some of you have mentioned already, Vicki's refusal to continue her conversation with Briana on camera is SO out of character for her. Although, don't forget how she walked out on Brooks' birthday dinner with Shannon and David when she got a whiff Shannon was going to bring up something (negative) about Brooks.

SOMETHING is off about this out of character "not on camera" Vicki. IMO!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 16
Because Brooks just might con the kids out of their toys? I just think the whole Brooks is some monster that needs mothers to protect their young so freaking comical. Hey I have no idea what Brooks's story is. I don't think he's on the level of conning grandparents out of their life savings to  invest in pyramid schemes and I don't think he's twisting his evil mustache, strategizing evil doings, trading babies on the black market so I think it's absolutely hysterical how up in arms everyone gets over this man.

I don't think Brooks needs to be THAT bad for Brianna to want to be protective of her kids. Kids form attachments very quickly. If he's living with Nana, how soon before he becomes Grandpa to them? And then when Brooks has finally finished with Vicki (which has already ostensibly happened in real time), it's not like he's going to stay in their lives. She might very well just be trying to shield them from disappointment and hurt down the road. One doesn't have to be an evil mastermind for a mother to decide they're not a presence she wants around her children.

• Love 9

Brianna, it is not your family home. It is your mother's house. Clever choice of words but no honey.

I agree that Vicki is using the car to manipulate her, but you know something? Brianna didn't have to accept it. 

I don't care about your cancer maaaaaaaaaybe scare Meghan. Take your douche with you off my screen.

Yeah that irritated me too. Brianna said it like it was the family homestead that has been around for generations, not Vicki's private home. Since I'm assuming Vicki alone pays for the mortgage, taxes and all maintenance, referring to it as the "family" home was just meant as a dig against both Vicki and Brooks. I also think it's time for Brianna to get over Brooks and accept that this is the man her mother wants to grow old with. I doubt the recent break up between V & B will last long. Brianna of all people should understand what it's like to love an asshole and just get over herself.
  • Love 16

I don't think Brooks needs to be THAT bad for Brianna to want to be protective of her kids. Kids form attachments very quickly. If he's living with Nana, how soon before he becomes Grandpa to them? And then when Brooks has finally finished with Vicki (which has already ostensibly happened in real time), it's not like he's going to stay in their lives. She might very well just be trying to shield them from disappointment and hurt down the road. One doesn't have to be an evil mastermind for a mother to decide they're not a presence she wants around her children.

Granted, and very reasonable logic IF that were Brianna's angle. Brianna has made it clear why she doesn't want her kids around him. Because she thinks he's a bad influence, a bad man, bad for her mom, Etc. etc. etc. As far as I can tell, in all these seasons, the biggest gripe all these people have with Brooks is that THEY DON'T TRUST HIM. And I have yet to see anything concrete to back this overwhelming display of ridiculousness. They haven't shown one thing in this man's past that has me completely turned all "the power of Christ compels you" on him. What's worse is that this dislike for this man, right on my TV screen, slowly turned into this campaign to prove him to be some really "dangerous" person with A LOT of stretching and screaming and accusations, yada, yada, yada and yet all the stuff that has "come out" about him has never registered anything higher than a raised eyebrow on my "protect all that is good and holy" meter. To me the whole thing about Brooks all these seasons falls into a very asinine category that's lacks intelligence on their parts. I mean they trip all over themselves and stumble around just to have their say about the man. Give me a break already.

• Love 10

Totally Team Eddie in that restaurant scene! I was like, hell yeah, Chomps--you tell her!  Freakin' Tamra and her rat-faced spawn.

That dinner at the Beadors was a very cute scene.  The girls can be quite charming when they want to be.  I really like Shannon's oldest daughter.  She's lovely and seems very sweet. 

Why would Briana leave her husband in Oklahoma where they have their own home to stay with her idiot mother?  It's not like she's stuck with the kids in some dinky on base housing.  My BIL was career Navy and his wife and kids traveled from base to base, including Puerto Rico.  We would have thought it very odd if they didn't.  And they were on dinky base housing for much of his career.

I assume she still has a lot of friends in Southern Cali.  She considers it her "home" so I don't find it odd that she'd want to make trips back there from time to time, especially with Ryan away. 

