Type keyword(s) to search

Game: What was #1 on the day you were born?

Spiritinthesky
  • Start Topic

I was always told that it was Sugar Sugar by the Archies, but I tried a different one a few months ago and it said Get Back by the Beatles.  This one says Love Theme for Romeo and Juliet.  I wonder why the discrepancy?

I actually already knew this, but it was "Lost In Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson. 

Billboard.com allows you to find both the #1 song and #1 album on the day you were born in the US! Just go to the right of your screen and you'll see it. You even have the choice to see the full chart for both!

Songs:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

Albums:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

For me, the #1 album the day I was born was Don't Be Cruel by Bobby Brown.

I was always told that it was Sugar Sugar by the Archies, but I tried a different one a few months ago and it said Get Back by the Beatles.  This one says Love Theme for Romeo and Juliet.  I wonder why the discrepancy?

If I had to guess, the fact that the charts are released on one day, but are said to be for a later date, could be the issue, especially if you were born on the cusp of one song replacing another at number one, like I was. For example, I was born February 28th, 1989. I thought for the longest time that "Straight Up" by Paula Adbul was the number one song the day I was born, as it had been number one the last few weeks before that. But then I found out that, for my birthday, the list of number one hits was counted under the Hot 100 list for March 4th, 1989, and LIYE replaced SU that very week at the top of the charts.

Hope that helps. :)

• Love 1

Decided to look the number one song from when I was born in the UK, too--it was a song called "Belfast Child" by Simple Minds, the same band that brought usa "Don't You (Forget About Me)" from The Breakfast Club soundtrack.

Mine was 'Alone Again, Naturally' by Gilbert O'Sullivan.

I'm not proud of this.

Why?  It's a great song.

US: Tina Turner- What's Love Got to Do With it?

UK: George Michael- Careless Whisper

That was a good day! Birthday was yesterday.

Happy belated birthday!

I'd checked the Billboard list before and my song is Teddy Bear by Elvis.  So I was confused when this one came up with Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.  Wiki says Tammy was #1 on Cashbox, Teddy Bear on Billboard.

So I'm a bit less confused now.  But that won't last...

• Love 1

We Can Work It Out by The Beatles. Anyone born between 1964-69 has a good shot of landing on a Beatles song.

Lucky you and well, no - I got Petula Clark. I get it could have been worse. I'm also thinking that I'll look at what was topping the charts when I was 15, 20, 25, much more relevant to me!

Mine's Eternal Flame by The Bangles. It was number one for most of that month that year.

If I was born a couple of weeks earlier, it would've been Like a Prayer by Madonna which would've been awesome

8 year old me (and 35 yr old me) loved Eternal Flame.

#1 song when I was born was "Upside Down" by Diana Ross.

• Love 1

I've Never Been To Me by Charlene in Australia and Canada

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor in the US

Fame by Irene Cara in the UK

1982, the year listenable mainstream music died apparently.

• Love 1

UK - "I'm Alive" by the Hollies

US - "Mr. Tambourine Man" by the Byrds

Ugh, mine is "Half-Breed" by Cher.

I loved that song growing up.  My parents gave me the single for Christmas to go with the record player they bought me.  Along with "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" - I must've really liked Cher at the time.  Still do, actually, the stuff from that part of her career anyway, not her hits from the 90s.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Because I am old:

US: Mac Davis - "Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me"

UK: Slade - "Mama, Weer All Crazee Now"

Australia: Wayne Newton - "Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast"

Not as old as I am.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1