Type keyword(s) to search

The Crown In The Media

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

Posts in this topic should be about the media for The Crown. Off topic posts may be removed with notification; repeated infractions may result in warnings.

• Start Topic

On 10/9/2023 at 12:08 PM, Spartan Girl said:

image.thumb.png.5eba44bb70cbb68949532f7c4d454152.png

The poster on the left is already making me sad. Diana, you deserved so much better.

Knowing she had only a week to live when that photograph was taken is still heartbreaking 💔

• Sad 2
  • Love 3

Since the end of Season 6, Episode 4 includes a trailer for the second half of the season, I thought this would be appropriate here.  Based on the shots of the William actor, I feel like they should have kept the actor from the first four episodes.  He had the perfect William expression from that time.  All they had to do was give him a different hairstyle and he would looked like a dead ringer for 18-year old William.

• Like 1

‘The Crown’ To Auction Off 450 Costumes & Props From Netflix Series

Left Bank Pictures will auction off nearly 450 props and costumes from the iconic show with proceeds going to fund a National Film and Television School (NFTS) scholarship for the next 20 years.

Sales will begin on February 7, 2024, hosted by Bonhams Auctioneers, with 150 lots up for bidding. An additional 300 items will be listed online on February 8.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:06 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

It sounds like 5 episodes will drop in November and then the last 5 in December.

I don't know about December, but it seems like there are only 4 episodes showing in November - at least when I checked for upcoming season 6 episodes after the 4th one, "Aftermath," the message I get is "There are no upcoming airings available at this time."

That is what they said, 4 in November and the other 6 in December.

They apparently will jump ahead in time because William and maybe Harry too will be played by older actors.

As far as all the happens on this show, it's al imagined, nobody who was privy to the private conversations depicted on the show would divulge them.

But Morgan has done a brilliant job in many episodes in depicting the emotional dynamics of these characters.

Sure it's an outsider's interpretation of what these figures are or were about.

He obviously has succeeded in making them appear interesting to hold the viewers.

Just like he did a brilliant job with The Queen movie.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I don't know about December, but it seems like there are only 4 episodes showing in November - at least when I checked for upcoming season 6 episodes after the 4th one, "Aftermath," the message I get is "There are no upcoming airings available at this time."

After the fourth episode, there was a preview for the rest of the season six episodes. At the end of the preview, it said they would drop on December 14. 

• Thanks 2

The Ringer has been discussing the season 6 episodes.

They've really been complaining about the poor digital effects like Diana on the high diving board on the yacht in front of a cliff or Elizabeth giving her TV speech with the crowd in front of Buckingham Palace.

They said they're too obviously faked so it throws them out of the moment.

In some cases, the shots are recreations of famous photos or video sequences and the CGI doesn't render them well.

I haven't noticed them being too off.  When Elizabeth spoke with the crowd over her shoulders in the background, I understood that wasn't real nor did they have some number of extras in the background and then digitally multiplied them to fill the frame.

Some people who followed these events or viewed old news footage or photos, who might be more into the subject matter, might be more critical, especially the shots in the show which are suppose to be recreations of famous photos.

Since we don't have an Awards thread, this is the closest place to put info about the Golden Globe nominations released today. 

Nominations for Best TV Drama, Best Actor Drama (Dominic West), Best Actress Drama (Imelda Staunton), Best Supporting Actress (Elizabeth Debicki).

These nominations are for the 4-episode Season 6.

I fail to understand how Imelda Staunton got another nomination, she is completely empty as Elizabeth.  I guess the voters liked her speech to the public after Diana died?  That speech showed zero range, it was just reading dictation in a flat tone.

I don't understand how Dominic West got a nomination either.

Elizabeth Debicki fully deserves her nomination.  I dont think she has any chance to win but it's nice that she got recognised.  She is pretty much the only good thing about this season.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Since we don't have an Awards thread, this is the closest place to put info about the Golden Globe nominations released today. 

Nominations for Best TV Drama, Best Actor Drama (Dominic West), Best Actress Drama (Imelda Staunton), Best Supporting Actress (Elizabeth Debicki).

These nominations are for the 4-episode Season 6.

I fail to understand how Imelda Staunton got another nomination, she is completely empty as Elizabeth.  I guess the voters liked her speech to the public after Diana died?  That speech showed zero range, it was just reading dictation in a flat tone.

I don't understand how Dominic West got a nomination either.

Elizabeth Debicki fully deserves her nomination.  I dont think she has any chance to win but it's nice that she got recognised.  She is pretty much the only good thing about this season.

Dominic West is a talented actor but he is a terrible fit for Charles.

His predecessor encompassed a lot of nuance about the new King which made him feel very real and interesting.

• Like 8
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

Dominic West is a talented actor but he is a terrible fit for Charles.

His predecessor encompassed a lot of nuance about the new King which made him feel very real and interesting.

Josh O'Connor was great.  I'm not a Tobias Menzies fan, I've disliked him ever since he was Brutus in "Rome".  Always looks he smelled a fart, always looks and sounds dour.

I'm curious if Part 2 of Season 6 is going to be eligible again for the 2025 Globes?  Strange that a 4 episode "part 1" of a season is enough episodes to be considered for Best Drama.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I'm curious if Part 2 of Season 6 is going to be eligible again for the 2025 Globes?  Strange that a 4 episode "part 1" of a season is enough episodes to be considered for Best Drama.

I will bet real money on those last 6 episodes getting some nominations next year as well.  There are certain shows that will always be nominated if their episodes fall in the timeframe to be eligible.  Which is why I never get fully invested in award shows for television.

On 11/28/2023 at 12:09 PM, Spartan Girl said:

New pics from part 2

I was not a fan of Camilla's wedding attire and I never will be.

On 11/28/2023 at 6:37 PM, Absolom said:

Yikes, the recreation is worse than what she wore.  This looks cheap and lacking in style.

She wore 2 outfits.  The cream one was from the town hall wedding.  I thought that he pale blue one she wore to the religious blessing (to me it appeared to be gray) looked wonderful on her, and i loved the coordinating hat:   https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/style/1590834/camilla-duchess-of-Cornwall-wedding-style-dress-bouquet-myrtle-prince-Charles

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
(edited)

SAG Awards nominees for:

• Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
  • Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series.

SAG -Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble.jpg

SAG - Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor.jpg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1

Congrats to Elizabeth Debicki for her GG win!  I thought she had zero chance, every prediction I read said that Meryl Streep was a lock.

Congrats also to her for her SAG nomination.  She was the only good thing about The Crown this year.  I doubt she can beat Sarah Snook, but the recognition is nice.