When did Vicki say that Brooks was staying in a hotel in the OC as opposed to traveling?

I don't think she did state this explicitly (unless I missed it).  I think this is just what Brianna and some of us viewers are inferring.

Meagan-Don't like her, but I gotta say she looked really good tonight.  I usually hate her clothes and think her weave looks cheap.

Also, stop talking about other peoples medical decisions. None of your business.

I wonder if Brianna is required to bring up the whole Brooks thing every time she's on.  She just kept going even when Vicki was pretty clear she wasn't going to engage on camera. 

Pretty sure Megan doesn't wear extensions.  At least not when they filmed this season.  Her hair isn't very long, and it's on the thin side. 

I would agree with this whole post more if it said, "Dress your size" instead of "Dress your age".  Is everyone over 50 supposed to wear shawls and granny dresses?  It's true Vicki tends to buy her clothes too tight, but the style of the white dress was fine for her age if you ask me.  If she would do a few crunches and maybe wear spanks I think she would have looked marvelous in that white dress, even if she is over 50.  If you ask me Vicki actually looked sexier than line backer looking, thin as a rail, 30 year old Meghan.

Totally.  I mean, Heather D.  could get away with wearing certain more risqué styles than say....Brianna-and she's 20 years older than her. It's really got much more to do with your figure than your age. However, I disagree that Vick's white dress would have worked unless she returned it and bought it a size or 2 larger.  It was just too small. 

Briana needs to grow up. When you move, you make new friends. There are many ways to do this. I would find other young mothers, join playgroups, join meetup groups. Get out there and stir things up. Sheesh. She's working and raising children, as most women do. Suck it up, buck up, stop complaining, and enjoy bombing around town in your new Yukon XL.

Sheesh!

I don't think not making friends has anything to do with "growing up."  She does have her plate ridiculously full. And, as a few other posters noted, it can be much harder to make friends as you get older. I lived in Northern VA for many years and it was always easy-breezy to make friends, so I assumed it would be equally so when I moved to Pennsylvania 2+ years. It is definitely NOT the case. I'm fortunate that most of my best friends are only a 2-hour car ride away, but it still would be nice to have a couple local gals to hang with!

• Love 13

Because Brooks just might con the kids out of their toys? I just think the whole Brooks is some monster that needs mothers to protect their young so freaking comical. Hey I have no idea what Brooks's story is. I don't think he's on the level of conning grandparents out of their life savings to  invest in pyramid schemes and I don't think he's twisting his evil mustache, strategizing evil doings, trading babies on the black market so I think it's absolutely hysterical how up in arms everyone gets over this man. Is it possible that he's not the most honorable man out there. I guess, cause apparently theres this overwhelming proof he's some bad man (sarcasm, since in all these seasons I haven't seen anything that suggests that he's nothing more than a man who may or may not have some unfavorable stuff in his past, whatever) But the fact that people's dislike and distrust for this man goes as far as questioning whether he has cancer is very outrageous to me. I mean I get having a feeling about a person. Not liking his personality or his life choices but My God. People need to take a chill pill. As vigilant as Vicki is with her money, business and independence I doubt this man is going to leave her penniless and if he succeeds in charming her enough so that she willingly shares her money and luxuries with him then fuck it. Why the fuck do I care? I personally don't think he's abusing Vicki, I think he makes her happy and if things so south then that's how the cookie crumbles but all this extra concern that continues as ongoing conflict between mother and daughter is just so unnecessary and some of it comes across as just plain old mean. Life's too short people. Geez!

Also, I am aware that recent news has announced the break up of Vicki and Brooks but I'm just commenting on this interaction and others prior. So much energy wasted on silliness. As for the cancer thing. Well if it comes out then it comes out and then the consequences should be handed out but until it's officially proven I think the is he or isn't he storyline completely disgusting and shameful.

No, I don't think Briana is worried about Brooks stealing her kids toys but that he will talk about them in the press as he did her and her pregnancy. He has already shown that he can't be trusted with private/personal information about her so why should she risk it with her kids? It is her, Briana's, decision whether or not to allow Brooks in their lives, NOT Vicki's decision.

• Love 13

That storm shelter looked like look 'the hole.' You know where the military or prison would put a soldier/prisoner who has done something bad back in the day. I am not claustrophobic but that legit like look an underground tomb. Nope!

Good on Eddie for standing up to her about Ryan, but he lost me with the loan shit. Because, really, calling it a "loan" isn't going to change anything. How is Ryan going to repay you?

Yup. A rose by any other name is still a rose.  Truth is Ryan is a broke ass with no seeming talent or ability to earn a wage that would make him able to afford to rent a damn house in the OC. Eddie knows better than anyone how much CUT paid Ryan to fluff and fold and can see that that ain't gonna pay the rent.

I am curious as to Raging Ryan's back injury. I wonder if it cut his last tour of duty short or if he was able to complete it.

I'd also be curious as to why Bri is working two jobs and how many actual hours she is logging in. I mean are they 2 part time jobs or what? I'm glad that she is working and isn't a wastrel like the other OC kids but damn that sounds freaking exhausting with 2 jobs, 2 toddlers and an injured husband with no help or friends for relief besides Vicki coming into town for a few days sometimes.

One too many Ryans on this show.

I really ain't here for Tamra's baptism. Come on now - that isn't gonna take. The evil is too strong with that one. How long has she been reading bible for dummies and still can't figure out what is right or wrong?  And at her age if she doesn't know that by now, no dip in a pool with a holy man is going to correct that. The minister's face when listening to Tamra talk about sex parties and tapes was hilarious though.

Yeah that irritated me too. Brianna said it like it was the family homestead that has been around for generations, not Vicki's private home. Since I'm assuming Vicki alone pays for the mortgage, taxes and all maintenance, referring to it as the "family" home was just meant as a dig against both Vicki and Brooks. I also think it's time for Brianna to get over Brooks and accept that this is the man her mother wants to grow old with. I doubt the recent break up between V & B will last long. Brianna of all people should understand what it's like to love an asshole and just get over herself.

LOL! Brianna was giving me Kennedy compound,  Tara or South Fork teas when she called Vicki's house the family home. Frankly, I just think she expects to inherit it after Vicki dies.

• Love 9

No, I don't think Briana is worried about Brooks stealing her kids toys but that he will talk about them in the press as he did her and her pregnancy. He has already shown that he can't be trusted with private/personal information about her so why should she risk it with her kids? It is her, Briana's, decision whether or not to allow Brooks in their lives, NOT Vicki's decision.

Of course it is. But I do feel a part of her motivation is to punish Vicki and at first it was used as a bargaining tool to keep Brooks away. Not cool. It's obvious that restricting herself and her children from Vicki is a serious blow and she knew it would be. I'm not glossing over her very meanspirited intentions and shameful use of her children because technically, as a mom, she has the right to "protect her children". Yeah, yeah, that wasn't her main intention so I call bullshit on that whole angle.

• Love 6

Even if Brianna never moves back to the OC, or at least stays in OK for two more years, Vicki should count herself lucky that she has the health and wealth to fly out to visit frequently.  Not everyone has that luxury.

Heather & Terry's beauty products are on the evine website, and look kinda comparable to Clinique in price range, which I suppose is 'affordable' in the cosmetic world.  I know there are lines at Sephora more expensive than that.

I simply love that Shannon has one off designer dresses made for her grandmother.  She can be weird as all get out, but wearing that gown at the "pop up" restaurant was fun.  Of course, her kids trying to fix their parents' relationship is sad, but that she still has these old dresses is very cool.  I guess it goes with her granny decor style, too. ;)

Does Jim do promo work for Wheels Up (the charter airline that Heather uses, and I think also Kyle & Mauricio used on BH)?  He had on a Wheels Up logo'd jacket when driving Meghan back from the doctor and had on a t shirt with the logo a couple of episodes back.  Maybe it's some Bravo deal for cut rate charter service.

As regards, Brianna's two ER jobs, I don't know about nurses, but I know a handful of doctors who pick up ER shifts at various hospitals in town, depending where there is need.  Maybe it's the same for nurses?

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 5

Even though it was a nice gesture on their part, I was completely grossed out that the Beador girls didn't have their long hair pulled back while dealing with food. Yuck. I hate the fact that they worry about their parents relationship.  Shame on Shannon and David for even remotely discussing it in front of them let alone be on a reality show.   Go away and deal with your marital mess.

Didn't Tamra say in her voiceover or TH that she knows Ryan will never pay her back?  Poor Teefs having to deal with Tamra's dysfunctional relationship with Ryan.  Just ugh.    And is this home that she put the deposit money on the one where the police had to show up to a few months back?  I'm not recalling exactly what happened there, but I know it wasn't good.

I was completely confused by Meghan's cancer scare?  Was she biopsied?  Huh?   Was BRCA testing done in her family?   I must have been half asleep because I think I missed a lot last night. LOL  Better rewatch and comment more coherently.  

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 3

Eddie did good, but it won't matter in the long run, unless he puts his money where his mouth is and leaves Tamra's lying butt. Will he?? Because Tamra will be supporting her low-life spawn forever. That woman he married must think she is in pig heaven. She knows what's what. But any price is too high to have to be with (sleep with, ugh) that piece of human waste of Tamra's son.

Icky justs gets more and more like an imbecile every year. She shows how shallow and ridiculous she is at every chance. I think Michael drives up to meet her to keep her from knowing where he lives. Imwish he did not even work for her though. He needs to make a clean break, he is smart enough to make it on his own. After all, he will be "fine" when she dies. Only Icky can't survive a parent's death. Only her emotions matter.

I was all for Brianna not staying in the "family home". I never did when my parents were alive. They had two of my brithers living there, with good reason, and the house accomodated their need after the rest of us cleared out. It was no longer our house. I had no problem staying in a nearby motel and having meals with my parents. She has her reasons and they are good enough for me.

All of these women are wa k jobs but only Icky makes my skin crawl.

• Love 9

Of course it is. But I do feel a part of her motivation is to punish Vicki and at first it was used as a bargaining tool to keep Brooks away. Not cool. It's obvious that restricting herself and her children from Vicki is a serious blow and she knew it would be. I'm not glossing over her very meanspirited intentions and shameful use of her children because technically, as a mom, she has the right to "protect her children". Yeah, yeah, that wasn't her main intention so I call bullshit on that whole angle.

Briana didn't want to put Brooks out of his bed in the house he lives in and she is the bad person here? Good Grief! She was not refusing to go back to the OC and visit with her mom because of Brooks. Had she actually said that, which she did NOT, THAT would have been using her kids as a "bargaining tool" and she has never denied or restricted Vicki's trips (14 trips in 1 year) to see her and the kids so what exactly is Briana doing to "restrict" Vicki from seeing the kids because I don't see anything.

• Love 21

Actually, masternind is a perfect word for it.  It's so obvious that keeping grandkids away is a ploy, in response to whatever hurt the mom (it's always the mom) felt from her mother. Look at Bethenny, forgiving the man who beat her mom but not forgiving her mom! 

In the meantime, life experiences and memories are lost.  It's such a tragedy.  

• Love 2

I was completely confused by Meghan's cancer scare?  Was she biopsied?  Huh?   Was BRCA testing done in her family?   I must have been half asleep because I think I missed a lot last night. LOL  Better rewatch and comment more coherently.  

She says in her blog that she had the BRCA test done and that it was negative. I don't remember if she said anything about the lump though.

• Love 1

Actually, masternind is a perfect word for it.  It's so obvious that keeping grandkids away is a ploy, in response to whatever hurt the mom (it's always the mom) felt from her mother. Look at Bethenny, forgiving the man who beat her mom but not forgiving her mom! 

BUT, Briana is NOT keeping Vicki away! If she was I would agree that she is trying to manipulate/control/punish Vicki but that is NOT what she is doing. Briana does NOT want Brooks around her kids or herself and he is the ONLY person she is refusing to be allowed around HER children.

• Love 11
As regards, Brianna's two ER jobs, I don't know about nurses, but I know a handful of doctors who pick up ER shifts at various hospitals in town, depending where there is need

I understood her comment to jokingly mean that she's taking care of kids on her hospital job and taking care of adults (husband and mother) at home.  Anyone else?

• Love 1

Briana didn't want to put Brooks out of his bed in the house he lives in and she is the bad person here? Good Grief! She was not refusing to go back to the OC and visit with her mom because of Brooks. Had she actually said that, which she did NOT, THAT would have been using her kids as a "bargaining tool" and she has never denied or restricted Vicki's trips (14 trips in 1 year) to see her and the kids so what exactly is Briana doing to "restrict" Vicki from seeing the kids because I don't see anything.

My point went completely over your head and the points I was making were in general that tie into Brianna's now "reasons" for her stance on Brooks. Her tactics were not lost on me and I don't condone it. I don't pay her bills so in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter. LOL.

I think Brianna'sa bad person cause she's mean. She's mean, her husband is all kinds of fucked up and mean and she acts like his behavior is somehow ok and to be tolerated but she can go ahead and judge others, make demands and you know be mean as fuck. My annoyance with Brianna doesn't make Vicki a saint but Brianna is so full of shit I can't watch her without seeing the steam whiffing off the top of her head.

• Love 8

Brooks and Vicki went to Mexico after one of his chemo treatments. Not every patient has the same restrictions. I question how many oncologists Briana works with in the Emergency Room. By this time in filming Brooks is no longer undergoing treatment. So I am confused when the segment was filmed. I have no problem with Brooks moving into a hotel or staying with friends. It would seem to me that with six weeks in between treatment at the time there would be an equal chance that if he were still in chemo he would be able to function out side the house. I do believe he was also travelling to Mississippi to see his kids during the time.

There is no way possible to make Briana look bad-she does it all on her own. If Vicki has had fourteen visits to OK and a trip to Florida and a trip to Illinois all in the past year, that might be why Briana isn't making any new friends. Vicki should try visiting less often so Briana could develop some friendships.

It does seem odd that they have no friends after living there for a year. My son is in the Navy and he and his wife have been at their new base since January. When we talk and visit they are always talking about their friends. They seem to have an active social life even with their crazy work schedules.

• Love 2
Eddie did good, but it won't matter in the long run, unless he puts his money where his mouth is and leaves Tamra's lying butt. Will he?? Because Tamra will be supporting her low-life spawn forever.

So true. I really hope they have separate bank accounts. 

Actually, masternind is a perfect word for it.  It's so obvious that keeping grandkids away is a ploy, in response to whatever hurt the mom (it's always the mom) felt from her mother. Look at Bethenny, forgiving the man who beat her mom but not forgiving her mom!

In the meantime, life experiences and memories are lost.  It's such a tragedy.

Vicki has visited her grandkids 14 times in one year. I don't think any life experiences are being lost. Vicki seems like a very loving, involved Nana....and I do not see Brianna restricting her access to the kids at all (unless Vicki is forced into the storm shelter as soon as the cameras quit rolling). I think she just doesn't trust Brooks (for various reasons, as others have posted, namely be giving her personal info to tabloids) and doesn't want her kids anywhere near HIM. I don't blame her. 

She says in her blog that she had the BRCA test done and that it was negative. I don't remember if she said anything about the lump though.

It seems as though her doc determined it was likely just an infection. She mentioned something about if the lump gets bigger it's an infection? I have no idea, not an arena I have any expertise in. But that's what I remember. 

• Love 4

BUT, Briana is NOT keeping Vicki away! If she was I would agree that she is trying to manipulate/control/punish Vicki but that is NOT what she is doing. Briana does NOT want Brooks around her kids or herself and he is the ONLY person she is refusing to be allowed around HER children.

Having conditions and certain rules that have to be met followed etc. etc. is limiting her accessibility. Vicki is lucky she is able to travel, has money to most likely pay for Briannas trips back to OC etc. etc. but if Brianna were closer Vicki would have to jump through hoops to spend time with her grandchildren. The type of things that interfere with daily routines, schedules etc. etc. I mean I know when my time comes to spend time with my grandchildren I would want to feel like they could be dropping by anytime because there aren't any restrictions for them coming to my home not that I would have to make some kind of "arrangements" before I can expect a visit. It's just sad and unnecessary I think cause for all the drama, scandal, blah blah blah, who really thinks having Brooks around Brianna's children is really some sort of travesty? I doubt even Brianna does. I get it her children her rules. No doubt but her rules are implemented out of spite and no real concern of her childrens well being it's just the perfect reason to use. I just can't see it. I mean, let's just call a spade a spade.

• Love 4
Also, for whoever was asking why the choice was the storm shelter or going to Bricktown for dinner for some reasons tornadoes never hit downtown...or they haven't in the 41 years I've been alive.  My Granny always said it was because of the river, but I'm no Gary England (a famous OK meteorologist) so I have no idea if that's true or not.

Thank you for your inside info! I was one of those wondering about going out to dinner as opposed to staying close to home and the shelter. Good to know. 

• Love 7

I get the impression part of the 15 visits between Vicki and Briana are to give Briana a little break from the kids.  So it makes no sense to have the kids in a hotel and Vicki to visit them. It makes perfect sense to have a nice home where Grandma can cook and a beautiful yard for the kids to play in while mom goes shopping or to a spa or visit a friend.  I don't  think poorly of Briana for putting Brooks out if she and her mother have agreed to no Brooks around the kids.  I just don't think she needed to belabor the point. My guess is Brooks probably doesn't want to around when Briana is in town.  As far as the travel I think Briana was grasping for reasons.  There are many cancer patients who can't be around others after chemo and other arrangements have to be made. 

When Briana says she is working two jobs, would it be more accurate to say she takes shifts at two different hospitals?  If she has no one to watch the kids how much can she work?  I don't think Briana has to work is she doesn't want to-but I certainly don't get the impression she works full time. 

• Love 3

Briannas husband still gives me the creeps, not sure why

I also really enjoyed this episode even with Vickis histronics

How is Eddie with Tamra? He seems so down to earth and normal. Shes crazy and this whole baptized story line..SNOOZE. 

Does anyone know the status of Ryan and his wife after their domestic violence incident? Are they still getting married?

• Love 2

Yes, indeed. I'm sure Brianna kept those grandkids away from her those 14 times that Vicki went out to stay with them in Oklahoma.  I'm also sure those scenes of Vicki interacting with her grandkids last night was staged just for filming. Evil Brianna most likely kept the kids up in the attic, locked away from Vicki the other 13 times

I understood her comment to jokingly mean that she's taking care of kids on her hospital job and taking care of adults (husband and mother) at home.  Anyone else?

No.. didn't she actually say what the 2 jobs were last night?   

• Love 5

When did Vicki say that Brooks was staying in a hotel in the OC as opposed to traveling?

Dammit, I though she said he "goes" there all the time instead of "travels."  Vicki needs to steal the idea that any strange behavior was just to hide that Brooks bought a room at a Motel 6 to get out of being around Tamra.

When Briana says she is working two jobs, would it be more accurate to say she takes shifts at two different hospitals?  If she has no one to watch the kids how much can she work?  I don't think Briana has to work is she doesn't want to-but I certainly don't get the impression she works full time. 

I was curious about that, too. I think that would be pretty accurate. I know quite a few nurses who work for more than one hospital because they cannot get all the hours they want at one facility, but I don't think they'd say they have two jobs.

• Love 4

Seeing the flashback during Heather and Shannon's lunch makes me wonder why Terry and Heather have not called an ambulance for Vicki and her "psychotic breaks".

Lol, though in all fairness to Terry (whom I dislike intensely) if you watch the scene again you will see that he dismissed the ambulance comment.

No, I didn't take it that way at all. My impression was that she was pulling shifts at two different ERs, tending to her children and taking care of Dickhead at the same time. What she didn't say is how many shifts a week she is working. Still sounds like a lot on her plate to me.
  • Love 3

Excuse me if this was mentioned on the 2 pages of commentary I haven't gotten to yet but I'm 100% team Briana on this one.  She has every right to want to keep her family away from Brooks considering what he said to Ryan when he got drunk what was it, 2 seasons ago?  I wouldn't want my kids near someone who suggested my husband smack me around to keep me in line either.  I don't care if he was drunk when he said it, the fact that he even has that in him to say would be enough for me to stay clear of him forever.  

As for Meghan's comments on BRCA testing, from what I understand from when my mom had Cancer, if you are tested and get a positive result, this is now considered a pre-existing condition.  So prior to Obamacare this would have meant people weren't assured coverage.  When she asked why nobody in her family would have had that test, I think this could be an easy answer.  Not everyone has the Jim...Edmonds money.  

• Love 14

I cannot recall: has Vicki called it the "family home" before? It seems like something she'd say, but I don't remember anything specific.

Can't believe it, but I agree with Eddie 100%. Ryan's going to be the demise of that relationship. And, no, Tamra...not all children have had help from their parents. Some of us would never even think of asking for help.

• Love 4

They were and are connected. Vicki only arranged for Brooks to "travel" at the time in question because Brianna was coming to visit, so Brianna, as a nurse, was questioning the logic of that, as it's too dangerous for stage three cancer patients to travel, esp. after undergoing or finishing a round of chemo.

But by the time of Vicki's visit to Brianna, hadn't Brooks had already decided that he was no longer going to do chemo treatments?  Or.....he really isn't a stage three cancer patient -- which is what I think that Brianna was trying to get said ON CAMERA.  As soon as the conversation turned from Brianna and her family staying in a hotel, when Brianna said "I would never throw a cancer patient out of their bed", Vicki wanted the cameras shut down.  

Interesting how all of this was juxtaposed with the other housewives discussing this same thing, in a roundabout way.  Eddie and Tamra saying that Brooks has never looked better or healthier, Shannon saying to Heather that she would support Vicki, no matter what.

I don't know if we will ever find out whether Brooks really does have cancer or not, unless Vicki announces it at the reunion, and states that is the reason for their break-up.  But, she will not do that because then, she would also be made to be a lying liar who lies, as she has said that she also went with him to his chemo appointments/doctor visits (which was it??), and that she was with him while he was so horribly sick afterwards.  

• Love 7

Also, for whoever was asking why the choice was the storm shelter or going to Bricktown for dinner for some reasons tornadoes never hit downtown...or they haven't in the 41 years I've been alive.  My Granny always said it was because of the river, but I'm no Gary England (a famous OK meteorologist) so I have no idea if that's true or not.

I lived in Moore for the May 3rd tornado which was the strongest in recorded history and the May 20th tornado a few years ago that took out practically half of the city.  I've never in my life heard of anyone sitting in their shelter for 12 hours.  You also register your shelter with the city, so if for some reason you are trapped they send the fire department to come and dig you out.  

Tornadoes do hit downtown areas. The old myths about not crossing rivers, traveling over hills or even mountains, and striking cities has been disproven time and again. Thing is, Tornado Alley contains so much unpopulated land that the odds of a given storm hitting a downtown area of a mid-size or larger city are quite small. But put a city like Chicago, Dallas, or Kansas City in the way of a long-path EF4 or EF5 and having a meal in a restaurant will provide absolutely no protection unless they have room for everyone in the meat locker.

• Love 1

[quote name="ghoulina" post="1485978" timestamp="1441714323"

Tamra and her baptism. I have no words. Neither did the poor preacher who was subjected to her talk about sex parties. And she can just stop with whole playing innocent business - "I don't know the rules". Oh please. Most of them are a matter of common sense. Look, I'm a Christian. I fully realize that being a Christian, even being baptized, does not make one perfect. We all screw up. But as a Christian, or simply a good person, one TRIES not to screw up, and ostensibly learns from their mistakes. With Tamra, it's just like she thinks she can still go around acting like a heinous bitch, but her being a Christian will excuse her. She's ridiculous. 

Unfortunately, I think a lot of born-again Christians feel the way Tamra appears to feel.

• Love 2

This episode was just more of the same shit/story lines we've seen for years. Tamra and a husband talking about how unmotivated Ryan is? Check - seen that story before. Brianna and Vicki arguing over Brooks? Check - seen it before over and over again. 

The interesting nuggets for me are when you start to see the very beginning of trouble - of some new dynamic that is slipping into the show. Last night it was Heather and Shannon going to dinner. I'm surprised to hear that people thought it was boring. It was beyond interesting to me, and I'm sure it will set the tone for a lot of what is going to happen in the next few weeks. Have we heard Shannon come right out and criticize Vicki before to someone else, because that is what she was doing. When she was telling Heather about what went down at the sex party, she specifically said "Vicki really started it", and then went on to reveal the terrible things that Vicki had said about Meghan and her marriage. Vicki will not like that, but it is fun for me to start to see someone who has defended Vicki (Shannon) start to get an idea of what a really horrendous person that Vicki is. Once she realizes it, I don't think she will be able to look back. 

• Love 12